[M] Doctor Who Mafia - Game over: Town wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [M] Doctor Who Mafia - Day 5: Back to the future

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:56 am UTC

Trying to weasel your way out, huh? Pretty convenient that you are on another day.

At this stage, I could bring Conman back to life, and see what they say, but the odds of them being anti-town is quite high. We still don't know who the dalek or the silence are, but it seems a bit likely that keeneal is one of them.

It is interesting that (I'm presuming) Weiyaoli only made the one kill. We cannot presume that it was scum now though.

Just checking, what happens at the end of day 5?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby Vieto » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:02 pm UTC

keeneal wrote:Are roles revealed upon lynch guaranteed to be true, accurate, and correct?

Yes.
Gopher of Pern wrote:Just checking, what happens at the end of day 5?

The moon crashes into clock town It loops back to a parallel but not separate D1.
a.k.a. Cazador
Vieto

Postby keeneal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:55 pm UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Trying to weasel your way out, huh? Pretty convenient that you are on another day.

I'd like to point out that when I moved, none of the votes were on Weiy - I had no idea that he was going to get lynched.
As an act of good faith, I'll put my D2 kill and D3 vote in the hands of the Town's consensus.
I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.Alex Keene
keeneal

Location: Glenside during the school year, Rising Sun in the summers, Lancaster in the in-between

Postby Mavketl » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:15 pm UTC

I got a little something extra with my role (a new ability, so to speak), which I think will solve the fixed point in time stuff. Checking things with the mod at the moment.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby keeneal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:26 pm UTC

Great!

BTW: I only have ~8 hours left in D2, so if ya'll want me to use my daykill, you should speak up. I'm less worried about it now that we know that the days cycle, but still.
keeneal

Location: Glenside during the school year, Rising Sun in the summers, Lancaster in the in-between

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:58 am UTC

Unfortunately due to amnesia I'm unable now unable to discuss the power I mentioned yesterday, but I should be dead come tomorrow unless a medic is able to help me. I'm now very worried about keeneal. I still have a daycop today, who should I be targetting? I'm guessing I can't target keeneal with them being in the past. Gopher maybe?
ForAllOfThis

Postby Chandani » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 am UTC

That seems like the only option at this time, so go for it.
Chandani

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:44 am UTC

I'm fine with that, but you wont learn anything I haven't already told you.

Why will you be dead? Using that power you mentioned yesterday?

keeneal, do you have any idea why you might cop conman as The Master? You obviously copped Webby alright.

At this stage, it looks like the might just be the dalek and the silence out there. Someone mentioned naive cops, so might some people be copped as something related to their role? Umm, im not making sense here. Might someone be copped as a benign character, related to their scum role?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby keeneal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:01 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:keeneal, do you have any idea why you might cop conman as The Master? You obviously copped Webby alright.
I can see it, yeah. I told you that I got a letter from the Master with my role PM. It would have made River very angry, I'm sure. My cop result also implied that I wouldn't know the Master if I saw him, so I'm thinking maybe it was a "blinded by rage" kind of thing. It's shaky at best, but that's what I've got.

The only other thing is that we know that this is a moderate-bastardry game. It might be that I'm a paranoid Cop, and the Mod messed with my result on Webby to make me think I was sane.
keeneal

Postby keeneal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:02 am UTC

ebwop: I've got like less than an hour to use this kill, btw. I don't think we'll reach consensus at this point, so I'd like to hear discussion about who I should vote for on D3.
keeneal

Postby Chandani » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:04 am UTC

It's possible. There was some talk about how Winston Churcill could be a Dalek or something, since they were linked, though I doubt that would happen.
It would be hard in canon, I think, since any connection to a benign character would be stated. Like the Master could have been copped as Harold Saxon or Professor Yana, but it's known that both of them are actually the Master. (This could be an option for why ConMan was copped as the Master, since he might have been one of them?) I can't think of anything else, other than a killer River Song being copped as a nice River Song or Melody Song or something like that (not to be meant as a jab at keeneal, but general thoughts).

@keeneal: Maybe you interpret humans as being the Master (or, at least, humanoid creatures)? The Weeping Angels are pretty obviously the Weeping Angels. Plus, River knows what they look like, too. Maybe any character she hasn't met that is humanoid would be considered the Master?
Also, maybe wait until Mav comes back with how she can do stuff. Can you travel forward in time as well?
Chandani

Postby keeneal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:13 am UTC

I can use my vortex-manipulator to move through time however I chose, but can only use it once per day.
keeneal

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:14 am UTC

Gopher copped jack harkness.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Vieto » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:09 am UTC

With a dramatic, sonic-y explosion, the fixed time-point has been greased and is canceled
a.k.a. Cazador
Vieto

Postby keeneal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:55 pm UTC

...huh? "greased"?
keeneal

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:35 pm UTC

So, presumably we don't need to wait for Mav to die anymore. So I guess we should be hunting down the last scum.

So far, we have 2 dead mafia, 1 dead SK, and 1 unknown dead person. 3 anti-town out of 10 players seems reasonable, but it seems like there is some more out there, either anti-town, or has a win condition against certain town.

My thoughts on conmans copping is more along the lines of The Master's kill making the dead person look like the Master. Is there any in-canon explanation for this? (Such as, people often assuming the master is dead?) I was just seeing what you came up with.

Does anyone think I should revive Conman? Or should we let them lie? The other option is to let keeneal kill someone, and if we dont win, I can bring them back.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby Angua » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:18 am UTC

Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't post yesterday - I've been really really ill. Looks like a lot happened while I was gone - good job on nabbing weiyaoli. Were people giving full roleclaims, or was it just those that weren't copped (I haven't eaten in 2 days so it's making it hard to concentrate). If you want me to role claim, then I'll be happy to.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Vieto » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:43 pm UTC

Deadline is Monday, 10pm EST
a.k.a. Cazador
Vieto

Postby keeneal » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:25 pm UTC

I've lost track.

According to your count, what Day am I on?
keeneal

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:46 am UTC

keeneal wrote:I've lost track.

According to your count, what Day am I on?

oh, sorry, I should have updated you.
Keeneal is on D3, and will be on D4 when D5 is finished.
a.k.a. Cazador
Vieto

Postby keeneal » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:07 am UTC

thanks

oookay. If I recall correctly, D3 is The Day of No Voting - if the Town is looking for a quick kill, I'm available. However, it seems to me that discussion has stagnated over the past day or two... so I may just be hanging out here for a while.
keeneal

Postby Mavketl » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:03 pm UTC

Sorry for the absence.

D3 has those tied votes still. I for one wouldn't complain if you decided to lynch Angua, but it's your decision. I've been considering to hop over to D3 and do it myself, but
1) I'm not overly fond of going against town consensus and the wine/drama it will create
2) I'm anxious of using time travel and then not having it at my disposal when something more important comes up.

I think GoP's plan is actually rather good - don't revive Conman, but keep it until a known townie dies. I had some suspicions of The Master regenerating in another body (Conman was really the Master, and when he died weiyaoli became the master), but it wouldn't be parallel to my own regeneration mechanic (as far as I know, I just regenerate into another doctor, but it should still be me and not another player). So I don't know, but I'd rather not risk it :P

GoP, the revive doesn't work on lynch targets right? Just making sure. That would be most convenient.
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Angua » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:42 pm UTC

Ok, I'm finally beginning to feel a bit better - (lots of cups of tea ftw) so I'll try and do some analysis.

First, don't lynch me (I'm really sorry for not posting, but I didn't actually eat anything in 67 hours so I had no energy for trying to sort my way through stuff)! Second, what exactly is a mafia traitor? They seem to work with the mafia but the mafia doesn't know who they are (mafiascum is down for me atm, so I'm using the definition on wikipedia)? And as weiyaoli was an sk as well, where were their kills (unless the silence was weiyaoli, which would make sense if they started out as a normal SK, then got turned into the master after killing him)?

Moving on from that as it probably doesn't matter all that much - we seem to have had independent scum which has probably acted to balance out the fact that we seem to have so many of them (conman, weiyoali, greenlover, webby and presumably at least one more as the game's still going) (here I'm counting weiyaoli as an independent scum, conman and greenlover were probably at least linked in as much that conman probably knew who greenlover was from what the mafia-traitor role seems to entail, and webby was definitely just an SK). I'm guessing that there is only one scum left - GoP, Keeneal or Chandani (since Mav is basically confirmed Doctor now, and I"m pretty sure FaoT is town as well, as they seem to have been the one to manage to fix the who paradox mess, though I guess we'll tell tomorrow, if they don't die).

As for GoP, keeneal, and Chandani - my gut seems to think that either Chandani is scum (as Harriet Jones seems to be rather weak), or keeneal, as they seemed to rush the time travel to go back and possibly lynch Mav. I know that they've claimed River Song (who flavour-wise is the one who is supposed to kill the doctor) so it could be that instead of having a win-condition of the doctor being alive at the end of the game, their win is actually based on lynching the doctor. Webby said that they were able to false-claim Amy (and we haven't had someone else claim Amy now that we've all had role-claims out), so it's possible that keeneal could even be the dalek (as dalek's can time travel) and has been given the identity of River Song as a cover.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Vieto » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:05 pm UTC

10 hours to deadline, 0 votes.
a.k.a. Cazador
Vieto

Postby Mavketl » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:42 pm UTC

For me, it's between Chandani and Angua.

Vote: Angua

I could be convinced to switch that to Chandani, but not by "don't lynch me" without even any reasons not to.
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Angua » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:55 pm UTC

Well, for one, that 'don't lynch me' was pointed at keeneal, who you seemed to be telling to lynch me on D3, not for not lynching me now. Two, I don't really see any good reason for you to want to lynch me, besides you not liking me finding you scummy on D2 and D3 - you really do seem to hold a grudge. Three, I've given my reasons to be suspicious of keeneal and Chandani, but you seem to forgetting about it (ie making it seem like the only thing I said was don't lynch me)

I'm sick and tired of this crusade against me.

vote: Chandani
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:32 pm UTC

Why not lynch both? Keeneal can lynch Angua on Day3, and we can lynch Chandani on day 5.

Vote: Chandani
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:08 pm UTC

Seems like a good a plan as any. I still think it's more likely Keeneal is somehow tied to us not winning, and Anguas reasoning along "River has to kill the doctor" seems likely. Basically keeneal would be my ideal lynch candidate, if they weren't in day three. Saying that, Harriet seems more likely to be scum than Winston so..

Vote: Chandani
ForAllOfThis

Postby Mavketl » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:11 pm UTC

Works for me! Not changing my vote because hammer.
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby keeneal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:29 am UTC

As you wish.

VOTE: Angua D3

As for flavor, I'd like to remind everyone that once River learns that she has to kill the Doctor,
Spoiler:
she literally tries to sacrafice Time itself to prevent it from happening.
keeneal

Postby keeneal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:30 am UTC

ebwop:

that should kill Anuga retroactively, meaning there's one less vote on Chandani now. FYI.
keeneal

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:37 am UTC

Angua has been lynched on D3. Angua was the Dalek, a mafia traitor who was actually a SK.
GAME OVER: TOWN WINS (That is, Mavketl, Gopher of Pern, FaoT, Keeneal, and Chandini.)
and even before Chandini was lynched, I believe that's the game. Conclusion coming up in the next few hours, as well as the roles and action-list.
Feel free to read spoilers now. Link in first post.
a.k.a. Cazador
Vieto

Re: [M] Doctor Who Mafia - Game over: Town wins

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:48 am UTC

As the gallows were dropped on Chandini, a time-shift occured, causing everyone to notice that Angua, the Dalek, was dead. FaoT (Rose) screamed, as she died from fright (and the time vortex), and the gallows fell on Chandini (Harriet Jones. All that were alive was Keeneal (River Song), Gopher of Pern (Jack Harkness) and Mavketl (The Doctor). as the doctor stepped into his Tardis, now fully prepared, with his new companions, he said one last parting word to the moon city, and as bombers began to break through the glass as D1 approached, the Tardis disappeared into time and space once more.

Role Spreadsheet: here
Role PMs and Action-list up to D4 to D5: here
a.k.a. Cazador
Vieto

Postby ConMan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:37 am UTC

Thanks, Vieto, for such an interesting game - even though I got killed rather early (because weiyaoli didn't notice my single post and thought I was lurking) I still had a part to play, albeit not much of one.

I'm glad I guessed right that the mafia were traitors, although I'm surprised there was one genuine one. I guess the idea was that the Dalek could kill off the other mafia, The Master could take the shots as a kind of jesterbomb-cult-survivor thing, and the Sontaran could recruit enough fellows to control the lynch to take out the other two if need be. It would have been interesting if we'd taken out a few more town power roles, and maybe even wound up with an all-mafia endgame (with some of us wondering why the game wasn't over ...)
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby keeneal » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:52 am UTC

Thanks, Vieto!
keeneal

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Great game, I had fun. First time as survivor, but I dont think anyone picked that. Did Angua attempt to kill anyone? Some of the other actions confused me, why would Weiy help the doctor? Didn't Weiy become the master?

Overall, it did seem quite easy for town, but that just might be how everyone played. I had no option really but to be town, as there was no way I could really help scum, at least, not without town knowing and then lynching me.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby roband » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 am UTC

This was fun to follow! Despite not knowing what was going on time-travel-wise, and being reminded of those horrible stone angels :/
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Angua » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:37 am UTC

My plan towards the end was to hope that keeneal didn't lynch me in time for it to be D3 any more (I thought vieto had said by the end of the day she would be in D4) and then I would be able to kill her and GoP as FaoT was going to die anyway, leaving me and Mav at an impasse (though I guess she could have gone back in time and killed me anyway).
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:15 am UTC

Did you not believe my claim of having a regeneration, Angua?

Anyway, I think this game was a little easy for town, but that could also be because we got really lucky early in the game. The first kill was scum, and we copped a Weeping Angel right away.
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Angua » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:20 am UTC

Mavketl wrote:Did you not believe my claim of having a regeneration, Angua?

Anyway, I think this game was a little easy for town, but that could also be because we got really lucky early in the game. The first kill was scum, and we copped a Weeping Angel right away.
I did - which is why you weren't on my list of people to kill?? By impasse I meant we would be the only two left in the game, so we'd have to vote for each other.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia