[L]Firefly Mafia - Game Over - Serenity Crew Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 3 - RIVER!

Postby Angua » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:45 pm UTC

Fire Brns - did you ever do your analysis of the day one votes? Are you going to give us what you think?

So, we won't know when we've killed off all the factions. This will always leave us speculating, but I guess it will keep us on our toes, which admittedly is more fun.
mrface wrote:There is always the possibility that Reaver kills look like they've been Reavers all along, or something similar.
What exactly do you mean by this statement? I can't quite wrap my head around it - I think I might be missing context somewhere. Are you saying that when a Reaver kills someone, the victim gets pegged as a convert (ie Adacore was never a reaver)? How do you explain the gunshot?

I agree with roband that we don't trust Amy even if mrface turns out to be scum. However, I've heard that amy doesn't play scum very well because she doesn't lie very well, but I'm not sure if that meta is true (anyone who's played with her before care to comment?). We might get lucky there.

Will be informed if we are at Lylo or Mylo?
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby mpolo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:18 pm UTC

It would have been an interesting mechanic -- that the Reavers kill somebody and the victim looks like a Reaver. However, as Angua says, this doesn't really mesh with the flavor. The gunshot was almost certainly Alliance or vigilante.
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby Fire Brns » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:20 pm UTC

Angua wrote:Fire Brns - did you ever do your analysis of the day one votes? Are you going to give us what you think?
Day 1 seems to useless to pair with day 2. If I'm not lynched today I'll have 2 solid data points to work with tomorrow.
In other words:
一号和二号不是好可是二号和三号是好
^Is not very good Mandarin.

And it was never definitively proved that reavers don't have guns. They like harpoons and hooks alot but they didn't bat an eye at the AA gun on the roof of Serenity in the movie. But then again the body would probably be described as mutilated or something odd.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.
Fire Brns

Postby mpolo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 pm UTC

Fire Brns wrote:一号和二号不是好可是二号和三号是好

Interestingly enough, Google Translate actually made something halfway understandable out of that:

I and II is not good but 2 and 3 is good
mpolo

Postby Mostlynormal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:18 pm UTC

Unvote

Amy seems to acting a little weird. In fact her behavior has seemed strange from D1, but maybe that's just because I'm not used to playing with her. Anyway, I think it's weird that she's going to base her vote off of an early D1 hunch. I'll have my eye on her.

FAOT's reminder that he's no longer confirmed town, though true, is a little strange. I can easily imagine scum doing that to get townie points.
Mostlynormal

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:54 am UTC

mrface wrote:There is always the possibility that Reaver kills look like they've been Reavers all along, or something similar. However, a cult is by far the most likely.

Okay, I can understand that thinking. But my main point is still that you haven't done any real scum hunting. FYI, Angua always acts very passive, especially D1, although maybe you haven't ever played with her before? Anyway, who do you think is currently scummy?

In fact, why isn't anyone saying who they think is scummy? I know I can't expect a full analysis from everyone, but at least give a top candidate for a lynch right now. Otherwise we've got nothing to work with.

Looking back at the kills, we have one kill N1 by gunshot and one kill N2 by *something that failed* then a gunshot.
"One of us." *bang* "Well that didn't go as planned."

Everyone rushes out at the bang to see the body of Adacore lying there, mutilated and shot.

"Such a strange incident."

"RIVER!"
"Well that didn't go as planned." seems too articulate for a Reaver. From the flavor it seems like a recruit that failed resulting in death instead? But the N1 kill was either a vig or Reaver kill unless the alliance kill was redirected onto themselves. If someone used a redirect power N1, the person you redirected was probably alliance.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby Sungura » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:15 am UTC

Mrface has said/done nothing that changes the way I am reading him. I would rather put a vote on something I am sure of. There are things he has said today that have struck me equally as odd, and have been pointed out by others so I didnt feel the need to rehash.

I also put forth the idea of brook, who I would also be willing to vote on but I see rever as a worse threat than an independent. Independents are often of some help for the town as they have equal chance of being killed by mafia so usually early-game they are on the town side and start flipping later game depending on their role. Aka independents are not necessarily bad for town, a rever cult is. Therefore I have kept my vote where it is.

Az bothers me but I would call it more shoddy playing than anything else at this point.

boomfrog is trying to get conversations started and doing some analysis which is actually helpful rather than just rehashing things.

firebrns is being cryptic and annoying but that's neither here nor there as far as towniness.

mpolo and roband are posting little snippets, often kinda condensing what has already been said or stating obvious things but sometimes throwing in new thoughts.

second shaddow (brook) keeps poping in to promise good posts, and never delivers.

I can't think of other people's names in the game probably because you haven't posted much either!!!

tl/dr very few people are actually...you know...PLAYING. This makes any analysis of any sort hard, and anyone who posts more is going to come into more scruitiny and as such more things will be found that people will interpret as off in some way or another. And...this hurts the town as you are then stuck at looking only at the few people while the scum can sit back and hide with all the other scared widdle poor townies. So post damnit! Have an opinion, state it, and stick to it until/unless you see reason to change the opinion! Stop being so friggin' wishywashy pissyfooting around.
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Mostlynormal » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:22 am UTC

Amy has a point. Once again, sitting around saying "I don't have anything good to go on" or something to that effect is just not helpful to town. If there's a cult around recruiting then it's very likely that either Chandani or FAOT is scum. Like I said before, FAOT has been acting a little weird, and unfortunately Chandani hasn't been around at all so I can't get a read off of her. So, the person I would lynch right now is FAOT and I'm willing to put my vote where my mouth is.

Vote: FAOT
Mostlynormal

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:32 am UTC

Yeah, I am playing pretty badly, and I might have already cost us the game, so there is that. I've stepped back to try and reevaluate what is going on, because so far I've got no real feel for anyone, and it is getting a bit irritating.

FAOT has that evil looking joker avatar which makes me feel the same twinge of suspicion that scummy play would. It may seem unintuitive but this makes me less apt to try and lynch him, as I automatically assign all suspicion to a false positive from the avatar.

However Angua has built up enough suspicion that her avatar triggers my Scumdar while quickly skimming the thread. This is not something to base a vote off of though, just an interesting observation, though, when I'm awake I'll have to remember who claimed what, and to check over Angua in detail.
Azrael001

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:00 am UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:Amy has a point. Once again, sitting around saying "I don't have anything good to go on" or something to that effect is just not helpful to town. If there's a cult around recruiting then it's very likely that either Chandani or FAOT is scum. Like I said before, FAOT has been acting a little weird, and unfortunately Chandani hasn't been around at all so I can't get a read off of her. So, the person I would lynch right now is FAOT and I'm willing to put my vote where my mouth is.

Vote: FAOT

FAOT very well may be a Reaver by now, but he is not the original cult leader. Assuming that the recruiting stops when the leader dies we need to kill the leader ASAP. If it wasn't stated as specifically counter productive by the mod I'd actually be recommending we finish claiming since we have several outed main crew by now the traditional downside is already been paid. But anyway, we should save cleaning up the recruits for later.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby mpolo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:28 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Looking back at the kills, we have one kill N1 by gunshot and one kill N2 by *something that failed* then a gunshot.
"One of us." *bang* "Well that didn't go as planned."

Everyone rushes out at the bang to see the body of Adacore lying there, mutilated and shot.

"Such a strange incident."

"RIVER!"
"Well that didn't go as planned." seems too articulate for a Reaver. From the flavor it seems like a recruit that failed resulting in death instead? But the N1 kill was either a vig or Reaver kill unless the alliance kill was redirected onto themselves. If someone used a redirect power N1, the person you redirected was probably alliance.

I think that this is indicating either a vig kill (the vig saw that he killed River and said "That didn't go as planned") or it's an Alliance kill, but the Alliance actually needed to capture River in some way rather than kill her.

The "One of us" may just be the successful recruit.

(Sorry for the snippet -- I have to go now, though.)
mpolo

Postby roband » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:16 am UTC

Flavour wise, I don't expect only the first Reaver to be able to recruit.

Game mechanic wise, maybe.

My reason for quietness is a rather complicated mechanic that I have to work with (since we're claiming), but I won't say more than that - for now.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:26 am UTC

I'm away all weekend, dont expect anything substantial from me till at least monday.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Fire Brns » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:37 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:firebrns is being cryptic and annoying but that's neither here nor there as far as towniness.
Thank you, I try.
Looking at just votes I want to say roband(no offence) but that doesn't seem right. This is a gut feeling which for a paranoid personality is as usefull as a compass on the moon.

DISCLAIMER:
Do not take my advice, the odds are against me.
Also:
I suggest investing in pork futures.
roband wrote:Flavour wise, I don't expect only the first Reaver to be able to recruit.

One reaver can recruit at a time is my guess.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Fire Brns

Postby Sungura » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:39 pm UTC

Speaking to the recruiting mechanism, if we have an inheritable every night recruit, we are pretty screwed overall. This sort of cult mechanic is what made the cult so powerful in the Matrix game (sorry you youngun's who don't remember that one :P). Cults need to have some sort of limit to their recruiting power or at the very least not an inheritable or anyone-in-it can recruit method. The most common thing to do is only the original cult leader can recruit. Assuming this, we are still in big trouble as obviously River was not an original member.

As to the flavour, I read it in order, i.e. River was culted this past (N2) night and killed right after. Basically "heehee we culted river" *bam* "oh shit, well that was a wasted recruit".

There are definitly some interesting mechanics in play over all. If we look at the night kills, N1 alliance was hit, N2 rever was hit. It makes me wonder if there is a seeing role (such as Inara, perhaps) connected with a vig role (I could see perhaps Jayne being cast as a vig with how much he likes guns and shooting).

This is worrysome because what is the mechanic for the scum then? Do we perhaps not have true scum (in the sense of a team that can kill every night) in this game, and only a cult of revers? Revers clearly go mad and I could see a mecahnic balance being kill or recruit every night but not both, I think I have mentioned this before, in which case it makes sense to recruit early-game to get numbers, and then start killing later-game. In the end (movie) the revers were attacking everyone - Serenity crew and Alliance ships alike, so I am starting to wonder, based on the killings so far in the game, if our game mechanic is one of a cult who can recruit and kill, and a vig/see-er, with Alliance people underpowered and a tertiary group. With River dead, their game goal may even be dead too as in the show they wanted to catch River as someone else pointed out.

As a mod, a cult that can kill or recruit (and perhaps maintain that ability so long as there were members, or transferable once, i.e. two initial cult members, either can send a kill/recruit order), along with a team after a certain person (or two, if you count both Simon and River), would balance a town with vig powers nicely as in essence the town would have two kills a day (lynch + vig kill) and then you have one possibly two night kills from other teams. This kind of setup would make sense to me.
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
Sungura

Postby Mostlynormal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 am UTC

Boomfrog made a good point about FAOT but I'm utterly lost right now so my vote stays for the moment, as I'd rather lynch someone who has at least some good chance of being scum at all. I might go back and read through a bit tommorrow.
Mostlynormal

Postby mrface » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:22 am UTC

Fire Brns wrote:
Sungura wrote:firebrns is being cryptic and annoying but that's neither here nor there as far as towniness.
Thank you, I try.
Looking at just votes I want to say roband(no offence) but that doesn't seem right. This is a gut feeling which for a paranoid personality is as usefull as a compass on the moon.

DISCLAIMER:
Do not take my advice, the odds are against me.
Also:
I suggest investing in pork futures.
roband wrote:Flavour wise, I don't expect only the first Reaver to be able to recruit.

One reaver can recruit at a time is my guess.
I'm pretty sure you're saying you have a gut suspicion of roband? Could you be clearer? Gut suspicions at this point in the game should really have some sort of backing. And just generally, you know, making an effort to communicate would be nice.

BoomFrog wrote: But my main point is still that you haven't done any real scum hunting. FYI, Angua always acts very passive, especially D1, although maybe you haven't ever played with her before? Anyway, who do you think is currently scummy?
No, I've never played in a game with Angua before. That doesn't change my suspicions, though. She's been acting just as passive as she was D1.

Sorry for the quick-ish post. I should have enough time to post something with a bit more substance tomorrow.
mrface

Postby Azrael001 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:03 am UTC

I went over Angua's posts. She seems town to me. Being indecisive on day one is certainly not a scum-tell, and day two was cut short by some idiot, so this really counts as day two, despite the extra night.
Azrael001

Postby mpolo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:42 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:FAOT very well may be a Reaver by now, but he is not the original cult leader. Assuming that the recruiting stops when the leader dies we need to kill the leader ASAP. If it wasn't stated as specifically counter productive by the mod I'd actually be recommending we finish claiming since we have several outed main crew by now the traditional downside is already been paid. But anyway, we should save cleaning up the recruits for later.

If (as it seems at the moment) the Reavers have no kill, then they may well recruit even if the original Reaver dies. If Amy is correct, and they have some sort of recruit or kill mechanism, then I'm not so sure (although in Harry Potter Mafia, the Death Eaters had almost exactly this mechanism, and any of them could carry out the action). It seems quite unlikely that they can do a kill and a recruit on the same night (which would necessitate that the recruit ends with the death of Reaver One, I think), simply because we have seen no Reaver kills at all yet.

I'm not liking Fire Brns's cryptic commentary. As mrface said, it seems that there is a gut feeling against roband there, but it's so vague as to be unuseful.

Amy is holding fast to this suspicion against mrface, which was originally supported by very slight evidence. On the meta side, her scumdar is generally so good that I don't want to discount her opinion -- if she's town, she's generally right about these things. I need to take some reread time, particularly on mrface and Amy to see if I can make up my mind about the two of them. I have a few things to get done with first, but hopefully I can come back today to look at this.
mpolo

Postby Angua » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:03 am UTC

I think Amy's ideas about how the game works makes sense (I've never modded a game, so I don't really know how to think in terms of game balance - I assume that comes with a lot of experience). Does anyone else who's modded a lot of games have anything to say about it (whether or not they think it's likely)?

If that's the case, then we need to focus on the revers. I'm not sure how we'll find the original rever, but I guess mr. face speculating that they could be an sk cult is as good a place as any to start.

Fire burns is also pinging me, though it's probably because they don't seem to be contributing much and as they weren't here for previous days, I don't have anything to compare them to. My vote will probably be with either one or the other.

I will

vote: fire burns

for now. This is mainly to see what other people think about them, and hopefully to force them into giving us some actual substance.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Fire Brns » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:44 am UTC

I think Roband is maintaining a "presence" that is a little "too townie" for me. But again this is my first game of mafia in a while and the way I played it was a bit different.
Fire Brns

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:52 am UTC

I'm all for lynching lurkers in most settings, however in the case of a cult with unknown recruiting repeatability, I think that it is much more likely that active players would be recruited than inactive players. TheSecondShadow active lurking is more suspicious to me than inactivity, which is merely irritating. I'm still not quite ready to vote though.
Azrael001

Postby mpolo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:26 pm UTC

Sorry, I was out all day today and got finished with what I had to do yesterday much later than planned.

I agree that we can't just go for lynching lurkers. It is imperative that we slow down this cult.

@Angua: Fire brns is still quite new, which may explain the less than stellar posting record. And flavory games can be overwhelming for new players. This is not really an excuse, though. I hope that Fire can get back here with some analysis.

That puts me more or less up to date, except for reviewing Amy and mrface. Which I will again try to do tomorrow.
mpolo

Postby roband » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:18 pm UTC

I truly have nothing to add right now. Been away all weekend, but nothing has changed. Sungura has made a very safe post, full of spec - but which says nothing else useful.
My vote stays.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:31 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:I'm all for lynching lurkers in most settings, however in the case of a cult with unknown recruiting repeatability, I think that it is much more likely that active players would be recruited than inactive players.

Well, Adacore was recruited N1 or N2 when he had been very inactive, so I think it just depends on who is calling the shots. Recruiting lurkers could be a good strategy since they tend to survive as long as they are not modkilled. Anyway, that's all pure wine and if there was a pattern before now the cult will probably change it up now that we've discussed it.

mpolo wrote:If (as it seems at the moment) the Reavers have no kill, then they may well recruit even if the original Reaver dies. If Amy is correct, and they have some sort of recruit or kill mechanism, then I'm not so sure (although in Harry Potter Mafia, the Death Eaters had almost exactly this mechanism, and any of them could carry out the action). It seems quite unlikely that they can do a kill and a recruit on the same night (which would necessitate that the recruit ends with the death of Reaver One, I think), simply because we have seen no Reaver kills at all yet.
If the Reavers can recruit each night, and anyone in their group can carry out the recruit then we almost can't win. There seems to be only one NK which I think is a vig kill. But if the vig dies or gets recruited then we only have the lynch, and can never catch up to one recruit each night even if we lynch perfectly. An recruit each night without any limitation would be broken unless town has a LOT of powers. And assuming Alliance was supposed to be more of a threat then they ended up being I think it'd be broken even with a very powerful town. I think Reavers only have a limited number of recruits for the game and kill on the other nights, or they can only recruit while the leader is alive.
BoomFrog

Postby mpolo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 am UTC

Just to make sure I get something in here about this. I looked at the Sungura-offending mrface post. It is a very detailed suggestion of a mechanic, but it also seems to be completely wrong, based on the total lack of reaver-like kills.

Amy herself started with Reavers as serial killers, then hooked onto the idea of an SK-cult.

In that, I don't think she had that much less spec (or less detailed) than mrface about the Reavers.

I do think that Amy is pretty certainly not a reaver as of now. Alliance is still a possibility, as she was spreading a lot of ideas about the "hands of blue" guys, who would appear to either not be in the game or have a completely different mechanic.

Next step is to look at the remaining posts from the two of them.
mpolo

Postby Sungura » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:33 pm UTC

Yes, I have refined my thoughts on game mechanics due to the lack of kills that seemed to be inherent given initial cannon characters which is quite confusing. As any way I'm looking at it now, it seems like we have an overpowered cult which is reminding me of the Matrix game. There was no limit to Smith recruiting powers and additionally they could pass on their recruit. Now, since that game it's considered an extremely bad idea to allow a transferable recruiting and normally only the cult leader can recruit now and once they are dead the cult doesn't get recruits. But infina is newer and I'm not sure would realize this, in addition, we clearly have not hit original rever. If we can hit original rever we might have a shot assuming recruiting power dies with them.

The other thing we have to worry about is recruited players often keep their original role powers but they are simply re-aligned with cult. If this holds true for Revers, then as they get our power roles they will gain even more, well, power. This also happened in the Matrix game. (ex: Trinity was mason with Morphus and Neo. Neo was un-cultable but Smiths did then get Morphus, and then once the inventor was recruited, the Smiths tried to invent a way to cult the DXM but won that night anyway) Of course, for Rever flavor it would make more sense to once culted lose any prior abilities; however with the culting of River (which seems highly unlikely given story-cannon) I dont hold out hope for that.
Sungura

Postby _infina_ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:40 pm UTC

Votals:
mrface - 2 (Amy, BF)
FOAT - 0 (Mostlynormal)
FireBrns - 0 (Angua)

Only five people can currently vote due to activity. They are Az, mpolo, roband, BF, and Amy.

Deadline in under 48 hours.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby roband » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:50 pm UTC

I don't have a vote down?

Vote: Sungura
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Angua » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 pm UTC

I'm sorry for disappearing - I've been throwing up since Monday night and have only just got around to waking up.

I know fire burns is new, but they still haven't given us very much to go on - I'm not that impressed. They keep saying that they are used to playing differently - maybe they should elaborate so we know what we can expect from them until they get on their feet? My vote for them didn't seem to do much though.

roband wrote:I truly have nothing to add right now. Been away all weekend, but nothing has changed. Sungura has made a very safe post, full of spec - but which says nothing else useful.
My vote stays.
Your vote doesn't seem to be in infina's votals - maybe you should check into that?

Not that it matters much, but
unvote

I am not that opposed to a mrface lynch - so we'll see if amy's gut is right, i guess.

Sorry again for hte lack of posting :(
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:20 pm UTC

Being in the Matrix game, I remember the creeping terror of knowing that the Smiths were spreading. Watching with growing alarm as the town trudged closer and closer to defeat. The final despair when victory was inevitable. And I remember it's delicious taste.

This game does not feel like that game, though I have been wrong before. Frankly no one really seems scummy, and that has got to do with active lurking by many, rather than any real skill. Verily I say unto you, heed the words of Sungura, for you ignore her prescience at your own peril. Do not make a Cassandra out of our oracle.

Vote: mrface
Azrael001

Postby Fire Brns » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 pm UTC

Sorry, internet was down. Bright House *facepalm*.

Anyway, my old mafia games happened in less than a day normally, Anyone who acted townly at all was killed in the night and because everyone acted scummy it was harder for people to lynch the right person. The upside was that there were more groups so it wasn't mafia friendly.
Fire Brns

Postby mpolo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:40 pm UTC

That may be hammer, based on how many people are currently able to vote.

I kind of trust Sungura more than I do mrface, and neither of the other options are particularly interesting. FAOT can't be "Reaver One", though he might still be a Reaver. Fire Brns is one I need to hear more from.

If this turns out to not have been hammer, I'll go ahead and vote mrface (pending newer developments). If this was hammer, I apologize for posting after hammer.
mpolo

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Night 3 - Quiet.

Postby _infina_ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:10 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:That may be hammer, based on how many people are currently able to vote.

You are correct.

They argued for a long time, but slowly the group shrank in size. Those left started to come to a consensus, deciding among themselves that mrface was the one that was the most dangerous. The five remaining grabbed the one known as mrface and placed him in the airlock. a push of a button later and he was no more.

mrface has been ejected from the ship.
It is now night 3.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby _infina_ » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 pm UTC

They all rise to another cycle. A quick check on the personal effects of mrface reveal a most shocking development. Rotten flesh and violent tendancies. He was a Reaver. But something even more shocking was that no one was killed during the night.

mrface was a reaver.
It is now Day 4.
12 Players, 7 to lynch.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:57 pm UTC

I gave the cloak to Amy last night, and following her seems to have been useful. It should have been impossible for her to be converted then, so we need only worry that she is Alliance I think.
Azrael001

Postby roband » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:01 am UTC

And I am still worried. Not only is she still alive (yeahyeahyeah OBVI-META is bad), I maintain that her reasoning for the mrface lynch was weak. And people only voted him to follow her, as far as I remember.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:13 am UTC

Good catch Amy. Guess we gotta look closely at those people trying to lynch you.

I was informed that someone tried to kill me last night but it failed. I had a one-shot kill immunity (or maybe I'm lieing, the only way scum are going to find out is if they try to kill me again). I'm claiming incase we have a town roleblocker. I wouldn't want them 'outting' themselves thinking they blocked the kill. I also got a strange PM from the mods asking me what they tried to kill me with. I'm going to respond incase it's a clue to who the killer was. I've responded with 'alliance issued pistol'. Nothing says I couldn't share the info with the group and if anything bad happens to me, you have some clues why.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Sungura » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:50 am UTC

FAOT - That's odd to be asked for what you wanted to be killed with, I can't think of any games where weapons mattered except for games based on varied weapons and/or fighting which this one really isn't. Are there any clues as to what bearing this had which would be safe to share? I can't see it being useful immediately but perhaps in the future if anyone is targeted and asked what they wanted to be killed with, the same answer would be safe to give?

For people questioning my reading abilities I'd like to say "told you so". I think I deserve that. And I definitely feel better to have hit original reaver but I was looking at game numbers and I think we started with two original reavers, and it is pretty common to start with two for a cult. Usually original members can recruit so I dont think we are out of the woods yet as far as not having to worry about that cancer spreading. I maintain my belief in the mechanics of them being a SK cult, that can kill or recruit per night (which keeps the balance). There has been consistently one kill per night from the start of the game which seems to say they are still recruiting and have not started killing yet. My guess is their strategy is as long as they have an original member to recruit, perhaps they can keep their kill power even with leaders dead. This sort of setup would make perfect sense so far.

Running numbers: 2 initial members, +3 recruits, is five revers. Original #1 lynched, and a culted (river) killed. So there are 3 reavers running around presumably, original #2 plus 2 recruits. If we take out original #2 today, culting stops assuming this theory, and we only have 2 converted to contend with but also perhaps an additional night kill. The two converted are likely from our claimed town and/or lurkers.

One person I am really not happy with is Second Shadow. He has been posting about once per day, always basically promising analysis or excuse for not posting, and never delivering. I also marked him earlier as thinking he was independent because initially his play was poor which is more a sign of him being independent, but his continual lurking over the last...well hasn't this game been going almost a MONTH now? - and NO content of posts but enough to keep under the radar, I'm thinking he might be alliance scum. I will be looking further in to him this game day and at the moment not opposed to a lynch on him. My other goal for this game day is to figure out the 2nd original rever.
Sungura

Postby Mostlynormal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 am UTC

Ok so first off I apologize for not posting more. I'll try to make up for that some today.

Roband's point about Amy makes some sense but I don't think weak reasoning on a vote that lynched prominent scum is that huge of a scumtell. Even if she is scum, that lynch has convinced me that there is something to Amy's gut, even if that doesn't mean we should follow it blindly.

Since mrface had no rolename other than reaver, it's safe to assume that the all-seeing Amy was right and that we got the cult head. In light of this (though there may be recruits hanging around), our main target is now the alliance, right? (ninja'd: maybe not)

That means we can ignore FAOT, Az, and Chandani for now because even if they got culted, they were definitely town at the beginning of the game. (still basically true I guess)

Looking back Angua seems really scummy to me. From the beginning of the game she's been non-committal, which is apparently her style, but it's been a very consistent and pervasive non-committalness. D1 she voted for greenlover, a safe lurker vote that no one else was going to join. The fact that greenlover flipped alliance, along with the fact that he obviously wouldn't be lynched means it could easily be seen as an attempt at distancing. Her vote for fire brns once again gave us very little information, and led to nothing anyway. I think we should lynch Angua today. I've also got my eye on mpolo and TheSecondShadow, for similar reasons. Fire brns has been acting strange obviously, but unfortunately so strange there's no way for me to read them.

Vote: Angua

Ninja'd by Amy: So Amy thinks a second cult head may be possible. I wouldn't know much about that but if it's a possibility we should still be looking out for the cult. Anyway most of my points about Angua (all except the distancing) stand whether she's a reaver or alliance scum, so I'll keep my vote there for now. Also one minor thing in Amy's post--there were two kills on night 1.

Final Note: Is it at all possible that keeping the alliance alive would be beneficial at this point? It seems a lot of kills have hit other scum of some kind so far. I also know that if the cult is getting powerful alliance would have a motivation to go after it. I guess it mostly depends on whether there were one or two cult heads and how many times they recruited--things we don't know yet, and that I don't know how to guess at.
Mostlynormal

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia