[L]Firefly Mafia - Game Over - Serenity Crew Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 1

Postby _infina_ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:31 pm UTC

Votals:
Angua - 1(mrface)
b.i.o - 2(Brook, GoP)
Chandani - 2(b.i.o, FOAT)
GoP - 2(Az, MN)
greenlover - 1(Angua)
mrface - 1(Amy)
Amy - 1(roband)

Without votes: greenlover, Boomfrog
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:17 pm UTC

Angua wrote:vote: greenlover

As they've been lurking in the last couple of games I've played with them, so I don't see this stopping any time soon (I could also have gone for PE).

That's an extremely safe vote. Are you really saying you don't find anyone other than lurkers (who have said nothing) scummy? Even with the increased activity and lots of votes? I don't buy it.

FoS: Angua
ForAllOfThis

Postby _infina_ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:43 pm UTC

about 16 hours left.

DAY ONE will end at 0700 EST on January 28th, 2012. This holds even if a mod does not make a day end post. Night will not begin, however, until the day end post has been made.
Last edited by _infina_ on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby mpolo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 pm UTC

So, Chandani's reaction to FAOT's claim is a somewhat grasping attempt to discredit it because Book isn't a likely character because of dying in the movie. I think there are any large number of reasons to expect that Book is in the game; I would need a lot of contrary evidence to convince me otherwise. In absence of a counterclaim, I am sold on FAOT's towniness at this point.

Which means that I have Chandani as the currently scummiest person. I have some doubts about Sungura; however, those doubts are much less strong.

So:

Vote: Chandani
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby b.i.o » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:35 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:mostlynormal, its the way bio is going about it. The vote for Chandani was for a reason that matched several people. The only reason bio chose Chandani is they were lurking more? Which I don't think is true, so it seems truly like a random vote, and they dont care who gets lynched.

There were a bunch of people who mentioned FAOT after I voted. Sungura has made her own accusations, and I've already said why I don't think lynching her D1 is a smart move regardless of what alignment she is. Mrface was largely neutral, which is why he wasn't on my list. Mpolo also thought FAOT was the scummiest, but offered concrete opinions on many other players, which will be valuable information later. You (GoP) are the last apart from Chandani unless I'm missing someone, and you were posting (a bit) more, and expressing more opinions. Chandani has posted little and has expressed few concrete opinions, which makes her both less valuable to the town right now, and harder to pick out as scum later in the game.

TheSecondShadow wrote:bio-lots of rolespec on the bad guys, not much on the good guys

I have nothing really to add on them. I felt I could add something with my opinions about the possible scum factions, which is why I posted that. (I have, though, remembered one more possible alliance character: Lawrence Dobson, the undercover alliance agent in the pilot.)
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby Chandani » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:49 am UTC

I have to go to bed, and the day's about to end, so...

[color=##0000FF]Vote: GoP[/color]

as a self-preservation vote.

Also, for further information: What happens when there is a tie?

As for what's been happening lately.... Now I don't have time to comment. Generally, I would make some points, but... usually I have something interesting to say. Anyways, I might as well claim to get this out of the way.
I'm Malcolm Reynolds. Rawr.
Chandani

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:59 am UTC

Well, I certainly hope you're lying because:

Unvote

Vote: Chandani

This is mainly self-preservation. The claim means nothing at the moment, and is actually a bit counter-productive.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:12 am UTC

First:

Unvote

I have no interest in killing Mal.

Vote: GoP

Mostly to avoid a tie, and who just ignores a claim like Malcolm Reynolds and goes ahead and votes anyway?
ForAllOfThis

Postby Angua » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:06 am UTC

unvote

vote: Gopher of Pern

Even if you were town, surely you won't want someone who could be Mal being voted off.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Night 1

Postby _infina_ » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:10 pm UTC

A struggle occurred as the day ended. GoP and Chandani were pushing each other toward the airlock. Just then Chandani screams out "Help your Captain!" and everyone rushes in and pushes GoP out of the airlock, killing him.

GoP has Been lynched. Role will be revealed in the morning.

It is now Night 1
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 2 - WHAT!?!

Postby _infina_ » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:46 pm UTC

Everyone awakened to the sound of gunfire. They quickly ran to the central room to check who was there. Two were missing from the group that first met on this derelict ship: Gopher of Pern, the one that was thrown out of the ship yesterday, and greenlover, the one nobody was paying attention to. A quick search of the room turned up greenlover, and hints to his identity, as well as the few personal effects of Gopher of Pern that had been gathered after shoving him out the airlock.

Gopher of Pern was Lawrence Dobson, a member of the Alliance.
greenlover was The Operative, a member of the Alliance.

It is now Day 2.
14 players, 8 to lynch.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby Angua » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:20 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:Everyone awakened to the sound of gunfire. They quickly ran to the central room to check who was there. Two were missing from the group that first met on this derelict ship: Gopher of Pern, the one that was thrown out of the ship yesterday, and greenlover, the one nobody was paying attention to. A quick search of the room turned up greenlover, and hints to his identity, as well as the few personal effects of Gopher of Pern that had been gathered after shoving him out the airlock.

Gopher of Pern was Lawrence Dobson, a member of the Alliance.
greenlover was The Operative, a member of the Alliance.

It is now Day 2.
14 players, 8 to lynch.

Wow - 2 members of the Alliance on D1? That's pretty unprecedented in my experience. My first thought was that the Reavers killed greenlover, but rereading the flavour makes it sound more like a vig (like Jayne) or indie, as Reavers don't generally use guns as I recall. The doctor must have done a great job, or it could just be that greenlover was supposed to carry out the kill, and them being killed got processed first.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby mpolo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:17 pm UTC

I guess we can thank Chandani for her last-minute claim, which netted us a good lynch. If no counter-claim is coming (or if a counter-claim isn't worth it because exposing Mal and possibly losing his power is worse than letting Chandani off the hook), we have an essentially confirmed townie as well. Adding this to Shepherd Book, and we've got a nice position here at the start of Day 2.

We probably have a doctor (Simon) and likely a roleblock (Inara), so it's reasonable to think that one of them blocked the kill.

There remains a question of whether the Reavers are a plot device (time limit or similar?) or an anti-town faction (since we have no direct evidence of them at present).
mpolo

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:58 pm UTC

My bet is that everyone assumed that the obvious night action was for scum to kill Amy (assuming that she is town) and that the doctor and scum both targeted her. Though I have no way of knowing this. A watcher would sure be nice though.
Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm UTC

Although if the Alliance doesn't have a kill, and they are some wacky form of independent, then it could just be that the real scum have gotten unlucky.
Azrael001

Postby Adacore » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:18 pm UTC

With two alliance down, and the modly flavour so far, I'm going to conjecture that this game might be loosely based on Bushwhacked. What worries me about that idea (actually, what inspired that idea) is the possibility of recruiting reavers. I certainly think there's at least one Alliance member left, possibly Commander Harken, but with two of them dead, reavers have to be a higher priority, I'd think.

Would we be told if the last member of a faction (in this case, Alliance) was eliminated?

With a confirmed Alliance faction (rather than merely individual alliance indeps), they would have two possible win conditions - either they're standard mafia, or they're after Simon & River. A win condition as narrow as finding/killing two players sounds somewhat unlikely for a larger faction; if there is another Alliance member or two they're likely a full-blown mafia team.

Following from that, if Alliance are standard mafia (and this is getting kinda convoluted, I'll grant), then reavers probably have some kind of twist. Given the lack of reaver-kill - I agree gunfire is not likely to come from reavers - a recruit ability is the most worrying one at this juncture. Counterbalance to that, I suppose, would be that a recruit might be expected to include some kind of flavour indication, and there was nothing of the sort.

Of course, it could be (as Azrael suggests) that the scum all tried to kill the same player (either Amy or Chandani, I would assume), and their kills were all blocked. It could also be that reavers have a daykill, rather than acting at night.

At least having the Operative in the game makes it less likely we have the hands-of-blue guys or Jubal Early, in my opinion.

Final note - I did get a minor ping off Azrael's last 'Amy's amazing, she should be kept alive forever and I sure hope we have town power roles' post, but I'm prepared to disregard it because I largely agree with the sentiment.
Adacore

Postby roband » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:02 am UTC

Really I don't have much to say, other than what's already been said by others.

Blue hands guys could be in the game, but alliance plus reavers seems very possible right now.
Regardless, the flavour didn't indicate anything other than the dead alliance people reported, so that's good.
Bio was who GoP was voting for, that clears him from being alliance somewhat, I suppose. Doesn't mean he can't be some other type of anti-town though.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:My bet is that everyone assumed that the obvious night action was for scum to kill Amy (assuming that she is town) and that the doctor and scum both targeted her. Though I have no way of knowing this. A watcher would sure be nice though.

Wait, why Amy? Surely myself or Chan would have been a much better target for scum & doctor, being pretty much confirmed town unlike Amy (who had much more flak yesterday)? I find that comment a little weird so slight FoS: Az. & That's assuming the alliance members weren't killed by a reaver. I don't think the flavour reveals anything, it could be possible that the gunfire came from the alliance member because of the reaver attack / towards it. Slight FoS: Angua for that.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Adacore » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:44 am UTC

I think Azrael was assuming an automatic level or two of wifom going on - the scum wouldn't target Chandani, because she was such an obvious doctor target, ergo they'd go for a less 'obvious' choice of Amy, but the doctor ended up using the same logic. It's a bit of a stretch, in honesty - as I said, that post pinged a little for me.
Adacore

Postby b.i.o » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:48 am UTC

Amy getting killed N1 is pretty much tradition at this point.
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:39 am UTC

Yeah. Amy always dies. Everyone knows that.
Azrael001

Postby TheSecondShadow » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:46 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:Yeah. Amy always dies. Everyone knows that.

Because she has latent psychic ability.

If the reavers have recruitment abilities we're in a whole new world of hurt. Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed today?
TheSecondShadow

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:21 am UTC

I could

Press the Big Red Button

that I found last night. That should be fun.
Azrael001

Postby t1mm01994 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:23 am UTC

Day 2 has ended. _infina_ will swoop in soon. Until then, it is night.
t1mm01994

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Night 2 - Oops

Postby _infina_ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:53 am UTC

"oopsie..." Everyone noticed the doors to the airlock had been opened. And now they had closed. Nobody had been in them at the time. "Might as well get some sleep now. Those doors won't open for at least eight more hours, possibly longer."

This is night 2.

Fire Brns will be replacing PhoenixEnigma
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:04 pm UTC

Due to mod illness night will be extended 24 hours from this post.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby mpolo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:43 pm UTC

Get well soon!
mpolo

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 3

Postby _infina_ » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:18 pm UTC

"One of us." *bang* "Well that didn't go as planned."

Everyone rushes out at the bang to see the body of Adacore lying there, mutilated and shot.

"Such a strange incident."

"RIVER!"

Adacore was River Tam, Reaver.

It is now day 3.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 3 - RIVER!

Postby Angua » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:23 pm UTC

River was a reaver?? I wonder if they were converted (by reavers - hence the mutilation) and then killed by a vig (hence the shot)? Of course - yesterday people didn't like me jumping to the conclusion that shots are due alliance or vig (it couldn't have been alliance yesterday, as they killed themselves unless there's a reflect power or something). We didn't have that much time to discuss stuff yesterday though.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby roband » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:36 pm UTC

Wow. That's got to mean that we have a culting mechanism? Surely?

Adacore was culted N1 (or N2 and it gets processed first) by the Reaver(s) then killed by the Alliance on N2.

Looking at Az... did you know what that button was going to do? It doesn't make much sense, flavour wise, as far as I can recall.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby mpolo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:59 pm UTC

Flavor-wise, it's the big red button that they used to open the hatch to space. Az may or may not have known what the purpose of his button was -- presumably it was "day end and the person with the most votes is spaced".

This being XKCD, River was likely a relatively powerful town role, but with her being a Reaver, it is certainly better for her to be out of commission. All in all, not a terrible night for us (making up for the no-lynch yesterday).
mpolo

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:24 pm UTC

Oh god. I hate cults, and agree that reavers must have a culting mechanism for river to flip reaver. I wonder if that means we have a de-culting role / or a cult-specific kill (like the Exorcists in Lataro's game). I hope so. I'm surprised at the lack of NK's to be honest, in a large game I would expect around 2 - 3 kills per night. I'm not sure if that's changed because of the cult or not.

This makes me slightly suspicous of Az, ending the day early is very beneficial for all scum, but especially a cult (who gains a recruit).

Flavour-wise, I can't see how the reavers would have a cult leader in charge of recruits, so I'm not sure how we're meant to stop them (as in, if we kill the first/leader reaver wouldn't the remaining reavers just go on culting from a flavour perspective?). Balance-wise, I guess they'll need one with so few kills at night.
ForAllOfThis

Postby roband » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:09 pm UTC

The only way I can think of balancing the reavers is that there was only ever one, at the start of the game, and they can only recruit once each night.

Seems logical to me anyway.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby mpolo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:29 pm UTC

We'd still have to get lucky with a doctor/roleblock/nightkill to "catch up" with the Reavers. If they started at one, then there should be two of them now. If they successfully recruit every night, they will still be inexorably moving towards domination, unless we can prevent them from acting.

By the way, Amy's alive on day 3! It's been a long time since that happened. There's a lot of reasons that that could have happened, of course.
mpolo

Postby Angua » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:32 pm UTC

Oh - as yesterday was so short, we never got a reply to Adacore's question, so I'll repost:

Would we be told if the last member of a faction (in this case, Alliance) was eliminated?
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby roband » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:33 pm UTC

Yep, you're right about Sunguramy.

I was fairly happy with my vote there on D1 - I'm planning on returning it later in the day.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Fire Brns » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:13 pm UTC

River? I mean in the movie river killed 1000 reavers with her hands.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.
Fire Brns

Postby roband » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:20 pm UTC

True, I might have made River unrecruitable, or certainly make her kill the Reaver who recruited her (at least), but we have to work with what we've got - no point questioning the mod :P
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:44 pm UTC

I didn't know what the button would do, and it was a big red button. I couldn't resist pushing it. Though perhaps a vote first would have been a good idea.
Azrael001

Postby roband » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:45 pm UTC

Not if the vote would have resulted in whoever you voted for being lynched.

Day ending powers are not town friendly. Did you get told why you 'found' the button?
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia