[L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby Angua » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:37 am UTC

There are too many bluffs and double bluffs going on with FaoT and PE - I'd like to see both of them lynched, but I don't know who more. Also, if FaoT is the last remaining member of Dog's gang, then that should cut down on a NK (a good thing), but I also feel that lowers our likelihood of one of the NKs hitting Harry's gang (another good thing).
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby roband » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:09 am UTC

Oh, it's deadline day!

12 hours til deadline.

I'm not sure what 'cut-off' slbub is referring to. There have been no more threats of modkills since Lorenz was done in.
If someone is lurking, inform me so I can prod them.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby roband » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:24 am UTC

Votals
FAOT 5 (BoomFrog, RoadieRich, Mav, Angua, FAOT)
slbub 1 ( PhoenixEnigma)
PhoenixEnigma 2 (DBC, slbub)
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:10 pm UTC

I think that my preference is to let the FAOT lynch go through, and hope that someone with a kill takes care of PhoenixEnigma, who looked more like a jester than FAOT (at least up to his last post).

So, if "Day End" were a valid vote, I would vote that. The wine about jesterdom is enough to have me not place an additional vote of FAOT.
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:28 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:As there is that shadow of a specter of jesterdom, I'd be happier leaving FAOT as the last vote on himself.

You think that it's going to be that easy?

Unvote

You know, Angry Mav = Scummy Mav. We should lynch her before she carries out her 'scummy' act.
ForAllOfThis

Postby slbub » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:38 pm UTC

The cutoff date I was referring to was the deadline, I didn't know if any lurkers would be mod-killed at the deadline the same as your halfway through the week deadline. Will there be mod-kills on lurkers if they don't post by the deadline?
slbub

Postby roband » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:46 pm UTC

slbub wrote:The cutoff date I was referring to was the deadline, I didn't know if any lurkers would be mod-killed at the deadline the same as your halfway through the week deadline. Will there be mod-kills on lurkers if they don't post by the deadline?

I shall assume this was bolded and aimed at me.

As I have not threatened to modkill people, there will be no modkills at the end of this day.

If someone is not posting, TELL ME WHO.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Mavketl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:53 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:You know, Angry Mav = Scummy Mav.
People keep trying that. It keeps being stupid. YES I'M TAKING THE BAIT. Fuck you. :P
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby greenlover » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:55 pm UTC

The most glorious mod wrote:If someone is not posting, TELL ME WHO.

Not me! Not me! :D

I'm here, I'm here. Finally. Only 12 hours til deadline? My, my, I'm cutting things close.

So, I would personally rather have FAOT lynch rather than a PE lynch, as FAOT seems extremely anti my faction, and also anti town. Thus,

Vote: FAOT

I'm skeptical of FAOT's claim that he is the last remaining member of his faction. slbub seems to have linked himself to FAOT and his goals pretty thoroughly, along with _infina_. Of course, the way I see things is pro the survivor group, or anti the survivor group. However, so far, only 2 members of Dog's gang have died? I believe the original role spec suggested groups of 4.

Also, I might require a replacement in the near future, as I am unsure if I can do justice to my games and still keep up with my obligations.
greenlover

Postby roband » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:58 pm UTC

I will spend the upcoming night period to scout potential replacements, if none are found then for the rest of the game anyone who I deem inactive enough will just be modkilled straight up
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:32 pm UTC

Any chance we could get a hammer around here? This day is dragging on way too long. :D
ForAllOfThis

Postby Angua » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:44 pm UTC

I'm beginning to wonder if you only win if you get hammered as a jester....
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 pm UTC

Angua wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if you only win if you get hammered as a jester....

Yes but I know that you know that. That would mean I don't want you to hammer me. :D
ForAllOfThis

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Night 3

Postby roband » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:45 pm UTC

Deadline was... some time in the past. FAOT was lynched. His role will be revealed in the morning.

4 days for night.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Night 3

Postby roband » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:53 pm UTC

There is a twelve hour extension to the current night, for no other reason than it works out better for me.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 4

Postby roband » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 am UTC

Lorenz was modkilled. He was Barry the Baptist, second-in-command of Harry's gang. He had a roleblock ability.

FAOT was lynched. He was Dog. Leader of Dog's gang. No abilities of which he was aware.

Another night, more gunshots, strangled shouts and wails of pain.
Two bodies this morning.

mpolo is dead. He was Big Chris, part of Harry's gang. He had the ability to block the use of Nick's gift, if he could find the person using it, and would gain an extra win for doing so.
A big guy he was. Musta taken him by surprise to leave 'im lookin' like that...
webby is dead. He was Plank, part of Dog's gang. He had a character cop ability.
No-one really liked this guy, but he was useful. Not anymore though. Hard to be a quick talker when you ain't ever talking again.

Day 4 starts now. I will set a deadline if I decide you need one.

9 players remain, so it's 5 to lynch.
Last edited by roband on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby roband » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:53 am UTC

Mav stands up, bringing with her a gun she finds lying on the floor. She levels the weapon, pulls the trigger and strafes her aim across the body of PhoenixEnigma.

PhoenixEnigma is dead. He was Nathan, part of Rory's gang. He was the secondary BG for Rory Breaker.

Rory's gang has been eliminated. Their win condition was for Rory to be the last man standing, with or without his bodyguards.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:59 am UTC

Well that explains PE's odd behavior, it was impossible for him to win at that point.

Mav, was that gun a gift from Nick?

I think I count 4 dead dogs. GoP, FAOT, Webby, searching... Ahh right, GoJoe. Just to make sure...

Has dog's gang been eliminated?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby roband » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:02 pm UTC

So it has. I apologise.

Dog's gang has been eliminated. Their win condition was the removal of all other ‘aggressive’ factions.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Angua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:17 pm UTC

Ok, we have 8 players left now that Mav killed PE.

RoadieRich
greenlover - winston
DaBigCheez
BoomFrog
slbub
Angua
Mavketl - winston
Chandani

We should have 3 gangs left - Harry (3?), Eddie (2?) and Winston (3?). I'm guessing Mav had one of Nick's gifts as she found the gun on the floor. We were possibly lucky that Lorenz got mod-killed, otherwise we'd have all 4 of Harry's gang left.

My laptop is still down, so I'll have limited reading time (getting on the internet is easy, staying on long enough to do a proper read though as well as writing an essay is not), but should still be able to post relatively frequently.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:24 pm UTC

If Rory's gang had a factional power such as a NK would we have been informed about it?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby roband » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:26 pm UTC

As has been shown, you will be told when a gang is eliminated. You will also be told the gang's win condition. That is all you will be told.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Mav, was that gun a gift from Nick?
No. I had a one-shot vig. I was getting anxious about surviving for much longer, so I decided early on D3 that I would use it in N4. I hadn't figured out my target yet. That is when I made my "I might look a little scummy in the morning" post, since I couldn't be sure to hit scum of course.

But then PE took a walk on the weird side, so I had a clear target.

Angua wrote:We should have 3 gangs left - Harry (3?), Eddie (2?) and Winston (3?). I'm guessing Mav had one of Nick's gifts as she found the gun on the floor. We were possibly lucky that Lorenz got mod-killed, otherwise we'd have all 4 of Harry's gang left.
mpolo was part of Harry's gang.
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:43 pm UTC

Two of Harry's gang are dead. Mpolo was also part of Harry's gang. And Rory's gang was three so Harry might be alone right now. If Winston's gang is only two then that leaves room for another gang of 3. Although they may not be aggressive.
BoomFrog

Postby Angua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 pm UTC

Ah - I see I missed mpolo getting killed too. I guess it's possible that we have another gang, or it could be that Winston's gang is 4 strong like everyone else.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:35 am UTC

Well I'm pretty sure Winston's gang are really survivors. It makes sense from the movie plot perspective and it makes sense if the goal is to eliminate aggresive factions there must be at least one non-aggresive faction.

Well there's a bunch of people who aren't posting, and that happens to match my scummy list pretty well. Chandani has been pinging me, she's been happy to jump on board pretty much any lynch then fade into the background.

Vote Chandani
BoomFrog

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:17 pm UTC

BoomFrog, what do you think of slbub? Basically, if I forced you to pick either "town" or "scum" on them, which would you choose?
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:15 am UTC

Alright, I'm going to assume that we can win together and you're not playing me. I think slbub isn't as bad as some of the others but I'd put him on the scummy side of neutral right now.
BoomFrog

Postby Angua » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:32 am UTC

I'm going to be away for all of Friday and most of Saturday, so if you do a 48 hour thing, I might not manage to make it
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby roband » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:53 am UTC

Angua wrote:I'm going to be away for all of Friday and most of Saturday, so if you do a 48 hour thing, I might not manage to make it

Just try to be contentful before you leave and when you get back, that shouldn't be a problem.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Angua » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:55 am UTC

Ok, so we have left:
RoadieRich
greenlover - winston
DaBigCheez
BoomFrog
slbub
Angua
Mavketl - winston
Chandani

Activity on D3 was
RoadieRich111111
greenlover111111
DaBigCheez111
BoomFrog1111111
slbub1111
Angua 11111111111
Mavketl11111111
Chandani11

So, Chandani only had 2 posts, and one of them was them saying that they were going to post their second post in a bit (which had analysis on 3 players). DBC was disappointingly quiet yesterday, and slbub said not much either. Roadie-rich and greenlover bost posted a fair amount of content, with me, bf and mav spending the most amount of time posting.

Chandani - more posting would be good from you- you haven't given us much all game and have basically been flying under the radar. DBC's posts seemed to be more contentful than slbub's (though I haven't read through eithers with anywhere near a fine tooth comb). Much of greenlover's posting was them convincing us that they are actually who they say they are (Winston's gang). Roadie rich started out with lots of content at the beginning of the day, then dropped down, but I'm willing to let that slide for now as the beginning of the day pretty much made up for it. Mav has claimed Winston's gang as well, which I'm willing to go along with for the moment, and she's given us a lot of good content. Boomfrog has also posted a lot of fairly good posts.

So, FoS Chandani - I'm not going to vote because it could lead to a bandwagon quickly.

Vote: slbub
Mainly because I think their posts are slightly worse than DBC's after going back and reading both's from yesterday. However, IGMEOY DBC

Note - this post is hopefully to get some content out of the chronic lurkers - there aren't many of us left now, and so we have to get them posting more in order to actually make some good, informed choices.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Mavketl » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:04 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Alright, I'm going to assume that we can win together and you're not playing me. I think slbub isn't as bad as some of the others but I'd put him on the scummy side of neutral right now.
Good enough for me.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:53 am UTC

Well, I belive Mav and GL are neutral, and I think two of Angua, DBC and RR are probably town or also in Winston's gang. I think we'll have either won or lost after this lynch but I'm pretty sure it's a win for town.

Unvote
Vote Slbub
BoomFrog

Postby roband » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:06 am UTC

Votals:

slbub 3 (BoomFrog, Angua, Mav)

5 votes required to lynch.
Last edited by roband on Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby greenlover » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:30 pm UTC

slbub played pretty anti-survivor yesterday, so I'm pretty cool with a slbub lynch.

Also - BF, if you still want those rolenames, I have them. I'm not really sure if there is any point in bringing them up at this point.
greenlover

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:21 pm UTC

I think I'm ok with a slbub lynch too - see the points I made yesterday, but I'm not going to hammer this early - we're not going to get any content from lurkers during the night.

I'm a little worried about the speed of today's lynch.

Chandani hasn't posted since the 6th - 11 days ago.
roband wrote:Mav is a cow.

UniJam 2012: Inter-university Games Jam hosted by Nottingham Trent University DevSoc.
nlug: Nottingham Linux User Group
DevSoc: The Nottingham Trent University Software Development Society
RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby roband » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:25 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:Chandani hasn't posted since the 6th - 11 days ago.

Seriously? I've sent a modprod.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Mavketl » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:45 pm UTC

BoomFrog: I'm (obviously) fairly convinced you're town. You should consider telling us the name of at least one of your team mates in the event of your nightly demise. Ya know, so the survivors can vote with town.

(It probably doesn't matter much for us, but it might for you. Your decision, anyway.)
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Chandani » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:53 am UTC

I've seen modprod. Will post tommorrow (do not have time to post anything major right now)
Chandani

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:28 am UTC

Mavketl wrote:BoomFrog: I'm (obviously) fairly convinced you're town. You should consider telling us the name of at least one of your team mates in the event of your nightly demise. Ya know, so the survivors can vote with town.

(It probably doesn't matter much for us, but it might for you. Your decision, anyway.)

I've considered revealing some of my private info and I've considered asking you about yours but I don't think its really going to affect the outcome of the game.

Since there's probably no one who wants you guys dead I think you should all claim. I don't see why you haven't.
BoomFrog

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia