Zombie Apocalypse - Game Over: SK (T1mm) Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Zombie Apocalypse - D3: Fractures

Postby Woopate » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:56 pm UTC

My offer of a Benefit of The Doubt to let me win stands. I'd really love to win my game one.

If we need to do this paying homage to the random number god, I have to ask:

Can we post conditional votes?

For instance, "Vote:mostlynormal so long as every vote corresponds to a screenshot of a random number generator in this agreement"
Woopate
Scrapple

Postby Woopate » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 am UTC

EBWOP: actually, the only way to do a random win is if each player spoilers a screencap of a random number generator (1d3) tagged "Roll:" then when each player has rolled, the mod decides what each roll means without looking. I don't know if that's allowed or not, but it gives a truly nonpredictable win.
Woopate
Scrapple

Postby Adam H » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:39 am UTC

Woopate wrote:If we need to do this paying homage to the random number god, I have to ask:

You can post whatever you like. But I'm the only god in this game, and I am a jealous god. :twisted:
-Adam
Adam H

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:51 am UTC

Adam H wrote:
Woopate wrote:If we need to do this paying homage to the random number god, I have to ask:

You can post whatever you like. But I'm the only god in this game, and I am a jealous god. :twisted:

I say we revolt against god and create a prosperous republic!

Vote: Adam H

/Lataro

No, just kidding. But the way this game is sure is frustrating. Whoever wins at this point, however much skill they displayed beforehand, will basically be winning by random chance.

Unvote
Mostlynormal

Postby webby » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:44 am UTC

Yeah, it's slightly annoying, I guess I only have myself to blame. I thought TheMaskedGecko was the Serial Killer, hence killing him to test if he was. I was then going to claim a mafia result on him today.

When I got that wrong, the next guess was GoP, hence my strategy. Even if I was wrong, we could still have been ok if everyone's roles hadn't been revealed - if t1mm had thought I was town, it would all come down to whether he thought Woopate or MostlyNormal was scum. GoP being a cop sort of destroyed that, of course. :P

I guess you could argue for any team having played best in this game - mafia did well to be 2 of the last 5, town did well to find the serial killer and reach a position where everyone's roles became public, serial killer did well to not be found by mafia, even if town found him. Not sure where to go from here, except to:

Unvote
Vote: t1mm01994

and threaten to kill town if they lynch Woopate.
webby

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:05 am UTC

Town, if you look very closely, you'll see that lynching me leads to an instant scum win and you'll see that the "threat" of nking you doesn't help scum in any way or sort. Seeing how I don't like scum's offers I'll
Vote:Adam H Woopate
And then we'll see how the night pans out.
t1mm01994

Postby Adam H » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:17 pm UTC

Votals:
Woopate: 2 (Gopher of Pern, t1mm01994)
T1mm01994: 2 (Woopate, Webby)
-Adam
Adam H

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:01 pm UTC

Vote:Adam H No Lynch

I have it all worked out. We can't lynch mafia without town support but town won't support it if mafia threatens to make them lose (they can). We won't lynch T1mm because you need town support but that's suicide for town. You can't lynch town without mafia support and we can threaten to make mafia lose. So we're going to have a No Lynch today.

All that remains to be done is secure ourselves for the night. So I've got a plan. If anyone dares to kill town we will take our revenge and make sure your faction doesn't win. But how? Here's how.

If one town dies in the night we won't know who did it. We'll assume SK did it and make them lose. But then wouldn't mafia have a motivation to kill town? No, here's why: if one mafia and one town die, we know it was the mafia who made the kill and therefore we'll make the mafia lose. So do you see what we did there? T1mm won't kill town because he doesn't want to die. T1mm will kill mafia because he doesn't want to get framed. And mafia won't kill town because if one of them dies and town dies, we'll make them lose. So tommorrow we'll have 2 town, one mafia, and a serial killer. Then we'll make a deal with one side (decided randomly or maybe by highest bid). The deal will be like our deal with T1mm except reversed: we lynch the other side, then they flip a coin or something during the night to decide whether to kill us or not. If they flip one way, we lose and they win. If they don't, and this'll have to be a matter of trust that they'll keep up their end of the bargain, they don't nightkill and we go on to lynch them and win.
Mostlynormal

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:38 pm UTC

GoP, you're town's only hope at the moment as MN is too slippery for me. He has called me naive for trusting you over honour, then made a deal on grounds of honour between him and me, and proceeded to void that deal. I'm tempted to self hammer and just give scum the win, as I'd rather die on my two feet than live down on my knees. Will you follow MN and lose to scum, or follow your earlier promise and give me the win over scum?
Oh and MN, if you want to have any chance of winning, I'd "delete" that last post. An unconditional 50% chance to win was worth considering to me. A conditional win-chance which can't possibly be above 50%, no thanks.
t1mm01994

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:00 pm UTC

See, you're not understanding this. Our promises were this: if the day ends now like it is, then we will do such and such. These promises were mostly to coerce people into taking one night action or another. Our deal, if it went through, would've been kept, but there's nothing wrong with me retracting the deal now in light of the fact that scum will make us lose if we go through with the deal. Basically these pacts aren't about stuff we're going to stick to no matter what changes, but there things we're resolving to do if the day ends right now. For example, webby "promised" to kill town if we went through with our deal. Retracting that threat now just because the deal is off wouldn't be untrustworthy, just practical. Threatening to do it and then not doing it after we lynched Woopate would be untrusworthy.

t1mm01994 wrote:Oh and MN, if you want to have any chance of winning, I'd "delete" that last post. An unconditional 50% chance to win was worth considering to me. A conditional win-chance which can't possibly be above 50%, no thanks.

What I'm offering now isn't a deal. If you don't NK mafia tonight, then either mafia will NK town and you will lose, or nothing will happen and we'll be back to where we are now.

t1mm01994 wrote:...the "threat" of nking you doesn't help scum in any way or sort.

Actually it does, because we know that if we lynch Woopate, scum will NK us, thus making you win. We don't want that to happen, so we won't lynch Woopate. Therefore it helped scum.

Do you see what I'm saying? In order to survive we're making certain promises or resolutions that will be kept after everything else happens but right now during the day they're subject to change as we get new information. The point of say, a promise to make scum lose if they nightkill us isn't a matter of revenge, but an incentive for scum not to nightkill us. The point of the deal with you was not to have that deal stay in stone for all eternity, but for the deal to be carried out properly if it did work out. If webby hadn't threatened us, the deal would still be available. Now it would be suicide for town to take the deal.
Mostlynormal

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:03 pm UTC

What I'm saying is, these deals are based on conditionals. "If we lynch Woopate, and you NK scum, then I promise to give you a 50/50 chance at winning. Except I won't lynch Woopate, because that would be suicide. So the deal's off. The new deal is not a deal, it's a defense mechanism. Any attempt to kill town will result in the faction who tried to kill us losing.
Mostlynormal

Postby Woopate » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:57 pm UTC

This is how all my Risk games end too, oddly enough.

*munches popcorn*

:twisted:
I encourage my scumpadrè to vote townie if t1mm appears to go for this deal. This gives t1mm a huge incentive to backstab the deal.
Random chance, anyone?
Woopate
Scrapple

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm UTC

Woopate wrote:Random chance, anyone?

Yeah, I wish. Mods are not nearly so merciful. This will be a fight to the death.
Woopate wrote:I encourage my scumpadrè to vote townie if t1mm appears to go for this deal. This gives t1mm a huge incentive to backstab the deal.

That doesn't actually make any sense. There's no deal anymore, it's not possible that anyone will be lynched, and I'm taking the precautions to make sure that no townies are killed tonight. You don't have to "take" any deal, just remember that if you try to nightkill one of us, we will make sure you lose.
Mostlynormal

Postby Adam H » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 pm UTC

New rule: If there is a townie alive at the beginning of Day 6, town wins.

I hate to change the rules on the fly like this, but I need to prevent the possibility of an endless no-lynch/no-NK cycle.
-Adam
Adam H

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:New rule: If there is a townie alive at the beginning of Day 6, town wins.

I hate to change the rules on the fly like this, but I need to prevent the possibility of an endless no-lynch/no-NK cycle.

Great, now everybody's going to hate town even more! :lol: :roll:

I hate to hack your newly changed rule, but I wonder if this means that two factions could win at once? Maybe I'll try and cook up a plan...
Mostlynormal

Postby Mostlynormal » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:08 pm UTC

Nobody seems to care about this game anymore, and I can't say I blame them. I want to be sure of one thing though:

They rules say that a tie in which half of the players have voted for one thing and the other half for another thing will be a no-lynch. Is that applicable in this scenario, even though there's an odd number of people?

If not, people better start voting no-lynch. A mafia lynch is a loss for town thanks to webby's threat, and if T1mm doesn't vote no-lynch he'll be lynched by plurality.

Anyway if no one kills town tonight I think I've got a way in which two of the factions can win. I wouldn't choose who to win with us right now because I want both sides to want to cooperate, but let's just say that if you don't kill town you've got about a 50% chance of winning. Specifically, it would go like this: T1mm kills mafia tonight, we're at 2v1v1 tommorrow. Then I'll choose randomly which side to win with (I know that it's 50% for you and 100% for us but don't hate me! This is the best deal I can offer without messing up the other side), and that side helps us lynch the last member of the losing side. Then, the side that wins with us refrains from the NK until night 5, at which point we'll have one scum in a position where they can't be stopped from winning and one town alive on day 6.

Like I said, don't hate me for only offering you 50% or something. It's the best I can give you, and also the best you can do because if you NK town you'll lose (as outlined above).

And I'm sorry for acting sort of "slippery" before. But I'm supposed to play to win and I intend to play to win. If I can win and still have one of you win, then so be it.

Adam: I'm assuming since you haven't said anything you're all right with two factions winning. If not then let us know.
Mostlynormal

Postby t1mm01994 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 pm UTC

How about I do care about the game, I'm just waiting for deadline so I can get to day 4? I mean, I may or may not kill you, I may or may not kill webby, or Woopate.. I don't know. Neither will you, until D4 comes.
t1mm01994

Postby Mostlynormal » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 pm UTC

Just remember that if you kil me, you will lose.
Mostlynormal

Postby Adam H » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:20 pm UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:They rules say that a tie in which half of the players have voted for one thing and the other half for another thing will be a no-lynch. Is that applicable in this scenario, even though there's an odd number of people?
No, it could only happen with an even number of players. A tie will result in a random selection of the top two vote-getters.
Mostlynormal wrote:Adam: I'm assuming since you haven't said anything you're all right with two factions winning. If not then let us know.
No. The mafia and SK win conditions state that town must be dead at the end of the game.

23 hours until deadline.
-Adam
Adam H

Postby Mostlynormal » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:46 am UTC

Well, awesome. I'm done trying to think up elaborate ways to win, and I'm tempted to just hammer Woopate right now. If GoP wants to stop me, he can do something himself.
Mostlynormal

Postby Woopate » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:22 am UTC

Well, hmm. New deal. Kingmaker time. Sk, you won't nk webby, Townies lynch you and take the win then.
Unvote
Vote: Woopate

Sorry for putting us all in this unfun scenario guys.
Woopate
Scrapple

Postby Adam H » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:59 pm UTC

You wonder where it all went wrong. It’s likely only one of you will survive the next 24 hours. So why do you hasten the process by killing off these people you once called friends? Two months ago you wouldn’t have thought your recent actions possible. Are you just a pawn in some cruel god’s game of insanity?

You've barricaded yourselves in the cellar – really more of a closet – which has just enough room for a few canteens of water, a box of ammo, and 5 completely insane humans. Accusations, threats, and promises fly like barrages of gunfire in the confined space. The familiar sound of zombies pounding on the front door brings your guns out of their holsters, and even when you realize there’s no immediate threat, no one wants to put away their weapons. Tim accuses Woopate, and Woopate accuses Tim. They're both guilty - you're all sure of it - but no one wants to take the deciding shot, because the only thing keeping your enemy from killing
you is… your other enemy.

Woopate finally takes matters into his own hands. “I’m no one’s pawn,” he mutters to himself, as he turns his gun away from Tim and slides it into his own mouth.

His body slumps to the ground in front of the neck high barricade you’ve constructed in the doorway to the cellar. In the stunned silence that follows, zombies finally break down the front door and enter the safehouse, and you ponder questions of death and sin as you step on Woopate’s torso to get a better shot over the barricade.

Final D3 Votes:
Woopate: 3 (Gopher of Pern, t1mm01994, Woopate)
T1mm01994: 1 (Webby)
No Lynch: 1 (MostlyNormal)

Woopate has been lynched.

Night 3 starts now. It will end when I get all the night actions and the mafia finishes chatting. Tell me if you are withholding your actions. I'll give you 72 hours max.
-Adam
Adam H

Re: Zombie Apocalypse - N3: No Way Out

Postby Adam H » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:52 pm UTC

Mostly Normal was shot last night, but you don’t even care. It’s hopeless.

The sun rose hours ago, but the zombies aren’t leaving. Now that they’re in, it looks like they intend to stay. They are keeping well away from the barricade at this point, though, so you stop shooting them for long enough to hash things out with the two other survivors of the night.

Woopate is dead. He was Mafia.
Mostly Normal is dead. He was Vanilla Town.

Day 4 starts now. 3 players alive, 2 votes to hammer. Deadline is 4 days from now.
-Adam
Adam H

Re: Zombie Apocalypse - D4: Hopeless

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:49 pm UTC

Vote: Webby

Congratulations, T1mm.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:22 pm UTC

Vote: webby
You'd have made it harder for me if you had followed MN.. But even then, clear path to victory was open.
t1mm01994

Postby Mostlynormal » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:17 pm UTC

Boy am I glad that's over! :lol:
Me in the spoiler thread wrote:And then GoP is going to come in and complain instead of agreeing to follow my deal and I'm going to get nightkilled and GoP is going to let whoever he feels like win.

Called it!
Adam H in the spoiler thread wrote:I don't think there's a problem. It's just that town cannot win but they refuse to acknowledge it.

Well, at least I refused to acknowledge it. I knew we couldn't really win if everyone else played perfectly, but I wasn't just going to sit back and let T1mm win. I really did intend to follow that deal, by the way, before Webby put an end to it.
Adam H wrote:This game should be really hard for town to win.

Grrrrr.
Mostlynormal

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:11 pm UTC

Just saying, I never really was mad at all :P I just needed an excuse to get out of the whole offering thing, because I had a clear path to victory, barring you making scum king. Originally, I think it wasn't that hard. It's just that you mislynched twice... And I got away with randomly spouting another buddying charge. I love those things, mainly because of inability to get out of them. You stop buddying, you get attacked on it. You keep on buddying, you get attacked on it. You ignore the matter, you get attacked on it. But ah well, I think I can't effectively play that card anymore...
Woopate, why did you self-vote when you knew GoP was going to help me out regardless? If you had not self-voted and NKed GoP instead, you would have made it a coinflip between you and me...
t1mm01994

Postby webby » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:22 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:Woopate, why did you self-vote when you knew GoP was going to help me out regardless? If you had not self-voted and NKed GoP instead, you would have made it a coinflip between you and me...

Nah, at 1-1 the SK wins because there's no lynch and the SK is nightkill immune.

Thanks for the game Adam H. I replaced in and started the whole mess yesterday, oops. :P
webby

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:27 pm UTC

So it appears I really looked like I was buddying and it wasn't just an excuse to lynch me. Hmm, I'll have to be careful of that in future.
In other news, that's got to be the least dramatic end-game ever.
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.
TheMaskedGecko

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:36 pm UTC

Webby, following scenario: NL D3, N3 I NK Woop, you withhold. This is optimal afaik. D4, NL as neither of us will offer a deal and they can't decide, oh wait. Yeah. I won that regardless. K. @TMG, drama all around D3.. Until I found out I could very nearly win this, though. I used the buddying to get you killed, I'll be fair about that. Read the spoilers, I was like let's get some townies killed, I'll only lose this if you actually are scum :p
t1mm01994

Postby Adam H » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm UTC

Gopher o’Pern shoots Webby in the face with a heavy heart. It wasn’t supposed to end like this. Help should have come. Gopher turns back towards T1mm, drops his rifle, and raises his arms in a helpless gesture. “Well?” He says. “What are you waiting for?”

T1mm lets out a deranged laughs as he raises his gun and fires a single bullet into Gopher’s lower abdomen. He heard somewhere that was one of the more painful places to be shot. Gopher falls into a fetal position, doubled up in pain and looking at his laughing killer with pleading eyes. T1mm just grins and shoots him in the knee.

Suddenly, T1mm thinks he hears gunfire coming from outside the house. He absentmindedly finishes off Gopher with a bullet to the head, then shouts for help. T1mm hears a yelled response coming from outside -
human yelling! Rescue! “I’m saved!” T1mm cries. “I won I won I won I DID it!” He starts crying with joy. He’s abruptly aware that the air in the cellar feels thick with death, and suffers an intense bout of claustrophobia. Clawing at the barricade, he struggles to escape. The sounds of his rescuers grow louder, and T1mm gets more and more desperate to break out of his prison. With a cry of relief, T1mm shoves aside the last piece of furniture barring the cellar door and stumbles into a stranger’s arms. He looks lovingly up at his savior’s face and deliriously says “thank you, thank you, thank you” over and over again.

T1mm’s last thoughts are happy ones. He dreams of being carried to safety, where his family and loved ones embrace him. He dreams the feverish dreams of a dying madman, clutching an undead corpse who greedily takes a bite out of his cheek as others rush over to rip his body apart.

Congratulations to the "winner": T1mm!

The rest of you are losers.
:)

Thanks for playing! Hope you all enjoyed it. I certainly was entertained, even at the end.
-Adam
Adam H

Re: Zombie Apocalypse - Game Over: SK (T1mm) Wins

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:25 pm UTC

I died! Wait. Oh well, I was last to die, anyways :)
t1mm01994

Postby trineroks » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 pm UTC

This was a depressing Mafia. Thanks Alan.

Now I go to my corner and contemplate the meaning of life.
trineroks

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm UTC

Alan? :lol:
and I didn't find it at all depressing, the honesty in this game was refreshing...
t1mm01994

Previous

Return to Mafia