OllieGarkey wrote:The Human Race in Star Wars is far more advanced than the Human Race in Star Trek. Our homeworld probably went nova a long time ago in Star Wars.
If you go back in time in the SW universe to just after humans discovered FTL Technology (Would that be before the Great Hyperspace War?) then things would be much more even.
Even so, Romulan decloak-strikes with disruptor weapons combined with Federation phasing cloak (The Federation has it, but can't deploy it by treaty) could probably catch the federation and Romulans a hyperspace-capable vessel fairly quickly. Thanks to replicator technology, which the empire DOESN'T have, industrial replicators would have the Alpha Quadrant stamping out hyperspace-capable, re-armed ships within weeks.
And I don't think stormtroopers would do well against Klingon shock troops.
The easiest way to take control of an Imperial Star Destroyer? Phase-Cloak a photon torpedo, let it float into the vessels bridge, and detonate it. Meanwhile, Phase-Cloaked assault shuttles drop Klingon and Federation shock troops inside.
First you say that two million years before A New Hope is a better comparison for ST, and then you say ST has better tech than the Empire.
1. Disruptors in star wars are portable, although organic based. Disruptors in ST are more akin to anti matter bombs. Inflated.
2. The Empire has cloak tech which renders them entirely invisible, and invincible. On a personal scale, they are not invincible, but invisible.
3. Disruptor weapons and phase torps cannot even dent an ISDs shields.
4. ISD docks and engineers are better than ST. It is just that the bureaucracy is bad.
5. Clones can be grown in a day.
6. Stormtroopers suffer from SMA. Klingon troops are not covered by SMA.
7. SMA is a plot element, so it doesn't count.
8. Weeks is a petty number. Days is more like it.
9. Reverse engineering the hyperdrive does not make ships ultra fast. Firstly, it would take months to accomplish something like that. Secondly, you need parts you do not have. Thirdly, reverse-engineering reduces the quality of the hyperdrive, so a 0.7 becomes a 5. Fourthly, it requires so much energy that with ST based-energy sources, it would be only plausible on the largest warships.
Stormtroopers are elite troops. SMA says it all.
10. Even anti meteor shields are strong enough to repel any ST weapon. Battleshields are practically impossible to penetrate. Armor is also very thick.
11. You can't just high-jack an ISD like that. The stormtrooper compliment is not on the bridge. Also, there are anti missle PD lasers, and tractor beams to stop the missle, which is just floating there.
By the way, is the a mass-produced ST ship with an energy output that would allow it to level a planet in an hour? Thats what a run-down ISD is.