Games that support dual monitors

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Games that support dual monitors

Postby Sagekilla » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:52 pm UTC

So I was playing X3 recently and I completely forgot I had two monitors. Only problem is X3 doesn't actually support the second one.
For whatever reason, Egosoft decided to drop support for dual monitors from X2 -> X3.

It got me thinking: What games actually support dual monitors? I'm not talking about triple monitors or anything more than that. Just
dual monitors. As in one video card hooked up to two displays, nothing more.

I keep hearing about triple monitor setups but nothing for dual monitors. Surely there must be some games that support it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSV_Alvin#Sinking wrote:Researchers found a cheese sandwich which exhibited no visible signs of decomposition, and was in fact eaten.
Sagekilla

Re: Games that support dual monitors

Postby EdgarJPublius » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 pm UTC

The Supreme Commander games and World In Conflict both support a second monitor as a fullscreen map.
In SupComm I think you can actually use the monitor as a full blown second screen, looking at and issuing commands to two places on the map at once.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title
EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:40 am UTC

Indeed. Though, technically one of them is your radar. Or that's how it's supposed to be used, I think. Doesn't matter which one, but I'm wanting to say that your primary monitor is where your income is displayed.....

But yeah, for 90% of the game, it doesn't matter which side you're looking at - you can issue orders to your troops or buildings.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby Dropzone » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:01 pm UTC

Flight Simulator lets you expand the main 3D view onto additional monitors in the usual way, but you can also use them as a sort of workspace to hold various things: checklists, extra camera views, the radio conversation window, secondary instrument panels (if you're using the 2D cockpit), etc. I took a quick screenshot in the FSX demo to show an example (primary monitor is on the right):
Attachments
fs.jpg
Dropzone

Return to Gaming