PnP RPGaming on IRC

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

PnP RPGaming on IRC

Postby Jesse » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:18 pm UTC

So, fellas, I've played some PnP stuff with people on IRC before and it's always fun. So I'm looking for a sexy group of people who want to get together on foonetic every Saturday night from about 6:30pm to 8:00pm Lahndahn-time. We'll be looking to run for a group of, say, 4-6 people who can regularly commit, newbies totally welcome. I can provide sourcebooks for pretty much anything we decide to play, probably starting with something simple and fun to begin with like 4th Ed D&D or Paranoia. Who wants in? (DMs welcome, because I suck at that)
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Re: PnP RPGaming on IRC

Postby AngrySquirrel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:42 pm UTC

I'd love to join you, but that is a really bad time for me to commit to anything.
The way to a man's heart goes through his ribcage. Screaming "KALIMA KALIMA" also helps.
AngrySquirrel
Eats nuts for breakfast...

Postby Xeio » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:54 pm UTC

Hrmmmmm, post for potential interest. Possibly as DM, though I've only DM'd 3.5 before and it's been quite a while since I last had a go so I'm sorta hesitant to do it unless no one else wants to. :mrgreen:
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby mosc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:00 pm UTC

I'm in EST but I would be interested in participating. I'm up for any format or setting. Best times for me are later in the evening, like 10pm to midnight, Sunday-Thursday. Other times might work too.

I'd be excited to try DM'ing too but I would like to use a super simplistic system I've been designing specifically for text exchange based RPG-ing. Setting can be whatever. DM rolls all dice. DM determines difficulty of player-suggested task dynamically rather than basing it on a larger rule system (like D&D). It's very much based on the old MAGE style game, but without the dependencies on the setting. It's also based on generic d20 rules that are used occasionally online.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.
mosc
Doesn't care what you think.

Postby Endless Mike » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:09 pm UTC

I've never really RPed, but I'd be interested, and that's actually a good time for me in EST.
Endless Mike

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:11 am UTC

I could be interested, but why IRC? Why not some kind of VoIP?
We consider every day a plus/To spend it with a platypus/We're always so ecstatic/'Cause he's semi-aquatic!

- Phineas & Ferb
An Enraged Platypus

Postby Jesse » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:32 pm UTC

I want to teach my fiancee how to play RPGs, and her internet doesn't handle VoIP too well for more than one connection at a time. It's still doable, and I imagine we'll end up using whatever software I used last time I did this (I forget the name, have to ask Belial) but I really meant just 'not play-by-post on the fora'.

Nice to see that we have interest, does anyone have a specific game they really want to try?

I have 4th Ed. DnD
Aberrant
Blowback
Breaking The Ice
Clover
Human Contact
Godsend Agenda
Little Fears: Nightmare Edition
Maschinezeit and Adventure
Murder Ghosts
Nobilis
Rooksbridge
ShockPack
Unknown Armies
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:58 pm UTC

I have all the relevant stuff for 3.5 D&D, to add to that list.

I have a vague idea for a campaign, but it'd take a while to get all the relevant background writing done. Your mileage may vary on whether D&D : 11th century Japan is too weebaboo for you or not.
We consider every day a plus/To spend it with a platypus/We're always so ecstatic/'Cause he's semi-aquatic!

- Phineas & Ferb
An Enraged Platypus

Postby Gelsamel » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:06 am UTC

I don't want to play, especially on IRC, but I want to write characters. If anyone wants villians/heroes/misc NPCs then I'll be happy to build some characters for whatever niches need to be filled.
Death is the final sorrowful parting from which there is no return. But hope is not yet lost, for there is a simple incantation, a spell of transmutation that brings about the reversal, that permits escape from the infinite well.

"I was here with you"

That is my golden truth.
Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Return to Gaming