Games you can't remember the title of.

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Games you can't remember the title of.

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 pm UTC

I can only find about 8000 flash games that deal with similar content, not the original.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby Tyrannosaur » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:59 pm UTC

* Background: We called it "Ricochet" but I'm not sure that was the real title. I remember playing it in the classroom of my Accelerated Learning Program classroom (in Arizona) on the emac that was there (all classrooms had 2-3 of them). We would also play Bugdom (and were super excited after we discovered the cheats), but ricochet was only on this specific computer.
* System: On the eMac at my elementary school
* Year: 2003-2004
* Perspective: square grid-type game - you can see the entire grid.
* Art style: sprites, grid-based
* Environment: none?
* Mood: standard puzzle- kinda like snake. Snake is a way good comparator actually.
* Genre: puzzle
* Gameplay: So there was a ball that just started moving across the grid (in straight lines along the grid). You could press the left or right keys on the keyboard to spontaneously produce a diagonal line across the square that the ball happened to be in, and the ball would bounce 90 degrees depending on which diagonal you made. The goal was to prevent the ball from hitting obstacles (ie walls or... I want to say lines that were spread across the grid--different from level to level.) I can't remember if you had to first collect certain items first (lying in certain squares on the map) but you had to put the ball in a certain square (the exit) to end the level and go onto the next one. On certain levels there were also teleport squares that would teleport you to another teleport square (and back if you went on the exit teleport).

I've searched several times for it but I keep getting Ricochet: Lost worlds and other arkanoid/breakout clones. Good games of themselves actually, but not what I'm looking for.
djessop wrote:The t-shirt should read "There are 11 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who insist the number above is pronounced as eleven no matter what base you're in".
Tyrannosaur

Postby Chrisssssssss18 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:51 pm UTC

Made an account here just to post on these forums (specifically, on this thread. Once for the game and once to thank whoever remembers, because I sure as hell don't.)

Background:
I played it when I was younger. All I can tell you for sure is it came out before the year 2000 and that this post is going to be very vague. Please ask for details if necessary, but I doubt I'll remember anything else.

System:
Windows. Can't remember if it was '95 or '98, but I'm leaning towards 95.

Year:
I played it during the mid-to-late 90s, but for all I know the game could be older than that, as my dad was a bit of a casual gamer and I've played plenty of older titles despite being a tad young (when compared to you all.)

Perspective:
Isometric, I think. Third person for sure. (as I think it was an RTS, more on this below.)

Art style:
I feel fairly certain it was sprite-based, and the quality was not amazing by any means.

Environment:
I think it was SF, where you took control of one of multiple races to defeat the others (fairly generic, yes). I do remember that the color scheme was strongly purple, and may also have contained a fair amount of yellow. It may well be that one of the races was purple and another yellow (and I believe there was more than two, but not sure), but I do know there was a great deal of purple in the scenery as well. Not that it was very detailed.
There were humanoids. Somewhere.

Mood:
No clue whatsoever.

Gameplay:
I feel rather certain it was an RTS, and I know for sure you could select specific units. I'm relatively sure that there were buildings which you could also select. You could assign actions to units, but I cannot for the life of me remember if it was in a options menu-style method or a simple "click-and-move" as is more common nowadays. I realize I'm pretty much describing "RTS 101", but this was a long time ago and I've never found anything like it again, despite fairly strong Google-fu and whatnot.

Help.
Please.

---

If those people from 2 years ago are still wondering: While I love XKCD, I found these forums by google searching "dungeons vs dungeon keeper" and finding another thread about precisely that. Then I click on the "Gaming" board, and I see this very interesting title. I actually read through the 30 pages, and Felstaff, you rock. I'm counting on you.
Chrisssssssss18

Postby zombie_monkey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:02 am UTC

War Wind II?
zombie_monkey

Postby Felstaff » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:14 pm UTC

Chrisssssssss18 wrote:the color scheme was strongly purple,

A purple RTS, you say? Can't get more purple than X-COM UFO/Enemy Unknown,

Or, perhaps... StarCraft?

However you did say you could choose your race, which you can't in XCOM. This leaves a few RTSs that emerged around the time Civ II started making waves:
  • Deadlock: Planet Conquest (could choose your race)
  • Genewars (very purple)
  • 7th Legion (way better than C&C)
  • Dark Colony (already sought by someone else in this thread!)
And the following are from cursory googling:
  • Dark Reign
  • Fallen Heaven
  • Warhammer 40k: Final Liberation (never heard of this! I want to play it!)
  • Outpost 2 (the buildings are very dark blue/purple)
  • Enemy Infestation
Habent sua fata libelli et balli
Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:12 pm UTC

RTS, not TBS Felstaff. Gosh!
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby zombie_monkey » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:48 pm UTC

Felstaff: I considered all the RTSes you mentioned besides the frist two, but they're not particularly purplish, while the interface and units of one of the races in War Wind II is a deep purple and another IIRC yellow-ish. Final Liberation is a TBS, highly recommended btw. As is Deadlock: Planetary Conquest, I haven't played it but I've heard good things about it.

EDIT: I was also pondering KKnD (2)
Last edited by zombie_monkey on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:05 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
zombie_monkey

Postby Felstaff » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:35 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:RTS, not TBS Felstaff. Gosh!

I know, but I was hoping it was X-Com, 'cause I'm buzzed about the new game.
Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Chrisssssssss18 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:50 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:A purple RTS, you say? Can't get more purple than X-COM UFO/Enemy Unknown,

However you did say you could choose your race, which you can't in XCOM. This leaves a few RTSs that emerged around the time Civ II started making waves:
  • Deadlock: Planet Conquest (could choose your race)
  • Genewars (very purple)
  • 7th Legion (way better than C&C)
  • Dark Colony (already sought by someone else in this thread!)
And the following are from cursory googling:
  • Dark Reign
  • Fallen Heaven
  • Warhammer 40k: Final Liberation (never heard of this! I want to play it!)
  • Outpost 2 (the buildings are very dark blue/purple)
  • Enemy Infestation

Thanks for the effort!
I looked through all these games - and for the record, actually own War Wind 1 - but unfortunately, none of them seem to be quite what i'm looking for.

There's a small possibility you couldn't pick your race - I may well be getting confused with my host of other RTS games played, though I do remember controlling (multiple) units and the existence of buildings, and the existence of an enemy (which always defeated me, but that's more likely due to my age than to actual good AI.)
The only thing I can say for certain is precisely that purple coloring, which stuck in my head because it was so unusually heavy.

If it helps, I think the sprites were larger than in most of the games you picked out. I can also say for sure it was nothing in the style of Deadlock: PC, and I don't think Enemy Infestation was at all like it, either, in terms of design.
Chrisssssssss18

Postby Jorpho » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:59 am UTC

For some reason I thought of Baldies, Mutant Penguins, and Age of Wonders – but none of those are purple either.
Jorpho

Postby squeakjob » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:19 am UTC

Background:I have been trying to figure this out for over 4 years. I played this on a mac around 1999-2001 on OS9. I only played it on a LAN multiplayer. It was RTS style with great graphics for the time. 3D Over head. The multiplayer was very similiar to the warcraft series...your generic control your units kill the enemy. It was a heavy medieval theme with goblins and orcs and ballistas but the detail and gore that this game had made it shine. Lots of exploding untis, blood and gore.
* System: MAC
* Year: 99-01
* Perspective: 3D Overhead
* Art style: Realistic 3D, Dark,
* Environment: Maps were large fields with minimal brush and trees lots of mud and grass.
* Mood: Dark, Gore
* Genre: RTS
* Gameplay: Rts Strategy game, fixed number of units per map??? control groups,
squeakjob

Postby Goldstein » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:58 am UTC

TA: Kingdoms? I don't know how well it fits your description as I've not played it, but it sprung to mind.
Chuff wrote:I write most of my letters from the bottom
Goldstein

Postby squeakjob » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 am UTC

Nope, this game used full 3d models and was less rpgish.
squeakjob

Postby Jorpho » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:27 pm UTC

If it was on a Mac, it was probably one of the Myth games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(series)
Jorpho

Postby captain18 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 pm UTC

Background: this game seemed to take place in fuedal japan and you played a leader samurai type guy with a gun.
system: pc
year i played it around 2000-2003
perspectiveit seemd to be in 3d and was a rts. graphics were in between warcraft3 a little more realistic.
art :japan
environment: The game seemed to take place in fuedal japan but you were fighting aliens or something like that. What was unique about the game was that you only could make peasents. With your peasants you could gather food get water or train them to be spear man or bow men. then you could combine training to make new classes like bowman+spearman=samura. Also in this game you could mount your units by capturing horses. it was awesome
mood: The game seemed dark-hopefull refuge kinda
genre RTS i believe
gameplay: it was a micro management game like starcraft or warcraft just kinda cooler.
captain18

Postby Deva » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:30 pm UTC

captain18 wrote:Background: this game seemed to take place in fuedal japan and you played a leader samurai type guy with a gun.
system: pc
year i played it around 2000-2003
perspectiveit seemd to be in 3d and was a rts. graphics were in between warcraft3 a little more realistic.
art :japan
environment: The game seemed to take place in fuedal japan but you were fighting aliens or something like that. What was unique about the game was that you only could make peasents. With your peasants you could gather food get water or train them to be spear man or bow men. then you could combine training to make new classes like bowman+spearman=samura. Also in this game you could mount your units by capturing horses. it was awesome
mood: The game seemed dark-hopefull refuge kinda
genre RTS i believe
gameplay: it was a micro management game like starcraft or warcraft just kinda cooler.

Battle Realms?
Battle_Realms.jpg
Battle_Realms.jpg (126.48 KiB) Viewed 4876 times
Changes its form depending on the observer.
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Sightori » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:14 am UTC

Background: I got this game on a "compilation CD" in the mid 90's and it was so addictive that I played it all the way to the end. Just this week, me and a mate were trying to remember all the classic games we played and I just couldn't remember the name of this one (nor can I find any reference after much searching). It's driving me crazy because it was such a good game and I need to show them !!

* System: PC
* Year: Early to 90's - For some reason I think that it may have been published be a French gaming house (but it's not Another World).
* Perspective: Isometric platformer, you could see one entire level at a time, no scrolling.
* Art style: High quality Pixel-art style, very technology-focused with computers, machines, iron gantries, etc
* Environment: The game was set inside some futuristic military/industrial complex manned by robots/soldiers in suits and automatic gun emplacements.
* Mood: Industrial/clean/light
* Genre: platform level style (mostly timing)
* Gameplay: You play the hero, who I seem to recall was red-suited? You entered each level through a "swish" door and then had to navigate to the single exit at the other side. Each level was a room of the factory/complex and sometimes there was more than one floor in the room (metal gantries). There were a lot of automatic gun emplacements and I think that the guards were robots. There were a variety of doors, cages and other items you could operate with buttons, either directly or by shooting from a distance. Your weapon was a laser of some kind and I remember that the game play was classic platform: all timing and stuff.

Please help this poor gamer.
Sightori

Postby Jorpho » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:26 pm UTC

Crusader: No Remorse or Crusader: No Regret, maybe?
Jorpho

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:29 pm UTC

Jorpho wrote:Crusader: No Remorse or Crusader: No Regret, maybe?

The Crusader series isn't a platforming series.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby Sightori » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:56 am UTC

Thanks Jorpho - that's the game all right - well done!! I didn't even know that there was a sequel/expansion pack.

Seems I was wrong about the game type though - I guess I should have called it a third person shooter.

sightori
Sightori

Postby CryptWizard » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 am UTC

Felstaff wrote:Could be one of a million side-scrolling platformers, but I'mma guess Commander Keen, as one of them was called "Keen Dreams". I never played that particular episode, but it was a side-scrolling platformer and there were about 10 of them. Sounds about as generic as your description? I know they were all for DOS because I used to get the game number mixed up with the floppy disc number. "Commander Keen 2" Now is that disk two for game one, or disk one for game two?

1.5 years later I suddenly remembered I posted here.
Just checked it and it was indeed Keen Dreams.
Thanks sooooo much!!!
CryptWizard

Postby Felstaff » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:36 am UTC

:)
Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby watchpigsfly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:06 am UTC

*Background: Uh, it was console I think, only saw it once in my neighbor's bedroom
* Year: Probably the 90s. Maybe (doubt it) early 2000s.
* Perspective: 3D. Not sure if first or third person. I think it was third person, now that I dwell on it.
* Art style: Uh, standard crappy 5th generation graphics
* Environment: I feel like it was in a cave system. I only remember like 30 seconds of it.
* Mood: Not sure. Foreboding? Intense? Silly?
* Genre: Single player (I think), adventure or strategy
* Gameplay: I remember very little. It was brown and dark-ish mostly, think minecraft caves with torches. I remember him running through some cliffs and rocks and whatever, and I think he ran into a room. Not sure what was significant about it, but I think there was like a goat thing that kept running around and knocking him over. Might have been gold or coins in there. Maybe an NPC. After a while he finished up in there or got frustrated and walked out.

I doubt anybody will be able to ID this, I barely remember anything about it.
watchpigsfly

Postby Jorpho » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 am UTC

I'll shoot randomly and suggest Arx Fatalis.
Jorpho

Postby watchpigsfly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:52 am UTC

I don't think so. I remember the graphics being a bit crappier (closer [but not in style] to Mario 64) and the gameplay being more adventure-y, not RPG.
watchpigsfly

Postby New User » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:38 am UTC

Morrowind? One of the Tomb Raider games, perhaps?
New User

Postby Greatstar11@hotmail.com » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:43 am UTC

I used to play an old game on my computer around year 2000-2001. It was downloaded from a game website; There was this annoying repetitive background music sort of christmas-y and techno mixed together and the main character was like a dog with a hat, it was a side scrolling game where you use the arrow keys an the spacebar to jump (a lot!) & you would collect presents and coins and candy canes!

I forgot the name and its driving me crazy?!
Does it sound familiar?
Greatstar11@hotmail.com

Postby Pantalaimon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:58 am UTC

Here's one:

* Background: Old DOS game, it must've been somewhere mid '80s, played it a-l-o-t on the PC. What I remember most of it is that you control a spaceship that could transform into a robot and possibly into a 3rd appearance. You fly through space killing enemy space ships and destroying cannons mounted on floating rocks and/or futuristic structures.
* System: PC, MS-DOS
* Year: Somwhere mid 80's
* Perspective: Side scroller all the way. flying left to right. Possibly scrolling at fixed rate you had to keep up with to survive.
* Art style: Sprites. I remember vaguely the intro-screen had a grid-like appearance. Possibly the ingame-screen had some fixed graphics at the bottom and/or top (I remember the flying area was kind of limited in height)
* Environment/Mood: Space. You usually start a mission in a metallic kind of tunnel. Outside you see rocks/meteors with cannons. Occasionally other tunnels come along with enemy space ships and more cannons mounted to ceilings and floors.
* Genre: Space action
* Gameplay: I remember not much more than move and shoot :)
* This game is *not* Thexder :)
Pantalaimon

Postby Divad » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:48 am UTC

Hi guys,

It's a game I rented in a PC rental store (yeah, they used to do that where I used to live) in the early 1990s ... I'm not quite sure it was 3 1/4 or 5 1/2 inches disks. It was a puzzle point-and-click adventure game. I'm not quite sure it was a ship crash/landing on a uninhabited planet or something else . Objects needed to be found to fix the ship and there were uninhabited huts, jungle, lava and I never finished the game but my father did and he told me he killed a demon/monster/whatever to finish the game ... but I was missing some object so ... never saw it.

The music was fairly good and the images were quite amazing for that time.

It would look like "The Dig" but if I remember correctly, I think there's nobody following the main character and I don't recall having talked to other characters... but is' been some decades now and ... any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Dave
Divad

Postby pocky » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:43 am UTC

Heya folks, hope someone could shed some light on a game I played in my youth.

* Year: must have been early very early 90s
* Environment: I vaguely remember the first level (i think) to be a kind of vertical 'R-type' shooter, then when you get to the end the ship flys into either a planet or an asteroid. Where it becomes a scripted CGI 1st person game, (Kind of like the same standard as Myst, or the journyman project games where you move and turn in stages) The enviroment was very profound It was almost like walking down maze like narrow corridors. the walls of which looked organic like you were inside something with membrane like doors and walls.. There were large monsters like a big four legged spider thing or tenticles rising from a pool that would kill you or eat you if you didn't act or solve some puzzle.
* Genre: must have been early pc days, with the voodoo cards or 200mhz cpu pcs
* Perspective: 3d
* Gameplay: Myst like puzzle game

Additional: I recall owning this game and it was a value brand label, like the Platinum Range on the playstation

Hope you folks can help coz I can barely recall this game >.< Thanks :)
pocky

Postby Cecilff2 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 pm UTC

pocky wrote:Heya folks, hope someone could shed some light on a game I played in my youth.

* Environment: I vaguely remember the first level (i think) to be a kind of vertical 'R-type' shooter, then when you get to the end the ship flys into either a planet or an asteroid. Where it becomes a scripted CGI 1st person game, (Kind of like the same standard as Myst, or the journyman project games where you move and turn in stages) The enviroment was very profound It was almost like walking down maze like narrow corridors. the walls of which looked organic like you were inside something with membrane like doors and walls.. There were large monsters like a big four legged spider thing or tenticles rising from a pool that would kill you or eat you if you didn't act or solve some puzzle.

Additional: I recall owning this game and it was a value brand label, like the Platinum Range on the playstation

Sounds a bit like Creature Shock. There's a star fox-ish shooter part for the first level, after which you end up on an asteroid or something. You wander corridors and monster things pop up now and then.
Cecilff2

Postby Felstaff » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:53 pm UTC

Pantalaimon wrote:Here's one:

* Background: Old DOS game, it must've been somewhere mid '80s, played it a-l-o-t on the PC. What I remember most of it is that you control a spaceship that could transform into a robot and possibly into a 3rd appearance. You fly through space killing enemy space ships and destroying cannons mounted on floating rocks and/or futuristic structures.
* Perspective: Side scroller all the way. flying left to right. Possibly scrolling at fixed rate you had to keep up with to survive.
* Art style: Sprites. I remember vaguely the intro-screen had a grid-like appearance. Possibly the ingame-screen had some fixed graphics at the bottom and/or top (I remember the flying area was kind of limited in height)
* Environment/Mood: Space. You usually start a mission in a metallic kind of tunnel. Outside you see rocks/meteors with cannons. Occasionally other tunnels come along with enemy space ships and more cannons mounted to ceilings and floors.

SideArms?
Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Jorpho » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:01 am UTC

Cecilff2 wrote:
pocky wrote:Heya folks, hope someone could shed some light on a game I played in my youth.

Sounds a bit like Creature Shock. There's a star fox-ish shooter part for the first level, after which you end up on an asteroid or something. You wander corridors and monster things pop up now and then.
Alternatively, Alien Odyssey?
Jorpho

Postby Pantalaimon » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:38 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:
Pantalaimon wrote:Here's one:

SideArms?

No, it's not SideArms.

It looks a bit like Blood Money ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goipyhIU138 )
It must've been a very obscure game.. Been looking for this gem for years, and still no lead :)
Pantalaimon

Postby Lostdreams » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:28 pm UTC

Wrong system but Arrow Flash?, Robotech: The Macross Saga, or Robotech: The New Generation?

I'm grasping now but the likelyhood of it being Macross or Robotech is pretty high as they were big in the 80's.

On a side note, if you like that sort of game, Metal Warriors for the SNES is tons of fun and has a neat multiplayer feature as well.

edit: more guessing added!
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
TrlstanC wrote:But, I'm still curious, did no one else ever learn about creationism in science class at some point, at least those who went to public school?

Sorry, we just learned science.
Lostdreams

Postby Felstaff » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:50 pm UTC

Pantalaimon wrote:It looks a bit like Blood Money ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goipyhIU138 )

That game reminds me of Cybernoid II. Or, possibly, Cybernoid I, but I never played that game. Don't think either were on DOS, though.
Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Re: Games you won't remember the title of.

Postby Divad » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:31 am UTC

Divad wrote:Hi guys,

It's a game I rented in a PC rental store (yeah, they used to do that where I used to live) in the early 1990s ... HULK not quite sure it was 3 1/4 or 5 1/2 inches disks. It was a puzzle point-and-click adventure game. HULK not quite sure it was a ship crash/landing on a uninhabited planet or something else . Objects needed to be found to fix the ship and there were uninhabited huts, jungle, lava and I never finished the game but my father did and he told me he killed a demon/monster/whatever to finish the game ... but I was missing some object so ... never saw it.

It would look like "The Dig" but if I remember correctly, I think there's nobody following the main character and I don't recall having talked to other characters... but is' been some decades now and ... any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Dave

I don't know where the "HULK" comes from ... never typed that. Replace HULK by "I ' m" ... I don't know what else to add in order to give more details since I have faded souvenirs of this game . I think it was released between 1991 and 1994.

Read the forum announcements. Turns out they're important. -ST
Divad

Re: Games you won't remember the title of.

Postby Divad » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:30 am UTC

Divad wrote:
Divad wrote:Hi guys,

It's a game I rented in a PC rental store (yeah, they used to do that where I used to live) in the early 1990s ... HULK not quite sure it was 3 1/4 or 5 1/2 inches disks. It was a puzzle point-and-click adventure game. HULK not quite sure it was a ship crash/landing on a uninhabited planet or something else . Objects needed to be found to fix the ship and there were uninhabited huts, jungle, lava and I never finished the game but my father did and he told me he killed a demon/monster/whatever to finish the game ... but I was missing some object so ... never saw it.

Thank you very much,

Dave

I don't know where the "HULK" comes from ... never typed that. Replace HULK by "I ' m" ... I don't know what else to add in order to give more details since I have faded souvenirs of this game . I think it was released between 1991 and 1994.

Read the forum announcements. Turns out they're important. -ST

I think I found it!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=BXuzx66I3cg
Divad

Postby navickas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:26 pm UTC

I dont remember much of the game, but it was kinda Similiar to Dick Smallwood in the gameplay and art style.

System : PC
Year : 1990?
Perspective : Top down, Side scrolled to different screen when exiting current screen
Art Style : cartoon like graphics, Possibly 3D in 2D world...Blood?
Environment : forest, with foresty stuff in.
Mood : kinda grim, bright colours
Genre : Action RPG, maybe.
Gameplay : Simple top down game, arrows to move.

Thats all i remember, Sorry. Be great if anyone knew what it is.
navickas

Postby Felstaff » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:58 pm UTC

Could be one of the Ultima games? If it looks anything like Dink Smallwood, it would be around the Ultima VII mark. Bear in mind however, second only to to Doom, Ultima has spawned the most clones, ever.

Then again, Ultima didn't have static screens that scrolled across when you reached the edge (a la Zelda I). Perhaps earlier Ultima games did, but those were all before my time. I think some Sierra adventure games employed the static-top-down-screen-that-scrolls-to-the-next-screen-when-you-touch-the-edge, but it was a fairly common thing for low-memory computer games
Felstaff
Occam's Taser

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming