LethalWare: New Indie Startup

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

LethalWare: New Indie Startup

Postby xGeovanni » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:19 pm UTC

Hello, I want to tell you about our new indie games and software company called LethalWare.

We currently have 2 members:
xGeovanni - CEO and Coder
Charzy - musician

We have just started and would like to become known.

Our Website: http://www.lethalware.co.uk/

Feel free to ask any questions!
xGeovanni

Re: LethalWare: New Indie Startup

Postby ConMan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:10 pm UTC

I have some questions, but they mainly involve descending into an interrogation on the topics of "what's so special about you", "how much have you actually thought about this" and "why should we care" but I don't know how hard you want to be hit right off the bat.

So for now, I'll start with a couple of easy ones:
Are you serious?
No, really, are you serious?

And in case you think I'm joking with those, let me explain that if you're expecting *any* level of success, then you're going to face those questions a lot, as well as the ones I'm prepared to ask (and others on this forum will ask too, if they feel like they can be bothered). Unless you have stuff planned behind the scenes that is a *lot* more impressive than what's up on your website right now, and you have the ability and intiative to actually make that stuff happen, then you're going to run into trouble. But I don't want to stomp on a couple of guys' dreams without reason, and if you really just plan on releasing small Newgroundsy games then you don't really need to deal with all the stuff I'm thinking of.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby Endless Mike » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:19 pm UTC

So what is your game?
Endless Mike

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 pm UTC

Blue Ball Scribble Explorer. Duh.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby xGeovanni » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:26 pm UTC

ConMan wrote:-snip-

Honestly, not much makes us special, we just want to make some games and share them.
We don't expect to get very far on what we have to offer at present, we're making more games and hope you will like them.
We will most likely continue to make our games free and open source, donations are nice, but we mostly want to learn and have people enjoy our games.

Side note: Are you Connaire Smyth?
xGeovanni

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 pm UTC

Yeah, seriously now.. What games?

Go read this, as right now we all pretty much think you're a quarter step ahead of Blasphemer in that you have a blue ball moving on scribbles.

Good job.

And I don't say this to discourage you, and I don't say it to be mean or rude, I say this to save everyone some time

Come back when you have a finished product. Come back when you have a game. Come back when there's a scoring system, a method of interacting with the world, a world to interact with. Come back when you have a game with a point of some sort, even if that point is simply "Drive in the world and run over zombies until you get sick of it and quit"

Because right now you're wasting everyone's time - ours and yours. I mean.. you're asking about Slogan suggestions. You've got a Breakout clone and a pointless blue dot on scribbles. I say pointless as you could indeed make a game revolving around a blue dot moving around a black and white world composed entirely of doodles, scribbles and a letter or something, and do something deep and meaningful with it - or at least marginally interesting - by mucking about with the text on the back.

But slogans? Now? Make a game first. You're arguing about whether or not you should put leather on the seats not just before you've built the cart, but before you've bought a horse. And... this is just an observation... any group of programmers, modders, whatever that I've seen that start discussing things like slogans before they have something they can call a finished product..... well, none of them are around anymore. Because they all fell through. Because they never made something they could call a finished product.

Again, I'm not trying to be discouraging here - I'm saying give us something to give a fuck about first.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby philsov » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:00 pm UTC

Drive in the world and run over zombies until you get sick of it and quit

I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1N IT!!!1 is a fine work of art, btw.
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.
philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger

Postby xGeovanni » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:56 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:-snip-

Good point, but the whole slogan thing is mostly in jest.
I'm working on "blue ball scribble land" and want to be able to notify people of my progress.
I admit we could have started on a stronger note, but still, games are games, and as I said before, all I want to do is share them.

To return to the slogan thing, I made up the example slogans in all of 2 minutes and It would take me a similar amount of time to add one to the logo, so I wouldn't worry about timewasting there.
xGeovanni

Return to Gaming