Lataro's Fun Game of Fun Game Over: Town (Finally) Wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby bantler » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:03 am UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:We don't know the lynch mechanics and your not making any sense at all Bantler, except pointing a finger and going Gee Willikers SCUM and following up with a vote without knowing the consequences.

Any lynch mechanics we should know about oh funly mod?

I still didn't use my power last night. I'll be waiting to hear what Wei has to say (and to choose a medic claiming order). It's hard to tell if the medic protected or if scum was recruited during the night.


I overestimated my stomach for bastardry. I'll just vote to kill scum unless the mods tell me otherwise.
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:16 am UTC

We're not getting any answers as to what the lynch bastardry is. Although I'm pretty sure I agree with Bantler on who the scum are, I suppose we should have everyone claim just to get more potential info out there. If no one object's I'll set the claim order again. (FOAT's objecting doesn't count as an objection). Wait, scratch that. Webby is the closest we have to confirmed town, he can set the claim order.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:42 pm UTC

Your a fricking idiot Boomfrog. There is 1/2 chance that Webby is scum still, he is by no means confirmed town (and I know he is scum). You and Wei are closer to confirmed town, so you or wei should be setting claim orders.
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby bantler » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:36 pm UTC

FAOT, I sincerely admire your efforts. Never say die.
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:38 pm UTC

I'm around, I just haven't posted because we're waiting for claim orders.
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby webby » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:12 pm UTC

Apologies for my absence. My proposed claim order:

Medics, then Cops, then Exorcists. I think this is the most logical because an exorcist claim could give a safer non-target for the cops to claim, while it's best to have the medics claim first because there are two scum there.

Within the categories, I propose greenlover, mpolo, bantler for the medics. I'm still not sure between these three, because I think bantler is a much better player than I originally gave him credit for, but that would be who I think is most to least likely to be scum.

Within the cops, I propose weiyaoli then Boomfrog, just because I think weiyaoli was more likely to act last night (he's the role cop, right?)

With me and FAOT I don't think it really matters who claims first.

Anyone object?
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:40 am UTC

I'm the rolecop and wei is the beat cop. Sounds fine though, we already privetly claimed to eachother so it's pretty moot.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby bantler » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:08 pm UTC

It’s cruel to force the sinners to lie before they die. I want to high-five them in a line and good-game their sportsmanship.
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Modprod GL?

I'm going on a vacation so will be posting sparsely for the next week.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby greenlover » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:41 pm UTC

Oh, yeah. I'm up for the claim. ::facepalm::

Anyway, since I was pretty confident that we don't have a mafia anymore (3 days of no kills? Yeah, I think the mafia is gone.), I did not use my action last night.
User avatar
greenlover
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby mpolo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:23 am UTC

I was a little paranoid about what to do. But I sent in a protect on Weiyaoli.

It is somewhat interesting that both of the claimed exorcists have been unwilling to try to exorcize the other. I suppose this means that they think that their counterpart is mafia, not cult. If this is correct, then someone must have blocked the kill.
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby bantler » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:21 am UTC

I didn't protect anyone. The Cultist can redirect on odd nights so it wasn't safe.
The falsifiers should've done their homework.
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:49 am UTC

I didn't target anyone for the same reason as Bantler. Wei said he targeted FAOT. I think there is a decent chance that he was culted last night. His reasons for picking FAOT are poor. Also I'm sure we have one mafia left at least because if we had 4 cult the game would be over already. Ideally we lynch mafia and don't hit the GF. I think GL is likely still mafia and that's why he wants us to think the mafia is eliminated already.

Vote GL


But ill move that to follow Webby if he wants.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:53 am UTC

We forgot to declare targets before nightfall yesterday. Sorry that that possibly led to a recruiting. Although I suspect that at least one mafia has been recruited.

Oh I just remembered that Silknor was scum and is lynched already. So GL might be right about no mafia left. But if that is true then I think we've won.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby bantler » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:26 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I didn't target anyone for the same reason as Bantler. Wei said he targeted FAOT. I think there is a decent chance that he was culted last night. His reasons for picking FAOT are poor. Also I'm sure we have one mafia left at least because if we had 4 cult the game would be over already. Ideally we lynch mafia and don't hit the GF. I think GL is likely still mafia and that's why he wants us to think the mafia is eliminated already.



Cultist is still the safest lynch. Mpolo is still the likeliest cult-scum for hammering Silknor (mafia). If Wei is culted he was redirected at some point.
The game will probably continue regardless of the number of cultists as long as the Exorcist is alive.

The other option is to lynch GL or FAOT and let Webby tag out Mpolo.
The wire is down now.
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:29 pm UTC

bantler wrote:Cultist is still the safest lynch. Mpolo is still the likeliest cult-scum for hammering Silknor (mafia). If Wei is culted he was redirected at some point.
The game will probably continue regardless of the number of cultists as long as the Exorcist is alive.

The other option is to lynch GL or FAOT and let Webby tag out Mpolo.
The wire is down now.

No matter how confident you are that webby is town over FAOT, it is for the reason above that we should not be lynching FAOT or webby now. If we accidentally lynch the exorcist today, not only would that equal a town loss no matter what we do, it is stupid when you consider the fact that if we carry on and lynch a cultist and there is a successful exorcist kill, we can then afford to lynch both of them. (to be extra safe)

As for there being 1 scum left BF, you also have to consider the fact that if there were 4 cult right now, there is still possible lynch bastardry in play that would prevent an automatic cult win. Also BF, since you copped bantler as town and he claimed no protection last night, you must also know (barring that bantler was the GF) that there cannot be a scum faction remaining. There is literally no other way for the scum kill to have failed last night.

Therefore:
Vote: Greenlover
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby bantler » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:41 pm UTC

Scum may have failed to send in a kill (to prevent culting) or been redirected into cult.

I'm ok to lynch GL if webby cleanses Mpolo.
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:03 pm UTC

bantler wrote:Scum may have failed to send in a kill (to prevent culting) or been redirected into cult.

I'm ok to lynch GL if webby cleanses Mpolo.

Second would have culted scum leading to the same scenario of no scum faction.

For the first, I just think that scum cannot win this game by not killing on odd nights. If there is only one scum left, then killing would be win-win as far as I can see. If they get culted, then that brings them onto the more likely to win cult faction. They would need to kill because they lose as soon as either cult or town gains a large majority (i.e. more than 2) since the majority would then be free to lynch off the other faction (barring obvious bastardry involved) and then scum for sure. Not killing essentially means that they are just sitting back and waiting to lose. (possible I guess, but no one seems to have just given up)
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby mpolo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 pm UTC

Vote: Greenlover

I wouldn't object to an FAOT lynch either. I don't like the way bantler is leading the town today. (Or that we have no idea what the lynch mechanism is…)
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby Lataro » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:42 pm UTC

I'd post votals, but they don't matter today.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby webby » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 pm UTC

Before I come to any conclusions here - Boomfrog/weiyaoli, what was weiyaoli's claimed result on me (if he was indeed culted he won't know the right claim)?

I'm curious to see what 'the votals don't matter today' means. Possibilities - one person has control over the lynch, the events in this game have no impact on the lynch, the lynch is random. Any other ideas?
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby roband » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:36 pm UTC

Vote: Greenlover
User avatar
roband
One Letter From A Gunslinger
 
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby Lataro » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:39 pm UTC

When night comes, be quick with your actions, you can even pre-send them now based conditionally on who or what is lynched.

Basically, this game is going to really speed up after this day, not only because of the huge lurking and lack of posting, but because I'm moving in two weeks from today.
Last edited by Lataro on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby roband » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:40 pm UTC

Lataro wrote:When night comes, be quick with your actions, you can even pre-send them know


*now

Typos aren't fun Lataro, c'mon bro ;)
User avatar
roband
One Letter From A Gunslinger
 
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby webby » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:25 am UTC

webby wrote:Before I come to any conclusions here - Boomfrog/weiyaoli, what was weiyaoli's claimed result on me (if he was indeed culted he won't know the right claim)?

I'm curious to see what 'the votals don't matter today' means. Possibilities - one person has control over the lynch, the events in this game have no impact on the lynch, the lynch is random. Any other ideas?


Oops, just realised I misread Boomfrog's post, for some reason I assumed he targetted me rather than FAOT. That was a weird thing to do weiyaoli? What result did you get? Boomfrog, I would suggest copping weiyaoli tonight - there's no chance of you getting redirected because it's an even night and weiyaoli is the only person guaranteed not to be the cult leader and he's also guaranteed not to be the godfather.

Also we should be cautious in ruling out scenarios because 'otherwise the game would be over'. With weirdness in voting, I don't think this game will be over until the last town or scum is eliminated.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby bantler » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:54 pm UTC

Unvote: mpolo
Vote: greenlover


It’s an even night, so the Exorcist can kill the Cultist with impunity from the redirect.
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:12 pm UTC

Bantler: exorcist is immune to the cult redirect anyhow.

Webby: He got no results. Choosing FAOT as his target seemed odd to me as well which is why I suspected he may be culted. I'm less suspicious now then before due to a PM he sent me. I think we have to play as if he is still town for now, but I just wanted my suspicion out there for you tomorrow in case I die.

Vote Greenlover

I suspect that cult recruited mafia N1, then the mafia kill failed N2 or there was a second recruiting. And N3 the last mafia withheld due to fear.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby Lataro » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:58 pm UTC

Greenlover has been lynched by roband's Kingmaker, weiyaoli.

Night Four starts now, be extra prompt please!
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun N4: Dead Dude

Postby Lataro » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:19 pm UTC

They had completely ignored the hints of the previous day, and when they learned their king had taken action, they were surprised.

Greenlover was lynched, he was vanilla cult.


As they awoke, they wondered briefly, if today would be any fun.

Six alive, deadline is Sunday Noon EST.


Day Five starts when roband has started his Day Five.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D4: Wonderland!

Postby bantler » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm UTC

Your're dragging this out Webby. I suppose with some luck FAOT is converted and you can pick him off tonight.

vote: mpolo

BoomFrog wrote:Bantler: exorcist is immune to the cult redirect anyhow.

Immune but still blocked.
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:14 pm UTC

I used my power last night on bantler, he's not cult (and I am now vanilla). I don't know what to think now (especially as I was pretty convinced bantler was cult).

Mod: What was greenlovers role before he was culted?
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:15 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:I used my power last night on bantler, he's not cult (and I am now vanilla). I don't know what to think now (especially as I was pretty convinced bantler was cult).

Mod: What was greenlovers role before he was culted?

Why did you do this? Did you not read that I had said that BF had copped bantler as town pretty recently?
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby bantler » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:33 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:Why did you do this? Did you not read that I had said that BF had copped bantler as town pretty recently?

(He didn't...Webby is the exorcist...)
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby Lataro » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:51 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:I used my power last night on bantler, he's not cult (and I am now vanilla). I don't know what to think now (especially as I was pretty convinced bantler was cult).

Mod: What was greenlovers role before he was culted?


There is no before cult, once you have had fun with a cult, your old life is non-existent to you!
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:58 pm UTC

To be honest I didn't really read the thread yesterday as I didn't have much to add and have had a lot of work on this week, so completely missed that BF had copped webby. The game has dragged on for too long considering there was effectively two games (I made the same mistake with assassins creedia which should have been shorter), with making the lynches increasingly harder for us at some point I just stopped caring. Every comment I make is met with people putting fingers in their ears and going "LA LA LA SCUM" (mainly BF and Bantler) so there is even less incentive. My opinions haven't changed much since a few days ago anyway (except of bantler now). Webby is still scum/cult. Mpolo must be scum as well.

At least I know BF is more likely telling the truth about bantler and definitely wasnt culted from that cop, meaning that there is less chance he has been culted in general.

Vote: Mpolo
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby bantler » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm UTC

Hey Mod…are there any peculiar lynch mechanics in play today?
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:40 pm UTC

EBWOP: Copped bantler (not webby)*

Any results to share with us today?
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:36 am UTC

Wei and I confirmed eachother last night. Targeting potential scum would be a bad idea at this point.

Was wei the "king" yesterday? As in his vote decided the lynch? Or is he the king today? Whatever.

Vote mpolo

Webby, don't use your power now that town has a majority we can "safely" lynch to victory.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:44 am UTC

Boomfrog, how sure are you that webby is town? Will you eat your hat if you're wrong (or do some other potentially humiliating act)?
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's Fun Game of Fun D5: Long Live The King

Postby bantler » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:45 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Webby, don't use your power now that town has a majority we can "safely" lynch to victory.


I disagree. Webby can "safely" use his power on FOAT tonight. If FOAT''s converted, we win. If not, we lynch to victory.
Everyone else just needs to sit tight and not night-act to avoid conversion.
User avatar
bantler
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests