[S] Smalltown Mafia: Werewolf Wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [S] Smalltown Mafia: Whose side is the wolf on again?

Postby Thirdkoopa » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:01 am UTC

Lataro wrote:
Thirdkoopa wrote:And finally, on Lataro's explanation, I respect that but vig targets are still something you should allow to discuss. In the end, you do hold the gun but allowing people to discuss can gather more information, especially as flips happen.

Nice opinion on vig's. Mine's different.

Very clearly stated at the start in fact as different. Very clearly stated that it has always been what it is in every game I've been in, regardless of any alignment or role I personally have. I never said people can't discuss it, just that I will completely and utterly ignore all suggestions when I made any decisions, for reasons very clearly spelled out. Anti town have opinions on who a vig should kill. They tend to try and steer a vig to help them. Town usually is passive and fractured on who to kill. The anti town blow someone's name up in "informal votes" and the vig kills town stupidly doing the bidding of the mafia because they were too weak to make a call themselves and listened to the "majority".

Feel free to play a vig your own way when you are one, this is mine, and absolutely nothing will change my view on it.

Good opinion, then again, it's all about the Town you have. Sometimes I've had games with just an all lurking Mafia but on the other hand the Town is active as all hell.

Though, based on a few people who did use a "Hey I'm Vig and Mafia Roleblocker is dead" strategy in short, most of the town was VERY undecided on who to kill. I can't blame you regarding this, since this is at least sounding more explained than originally.

roband wrote:Ah crap. Normal game head keeps slipping on. Sorry for that.

If I could find the WW, I wouldn't be RBing him, I'd be voting him!

YOUR ROLE CAN FIND THE WW.

USE IT.

Ibarra: My problem isn't just that. You see, Vote: Town/Possible Scumbuddy, FoS: Scumbuddy is a usual tactic since you didn't push on that. You had a FoS and found him scummy, yes, but a FoS doesn't pull much unless there's actual substance on it. It's just like how I could vote anyone right now and be like "Hey I'm not scummy guys"

Current probable scum picks: A-Wan, Ibarra, and probably Mpolo. I have less than usual considering there's less scum overall and as I pointed out (as unfortunate as it is) an SK can act however he/she wants. I have a slight suspicion on BF (And BF is most probably (unless Roband is scum and did the kill) not WW, so has to be Mafia if Scum) and we're probably better off lynching since if Lataro really is Town and BF is scum that plan pretty much goes to shit.

Mpolo I haven't seen much of, but nothing that reads Town. Ibarra is more-or-less the same, as any scum can write long posts, really. A-Wan... I don't know. I was feeling Town on this earlier, but lately (especially with pinning down Roband and Lataro together; I could buy it, but it's kind-of hard to) wants to more suggest a lynch on almost... anyone.

Not voting yet since we have plenty of time. I'd like to see what else I can squeeze out of this time (by trying to actually... post more actively)
Thirdkoopa

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:07 am UTC

Posting from phone so I'll be brief.

I still highly doubt Roband is mafia because the mafia would want me to save GoP.

@roband: my original plan was to switch you and Lataro thereby hopefully saving you and myself. I may still do that, but my ability is only useful if its unpredictable so a may try something else tonight. No matter what happens though you should probably not RB me because a) if I die then you can't be confirmed that your not mafia executioner and b) RBing someone else is like a WW investigation. Also c) if you hit the WW you live and probably secure a victory for town.

I can see wanting to be robbed because he knows he is town and if he's not a threat to the WW then the WW might hit scum.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby Lorenz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:39 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I still highly doubt Roband is mafia because the mafia would want me to save GoP.

Even though you could have saved GoP, you could have also redirected a scum kill towards scum. It is a valid point you are making, but I wouldn't go as far as saying scum wanted you to use your power.
Lorenz

Postby Lorenz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:48 am UTC

Thirdkoopa wrote:Current probable scum picks: A-Wan, Ibarra, and probably Mpolo. I have less than usual considering there's less scum overall and as I pointed out (as unfortunate as it is) an SK can act however he/she wants. I have a slight suspicion on BF (And BF is most probably (unless Roband is scum and did the kill) not WW, so has to be Mafia if Scum) and we're probably better off lynching since if Lataro really is Town and BF is scum that plan pretty much goes to shit.

We're better of lynching BF? Or just lynching in general?

Thirdkoopa wrote:Mpolo I haven't seen much of, but nothing that reads Town. Ibarra is more-or-less the same, as any scum can write long posts, really. A-Wan... I don't know. I was feeling Town on this earlier, but lately (especially with pinning down Roband and Lataro together; I could buy it, but it's kind-of hard to) wants to more suggest a lynch on almost... anyone.

a-wan wants to suggest a lynch on almost anyone? Sorry, I'm not understanding some of your points. Blame English not being my first language, me being tired, or something else.
Does this mean that you would side with an a-wan vote, if it comes down to a-wan and Lataro? Also, are you ok with those votes? You said a-wan was pinging you town earlier, and you didn't say Lataro was pinging you scum. So, would you rather have a third voting option?
Lorenz

Postby roband » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I can see wanting to be robbed because he knows he is town and if he's not a threat to the WW then the WW might hit scum.

Exactly.

thirdkoopa wrote:YOUR ROLE CAN FIND THE WW.

USE IT.

err, how? Sure, I can roleblock randomly and hope to hit someone, but I'd rather we had a way of investigating who it was, to then act on it.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 am UTC

roband wrote:err, how? Sure, I can roleblock randomly and hope to hit someone, but I'd rather we had a way of investigating who it was, to then act on it.
Are you really that dense? If you RB someone and no WW kill happens then they are the WW. It is even better then an investigation, it tests if they are the WW AND stops the kill. You are the only WW investigator left alive.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby roband » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:11 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
roband wrote:err, how? Sure, I can roleblock randomly and hope to hit someone, but I'd rather we had a way of investigating who it was, to then act on it.
Are you really that dense? If you RB someone and no WW kill happens then they are the WW. It is even better then an investigation, it tests if they are the WW AND stops the kill. You are the only WW investigator left alive.

Guh, no shit. But it also potentially roleblocks useful town powers!

If you were thinking of that from a town point of view at any point, you would have realised that.

Not that I need to say it, but that's a massive FOS.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby a-wan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:07 pm UTC

roband wrote:But it also potentially roleblocks useful town powers!

What could be more useful than positively identifying the WW and stopping the WW kill? Go through the list and tell me which town power is more useful than that. Right now there are 9 people. Of them, one will be lynched, one is you, and one has already been confirmed not WW, so at worst you have a 1 in 6 chance of hitting WW.

Thirdkoopa wrote: A-Wan... I don't know. I was feeling Town on this earlier, but lately (especially with pinning down Roband and Lataro together; I could buy it, but it's kind-of hard to) wants to more suggest a lynch on almost... anyone.

Who have I cast suspicion on besides you, roband, Lataro, and Ibarra? At this point there are three scum left. And you wanted me to elaborate more on why I thought you were WW. Here:

a-wan wrote:Thirdkoopa seems linked to no one at the moment, so I guess he's really getting into his role. This makes him less likely to be mafia but more likely to be WW.

a-wan wrote:Since we're basically at the deadline, I thought I'd point out that there are three people who haven't voted: Mieulium, weiyaoli, and Thirdkoopa. weiyaoli has stated a preference for a lynch but explained they weren't going to hammer. Both Thirdkoopa and Mieulium have been on at some point during the last few hours but haven't posted. In Mieulium's case, this may just be because it seems like she won't be able to prevent the lynch and has given up. In Thirdkoopa's case, however, it just seems like they're trying to avoid notice. Thirdkoopa was already at the top of my WW list, but as of now, I no longer think I have next to nothing to go on.

After you failed to vote, the only thing we had gotten from you was a very short post saying that you were busy and would post later. That's why I said this:

a-wan wrote:Thirdkoopa has done nothing to convince me he is not scum, so I'm eager to see what he has to post. He's still my number one candidate for WW.[/b]

If it makes you feel any better, your next post after this was rather substantive, so you dropped towards neutral in my mind. I'm not going to say that you are particularly towny, but a substantive post took away my chief complaint against you.

BoomFrog wrote:I still highly doubt Roband is mafia because the mafia would want me to save GoP.

Unless, as I still believe, roband and Lataro are mafia. They were working hard to paint you as mafia. To play along with that, they would have chosen roband to RB you, which you could confirm. Lataro then claims his night action, knowing that the WW would likely want you dead anyway and would let it go and that no one else could prevent you from dying by poison. With both roband and Lataro having claims that everyone trusts, neither of them could be the mafia killer, so less suspicion is cast on them. I think most of us were surprised by Misnomer's answer to your first question. In fact, I was so convinced that everyone thought I was too towny on day 1 that I thought scum would kill me off, so I was (obviously) more willing to believe that mpolo had prevented the mafia kill. GoP delivering the kill makes more sense now.

Again, since I believe Lataro and roband are mafia, I'd vote for either one. Killing either one is as good as killing WW tonight. If Lataro is lynched then they lose the poison kill and roband has to give up his RB to use the mafia kill. If roband is lynched then Lataro has to choose between using his poison kill, which can't be blocked by mpolo, or using the mafia kill which can be blocked but he could use it on anyone. Either way, lynching one of them would prevent an extra kill tonight. I think lynching Lataro is slightly more useful though.

And Lataro, I'll save you the time:

a-wan wrote:Lynch one of those guys so I can NK the other one and me and my scumbuddy can still be alive tomorrow.
a-wan

Postby roband » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:27 pm UTC

a-wan wrote:Lynch one of those guys so I can NK the other one and me and my scumbuddy can still be alive tomorrow.

Actually, I was lining up to say that this time...

I seriously hope my feelings are right here, because if the scum are just the quiet ones letting us all argue this game will be ruined.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Thirdkoopa » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:00 pm UTC

a-wan wrote:Who have I cast suspicion on besides you, roband, Lataro, and Ibarra? At this point there are three scum left.

a-wan wrote:Mafia:
Lataro
roband

WW:
Thirdkoopa
Ibarra
Weiyaoli
Lorenz

...yeah.

And unless I'm missing something, why can't Mpolo be a wolf?

Lorenz wrote:We're better of lynching BF? Or just lynching in general?

In general. I rather wrote that badly. On BF however I'm saying if we have enough people who would actually believe he's Mafia, I'd be willing to vote since in the Night Action order, BF could just kill off Lataro with chances having no opposition.

a-wan wants to suggest a lynch on almost anyone? Sorry, I'm not understanding some of your points. Blame English not being my first language, me being tired, or something else.
Does this mean that you would side with an a-wan vote, if it comes down to a-wan and Lataro? Also, are you ok with those votes? You said a-wan was pinging you town earlier, and you didn't say Lataro was pinging you scum. So, would you rather have a third voting option?

A-Wan, yes, I'd side with the vote at the moment. I do need some more time to think. Lataro... Less so.

There would be others I'd be willing to lynch or at least get more out of. (Well that and I feel they're scum) Ibarra and Mpolo are partially on my scumreads as well. I'm throwing out a damned vote soon.

Though I do have two questions:
BF if Lataro lives through the day, what do you plan on instead?
Everyone: Lataro and A-Wan are governor pardoned, who do you lynch? I see most people voting on one of the wagons.
Thirdkoopa

Postby a-wan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:52 pm UTC

Thirdkoopa wrote:And unless I'm missing something, why can't Mpolo be a wolf?

I had decided that mpolo wasn't WW when I believed that mafia had targeted me and I was saved by mpolo. Seems like if mpolo is the wolf, he doesn't try to save anyone. At this point, though, I no longer have a reason to rule him out, so I guess he's back on.

There's really not much to go on as far as WW, so that list represents anyone that I had not ruled out. I've only ever made specific arguments about Lataro, roband, and Ibarra being mafia, and I've only ever made specific arguments that roband, you, or Ibarra were the WW. I've only grown more and more convinced about Lataro and roband, so Ibarra has dropped off of the mafia list for me. WW is still wide open, but if one of the mafia is the poisoner, then killing mafia today is every bit as urgent as killing WW, and I feel it is more certain.

Thirdkoopa wrote:Everyone: Lataro and A-Wan are governor pardoned, who do you lynch? I see most people voting on one of the wagons.

roband. That forces Lataro to choose between using his poison or using the mafia kill. If he uses poison, he'll be forced to try to persuade people that the mafia kill was again blocked somehow. If he uses the mafia kill, he'll have to explain why he didn't poison BF.

Now that I think about it, lynching roband might be the better option. If roband uses the mafia kill tonight instead of RB no one would be able to confirm that roband RBed them and he would obviously be mafia, so he'll use the RB instead and claim that his RB stopped the mafia kill, so letting roband live would allow for extra confusion. On the other hand, lynching Lataro either prevents an extra town death or confirms roband as definitely scum.
a-wan

Postby a-wan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:57 pm UTC

Let me amend that.

On D1 I did cast suspicion on mieulium and weiyaoli for seeming to follow Lataro. I admit I was looking everywhere for scum with what little information I could get. Turns out, I should have realized that teammates wouldn't have been that obvious.
a-wan

Postby a-wan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:59 pm UTC

Turns out I may have to amend that last post as well, since there may be a certain amount of obvious in roband's and Lataro's links.

I have gone through and made a history of the links between Lataro and roband throughout the thread, along with some scummy inclinations I noticed. I wrote about posts as I read them, so this is in post order.

Right out of the gate, Lataro votes to try to get someone lynched based purely on role. He says my role, which can only be used to kill one time, and then only if I'm dead, is too dangerous. Truth is, I always thought his role was the most dangerous.

roband's first post describes how each power could help or hurt town, but he does his best to minimize the dangers of Lataro's power, even though his is the only public power with the chance of getting multiple kills without him dying.

roband publicly encourages Lataro to use his power every night.

roband tries to point the doctor at GoP, which would help make sure their kill went through if mpolo did this. Obviously, he didn't think this one through, but he didn't need to. Directing the doc at someone helps mafia.

roband wrote:I don't like any role which can weaken town. VF's is the worst, Lorenz is a close second, followed by me and you (meaning BF), I guess.

Notice he didn't mention Lataro at all. Does any one else think the poisoner should have been mentioned on the list of dangerous roles? And why is Lorenz's role so dangerous, all he does is make people vanilla. If he uses it on people who can kill town, he's helpful. If he uses it on doc, watcher, or tracker, then we lynch him. How is that dangerous?

Lorenz finally called him on this and he tries to minimize the danger of Lataro's role by saying it wasn't instant (though of course, it's more instant than a power that can't be used until you get killed, but he doesn't mention this). Also, for reasons not mentioned in the post, roband got a "townie vibe" from Lataro.

mpolo jokingly accused roband of being WW, to which roband reacted somewhat mildly, saying that he's happy to be investigated but it would be a waste of time. Lataro followed with:

Lataro wrote:A waste of time because you are the WW and plan to kill him? I think I found another slip! :lol:

When I read this through the first time, I thought Lataro was doing some honest scum hunting here. In fact, Lataro's comment was the first comment that made me actually suspect that roband was the WW. But I missed the smilie. Turns out, if I had read it correctly I would have seen that he was actually trying to diffuse the suspicion of roband but making it a joke. roband being scum was a funny thought and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Next up was the first roband/BF scuffle where BF voted roband because it seemed like roband was just looking for ways to paint other people as scummy. This is where roband's "suspicion" of BF began and it is basically OMGUS.

Of the fight, Lataro says that he's feeling good about BF, but roband is trickier. He says that roband is more likely WW than mafia because he hasn't linked to anyone (except that roband had already defended Lataro as townie at this point). This is a safe bit of distancing because he's trying to get people to not think of roband as mafia and Lataro still had not given up on a Narissa lynch, not to mention the cloud of suspicion that was forming around slbub.

GoP started to post a review of the players and began with Lataro. He calls Lataro "pretty townie" and "unlikely to be scum, but a possible WW". He seems to be following Lataro's lead here, in that GoP says that a scum mate (this time Lataro) is not likely mafia but possibly a WW. Again, accusing people of WW is safe distancing. There's less evidence for WW than for mafia.

roband acted confused when I said he had linked with Lataro, meaning he definitely did not want to be seen as linked to Lataro, even though he had called Lataro townie.

roband's reaction to my going back and forth on whether roband was WW caused BF to vote for him and weiyaoli jumped in a little as well. roband became defensive and the dust up didn't settle until Lataro jumped to his defense, calling roband a puppy that likes to chase cars. Since it seems that a number of people are suspicious of roband at this point, Lataro decides that BF, who he had been feeling good about, must be scummy and goes on the attack against him. Not only that, weiyaoli, who had jumped into the fray, was also likely to be scum, according to Lataro. See the pattern? roband can do anything and he's not scummy because he's a puppy, but anyone that attacks roband (BF and weiyaoli) are scummy.

BF starts to back down because Lataro intimidated him. Then BF commits the cardinal sin of suggesting that Lataro might not be townie, which is what drew Lataro's wrath (and vote) and his wrath toward BF has not cooled since.

BF poses a good question to Lataro, asking why Lataro thought Lorenz was the most townie person but Lataro didn't find roband suspicious for voting for him. Lataro's reason was basically that BF's suspicion of Lataro makes BF more scummy than roband, so roband cannot be scum.

By this point, votes had started to pile up on mieulium, which was roband's cue to defend someone who he knew was not mafia. Solid scum strategy.

After N1, Lataro is quick to point out that roband couldn't be mafia because mafia wouldn't have RBed the bus driver with the number one WW target as their teammate, so he began building the alibi early. I'm not sure if they had planned it this way, or if that was an unintended consequence of roband deciding to RB BF because it goes along with him being suspicious of BF.

roband, shortly thereafter, goes out of his way to say that both he and Lataro are less likely to be scum. I am now convinced that they had dumped the mafia kill off on GoP, thinking that he would be killed so it wouldn't hurt them if he was tracked, and roband and Lataro would both be able to establish an alibi.

roband then tries to paint BF as the WW, even though he unwittingly confirmed through his RB that BF was not WW.

I then voted Lataro based on the fact that BF could not be WW and because BF had made statements that lead me to believe BF could not be mafia. This (suspecting or voting for Lataro), of course, is the cardinal sin that one must never commit, so Lataro has now locked his vote in on me.

The rest is recent history with hilights being roband saying that he thought that Ibarra and BF were teammates (nice!), roband saying that I was mafia and that BF and mpolo were my teammates (making a total of 4 mafia!), and roband asking for Lorenz to take his power away. Lataro's recent hilights are basically just placing the first two people to vote for him (BF and the me) together on a team and insisting that we're mafia.

roband has always called Lataro townie. Even when he suggested that it was possible that Lataro could be scum, he always followed it up with the fact that he thinks Lataro is leaning townie.

Lataro did some distancing from roband at the beginning when his main focus was elsewhere, but when it started to matter, he strongly defended roband and has ever since.

Sorry for the text wall.
a-wan

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:10 am UTC

By the way I'd like to point out to everyone: If Lataro really thought I was scum he would have pointed out that the RB probably stopped the Mafia kill and that's why there was no kill. The fact that he hasn't bothered to point out this "obvious" evidence against me shows that he's not really scum hunting just trying to paint a target.

a-wan wrote:After N1, Lataro is quick to point out that roband couldn't be mafia because mafia wouldn't have RBed the bus driver with the number one WW target as their teammate, so he began building the alibi early. I'm not sure if they had planned it this way, or if that was an unintended consequence of roband deciding to RB BF because it goes along with him being suspicious of BF.
I had forgotten that Lataro emphasized this point first. Still, for Roband to be mafia he must have thought it more likely that I would deflect their kill onto a mafioso then that I would save GoP. Still seems really unlikely. Roband could have RBed A-wan and not raised an eyebrow.

However...
roband wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:

If you were thinking of that from a town point of view at any point, you would have realised that.

If you really think I am scum and that scum will kill Lataro to prevent the poisoning then you could lynch me and RB A-wan. It would test to see if he was WW and it wouldn't block any town powers, and if he was Mafia (and I was too) then it would block the Mafia kill. Look at the power useage list, Otto happens before either kill so even the WW cannot stop you from blocking A-wan. From your supposed point of view it's a perfect plan. You've really just pushed it too far, I can't believe that your thinking about these things from a townie point of view. I think you are the WW. Also it would make a ton of sense for the WW to RB me since I was the only one who could save GoP.

Thirdkoopa wrote:Though I do have two questions:
Everyone: Lataro and A-Wan are governor pardoned, who do you lynch? I see most people voting on one of the wagons.
My answer now is Roband. It's not as confident as my suspicion of Lataro though so I won't be moving my vote. For the last mafia I am having a lot of trouble deciding,

Carter the Medic - mpolo - Possible, has been out for RL issues
Jeremy the Recluse - Thirdkoopa - Unlikely, as he would have been the one to execute the kill N1 and I doubt he would target A-wan.
Narisssa the Flirt -vikingfan a-wan - Unlikely because he seems very townie in his scum hunting
Otto the Party Animal - roband - See above probably WW
Lois the Stalker - weiyaoli - Possible, although I think Scum-wei would not have admitted to targeting A-wan. I think it was a bad choice, but I think scum would have made a better lie then that. Slight townie
Harry the Private Detective - Ibarra - Possible but has done some ok scum hunting, but pretty minimal. Pretty neutral
Tony the Thief - Lorenz - Has seemingly done some good scum hunting, although his actual actions have turned out quite badly. Lead the lynch on Mieulium and is trying to deflect attention away from the Lataro vs BoomFrog debate. He is the only person who seems to think Lataro and I are both town. He is third on my scum list however, I don't want to lynch him because he can prove his innocence tonight by stealing from someone. If I'm poisoned and he steals then he can't be mafia. If he doesn't steal from someone tonight I'd strongly consider lynching him tomorrow depending on other circumstances.
BoomFrog

Postby Lataro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:28 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:By the way I'd like to point out to everyone: If Lataro really thought I was scum he would have pointed out that the RB probably stopped the Mafia kill and that's why there was no kill. The fact that he hasn't bothered to point out this "obvious" evidence against me shows that he's not really scum hunting just trying to paint a target.

a-wan wrote:After N1, Lataro is quick to point out that roband couldn't be mafia because mafia wouldn't have RBed the bus driver with the number one WW target as their teammate, so he began building the alibi early. I'm not sure if they had planned it this way, or if that was an unintended consequence of roband deciding to RB BF because it goes along with him being suspicious of BF.
I had forgotten that Lataro emphasized this point first. Still, for Roband to be mafia he must have thought it more likely that I would deflect their kill onto a mafioso then that I would save GoP. Still seems really unlikely. Roband could have RBed A-wan and not raised an eyebrow.

However...
roband wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:

If you really think I am scum and that scum will kill Lataro to prevent the poisoning then you could lynch me and RB A-wan. It would test to see if he was WW and it wouldn't block any town powers, and if he was Mafia (and I was too) then it would block the Mafia kill. Look at the power useage list, Otto happens before either kill so even the WW cannot stop you from blocking A-wan. From your supposed point of view it's a perfect plan. You've really just pushed it too far, I can't believe that your thinking about these things from a townie point of view. I think you are the WW. Also it would make a ton of sense for the WW to RB me since I was the only one who could save GoP.

Thirdkoopa wrote:Though I do have two questions:
My answer now is Roband. It's not as confident as my suspicion of Lataro though so I won't be moving my vote. For the last mafia I am having a lot of trouble deciding,

Carter the Medic - mpolo - Possible, has been out for RL issues
Jeremy the Recluse - Thirdkoopa - Unlikely, as he would have been the one to execute the kill N1 and I doubt he would target A-wan.
Narisssa the Flirt -vikingfan a-wan - Unlikely because he seems very townie in his scum hunting
Otto the Party Animal - roband - See above probably WW
Lois the Stalker - weiyaoli - Possible, although I think Scum-wei would not have admitted to targeting A-wan. I think it was a bad choice, but I think scum would have made a better lie then that. Slight townie
Harry the Private Detective - Ibarra - Possible but has done some ok scum hunting, but pretty minimal. Pretty neutral
Tony the Thief - Lorenz - Has seemingly done some good scum hunting, although his actual actions have turned out quite badly. Lead the lynch on Mieulium and is trying to deflect attention away from the Lataro vs BoomFrog debate. He is the only person who seems to think Lataro and I are both town. He is third on my scum list however, I don't want to lynch him because he can prove his innocence tonight by stealing from someone. If I'm poisoned and he steals then he can't be mafia. If he doesn't steal from someone tonight I'd strongly consider lynching him tomorrow depending on other circumstances.

lataro wrote:GoP or BF to carry it out gets interesting. Either way you slice it, GoP was going to but got killed, or BF was going to, but roband decided to block him at the last instant, we'll never know. If I had to make a gut call, I'd say BF had submitted an action to bus GoP and roband, lorenz, or myself, the former two due to their powers, and me due to it being pretty clear I was going to target him from how D1 ended. He got RB'ed though, it fubar'ed the whole deal, he made up a fake claim for targets that sounded townie enough (Protect the doc? really? not knowing GoP was scum, it was pretty much spelled out that BF was GoP's only chance, and that there was near zero percent chance the WW wouldn't kill him N1.) since GoP had come back scum, he didn't want to make it look like he had been trying to save a scum buddy and have the linkage down the line.

reading comp FTW?

Last post for me, I made my position as clear as it will be in my previous where I said it was time for people who haven't voted to vote.

Lynch me, lynch a-wan, my care-o-meter doesn't show any noticeable change depending on how it goes. Just stop all the BS restating shit that has been said over and over and rehashed and rehashed trying to shout your opinion out over and over in different ways of saying it and decide the day already, it's getting quite boring.

See-ya D3, or not at all, I don't really care anymore at this point.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Postby Lorenz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:39 am UTC

Fine...

Unvote
Vote: Lataro
Lorenz

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 am UTC

Lataro wrote:reading comp FTW?
Ahh, I'd forgotten that. My mistake then. Although did you really have to quote my entire post? Anyway, on with the voting I agree, it's hard to see how anyone who's been participating hasn't formed an opinion yet.
BoomFrog

Postby roband » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:14 am UTC

a-wan, if required I will go through that massive post of yours where me and Lataro have been 'linked' explaining each point.

However, I really can't be arsed.

I will pick this line out, however:
a-wan wrote:mpolo jokingly accused roband of being WW, to which roband reacted somewhat mildly, saying that he's happy to be investigated but it would be a waste of time. Lataro followed with:

Lataro wrote:A waste of time because you are the WW and plan to kill him? I think I found another slip! :lol:

When I read this through the first time, I thought Lataro was doing some honest scum hunting here. In fact, Lataro's comment was the first comment that made me actually suspect that roband was the WW. But I missed the smilie. Turns out, if I had read it correctly I would have seen that he was actually trying to diffuse the suspicion of roband but making it a joke. roband being scum was a funny thought and shouldn't be taken seriously.

A smiley? Dude :D That is effin' hilarious. Sure sure, it makes your wall of text (which I didn't read the second half of, tbh) look EVEN BIGGER, and OFFICIALLY MORE OFFICIAL, but most of your points are bullcrap.

In reply to the "who if not Lataro and a-wan" question, I'd be voting boomfrog.
Excusing him? mpolo. He's been getting a lot of protection from other players, none of which is all that deserved. He's inactive, could easily be scum or WW sitting back and laughing (I know he gave a reason, but if he's actually a baddie, he'll enjoy coming back to read us all arguing like idiots), and he didn't necessarily save anyone on N1.

But to be honest, those protecting him make him seem like a good target, as opposed to anything he's actually done (apart from the not posting - dude c'mon ;) )
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby a-wan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:49 pm UTC

Since mpolo won't be back until Sunday, and we've had a complaint about no new content, let's try this:

Lataro, if you're town, why are you not more suspicious of roband? Has nothing he's done seemed at all suspicious? Are you as confident that he is town as you are that you are town? If you had to choose between a Lataro lynch and a roband lynch, which would you choose? I know you've been insisting that BF is scum and I am scum for suspecting you, so you couldn't possibly vote for anyone but us (or just me, actually, since you're going to poison BF tonight), but if lynching me doesn't end up being possible, would you lynch roband? What I'm proposing is, if you switch your vote to roband, I will too. If roband turns out to be town tomorrow, I think I've put any credibility I have in this game on a Lataro-roband mafia team and I don't think there's anything I could do to prevent everyone from lynching me.

I know that you'll just insist that I'm mafia and that I'll end up NKing you tonight, but we'd still have both BF and mpolo alive. They can't both be mafia if you think I am, so you have a fair chance of making it through the night. You can prove you're not mafia by poisoning BF and we can all see whether or not I've been right about roband and we can decide what to do with me tomorrow based on that.

If you're right and BF and I are scum, then mpolo can prove he's not mafia by protecting you. I wouldn't be able to do anything about it of course, and if BF bus drives you then the mafia kill and the doctor end up on the same person anyways. I'm sure WW wants the extra kill as well, so he would have little motivation to prevent you from poisoning BF. After all, if roband flips town and BF flips mafia, there's no pressure for a WW lynch tomorrow since I would very obviously be mafia and everyone would just lynch me.

If mpolo happens to be mafia, then either I'm not mafia or BF is not mafia (or neither is, of course). If BF is town, then I'm sure he can see the merit in having a town poisoner confirmed town (I'm pretty sure no one suspects you of WW) and he can bus drive you safely away from the mafia kill.

So, Lataro, would you be willing to switch your vote to roband?
a-wan

Postby roband » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:03 pm UTC

So you have your vote on Lataro and when I didn't vote for him you think you'll try to get him to vote for me?

Whatever man.

There's enough players left so that when me or Lataro flip town, you will be insta-lynched for being scum. The only thing is - WW is going to walk this game.
Especially without my power active in the game.

I'm the only way the WW can be stopped - unless we get lucky and lynch him.

But yeah, lynch me guys. Then lynch a-wan. Good luck on finding the WW, this game is way too easy for the WW to win.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby roband » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:30 pm UTC

I'mma be offline for probably most of the weekend, popping back in to deal with the game I'm modding only briefly.

If you're gonna lynch me, have the decency for me to get back before you do? Ta.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Ibarra » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:56 am UTC

roband wrote:I'm the only way the WW can be stopped - unless we get lucky and lynch him.

But yeah, lynch me guys. Then lynch a-wan. Good luck on finding the WW, this game is way too easy for the WW to win.

Why the sudden reverse psychology threat defense?
We can't lynch you, because aside from being "town", you're the only way we have a chance to stop a WW kill?
This along with the numerous WW role failures is now making you look extra suspicious.

Earlier I had voted Lataro as it seemed to be a close race against him and a-wan, and I found a-wan more townier.
It looks like though that roband could also be a late candidate for a lynch. Plus, he just topped my list.

Unvote
Vote: roband
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
Ibarra

Postby Lorenz » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:59 am UTC

I have not ready ANYTHING since my last post, except for Ibarra's vote.

Unvote
Vote: Roband

I shall read now.
Lorenz

Postby Lorenz » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:04 am UTC

Seems like a-wan is coming to accept he may be wrong. I like a-wan more now.

Roband is the scummiest, for continuous bad logic, role misinterpretation, trying to heavily side with Lataro, and what could be considered a bad use of his N1 power.

*High fives Ibarra*
Lorenz

Postby a-wan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:33 am UTC

As I said earlier, I believe a roband lynch is as effective as a Lataro lynch. The fact that Lataro had the chance to post and didn't shows that he doesn't believe that BF and I are mafia. If he did, my proposal would have had me and BF dead by lynch tomorrow. I guess he could still take me up on it.

Unvote
a-wan

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:06 am UTC

Fine, he's my second from the top anyway. This brings it to L-1 right?

Lorenz make sure you steal from someone who you expect to be alive to confirm it tomorrow. Thirdkoopa do not lower your shield, that way anyone can test if your mafia by trying (and failing) to target you.

Unvote
Vote Roband
BoomFrog

Postby roband » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:59 am UTC

Ahhh awesome.

Seriously, you're giving the game to the WW, he can WALK this game now. I reckon I know who it is as well.

Lataro, you're gonna wanna kill BoomFrog tonight, trust me.
a-wan, keep up the aggression, it was a good distancer, but you can't stop otherwise people will realise.
Tonight, mpolo, don't kill, then claim to have doctored a-wan. That way you MUST have doctored him and stopped the kill! :o Instant townie ;) thank me later
And everyone else, keep the post count low, hide in the shadows and, well, even I yap on little in some cases so I'll shut up now.
Really should shutup now and let you lynch me.
Oh Lorenz, keep up the good work yeah.

Laaaaaters. And I kinda wanna wish town good luck, because you need it, but I do want to see the WW win to prove how broken this setup is.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Lorenz » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:50 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Thirdkoopa do not lower your shield, that way anyone can test if your mafia by trying (and failing) to target you.

This is problematic, as people who use their powers don't know if they were effective.

Would Thirdkoopa know if I or roband targeted them, even if his shield is up?
Lorenz

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:14 am UTC

Oh, hmm I did make an assumption.
If a player targets Thirdkoopa and their power fails are they informed that their power failed.
BoomFrog

Postby Misnomer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:16 am UTC

Lorenz wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Would Thirdkoopa know if I or roband targeted them, even if his shield is up?

They would only be informed if the action was succesful.
BoomFrog wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:If a player targets Thirdkoopa and their power fails are they informed that their power failed.

It depends. If the player would normally recieve a response, (for example, a cop result), then they will be informed their power failed. Otherwise, they will not be informed.

Votals:

a-wan (3): Lataro, weiyaoli, roband
roband (4): ibarra, Lorenz, a-wan, BoomFrog

Deadline in just under 8 hours
Misnomer

Postby mpolo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:25 am UTC

Well, I'm back, and have skimmed through three pages of text (congratulations on staying active, by the way).

And my opinions flip-flopped three or four times in the course of that reading.

I am still reading Lataro in a townie light. I still don't trust BoomFrog, but am willing to try to let Lataro take care of him.

a-wan has awakened a little suspicion, but it is not near enough to vote on.

Lorenz has seemed the most level-headed in the arguments.

roband I want to trust, just because of his power, I guess. But the last exchange seemed almost like giving up and admitting guilt.

weiyaoli I don't have much of a read about.

I think Ibarra is town.

So, I will

and hope for the best. I will try to be back on to possibly revise the vote before deadline, but that might not work out.
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby Thirdkoopa » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:37 am UTC

>Possibly revise the vote before deadline
>Hammering

lol, what.

I'd talk more but hell I'm tired. I have a lot of revamped reads from this pending on what Roband flips so I'll save most of this tomorrow.
Thirdkoopa

Postby mpolo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:03 am UTC

Oops. That's what I get for skimming.
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby Misnomer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 pm UTC

That's the hammer guys.

As the sun rose high into the sky above Xkcdia, the townsfolk found themselves pondering many questions. Just who could strike first at night? Which actions would affect other actions? And how many questions could they ask before the mod finally snapped and went on a vengeful killing spree?

The townsfolk studied hard and soon found the answers to their questions, but the path in front of them was still unclear.

'We should lynch Narissa!', one group cried.

'No! We should lynch Ethel!'

'Narissa!'

'Ethel!'

The situation quickly descended into a brawl, as the villagers each sought to make their view heard. Gathering momentum, the mob tumbled into the town square, and crashed into the old wishing-well. Narissa wobbled slightly. Ethel had to cling to the stone structure for dear life. And Otto went tumbling over the edge and fell to his death.

After a suitable pause, the townsfolk shrugged their shoulders and went home. But were they wise to be so complacent?

roband has been lynched. It is now Night 2 - please send in actions ASAP
Misnomer

Postby Lataro » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:48 pm UTC

WTB Day.

Lataro

Re: [S] Smalltown Mafia: Still No Shootings

Postby Misnomer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:50 pm UTC

Gordon jumped with fright as a piercing howl ripped through the night. There was something so unnatural, so haunting about the sound... he shuddered at the very thought of the creature who made it. Soon he would have to head back out there...

But not yet. For now, he was still on a break. Shutting out all thoughts of the nights perils, he turned up the volume on his tv and took another sip of his tea. It was strange, he thought, just how bitter this tea tasted. Yesterday's had also tasted off, now he thought about it. Perhaps there was something wrong with it?

Had his mind been clearer, he would of course have realised exactly why his tea was tasting so foul. However, the effects of Ethel's poison were already so well advanced that he simply did not realise his body was slowly shutting down...

The next morning began with the usual search for bodies. They found Gordon quickly enough, and before long they'd also found several parcels of evidence implicating Otto in the mafia conspiracy. But could they expect to find a third mafia corpse?

No, no they couldn't. Although they eventually stumbled upon Tony's wolf-torn body, there was nothing at all about him to suggest that he was anything more than a common criminal. The Mafia were still out there somewhere, and the wolf had developed a taste for townies. Xkcdia's woes were far from over...

Tony the Thief [Lorenz] is now dead. They were a townie. Any players who were targeted by him can now use their powers again.
Gordon the Bus Driver [BoomFrog] is now dead. They were a townie.
Otto the Party Animal [Roband] was part of the mafia.

It is now day 3. Provisional deadline set for 6pm BST Friday 7th October

6 players remaining, 4 votes needed to lynch.
Misnomer

Postby a-wan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:17 am UTC

So BF was town and roband was mafia. Lataro used his poison, and there was no mafia kill. I was going hard against Lataro yesteday, and if he is scum this is what I predicted would happen.

However, I also realized, thanks to an extraordinarily long night, that the best move for mafia would be to withhold the kill and frame Lataro, so we're back to square one.

Lataro obviously doesn't need to claim. Thirdkoopa has absolutely no reason to do anything other claim he kept his power on, and in fact even if he's mafia, he likely did just that. Ibarra and weiyaoli couldn't see the WW attack. The only thing left to know is if the mafia kill was prevented by the doctor. So the only people who need to claim are Ibarra, weiyaoli, and mpolo.

But my bet is that either Lataro is mafia, or the real mafia didn't do anything so we're probably not going to get much out of their claims either. I honestly have no idea where to go from here. I guess Lataro gets to make his defense?
a-wan

Postby Lataro » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:55 am UTC

Huh, fancy that.

Well, I'm pry completely screwed, so, meh, no reason not to put it all out there.

My original D2 plan, after deciding that a-wan needed to be lynched:

1. Get roband to RB BF, on the claim that I was going to kill BF.
2. Not kill BF, since he was pretty much confirmed not WW, and if the mafia made a kill, it would clear him if a-wan came back scum, and if he didn't, it'd be a mess, but it could be sorted out with D3 info.
3. Keep making it very freaking clear BF was going to die.

Obviously, this plan fell though with roband being lynched. At this point, I decided, screw it, kill BF, it's gotta be one of roband or BF after what happened D1 between them.

That's about the sum of it.

I'd have to go back and look D2 over to see if there is any tells with this new info, however, I doubt it'll matter, since I'm sure I'll be lynched here anyway.

Do let me know if I should bother to put the effort in, the rest of you, that is. I see no reason to ask A-wan given his last post it's clear enough.

Lataro

Postby Lorenz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:16 am UTC

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Dies*
Lorenz

Postby Ibarra » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:44 am UTC

I targeted mpolo again the previous night and saw wei visiting him.

Brief thoughts:
I think both a-wan and Lataro are town.
So I think two of Thirdkoopa, wei or mpolo are scum/WW.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
Ibarra

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia