PnP RPGaming on IRC

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

PnP RPGaming on IRC

Postby Jesse » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:18 pm UTC

So, fellas, I've played some PnP stuff with people on IRC before and it's always fun. So I'm looking for a sexy group of people who want to get together on foonetic every Saturday night from about 6:30pm to 8:00pm Lahndahn-time. We'll be looking to run for a group of, say, 4-6 people who can regularly commit, newbies totally welcome. I can provide sourcebooks for pretty much anything we decide to play, probably starting with something simple and fun to begin with like 4th Ed D&D or Paranoia. Who wants in? (DMs welcome, because I suck at that)
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Re: PnP RPGaming on IRC

Postby AngrySquirrel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:42 pm UTC

I'd love to join you, but that is a really bad time for me to commit to anything.
Putting the fist into pacifist.
AngrySquirrel
Eats nuts for breakfast...

Postby Xeio » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:54 pm UTC

Hrmmmmm, post for potential interest. Possibly as DM, though I've only DM'd 3.5 before and it's been quite a while since I last had a go so I'm sorta hesitant to do it unless no one else wants to. :mrgreen:
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby mosc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:00 pm UTC

I'm in EST but I would be interested in participating. I'm up for any format or setting. Best times for me are later in the evening, like 10pm to midnight, Sunday-Thursday. Other times might work too.

I'd be excited to try DM'ing too but I would like to use a super simplistic system I've been designing specifically for text exchange based RPG-ing. Setting can be whatever. DM rolls all dice. DM determines difficulty of player-suggested task dynamically rather than basing it on a larger rule system (like D&D). It's very much based on the old MAGE style game, but without the dependencies on the setting. It's also based on generic d20 rules that are used occasionally online.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.

Postby Endless Mike » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:09 pm UTC

I've never really RPed, but I'd be interested, and that's actually a good time for me in EST.
Endless Mike

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:11 am UTC

I could be interested, but why IRC? Why not some kind of VoIP?
We consider every day a plus/To spend it with a platypus/We're always so ecstatic/'Cause he's semi-aquatic!

- Phineas & Ferb
An Enraged Platypus

Postby Jesse » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:32 pm UTC

I want to teach my fiancee how to play RPGs, and her internet doesn't handle VoIP too well for more than one connection at a time. It's still doable, and I imagine we'll end up using whatever software I used last time I did this (I forget the name, have to ask Belial) but I really meant just 'not play-by-post on the fora'.

Nice to see that we have interest, does anyone have a specific game they really want to try?

I have 4th Ed. DnD
Aberrant
Blowback
Breaking The Ice
Clover
Human Contact
Godsend Agenda
Little Fears: Nightmare Edition
Maschinezeit and Adventure
Murder Ghosts
Nobilis
Rooksbridge
ShockPack
Unknown Armies
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:58 pm UTC

I have all the relevant stuff for 3.5 D&D, to add to that list.

I have a vague idea for a campaign, but it'd take a while to get all the relevant background writing done. Your mileage may vary on whether D&D : 11th century Japan is too weebaboo for you or not.
We consider every day a plus/To spend it with a platypus/We're always so ecstatic/'Cause he's semi-aquatic!

- Phineas & Ferb
An Enraged Platypus

Postby Gelsamel » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:06 am UTC

I don't want to play, especially on IRC, but I want to write characters. If anyone wants villians/heroes/misc NPCs then I'll be happy to build some characters for whatever niches need to be filled.
この世に生まれてくれてありがとう。
Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Return to Gaming