MS Paint Adventures thread

For those sublime unions of literature and art.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Quantum Potatoid » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:08 am UTC

The newest update! Hussie's going to troll the shippers so hard, I just know it.
"There's nothing wrong with having voices in your head, it's when they leave you out of the conversation you have to worry"
Spoiler:
iThis Cheese is Burning Me!
User avatar
Quantum Potatoid
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 am UTC
Location: May only be known if velocity isn't. Same rules apply with taste and texture.

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Triangle_Man » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:21 pm UTC

Quantum Potatoid wrote:The newest update! Hussie's going to troll the shippers so hard, I just know it.


He's been doing this all along, I think.

The revelation of Dirk's sexual orientation should prove to be interesthing, however.

Belial wrote:*Moirallegiance


That is literally the first thing people notice about that pic, I think.
I really should be working right now, but somehow I don't have the energy.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My moral system allows me to bitch slap you for typing that.
User avatar
Triangle_Man
WINNING
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 8:41 pm UTC
Location: CANADA

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby She » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:09 am UTC

I just wrote a Homestuck RPG. You should check it out! It aims to capture the feeling of reading Homestuck, namely jumping the shark, everything's coming together and "this is incredibly silly".

Here's the game rules
Here are the character sheets and other printouts.

Enjoy!
She speaks in the third person
So she can forget that she's me
User avatar
She
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:08 pm UTC
Location: Sweden

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Belial » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:10 pm UTC

Triangle_Man wrote:The revelation of Dirk's sexual orientation should prove to be interesthing, however.


I don't think it'll really be much of a revelation. He dropped a hint so heavy it could sink a battleship in the first Jake/Dirk'sAutoresponder conversation.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.
User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
 
Posts: 30053
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Jorpho » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:53 am UTC

I can't see this adding much to the narrative. Some will say he's being Edgy for the sake of being Edgy, others will say he's being Inclusive for the sake of being Inclusive, and others will say, Nuts to you, we live in a postheteronormative society and this means nothing, and Drama will ensue.

In the meantime these badly-written chatlogs (grammar- and spelling- wise, to be precise) are getting kind of tiresome. They're starting to seem like unskilled stream-of-thought ramblings.
User avatar
Jorpho
 
Posts: 5458
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Belial » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:48 am UTC

Takes all kinds I guess. I freaking adore the way he writes dialogue.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.
User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
 
Posts: 30053
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:01 am UTC

I never get tired of reading Dave/Dirk's chat logs, but everyone else is kind of meh. Also I'm a little ashamed that I can now read leetspeak fluently TH4NKS TO T3R3Z1. H3H3H3
Jave D wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right, but neither does one wrong, which is the total number of wrongs in this scenario.
Magnanimous
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby RetSpline » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 am UTC

I'm actually really surprised at how much I really love Roxy's chatlogs. I mean, I love the different writing styles of every Homestuck character (eXcEpT mOtHeRfUcKiNg GaMzEe!) but normally I do not take well to atrocious spelling. Her typos, however, do manage to not overly obfuscate her meaning and the specific typos themselves are often hilarious. Hooliginas? Shenannagins? Overlard sea queen? Brilliant stuff. It's very well written bad writing.

I did however tire quickly of her interactions with Dirk. I like Dirk as much if not moreso than Roxy, but their conversations were just incredibly boring to me. Which is interesting because Rose and Dave had my absolute favorite conversations.

"TG: and yet
TG: such has been whats happened
TG: it like the tight end was going long down the yard in sudden death
TG: its me im the tight end
TG: and the quarterback sniped the fieldgoal just before the nfl buzzer went off
TG: the greedy qb is you
TT: That's not even close to being a thing in football. "
User avatar
RetSpline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 pm UTC
Location: Íæû

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Magnanimous » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:53 am UTC

Where does the phrase "complacency of the learned" come from? I swear I've heard it somewhere.
Jave D wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right, but neither does one wrong, which is the total number of wrongs in this scenario.
Magnanimous
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Belial » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:55 pm UTC

RetSpline wrote:Her typos, however, do manage to not overly obfuscate her meaning and the specific typos themselves are often hilarious. Hooliginas?


For me it's her response to her typos that really makes it. The way she appraises each one. My favorites are both from that one conversation .

TG: di stri
TG: insmufferable prick mf'r extroariadinnere
TG: *lol wow
TG: *extradinner
TG: *heheh yum

TG: shit
TG: hooliginas
TG: * ...
TG: * yes
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.
User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
 
Posts: 30053
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:29 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:Where does the phrase "complacency of the learned" come from? I swear I've heard it somewhere.


It was brought up when Rose was first introduced. If you mean outside the comic I'm not aware its a reference.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby RetSpline » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:03 pm UTC

Game_boy wrote:
Magnanimous wrote:Where does the phrase "complacency of the learned" come from? I swear I've heard it somewhere.

It was brought up when Rose was first introduced. If you mean outside the comic I'm not aware its a reference.
Specifically, Complacency of the Learned is the name of Rose's shitty wizard fanfic.
User avatar
RetSpline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 pm UTC
Location: Íæû

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:45 pm UTC

RetSpline wrote:
Game_boy wrote:
Magnanimous wrote:Where does the phrase "complacency of the learned" come from? I swear I've heard it somewhere.

It was brought up when Rose was first introduced. If you mean outside the comic I'm not aware its a reference.
Specifically, Complacency of the Learned is the name of Rose's shitty wizard fanfic.


I just realised it was written in Rose's colour, purple.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Joeldi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:24 pm UTC

Jorpho wrote:I can't see this adding much to the narrative. Some will say he's being Edgy for the sake of being Edgy, others will say he's being Inclusive for the sake of being Inclusive, and others will say, Nuts to you, we live in a postheteronormative society and this means nothing, and Drama will ensue.


I'm in the third camp. I can't recall how long ago head-canon decided Bro was gay, or what the impetus was, but the reveal only made him more awesome. Outside of /co/, how big a thing is the Rose is gay speculation? My way of thinking is she's conventionally straight if very open, but I ship Kanaya/Rose because next to inter-species romance, gender is not even a thing. Especially when the other part of my head-canon says that the male and female trolls are only different in appearance and societal position.

@Retspline: I can't stand Gamzee either. Out of everyone, he's the only character I don't like as a character.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"
Joeldi
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:49 am UTC
Location: Central Queensland, Australia

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Jorpho » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:25 am UTC

RetSpline wrote:Her typos, however, do manage to not overly obfuscate her meaning and the specific typos themselves are often hilarious. Hooliginas? Shenannagins? Overlard sea queen? Brilliant stuff. It's very well written bad writing.
To me it feels like Hussie is randomly banging on his keyboard and high-fiving himself when something clever accidentally comes out. It's actually kind of creepy, says I.
User avatar
Jorpho
 
Posts: 5458
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:21 am UTC

Jorpho wrote:
RetSpline wrote:Her typos, however, do manage to not overly obfuscate her meaning and the specific typos themselves are often hilarious. Hooliginas? Shenannagins? Overlard sea queen? Brilliant stuff. It's very well written bad writing.
To me it feels like Hussie is randomly banging on his keyboard and high-fiving himself when something clever accidentally comes out. It's actually kind of creepy, says I.


I actually agree with you on this.

The slow pace of being up-to-date makes this a lot worse though. When a bad typo is our 'joke for the day' instead of being able to skim past it.

I'm not sure why he chose to go back to log-heavy storytelling, after everyone telling him how hard Act 1 and Act 5 Act 1 were to read. He has said in his Formspring he'd rather be writing than drawing, but commercial media is not about doing what you want to do.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby cephalopod9 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:46 am UTC

I'm confused about the complaints of Roxy's typing, because people are making them through an internet based forum. Which strongly implies that one is familiar with text based communication. However, anyone who finds typos in an Instant Messenger format unfamiliar, or unreadable, very clearly does not make a habit of contacting other human beings using typing.
Spoiler:
Seriously, this arc is so true to my memories of early high school, it's ridiculously embarrassing.
I don't know how Hussie does typos on purpose, but I'm impressed by it.
Quantum Potatoid wrote:The newest update! Hussie's going to troll the shippers so hard, I just know it.
You say that like Hussie ever stops trolling shippers. Remember when he complicated 'shiping 4 fold (I think it's an original creation, but I haven't researched it, so I can't say for sure whether or not friggin' charts have been introduced to relationship dynamics this way before). How about the way he gradual revealed the potential for anachronistic, demi-clone offspring incest? (How weird did this get?)

H Hhey, Th'trolls use the Daedric alphabet from the Elder Scrolls games. (Or is it Demora? I'm only now playing Oblivion, I think it's been introduced in earlier games in the series.)
Image
User avatar
cephalopod9
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:23 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Magnanimous » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:53 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:H Hhey, Th'trolls use the Daedric alphabet from the Elder Scrolls games. (Or is it Demora? I'm only now playing Oblivion, I think it's been introduced in earlier games in the series.)

Daedric, and it's also upside down. (I swear, Hussie's trying to tie as many fandoms as possible into this...)
Jave D wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right, but neither does one wrong, which is the total number of wrongs in this scenario.
Magnanimous
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby RetSpline » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:59 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:I'm confused about the complaints of Roxy's typing, because people are making them through an internet based forum. Which strongly implies that one is familiar with text based communication. However, anyone who finds typos in an Instant Messenger format unfamiliar, or unreadable, very clearly does not make a habit of contacting other human beings using typing.
Not that I'm the type who complains about Roxy's typing, but literally every person (except my mom, of all people) that I ever IM or text with uses near-perfect spelling and syntax. Additionally, there is a huge difference between the occasional small typo and the way that Roxy talks. Honestly, I can definitely sympathize with people who find it annoying.

I'm pretty excited about the new update giving us more information about the game mechanics! The actual game of Sburb has never been a real focus of Homestuck in my eyes, but seeing these little peeks of the way the game works in interesting to me.
User avatar
RetSpline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 pm UTC
Location: Íæû

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:04 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote: (How weird did this get?)


Not at all, because Dad is not related to any of the four kids or their ancestors.

And offtopic but one day I hope incest* will be as accepted as homosexuality, because the main negative outcome is wholly preventable and all we have to do is get over the irrational evolutionary aversion to it.

*Between people brought up in different households and of similar age, for example cousins, to prevent an imbalanced power dynamic.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:23 am UTC

Well now I'm terrified. link
Jave D wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right, but neither does one wrong, which is the total number of wrongs in this scenario.
Magnanimous
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Jorpho » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:09 am UTC

Oh, well, codpieces are inevitable. Or did you miss Bard's Quest?

But sheesh, more God Tiers? (What else could it be, really?) A cynic might suggest that brisk sales of the other T-shirts and hoodies thus far have moved Hussie to make alterations to the story in order to sell more merch – but even I'm not that cynical.
User avatar
Jorpho
 
Posts: 5458
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby cephalopod9 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:06 am UTC

The God Tier shirts and hoodies seem to be selling well enough, to need restocking, despite only 4 of the 12 appearing in the story itself. The picture in question was a commission, and there's a lot of ways for the look of Gamzee's god tier outfit to be cannon without him reaching got tiger* in the continuity.

Is anyone else having trouble keeping pace with the kid's official hero titles?
RetSpline wrote: Honestly, I can definitely sympathize with people who find it annoying.
Annoying I understand, it's people, Jorpho, saying that it's bad writing that I have to complain about.

Game_boy wrote:Not at all, because Dad is not related to any of the four kids or their ancestors.
Right, What could possibly be unsettling or weird about pairing with one's BFF's father and/or son if she didn't raise him and/or be raised by him for reasons of genetic lineage. What was I thinking?
I don't actually remember Dad's origins. I was kind of thinking he was Nanna's biological son, but it would make a little more since for him to be adopted. I do remember that he found John, and presumably Jane, following an explosion.

*I figured it out guys, it was a typo that Hussie thought was funny.
Image
User avatar
cephalopod9
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:23 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:
Game_boy wrote:Not at all, because Dad is not related to any of the four kids or their ancestors.
Right, What could possibly be unsettling or weird about pairing with one's BFF's father and/or son if she didn't raise him and/or be raised by him for reasons of genetic lineage. What was I thinking?


Could you simplify this a bit, I can't follow the connections.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Belial » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 pm UTC

He said before he released the not-yet-in-the-story god tier hoodies that all of them were already planned to appear. So unless there are bizarre causal loops in play, I doubt the sales caused that decision.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.
User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
 
Posts: 30053
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 pm UTC

Belial wrote:He said before he released the not-yet-in-the-story god tier hoodies that all of them were already planned to appear. So unless there are bizarre causal loops in play, I doubt the sales caused that decision.


I wonder if he let the attraction of having a complete set to sell dictate their inclusion in the story. I'm sure it will be handled fine but I liked the idea of only some characters ever getting god tier, to go along with the fact this isn't a fairy tale; some characters die and neither of their planets is saved.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Belial » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:34 pm UTC

Well keep in mind that many of the elements are duplicated. Saying that all of them will eventually be represented doesn't necessarily say that everyone will reach god tier.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.
User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
 
Posts: 30053
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:11 pm UTC

Belial wrote:Well keep in mind that many of the elements are duplicated. Saying that all of them will eventually be represented doesn't necessarily say that everyone will reach god tier.


Right, but it's fairly predictable now who will.

Spoiler:
Life Jane
Hope Jake
Void Roxy
Heart Dirk
Doom Sollux
Blood Karkat
Mind Terezi
Rage Gamzee


Unless he feels like bringing Feferi, Eridan or Nepeta back to do so which I doubt. I'd still prefer we had no idea who if anyone would get it.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby cephalopod9 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:04 am UTC

Game_boy wrote:
cephalopod9 wrote:
Game_boy wrote:Not at all, because Dad is not related to any of the four kids or their ancestors.
Right, What could possibly be unsettling or weird about pairing with one's BFF's father and/or son if she didn't raise him and/or be raised by him for reasons of genetic lineage. What was I thinking?


Could you simplify this a bit, I can't follow the connections.

I'm having trouble following the connections myself also; pre-scratch, Jane is Dad's mother, (also talks to John about leveling up, suggesting she has pre-scratch memories of playing the game. It might be because she died and has memories from all possible timelines. I'm a little fuzzy on how that all was supposed to work) Roxy and Dad share some poignant hand-holding, also tea. Post scratch, Jane and Roxy are best friends forever, and both teenagers, and Jane is Dad's daughter.
Image
User avatar
cephalopod9
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:23 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Joeldi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:16 am UTC

Originally I liked the idea that Dad was Nanna's biological son, but his existence in the Alpha Universe messes with that a bit. As to god tiers appearing, I think we'll see some of the post-scratch trolls, who could be Tiger Candidates, and we already have seen Dream-Bubble God-Tier Karkat/Sufferer.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"
Joeldi
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:49 am UTC
Location: Central Queensland, Australia

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:I'm having trouble following the connections myself also; pre-scratch, Jane is Dad's mother, (also talks to John about leveling up, suggesting she has pre-scratch memories of playing the game. It might be because she died and has memories from all possible timelines. I'm a little fuzzy on how that all was supposed to work) Roxy and Dad share some poignant hand-holding, also tea. Post scratch, Jane and Roxy are best friends forever, and both teenagers, and Jane is Dad's daughter.


As I said, Dad is genetically unrelated to any of the kids. Jane is Poppop's daughter; John is Nanna's son. Dad is just John and Jane's, uh, lusus.
Last edited by Game_boy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:05 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby MisterCheif » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:47 pm UTC

Game_boy wrote:As I said, Dad is genetically unrelated to any of the kids. Jane is Poppop's daughter; John is Nanna's son. Dad is just John and Jane's, uh, lusus.


I'm pretty sure that when John did all of the ectobiology, in a later chat log he mentioned he realized Dad was essentially his ectobiological half-brother, confirming that at least John thought he was the biological offspring of Nanna.

*Edited to kill quote pyramid.
I can haz people?
lulzfish wrote:Exactly. Playing God is a good, old-fashioned American tradition. And you wouldn't want to ruin tradition. Unless you hate America. And that would make you a Communist.
MisterCheif
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:24 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 pm UTC

MisterCheif wrote:
Game_boy wrote:As I said, Dad is genetically unrelated to any of the kids. Jane is Poppop's daughter; John is Nanna's son. Dad is just John and Jane's, uh, lusus.


I'm pretty sure that when John did all of the ectobiology, in a later chat log he mentioned he realized Dad was essentially his ectobiological half-brother, confirming that at least John thought he was the biological offspring of Nanna.


Don't think we can say until we find out who, if anyone, Scratched Dad is related to. Characters have been wrong about story facts before.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Jorpho » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:30 am UTC

So where's the Horse Puppet from? I do not recognize it.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006429

The bunnyman is one of those creations of Hussie that is best left forgotten at all costs, if I'm not mistaken.
User avatar
Jorpho
 
Posts: 5458
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Location: Canada

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby cephalopod9 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:40 am UTC

I think it's from the stage production of War Horse (that preceded the movie). There was a TED talk about it, which you could probably pull up.

Game_boy wrote:Don't think we can say until we find out who, if anyone, Scratched Dad is related to. Characters have been wrong about story facts before.
True.
The weirdness of Roxy* and Dad** had to do with her being a 16yr old, and he being the guardian of her peer, rather than who's a blood relation of whom, anyway.

I am still cracking up at the cast of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.
Sort of confused about the age difference between the Striders, and looking forward to the reveal of how exactly Evil Betty Crocker is involved with the main cast.

*I kind of presume the names haven't changed, just the chronological order
**likewise, Dad and Pop-pop (or is that what Jane called John?) could be completely different people.
Image
User avatar
cephalopod9
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:23 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:55 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:I am still cracking up at the cast of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

If those actors actually got together and made it, I would give them all of my money.
Jave D wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right, but neither does one wrong, which is the total number of wrongs in this scenario.
Magnanimous
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Belial » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:51 pm UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:Pop-pop (or is that what Jane called John?)


Yes
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.
User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
 
Posts: 30053
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby MisterCheif » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:19 pm UTC

You know, I'm starting to think Dave was wrong about Bro liking all that weird stuff ironically. Especially since Dirk actually admitted to liking Rainbow Dash... unironically.

And yet I still find Dirk the most entertaining of the post-scratch kids...
I can haz people?
lulzfish wrote:Exactly. Playing God is a good, old-fashioned American tradition. And you wouldn't want to ruin tradition. Unless you hate America. And that would make you a Communist.
MisterCheif
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:24 am UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Game_boy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:34 pm UTC

MisterCheif wrote:You know, I'm starting to think Dave was wrong about Bro liking all that weird stuff ironically. Especially since Dirk actually admitted to liking Rainbow Dash... unironically.

And yet I still find Dirk the most entertaining of the post-scratch kids...


Come to the pony thread, it's completely unironic.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=69097

But there was a lot of not-very-subtle hints in the original panels that Bro wasn't being ironic.
The Reaper wrote:Evolution is a really really really long run-on sentence.
Game_boy
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Re: MS Paint Adventures thread

Postby Belial » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:12 pm UTC

The whole joke to all the "layers of irony" is that they're not as ironic as they profess to be. In both mspa and the real world "I like this ironically" has always been code for "I like this sincerely, but would rather not admit it"
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.
User avatar
Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance
 
Posts: 30053
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:04 am UTC

PreviousNext

Return to Comics/Graphic Novels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests