Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

I Am Raven

Re: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:01 pm UTC

Thanks. :) For the hugs. And the reading, instead of tl;dr'ing. Can I just hug you back for a while? Right now is fine.
I swear to God, that sounds so depressing. I'm feeling a lot better now. I ran for an hour this morning, through the rain. I thought my legs were on fire, but it felt nice. And this lady from the government called me to tell me stuff about this law suit. See, I'm sueing this guy that stole my bag. I get to sue him for all the costs I had to make because of aforementioned crimed, and I get to do it for free. So she informed me about that, and I'll probably get my money. It's like, 350 euro's or something, quite neat.
I'm rambling. Thanks again. :)
Ptolom wrote:penis

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:40 pm UTC

Well, any good news can brighten your day up pretty well. Good luck with everything.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:44 pm UTC

I feel so out of my depth on technical matters. There are concepts I don't grasp, and even if I study them I don't understand. I'm afraid of looking like a fool at work, but am secretly sure that I am already doing so. Couple that with my laziness, and I really don't enjoy things here at times.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

sockpoppet

Postby sockpoppet » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 am UTC

Confession: I'm a grumpy person who's always in a bad mood, can't take a joke and generally hates other people for being too cheerful.

EDIT: no I'm not, when I get in a good mood I'm sort of a nice guy. That doesn't happen as often as it should though.

maninblack
Location: I'm out of my mind at the moment please leave a message after the beep.

Postby maninblack » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:57 pm UTC

Even here I can't post this one. How I would love to share this with someone.
addams wrote:It was like a game of Rugby and I was the Puck. Yeah. I was taking a beating and I was in the wrong game.
roband wrote:If this is a serious question, the answer is no.
If it's a philosophical one, I have no idea.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:01 pm UTC

maninblack wrote:Even here I can't post this one. How I would love to share this with someone.

Pick someone who seems nice, and PM it. Or someone who's inactive.

Write it in a letter, and mail it with a made up address.

If you decide you want to tell someone, I can seem nice. :)
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:04 pm UTC

Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:42 am UTC

Felltir wrote:
maninblack wrote:If you decide you want to tell someone, I can seem nice. :)

Up to the point where you really believe him! :)

Sosekopp

Postby Sosekopp » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:27 pm UTC

I don't think I have any close friends anymore. There's a lot of people I consider my friends, but none (possibly one) of them close.

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 am UTC

Sosekopp wrote:I don't think I have any close friends anymore. There's a lot of people I consider my friends, but none (possibly one) of them close.

Change 'my friends' to 'acquaintances' and it's pretty much the same for me.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:51 am UTC

The last time I had someone I could call a "close friend" was in high school. I don't have "close friends", anymore. It's kind of sad, I guess.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:17 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:The last time I had someone I could call a "close friend" was in high school. I don't have "close friends", anymore. It's kind of sad, I guess.
You can change that, if you try.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:27 pm UTC

It's not something I worry about. I like being by myself most of the time and I'm social sometimes.

It doesn't feel "normal", though. I'm pretty outgoing and social at work. I have absolutely no problem talking to people and I feel that I get along with almost everyone. But when I go home in the evening, it's like someone flips a switch and I want nothing more than to be away from everyone.

Maybe things will be different when I move.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan

Postby Microscopic cog » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:49 pm UTC

It's not weird to have different moods. It's pretty logical to be outgoing when away and then be tired of all the people who you get home.

On the topic if friends; It's really darn hard to keep them if you don't see them on a regular basis through work/something else. Gotta make an effort but I'm glad that social media and chat systems make this a lot easier. My best friendships are being intact through MSN, where we can chat daily and every weekend or so we do stuff together.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:54 pm UTC

I wish fewer of my problems were self inflicted. Or maybe I just wish I had enough willpower to not be a complete fuck up.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

sockpoppet

Postby sockpoppet » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:50 pm UTC

I don't quite know how to explain it but... When I'm watching videos on Youtube, and I find a video with people in it, it sort of... slightly repulses me. I mean, one of these in which the other person is talking directly at the camera. These videos recorded with the webcam where someone just looks at the camera and talks... I can't watch them. Whenever I see the close-up of someone's face in the thumbnail, I go "Ugh" and click something else.

I never heard of anything like that before, I'm not sure how "strange" that is. But I do have noticed that in the more "social" parts of this forum people tend to have more "human" avatars than in other ones (science, maths...) (though that's just my impression, I might be wrong).

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:04 am UTC

I have a cure for that; search for the user "nuttymadam".

Her insightful views on Stephenie Meyer will make you fall in love with the "Close-Up, Badly-Lit, Unedited, Amateur Vlog", and wish that more people would do it.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:21 pm UTC

I have listened to nothing but Erasure the last hour.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

sockpoppet

Postby sockpoppet » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:59 pm UTC

I was looking for some advice and I thought "Maybe I will find something in this "Dear SB" forum". And I did find. I found out that life is an absolutely fucking depressing piece of shit :cry: . I'm going to read the "Awesome thread" and then watch funny YouTube videos to see if I counteract the effects.

awesome blue!

Postby awesome blue! » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:53 am UTC

I'm scared to death of taking the SAT. I don't know why. The deadline is tomorrow, and I still haven't signed up for it. (There's late registration though.) I'm 21 and what I'm doing now will get me nowhere satisfying in life. I consider myself fairly smart, so why can't I get over this irrational fear?

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:51 pm UTC

I'm scared to put this is Serious Business because I have never before posted anything in SB. And I don't know in what thread it should go. And I'm posting it here because mostly people are nice here.

My life just went from somewhat normal to difficult. I don't have my thoughts straight, so bear with me.
I am living with my sister and her boyfriend. And she just stated that we will be moving out. They are not breaking up. I see why she wants to move out, from her perspective. It isn't about the way he treats her, it's about things he does, that doesn't involve her. Things in and around the house, how he communicates in general. His parents. He isn't a bad person. He's a good person, and I enjoy his company. He's quiet, and somewhat socially awkward, but I really like him. In fact, I have come to love him over the years.
The reason I live with them is because my uni is close to their home and me and my sister have a great relationship. We love each other to bits and stuff, get comfort from each other's company and things. And there is of course the fact that said boyfriend makes quite a decent amount of money, which results in him being able to pay the mortgage for a fairly large house on his own. We were going to move there next week.
I was born and raised in Amsterdam, and love every bit of it. I used to cycle hours through that city, exploring it, getting to know it even better. I went everywhere, love the town, know where to get anything. All of my friends live there, my little brother, my mum and dad too. Moving to Rotterdam was kind of a big decision for me, but it was worth it, because I could live "on my own" (read: not with my parents) but I didn't have to grow up. All I have to do is pay for half the food, which isn't much. And now all of a sudden my sister is moving out, and I don't know what to do.
Should I get a place with her? Should I move back in with my parents? Should I get my own place in Amsterdam with my best friend whom I've known for 14 years of my 18-year life, and come to consider a brother*? Should I ask my sister's boyfriend if I can still live with him? (This may sound weird, but like I said, I've come to love him, and he's nice to live with. I don't know if he'll agree to it though. And there's the feeling that I would "betray" my sister.) And I only just started at uni, the exams are in two weeks, and I really could do without this at the moment.

Today I also realised that I don't really like my courses as much as I thought I did. Half of them are very interesting, but the other half is just a drag, and I am not interested in them at all. I play the violin too (for 13 years now), and am really quite good at it (and very modest about it normally). So I am also considering quitting this education, and doing the conservatory. But I don't know if I really want that either.

I know I should take things one at a time, but everything is coming at me so fast.

HALP!

*yes, he sometimes tells cool stories too. (Comic relief.)

EDIT: I am so tired. I want to sleep. I am not tired. But I want to sleep anyway. I want it to go away. I don't want to grow up.
EDIT2: I am shaking a bit.

(If a moderator is reading this, can you move this to the appropriate thread in SB, of is there isn't one, keep it this way?)

Coding

Postby Coding » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:09 am UTC

awesome blue! wrote:I'm scared to death of taking the SAT. I don't know why. The deadline is tomorrow, and I still haven't signed up for it. (There's late registration though.) I'm 21 and what I'm doing now will get me nowhere satisfying in life. I consider myself fairly smart, so why can't I get over this irrational fear?

Try out a bunch of sample questions! You can even buy whole practice tests.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 am UTC

@I Am Raven: How long do you have to make a decision? My first instinct is that you probably shouldn't keep living with your sisters BF, it would only lead to some very awkward situations if/when thier relationship has any problems. Not saying they will break up, just saying they will have friction and you living with him will make things more difficult probably.

If you've got time, then just take a while to think it through. I just went through a period of bieng forced to make some tough long term choices all at once and it's mentally draining. I didn't want to take on any responsibilities and just wanted to avoid things and play games. But I realized the reason was because I was putting so much energy into proccessing things.

Try making a pro/con list for each choice. Also ask yourself some practicle choices like, can you afford to live with a roommate and pay half the rent+untilities in addition to food.

Also, if you do decide to ask about staying with your sisters BF I would offer to pay partial rent to him if you can afford it. He may refuse, but I'd want to avoid bieng a mooch. If you can't afford it that is a different story. Nothing wrong with getting a little help from friends when your income is low.

Half of them are very interesting, but the other half is just a drag, and I am not interested in them at all.
Bieng very interested in half your courses is already doing better then most. There are some boring courses that you just have to take. Why can't you pursue your courses and keep practicing violen at the same time? I don't know what "doing the conservatory" means though.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:46 am UTC

I have to make a decision as fast as possible, because my sister wants to go looking for a place, and she needs to know if it's for one or two people. And yes, I have considered the awkward business if I were to live with my sister's BF. I want to make the pro-con list, that sounds good. I might do that together with someone though.
And yes, being forced to make tough long term choices all at once is very mentally draining. Part of the reason that I'm so upset, is that I just made long term decisions, and now have to come back on them.

BoomFrog wrote:Being very interested in half your courses is already doing better then most. There are some boring courses that you just have to take. Why can't you pursue your courses and keep practising violin at the same time?

I guess I'm doing al right. But I'm having second thoughts. Probably nothing though. And of course I'm practising my violin at the same time, but "doing the conservatory" means you practice 4-5 hours a day, get lessons in all different kinds of aspects that have to do with music. And all of a sudden, that seems so very wonderful, and a whole lot more interesting than learning how to precisely draw a driveline. I don't know.

I'll go and make that list, and thanks a lot.

Hofstadter'sLaw

Postby Hofstadter'sLaw » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:47 am UTC

awesome blue! wrote:I'm scared to death of taking the SAT. I don't know why. The deadline is tomorrow, and I still haven't signed up for it. (There's late registration though.) I'm 21 and what I'm doing now will get me nowhere satisfying in life. I consider myself fairly smart, so why can't I get over this irrational fear?

When I have to do something that I really don’t want to do (because of fear or nervousness) I think of it this way: I have to do it, and if I don’t do it now, I’m just going to have to do it later. Whether I do it now or do it later, the outcome will be the same. The only difference is that doing it now will save me [insert however many minutes/hours/days] of worry. I’ll just do it now to save myself from suffering/worrying.

And, like Coding said, try sample questions or a practice test. Get an SAT book (I think I used one made by Sparknotes in highschool).

You probably realize this, but maybe you need a reminder?: If you bomb the SAT, you can always retake it. It's not the only thing that colleges look at when evaluating your application.

edit: Also, blue is an awesome color. =]

raike

Postby raike » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:16 am UTC

I can't bring myself to tell my parents that I did poorly in one of my exams. I got really good scores, the top in one of them, in my other classes' midterms, but that one exam... I can't admit it - they called yesterday and asked, 'how was your last exam?', and I immediately said, 'oh, it was fine,' and blurted that I hadn't got the grades back yet, before changing the subject.
I don't think I care about disappointing them. I never have, I've sort of just shrugged, and said 'whatever.' I didn't even react overmuch to my graded exam paper - I looked at it, and slid it away calmly, before sitting back in my chair and listening to the remainder of the lecture. As I walked back to my apartment, I analyzed my study habits for that class, compared them to other classes, and found them relatively comparable - I've been getting perfects on the homework and pop-quizzes. Now, it's two hours past my usual bedtime, and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm not a perfectionist (that particular trait disappeared back in high school), and I know that I can't always get perfects or nearly-perfects (even if I can still try). This time, I think that the realization that I scored below the median was what hit me.
Re-reading this, I think that I sound shallow, slightly arrogant, and like I won't admit that I did something wrong while studying. Oh well. Thank heavens for awesome roommates who are willing to share their hot chocolate and candy stashes.
"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." - H.J. Kaiser
رات دن گردش میں ہیں سات آسماں
ہو رہیگا کچھ نہ کچھ گھبرائیں کیا
(غالب)

awesome blue!

Postby awesome blue! » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:02 pm UTC

Well, I signed up for the SAT, so now I have to do it. In a way, I feel kinda relieved. I'm still a little nervous though, but I have a SAT practice book, so I think I'll be ok. I think signing up for it was the scariest part. And thanks Hofstadter. Blue has always been my favorite color. :)

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:22 am UTC

Confession: There is only one bathroom in our apartment, and sometimes because of this (great excuse right!?) I just pee in the back yard.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:54 pm UTC

Diary of my day:

Wake up, drag myself into the shower, get dressed, drive to work.
7:30-7:45 - go to the bathroom - aka, play with my phone
7:45-7:55 - quick meeting
7:55-8:15 - screw around on the internet
8:15-8:20 - walk around the building checking on stuff
8:20-10:45 - screw around on the internet, rarely answering questions and problems for coworkers
10:45 go home for lunch. Take a nap. Watch old Simpsons episodes. Drink 2 rum and cokes. Smoke some pot.
1:15 - get back from lunch
1:15 - Whenever - count the minutes until I can go home.

Depression sucks.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:30 pm UTC

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... ssion.html
I read Ally's latest, and wanted to cry.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html
I read Ally's latest, and wanted to cry.

Tears are welling up, yes.

Joren

Postby Joren » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:30 pm UTC

Confession:
I like to think we are controlled by aliens. Controlled in the sort of The Sims however more detailed, so they can control my arm movement completely etc. But before they could do that, they would undergo a test. This tests means that for the duration of the test you (the actual living you) are completely yourself. During that time high in space there are some aliens clutched up to a computer. To try and guess your next move in detail. And when they got it wrong, or had it wrong multipe of times they will be expelled until 1 alien was remaining, and he would be the one to control you, but since he is trained at controlling you, you don't notice the difference. This though however made me somtimes (most often during the dishes) Make me do rare movement do catch them off guard. For example during the dishes I'm washing in order, and I'm working on the plates, then I would reach for a plate and then suddenly grab a cup and wash it off. However I always said that the test was until you were 18. And became mature. When I turned 18 I just moved that thought away, and that I was to complicated and they would need a longer time with me.

I don't really do it that often these days, but it's fun. I fancy doing or saying odd things at any given time. :D

Also I can't stop laughing when people are truly mad at me, how hard I may try.

ginadagny

Postby ginadagny » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:55 am UTC

No matter how hard I try to identify with my culture, no matter how hard I defend my heritage, I feel pushed away from my own community. Why? Because my skin is too light.

Fuckin' balls.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:18 am UTC

Joren wrote:Confession:
I like to think we are controlled by aliens. Controlled in the sort of The Sims however more detailed, so they can control my arm movement completely etc. But before they could do that, they would undergo a test. This tests means that for the duration of the test you (the actual living you) are completely yourself. During that time high in space there are some aliens clutched up to a computer. To try and guess your next move in detail. And when they got it wrong, or had it wrong multipe of times they will be expelled until 1 alien was remaining, and he would be the one to control you, but since he is trained at controlling you, you don't notice the difference. This though however made me somtimes (most often during the dishes) Make me do rare movement do catch them off guard. For example during the dishes I'm washing in order, and I'm working on the plates, then I would reach for a plate and then suddenly grab a cup and wash it off. However I always said that the test was until you were 18. And became mature. When I turned 18 I just moved that thought away, and that I was to complicated and they would need a longer time with me.

I don't really do it that often these days, but it's fun. I fancy doing or saying odd things at any given time. :D

I used to do almost EXACTLY the same thing, but the aliens were angels, and controlling was somewhat different too. But yeah, I "fancy doing or saying odd things at any given time" too.

Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana

Postby Gordon » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:27 am UTC

Confession: Every time I log into this here fora I make at least one post just to see my signature. And I chuckle.
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

eev

Postby eev » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:47 am UTC

I spend last night on a pro-ana/thinspiration blog to feel better about my body. I always feel much too skinny and people comment on it lots, and added to this the rising popularity of a curvy figure and the shunning of thinness makes me feel horrible, so it felt good to actually having all of these comments exclaiming how good it feels to be skinny, and how good bones look. I am not anorexic, or planning to become one. I just wanted to actually have nice comments about figures like my own for one.
I think I am planning to visit that blog again in the future.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:53 pm UTC

Gordon wrote:Confession: Every time I log into this here fora I make at least one post just to see my signature. And I chuckle.
Miss you Banana man. :)

awesome blue!

Postby awesome blue! » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:23 pm UTC

I took the SAT yesterday. I'm sure I didn't do very well on the math section, (I've always had trouble with math.) but I feel like I did great on everything else. Now comes the waiting for the scores...

emceng

Postby emceng » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:05 pm UTC

I am a bad person. I did something bad because of my own desires, and while it might not have immediate consequences, or any for me, I still feel bad.

Amie

Postby Amie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:47 pm UTC

emceng wrote:I am a bad person. I did something bad because of my own desires, and while it might not have immediate consequences, or any for me, I still feel bad.

I don't know what you did but if you're feeling bad about what you did and if you realize you made a mistake, you're not a bad person. *hugs* if you need them
Summer is miles and miles away, and no one would ask me to stay.
And I, should contemplate this change... to ease the pain.
And I, should step out of the rain... turn away.

Return to “General”