Feedback for my webcomic

Think your art is better or your stick figures worse? Got a link to a site you want to share? Post it here!

Moderators: Jacque, Moderators General, Prelates

Tnoy22

Feedback for my webcomic

Postby Tnoy22 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:40 pm UTC

[link removed]. Yes, I know the artwork is terrible, but I shall not let that stop me. I think I can make copy/paste my thing. Still, I'd like to know what people think of the jokes, since I don't have many readers yet, and the only comments I've been getting are from robots.

Do not circumvent my moderation. – Jacque
Last edited by Tnoy22 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

fuzzycuzzy

Re: Feedback for my webcomic

Postby fuzzycuzzy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:47 am UTC

ehh, ain't half bad

you are doing some things right: you do have a good sense of timing with humor and I like the self-reference a lot

pointers:
in order for the product as a whole to be awesome, each individual part needs to be awesome; the graphics could use a little more awesome

even if you do use stencils that use repeatedly, draw those stencils out really well... and few people want to look at a plain white background

it's a really good idea and a great premise but it needs some fine tuning to look more professional

Tnoy22

Postby Tnoy22 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:48 am UTC

Thanks, I'll take that into account. I'm not sure how much I can do though, because I'm a writer first, and an artist...807th.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:00 am UTC

Since the links were removed, I haven't seen your comic. I do have a small list of comics that focus on the writing, taking various approaches to deal with the art. You probably already know most of these, I'd guess.

Red Meat (may require Javascript). I think the author does the drawings, but they are carefully made and then usually just repeated each frame (sometimes changing subtly or not so subtly).

PartiallyClips basically uses clip art, the same picture for three frames in a row. The writing is amusing enough, especially given the premise, that I keep reading it.

a softer world uses photo manipulation in abstract ways. There's also a bonus mouseover joke on each one.

There are hella more, but these are the ones in my bookmarks that don't feature complicated artwork but are still interesting.
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

Tnoy22

Postby Tnoy22 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:46 pm UTC

This Jacque guy is testy.

Tnoy22

Postby Tnoy22 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:05 am UTC

inspired
by
true
events
.org

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 pm UTC

What do you know, you now have 5 posts... though two of those violated the rules and needed to be moderated, and another is just you complaining about having to follow the rules. But you're just trying so gosh-darned hard to buck the system, it's so cute.

Regardless, you can actually post links now, so I'm not sure why you're intentionally breaking up your url like that.

So, feedback on your comic: The art is terrible, and the writing is trite. Maybe update less frequently if it means you can spend time improving both. I'm sure your audience wouldn't mind having 3 less bad comics a week instead of 5 bad comics.

Tnoy22

Postby Tnoy22 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:20 pm UTC

Noted.

Return to “Your art and links”