The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:11 pm UTC

Firefly:
Spoiler:
I love these circumstances: 2 alliance, 2 reavers and a town died. Replacement, have fun convincing everyone you got the short odds on that pick.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.
Fire Brns

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:12 pm UTC

Zombie
Spoiler:
FoS: Mostlynormal
Gee, TMG died, and now suddenly Tim looks so scummy, we should probably kill them! Seeing how I was quite easy to set up for a thing like that, I don't think too highly of this accusation. If I didn't want to seem obvious, then why would I kill the one that has a vote on me, as opposed to the one that doesn't? It just doesn't add up, and seems to set-up. I'm being framed here, and I'm going to take it out on the first person that attacks me for it.

@yesterday, I thought I had a read, and acted on it.. Too bad the read turned out to be completely false, apologies for that. Apart from that, real life has made me a bit cranky. Still, I take full responsibility for all my actions.
@GoP: Scum and SK can't kill eachother. Our only chance is if SK kills scum, and the we take out the SK. If SK or town get lynched, we're done for. If we get scum, we still have to rely on the SK, as if he lynches town it's 1/1/1, which means the remaining townie is kingmaker. If he doesn't vote or votes for scum, SK wins, if he votes for SK, scum wins.

Needed to store.
t1mm01994

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:30 pm UTC

Firefly:
Spoiler:
I've done my job, for the good of us all a sacrifice is made. If that button does what I think it does then good luck guys.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.
Fire Brns

Postby Sungura » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 am UTC

Firefly
Spoiler:
wtf az?
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby _infina_ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:30 am UTC

Firefly needs a replacement.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:47 am UTC

Zombies:
Spoiler:
Wow, lets hope this works. I'm hoping to lynch scum, and then let t1mm kill the other scum. They'll have a 50/50 shot of killing town or scum. If they kill town, I will give t1mm the win. If they kill scum, town will win.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby Woopate » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am UTC

Zombies:
Spoiler:
I knew I would like this game. Though confused as to why webby went against the plan.
Woopate
Scrapple

Postby Misnomer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:04 am UTC

Zombies:
Spoiler:
*cackles*

Yes town, make all the demands you like. Let's see where it gets you.

Also, psyche!
Misnomer

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:15 am UTC

Radical_Initiator has dropped from The Underworld Game. I do not need a replacement as he never actually entered the game, but if someone wants to join the game they can take his spot. PM me if you are interested.

Spot taken.
Last edited by BoomFrog on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby Woopate » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:15 am UTC

Zombies:
Spoiler:
I really really really hope I didn't break the fun of the game. If I did I am super duper sorry. It really seemed like a good move at the time. If it sucks, I'll be much more cautious in the future.

EDIT: Zombies:
Spoiler:
What I hope I did:
From my calculations, sk gets a win if any 3 persons die.
If 2 persons die, there's a chance for two scum wins, a town win, and a town Kingmaker.
If 1 person dies, there's a town win, a scum win, and a town Kingmaker.
If the above is true, the game must now not be played based upon suspicion, but each faction predicting what the other will do. The ultimate WIFOM/MAD scenario.

Plus I dislike being threatened into complacency. The thing that might suck is if I got it wrong and there's a way for SK to win no matter what that I failed to reason through.

Most likely scenario I can think of is a 2 man town kingmaker unless sk wants to decide who wins between town/scum
Woopate
Scrapple

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 am UTC

Zombies:
Spoiler:
Woopate, thank you for clearing the lake of wine! I was uncertain for a bit, but well, you helped me pretty much get a free win from here on.. Thanks, again!

Underworld:
Spoiler:
/love/ the flavour. kudos on that, BF :)
t1mm01994

Postby Mostlynormal » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:51 pm UTC

Zombies:
Spoiler:
I'm totally bluffing right now. Mafia could try the exact same deal, and we could both mess each other up bad if the other tried that. If people are smart, we'll probably end up in a "bidding war" with the probability of letting SK win increasing ever more. I'm just hoping GoP will get online and back me up so I can hammer before anything else happens.
Mostlynormal

Postby Adam H » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 pm UTC

Zombies:
Spoiler:
Mostlynormal wrote:if I want to make deals like this in a future game I have to keep my word.
Future games? Which part of "Zombie APOCALYPSE" do you not understand?! :D

Now a concrete promise regarding the Underworld game would be really really awesome. I'm pretty sure BF would love that.
-Adam
Adam H

Postby rigwarl » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:40 pm UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
Man, I am so freaking confused. I suck at this game.
rigwarl

Postby ConMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm UTC

Zombies:
Spoiler:
Wow. That is definitely a gutsy move by woopate. I have to say, it's not every day you see a scum roleclaim. And by this point I'm so lost I'm not even sure if it's genuine or not!
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby roband » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm UTC

Not a spoiler, but I can't post it in the game thread either.
Resistance:
AdamH wrote:Well, I'm only a member of this forum because of Resistance 3.5. So yeah, I'm having more fun than I usually do.

You mean, you stuck around because you did so well in that game? lololololol

Or just to have your revenge on me at some point? :o
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby TheSecondShadow » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 pm UTC

Firefly
Spoiler:
So I totally anticipated me finally saying something being met with a tsunami of votes, but it seems no one is posting for the moment. Thankfully this means I can reintegrate without dying. Course, I still want to lay relatively low. I'm sure with my rolename I'll be insta-lynched if I have to claim.

And of course firebrns acts all scummy and is an easy target for me to vote behind, and they die.

Its conspiring to make me do meaningful life-risking stuff.
TheSecondShadow

Postby Adam H » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 pm UTC

Hey I don't want to hear any BS about how I lost that game for everyone! And anyways can't I get an ass-whooping and have fun at the same time? :lol:

Resistance 4:
Spoiler:
If you were playing resistance 4 you'd get your fucking revenge! Imma burn that whole thread TO THE GROUND!

Zombies:
Spoiler:
I think I missed my true calling in life - writing flavor for mafia games. I just wrote the last few bits (though if t1mm doesn't win it'll need some twerking), and I feel like Mr. Holland getting ready to conduct his opus. :D
-Adam
Adam H

Postby Woopate » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:54 am UTC

Zombie:
Spoiler:
Holy crap!
I freakin' did it!
:D

This was the plan from when gop called webby on the falseclaim. I've been hyper nervous that they wouldn't take the bait and just let t1mm win, resenting me for a hideous misplay
Woopate
Scrapple

Postby greenlover » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:24 pm UTC

Hogwarts (roband should read after the game):
Spoiler:
Greenlover is a lurker, I'm not going to message him, because ONE, I have nothing to say and TWO, I doubt he'd've replied.
I'm actually online a lot, I just don't make posts often. So I would have replied if you had messaged me. Just fyi for anyone who is given a private communication role with me in future games.
greenlover

Postby roband » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:25 pm UTC

Grrrrr ;)
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:07 pm UTC

Hogwarts:
Spoiler:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*
Wait, you mean I'm dead? I don't care, this stuff is hilarious
BWAHAHAHAH *gackle*
But yeah, to clarify, roband is absolutely right about FAOT. Thing is just that FAOT is playing the best game of his life, and well... It would seem roband and Az are not. I think my N1 caused enough confusion to grant town the win... Me gusta.

Zombies:
Spoiler:
Well, this is awkward. My only way of winning is giving up the win, in the first place. Scum doesn't seem to be wanting any sort of deal (they're right at that) and MN is acting clever again. This time I just can't pretend to have scum's support to lynch MN (had they done that, they'd have lost).. Interesting is the least I say.
t1mm01994

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:34 pm UTC

Zombies:
Spoiler:
I'm screwing this up bad, aren't I? It seems like whenever I make threats people take it personally and decide "town is not to be trusted" or something. And then GoP is going to come in and complain instead of agreeing to follow my deal and I'm going to get nightkilled and GoP is going to let whoever he feels like win.
Mostlynormal

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 pm UTC

Hogwarts:
Spoiler:
For those watching at home, I am town, so everything I have said about investigations has been true as far as I know.
Azrael001

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:29 am UTC

Hogwarts
Spoiler:
Wow, the wine spilled from t1mm accidentally busdriving the roleblock onto himself D1 has made this day epic.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby webby » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:53 am UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
I'm confused as to what Tim is doing here. He's resistance, he investigated rigwarl, then claimed a resistance result on infina, who is a spy. I even checked I gave him the right result on the right person and I definitely sent him a PM saying 'Your investigation concludes that rigwarl is a member of the Resistance.'

It's a shame for him, because if he had investigated infina he would have got a spy result and he at least would have five people (including himself) that he correctly trusted.
webby

Postby t1mm01994 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:47 pm UTC

Resistance
Spoiler:
Had my screenname been Sungura, I would have been able to pull this off, without anyone doubting me.. But sadly, I don't have that kind of reputation. For the watchers, utterly confused on what I'm doing, I've told the truth in-thread. I'm resistance, I think Lataro is, I think BF, Adam, Infina + (GoP or Silk) are spies, and feel very safe around TMG. Just.. I don't think many will believe my theory as I've only thrown out these kinds of theories when I was scum (Neighbourhood) or when I claimed SK afterwards (Zombies). Funny thing: apart from Scales of Justice, my hunches have been right when I wanted them to be... I'll see how this pans out. I think town is too conservative to believe me, which is perfectly understandable... Just sad.
t1mm01994

Postby Adam H » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:05 pm UTC

Resistance 4:
Spoiler:
Whatever the above spoiler says, this is my response:

FUCK YOU.

:)
-Adam
Adam H

Postby t1mm01994 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:32 pm UTC

Resistance 4:
Spoiler:
I'm not going to lie, I'm damn scared. If /any/ part of my theory is wrong, I just messed up the game by making either Adam and infina or Lataro and me spies, while it could be that all 4 of us are town, and we *need* 5 town for the last mission... Mafia gods, please be kind to me, because if I screw this up, I'm going to hear this in many, many games and it's going to hinder my side for every game from now on... And well, ruining games for me is something I don't mind, but ruining games for others is a bridge too far.
t1mm01994

Postby Adam H » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 pm UTC

Hogwarts:
Spoiler:
Promise? Did I... promise anything? Hmmm, I'm drawing a blank. :twisted:

Actually, I didn't consider how much pleasure I'd get from purposefully making roband lose. It strikes me now as quite a delicious option.
-Adam
Adam H

Postby _infina_ » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:51 pm UTC

Resistance 4:
Spoiler:
t1mm01994 screwed up bad, but I can make it work in our favor, as long as Adam's team is rejected.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby Misnomer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 pm UTC

Zombie:
Spoiler:
Bleh, multiple factions bargaining with the mod for the right to an unconvential game end? I say kill them all.
Misnomer

Postby Adam H » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:16 am UTC

Misnomer wrote:Zombie:
Spoiler:
Bleh, multiple factions bargaining with the mod for the right to an unconvential game end? I say kill them all.
Zombie:
Spoiler:
Who's bargaining? Me?

Yeah I don't know whether I love or hate kingmaker scenarios. It was fun at first trying to watch them wiggle out of it, but then it just got... depressing. Like watching a lopsided football game.
-Adam
Adam H

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:31 am UTC

Adam H wrote:
Misnomer wrote:Zombie:
Spoiler:
Zombie:
Spoiler:
Who's bargaining? Me?

Yeah I don't know whether I love or hate kingmaker scenarios. It was fun at first trying to watch them wiggle out of it, but then it just got... depressing. Like watching a lopsided football game.
Zombie
Spoiler:
I haven't looked at the game carefully but is it really a three-way split and any side can win if another side king-makes for them?

Obviously in the future design the win conditions/power use priorities so that this can't happen. However it's too late to make such a change fairly now. I really do suggest going with a "Mexican standoff, everyone shoots simultaneously and they all die", three-way tie. I don't see another fair way to resolve this (although I haven't looked at the game carefully).

Wait... it's 2-2-1 right and town has no powers? If there is a no-lynch then mafia can try to kill town. If the SK withholds then mafia can win. So there are ways for this to resolve and it's basically going to be rock-paper-scissors between SK and mafia to win.
BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 am UTC

I likely need another replacement for Underworld again. You would get to join immediately and you do not have to have been in any feeder games. Again, no pressure, I can adjust the remaining roles to compensate for a modkill and keep the game balanced.

Nevermind, I jumped the gun.
Last edited by BoomFrog on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:53 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BoomFrog

Postby Adam H » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Zombie
Spoiler:
I haven't looked at the game carefully but is it really a three-way split and any side can win if another side king-makes for them?

Obviously in the future design the win conditions/power use priorities so that this can't happen. However it's too late to make such a change fairly now. I really do suggest going with a "Mexican standoff, everyone shoots simultaneously and they all die", three-way tie. I don't see another fair way to resolve this (although I haven't looked at the game carefully).

Wait... it's 2-2-1 right and town has no powers? If there is a no-lynch then mafia can try to kill town. If the SK withholds then mafia can win. So there are ways for this to resolve and it's basically going to be rock-paper-scissors between SK and mafia to win.

Zombies:
Spoiler:
I don't think there's a problem. It's just that town cannot win but they refuse to acknowledge it.

If I'm wrong someone let me know and I can always pull a dues ex machina. :D
-Adam
Adam H

Postby roband » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:10 pm UTC

greenlover wrote:Hogwarts (roband should read after the game):
Spoiler:
Greenlover is a lurker, I'm not going to message him, because ONE, I have nothing to say and TWO, I doubt he'd've replied.
I'm actually online a lot, I just don't make posts often. So I would have replied if you had messaged me. Just fyi for anyone who is given a private communication role with me in future games.

Hogwarts:
Spoiler:
Dude, at that point I was just trying to explain WHY we hadn't spoken - I couldn't think of a reasonable answer, so I resorted to this.

Even as town, I sometimes embellish things to make me look more townie.

Non-reply to greenlover, Hogwarts:
Spoiler:
Is Az seriously not scum? What? Can someone please explain what's going on?
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:32 pm UTC

roband wrote:Non-reply to greenlover, Hogwarts:
Spoiler:
Is Az seriously not scum? What? Can someone please explain what's going on?

Hogwarts, @roband
Spoiler:
As short as I can: I swapped the targetting of fearless and me N1. I "executed" the NK but was RBd by you. I hell don't know what happened D2, but then I died. FAOT is scum, and probably executed N3 NK, blocked by you. BF(Chan) is the other scum, and no clue how FAOT and MN managed to end up on a draw.
t1mm01994

Postby roband » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:47 pm UTC

Hogwarts:
Spoiler:
Well shit.

How come Az is saying that FAOT is town? Is the redirect still in action? A general scum power, as opposed to YOUR power?
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:31 pm UTC

roband wrote:Hogwarts:
Spoiler:
Well shit.

How come Az is saying that FAOT is town? Is the redirect still in action? A general scum power, as opposed to YOUR power?

Hogwarts
Spoiler:
Yeah, well, FAOT is a godfather. The redirect was a one-shot power, so only N1, only fearless and me.. Quite happy how that panned out. Az is not playing his best game ever, and FAOT just may be. Az has not lied once afaik. Just.. Uncanny how exactly BF is the one unchecked.. And you just made no-one believe Az when he turns up a scum result on BF.
t1mm01994

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia