[L]Firefly Mafia - Game Over - Serenity Crew Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Sungura » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 pm UTC

I've not had a lot of time to go through the thread again but on a cursory re-read I still get a weird vibe from brook so since I think the end of the day is coming soon I'm going to go ahead and

vote: brook (secondshadow)

Welcome Devourke! I know it can be hard to replace mid-game but after you get a chance to read and catch up it'd be great if you can contribute some fresh analysis.
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby mpolo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:43 pm UTC

Argh. This thing is dying for lack of posting. I guess the big thing for me at the moment with TheSecondShadow/Brooklynxman is lurkiness. But that's unfortunately a description that fits just about everyone at the moment. Amy's scumdar is second-to-none, but I don't feel comfortable just throwing down a vote to follow her. I just got called away, but will hopefully be back soon to reread at least TheSecondShadow.
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby mpolo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Summary of Brook's posts to date:

Spoiler:
SecondShadow - Confirmed twice. Rolespec. I am Brook. Trust Amy (says he's voting mrface on faith, unless there's a strong reason to vote someone else; votes b.i.o). b.i.o only specs about the bad guys, attacks FAOT groundlessly. Chandani and GoP are town. Cult could be trouble. Az is not confirmed town due to possible conversion. Reavers might have bussed, so Amy is not necessarily town.


There's nothing really overtly scummy that I see there, except for not really contributing anything. There may be a moderate helpfulness in these posts, but I don't think that anyone was believing that "once town = always town", but he felt it necessary to clarify this (in the case of Azrael). It was actually subtly in the text he was responding to that confirmed town wouldn't remain so -- because I was responding to the idea that Azrael would be a very likely convert because of his claim, where I simply mentioned that there were 3 such claimed characters around, so Azrael wouldn't have a whole lot more reason to be recruited than the other two (Chandani and FAOT).

In his initial spec, I thought it was interesting that he gave Mal only "miller" as role. Since he was the captain, one might have expected more powers than that. I don't think this means anything, since Chandani/devourke is apparently Mal. Just interesting.

So, I guess the charge against Brook at the moment is for active lurking. Unless Amy can give us something more concrete.

I don't actively object to this lynch candidate, but I'm not going to start an unstoppable bandwagon until I hear some more.
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Mostlynormal » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:22 am UTC

mpolo wrote:So, I guess the charge against Brook at the moment is for active lurking. Unless Amy can give us something more concrete.

I don't actively object to this lynch candidate, but I'm not going to start an unstoppable bandwagon until I hear some more.


This basically summarizes my own opinion of brook. I'm not so sure about my vote on Angua and Amy's word seems to be good but I'd like something more than "he's pinging Amy" to base a vote on. I may have to vote him in self defense, but I don't think there's actually a set deadline yet. Perhaps a deadline would make people more active?
Mostlynormal
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby _infina_ » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:51 am UTC

Mostlynormal wrote: Perhaps a deadline would make people more active?

There already is one. The default of ten days, which occurs in 4 days or less from this post.
Image
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
User avatar
_infina_
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: First Class, Ozzy's Train

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 am UTC

I think that pinging Amy is a pretty dire thing indeed, especially when our next best piece of evidence is lurking. Then again, we could just kill off all of the claimed people ending with me, hoping to get people that have been culted.
23111
User avatar
Azrael001
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby TheSecondShadow » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 am UTC

Well I'm in a really bad spot. I'm a survivor. I've been lying low because with no lurker kills, posting just enough to draw minimal attention was best strategy up until now. I'm being voted for by Amy for.......giving off a weird vibe. I don't even know how to respond to that. All I know is as a survivor being voted for by Amy is.....very not good.
TheSecondShadow
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:04 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby roband » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:56 pm UTC

A readthrough has not helped me much. I just got annoyed at the way people have played this game.

FAOT pinged me for various reasons, but it could well be that I just seem to view him badly in games currently. Ahem.
Brook has been pretty non-committal all game - the only other game I recall playing with Brook 1.0 was Inception, where he took control and lead from the front. This hasn't happened this game.

I could be convinced to vote for Brook.

But, again, I maintain that Sungura is not town.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Sungura » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm UTC

Im sorry for this crap post I just dont want to loose my vote and I dont know how many days it's been - I've been away all weekend and have picked up a hell of a cold so I've not had a chance to read through the game again yet.

Refering to my notebook my Brook issues are stemming mostly from his lack of posting because he is normally a more agressive player. He and I have butted heads in the past more than once LOL. It is very uncharacteristic for him to lie low. His explanation of being survivor does make sense with lying low, however. I am leaving my vote on him though until I get a chance to read through the game again especially day 1. Usually things I get from day 1 are better because I just learned to do things fast, and then it gets muddy mid-game like now, and then clear late-game again. (See for example, Round 7, another game when the scum decided to mess with people's brains by not killing me right away and I made it close to the end of the game until a dumb vote from some town who were lurkers and not really following the game synching the win for the scum)
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:38 pm UTC

With a claim like "survivor" I have no problem at all lynching him. It smacks of trying to preemptively justify an independent result if examined.

Vote: TheSecondShadow
23111
User avatar
Azrael001
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Mostlynormal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 pm UTC

I think something's off about the claim also. His justification about "no lurker kills" seems like a pretty weak reason for low activity. Given his similar lack of activity (as town) in Hogwarts, I would've just accepted the idea that his playstyle changed, so it almost seems like he's overjustifying. Also, I don't know why he wouldn't claim his rolename as well if he actually had a (non scummy) rolename and didn't want to be lynched. However, I'm going to wait for him to post again for now because it seems like a bandwagon could get out of control with Amy behind it.
Mostlynormal
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:07 am UTC

I don't really buy Secondshadow's explination either considering that D1 greenlover was killed and was a total lurker. I certainly won't shed a tear over lynching him, however I think a second revear recruiter is more dangerous and I still think MN had a strong connection to Mr. Face defending him D1 and D3. I'm suprised so few people have bothered to respond to my accusation. Too many lurkes this game for them to all be scum.

So if you're town and lurking can you please stop so we can actually pick out the scum?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Mostlynormal » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:06 am UTC

A strong connection? I only said that lynch was groundless, because it was! Just because mrface was scum doesn't mean lynching him would've been a good idea given the information we had. Really, the entire reason we lynched him was because he apparently spent too much time on reaver spec D1, even though plenty of players before and after them said plenty about reavers (If I recall correctly, his ideas about reavers being an "SK cult" weren't even original). If he was alive and I didn't know his role, I would continue to defend him.

I think part of the problem with the "lurking" is that everyone is doing it. It's like we're stuck in a vicious cycle, with everyone deciding they have nothing to post because no one else has posted (and those people haven't posted for the same reason). I'm hoping it'll clear up if something really strange happens. Even now, the activity is getting better because of Brook. I also think part of the problem is the immense amount of lucky scum kills are making us lazy. Maybe a night where a townie actually dies will do us some good (only half joking).
Mostlynormal
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 am UTC

While I agree with everything that mostlynormal has said about the state of the game, I disagree with the assessment that we should be less trusting of Amy. Her psychic powers are a well documented phenomena, and, scum or town, she cannot give us false information or we lynch her. This either leads to town win, or one mislynch (two if Amy's powers of perception fail despite her being town). This is the main reason that I have no problem following Amy, especially today with an especially suspicious person already killed.
23111
User avatar
Azrael001
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby TheSecondShadow » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:33 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:With a claim like "survivor" I have no problem at all lynching him. It smacks of trying to preemptively justify an independent result if examined.

Vote: TheSecondShadow


I can claim my rolename is you like, not that it will really help.
TheSecondShadow
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:04 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:03 am UTC

You may as well, you've already claimed your role.
23111
User avatar
Azrael001
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Angua » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 am UTC

Ok, got lots of work to catch up on, but I'm back now! I think brook is looking good, as independents, while not exactly scum don't really have any reason to go for town if they think scum might be winning. We also don't know if Alliance is an indy faction, so they could be that. However, I won't vote yet, because I don't want a lot of votes on brook, then we get the number needed for hammering decreasing to below the number of votes. I think we have 2 on brook, and one on the other people currently being voted for, so unless it looks like someone is tying, or it gets to the end of the day, I'll stay where I am.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby TheSecondShadow » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:52 pm UTC

Im Saffron.
TheSecondShadow
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:04 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 pm UTC

Well you were right Brook, that doesn't make me feel bad about lynching you at all. Keeping the back stabingest character ever alive strikes me as a good way to lose.
23111
User avatar
Azrael001
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 am UTC

I don't know enough about the flavor to know if Saffron makes any sense as a survivor. If what Azrael says is true, I may just end up voting TSS anyway.
Mostlynormal
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Sungura » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:18 am UTC

Could be, she basically did whatever she could to survive, but she was a backstabbing only-care-about-herself way of doing it and while didn't directly kill people always put people in situations where they would die. She was trained in companion techniques as well.
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby mpolo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:14 am UTC

Saffron as an independent makes a whole lot of sense -- since she wasn't allied with anybody else, and just wanted to win for herself. But she does seem to be pretty anti-town. If she's a survivor, she is likely a "last woman standing" type, I would think. I don't see any way she could win together with the crew of the Serenity, at least.
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:20 pm UTC

Ok, well since I think I'm tied with TSS at the moment, I'll

Unvote

Vote: TheSecondShadow


I'm not feeling great about this lynch, but I'm feeling a lot better than about lynching anyone else.
Mostlynormal
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 pm UTC

I feel the game is at a pretty grinding halt at the moment. I'm struggling to find anything to post about without any game flow.

Brook's claim could indicate he's lying. Especially when you consider if he is lying, the real saffron (if a survivor/indie) would probably have no reason to out themselves to claim that Brook is lying. It's quite a clever character to choose if you wanted a safe claim.

At the moment I'm trying to convince myself it's a good lynch and I think it's the best we have for the reason above, as I think we got the a reaper when fire brns died. Still it's hard to get the nagging feeling 'what if there is still a reaper that can recruit' out of the back of my head.

I'm going to vote Brook because I think he's lying about his claim.

Vote: TheSecondShadow
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Night 4 - Burning Reavers

Postby _infina_ » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:15 am UTC

"I can't stand this horrible smell."
"Let's just shove TheSecondShadow out of the airlock and be done with it." And so it went down, and Brook was shoved out the airlock and into space, killing him.
"I wonder what this smell is, smells almost like burning reaver." And that was exactly what it was. The burnt body of Fire Brns was found to be that of a reaver.

Fire Brns was a reaver.
TheSecondShadow, a.k.a. Brook, is now dead.
It is now night four.

END OF DAY Votals:
Brook - 4(Amy, Az001, MostlyNormal, FOAT)
MostlyNormal - 2(BF, Angua)
Image
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
User avatar
_infina_
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: First Class, Ozzy's Train

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Night 4 - Burning Reavers

Postby TheSecondShadow » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:27 am UTC

Yeah I figured.
TheSecondShadow
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:04 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Night 4 - Burning Reavers

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:54 am UTC

Night has been six days now...
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Night 4 - Burning Reavers

Postby _infina_ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Night has been six days now...

Sorry, A had a lot of meetings come up at the same time I nearly bricked my computer's BIOS. Resolving all of the actions now. Shouldn't be much longer.
Image
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
User avatar
_infina_
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: First Class, Ozzy's Train

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby _infina_ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:55 am UTC

Everyone gathers about in the center of the cavernous cargo bay in the derelict vessel. A sense of unease washes over them. Something was different, but everyone was still here. All of TheSecondShadow's possessions were brought out and examined. Identities aplenty were found. The ID that stuck out the most was Saffron.

TheSecondShadow, a.k.a. Brook, was Saffron, Survivor.
It is now Day 5.
10 Players, 6 to lynch.
Image
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
User avatar
_infina_
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: First Class, Ozzy's Train

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby roband » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:01 pm UTC

No mention of powers, and I would say that Saffron was almost certain to have some. Those companion-like features she has in the show would be the cause of that, I think.
Therefore, I think we did well to get rid of brook.

Now, today's business for me is FAOT...
This looks like he's trying to find a reason to vote for someone, and as Brook is getting flak, why not go for him?
ForAllOfThis wrote:Brook's claim could indicate he's lying. Especially when you consider if he is lying, the real saffron (if a survivor/indie) would probably have no reason to out themselves to claim that Brook is lying. It's quite a clever character to choose if you wanted a safe claim.

But the reason FAOT gives is crap. Saffron is not a safe claim in any way. Obviously survivor is indie, so FAOT (as scum) would assume Brook is town and be looking to vote for him.

It made me very suspicious when I originally read it, however many RL days ago it was.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 pm UTC

It seems that I was role blocked last night. No invention today.
23111
User avatar
Azrael001
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby mpolo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 pm UTC

On the other hand, there were no deaths last night. Presumably, the Alliance was more than just the two players that we have seen. We have killed two original reavers (thank you Kaylee), which would give us at least some hope that there is no recruit any more — though Amy predicted that we would start seeing people getting killed by the Reavers when the recruiting stopped. We also didn't have a vig kill.

I waited to vote for Second Shadow and he was hammered before I got back on. I guess that should have made it clear that he really was independent, as only an independent can get us so united against him.
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby Angua » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:22 pm UTC

Fire burns was just 'a reaver' which is good - that indicates that they've probably been a reaver since D1 (the fact that they replaced in would have made that hard to determine otherwise). Hopefully that's it for original reavers, and as we got them during the day we shouldn't have got a convert last night, so that leaves us with 2 reavers if my calculations yesterday were correct. Depending on how many alliance we have left, as well as indy players, town could be in quite a strong position at the moment.

No kills, so maybe the doctor did their job? We didn't have an NK in night 3 either - so maybe our vig/seer only had a 2 shot perfect shot NK, or one of them got recruited N3.

I want to apologise for lack of effort in going back and researching stuff until Friday - it's the end of term and I have a lot to wrap up (including handing in my dissertation) so while I use the forums to procrastinate, I don't want to be spending half an hour on one post.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:30 am UTC

@roband hypotheticialy speaking, if you were saffron (and brook was lieing) you would have counter-claimed? I personally would have let scum have their fun, as well as most players. Especially when the goal is surviving, you don't want to piss off scum or town.

Reavers tried to recruit me last night but failed, so I bring the unfortunate news that we still have a recruiter.
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby Mostlynormal » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:51 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:A sense of unease washes over them. Something was different, but everyone was still here.


I'm really surprised no one mentioned this. No kills, but, "Something was different." I could've smelled a recruit a mile away even without FAOT's claim. I'm not sure what to make of the claim though. Ny first thought was "how can we trust him?", my second was "No scum in their right mind would do that!" and my third thought was WIFOM. I guess we can still be sure that he's not an original reaver or alliance, because of his claim D1. So it could be honest or it could be a crazy WIFOM ploy. I think either way it's best to go for the players who haven't roleclaimed yet. But I'm curious about how FAOT knew there was a recruit attempt on him.

How did you know someone tried to recruit you FAOT?
Mostlynormal
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:01 am UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:Reavers tried to recruit me last night but failed, so I bring the unfortunate news that we still have a recruiter.

From anyone else I would believe this claim, but FAOT likes to make bold falseclaims.

Why is Book immune to recruiting when River wasn't? Being immune to recruits and NKs seems like an overpowered role to me. On the otherhand, we seems to have a lot of powers in town hands seeing as there have been so few kills, I'm sure we have at least a doctor and a RBer. If we really have three original Reavers and one is still recruiting then that may explain how this is balanced. Still seems a bit wonky.

I know you said no modkills but can we get a replacement for b.i.o. or something?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:02 am UTC

And probably Chandani...
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby roband » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 am UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:@roband hypotheticialy speaking, if you were saffron (and brook was lieing) you would have counter-claimed? I personally would have let scum have their fun, as well as most players. Especially when the goal is surviving, you don't want to piss off scum or town.

Reavers tried to recruit me last night but failed, so I bring the unfortunate news that we still have a recruiter.

Sure, I wouldn't counter claim were I Saffron, but if I was Brook - Saffron is NOT a safe claim to make...

Also, I think you're lying about the recruit. Try to push off my accusations with a not very good reason, then give us all something extra to think about with some sort of claim.
At this stage, I'd need more than what you've given, to believe you.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2351
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby mpolo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:52 am UTC

Failed recruit is an interesting claim. Could someone else's power be involved more than just FAOT himself? If the recruit were blocked, then FAOT wouldn't have even heard about it, and since we also have a claimed blockage from Azrael, it seems somewhat unlikely that there are two -- since we hadn't seen any blocking at all up to last night.

So, is FAOT claiming that Book is by nature recruit-immune, or something else?
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby _infina_ » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:01 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:And probably Chandani...

Chandani was replaced.
I will look for a b.i.o replacement.
Image
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
User avatar
_infina_
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: First Class, Ozzy's Train

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests