Mulanfia: Game Over - Huns/Lyncher Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Mulanfia Day 3: It's Quiet...

Postby Chandani » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:28 am UTC

:shock:
WTH is happening?
Listen, I don't have time to post anything serious right now, and I'm seriously confused. I really don't understand the bandwagon on BoomFrog, but I don't want myself to die either.
Silknor wrote:Yes webby, I haven't received any PMs from Lorenz. He lied. But I think it was a good lie, and I think he's townie. My guess is he's some investigative role.
And why the heck is this being addressed to webby? It could be some secret message I'm not getting... I don't see a post where webby asks Silknor about this.

Anyway, I'll post something more tomorrow night. Sorry about the posting issue, but RL and stuff.
Chandani

Postby Silknor » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:39 am UTC

I don't see any reason to change my vote/ready status now that everyone has posted.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding
Silknor

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:52 pm UTC

Fine I can see where this is going to end up.

unvote
Vote Boomfrog
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 pm UTC

That's hammer.

The soldiers’ vocal arguments rose high into the still air as the sun beat down mercilessly upon them.

BoomFrog, however, was sweating due to more than just the heat.

As the others closed in on him, he pleaded with them to see reason, but to no avail. Seeing their implacable gaze fixed on him, he finally decided that he would go out on his own terms, drawing a dagger and taking his own life.

Shaken by his decision and fatigued by the sweltering heat, the others agreed to call it an early day, retiring to the shade of their tents to get some rest.

Day 3 Final Votals:

BoomFrog: 4 (BoomFrog, Lorenz, Silknor, webby)
Chadani: 1 (mpolo)

BoomFrog has been lynched. His role will be revealed in the morning.

It is now Night 3. Please send your actions in promptly. Night will end at 7pm GMT (noon PST) on Saturday, October 29.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
DaBigCheez

Re: Mulanfia Night 3: ...Too Quiet

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:00 pm UTC

“Tsseeeeerrrr!”

Mulan ran frantically through the trees, ducking through the undergrowth to reach a relatively sheltered spot. She wiped the blood from her eyes as the circling falcon came around for another pass, her exhaustion and the numerous cuts on her face a testament to its tenacity.
What is WITH this bird...

She ducked aside as it came screeching through the trees, but not quite fast enough, earning another cut for her trouble. However, she recognized this place - this was where BoomFrog had taken himself down yesterday. But in the growing light of dawn, she saw something that had been forgotten at the time: nobody had taken his bow.

BoomFrog is dead. He was Shan-Yu’s Lieutenant (Watcher), Huns.

She hurriedly snatched up his bow and quiver, running now not to get deeper into the trees, but to get out of them - she needed to line up a clear shot. She dodged another pass from the falcon - [/i]how had its screeching not woken people up?! - and sprinted for clear ground. Her muscles screamed in agony, but she dared not stop -

- there! The edge of the forest! She broke clear of the trees and nocked an arrow to the fallen Hun’s bow, spinning in place to search for that accursed bird.
Come on, where is it... As she warily glanced back and forth, backing up slowly, her attention towards the sky distracted her from more prosaic matters, not noticing the cliff edge towards which she was slowly backing...

“Tsseeeeeeeeerr!”

Silhouetted against the rising sun, the falcon folded its wings into a power dive, plunging towards Mulan at breakneck speeds.

The arrow rose to meet it even faster.

The bird tumbled to the ground with a graceless thud, its corpse rolling along the ground before coming to rest, wings broken, body awkwardly propped up by the arrow protruding from its chest.

mpolo is dead. He was Hayabusa (Roleblocker), Huns.

Mulan let out a deep sigh of relief, letting the bow drop to the ground. She wiped the blood from her eyes once more as she turned to head back to the camp.

Her vision cleared just in time to see the dark-cloaked figure hurtling towards her - but not in time to do anything about it. She was sent tumbling over the cliff, her scream hoarse and despairing as she fell, for the brief few seconds until her body was dashed and broken against the rocks at the bottom.

Silknor is dead. He was Mulan (Jack Of All Trades), Chinese Army.

As the soldiers awoke and surveyed the night’s carnage, murmurs of worry and fear filled the camp. Only three of the twelve who’d appointed themselves to bring down the Huns remained - would their successes of the past day be enough, or was China doomed to fall?

It is now Day Three. Deadline set for Tuesday, November 1st at 7:00pm GMT (noon PST) - 72 hours from now.

Three players alive. Two to lynch.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
DaBigCheez

Postby Lorenz » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:48 pm UTC

I knew you couldn't take care of her! I have no idea what the elders were thinking, sending you as Mulan's prtector. You are a disgrace to all of what china represents, and you shall never bring honor to the sacred protectors.

Vote: Webby

Chandani wrote:And why the heck is this being addressed to webby? It could be some secret message I'm not getting... I don't see a post where webby asks Silknor about this.

Anyway, I'll post something more tomorrow night. Sorry about the posting issue, but RL and stuff.

It's quite simple actually. I realized yesterday that I wasn't the only one sending secret messages to Mulan, as Silknor addressed a message I hadn't sent. I was hoping someone would counterclaim my mushu claim, but nobody did, so things got a little tougher... So I sent a message to Silknor, as if I was the other person messaging him, saying we should lynch me (Lorenz), because there was no way two people claiming the same role could both be town.
Silknor answered as if that message was sent by webby. Jackpot. Webby must die.

I am the one who should have really been protecting Mulan... But that untrained lizard thought it would be wise to destroy me. But NO, I won't die so easily, and I shall restore the faith in the protectors, by killing of that impostor Mushu.
I, the Great Stone Dragon, will live to save the next hero, one that will eventually overthrow the now inevitable rise of the Huns.
Lorenz

Re: Mulanfia Day 4: The Final Hour

Postby webby » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:18 pm UTC

Well there are either two Mushus or Lorenz is scum. I'm going to go with the latter because Boomfrog seemed very keen to lynch Chandani, because I honestly can't see how Lorenz would think I was scum after yesterday and because he's voted for me and scum Chandani can hammer me otherwise.

Vote: Lorenz

I'm Mushu, I've been able to talk to Mulan (Silknor) since the start of the game. I half-won because Mulan got nightkilled, I get the second half-win if the faction that killed her (I assume the Huns) is eliminated.

I'm starting to think Lorenz might have some weird independent role. But why would he be able to talk to Mulan too?
webby

Postby Chandani » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:39 am UTC

Well... this is the stone dragon, straight from the movie. It means that it's not a made up character. Its very minor role helps support the idea that it's mod-assigned, too.

The fact that webby didn't counterclaim right away (or at least the day after Lorenz made his claim) makes it seem like scum taking advantage of a situation. And why the heck would Mushu get a half-win for Mulan's death? Isn't he trying to protect her?

Vote: webby
Chandani

Postby Aaeriele » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:58 am UTC

Votals:

webby: 2 (Chandani, Lorenz)
Lorenz: 1 (webby)

webby has been lynched.

With webby's lynch, the game is over. Results and flavor will be posted soon.
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!
Aaeriele

Postby DaBigCheez » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:55 am UTC

Mushu backed off slowly, bewildered as the soldiers closed in on him, drawing their weapons. “Hey man, what you doin’? I ain’t done nothin’, man!”

Nobody else spoke a word, only the howling of the returning wind breaking the silence.

Mushu continued backing off, fear in his eyes. “Nuh-uh! You’ll never take me alive!” He took a deep breath...

“I didn’t plan to.”

As Mushu sent forth a great jet of flame, Shan-Yu leapt towards him, dealing a fearsome blow with his great sword. The force of the strike sent Mushu reeling, sending his fire wide, the flames washing not over the charging Hun but the tents of the Chinese Army. The cloth, dried out by the prior day’s heat, caught fire instantly, the fires roaring high as the wounded Mushu fled into the undergrowth.

“Oh man, the Ancestors are gonna kill me...!”

”Mushu. You dishonor the family.”

“Who...Stoney?

...Uh oh...”

“Your charade is at an end, false Guardian. You have done enough damage; you will do no more.”

A huge stone claw descended, and Mushu fell silent at last as the life was crushed from his body.

webby is dead. He was Mushu (Guardian, Vigilante), Chinese Army. He receives a half-win for ensuring Silknor was not lynched, but does not receive a full win for ensuring her survival to the end of the game.

With webby’s death, all town players have been eliminated.

The Great Stone Dragon, his task complete, turned to face Shan-Yu. The two stared one another down fearlessly, gazes locked together as muscles tensed and claws flexed. Shan-Yu grinned and readied his sword as ashes soared high into the sky, the inferno of the camp framing his wiry hair as the soldiers ran about in panic.

But this was not the Great Stone Dragon’s purpose.

He turned and jumped from the cliff edge where Mulan had fallen, kicking up a great cloud of dust as he landed. Tenderly, he bent to scoop up her body, casting not a backwards glance as he set off to return home. The will of the ancestors was that Mulan be returned home - and so she would.

The Huns had triumphed, and all China was in peril. But he was not the guardian of all China - he was the guardian of the Fa family. He would do his appointed duty.

Lorenz was the Great Stone Dragon (Lyncher), Independent. He receives a full win for successfully lynching Mushu.

Shan-Yu grinned as he surveyed the camp - tents in flames, chaos, panic everywhere.

“The Emperor is an arrogant fool. His wall has been bypassed, his armies lie in ruins, his final reserves destroyed from within, right under his nose. Now, only the Imperial City remains, and he will be well and truly defeated. The old fool’s time is over - China belongs to the Huns now.”

Shan-Yu bent to wipe his sword on the grass and strode off towards the Imperial City, leaving his fallen lieutenant and his trusty falcon behind. Useful tools they had been, but they were no longer needed. He was superior, and he would lay the Emperor low.

Chandani was Shan-Yu (Tough), Huns. She receives a full win for eliminating all town players.

mpolo and BoomFrog also receive full wins for the elimination of all town players.

Modnotes and Commentary (Google Docs)

Game Over - thanks for playing, we had a lot of fun modding it! Please feel free to check out the commentary, role PMs, etc., both to see what was going on and to examine some of the delicious popcorn we were having :3

DaBigCheez

Re: Mulanfia: Game Over - Huns/Lyncher Win!

Postby Silknor » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:41 am UTC

Interesting game, and I love the Google Docs approach to modding, I'll have to remember that.

The funny thing was I didn't trust webby for a long time. I couldn't rule out that he was a scum/indep who could send messages to me (and of course, it turned out I was half right about that!). On top of that, it was a while into Day 1 before I knew that he knew my name, which really made it look like he might be a scum with the ability to message Mulan, in order to trick her into revealing who she was.

After Lorenz saved me, I actually trusted him more than webby, since he put a lot more on the line for me than webby had (the breadcrumbs while talking about me). I figured he was a town rolecop (scum rolecop was less likely) and spend most of day 3 trying to get Webby and Lorenz to trust each other since I felt that the other 3 were the likely scum team (unfortunate that I considered Webby might be an indep but not Lorenz!).
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding
Silknor

Postby webby » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:56 am UTC

Yes, it was unfortunate that I wasn't around at the end of day 2, but I don't think it was a lack of trust from Silknor to me that cost us the game. I definitely should have told Silknor who I was going to kill before I did it though - that was bad play by me. It was a good game though, I liked the setup. Well played Lorenz and scum!

Oh and with the tie at deadline rule - I think I'm going to use it in my game, with the exception that if the two players have all the votes in the game (eg if it's 3-3 and there are 6 players left, it's a no lynch. I think that should get around the problems with it?
webby

Postby Aaeriele » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:12 am UTC

webby wrote:Oh and with the tie at deadline rule - I think I'm going to use it in my game, with the exception that if the two players have all the votes in the game (eg if it's 3-3 and there are 6 players left, it's a no lynch. I think that should get around the problems with it?

No-lynch has its own problems - namely, that it strongly favors scum. I thought up a couple of different tiebreaker mechanics that DBC and I might use in future games, though:

At the beginning of day 1, and randomly generated priority list is publicly posted. In the case of a tie, the lowest player on that list is the one lynched. Then, on each subsequent day, either...

(a) a new randomly generated list is posted, or
(b) the list is updated to reflect the order in which people cast their final votes on the previous day, with earlier votes leading to a higher spot on the list.

The first option is straightforward enough - it's essentially random tiebreaker lynch, but without the unpredictability of the usual random lynch.
The second option is designed to encourage voting early (which is what this game's tiebreaker mechanic was also designed to do) without having quite as much of an impact on the game (since the effect is delayed to the next day, rather than directly impacting the current day's lynch).
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!
Aaeriele

Postby webby » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:39 am UTC

I think if scum control half the votes in the game they probably deserve to win, while if town have more players, but can't reach consensus after everyone has voted, they should be penalised for this. In my opinion, the only problem with no lynch ties is that players get scared to vote close to deadline if they're in danger of tying the vote and the method used in this game works well in preventing this. I will keep your 30 minute deadline extension provision for a vote that changes the lynchee.

I don't like lynches being decided at random. The list at the start of the game thing isn't really fair, because you're disadvantaging some players and scum is likely to kill off the players at the top of the list, giving scum the advantage in ties. I think b) is a reasonable idea.

Thanks for running the game, it had interesting dynamics.
webby

Postby Aaeriele » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:47 am UTC

webby wrote:I think if scum control half the votes in the game they probably deserve to win

Not necessarily true. (For instance, it was quite possible for scum to control half the votes in this game and not win.)
Furthermore, a tie does not necessarily mean half the votes - if there are 7 players, and 3 vote for A, 3 for B, and 1 for C, that's still a tie.
Expecting there to be a consensus by the end of the day isn't really realistic, especially on earlier days when town have no idea who to trust.

webby wrote:The list at the start of the game thing isn't really fair, because you're disadvantaging some players and scum is likely to kill off the players at the top of the list, giving scum the advantage in ties.

That's why the list changes each day in (a) - there's no real way for scum to "kill off the players at the top" because they can't predict who will be at the top of the list when the day starts.

Aaeriele

Postby webby » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:07 am UTC

I misinterpreted (a), that also seems like a decent method.

Yeah at 3-3-1 the player who had three votes on them the longest would be lynched, because there's the opportunity for the 7th player to switch their vote - I'm thinking about how to avoid the situation that happened on day 3 where the players that come online first get to lynch a player despite not having the majority of the votes.

I think it's in keeping with the philosophy of the game that a bloc containing half the players should be able to stop a lynch - lynches are meant to be decided by majority vote, with deadlines only coming into play because you can't wait indefinitely to get a majority. But that's just a difference of opinion over how the game should be played.
webby

Postby mpolo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:38 am UTC

Thanks for the game!

And I didn't even need the deadline extension that I asked for for the last night/day cycle.

I think we didn't think to ask for extensions when there were inconvenient deadlines just because it was a Turbo, which means strict deadlines... Time zones had too much effect on this game, especially with the tie-breaker rule. When BoomFrog got lynched, I was actually on before everyone else and could have placed the first vote, but BF and Chandani both got there far too late to make that work. I was thinking of voting webby, which might have attracted Lorenz to side with us, so I probably should have done it. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking about the possibility of one of them being a lyncher.

This was quite a fun game.
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby Lataro » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:00 pm UTC

I like the lynch idea in a general sense, the only issue is the same as has been pointed out here. If it's 3 scum/3 town left, there is no incentive for scum to not just speed vote and get a lynch though. They have no reason to not be out in the open about it, and really, the only difference here is that instead of a NL being possible, it almost assures a town lynch, giving scum an extra kill in effect, since the town will have no reason to trust anyone enough, or act quickly enough, to lynch someone else before scum has voted.

In a situation where there are say, 10 players, and it ties down at 2/2 or 3/3, I like it, since a NL in this situation is likely to hurt town more, and I absolutely hate random.org deciding lynches. I'll pry start adapting this rule in future games, with the exception that if every living player has voted and it's a tie, it'll be a NL.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:33 pm UTC

Woo! First win ever as scum. I agree with Webby philosophically. A situation where scum control half the votes should lead to a no lynch. Any candidate that you could reach a majority on must have scum agreeing to they lynch. So for example the situation we had D3 should lead to Chandani and Mpolo having a decision between two options. Hammer me to try and look town. Or vote no lynch because from their view one of the supporters of the BF lynch must be scum.

Speaking of, I can't read Google docs eight now because I let my old vpn expire. Is it convenient to copy paste the mod notes to a spoiler in thread?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby Aaeriele » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:13 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Speaking of, I can't read Google docs eight now because I let my old vpn expire. Is it convenient to copy paste the mod notes to a spoiler in thread?

No, considering that (a) there are multiple documents, and (b) one of those documents is a spreadsheet.

BoomFrog wrote:A situation where scum control half the votes should lead to a no lynch. Any candidate that you could reach a majority on must have scum agreeing to they lynch. So for example the situation we had D3 should lead to Chandani and Mpolo having a decision between two options. Hammer me to try and look town. Or vote no lynch because from their view one of the supporters of the BF lynch must be scum.

If scum control half the votes and the game isn't over already, then it's because the mod(s) designed the game to still function when town no longer have a majority - in which case, no-lynch generally heavily favors scum, which is usually not the mods' intent.

Aaeriele

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:44 am UTC

Indeed it does come down to mod intent. As long as the mod know the effects of the rule they are using and intends those effects it should be all good. So instead of saying which rule is best, we should just hammer out what the effects of each rule would be and mods can pick the rule that suits them.

Aaeriele wrote:(a) a new randomly generated list is posted,
In the case of this game on D3 the result would have been that whoever was randomly on the bottom of the list would be lynched.

If the last person on the list was non-mafia then the mafia would all three eventually find a reason to vote them (or another townie). It doesn't matter how blatant the mafia has to be, if they enter N4 with 3 mafia and two non-mafia the game is essentially won unless town is crazy overpowered.

If the last person on the list was mafia then eventually the logic that, if they were town, mafia would lynch them and win would lead town to realize that person must be mafia. Thus either way lasty is lynched, so it's basically giving more power to random.org, not less.

Aaeriele wrote:(b) the list is updated to reflect the order in which people cast their final votes on the previous day, with earlier votes leading to a higher spot on the list.
Lasty is still usually lynched on a tie-day, which means at what is traditionally LyLo (1 more town then scum) it is imperative for all players to vote early so they will not be lasty on D3. Timezones will still be a factor but have a delayed effect. Additionally once people have all voted then no one will want to change their vote, thus leading to a very hurried and low discussion day.

If I was a mod, both of those scenarios would be undesirable outcomes.
BoomFrog

Postby Aaeriele » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:56 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Lasty is still usually lynched on a tie-day, which means at what is traditionally LyLo (1 more town then scum) it is imperative for all players to vote early so they will not be lasty on D3. Timezones will still be a factor but have a delayed effect. Additionally once people have all voted then no one will want to change their vote, thus leading to a very hurried and low discussion day.

This assumes that a townie would be lynched at LyLo, which is not necessarily the case - and thus there's a trade-off between voting early and voting accurately.

Look, really what it comes down to is that in a 3-3 scenario, there's no "good" way to resolve it. Pretty much anything you choose is going to favor scum to some extent or another, it's simply a matter of how much (specifically, how much the scum have to reveal themselves to force a lynch on who they want, or to force a no-lynch if that's an option). The various tiebreaker rules mentioned above aren't designed to make it so that scum can't force things (because that's a given), it's to make it so that there's more of a trade-off involved.

P.S. Any game that doesn't just end when there are 2 town and 3 mafia left, probably has "overpowered" town, or a poorly thought-out game end condition. There's a lot of harping going on about 3-3 endings because that's what happened to occur here, but in reality they're not that common - the fact that not a single scum died in the first 3 days of this game, and 3 townies died during the first day/night cycle, was a fairly anomalous case.

Aaeriele

Postby Deva » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:17 am UTC

Copied, pasted, and reapplied tags and some formatting. Replaced font resizing with other measures. Could not fit the last document in this post. See the next one.

Roles:
Spoiler:
TOWN
Cri-Kee (Doctor) – Angua
“You are one lucky bug.”

http://i.imgur.com/Mgh0p.jpg

You are Cri-Kee, the Lucky Cricket (Doctor).
Alignment: Chinese Army (Town)
Win Condition: Eliminate all anti-town factions, or ensure such elimination is inevitable.

Everyone seems to believe you’re a lucky cricket, that you bring good fortune, that you help avoid disaster. If you’re so lucky, how’d you end up here? You’re not even sure how you got roped into this, but there’s nothing for it now but to try and make it out alive. Who knows, perhaps that luck everyone seems to think follows you around will finally show its face...

Each night, you may PM the mods the name of a player you wish to protect. Your protection will prevent a kill attempt against that player. You may not target yourself with this ability.

Captain Li Shang (Cop) – AngrySquirrel
“Heed my every order, and you might survive!”

http://i.imgur.com/Evnka.jpg

You are Captain Li Shang (Cop).
Win Condition: Eliminate all anti-town factions, or ensure such elimination is inevitable.

How could this happen? Sure, your men are raw recruits, but to be infiltrated by the Huns within your own borders? And to not have them immediately found out? It’s crazy, but it’s what you have to work with. At least you’ve got enough experience to tell your loyal soldiers from the Huns, given enough time to watch...

Each night, you may PM the mods the name of a player you wish to investigate. You will be told whether that player is a member of the Huns.

Fa Mulan (Jack of All Trades) – Silknor

“You said you’d trust Ping. Why is Mulan any different?”

http://i.imgur.com/cxM8B.jpg

You are Fa Mulan (Jack of All Trades).

War has come to China. And you knew what would come next. When the recruiter came around and called for your father, you knew that with his age and his old wound, he would not survive. So you did what you had to - and how here you are, disguised as a man, amongst a huge group actively searching for those in disguise.

Wonderful.

You’re clever, though. You’ve got a few tricks up your sleeve. And the sooner this scrutiny gets over with and you can get down to the business of defeating the Huns, the better.

Each night, you may perform one of the following actions. Each action may only be performed once per game.
-Cop: PM the mods the name of a player you wish to investigate. You will be told whether that player is a member of the Huns.
-Doctor: PM the mods the name of a player you wish to protect. Your protection will prevent a kill attempt against that player. You may not target yourself with this ability.
-Vigilante: PM the mods the name of a player you wish to kill. You will kill that player during the night. You may not use this ability on Night 1.
-Roleblock: PM the mods the name of a player you wish to roleblock. That player’s active abilities will be blocked for this night. Passive abilities will remain in effect.

Che Fu (Bus Driver) – Lataro

“The General may be your father, but I am the Emperor’s counsel.”

http://i.imgur.com/25w7u.gif

You are Che Fu (Bus Driver).

Bumbling oafs. They allow the Huns to infiltrate them so easily? Here, so near the Imperial City? Preposterous! Clearly, they are in need of your expert counsel. With your brains, this issue should be cleared up in no time.

Of course, their obvious ineptitude at the watch means you must lend your guiding hand. A couple quick corrections to the watch rotation and sleeping arrangements, and you’re sure to surprise the Huns.

Each night, you may PM the mods the names of two players. Any abilities activated on one of those players will be redirected to the other, and vice versa. You may not target yourself with this ability.

Chien Po (One-Shot Roleblocker) - Gopher of Pern

“Relax, and chant with me.”

http://i.imgur.com/JmUoi.gif

You are Chien Po (One-Shot Roleblocker).

Oh, my. So much excitement...certainly, this is serious, but panicking and scurrying around is no way to deal with it. Some serenity will be a great help in this troubling business.

During the night, you may PM me the name of a player to calm their anger, roleblocking them. That player’s active abilities will be blocked for that night. Passive abilities will remain in effect. This ability may only be used once.

Mushu (Guardian, Vigilante) – webby

“Who am I? Who am I?! I am the guardian of lost souls! I am the powerful, the pleasurable, the indestructible Mushu!”

http://i.imgur.com/Su1zz.gif

You are Mushu (Guardian, Vigilante).
Win Condition: Mulan survives to game end. If Mulan is lynched, you lose. If Mulan is nightkilled, you receive a half-win.

Oh man, the Ancestors are gonna kill you! That crazy girl goes off to war and dishonors the family six ways to Sunday, you couldn’t wake up the Great Stone Dragon (and you might have broken him), and NOW everyone’s looking for someone in the army camp in disguise!

She’s got no chance on her own...you’ve gotta help her. After all, you’re a Guardian, right? Right? Yeah, that’s right! Well, you were at one point, anyway. And that’s close enough, right? Sure is, especially when you can breathe fire! Ah-ha!

And who knows? With your fantastic advice backing her up, maybe she’ll be able to bring the family some honor yet. Just so long as she lives through this...

Each night, you may PM the mods the name of a player you wish to kill. You will kill that player during the night.

Mulan is Silknor. You have the ability to send anonymous messages to Mulan during the day only. To do this, send the mods a PM with the subject line “Whisper to Mulan”. The exact text of your message will be sent to Mulan. Mulan will not be able to respond to these messages.

Your messages to Mulan may not contain a cipher able to produce unlimited variation in coded messages. (For example, a list of codewords is fine - a hashing algorithm or letter-substitution cipher is not.)

MOD NOTES: This win condition may change over the course of the game, according to the following rules:
- IF MULAN IS KILLED: Mushu is responsible for avenging her death. The specifics of this depend on whose action caused Mulan to be killed.
- IF MULAN IS LYNCHED: Mushu gains a half-win if all players who voted for Mulan are killed.
- If Mushu succeeds in this goal and the game is not over, he gains an additional half-win with town.
- IF MULAN IS KILLED BY SCUM: Mushu gains a half-win with town. (Vengeance!)
- IF MULAN IS KILLED BY MUSHU OR MULAN: Mushu gains a half-win as a Serial Killer. (No witnesses to this dishonor!)

INDEPENDENTS/SPECIAL
Great Stone Dragon (Lyncher) – Lorenz

“Awaken the Great Stone Dragon!”

http://i.imgur.com/LVA1o.jpg

You are the Great Stone Dragon (Lyncher).
Alignment: Independent
Win Condition: Participate in the lynching of Mushu.

Mushu.

That...incompetent...FOOL.

The Ancestors entrusted YOU with guarding Mulan; he was but to awaken you. Has he been asleep so long as to have dulled his mind? When he rang his gong, and struck down your statue, was he truly so foolish as to think that you were destroyed?

Or did he simply think he had a chance to grab glory for himself?

It matters not. Right now, he’s out there guiding Mulan into peril, bringing dishonor to the family, possibly resulting in the destruction of the Chinese Army itself. This will not stand. You will strike down the inept coward, and take your rightful place as Mulan’s guardian.

And perhaps you can stop her from being led astray by his terrible, terrible advice.

You win if Mushu is lynched and you have a vote cast for him when he is lynched. You get a half-win if Mushu is killed by any other means.

Mulan is Silknor. You have the ability to send anonymous messages to Mulan during the day only. To do this, send the mods a PM with the subject line “Whisper to Mulan”. The exact text of your message will be sent to Mulan. Mulan will not be able to respond to these messages.

Your messages to Mulan may not contain a cipher able to produce unlimited variation in coded messages. (For example, a list of codewords is fine - a hashing algorithm or letter-substitution cipher is not.)

You have no other special powers.

MOD NOTES: This win condition may change over the course of the game, according to the following rules:
- IF MUSHU IS KILLED: The Great Stone Dragon inherits Mushu’s win condition chain. Meeting these win conditions will result in bonus wins. Note that GSD’s total lack of any kill powers will make bonus wins rather unlikely - he’ll have to lynch his way to the top.

SCUM
Shan-Yu (Tough) – Chandani

“I tire of your arrogance, old man. Bow to me!”

http://i.imgur.com/SLuCs.gif

You are Shan-Yu (Leader of the Huns).
Alignment: Huns (Scum)
Win Condition: Eliminate all town players, or ensure such elimination is inevitable.

The Emperor is as foolish as he is weak.

You have bypassed his wall, smashed his armies, defeated every defense he’s placed against you. Only this contingent of raw recruits stands between you and the Imperial City. You could crush them easily with your armies...but you have no need to.

The Emperor shall realize how powerless he is against you. You shall cut down his armies from within, as they scramble helplessly to stop you. None shall be able to deny your might.

The Huns have come to China.

Your fellow Huns are your trusty Lieutenant (BoomFrog), and your loyal falcon Hayabusa (mpolo). Your Lieutenant has the ability to Watch a player during the night, seeing who visits them, and does not have to visit the target to carry out a kill. Hayabusa has the ability to roleblock a player during the night.

You may communicate with your fellow Huns privately during the night. Please CC the mods on all PMs. You may not communicate privately during the day.

As the leader of the Huns, you will be the player to send in your faction’s kill order at night. Hayabusa is second in line, and will inherit the kill decision if you are slain. Your Lieutenant will inherit the kill decision if both you and Hayabusa are slain. When sending in a kill order, please specify who will be carrying out the kill, and who the target is. Mechanically, this will grant that player a kill power for the duration of the night, and they will then use it on the target.

Your toughness is legendary. You are immune to the first thing that would otherwise kill you. You are notified when this ability is used up.

Lieutenant (Watcher) – BoomFrog

“How many men does it take to deliver a message?”
“One.”

http://i.imgur.com/v9vRk.jpg

[/b]You are Shan-Yu’s Lieutenant (Watcher).
Win Condition: Eliminate all town players, or ensure such elimination is inevitable.[/b]

You’re not certain whether this is a good idea. Would it not, after all, be simpler to simply crush these untrained fools with the full might of the Hun army, rather than engage in this disguise and deception? Toying with them has its own entertainment value, of course...and far be it from you to question the wisdom of your leader. He is not known for his ability to take criticism.

No, you’ll do it his way; you’ll take them down from within. And with your keen eyes and expert bowmanship, they shall fall before they even know what hit them.

Your fellow Huns are your leader Shan-Yu (Chandani), and his loyal falcon Hayabusa (mpolo). Shan-Yu is immune to the first thing that would otherwise kill him. Hayabusa has the ability to roleblock a player during the night.

You may communicate with your fellow Huns privately during the night. Please CC the mods on all PMs. You may not communicate privately during the day.

As the leader of the Huns, Shan-Yu will be the player to send in your faction’s kill order at night. Hayabusa is second in line, and will inherit the kill decision if he is slain. You will inherit the kill decision if both Shan-Yu and Hayabusa are slain. When sending in a kill order, please specify who will be carrying out the kill, and who the target is. Mechanically, this will grant that player a kill power for the duration of the night, and they will then use it on the target.

Each night, you may PM the mods the name of a player you wish to watch. You will be given the name of a player who visited the target that night. If no players visited the target, no result will be returned. If multiple players visited the target, you will be given one of their names at random.

Your skill with a bow lets you attack from great distances. If you are carrying out the kill, you are not considered to have visited the target.

Hayabusa (Roleblocker) – mpolo

“Screeeeeeeech!”

http://i.imgur.com/0LFPK.jpg

You are Hayabusa, Shan-Yu’s Falcon (Roleblocker).
Win Condition: Eliminate all town players, or ensure such elimination is inevitable.

Shan-Yu. Leader. Strong.

Chinese? Weak. Prey. Strong live. Weak die.

Go. Hunt prey. Be strong.

Your fellow Huns are your leader Shan-Yu (Chandani), and his trusty Lieutenant (BoomFrog). Shan-Yu is immune to the first thing that would otherwise kill him. Shan-Yu’s Lieutenant has the ability to Watch a player during the night, seeing who visits them, and does not have to visit the target to carry out a kill.

As the leader of the Huns, Shan-Yu will be the player to send in your faction’s kill order at night. You are second in line, and will inherit the kill decision if he is slain. Shan-Yu’s Lieutenant will inherit the kill decision if both Shan-Yu and you are slain. When sending in a kill order, please specify who will be carrying out the kill, and who the target is. Mechanically, this will grant that player a kill power for the duration of the night, and they will then use it on the target.

Each night, you may PM the mods the name of a player you wish to harry, roleblocking them. That player’s active abilities will be blocked for that night. Passive abilities will remain in effect.

Mulanfia:
Spoiler:
UNRELATED NOTE TO SELF: Consider making a Psychonauts Mafia

RELATED NOTE TO OTHERS: Some things in this document may not have been incorporated into the final game design. Take anything here with a grain of salt; this was a planning document.

Basic idea: Semi-closed, vanilla-ish, turbo mini.

Flavor: The Huns are invading, and the finest ragtag bunch of misfits from around the land has been called together to be trained into an unstoppable fighting force! But as the call comes up for the army to march into battle, some disturbing news is discovered (how?): some advance scouts have infiltrated the army! There’s no way they can move until the scouts are eliminated, or they’ll stand no chance. But they’ve blended in quite well - and so it’s time to root them out, the old-fashioned way. The fate of China is in their hands...

SIZE: TWELVE PLAYERS

-Try to work in a Torturer?
-Want to have at least a PGO or Miller somewhere, though THE GREAT STONE DRAGON might be enough to balance it out
-Want to have at least 2 vanilla town, preferably more

ROLES:
Fa Mulan - Jack Of All Trades
One-shot Doctor
One-shot Cop
One-shot Vigilante Kill
One-shot Roleblock
Captain Li Shang - COP (Knows his soldiers well)
Ling - VANILLA TOWN
Chien-Po - VANILLA TOWN
Yao - VANILLA TOWN
Mushu - VIGILANTE
- Vengeful Guardian of Mulan
-Can send her anon PMs - if Mulan dies, switches to Independent, goal being to kill everyone responsible for her death (gets a list?)
Cri-kee - DOCTOR (via luck)
Chi-Fu (the beaureaucrat guy) - BUS DRIVER
-Cannot target self
THE GREAT STONE DRAGON - LYNCHER FOR MUSHU
-AWAKEN THE GREAT STONE DRAGON
-RELEASE THE KRAKEN
-Gets a half-win with town if Mushu dies. This can be in addition to his full win for the lynch. (Only player that can be 1.5x-winning!)
Shan Yu - SCUM LEADER (Doctor-piercing kill)
- One-shot immunity to first thing that would otherwise kill him
Hayabusa (Shan Yu’s falcon) - WATCHER/SILENCER
-Only one on any given day/night cycle
Shan Yu’s Lieutenant - ROLEBLOCKER
-How to make this make sense in flavor? Just one of the “strongman” lieutenants, rather than the creepy tracker-archer?

POSSIBLE INTERACTIONS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
Shan-Yu’s doctor-piercing kill allows him to pierce ONE doctor; mulan + cri-kee working together will prevent the kill. Phrase as “Allows you to pierce a doctor’s protection” to be unambiguous without giving away too much - it gives away that there’s a doctor power in the game, but that’s hardly surprising...

MUSHU WIN CONDITIONS:
-Half-win with town. Half-win if Mulan is still alive at game end.
-If Mulan dies: Half-win for her survival replaced with half-win if the person most directly responsible for her death is killed by any means. Is not told who this is.
-Does this make losing his half-win for keeping Mulan alive too trivial? Do we want to make that have more impact, or considering he has no defensive powers, is it pretty much assumed that he won’t be able to stop Mulan from dying, aside from steering lynches away?
-He’ll know who Mulan is; should he be allowed to send her (one-way) messages as well?

GREAT STONE DRAGON:
-Full win for lynching Mushu (that is, if Mushu is lynched and GSD cast a vote on him). If Mushu is killed by any means (including lynch), inherits Mushu’s win conditions, but not his powers? Learns who Mulan is? Gains ability to send Mulan messages?

HAYABUSA:
-Watcher actually useful for scum? (Tracker probably more useful.) Replace with Roleblock? Silencer useful if we don’t get there in time?

SHAN-YU’S LIEUTENANT:
-Seriously, think of better abilities here...or could just have him as a Vanilla Goon

CHI-FU:
-Think of something better

THE FOLLOWING ROLES MAY BE IN THIS GAME:
Cop
Doctor
Vigilante
Tracker
Miller
Godfather
Paranoid Gun Owner
Roleblocker
Jesterbomb
Politician (Public)
Jack Of All Trades
Doctor-Piercing Kill (One-Shot)
Kill Immunity (One-Shot)
Lyncher
Bus Driver
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Goon

Whispers to Mulan:
Spoiler:
Sent: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:55 pm UTC
Hi Mulan,

I'm Mushu and as your guardian it turns out I get to message you during the day! I also have a vig kill. Unfortunately you're not allowed to reply. I can't form a cipher, but I can form codewords etc. - I will send a few to you at some stage which will hopefully be inconspicuous enough for you to respond in thread (for example I might ask you multiple choice questions and tell you that a certain word of your post should start with the letter corresponding to your choice).

For now though, I just want to tell you that my role exists and that I'm on your team. Obviously you're going to question whether you can trust me, and I'll have a bit of a think about how I can reassure you on this. If your role PM told you about me, then I don't have to worry about that - and please make the second sentence of your first post after this message start with a word with three letters. If it didn't, start the second sentence with a word with two letters. To confirm that you've received this message, make the second sentence exactly ten words long.

Oh and because I don't think it can hurt - I'm webby. (I think the existence of listener roles is unlikely enough that it's ok for me to say that, although I will refrain from saying your name (although I do know who you are).

I win if you survive to the end of the game. I half-win if you're nightkilled. I lose if you're lynched. (But don't worry, I'm not going to out you if I'm getting lynched just to get the half-win.

Sent: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:12 am UTC
Glad to see you finally join us. Please be careful, I really don't want to see you get hurt. Do not trust anyone. I'll stay in touch.

Sent:Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:39 pm UTC

I've breadcrumbed for you in case I die and you need it. (Btw, I won't be online from 10 hours time until deadline, because I'm in a timezone where the deadline is going to be 5am, so use this if you're about to get lynched today as well.) It's in the paragraph talking about you, the third letter of the first sentence, fourth of the second, fifth of the third etc.
webby wrote:I'm not convinced by the Silknor lynch either.

He is maybe a little inactive, but I think the frequency and posting style are no different to how he normally acts/is acting in other games. I don't really understand the bandwagon forming on him. I think I quite like his defence as well - there's no real overreaction. I would, however, have liked a vote or at least details on who he thinks is suspicious. Overall, I'll say he's acting like normal and leave it at that for now.

Now for who to lynch - as usual I'm feeling like I really want to lynch Lataro - I don't know what to make of his post. Especially when he's usually opposed to lurker lynches and says that looking at who's been posting and how much is just creating false content, I don't like that he goes for a lurker lynch. (And I don't care if he tells me the vote was a joke, it already has another vote on top of it and could easily lead to a bandwagon).

AngrySquirrel's vote feels more scummy though - the justification was extremely dodgy and is her only real content so far in the game.

That leaves GoP. An early vote for Chandani based on her defence of Lataro then an unvote without a re-vote. Then suggests a lurker lynch. I don't like this post.

So to sum up:
Vote: AngrySquirrel

Lataro is the second most suspicious player and I would be willing to vote for him too.
GoP comes third and I will vote for him if it becomes a decision between him and anyone but those two players. (Assuming nothing scummy comes up.)

Sent: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:01 pm UTC
Hello my dearest Mulan. Knowing no crickets can overhear lets me speak freely. I was wondering how to communicate with you, but I guess we can just talk.

First of all, don't go around walking alone, you saw how brutally cruel those huns can be. Keep your back straight, put your armor on and start training already! It's not a time to grieve. You shall bring honor to your family.

In any case, I'm your big and powerful dragon protector, I'll do everything I can to keep you protected (even if that means taking an arrow for you). Just make sure you go kill those huns.

It was a shame I wanted to kill Chi Fu though, he just seemed to have bad intentions, I'll keep my guard up myself also.

Just in case, I'll stay by your side all times, giving you advise as I see you need it. There's not much I can help you with at night though, dragons do need to sleep.

Sent:Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:25 am UTC
The Huns want your head! You should get in here and fight back! Save your family honor!

Your friendly neighbor dragon.

Sent:Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:48 pm UTC
Quickly, vote for Chandani! I have no idea what's up with Lorenz or how he knows you're Mulan, but I'm pretty sure Boomfrog, Chandani, mpolo are the scum if there are three of them and it's 3-3, so we need to get Chandani to three votes first so she gets lynched under the longest time rule.

Sent: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:52 pm UTC
Oh and btw I tried to kill Boomfrog, but it must have been roleblocked or doctored.

Sent: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:30 pm UTC
Mighty dragon who saved you here.
I guess I can't really prove I'm not scum, except that I did everything I could to save you. It turned out badly, but it's the only thing I could think of. Eitherway, I'll only vote for who you vote, as It's very probable that's the only way we can win.

Sent: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:33 pm UTC
I suppose you've understood my reasoning - that if the votes are tied then the person who has been on the most votes for the longest gets lynched.

I'm not sure how to convince you to trust me yet - I was hoping to do it through the vig kills, but they haven't worked out so well. How about if I give you the choice of who to lynch? I'm willing to trust Lorenz because he took the lynch away from you, although I have no idea how he knows you're Mulan or that I can talk to you. Maybe he has a rolecop or similar.

So maybe you choose one of Boomfrog, Chandani and mpolo to vote for, and I'll follow your vote? I'm off to lunch now, but I'll be back in an hour or so (1:30pm GMT +11, which I think is 230 GMT).

Sent: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:16 pm UTC
It's obvious that Lorenz is playing us. The more I think of it, even if some bastardy is involved, two people claiming the same role can't both be town. The fact that all three of us have a same vote is starting to worry me. It felt good but the more I think of it, it must be wrong. If you claim that you never received pm's by Lorenz, we can easily lynch him and get him done with. What do you say? I'll follow your lead.

Sent:Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:28 pm UTC
That was me desperately trying to stop you from getting nightkilled - I only half-win if that happens!

Also, my hope is that they'll roleblock you (I'm assuming a roleblock was why my kill on Boomfrog didn't go through last night) and kill Lorenz, leaving me free to kill mpolo or Chandani. Then we can lynch the other one for the win tomorrow.

Moderator’s Sheet (Deva Note: Reformatted it. Cut less important items.):
Spoiler:
Day One Lynch: Gopher of Pern

Night One Actions:
Silknor: Cop: Boomfrog. (Roleblocked by mpolo.)
webby: Kill: Lataro.
AngrySquirrel: Cop: Silknor
Angua: Doctor: Boomfrog
Lataro: Bus: AngrySquirrel <=> Lorenz
Gopher of Pern: Dead
Lorenz: None
Chandani: None
mpolo: Roleblock: Silknor
Boomfrog: Watch: webby. Kill: Lorenz (Bus to AngrySquirrel).

Night One Results:
Bus roleblocked? (No - proceed normally).
Bus successful. AngrySquirrel <=> Lorenz bussed.
Roleblock successful, Silknor roleblocked.
Doctor successful. BoomFrog doctored.
Cop successful. AngrySquirrel gets Not Hun.
Cop fails. Silknor is roleblocked.
Kill successful. Lataro dies.
Kill redirected. AngrySquirrel dies.
Watch successful. Returns no results.

PMs To Send:
BoomFrog - Watch: No Result
Silknor - 1-Shot Cop: No Result (Roleblocked)

Day Two Lynch: Angua

Night Two Actions:
Silknor: Doctor: Lorenz
webby: Kill: Boomfrog (Roleblocked by mpolo).
AngrySquirrel: Dead
Angua: Dead
Lataro: Dead
Chandani: None
mpolo: Roleblock: webby.
Boomfrog: Watch: Chandani. Kill: Lorenz (Doctored)

Night Two Results:
Roleblock successful. webby roleblocked
Doc successful. Lorenz doctored
Kill fails. Lorenz is doctored
Kill fails. webby is roleblocked
Watch successful. Returns no results

PMs to send:
BoomFrog - Watch: No Result

Day Three Lynch: Boomfrog

Night Three Actions:
Silknor: Kill: mpolo
webby: Kill: mpolo
AngrySquirrel: Dead
Angua: Dead
Lataro: Dead
Chandani: Kill: Silknor
mpolo: Roleblock: webby
Boomfrog: Dead

Night Three Results:
Roleblock successful. webby roleblocked
Kill fails. webby is roleblocked.
Kill succeeds. Silknor kills mpolo
Kill succeeds. Chandani kills Silknor

Day Four Lynch: webby

Pre-Post Scratch:
Spoiler:
Day 2 Start
A soldier stirred lazily in his bedroll. He yawned and turned over, grimacing irritably as the first rays of sunlight streamed through the open tent flap and over his eyelids.

Wait...sunlight?

Shit!

The soldier shot out of bed and hurriedly threw on his armor. He was due for the morning watch, and...who was he relieving? He quickly glanced at the watch rotation as he ran out of his tent, and his expression turned to dismay. The Captain was on watch last night?! Oh, he was going to catch it now...but if he hurried, maybe he could still make it on time...!

As it turned out, he needn’t have worried about being late.

After all, the late Captain wasn’t going anywhere.

AngrySquirrel is dead. She was Captain Li Shang (Cop), Chinese Army.

The soldier quickly turned and ran back to the camp - he had to deliver this news! His watch post could wait!

As he ran, he passed a small group which had been digging a grave for the one who was executed the previous day. They looked very tired and disgruntled; after all, they’d been digging for a long time.

They had to. It was a very large grave.

Gopher of Pern is dead. He was Chien-Po (One-Shot Roleblocker), Chinese Army.

As the soldiers assembled for morning roll call, the usual joking and horseplay was subdued by the news. The Captain, dead? Why was he even on watch last night? The Captain didn’t usually go on watch, that was a job for the recruits.

“I can’t believe he’s dead...”

The murmurs continued unabated for several minutes. Normally, by now Chi Fu would have come out and made some ineffectual attempt to restore order before the Captain came out to snap everyone to attention, but today there was no Captain...

...and for that matter, where was Chi Fu?

One brave, brave soldier decided to brave the bueauraucrat’s wrath and awaken him. But when he pushed aside the flap of Chi Fu’s palatial tent, he saw no sleeping or angry functionary.

Chi Fu’s body was lying artlessly sprawled amongst a stack of papers. The soldier picked one up: a watch rotation...a half-finished one, with the brushmarks still wet. Looks like Chi Fu had been making some creative changes to the watch order. He wouldn’t be changing much of anything any more, though.

Lataro is dead. He was Chi Fu (Bus Driver), Chinese Army.

Eventually, the soldiers called themselves to order - slowly, inefficiently, inelegantly. They needed a leader to pull them into shape - but with the Captain and the Emperor’s envoy dead, who would step up and take charge?

It is now Day Two. Deadline set for Sunday, October 23rd at 7:00pm GMT (noon PST) - 72 hours from now.

Seven players alive. Four votes to lynch.

Day 3 Start
The night passed quietly - too quietly. A stifling stillness pervaded the camp, with not a breath of wind stirring the air. Even the normal chirping of crickets was absent...

Angua is dead. She was Cri-Kee the Lucky Cricket (Doctor), Chinese Army.

The six remaining soldiers awoke to that same eerie quiet, and prepared to set about the day’s work. Was the night’s quietude the calm before the storm, or the silence of the grave?

It is now Day Three. Deadline set for Friday, October 28th at 7:00pm GMT (noon PST) - 72 hours from now.

Six players alive. Four votes to lynch.

Game End - Oh Wait Nope
webby backed off slowly, bewildered as the soldiers closed in on him, drawing their weapons. “Hey man, what you doin’? I ain’t done nothin’, man!”

Nobody else spoke a word, only the howling of the returning wind breaking the silence.

webby continued backing off, fear in his eyes. “Nuh-uh! You’ll never take me alive!” He took a deep breath...

“We weren’t planning to.”

An arrow from one of the soldiers struck him hard in the shoulder just as he began to exhale, spinning him in place. A great jet of flame burst forth from his mouth, but horribly off-target. Rather than incinerating those who threatened him, it washed over the nearby tents. The dry cloth instantly caught fire, the wind quickly fanning the flames into an inferno that spread to the other tents.

webby cried out in pain and turned to run, evading a second arrow as he managed to run into a bush. “Oh man, the Ancestors are gonna kill me...!”

“Mushu.”

“Who...?”

”Mushu. You have dishonored our family.”

“... uh oh ...”

“Your charade is at an end, false Guardian. It is time for the Ancestor’s rightfully appointed servant to take up this task.”

A huge stone claw descended, and Mushu at last was silent as the life was crushed from his body.

webby is dead. He was Mushu (Guardian, Vigilante), Chinese Army.

With webby’s death, the elimination of all town players is now inevitable. The game is now over.

webby was gone, and Lorenz was missing. Silknor now stood alone against Chandani, mpolo and BoomFrog. As cinders soared high into the sky, soldiers running off in panic or desperately trying to extinguish the flames, the three of them moved to surround him, grinning darkly as they removed their disguises - Huns one and all.

Chandani is Shan-Yu (Tough), Huns.
mpolo is Hayabusa (Roleblocker), Huns.
BoomFrog is Shan-Yu’s Lieutenant (Watcher), Huns.
Silknor is Mulan (Jack of All Trades), Chinese Army.

Shan-Yu chuckled softly. “What an arrogant fool your Emperor is. His wall? Bypassed easily. His armies? They lie in ruins! And now, his final reserves, his last hope, destroyed from within!” He drew his sword and pointed it at Mulan, the red glow of the fires framing his wiry hair. “Go. Tell the old fool his time is over. China belongs to the Huns now.”

“NO!”

Mulan drew her sword and charged at Shan-Yu. He merely grinned and readied his sword as she leapt...

...but before their swords could connect, a figure leapt from a nearby bush, grabbing her with one strong hand and carrying her away into the forest.

Mulan struggled against the immovable grip. “What are you DOING? We have to stop him!”

Lorenz shook his head as he ran. “No. That is not my duty. I was sent by the Ancestors to bring you home safely, and so I shall. “

“You heard him gloat! They will bring down the Emperor! They will take control of all China!”

Lorenz snorted loudly. “Perhaps. But I am the guardian of the Fa family, not the guardian of China. We go.”

Lorenz is the Great Stone Dragon (Lyncher), Independent.

Shan-Yu raised his arm to provide a perch for his faithful falcon. His lieutenant stood beside him, watching as the camp continued to burn, the few remaining troops’ efforts to extinguish the blaze entirely futile. “Well then,” remarked the lieutenant as he applied a fresh coat of wax to his bowstring, “they are truly defeated. Only the Imperial City remains.”

Shan-Yu grinned widely as ash drifted down around him, the falcon flaring his wings. “And now that we’re done playing with the Emperor’s toys...let’s go inform him that playtime’s over.”

Game Over. Huns, Lyncher and Guardian win!
Chandani, mpolo and BoomFrog win as the Huns, by ensuring elimination of all town players is inevitable.
Lorenz wins as the Great Stone Dragon, by successfully lynching Mushu.
webby wins as Mushu, by ensuring Mulan survives to the end of the game.
AngrySquirrel, Angua, Gopher of Pern, Lataro, and Silknor lose as town.

Day 3 End
The soldiers’ vocal arguments rose high into the still air as the sun beat down mercilessly upon them.

BoomFrog, however, was sweating due to more than just the heat.

As the others closed in on him, he pleaded with them to see reason, but to no avail. Seeing their implacable gaze fixed on him, he finally decided that he would go out on his own terms, drawing a dagger and taking his own life.

Shaken by his decision and fatigued by the sweltering heat, the others agreed to call it an early day, retiring to the shade of their tents to get some rest.

Response to Silknor’s Question
If all players, using the same format as a vote (bold, on a newline), unanimously denote themselves as

Ready

the day will immediately end. Any change in votals will immediately un-Ready all players. (Please do not abuse this system - if you do not wish for the day to end early, simply do not mark yourself as Ready.)

Day 4 Start
“Tsseeeeerrrr!”

Mulan ran frantically through the trees, ducking through the undergrowth to reach a relatively sheltered spot. She wiped the blood from her eyes as the circling falcon came around for another pass, her exhaustion and the numerous cuts on her face a testament to its tenacity.
What is WITH this bird...

She ducked aside as it came screeching through the trees, but not quite fast enough, earning another cut for her trouble. However, she recognized this place - this was where BoomFrog had taken himself down yesterday. But in the growing light of dawn, she saw something that had been forgotten at the time: nobody had taken his bow.

BoomFrog is dead. He was Shan-Yu’s Lieutenant (Watcher), Huns.

She hurriedly snatched up his bow and quiver, running now not to get deeper into the trees, but to get out of them - she needed to line up a clear shot. She dodged another pass from the falcon - [/i]how had its screeching not woken people up?! - and sprinted for clear ground. Her muscles screamed in agony, but she dared not stop -

- there! The edge of the forest! She broke clear of the trees and nocked an arrow to the fallen Hun’s bow, spinning in place to search for that accursed bird.
Come on, where is it... As she warily glanced back and forth, backing up slowly, her attention towards the sky distracted her from more prosaic matters, not noticing the cliff edge towards which she was slowly backing...

“Tsseeeeeeeeerr!”

Silhouetted against the rising sun, the falcon folded its wings into a power dive, plunging towards Mulan at breakneck speeds.

The arrow rose to meet it even faster.

The bird tumbled to the ground with a graceless thud, its corpse rolling along the ground before coming to rest, wings broken, body awkwardly propped up by the arrow protruding from its chest.

mpolo is dead. He was Hayabusa (Roleblocker), Huns.

Mulan let out a deep sigh of relief, letting the bow drop to the ground. She wiped the blood from her eyes once more as she turned to head back to the camp.

Her vision cleared just in time to see the dark-cloaked figure hurtling towards her - but not in time to do anything about it. She was sent tumbling over the cliff, her scream hoarse and despairing as she fell, for the brief few seconds until her body was dashed and broken against the rocks at the bottom.

Silknor is dead. He was Mulan (Jack Of All Trades), Chinese Army.

As the soldiers awoke and surveyed the night’s carnage, murmurs of worry and fear filled the camp. Only three of the twelve who’d appointed themselves to bring down the Huns remained - would their successes of the past day be enough, or was China doomed to fall?

It is now Day Three. Deadline set for Tuesday, November 1st at 7:00pm GMT (noon PST) - 72 hours from now.

Three players alive. Two to lynch.

PM to webby
”She’s...dead? No...no! Oh man, the Ancestors are gonna kill me!

Unless...yeah, that’s it! Honor comes to the family if she went down fighting, right? And if everyone she was fighting goes down, man, she’s gonna be a war hero! They’ll be beggin’ me to stay on as a Guardian!

I know what I gotta do...”

You have failed to prevent Mulan’s death. You have received a half-win for preventing her from being lynched.

Your win condition has changed. You will receive an additional half-win if the faction responsible for Mulan’s death is eliminated, or such elimination is inevitable.

Game End - For Real This Time

Mushu backed off slowly, bewildered as the soldiers closed in on him, drawing their weapons. “Hey man, what you doin’? I ain’t done nothin’, man!”

Mushu continued backing off, fear in his eyes. “Nuh-uh! You’ll never take me alive!” He took a deep breath...

“I didn’t plan to.”

As Mushu sent forth a great jet of flame, Shan-Yu leapt towards him, dealing a fearsome blow with his great sword. The force of the strike sent Mushu reeling, sending his fire wide, the flames washing not over the charging Hun but the tents of the Chinese Army. The cloth, dried out by the prior day’s heat, caught fire instantly, the fires roaring high as the wounded Mushu fled into the undergrowth.

“Oh man, the Ancestors are gonna kill me...!”

”Mushu. You dishonor the family.”

“Who...Stoney?

...Uh oh...”

“Your charade is at an end, false Guardian. You have done enough damage; you will do no more.”

A huge stone claw descended, and Mushu at last was silent as the life was crushed from his body.

webby is dead. He was Mushu (Guardian, Vigilante), Chinese Army. He receives a half-win for ensuring Silknor was not lynched, but does not receive a full win for ensuring her survival to the end of the game.

With webby’s death, all town players have been eliminated.

The Great Stone Dragon, his task complete, turned to face Shan-Yu. The two stared one another down, flexing their muscles. Shan-Yu grinned and readied his sword as ashes soared high into the sky, the inferno of the camp framing his wiry hair as the soldiers ran about in panic..

But this was not the Great Stone Dragon’s purpose.

He turned and jumped from the cliff edge where Mulan had fallen, kicking up a great cloud of dust as he landed. Tenderly, he bent to scoop up her body, casting not a backwards glance as he set off to return home. The will of the ancestors was that Mulan be returned home - and so she would.

The Huns had triumphed, and all China was in peril. But he was not the guardian of all China - he was the guardian of the Fa family. He would do his appointed duty.

Lorenz was the Great Stone Dragon (Lyncher), Independent. He receives a full win for successfully lynching Mushu.

Shan-Yu grinned as he surveyed the camp - tents in flames, chaos, panic everywhere.

“The Emperor is an arrogant fool. His wall has been bypassed, his armies lie in ruins, his final reserves destroyed from within, right under his nose. Now, only the Imperial City remains, and he will be well and truly defeated. The old fool’s time is over - China belongs to the Huns now.”

Shan-Yu bent to wipe his sword on the grass and strode off towards the Imperial City, leaving his fallen lieutenant and his trusty falcon behind. Useful tools they had been, but they were no longer needed. He was superior, and he would lay the Emperor low.

Chandani was Shan-Yu (Tough), Huns. She receives a full win for eliminating all town players.

mpolo and BoomFrog also receive full wins for the elimination of all town players.

Modnotes and Commentary (Google Docs)
Changes its form depending on the observer.
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:20 am UTC

Commentary:
Spoiler:
Day 1
Aaeriele, Oct. 17, 9 PM PST
So there are less than 24 hours left for the first day period in Mulanfia, and so far, not a single vote has been cast for someone who isn’t town. DBC note from 12 hours in the future: GoP had voted for Chandani, but this was removed, and seems to have been what started the bandwagon to get GoP lynched...a bandwagon started by BoomFrog.

(Deva Note: Removed the image of the spreadsheet here.)

I think some people need to get their scumdar checked. (For those wondering about the vote notes format - each vote or unvote adds a V or U respectively; the name after the colon is who their vote is currently on, if anyone.)

DaBigCheez, Oct. 17, 9 PM PST
webby, you might want to make sure when you’re sending a one-way PM about a breadcrumb you made, that you actually explained the breadcrumb right XD
webby wrote:I've breadcrumbed for you in case I die and you need it. (Btw, I won't be online from 10 hours time until deadline, because I'm in a timezone where the deadline is going to be 5am, so use this if you're about to get lynched today as well.) It's in the paragraph talking about you, the third letter of the first sentence, fourth of the second, fifth of the third etc.

webby wrote:I'm not convinced by the Silknor lynch either.

He is maybe a little inactive, but I think the frequency and posting style are no different to how he normally acts/is acting in other games. I don't really understand the bandwagon forming on him. I think I quite like his defence as well - there's no real overreaction. I would, however, have liked a vote or at least details on who he thinks is suspicious. Overall, I'll say he's acting likenormal and leave it at that for now.

DaBigCheez, Oct. 18, 9 AM PST

Congrats, AngrySquirrel, on placing the first vote against scum this entire game.

Aaeriele, Oct. 18, 12 PM PST
And that wraps up Day 1, with a couple of the scum helping push along a lynch of what is probably the least powerful town role. Overall, not terrible for either team, which is good - I’m looking forward to seeing how things progress, I’d hate for a major swing either way right off the bat.

Night 1
Aaeriele, Oct. 18, 5 PM PST
It’s kind of annoying that stating even a small amount of bastardry leads to everyone assuming they need to use coded PMs; thankfully it won’t impact the game to just state publicly that there aren’t any listeners, so we can put a stop to that idea before it gets out of hand. Nobody wants to have to interpret pointless codes.

Also, for posterity - in this game, if a roleblocker is roleblocked the two nullify each other - that is, if A blocks B, and B blocks C, then from C’s perspective, they were never roleblocked. (If Gopher of Pern a.k.a. Chien-Po, the 1-shot roleblocker, hadn’t gotten lynched before being able to use their roleblock, then we would have had 3 potential roleblocks; in that case, if they happened to chain A->B->C->D, A and B would nullify, thus leaving C to successfully roleblock D.)

In addition - one-shot abilities are used up when they are requested - in other words, if a player tries to use a one-shot ability, but gets roleblocked, that ability is still “used up” even though it doesn’t succeed.

Aaeriele, Oct. 18, 11:40 PM PST
So the scum have, almost certainly accidentally, managed to do things almost perfectly night 1. BoomFrog had suggested that Lataro be roleblocked, but mpolo decided to roleblock Silknor instead - which will prevent what would have otherwise been a scum result from copping BoomFrog.

Of course, that’s only going to make things even more interesting if the scum decide to kill either AngrySquirrel or Lorenz tonight, since due to Lataro’s bus driving, they’d wind up killing the other of the pair, sowing even more confusion. Probably ideal would be for them to attempt to kill Lorenz (and wind up killing AngrySquirrel), since it wouldn’t be great for scum to kill off the one independent in the game on the first night.

DaBigCheez, Oct. 19, 10:00 AM PST
Well, all actions seem to be in - and yes, the scum are doing things right almost purely by virtue of mpolo choosing the right target to roleblock. And they did indeed to try and go for Lorenz. If he’d targeted Lataro as suggested, scum would have killed the anti-town independent and gotten copped by Mulan, who two others have as confirmed town in their role PMs. Instead, Lataro’s redirect is still working, so the kill got redirected onto the cop - and mpolo’s roleblocking the cop on them.

Also, slight clarification - BoomFrog’s a watcher, not a tracker, so he’s not going to get any result from watching Webby. (It’s who visits webby, not who webby visits, that gets returned.)

Of course, this also means if Lataro had not submitted an action town would be in a better place, but such are the perils of the bus driver.

This’ll leave an interesting setup for D2. It’ll be 3-1-3 town-indy-scum - but almost all of the non-scum players have one of the townies as confirmed, town has two vigkills and a doc, and most of the non-scum still alive are the “wildcard” roles...town’s in bad shape, but this is far from over.

Aaeriele, Oct. 19, 10:15 AM PST
That said, this night has been some pretty good popcorn, especially for anyone cheering for the scum team. Poor, poor townies, can’t seem to catch a break - Mulan’s 1-shot cop gets roleblocked; the vig kills the townie bus driver, the doctor is (inconsequentially) protecting a hun, and the bus driver swapped a kill off of an independent to a townie.

Day 2
Aaeriele, Oct. 20, 12 PM PST
Time to start the new day. Town took a huge blow Night 1, what with the cop getting killed and the vig hitting the bus driver. That brings us down to 3 town, 1 independent, and 3 scum. Note that we specifically worded the game end conditions so that this is okay; the town haven’t lost yet - but they’re going to have an uphill battle from here if they want to pull things out in a win.

Aaeriele, Oct. 20, 5:20 PM PST
Also, as BoomFrog (ironically) points out, the townies are in a little bit of a bind here - with 3 scum still in the game, they can’t afford to vote for a townie, because the instant they do, all 3 scum can simply speedhammer and kill a townie, which is likely to result in a scum win.

Similarly, if the GSD manages to figure out who Mushu is, the GSD can pretty much guarantee himself a win by simply voting for Mushu - the scum will instantly pile on, and the lynch will go through.

On the other hand, the townies could try to bait out the speedhammer - it’d be risky, but one of them could try voting for someone and then the instant they see new votes coming in, unvote. Depending on how quick on the trigger the scum are, they might be able to bait out scum into showing their hand - especially since the scum didn’t plan any particular times (or codes for conveying times) for them to initiate coordinated speedhammers during Night 1.

If no speedhammer was forthcoming, it would actually be a fairly reasonable indication that the target was, indeed, scum. (Of course, the scum could always be one more yomi layer higher and not speedhammer, but that’s always a possibility.)

Aaeriele, Oct. 23, 8:30 AM PST
Coming down to the wire on Day 2 and there’s at least one townie voting for another townie. This is not a good sign for town, given that it means scum can force a townie lynch, which is pretty much the end (especially since the potential victim in question is Mulan). So far Mushu (webby) hasn’t done anything to try to save Mulan... and Angua’s vote for Silknor is a little bit short-sighted (when a single misvote allows scum to speedlynch, you don’t use a vote to just “remind someone to post”).

In addition, neither Mushu nor the GSD (Lorenz) have really been making much use of their daychat powers, which is kind of sad - this game was really supposed to revolve around the dynamics of having Mulan getting pumped with and for information by both of them, and so far neither has really even done much aside from saying they exist.

DaBigCheez, Oct. 23, 10:15 AM PST
So, I’m seeing a lot of people (mostly scum <_<) making comments to the effect of “Oh man, deadline’s coming up fast, deadline’s hitting at a bad time, most of this day was during the weekend”...you know you can *ask for deadline extensions*, right, people?

Other than that, Lorenz’s falseclaim of Mushu is interesting. Is he trying to flush the real Mushu out of the woodwork, or just redirect the lynch onto someone who might be Mushu, or stop town from losing before he gets his win? The smart choice for Mushu would be to accept the lynch redirection and kill him during the night - except that the doctor might be protecting him under the suspicion that he’s Mushu...

If anyone’s around to say things, this could get interesting.

Aaeriele, Oct. 23, 2 PM PST
Sadly, it appears that 2 out of 3 town weren’t around, and the last one got screwed over by the scum. C’mon, people. We set specific deadlines for a reason: if you can’t make those deadlines, you should say something.

Night 2
DaBigCheez, Oct. 23, 5:00 PM PST
And it looks like Silknor’s doccing the lyncher - I think that’s all she wrote for town. (I did run a quick simulation, and town can in fact win even from this 2-1-3 situation, but it requires perfect aim and a lot of luck; don’t think it’s happening.)

It’s certainly easier to get a lynch on a townie when 2 of the 3 townies don’t even cast a vote.

I’ll have to look back at the modsheet; it’s entirely possible that not a single townie submitted an action with results better than “doesn’t actively hurt town”. Silknor’s cop *would* have been good, except for the scum roleblock; everything else has been neutral at best. I’m not even sure if there’s been more than one or two votes on scum, either.

I don’t *think* the setup was horribly imbalanced, and it’s just how the dice fell/how the players played, but I could be wrong on that score.

Interesting side note: If Mushu dies during the night, scum win. Scum’s win condition is “eliminate all town players, or ensure such elimination is inevitable” - so, by that wording, scum wins when elimination is inevitable. With Mushu dead, town has no chance to survive make their time. This means that *Mushu will actually get a full win if he gets killed tonight*, as his condition is to ensure “Mulan survives to the end of the game”. This doesn’t really fit with the original intent of the win condition, but that’s how we wrote it, and I think he’ll get a full win on a technicality if so. It’ll be easy enough to write the end-game flavor so Mulan’s left as a survivor to go tell the Emperor or something, Shan-Yu’s cocky like that - I just find it funny.

Day 3
Aaeriele, Oct. 25, 12 PM PST
Mushu didn’t die during the night (in fact, scum decided to target Lorenz, the lyncher - who was docced by Silknor). Judging from night chat, though, they may be planning to speedlynch Mushu (webby) during the day, which will lead to an even more entertaining outcome: not only will both Mushu and scum get full wins, but so will the GSD!

As long as the GSD (Lorenz) helps in the speedlynch (which he will probably will have if it happens - after all, it requires 4 votes to lynch today and the town probably aren’t going to be voting for one another), he gets his win; plus Mushu gets a win for keeping Mulan alive, plus the scum win for eliminating town.

That would result in exactly 50% of the players in the game winding up with a full victory (and the other 50% with a full loss), which would be pretty neat - not something you see all that often.

Aaeriele, Oct. 25, 6:30 PM PST
One thing that has me kind of surprised: the GSD still hasn’t tried just asking Mulan to tell him who Mushu is.

As things stand, if Lorenz does decide to help town out here, this could become a rather interesting game - especially since the lynch looks like it might be heading away from Chandani to a different scum (and thus the town might actually get some breathing room, rather than just triggering Chandani’s one-shot kill immunity and losing during the night).

On the other hand, Lorenz might have an epiphany and realize that there are better ways to find out who Mushu is (or Silknor might bring things out into the open and force webby to claim). We shall see.

Also, I find it hilarious that the scum decided on night 2 that on day 3, they’d get 3 votes on webby before anyone else so that the tie rule would ensure that webby got lynched.... and then come daytime, both town and the GSD voted for one of the scum before a single scum vote has even been cast.

Sorry scum, but that is one heck of a failure - you had a plan, and the execution hasn’t just been poor, it’s been a total and complete screwup. You would have won today if you had done it properly - all you had to do was exactly what you planned on night 2. But you didn’t, and now things are going to get interesting.

DaBigCheez, Oct. 25, 7:00 PM PST
D3 = :giantpsyduckmadeofpsyducks:

Aaeriele, Oct. 26, 2:15 PM PST
Lorenz’s whisper to Mulan pretending to be from webby seems to have paid off in spades - Silknor essentially just confirmed in-thread that webby is Mushu. Now if only Lorenz actually uses that information... you know, like swapping his vote to webby and getting the scum to bandwagon on.

Aaeriele, Oct. 26, 5 PM PST
Okay, I have to say, the relative boredom of Day 2 has been made completely worth it by what Day 3 is now becoming. This is exactly what we wanted with the Mulan/Mushu/GSD interaction from the start - the conflicting-but-not-differentiated messages from Mushu and GSD leading to drama.

DaBigCheez, Oct. 27, 8:45 AM PST
Alas, poor BoomFrog - despair/impatience may have cost you the game. While the hints weren’t obvious as to exactly what, it should have been fairly clear there was some weirdness going on between Lorenz, webby and Silknor. Lorenz had *just* gotten confirmation from Silknor that webby was Mushu - his lynch target - and was considering what to do with the information. There’s a very good chance that in the next few hours, he would have unvoted, voted for webby, and scum would have had their opening for a game-winning speedlynch.

Not that I blame you for self-hammering when it looks hopeless; “never give up, never surrender,” 20/20 hindsight and all that, but just waiting around to become officially dead isn’t full of teh fun. Plus, it at least stops webby from coordinating his kill with Silknor during the rest of the day (not that he’d ever used that ability in the past, plus Lorenz might have started screwing with it just for lulz).

That said, you did make me throw out like a page and a half of flavor I’d written for a webby-speedlynch game-end, as planned by the scum earlier :P

Night 3’s going to be interesting; I think there’s actually a very good chance town will turn it around now. Mulan’s got a roleblock and a vigkill left, and the battle lines are fairly clearly drawn. If town focus-fires mpolo (2x vigkills) and scum kills Lorenz, town has a win in the bag. If scum kills Mulan, with mpolo carrying out the kill + roleblocking webby and Silknor roleblocking Chandani, a town loss is almost assured.

Night 3
DaBigCheez, Oct. 27, 10 AM PST
Aaaaand Silknor’s killing mpolo.

/popcorn

Now, if it comes down to Chandani vs. webby+Silknor, things will get somewhat interesting - will they pick up on the hints that Chandani isn’t really dead after the lynch, or will they figure something odd is going on and try to kill one another...since they know each other are friendly, it’ll probably be fine, but we’ll see!

Day 4
Aaeriele, Oct. 29, 12:45 PM PST
Wow, did we really make it to Day 4? Color me surprised, based on the Day 1... not to mention how things were looking at the start of Day 3.
Now that we’re here, though, it’s clear that one way or another, Chandani (and thus scum) are going to win - it’s pretty much impossible for them to lose at this point, unless they literally do EVERYTHING wrong (Chandani gets themself lynched today, then webby kills Chandani during the night, and Chandani - who wouldn’t be dead yet due to their first-death-immunity, then decides to kill Lorenz during the night).
So basically, barring the extremely unlikely possibility of Chandani somehow still managing to lose at the last minute, what mostly remains is just the question of whether or not Lorenz will win as well, by lynching webby today.
If webby doesn’t get lynched today, there are some pretty funny potential outcomes - for instance, if Chandani gets lynched today, but then webby and Chandani both kill each other in the night, then literally everyone will get at least a half-win (and both scum AND regular town would get full wins for eliminating the other faction).

Aaeriele, Oct. 29, 7 PM PST
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat’s all, folks. As expected, after Lorenz finally figured out what was going on with Mushu, his vote came quickly afterwards, and of course Chandani wasn’t going to pass up a chance to lynch town.

Overall, it’s been quite an interesting game.
Changes its form depending on the observer.
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:47 am UTC

Wow Deva, thank you very much. And you preserved the formating, that really goes above and beyond. Thanks.

Aaeriele wrote:This assumes that a townie would be lynched at LyLo, which is not necessarily the case - and thus there's a trade-off between voting early and voting accurately.
Very true, my mistake. Hmm, I'm not sure what the results of "list b" would be then. I'd be willing to play a game with that rule and see how it goes.
BoomFrog

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:52 am UTC

Wow, I love the whole Mulan/Mushu/GSD dynamic. Pity I didn't actually get to be involved in that....but seriously guys, you let Boomfrog lead a lynch on me? What were you guys thinking?!?

Very well written, but it was a pity I couldn't appreciate the flavour like some others might. Will definitely sign up for your next game!
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:47 am UTC

Come on, D1 you didn't even call me scummy for voting you. Only Webby really picked up on it D1. And no one even went for me D2. Although I bet AS would have if she'd been alive.
BoomFrog

Previous

Return to Mafia