Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Magistrates, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby I Am Raven » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:Speaking of which, holy shit 9gag.
Spoiler:
Image
If you're going to steal from a comic, it should probably be a less popular one...

I've seen loads of XKCD on 9gag. :(
Ptolom wrote:penis
User avatar
I Am Raven
 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 am UTC
Location: Amsterdam.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Tomlidich » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:58 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:Yeah, that's the kind of cover it was.

It scared the shit out of me when it happened. I was asleep at the time, and I awoke to the sound of shattering glass and thought someone had broken into my apartment.



it is even worse when you are standing on your bathroom sink, barefoot, trying to change a lightbulb.

took about 20 minutes to get someone else in there to help me out.
User avatar
Tomlidich
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby ArgonV » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:11 pm UTC

If the only way I've got left to get in contact with you is your cell phone (no landline, no internet and you've moved to far away to just pop over) it'd be nice if you, I don't know, ACTUALLY ANSWERED THE DAMN THING?!
User avatar
ArgonV
 
Posts: 1705
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby roband » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:15 pm UTC

Why would someone put a photo of the stone angels from Doctor Who in a spoiler?
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
User avatar
roband
One Letter From A Gunslinger
 
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby DSenette » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 pm UTC

i know, what kind of a dick would do that?

Spoiler:
Image technically, it's a gif, so it's not a photo
The Righteous Hand Of Retribution
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")
DSenette
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby roband » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:26 pm UTC

Yeah, last time I bought this up, guess what happened?

So guess what I'm not clicking on...
User avatar
roband
One Letter From A Gunslinger
 
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 am UTC

I cut my hand open while pumping air into my bike tires. :shock:
Weeks wrote:Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best.
User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
 
Posts: 3591
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby TimelordSimone » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:35 pm UTC

I swear every time I write "it's" in Word, it puts a squiggly green line underneath to suggest "its".
It's getting kind of annoying.
I mostly lurk. Hello.
User avatar
TimelordSimone
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Somewheresberg

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby JudeMorrigan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:40 pm UTC

Websites that limit the special characters you can use in your passwords. I'm not talking really weird, exotic stuff, but just stuff that's on the top row of the keyboard. I imagine they do it to help avoid Little Bobby Tables types of situations, but I still find it obnoxious.
JudeMorrigan
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Steax » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:25 pm UTC

JudeMorrigan wrote:Websites that limit the special characters you can use in your passwords. I'm not talking really weird, exotic stuff, but just stuff that's on the top row of the keyboard. I imagine they do it to help avoid Little Bobby Tables types of situations, but I still find it obnoxious.


They're just being stupid.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.
User avatar
Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
 
Posts: 3037
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby emceng » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:53 pm UTC

Fucking hell, really? Someone puts a cart in the hallway and less than 20 minutes later you have to come find me to bitch about it? You don't have anything better to do? I didn't put it there, and it wasn't really in the way. Why are you hassling me?
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis
User avatar
emceng
 
Posts: 2953
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby fizzgig » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:01 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I cut my hand open while pumping air into my bike tires. :shock:


Oh good, I'm not the only one who manages to injure themselves doing that. Although I acquired a blood blister rather than a cut.
User avatar
fizzgig
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:35 am UTC
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:05 am UTC

fizzgig wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:I cut my hand open while pumping air into my bike tires. :shock:


Oh good, I'm not the only one who manages to injure themselves doing that. Although I acquired a blood blister rather than a cut.

Well, it was a new air pump, and it had an attachment on it so that I could attach it to my bike frame. I tried to yank it off and it scraped my hand. I'm still not sure how it did that; the thing is made of plastic and doesn't have sharp edges.
Weeks wrote:Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best.
User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
 
Posts: 3591
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby nehpest » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:47 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:
fizzgig wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:I cut my hand open while pumping air into my bike tires. :shock:


Oh good, I'm not the only one who manages to injure themselves doing that. Although I acquired a blood blister rather than a cut.

Well, it was a new air pump, and it had an attachment on it so that I could attach it to my bike frame. I tried to yank it off and it scraped my hand. I'm still not sure how it did that; the thing is made of plastic and doesn't have sharp edges.

I cut myself on a bottle of shampoo once. My hands were wet (obviously) and my hand slipped against the edge of the cap, next thing I know I was dripping red into the shower drain.
Kewangji wrote:Someone told me I need to stop being so arrogant. Like I'd care about their plebeian opinions.

blag
User avatar
nehpest
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby micco » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:04 pm UTC

I hate SAD. I feel like shit again...
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.
User avatar
micco
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:16 pm UTC
Location: Finland

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Cytoplasm » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:45 pm UTC

Why do I have to be so sleepy? If I sleep will the antibiotics make everything go back to normal magically? I need Madame Pomfrey. Good stuff.
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3
User avatar
Cytoplasm
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:00 am UTC
Location: EE.UU.(+ Cheese)

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby nehpest » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:18 am UTC

Rant the first:

Tried to comment on a blog post. The captcha is in Arabic.

Rant the second:

Tried to screencap the captcha for this rant. Android phones can't screencap without rooting.

I just know if I try to root my phone, it'll melt or something - you know this shit comes in threes.
Last edited by nehpest on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Kewangji wrote:Someone told me I need to stop being so arrogant. Like I'd care about their plebeian opinions.

blag
User avatar
nehpest
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Steax » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:28 am UTC

nehpest wrote:Tried to screencap the captcha for this rant. Android phones can screencap without rooting.

I just know if I try to root my phone, it'll melt or something - you know this shit comes in threes.


Did you mean "can't"?
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.
User avatar
Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
 
Posts: 3037
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby nehpest » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:50 am UTC

:roll:

Sure did. Fixed. Maybe it's safe for me to root my phone now?
Kewangji wrote:Someone told me I need to stop being so arrogant. Like I'd care about their plebeian opinions.

blag
User avatar
nehpest
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:25 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Ptolom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:29 pm UTC

I had such plans for today but now everything's fucked and I can't think straight.
It Should Be Real wrote:Fuck the wizard.
We're doing this manually.

http://www.hexifact.co.uk - Hacking blog: in which I take some things apart, and put other things together.
User avatar
Ptolom
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby yurell » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:31 pm UTC

Okay, I'm an Australian so I need to be very careful here — what precisely is involved with rooting one's phone?
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?


Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!
User avatar
yurell
 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:19 am UTC
Location: Australia!

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Ghostbear » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:51 pm UTC

yurell wrote:Okay, I'm an Australian so I need to be very careful here — what precisely is involved with rooting one's phone?

It's basically installing a different version of the OS that lets you do what you want, instead of having limitations. Name comes from gaining room (aka administrator) access.

Wiki page for more info, since I probably didn't describe it perfectly (I lack a smartphone, so don't bother caring about them much).
Ghostbear
 
Posts: 1764
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:06 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby yurell » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:44 am UTC

Thanks, it's good to know that asking gives an answer that makes more sense :P
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?


Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!
User avatar
yurell
 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:19 am UTC
Location: Australia!

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby RollingHead » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:49 am UTC

Algebra sucks, and I suck even more for not starting to study earlier. And now it's four in the morning, my exam is the day after tomorrow and I'm not studying because I'm busy helping one of my best friends with her psychological problem via facebook chat. I just hope I don't fail too miserably...
User avatar
RollingHead
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:47 pm UTC
Location: Italy

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Amie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:52 am UTC

Dammit BTJunkie :(

I am sad. And angry.
Summer is miles and miles away, and no one would ask me to stay.
And I, should contemplate this change... to ease the pain.
And I, should step out of the rain... turn away.
User avatar
Amie
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 am UTC
Location: in Somnia.

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Ptolom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 pm UTC

Amie wrote:Dammit BTJunkie :(

I am sad. And angry.

Grraahhh! *blink*

Why is it that whenever I file a bug report, within about 20 minutes I feel like a complete idiot?
It Should Be Real wrote:Fuck the wizard.
We're doing this manually.

http://www.hexifact.co.uk - Hacking blog: in which I take some things apart, and put other things together.
User avatar
Ptolom
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby dhokarena56 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:36 pm UTC

I am dismayed to discover that that hideous festival of debauchery and wanton perversion known as Anthrocon is from June 14-17 this year where I live (Pittsburgh). That means that on my third-favorite holiday of the year, the streets will be filled with furries instead of James Joyce fanatics.
Come join Dadapedia- the open-source Dadaist novel that anyone can edit.
User avatar
dhokarena56
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:52 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Ptolom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 pm UTC

But James Joyce knew more about wanton perversion than a whole convention of furries put together.
It Should Be Real wrote:Fuck the wizard.
We're doing this manually.

http://www.hexifact.co.uk - Hacking blog: in which I take some things apart, and put other things together.
User avatar
Ptolom
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby OBrien » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:52 am UTC

Why do I always leave these things to the last minute? Now tomorrow I have to turn a sequened onesie into a tailcoat and find a gold-sparkled top hat and red hairspray in town.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.
User avatar
OBrien
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:55 am UTC

Things which aren't fun: waiting in the cold by yourself for a bus that may or may not come while something across the street beeps loudly in a high-pitched tone.

Edit: Things which aren't terrible: the bus coming just as you're about to give up on it, and with several acquaintances from the event you were just at on it. :)
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.

(Avatar by Sungura)
User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
 
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: 54.0367˚N, 2.7961˚W; Lancaster

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Josephine » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:50 am UTC

Everything is horrible.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.
User avatar
Josephine
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:55 pm UTC

dhokarena56 wrote:I am dismayed to discover that that hideous festival of debauchery and wanton perversion known as Anthrocon is from June 14-17 this year where I live (Pittsburgh). That means that on my third-favorite holiday of the year, the streets will be filled with furries instead of James Joyce fanatics.

You say that like there aren't any furries who read James Joyce.

Or that James Joyce wasn't familiar with putting on a bearsuit.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Tomlidich » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:59 pm UTC

grrrrrrrr i have been able to carry large servers and the like for weeks now yet my coworkers still keep putting me down, calling me names, and not letting me take the jobs that require any sort of lifting.

not to mention they STILL try to belittle my abilities as far as IT goes, even though they have not really got a brain between them.

i am so sick of the bullshit. i want to quit. i want to quit so bad.


and worst of all my knee kinda hurts right now.
User avatar
Tomlidich
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Cathy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:15 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:my coworkers still keep putting me down, calling me names, and not letting me take the jobs that require any sort of lifting.

not to mention they STILL try to belittle my abilities as far as IT goes, even though they have not really got a brain between them.

WTF is wrong with them!? Can your boss give them the what-for?

That's just shitty.
Amie wrote:Cathy, I now declare you to be an awesome person, by the powers vested in me by nobody, really.
yurell wrote:We need fewer homoeopaths, that way they'll be more potent!
User avatar
Cathy
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 am UTC
Location: TX, USA

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby The EGE » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:19 pm UTC

OBrien wrote:Why do I always leave these things to the last minute? Now tomorrow I have to turn a sequened onesie into a tailcoat and find a gold-sparkled top hat and red hairspray in town.


Secretly, your rants are actually proof that you're cooler than us.
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.
User avatar
The EGE
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 am UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby RollingHead » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:46 am UTC

OBrien wrote:Why do I always leave these things to the last minute? Now tomorrow I have to turn a sequened onesie into a tailcoat and find a gold-sparkled top hat and red hairspray in town.

Columbia? :)
User avatar
RollingHead
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:47 pm UTC
Location: Italy

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Link » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:42 am UTC

My cat has gone missing. He's been out for nearly 36 hours now. It's not uncommon for him to be gone for long periods (he does that a few times a year), but it's never been this long. So yeah, really worried now. :/
User avatar
Link
418 I'm a teapot
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 am UTC
Location: ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby OBrien » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:11 pm UTC

RollingHead wrote:Columbia? :)


Maybe... (link may be considered NSFW)

As you can see, I couldn't find any hairspray in the end, but the tailcoat was surprisingly easy to make with my new sewing machine, Little Rarity. All in all everything turned out better than expected.
Spelling and grammar can go screw themselves.
User avatar
OBrien
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm UTC
Location: 1 Bimini Road, downtown Atlantis

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby userxp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:20 pm UTC

I googled for "skin care" information and virtually all the results are targeted towards women. Apparently men don't need that stuff, since they're so manly.

Link wrote:My cat has gone missing. He's been out for nearly 36 hours now. It's not uncommon for him to be gone for long periods (he does that a few times a year), but it's never been this long. So yeah, really worried now. :/


My cat used to do this. He once disappeared for three weeks! :? I have absolutely no idea where he went, but I hope you can get yours back safely.
userxp
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:40 pm UTC

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Postby Jave D » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:35 pm UTC

Yes, climate change deniers. You say that this thing called Global Warming is a myth concocted by evil liberals to steal your money. You cracked the case. We'd have gotten away with it too, if not for you damn kids. But thanks to your tireless efforts on the message board and comments section of every news outlet on the web, you've opened up the eyes of everyone to the Truth. You're the new Truth Movement, and you've gone and convinced me anyway, that scientists are all corrupt know-nothings and only right-wing anonymous internet people know what they're talking about. Thank God for you. I was about to hand over my personal savings to the evil cabal on climate change, but now I don't have to. Bless you and your stunningly persuasive arguments. If only the inhabitants of Easter Island had you around, they would have been convinced that that whole anthropogenic deforestation and ecological destruction thing was a myth too, and they wouldn't have had to give up their cash to liberals thus causing the collapse of their whole society. You save lives. And money! It's all about the fucking money! Your money! Everyone's out to get it! Especially scientists! I mean who doesn't go into the profession of ecological sciences in order to make bucketloads of cash? Everyone knows scientists are the richest people in the world. They want to rule the world! But you know the TRUTH! You expose them for their fraudulent corruption! WHAT WOULD HUMANITY DO WITHOUT YOU.
I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad?
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad.
User avatar
Jave D
chavey-dee
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:41 pm UTC

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jplus, Williamgon and 13 guests