Roll to dodge (Wizerd attack!)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Roll to dodge (Wizerd attack!)

Postby thorgold » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 am UTC

>Get drunk in celebration of the apocalypse! Fallout Redux: Willy Wonka stars as the Master!
You can refuse to think, but you can't refuse the consequences of not thinking.
thorgold

Postby blademan9999 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:12 am UTC

WarDaft wrote:> I cast a powerful spell, transforming myself into a great and terrifying chocolate breathing dragon!
(That is, the kind of dragon who would have a chocolate breath weapon, not the kind of dragon who can only breath chocolate.)

And why should anyone hate me for what I did? There doesn't seem to be any lingering pudding based environmental damage.

Er, and since a lot of people already seem to be ganging up on the chocolate slaves... should we roll first so as to avoid being utterly wiped out?

Well actually the chocolate slaves got a load of buffs and stuff.
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/
That link kills spam[/size][/b][/u]
blademan9999

Postby WarDaft » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:46 am UTC

Yeah, but there's already a number of people attempting to take out all of us with one action. It is unlikely that they will all fail, and if they roll first, there's not much we can do about it. If I change my action to try and stop the AoE attacks, my roll will come after all 3, and they must all fail for it to work. mike-l would be in the same boat, and no other chocolatey slaves have even had time to post yet.
All Shadow priest spells that deal Fire damage now appear green.
Big freaky cereal boxes of death.
WarDaft

Postby Randomizer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:23 pm UTC

So... due to my earlier unfortunate demise I'm no longer obligated to destroy the world? Hm... I guess I'll...

> Use the ultimate swear on the chocolate slaves.
Belial wrote:I'm all outraged out. Call me when the violent rebellion starts.
Randomizer

Postby cemper93 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:23 pm UTC

> Issue my undead army to go and destroy WarDaft because he talks too much.
Hello good friend.<br>Thank you for the kind insight. To gain free XBOX, please click this link <a href="http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=37971">for m&ouml;re information visit our website.</a><br>Also more can be found.<br>Best regard
cemper93

Postby Phrozt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:12 pm UTC

Chewbaccawacca wrote:> I attempt to sit down ride around on electric skateboards(!) with Cthullu and meditate on the best ways to destroy chocolatey things and also how to become super sexy and irresisitble to the ladies.

That's 3 different actions...
Phrozt

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 pm UTC

Phrozt wrote:
Chewbaccawacca wrote:> I attempt to sit down ride around on electric skateboards(!) with Cthullu and meditate on the best ways to destroy chocolatey things and also how to become super sexy and irresisitble to the ladies.

That's 3 different actions...

Naaaaaaaah, it's only one. Simply brainstorming how to be destructive whilst being sexy. We happen to be riding on electric skateboards (awesome!) but that's just mood setting. Besides, I've seen many a previous action phrased in a similar format. Though (if you'd like) for the sake of clarity;

>Brainstorm with Cthullu on the best ways to destroy chocolatey things while looking super sexy for the ladies in the process.
Not all who wander ar...blah blah blah, basically I want to be cool like Aragorn.
Chewbaccawacca

Location: The Great Green Pacific Northwest! ....of the United States! .....of America!

Postby Kokojo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:02 pm UTC

I think for the sake of fairness and simplicity, il add a rule that you can't attack everyone at once. I usually try to evade those using cunning tactics, but since it's been said...

People going around attacking EVERYONE else or a big group of persons is a killer. If it ever works, the number of rolls I must do is incredible. Just look at the nuke roll, and guess how much time it took me XD.

If there is no problem with this, Il relocate all AOE attacks (and not actions) to single-targets.
Sounds good?

If you want to do most attacks, do multiple actions leading to something like that (aka, like the nuke :P)

For the nuke+chocolate rolls, they are special...
1&2 : Chocolate slave
3: -1tonextroll
4: Dodge
5: Dodge + bonus vs chocolate or buff.
6: Dodge.
Kokojo

Postby eculc » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:43 pm UTC

welp, in that case:

>melt mike-l into a chocolate bar.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby Evengeduld » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:41 am UTC

Kokojo wrote:If there is no problem with this, Il relocate all AOE attacks (and not actions) to single-targets.
Sounds good?

or you could make sure it takes a few turns for the AoE to actually happen so that people get a chance to interupt the process.
With the nuke for instance it took 6 turns for it to blow up. (would have been 3 if the rolls were more lucky).

So I suggest if anyone wants to use a AoE attack (let's say attack 5 players or more) they have to use a certain format in their turns:
[This also counts for AoE heals]

1: Find weapon/spell
2: Arm weapon/spell
3: Unleash weapon/spell
4: Countdown process (depending on unleash roll) (allows people to build defenses against the attack)

This means the Dicemaster can prepare for a long rolling night in advance. If not used in this edition anymore we can use this format in the next one ;)
~If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.~

cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:Why study physical chemistry when you can study ethanol metabolism through practical methods?
Evengeduld

Postby BucklesMcStrap » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:09 pm UTC

well then, now that I'm a Sopa Ninja, which is a ninja none-the-less, and I've drank a bottle of rocket sauce....

>fuses with the demon Jabbekage :twisted:
BucklesMcStrap

Postby Kokojo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:02 am UTC

Rolling tomorrow and surely after tomorrow (Just got back from a little trip!)
Kokojo

Postby Meem1029 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 pm UTC

>Creates an epic weapon to be shared among the chocolate slaves for the furthering of chocolate superiority.

Edit:See next post
Last edited by Meem1029 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:46 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing
Meem1029

Postby WarDaft » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:18 pm UTC

Don't you mean a totally epic weapon? I mean, you want to be sure to take advantage of your cool sunglasses, right? :twisted:
WarDaft

Postby Queen Arasene » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:15 pm UTC

Am I allowed to remind Kojoko that he promised to roll on the 13th or 14th, while it is now already some 2-3 days later?
I'm getting just a little bit impatient here....

And yeah, Meem, you should go for the Totally Epic weapon.
(Someone should have used his/her turn to put cool sunglasses on him....)
It's Magic. I ain't gonna explain shit.
Queen Arasene

Postby Meem1029 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:46 pm UTC

Ah, ok. Now that my folly has been pointed out to me, I shall revise my move.

>Creates the most epic and cool weapon ever conceived of for the furthering of the purposes of chocolate!

(With getting +3 (1 from chocolate slaviness, coolness, and weaponsmithing), this could be a fun roll!)
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing
Meem1029

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:46 pm UTC

Due to not being allowed to attack a large group, I'll just have to change my action...

> Infiltrate the chocolate slaves.
Cleverly disguised as a BANANA.
orangedragonfire

Postby WarDaft » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:18 pm UTC

"Hey guys, did you ever get the strangest suspicion that orangedragonfire was actually a spy?"

"Naaaaahh."
WarDaft

Postby orangedragonfire » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:57 am UTC

Of course you don't suspect a thing - I'm far too sneaky. Also, made of chocolate. And, if it should turn out that you win after all, I can just pretend that I was on your side all along...
orangedragonfire

Postby BucklesMcStrap » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:41 pm UTC

I'm willing to take over rolling for this game. I have plenty of free time in the afternoons so I can be consistent with rolling. Just putting it out there.
BucklesMcStrap

Postby curtis95112 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 pm UTC

I think you should, kokojo hasn't been here in ages.
Give him a PM and maybe wait for three days?
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:
Tyndmyr wrote:
Роберт wrote:Sure, but at least they hit the intended target that time.

Well, if you shoot enough people, you're bound to get the right one eventually.

Thats the best description of the USA ever.
curtis95112

Postby Meem1029 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:59 pm UTC

Eh, I'm not sure 3 days is necessary. It's been about 10 days since the rolling was supposed to happen. I'd say send a pm and just make a post saying that you'll start and then give at least 24 hours or so for people to notice. Kokojo has been perfectly fine with others rolling during breaks in the past.
Meem1029

Postby thorgold » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:07 pm UTC

Ditto that. Just roll now, if there's a problem we can just retcon it.
You can refuse to think, but you can't refuse the consequences of not thinking.
thorgold

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:54 pm UTC

I'm inclined to agree with the general consensus.
Not all who wander ar...blah blah blah, basically I want to be cool like Aragorn.
Chewbaccawacca

Location: The Great Green Pacific Northwest! ....of the United States! .....of America!

Postby eculc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:25 pm UTC

yeah, it's probably been long enough that he'll understand why we've done it.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby cemper93 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:11 pm UTC

As BucklesMcStrap didn't roll, I will do the roll now. I hope everyone's fine with that.

Rolling. Please stand by.
Hello good friend.<br>Thank you for the kind insight. To gain free XBOX, please click this link <a href="http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=37971">for m&ouml;re information visit our website.</a><br>Also more can be found.<br>Best regard
cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:42 pm UTC

Evengeduld wrote:> Shoot Wardaft with the gun I magicly found

Your roll: 6 (+1 = 7)
You do not only magically find a gun, you do magically find a magic gun with the feature of shredding apart reality! When you shoot Wardaft, a giant hole appears in the time-space continuum and both of you get sucked towards it.

WarDaft must roll to dodge!
Your roll: 6 (+1 = 7)
Not only are you able to run away from the hole, you are able to perform this action with such ease that you see the millions of G of acceleration pulling you back as nothing more than a convenient treadmill. After hours of training, you do now have superhuman speed and endurance (+1 to speed/endurance rolls).

Evengeduld must roll to dodge!
Your roll: 4
You successfully escape from the hole, but feel lame because WarDaft looked significantly cooler in doing so.

curtis95112 wrote:>Heal myself

Your roll: 3 (+1 -1 = 3)
You don't heal all your wounds, but you start feeling a little better. (Wounded for only 1 more turn.)

blademan9999 wrote:> Turn one of the Meem1029 back to normal. (Their Chocolate, aren't they.)

Your roll: 5 (+1 = 6)
You successfully turn one of Meem1029's chocolates back to normal. Nothing happens.

blademan9999 wrote:> Fuse with Thorgold.

Your roll: 6
Not only do you fuse with thorgold, his power armor even changes form so that the two of you do now control a huge war robot with lasers!

Queen Arasene wrote:>Hate Randomizer, who is possessing me despite me being dead

Your roll: 1
Really, nobody cares about what you think when you're dead. You realize that and become unhappy. (-1 to next revival roll)

mike-l wrote:> Infuse myself with peanut butter!

Your roll: 4 (+1 = 5)
You successfully infuse yourself with peanut butter. It makes you so delicious that it distracts everybody attacking you. (-1 to attacker's rolls)

Sytri wrote:>Go for a run around the world Forest Gump Style in the hope my fat guy suit turns into a fit guy suit and gains me more powers.

Your roll: 3
You run around the world, but sweat heavily in doing so. Your fat guy suit gains a new feature: Stinking abominably.

Phrozt wrote:> Set about trying to learn things about [R2].

Your roll: 2
The world around you moves fast. When you look at the sky, you can watch galaxies emerge and vanish in mere minutes. When you look down, you see that you stand on flat, hard ground that looks like concrete. Giant mushrooms of glass float around, cycling colors. Because you're only looking up and down, you notice the mushrooms only when one of them is about to crush you.

Phrozt must roll to dodge!
When the mushroom hits you, you fall backwards onto the floor. Fortunately, the mushroom then passes over you. (-1 to next roll because lying on the ground)

WarDaft wrote:> I cast a powerful spell, transforming myself into a great and terrifying chocolate breathing dragon!

Your roll: 1 (+1 = 2)
You instead cast a weak spell, transforming a stone that's lying about into a small and ridiculous fire breathing dragon. It attacks you.

WarDaft must roll to dodge!
WarDaft is immune to fire.
The puny dragon is impressed. You can keep it as a pet.

eculc wrote:>melt mike-l into a chocolate bar.

Your roll: 3 (-1 = 2)
You realize that you can't melt peanut butter into chocolate.

You find out that chocolate is weak against being eaten (+1 to all anti-chocolate rolls), and all of Cthulu's million-tentacled icky-slimy ladies find this so sexy that they want to do you!

Chebaccawacca must roll to dodge!
Your roll: 1
Really, I don't want to describe what happened when all those - things - yuck. Seriously, you're dead, and you wanted to die.

thorgold wrote:>Get drunk in celebration of the apocalypse! Fallout Redux: Willy Wonka stars as the Master!

Your roll: 4
You're drunk. Because you watched Willy Wonka, you now discovered new secrets regarding chocolate. (+1 to anti-chocolate rolls)

Randomizer wrote:> Use the ultimate swear on the chocolate slaves.

All the chocolate slaves laugh at you because you forgot that attacks may not affect a whole group at once. You may use the swear again.

cemper93 wrote:> Issue my undead army to go and destroy WarDaft because he talks too much.

I won't do my own roll.

BucklesMcStrap wrote:>fuses with the demon Jabbekage

Your roll: 6
While fusing with the demon, you realize that the fusion emits so much arcane energy that you would destroy the normal world should you stay there. You move to the demonic world and immediately become its leader.

Meem1029 wrote:>Creates the most epic and cool weapon ever conceived of for the furthering of the purposes of chocolate!

Your roll: 2 (+3 = 5)
You create a super-awesome weapon. It has the unique ability of harming everybody who is not a chocolate slave at once, but fires at the end of a turn.

orangedragonfire wrote:> Infiltrate the chocolate slaves.

You successfully infiltrate them, but soon realize that you don't speak Russian. This means that you can't control them in any way.

Cthulu is active!
> Now that his summoner is dead, Cthulu goes back to the place beyond time and space.
His roll: 4
Cthulu vanishes.

NPCS:
Spoiler:
Wizerd – Dead
An Army of anti-wizerds - 4 hp |+1 againts wizerd weapons | -1 to next roll | -2 to RTD againts nuke
Billions of cows - Secret cow level
Wizard - Anger towards wizerds
Cthullu - Vanished
Bob - Dies

Realities:
Spoiler:
1: The main one
2: Strange place with quick galaxies, concrete and glass mushrooms

Events :
Spoiler:
(R1) There is now a chocolate and candy supertown, inculding a factory within the town, that's invincible.
(R1) The world is now a weapon, that's in fact a spirit made material that currently trapped within the weapon as a punishement for sneezing while serving the god Turymatij!
(R1) There is no more blue buttons.
(R1) Tidal waves all over earth!
(R1) There is a hole in the time-space continuum.
Normal people and chocolate slaves are at war.
In the dead world, a hellgate leads to anti-chocolate demons.

Players table :
Spoiler:
''Normal'' People:
Aiea- Hell Swiss cheese | Immune to candy/chocolatifitation
blademan9999- HOAGIE: Grants instant 4 or 6(Used) | Hoagie Mis-charger(Wounds) | +1 to rolls VS chocolate | In a huge war robot with thorgold : +1 to offensive rolls
BucklesMcStrap - Fused with Jabbekage | In demonic world | Leader of the demonic world
cemper93- Staff of fireballz (3 shots that force a RTD. No need to be rolled, takes a turn. Can be used all at the same time) | Lich form | +1 to all undead-ish or purely evil acts. | Has an undead army | Roll 4 on all RTDs thanks to UPD
cjquines- Wounded for 1 turns | Married to wizerd
curtis95112- +1 to all rolls | Wounded for 1 turns
eculc- On the moon.
Evengeduld - +1to gun/explosion rolls | Has a gun that shreds apart reality
ibgdude- Kinda naked | Wizerd's beard (???, positive)
orangedragonfire - Ring : Immunity to next spell RTD. | Made of sentient chocolate | -1 to animal rolls | Flower from nature | General of NPC army | Infiltrated the chocolate slaves, but can't communicate
Phrozt- (R2) | -1 to next roll
Ralith The Third – On the moon | +1 to movement rolls | Breathes vacuum only, will suffocate in air
Randomizer| Sentient squirrel chocolate | Epic battleaxe. | Wounded for 1 turns | Knows the ultimate swear (Negatively affects a target's roll by making him cry) | 2-faced dice on avalanche and wizerd RTDs
Sytri - Fat guy suit | +1 to next roll
thorgold- Spell : Insta5. Charge (4/4) | In a huge war robot with blademan9999 : +1 to offensive rolls | +1 vs chocolate rolls | +1 to anti-chocolate rolls|4hp

Andymeo - Dead
BucklesMcStrap - Dead | -1 to next revival roll | +1 to enemy roll when attacked by players
Chewbaccawacca - Dead
Queen Arasene - Dead | -1 to next revival roll
Sh1g - Dead
The Milkman - Dead

Chocolate Slaves : Trade buffs withouth rolls, without using a roll, whenever they want, can't hurt eachother

Meem1029 - +1 to weaponsmithing rolls | Shades of cool (+1 to cool actions) | Super-awesome weapon damages everyone who is not a chocolate slave, fires at end of turn | 2 HP |
mike-l - Undying | Golden body: +1 to RTDs| Infused with peanut butter, -1 to attacker's rolls | 2 HP
Naultilaus - Magic booger, good for you | Transformed into Wormatron : 4 HP
Ormpskel - Controls Hell bovines | Counters attack with 1/6 chance to make people RTD bolts. Next > must be under or at 4 words)| 2 HP
Wardaft - Captain of 10,000 hamsters | +1 to RTDs | Now a Iceberg Letuce | +1 to spells rolls | Immune to fire-related things | +1 to RTDs | +1 to speed/endurance rolls | Has a ridiculous dragon pet | 2 HP
Last edited by cemper93 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
cemper93

Postby Evengeduld » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:26 pm UTC

> Shoot a random target to open a gateway to another reality
~If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.~

cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:Why study physical chemistry when you can study ethanol metabolism through practical methods?
Evengeduld

Postby WarDaft » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:24 pm UTC

Hmm, I think I should have gotten a +2 on that, it was a spell and my first action as a chocolate slave...

... but cute dragon pet... aw.... that's a tough call.

Good roll flavour all round I have to say though. That was not meant as a pun.
WarDaft

Postby Queen Arasene » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 pm UTC

Actually, I think that Randomizer only possesses me for one turn. Thus, I should be free of him now.

>Stay dead
It's Magic. I ain't gonna explain shit.
Queen Arasene

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:06 pm UTC

> Secretly sabotage the super-awesome weapon.
orangedragonfire

Postby Randomizer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:39 am UTC

cemper93 wrote:All the chocolate slaves laugh at you because you forgot that attacks may not affect a whole group at once. You may use the swear again.
The ultimate swear isn't an attack, so it wouldn't be affected. But, even if you did count it as one, it was supposed to be reallocated to a single target:

Kokojo wrote:If there is no problem with this, Il relocate all AOE attacks (and not actions) to single-targets.
Sounds good?
Which is why I didn't change my roll. :p I figured the DM would just pick someone.
Randomizer

Postby Kokojo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:16 am UTC

Hey, I am back.
I am very sorry to have let you all down, but I had a loss in the family and I could't deal with it very well until lately. I did not even think about rolling RTD until lately and of course, I have been feeling down.
Don't worry thought, I am not depressive, just shocked. I don't need any condoleances or any pity (even if it's a sad event)

I still need some time to get things sorted... Please bear with my absence for at least one more week.
Sorry to not have explained this sooner.
Kokojo

Postby curtis95112 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:17 am UTC

>Shoot myself to the moon
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:
Tyndmyr wrote:
Роберт wrote:Sure, but at least they hit the intended target that time.

Well, if you shoot enough people, you're bound to get the right one eventually.

Thats the best description of the USA ever.
curtis95112

Postby cemper93 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:53 am UTC

WarDaft wrote:Hmm, I think I should have gotten a +2 on that, it was a spell and my first action as a chocolate slave...
... but cute dragon pet... aw.... that's a tough call.

Be happy, if you had rolled a 3 I would have had an excuse to turn you into a dragon that can only breath chocolate despite you having specifically excluded this :mrgreen:

WarDaft wrote:Good roll flavour all round I have to say though. That was not meant as a pun.

Thanks *blushes*

Randomizer wrote:The ultimate swear isn't an attack, so it wouldn't be affected. But, even if you did count it as one, it was supposed to be reallocated to a single target:

Argh, sorry, it's difficult to keep an overview over all these rules! I'll correct this with my next roll.

Kokojo wrote:I still need some time to get things sorted... Please bear with my absence for at least one more week.
Sorry to not have explained this sooner.

I guess all of us can understand this.
As you didn't ban me from rolling, I'll just continue doing that.

I'll roll later today (~5 hours from now) or tomorrow.
cemper93

Postby Randomizer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:35 pm UTC

> Hide from harm within the invincible chocolate factory.
Randomizer

Postby eculc » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:12 pm UTC

>melt Meem1029 into a chocloate bar.
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby WarDaft » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 pm UTC

Oh snap, rolling again so soon? I almost forgot to check the thread!

> I quickly recast my transform-into-chocolate-breathing-dragon-spell to prepare for battle!

(I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a better roll, 'cause I really don't want to be chocolate lettuce anymore dang it.)
WarDaft

Postby Chewbaccawacca » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 am UTC

>Attempt to locate Death himself to challenge him to a game of chinese-checkers.
Chewbaccawacca

Postby Meem1029 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 am UTC

Builds a protective mechanism for the awesome weapon.
Meem1029

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games