Lataro's Fun Game of Fun Game Over: Town (Finally) Wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D3: Mass Graves=Fun!

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:57 pm UTC

So we have two scum amongst three medics and one scum among two exorcist. We know that the medic is still town because he got a Medkit, and I know my partner is still town because his targets N1 and N2 are confirmed not-recruiter.

So although FAOT and Webby want to lynch eachother everyone else has a better shot at lynching scum amongst the medics. So, after Bantler claims let's all say which medic we would like to see lynched today. (wei is exempt from this exercise he is confirmed town).
If your afraid of the terrorists winning then the terrorists win.

Silas wrote:Nobody who gets paid by the hour invents a cotton gin.
BoomFrog

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D2: All Aboad for FUN!

Postby bantler » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:15 am UTC

I protected webby. Following up on my in-thread suggestion.

bantler wrote:And I’ve rethought my position on Mafia targets. I’d say they might go after the Exorcists. They know they won’t get Culted, and it keeps all the trees in the Medic-Forest they’ll be hiding in. Medics can choose between protecting the Cop or Exorcists to prevent Culting.
bantler

Postby webby » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:43 pm UTC

Boomfrog, weiyaoli, do any of the claims not make sense?

In terms of who to lynch, obviously I want to lynch FAOT. If I can convince you that there's a greater than 2/3 chance of him being scum, then it will be the right thing to do for you as well. Note that he claimed when he was forced to, while I claimed when it was decided that exorcists should claim. Also look at the fact that yesterday I was on a scum lynch (when I had a pretty decisive vote that could have gone with GoP), while he was on a town lynch. I think that should be enough to rule out mafia for me. As for the possibility of me being cult leader, I think the fact that I claimed exorcist when I had absolutely no need to do so (I never looked like getting lynched) makes that pretty unlikely. Town turned cult is impossible because exorcists can't turn cult and I would have had no reason to use my exorcism anyway.

So the only plausible way I could be scum is if I started out as scum and turned cult. FAOT, on the other hand, was considered suspicious enough day 1 to almost be lynched, and could be any of the above (minus town turned cult). I don't claim that all of those are equally likely possibilities, but I do think it makes him much more likely to be scum than me from a neutral perspective.

So that's who I want us to lynch, if you don't agree then I'll start considering which claimed medic to lynch.
webby

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:33 pm UTC

I agree with the others in lynching a medic makes more sense (from rest of towns PoV).

What I do know from this information, is at somepoint mafia has been culted. If GL/Mpolo are telling the truth then someone must have been culted last night to block the kill. If bantler is telling the truth, I know webby is scum (and so a protection wouldn't have blocked the kill, meaning mafia must have been recruited, and if webby is cult leader then bantler would have been recruited and not got an extra medpack which we know didnt happen).

What is good about that is now mafia know who cult is, so they will hopefully be after them.
ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 pm UTC

EBWOP:

bantler wrote:
ForAllOfThis wrote:Who did you protect?

Did the Mafia screw up and get themselves converted by targeting you last night?
If webby is the Cultist you can just purge him tonight, eh?

Why did you want me to use my exorcist power on someone you claimed you protected last night (and presuambly didn't get culted)?

BUSTED.
ForAllOfThis

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:07 am UTC

I'd like to hear from GL and mpolo on which of FAOT and Webby they think is scum and why.

Bantler: Why are you so sure FOAT is cult leader and not mafia?

@Webby: We need to figure out who is cult and who is mafia. If we can lynch mafia then we may stop the NK earlier and of course we have a kill that only works on cult so it's better to lynch mafia.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:08 am UTC

Oh, right:

Is it possible for a medic to have two medkits?

BoomFrog

Postby Lataro » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:28 am UTC

Yes.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:21 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I'd like to hear from GL and mpolo on which of FAOT and Webby they think is scum and why.

Up until very recently, I would have said webby without a lot of hesitation, based on his somewhat more quiet, background demeanor. However, I'm not sure how to read the recent exchange between FAOT and bantler. It seems like FAOT has found a real inconsistency in bantler's play. I suppose that from bantler's point of view, he was convinced that FAOT wasn't an exorcist, so was content to let him "waste" his "de-culting". But that seems to be pretty cocky play for town. I would like to hear from bantler before deciding on FAOT.
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby bantler » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:12 pm UTC

Webby wasn’t attacked last night. The lack of a 3rd claim led Mafia to assume that Metabot or Lorenz (modkilled) would soon be revealed as an Exorcist. That would’ve left FAOT dead without argument. With up to 3 medics acting, they left Boomfrog alone and just tried to hit someone safe. They screwed up and targeted Mpolo The Cultist. Now Greenlover is converted and Boy-Howdy! are he and FAOT smack-talking in PM.
bantler

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:10 am UTC

bantler wrote:Webby wasn’t attacked last night. The lack of a 3rd claim led Mafia to assume that Metabot or Lorenz (modkilled) would soon be revealed as an Exorcist. That would’ve left FAOT dead without argument. With up to 3 medics acting, they left Boomfrog alone and just tried to hit someone safe. They screwed up and targeted Mpolo The Cultist. Now Greenlover is converted and Boy-Howdy! are he and FAOT smack-talking in PM.

Why did you protect Webby if by this logic you knew that Webby would not be killed last night?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 am UTC

Can I vote for Silknor?

If I vote for silknor and no one else votes in this game will he be lynched in Rob's game?

BoomFrog

Postby roband » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:39 am UTC

lol, you can't vote for a player who isn't ALIVE. What a WASTE of a vote.
The death of Lady Diana was also predicted by Moby Dick.
roband
One Letter From A Gunslinger

Postby Lataro » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:25 pm UTC

lynch mechanic questions beyond what has been stated will not be answered.

Lataro

Postby bantler » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:06 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Why did you protect Webby if by this logic you knew that Webby would not be killed last night?

I didn't know the logic until after the reveal of the modkills. Mafia knew.

We are in a bit of trouble. Godfather has a painted target who will die with him.
If we lynch the GF tonight we'll lose. Cult and Mafia might fight it out at the end but I doubt they'll give town a chance.
We have to hit Cult or Goon today. It does appear that mpolo and FAOT are on different scum teams.
My Gut says mpolo is the Cultist.

TOWN:
BoomFrog
weiyaoli
webby
bantler

SCUM:
mpolo
greenlover
ForAllOfThis
bantler

Postby weiyaoli » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:20 pm UTC

I don't understand why you feel that webby is definitely town over FAOT. And your post absolutely failed to actually respond to FAOT's point at all.
And you thought I was crazy...
weiyaoli

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:30 pm UTC

It still doesn't explain why you tried to encourage me to use my exorcist power on webby when you claimed that you used your medic power the night before and was not recruited. Oh and how you were so sure that I was cult leader, and now conveniently you think mpolo is cult leader because it fits better with your claim. Then at the start of the day you were so sure that you had blocked the kill, and now your saying you didn't.

It's not adding up and I believe it's because you are lieing.
ForAllOfThis

Postby bantler » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:47 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:I don't understand why you feel that webby is definitely town over FAOT. And your post absolutely failed to actually respond to FAOT's point at all.

Webby has already succinctly spelled out the reasons for his innocence.
I admit to rudely accusing scum of being scum.

Note that neither of my counter-claimers are in any big hurry to hang me… I’m the last tree in the forest.
bantler

Postby bantler » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:37 pm UTC

webby wrote:No, it's just that I'm planning to withhold my exorcism until late in the game where I have a better idea of players' alignments and there are likely more cult. I decided on a threshold for using it, barring exceptional circumstances, of 5 players left, in the hope that I get two kills.

Are the circumstances exceptional tonight? If there are any recruits they must be mafia.
You're the only one safe to act tonight, even though you'll likely be blocked.
With two mafia left we'll have to guess correctly which one is the Godfather or we lose. (GF has to die last)
bantler

Postby bantler » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:47 pm UTC

I’ve penciled in mpolo as Cultist due to his hammer of a mafian. There is a fractional chance that he’s mafia-converted, but the kill still seems premature considering the infiltration.

If we lynch The Cultist tonight we are all free to use our powers one last time. Mafia can only block one and kill one, leaving us a good chance of deciphering the God Father.
bantler

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:06 am UTC

mpolo wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I'd like to hear from GL and mpolo on which of FAOT and Webby they think is scum and why.

Up until very recently, I would have said webby without a lot of hesitation, based on his somewhat more quiet, background demeanor. However, I'm not sure how to read the recent exchange between FAOT and bantler. It seems like FAOT has found a real inconsistency in bantler's play. I suppose that from bantler's point of view, he was convinced that FAOT wasn't an exorcist, so was content to let him "waste" his "de-culting". But that seems to be pretty cocky play for town. I would like to hear from bantler before deciding on FAOT.

I'm confused by your wording. Are you saying you thought FAOT was scummier but FAOT's accusation of Bantler made FAOT more townie? What's your opinion of Bantler's response?

Most likely there are two cult and one mafia left, so we really want to lynch the mafioso so that there will not be any more NK. Even if we kill the GodFather and lose one townie if there is no NK we should still win (depending on lynch bastardry).

If the GodFather gets culted would he show up as anti-town to the detective?

Who should we lynch? Everyone should express thier opinion. Maybe like so:

I really hope greenlover is lynched.

Vote Silknor

Don't vote too fast though, we don't want scum to speed hammer before the other game gets a good vote going as well.

BoomFrog

Postby Lataro » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 pm UTC

anyone culted becomes vanilla cult.

Lataro

Postby bantler » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:45 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Most likely there are two cult and one mafia left, so we really want to lynch the mafioso so that there will not be any more NK. Even if we kill the GodFather and lose one townie if there is no NK we should still win (depending on lynch bastardry).

We don't know why the NK's failed. There might not be 2 mafia conversions.

If there are 2 mafia left then killing the God-Father is auto-lose.
I admit there is the possibility that the final 3 scum would turn on each other (and all lose) rather than kill/convert the 3 townies first. I'm not pinning my hopes on those crumbs when we can just lynch the Cultist and probably win the whole pie.

I seriously hope mpolo wins the rope.
bantler

Postby bantler » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:07 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Who should we lynch? Everyone should express thier opinion. Maybe like so:

I really hope greenlover is lynched.

Vote Silknor

Don't vote too fast though, we don't want scum to speed hammer before the other game gets a good vote going as well.

Slow down. We already hung Silknor. Yesterday.

Sorry webby but you claimed on the same side as my role. And I’m betting on consistency.
I’m also mildly concerned that the bastardry today isn’t accurately defined.

vote: webby
bantler

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:24 pm UTC

I agree that the dead Silknor is a terrible person, but I can't vote for him again, he's dead. And I agree for once with bantler here. Webby is the biggest threat facing us that we can react to.

Vote: webby
mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:28 pm UTC

EBWOP: Leaving the obvious case of webby to the side, looking over bantler's list of suspects, I would have no problem with either of others (who are not me) being lynched, at least in principle. I need to look at this a little more carefully to see if one is more likely scum than the other, but I want to try to get my pumpkin pie done tonight so as to have less stress tomorrow.
mpolo

Postby bantler » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:54 pm UTC

Lataro wrote:anyone culted becomes vanilla cult.

Here’s a scenario:

Mafia picks a target and a person to carry out the kill.

Perhaps on N1 the Mafia Kill hit (or was directed onto) the Cultist. With a failed kill, the Mafia might’ve chosen the same person to carry it out on N2 (to test his allegiance). The second failure would be due to the Mafian being vanilla cult.
bantler

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:04 am UTC

I don't think there is anything more to be gained by withholding our info.
N1 Wei followed GoP and there was no targeting
N2 I copped Bantler and Wei followed me. I did not tell Wei my target ahead of time but D3 he knew it was Bantler. Bantler came up town.

As I think everyone know I belive FAOT is scum and Webby is town. As Webby said he had no reason to claim exorcist D2 if he was scum. If there had been two exorcist claims and we lynched FOAT and he turned up town webby would be in a very bad spot right now.

Bantler could be the godfather and from everyone but my view he could be the cult recruiter. However from just regular scumdar I think he is the real medic. He doesn't strike me as the subtle type and if he is scum and lying right now he is doing a very convincing act.

Wei is confirmed town unless by a very unlikely turn of events he was redirected N1 AND he succesfully guessed my target N2. This is so unlikely I'm done considering it right now.

We need to hit the reflector with the lynch before we get the godfather. I think FOAT is more likely to be the godfather based on how aggressive he was D1, since he wouldn't fear bieng high profile and thus bieng copped. That could just be his default playstyle but it's better then nothing.

I sure hope Mpolo get's lynched.

BoomFrog

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:35 pm UTC

I'll:

Vote: webby

So that we have a clear majority so scum can't come along and NL today by tying the votals.
weiyaoli

Postby webby » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:42 am UTC

I think Silknor is so scummy we should dig him up and lynch his body.

Vote: Silknor

He's confirmed scum, how can you not vote for him? :P
webby

Postby Lataro » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:36 am UTC

We've been cryptic, we've been blunt, and we've been nice about it.

This is the absolute final warning for the rest of the game.

webby, your vote is invalid. BF's was as well, he was told by PM however. If anyone makes any more posts that break game specific rule 3, they will be modkilled, no more warnings.

Lataro

Postby bantler » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:08 pm UTC

Can the host post the Votals and End Time?

Thanks
bantler

Postby Lataro » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:17 pm UTC

Votals:

webby - 3 - (bantler, mpolo, weiyaoli)

Deadline is tomorrow at ~5PM EST.

Lataro

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:21 pm UTC

Firstly:
Unvote
since there is zero risk of NLing since votes against the dead Silknor does not count. (Also the rule against voting for the same player)

Relevant claims:
Bantler: doctored webby last night.
Mpolo: Still two doctors left.
Greenlover: Doctored BF N1.

Okay we haven't had a scum NK in two nights now. Therefore there has been at least 1 scum recruit.

If mpolo is the medic, then both scum are recruited (or 1 scum recruited vanilla cult who was tasked to carry out the NK the second night which failed)
If bantler is the medic, then scum were recruited N1 and the possibilities are therefore then they targeted webby or the recruited member carried out the NK again. (or the other was recruited as well)
If greenlover is the medic, then scum were recruited N1/2 and all the possibilities above could have occurred.

Best case scenario from above is that we have 1 scum/2 cult (Scum then choosing to take out the vanilla cult I guess is a possibility which would also not make 3/2/1 auto lose for town).

A possibility though is that we have 2 scum recruited. In which case, it just further backs up why we shouldn't be lynching the claimed exorcists.

I'm still not folllowing why people think webby is towny for claiming when he did. I'm still not ruling out that he is either cult leader or cult turned scum. His claiming is not at all so obviously strange for scum/cult to do. Because of the nature of the exorcists claiming, there would be 1 scum/cult out of 3 people claiming. Therefore actually claiming second would have made him look much better than whoever was third and clearly ways above FAOT. Possibly getting 2 (3 if you include the possible vig kill last night actually or possibly recruiting the unknown vig if he is cult leader) town for 1 cult is very good when they know that the modkills are both town. I do agree that he probably isn't scum though.
weiyaoli

Postby Lataro » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:29 pm UTC

Two for webby, nothing else on the board.

Deadline in 32 minutes.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 pm UTC

Flavor in the morning, get night actions in ASAP.

No one was lynched.

Night 3 starts now!

Lataro

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun N3: Reverse Boredom

Postby Lataro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:47 pm UTC

As they learned of reverse lynching, they grew uncomfortable...

But being uncomfortable is FUN!

They slept fitfully, and in the end, all managed to gather again for the next day, wondering what kingly wonders it would bring!

Day Four starts now!

Deadline is, oh, lets say, 10 AM EST next Tuesday.

Oh, you can't post or chat til roband has started his Day Four!

Lataro

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby bantler » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:55 pm UTC

Failed again. Smells like all the mafia are converted. Can we start killing them now?

vote: Mpolo
bantler

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 am UTC

We don't know the lynch mechanics and your not making any sense at all Bantler, except pointing a finger and going Oh me yarm SCUM and following up with a vote without knowing the consequences.

Any lynch mechanics we should know about oh funly mod?

I still didn't use my power last night. I'll be waiting to hear what Wei has to say (and to choose a medic claiming order). It's hard to tell if the medic protected or if scum was recruited during the night.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lataro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:38 am UTC

Same as other thread, "Maybe"

Instead of asking for all the answers to just be given to ya'll, it'd go longer to show some initiative!

Lataro

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia