The Stone Roses. Fiiiinally...

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

The Stone Roses. Fiiiinally...

Postby Dream » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:04 pm UTC

I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.
Dream
WINNING

Re: The Stone Roses. Fiiiinally...

Postby charliepanayi » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:30 pm UTC

I'm not sure I can see this one being much good, I mean they have just the one great album and Ian Brown/John Squire haven't exactly set the world alight since the rather acrimonious break-up.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"
charliepanayi

Postby Various Varieties » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:50 pm UTC

Y, IMO. I loved what I saw/heard of the recent Blur and Pulp reunions and while I doubt this is likely to be as good as those, it's still exciting news.

charliepanayi wrote:I'm not sure I can see this one being much good, I mean they have just the one great album

There are a few tracks on Second Coming I really like (mostly the more guitar-focused ones like Love Spreads and Driving South), plus some lovely non-album tracks. So I'd say one-and-three-quarters-ish great albums. 8)
Various Varieties

Postby Dream » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 pm UTC

Pulp were always a way better band than their peers, and had much better quality music to fall back on.

It seems the Roses have already been rehearsing, so they must think they still have it, and must be sufficiently comfortable with one another to go ahead. That gives me much hope. Sadly, I'm less hopeful about the whole Massive World Tour planned before they've even been on stage together. That's a bit hubristic, and if there's one thing the Stone Roses always had too much of, it's hubris. Then again, maybe that's an indication that they've worked out what it was they had that was unique...
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.
Dream
WINNING

Postby jillton » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:15 pm UTC

Can't believe more people haven't commented on this!

So crazy excited for this reunion. I'm flat broke otherwise I'd have tickets to see them.... My sisters going - maybe I could steal her tickets...
"you get sloppy drunk, I stay whiskey neat"
jillton

Postby PerryDigital » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:14 pm UTC

I never thought Squire was going to do this.

I've quite liked most of Ian Browns solo stuff. I'm looking forward to it, I fucking love the Stone Roses and I've enjoyed lots of my old bands getting back together. I can't wait to see what happens.
I stole the sun and it's raining outside. I stole the sun and I ain't givin' him to anyone.
PerryDigital

Postby chritra » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:49 am UTC

This is already the ReUnion of the Yer for me. Can't wai ti see them. It's freaking awesome!
Last edited by chritra on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:19 pm UTC, edited 7 times in total.
Read cell phone signal booster review.
Use spy headphones Pay Attention To Avoid Car Accidents
chritra

Postby the_bandersnatch » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:22 am UTC

I've managed to get 2 tickets for the Fri 29th of June gig - yes yes yes!

My mate and I are going to make a weekend out of it, go paint Manchester red after the gig, it's going to be grand. I still have my reservations about the gig, mainly due to Ian Brown's live singing track record, but I've no doubt it will be An Event (with capital letters) and the atmosphere will be amazing.
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni
the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.

Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Return to Music