I invite everyone to post suggestions. There are no restrictions except that it must be an API (in a broad meaning of the word) and that it deserves more publicity. I'll try my best to keep the opening post updated with all new additions.
Disputes are possible. If you think a certain API shouldn't be in here, let us know why and see how others respond. We'll use a temporary poll to decide on the matter when necessary.
Other suggestions for improvements of the opening post are of course also welcome.
The lists below include my own initial contributions.
- Adobe Source Libraries (C++)
- Mutagen (Python)
- Folly (C++)
- POCO (C++)
- dk.brics.automaton (Java)
- LuaJIT (Lua, C, C++)
C and C++
- Adobe Source Libraries (Application interface)
- FastFlow (Concurrency)
- Folly (General purpose)
- LuaJIT (Scripting)
- POCO (Network applications)
- dk.brics.automaton (Regular expressions)
- LuaJIT (C)
- WWW::Mechanize (web browsing)