{T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 2

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:15 pm UTC

Ahh, screw it. I was trying to be coy to see people's reactions to see if I could find the second scum, but I am going to bed and I can't take the risk that this game goes belly up while I'm asleep.

I'm Mitilda, a cop (told you it made little sense). I copped Webby last night and he is scum. AS should unvote and we should give everyone a chance to counter claim and then when no one does we should lynch webby.

I am having a hard time decided between AS and Angua as the 2nd scum. I'm pretty sure greenlover is town. I wish i had a better meta read on the two of them.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 2

Postby greenlover » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:25 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I am having a hard time decided between AS and Angua as the 2nd scum.

Er, actually, BF, it shouldn't be that hard for you. Like, at all. See, I'm William from Danny the savior of the world. My power is a roleblock that blocks all aspects of the role (including mafia kills). Last night, I roleblocked Angua. No night kill went through.

Now, lets assume that I, Angua, and you are town. Both me and Angua are out of commission, and your power does nothing to prevent the night kill. Thus, the night kill should have gone through. However, that doesn't match the facts.

Now, lets assume that I, AS, and you are town and Angua carries out the night kill. In that case, my roleblock would have prevented the night kill, which would have ultimately resulted in no night kill going through. That matches the facts.

Now, lets assume that I, AS, and you are town and webby carried out the night kill on someone other than AS. In that case, the night kill should have gone though. However, that doesn't match the facts.

Finally, lets assume that I, AS and you are town and webby carried out the night kill on AS. In that case, the night kill should not have gone though. That matches the facts.

So, ultimately BF, if you think I'm town it follows that AS must be town, because a webby/AS scum team makes no sense given last nights result.

I, however, am not as confident as I was about BF/webby. I think its fair to say one of them is scum, but I'm not sure which one. I am, however, quite confident that Angua is scum. So, here is what I propose: we lynch Angua today, and I roleblock Webby tonight. If no night kill goes through, we lynch webby. If a night kill goes through, we lynch BF. If we lynch webby and he flips town, I roleblock BF during the night, and me and AS lynch him D4. I know I'm relying on AS being town, but at this point that seems like a reasonably safe assumption to make. Does that plan sound good to everyone?
User avatar
greenlover
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 2

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:42 pm UTC

That sounds pretty good, I'd like to hear Angua's claim before making my final decision. A doc a RB and one-shot untargetable (essential commuter) plus a cop does sound like a reasonable town team for a 4 vs 2 game.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 2

Postby webby » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:34 am UTC

Ok, well that makes it easy for me - I was right about the game being that we all have protecting/roleblocking type powers. Boomfrog must have been worried about his scumbuddy being lynched, and thought he had enough townie cred to claim a cop on me. I'm happy with the plan, the only thing that makes me cautious is that if we all have protective/roleblocking powers, scum may well do too.

What's the argument that Angua must be scum? I'm going to vote Boomfrog for now, but obviously willing to change that vote later.

Vote: Boomfrog
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 2

Postby greenlover » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:A doc a RB and one-shot untargetable (essential commuter) plus a cop does sound like a reasonable town team for a 4 vs 2 game.

Angua claimed on day 1 to have a vanilla role. That's hardly a vanilla role. :P

webby wrote:What's the argument that Angua must be scum? I'm going to vote Boomfrog for now, but obviously willing to change that vote later.
Eh, it only works from boomfrog's prospective. From your point of view, I guess its possible that you lucked out and protected the target of the AS/BF mafia. So, its not logically impossible for Angua to be mafia, only logically improbable.

Alright, no one has so far pointed out any gaping logical flaws in my reasoning, so I'm going to go ahead and vote for Angua and go to bed.

Vote: Angua

If Angua is lynched before I wake up, I'm going to go ahead and roleblock webby tonight.
User avatar
greenlover
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 2

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:37 am UTC

Well if Angua were town Webby would vote for her right now, so lets get this over with. If greenlover is town then we win.

Unvote
Vote Angua
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 2

Postby Angua » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:18 am UTC

Guess I"m dead
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Night 2

Postby roband » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:07 am UTC

Angua wrote:Guess I"m dead

Yes, yes you are.

Night actions please. Let's keep it as brief as possible. Thanks.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 3

Postby roband » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:53 pm UTC

It is now Day. And nobody died during the night.

Angua was Miss Spider, James and the Giant Peach, scum.

With 4 alive, you require 3 votes to lynch.
Last edited by roband on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 2

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:53 pm UTC

Vote: webby
The most efficient way to a man's heart goes through his ribcage is reached by stabbing him in the back. Screaming "KALIMA KALIMA"also helps is a bonus.
User avatar
AngrySquirrel
Eats nuts for breakfast...
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:26 am UTC
Location: The Northpole

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 2

Postby greenlover » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:19 pm UTC

Well, this seems pretty straight forward.

Vote: webby
User avatar
greenlover
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 3

Postby webby » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:41 pm UTC

What? I withheld my action because I thought I'd come under suspicion if I prevented the nightkill. Looks like Boomfrog must have withheld his nightkill to put suspicion on me, which with hindsight is the obvious thing to do.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 3

Postby webby » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am UTC

Oh and because I forgot:

Vote: Boomfrog
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 3

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:25 am UTC

I copped GL last night and got no result which is bizarre but still doesn't invalidate my result yesterday. I'm guessing AS has stolen my power or something, but whatever.
Vote Webby

Game over?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Day 3

Postby roband » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:40 am UTC

Webby is lynched.

The game is over. Town win.

Webby was Seagulls from James and the Giant Peach, Scum.


It's 2:40am, I'll answer questions tomorrow. Feel free to discuss stuff you know already amongst yourselves.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

Postby greenlover » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:42 am UTC

Yay town win!

Now, off to the spoilers.
User avatar
greenlover
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

Postby webby » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 am UTC

Yeah I didn't play that game very well - sorry to Angua.

It was over when we were roleblocked and copped night 1 - if either one of those things hadn't happened, I would have liked our chances (in particular if our kill had gone through, at worst we were 50-50 chance of winning even if you knew who both scum were). But I guess we didn't play very well day 1 - it's a shame I didn't really have the time to play the game.

We targeted greenlover night 1 and were hoping to get Boomfrog to think the scumteam were AngrySquirrel and Angua, but with the hope of bringing up Boomfrog and AS's link from day 1 so that we could lynch AS first.

Thanks to roband for running it!
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

Postby Angua » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:55 am UTC

Thanks to roband!

I'd just like to point out that greenlover had it out for me anyway - I never claimed a non-vanilla role, and he said I did as final proof of my guilt! (And was dead before I had a chance to say anything). However, AS was going to vote for me anyway, so I had a feeling I was going to be lynched.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

Postby roband » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:16 am UTC

Hope you all think that went ok. I only did the game because there was no other Turbo on the list - and 6 players is hard to balance.

Boomfrog, you didn't get a cop result last night because your cop power only worked 1/n times, where n is the number of the night.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:29 am UTC

I think you played pretty well Webby, I think your only mistake was not lynching AS. Why didn't you go for it since it was clear she wanted to be targeted at night?

I only copped you based on a gut feeling and being afraid to target AS.

Did scum have powers?

Lastly, good job AS your plan was risky but it worked. But its not really fair to expect your teammates to see through your ruse but expect scum to be fooled.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

Postby greenlover » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:52 am UTC

Angua wrote:Thanks to roband!

I'd just like to point out that greenlover had it out for me anyway - I never claimed a non-vanilla role, and he said I did as final proof of my guilt! (And was dead before I had a chance to say anything).

It wasn't so much that you claimed a non-vanilla role, but that the only way you could have been town was if you were a non-vanilla role.

I still haven't managed to figure out what AS's mindblowing power is for sure. Was it commuter?
User avatar
greenlover
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

Postby AngrySquirrel » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:13 pm UTC

I was the Fantastic Mr. Fox. I hid in tunnels and could therefore not be targeted at night.
The most efficient way to a man's heart goes through his ribcage is reached by stabbing him in the back. Screaming "KALIMA KALIMA"also helps is a bonus.
User avatar
AngrySquirrel
Eats nuts for breakfast...
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:26 am UTC
Location: The Northpole

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

Postby Angua » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:38 pm UTC

greenlover wrote:
Angua wrote:Thanks to roband!

I'd just like to point out that greenlover had it out for me anyway - I never claimed a non-vanilla role, and he said I did as final proof of my guilt! (And was dead before I had a chance to say anything).

It wasn't so much that you claimed a non-vanilla role, but that the only way you could have been town was if you were a non-vanilla role.

I still haven't managed to figure out what AS's mindblowing power is for sure. Was it commuter?
Tracker and watcher were also on the list of vanilla roles.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: {T} Roald Dahl PyP - Town Win

Postby roband » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:24 pm UTC

Webby and Angua had no extra powers other than the nightkill
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Previous

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests