[L]Firefly Mafia - Game Over - Serenity Crew Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [L]Firefly Game of Thrones - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby mpolo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:48 pm UTC

In principle, Mod Madness is actually pretty funny, but I suppose it does get carried away at times. I can understand Sungura's wanting to wait. Last year we spent a lot of time trying to work around the filters, but I'm just typing away at the moment. If this message (or following ones) somehow seems off, it's because I refuse to be a slave to the preview function. I have to admit that the filters are also disinclining me to go back and reread things.
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 am UTC

Yeah... so anyway. Back to actually playing. Should we lynch MN or FAOT or does someone want to make an argument for a third candidate? Also, btw MN, you forgot to unvote yourself.

Mostlynormal wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Although presumably FAOT expected to be believed, and if he was believed then that would pile suspicion onto MN not take it off. Okay, suspicion of MN slightly retracted.
I don't understand this. Why would FAOT being beleived heap suspicion on me?
I suspect you of being an original Reaver since your defense of Mr. Face has stuck out to me and it started on D1. If FAOT is believed then that means there is still recruiting. If there is still recruiting then I have reason to believe that you may still be a Reaver. If he is lying then there is likely no more original Reavers but he wants to direct attention at not-originally-town people. So if he is lying then your probably not a Reaver and I do think he is lying.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby Mostlynormal » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:34 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Yeah... so anyway. Back to actually playing. could we lynch MN or FAOT or does someone want to make a argument for a third candidate? Also, Another little tidbit, old chap MN, you forgot to unvote yourself.

No I didn't, you just missed it.

I wish I had a third candidate but this game is slow and people are hard to read. Sungura's been pretty townie (though her latest target was a survivor, something Az said earlier we should lynch her immediately for, not sure why he's not piping up now), Roband and mpolo are boringly normal, Angua's been pinging me slightly but not enough to warrant a vote, Misnomer just got here, you've been pretty neutral, and the rest were all town D1, so lynching them is no better than lynching FAOT.
Mostlynormal

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:35 am UTC

Sorry, busy weekend, with d&d Friday, local Con on Saturday, and sleep today.
Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 am UTC

EBWOP: Sleeping again now. Time change makes it later than it should be. Ugh. Will be useful tomorrow.
Azrael001

Postby mpolo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:41 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I suspect you [MostlyNormal] of being a original Reaver since your defense of Mr. Face has stuck out to me and it started on D1. If FAOT is believed then that means there is still recruiting. If there is still recruiting then I have reason to believe that you may still be a Reaver. If he is lying then there is likely no more original Reavers but he wants to direct attention at not-originally-town people. So if he is lying then your probably not a Reaver and I do think he is lying.

That's an interesting idea. In that case, the Alliance would have had to have been only the two people we have already killed, because 6 scum just seems like way too many. A cult starting at three seems like a lot as well, but if the recruit ends with the death of the last original member, that would be at least somewhat balanced. I need to review MostlyNormal's posting, though it may be hard to read through the madness.
mpolo

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 pm UTC

Mostlynormal and Amy are the two most prominent unclaimed people right now. Amy's been very helpful, and brook has not been. FAOT is acting like a liar, who may or may not still be town. If I am right and he is a liar, and he is still town, then I'm sorry, but I think that there are good odds that he is not.

That said, I think that we should be aiming for original Reavers first. This leads me to

Vote: Mostlynormal
Azrael001

Postby Mostlynormal » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:29 pm UTC

What exactly makes people think I was an original reaver? My defense of mrface was perfectly reasonable at the time, just because I refused to accept "Amy doesn't like him" as e vidence doesn't mean I was scum trying to defend him.
Here's the actual post where I first defended mrface:
Mostlynormal wrote:I also disagree with Amy (small newbie though HULK, going up against the psychic veteran). I don't see why someone would be that specific in they's rolespec if they really did have that specific role, especially if it be'd sort of a "out there" possibility. I see it as more idle rolespec, feeling out possibilities. Also, looking back, I think there be'd actually people who discussed the possibility of reavers converting people before he, so really I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

And I stand by it now, because given the information we had before mrface's death we had no really good reason to lynch him. That thing about people before him talking about culting reavers is true--Azrael was the first to bring it up and multiple people expanded upon it before mrface even posted.
Mostlynormal

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:26 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:Mostlynormal and Amy be the 2 most prominent unclaimed people right now. Amy's be'd very helpful, and brook hath not be'd. FAOT be acting like a liar, who may or may not still be town. If HULK right and he be a liar, and he be still town, then HULK sorry, but I think that there be good odds that he be not.

That sprayed, I think that we could be aiming for original Reavers first. This leads I 2

Vote: Mostlynormal

If you think FAOT is lying and not town then why do you think he lied? It seems to me that FAOT wanted us to keep focusing on the un-claimed so therefore I think we should assume there are no more original Reavers.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:39 am UTC

Liar is a role which can have any power that they claim, as long as no one calls them on it. Though a reactionary liar wouldn't make sense...
Azrael001

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:23 am UTC

I think it's pretty obvious what I have to do here.

Vote: MostlyNormal

Mostly for self-preservation.

If I die and flip town, at least you will know I was telling the truth. Hopefully whatever stopped me being recruited last night, will also stop tonights recruit putting us at no immediate disadvantage. I would prefer that we lynched someone else though because it will at least give us a chance to find the recruiter today (whereas lynching me will not).
ForAllOfThis

Postby mpolo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:55 am UTC

On the principle that we should be looking for the original Reavers, the only reasonable candidate that we've seen thus far is MostlyNormal, though I'm not 100% convinced yet. As such, I'm not going to rush this, especially with Amy being away due to Mod Madness. I need to do a re-read but the madness is getting thicker and I'm not sure how much I'm going to get out of a re-read at the moment. Ick.
mpolo

Postby Angua » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 am UTC

Without a reread, I would vote mn at the moment, but I know that is mainly wifom from yesterday, so I really need to reread.

Not going to do so with mod madness though.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 5 - Many Names

Postby Angua » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:33 pm UTC

Ok, the wordfilters appear to have ended, so I've read through mn's and faot's posts to see what I could find.

FaoT has been acting weird today, especially with their claim, but I don't think there was much wrong with their posting on previous days. If they are scum, I would suggest that they got recruited last night (though I have no idea what would make them claim to have been unsuccessfully recruited if they were recruited).

MN has actually been a bit odd throughout the entire game. They've spent a lot of time trying to get us to look elsewhere - eg they spent a lot of spec in D1 talking about how they don't think reavers are that important, and they didn't think we'd have a reaver team from the flavour - at most just a reaver SK. They try and get us to focus on alliance more in later days as well. If we do have a third original reaver, I would have mn being them.

I'll hold my vote for now, because I know that me rereading through stuff is coloured by my biases, so I'll see what other people think.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Sungura » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:30 pm UTC

Okay as I read I'm taking notes on who is left, I dont want to focus just on MN and FAOT.

AnguaSuggests Jayne as a vig character. Did not agree about mrface at all thinks mrface is more confused than anything. Has always been noncommital and brings up very few ideas, voting for people "pinging" or "being lurky", usually after at least a couple of other votes have already been cast on said person.
Conclusion: Typical Angua, but as she seemed to try and protect fireburns and mrface (but ended up voting for them at some point) especially later in the game it seems, I worry she may be a (probably just recruited) reaver.

BoomFrog Early posts are all about trying to find and out reavers. Once two reaver-only people are gotten has switched to MostlyNormal/FAOT debacle.
Conclusion: Seems mostly sound, nothing either way here.

Bio/Misnomer (BIO) got pigs from FAOT day one, and started an entire back and forth with that on nothing. Bio tends to attack and then read reactions, and I do agree with Bio that FAOT way over-responded. This is where my faot-as-scum opinion started until faot claimed. The attack on FAOT got Chandani(now Devourke) to jump on the bandwagon and then later that retracted with Chandani's claim. (MISNOMER) Has made his intro post and continues on the faot-seems-scummy chain.
conclusion: typical town-bio, solid posting I'm not that worried about them

FAOT We had some words at the begining....he's prettymuch doubted me from the start though slowed his attacks on me as the game continued. Claimed to save himself from Bio's (very unsubstantiated) attack which frankly is kinda rather dumb. With all these "town claims" I'm surprised so many are still around. Considering the mod saying there are mechanisms in play to discourage claiming, it is not unreasonable at all to think there would be no counterclaim to false claims. And...throughtout the game FAOT has claimed a lot. Often to try and premptivly get out of trouble it appears.
Conclusion: a lot of times those most scared of me are those who are scum, so for this alone he pings me, also when his tone switched he throws out a "Good catch Amy. Guess we gotta look closely at those people trying to lynch you." bone....which...really a) no one has tried to lynch me this game (other than roband voting for me once or twice) b) he has been one of the biggest folk against me. Add to this the original day 1 bio-scum-hunting which lead to his premptive claim, and subsequent pile-ing on the claims, and I would put him as one of the scummiest players around atm.

Roband starts with lol post, most of his posts are often and very short. and a lot of them reminding people to not just follow me. Which is fair enough, and because of his holding true to his original position on this it pings me a lot less than FAOT. (I hope this distinction is clear - faot was very anti-me and then switched when convient while tossing a bone of congrats, and roband has mearly been warning of dont-blindly-follow, the two are distinctly different.) Now the thing that does bug me was his early votes on me, which lies more in the range of FAOT - and perhaps FAOT's bone of looking at the people trying to lynch me - which really was only Roband was the closet to that - was some mechanism of separating them. Of course, Roband has found FAOT scummy too but has not followed up much on that.
Conclusion: Worried about the possible FAOT-Roband connection/distancing. Roband himself has consistant posting with overall good reasoning though which is redeaming. On the scummy side, but not as much as FAOT.

mpolo starts with suggesting mr universe role...I read through his posts and really nothing sticks out from anything about them. mpolo has typically flown under my radar when he is town in prior games so...
conclusion: really nothing to see here, gonna say town

Az Screwed up with pressing the red button, claimed Kaylee, inventor. Honestly he's played a typical Az impulsive-style game and nothing stands out here either.
conclusion: seems town-az to me

Chandani/DevourkeChandani was a wild card and crazyacting and claimed early on too to be Malcom. Recruiting here is a distinct possibility I think. Disapeared quickly, and Devourke has not posted at all.
conclusion: lurker to the nth degree, possible sitting reaver (lurker claimed town would be a perfect recruit). Because of this high possibility, if there is a day with lack of good leads I would not be opposed to lynching them.
Mod, can we get another replacement this is ridiculous

MostlyNormal Day 1 does not thing FAOTs reaction is overkill and defends him pretty heavily. Day 2 continues agreeing with FAOT, but then eventually switches and votes /for/ FAOT. His feelings of FAOT change again and he ends up jumping the SS wagon. Now bring up to current events and my recent post of issues from what he has saying today. There is something long-ranging and weird here but I can't sort through the data enough to figure out what. Could be a townie playing things safe (he says himself he is bad at scumhunting, this could be true and he's a more go-with-flow player like Angua but I dont have prior experience with him to know this), could be scum in cahoots with FAOT, or could be scum buddying up to FAOT in a weird way.
Conclusion: very scummy, but also kinda reaver-y with his recent post, and has some good town plays. Being all over the place I'm less sure of where he actually stands. Possible independent?

Based on all this I'm going to go with FAOT for my vote today. I dont like how he switched, and the FAOT-Roband connection possibility has me worried, however, I feel better about Roband and if FAOT comes back town I feel that clears Roband. The FAOT-MN connection is weird as well but seems to me more initiated by MN than anything else (so...if a chain it goes MN-FAOT-Roband). Taking out the middle also seems to be the most logical, and tells us the most information about the other two in the chain.

So, due to being the scummiest of the three, and the middle of the link-chain and hence provides the most info upon lynch, I

vote: FOAT
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm UTC

also 'cause I was curious here is a vote count (non-official)
and we have about 4 real-life days left for this game-day

2- faot (misnomer, amy)
2- MN (az, faot)
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
Sungura

Postby mpolo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 pm UTC

Thanks for the re-read, Amy. This at least give me some direction in my re-reading activities, which are going to have to be tomorrow afternoon, because it's already a bit late for me.
mpolo

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:27 pm UTC

That was a good post Amy, but it seemed to more or less boil down to an OMGUS. Now, FAOT is my second choice for a lynch, but you didn't really give any real reason for lynching him over MostlyNormal.
Azrael001

Postby Sungura » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:53 pm UTC

How is it an OMGUS?

We have three people potentially connected. Roband, FAOT, MN. Seems to be a lot of roband/foat, and mn/faot. This puts faot in the middle. All three have acted scummy and I posted about why.

Day 1, bio did not like faot (and he tends to have good pings) he confronts very flimsily. Faot huge overreacts claiming a town power role d1 out of the gate, this makes me think faot is scum and why I thought he was scum day 1 but the claim diswaded me and the other naysayers. Since then he has claimed nk-immune but with option of picking how he dies, and rever-immune. He's been allowed to float ever since the initial claim. However, with what the mod has said, it is not unreasonable that it is a false claim. Between this, and being in the mix with afformentioned two others, I feel he is the best vote. Lynching him also provides the most data on the other two scummy people.

So...where is the OMGUS? The added third layer of how it is typical meta of people who are anti-me from day one and then conviently switch 180 once I prove right? That's just how things often play out, but it is tertiary meta to the other two main solid problems with him.

Hopefully this clarifies...sorry spending two hours plus on a post reading through this huge thread can get a bit messy with thought-organizing and stuff can get lost in the entirety of the massiveness of the post.
Sungura

Postby Mostlynormal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:19 pm UTC

Amy, when did I ever heavily defend FAOT? The only post where I really say anything about him is this:

Mostlynormal wrote:It's funny, I don't actually think FAOT's original post was an overreaction at all, more like an observation, but I find his last post a huge overreaction. You can "see where this is going," so you're going to claim straightaway? You only have one vote on you! Sure, some other people are expressing suspicion, but still, one vote, with three days left in the day! You couldn't have waited it out a bit more before claiming?

I don't really buy that. FoS: FAOT

Then afterwards I say that I'm willing to treat him as confirmed town for the moment because of the claim but would reconsider things later. I assume your accusations have to do with the first part of my post. The part just before I said his latest post was a huge overreaction.

And then, how did I agree with him day 3? The part where I fourthed a request for explanation from Az that two people other than FAOT also supported? That was just a commonsense thing to ask, not some kind of weird buddying with FAOT specifically.

Actually trying to cast doubt on me by what amounts to quote sniping without the quotes seems pretty suspicious to me. I think maybe she was hoping no one would go back and check, (even I thought she was mostly right at first) and instead rely on her psychic cred. I was going to vote FAOT but suddenly Amy seems really scummy. I hope this doesn't look like some kind of OMGUS, but the things she accuses me of are basically flat out lies.

Vote: Sungura
Mostlynormal

Postby Sungura » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 pm UTC

Whenever I go back and re-read I do it by person so I can focus soley on them so things can pop out to me. Whenever I re-read people always acuse me of missing things or messing things up...sometimes I do (you try reading the same thread x number of times where x is the number of people all at once!) sometimes it just allows me to see them in a different light. Doing re-reads has gotten me lynched more than once LOL as people always say I missrepresent something about them and then vote me. This is nothing new.

When looking at just you, vs just other people, you do pop out as being a larger faot supporter over every one else. The way I do re-reads makes these differences pop out to me and helps me make such differentiations between people who otherwise all look the same by exaggerating the differences somewhat. Not saying everyone has to agree with me, just how I see it.

As you said yourself, you agreed with me until you went back and re-disected it but now you find me more scummy instead. We all read things through our own lenses, this is why it's important EVERYONE re-read on their own and look at everyone.
Sungura

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 am UTC

That would sound perfectly reasonable, except you didn't say I gave you the general impression of supporting FAOT, you gave specific examples in places that were obviously (even while looking at only my posts) not supportive of FAOT. The quoted post and one where I said I was willing to treat him as confirmed town for the day were the only two posts I made on FAOT day 1. Neither of them could be reasonably thought of as "heavily defending" FAOT. Perhaps saying that I sort of defended FAOT day one and expressed agreement with one of his statements day 3 would be mostly true. But I just don't see how you could've posted such specific accusations without the intent to deceive.

As far as doing re-reads getting Amy lynched, I don't have experience with that. Could someone I'm not currently voting for confirm or deny that?

Basically, I can understand mistakes, but you didn't give a general commentary, you made specific claims that were obviously false on examination. I'm just not quite buying it.

Sungura wrote:day 1 does not think FAOTs reaction is overkill and defends him pretty heavily. Day 2 continues agreeing with FAOT

This is what I have trouble with. It is not simply saying I was an FAOT supporter, it is making false/misleading statements.

Also, I realize this post could sound like a lot of OMGUS. I'm not trying to do that. I think I've defended myself adequately. I wouldn't even mind vague suspicion, because I haven't played perfectly this game. But Amy made pretty specific statements that were just plain wrong. I find that scummy.
Mostlynormal

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:44 am UTC

Sungura wrote:also 'cause I was curious here is a vote count (non-official)
and we have about 4 real-life days left for this game-day

2- faot (misnomer, amy)
2- MN (az, faot)

I'm pretty sure I'm voting for FAOT too. I haven't seen anything to change my vote. Oh, it wasn't in blue, maybe that's why you missed it.

Vote: FAOT
BoomFrog

Postby Sungura » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 am UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:That would sound perfectly reasonable, except you didn't say I gave you the general impression of supporting FAOT, you gave specific examples in places that were obviously (even while looking at only my posts) not supportive of FAOT. The quoted post and one where I said I was willing to treat him as confirmed town for the day were the only two posts I made on FAOT day 1. Neither of them could be reasonably thought of as "heavily defending" FAOT. Perhaps saying that I sort of defended FAOT day one and expressed agreement with one of his statements day 3 would be mostly true. But I just don't see how you could've posted such specific accusations without the intent to deceive.

As far as doing re-reads getting Amy lynched, I don't have experience with that. Could someone I'm not currently voting for confirm or deny that?

Basically, I can understand mistakes, but you didn't give a general commentary, you made specific claims that were obviously false on examination. I'm just not quite buying it.

Sungura wrote:day 1 does not think FAOTs reaction is overkill and defends him pretty heavily. Day 2 continues agreeing with FAOT

This is what I have trouble with. It is not simply saying I was an FAOT supporter, it is making false/misleading statements.

Also, I realize this post could sound like a lot of OMGUS. I'm not trying to do that. I think I've defended myself adequately. I wouldn't even mind vague suspicion, because I haven't played perfectly this game. But Amy made pretty specific statements that were just plain wrong. I find that scummy.
Yes you are against FAOT but at the same time lots of phrases pinged me as you being for him.

I should have said day 3 I guess, day 2 was cut so short.

Day one it was thinking FAOT was not overreacting at all that pinged me as you defending him.
Day threeish it was phrasing like this in your posts "That means we can ignore FAOT..."
and then the stuff I found weird earlier today
those are what stuck out to me, things no one else was saying. Sorry ok I got the day 2 wrong.

It was this stuff within the suspicion of FAOT that was weird, and stuck out when looking at you individually, which is why you seem like a FAOT supporter to me now.

Is it maybe weird and convoluted? sure. What hasn't been from me this entire game? People have thought I've seen weird stuff this whole game. But why do you think also you are lower on my scumdar than FAOT? Of course the issues I had with you earlier today are what still stand out and are majority of my uneasiness with you. See my post earlier today viewtopic.php?f=53&t=78802&start=320#p2901301
Sungura

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:45 pm UTC

It's more of a lack of sustained interest, a slow game pace and general inactivity that has led me to make bandwagony and off comments. As soon as I make a claim that somethings happened, I get jumped on and bandwagoned from every direction. Way to discourage activity. And it is a bandwagon, no-one has given a scrap of evidence that I couldn't have been protected from the reaver recruit last night. Any attempt of making a concrete argument has been based on role-speculation which I can't outright defend against.

I would have nothing to gain as a reaver lying about this. I've made myself an easy target to bandwagon today through jsut playing honestly and openly
ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:47 pm UTC

EBWOP: Post posted before I finished. Stupid laptop.

I made myself an easy target today by playing open and honestly, so when I flip town tomorrow you really need to look at the people jumping to vote for me on the sole reason I was protected from a reaver recruit. Because, it's absolutely BS reasoning.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:44 pm UTC

FAOT is my number two choice for a lynch because he's got some really bizarre power claims. MN however is unclaimed, and therefore much more likely to be one of the original Reavers (Amy is too, but has been helpful enough that I'm going to ignore that for now). He's also been acting really scummy. FAOT has been acting weird, and suspicious, but just this side of scummy I think. I really don't see how he could possibly be a better target than MN.
Azrael001

Postby mpolo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:14 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:FAOT is my number two choice for a lynch because he's got some really bizarre power claims. MN however is unclaimed, and therefore much more likely to be one of the original Reavers (Amy is too, but has been helpful enough that I'm going to ignore that for now). He's also been acting really scummy. FAOT has been acting weird, and suspicious, but just this side of scummy I think. I really don't see how he could possibly be a better target than MN.

This.

I want to get rid of the recruit, and even if FAOT was recruited last night, lynching him is not the way to get rid of it.

Vote: MostlyNormal

I'm willing to change this vote if we have a better candidate, of course.
mpolo

Postby Misnomer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:04 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:EBWOP: Post posted before I finished. Stupid laptop.

I made myself an easy target today by playing open and honestly, so when I flip town tomorrow you really need to look at the people jumping to vote for me on the sole reason I was protected from a reaver recruit. Because, it's absolutely BS reasoning.

You're not being suspected because you were protected from a Reaver recruit (not by me at any rate), but because you were informed that you were protected from a Reaver recruit. I cannot see how it would make sense for you to be informed in a setup such as this - therefore I doubt your claim, therefore I suspect your intentions.

So yeah, I still find FOAT suspicious as hell.

As for mostlynormal, I can kind of see the case against them, but there's nothing resembling a smoking gun yet. If it's still on a knife-edge as the day end draws near then they should definitely claim a role.

Incidentally, are we certain that more original reavers are out there? FAOT's claims aside, is there anything else which indicates that they should still exist? I'm still playing catch-up with the setup here, so apologies if I've missed something obvious.
Misnomer

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 pm UTC

I was informed when someone attempted to kill me as well, but wasn't bandwagoned for that.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Misnomer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:13 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:I was informed when someone attempted to kill me as well, but wasn't bandwagoned for that.

Ah, but I wasn't in the game at that point. :wink:
Misnomer

Postby Mostlynormal » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:44 am UTC

Ok I've still got my eye on Amy because I still think something's fishy about the whole business but I'm not as sure as before. I'll be watching you later on. For now I'm going to vote FAOT, because I'd prefer to not have to claim.

Unvote

Misnomer wrote:
ForAllOfThis wrote:I was informed when someone attempted to kill me as well, but wasn't bandwagoned for that.

Ah, but I wasn't in the game at that point. :wink:

Not only that, but being informed of an attempted kill is plausible when your role is kill immune, not so plausible when you were saved from culting by an outside power. And if there really is some kind of "reaver doctor" who protected you, why aren't they stepping up to stop a pointless lynch?

Misnomer wrote:Incidentally, are we certain that more original reavers are out there? FAOT's claims aside, is there anything else which indicates that they should still exist? I'm still playing catch-up with the setup here, so apologies if I've missed something obvious.

The reason I personally beleive there could be is this phrase in this morning's flavor:
A sense of unease washes over them. Something was different, but everyone was still here.

But apparently it's scummy to point out suspicious things in the flavor (see Sungura's post near the top of page 9), so everyone else has ignored it. I'm not sure why the other people who beleive FAOT is lying have any reason to think there are reavers left.
Mostlynormal

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:56 am UTC

It would be better I die and the reaver doctor remain hidden. Why would you suggest outting our only known defense against the reavers?
ForAllOfThis

Postby Mostlynormal » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:05 am UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:It would be better I die and the reaver doctor remain hidden. Why would you suggest outting our only known defense against the reavers?

I don't. I'm suggesting they never existed. Even if they did, I don't believe that it makes sense for you to be informed of the culting attempt. It's not totally unreasonable to claim if it could protect you and at the same time give town a chance to lynch scum today but either way that's not my main point.
Mostlynormal

Postby roband » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:08 am UTC

I have no idea where the votals are, but I'm going to vote - if it's a hammer, so be it.

Amy, I'm not entirely sure on the "roband and FAOT are connected" thing.
I've not trusted you from the start, I've made that clear. When FAOT made claims that clearly created a role which was OP, I was suspicious of him also.

Just because he also suspects you, that doesn't mean the 2 of us are connected in some way.

I haven't helped, but this game has ended up slow paced.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Angua » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 am UTC

Mostlynormal - you think that it's best to have a reaver-doctor (if we have one) out themselves to save FaoT? That's pretty ridiculous when you think that if there is one, they'd be next on the reaver's list to recruit/kill because they don't want people interfering with that. It's a pretty bad suggestion, even if you're trying to use it as an argument for them not existing.

I must agree that I don't see why FaoT would be informed if the recruit failed, unless the reaver-doctor acts blindly and doesn't get told if they've been successful or not at stopping a recruit. It's the only mechanic I can think of that would make sense, but I've never heard of the person with the power not being told - anyone with more experience than I have any idea with this?

So, Amy thinks I'm a reaver-recruit :( I guess that's better than them saying I've been scum from D1 though because I lurker voted for greenlover.

When is the deadline?

preview edit - in light of roband's vote, I'm going to
vote: mostlynormal
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby _infina_ » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 am UTC

Angua wrote:When is the deadline?

Original was March 17th, but I am going to extend it slightly due to mod madness. Current Deadline is March 20th.

Votals:
FOAT - 5 (Boomfrog, Misnomer, Amy, MostlyNormal, roband)
MostlyNormal - 4 (Az, FOAT, mpolo, Angua)

You all have a second yes/no vote on to lynch devourke at the end of the day if no replacement is found.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby roband » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:27 am UTC

Well the rules say that day ends at hammer. And (having now read back) what with there being 10 active players, didn't that just happen?
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby _infina_ » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:07 pm UTC

roband wrote:Well the rules say that day ends at hammer. And (having now read back) what with there being 10 active players, didn't that just happen?

With 10 players that means six to hammer. But we only have nine, so that was hammer. FOAT is dead, and we will be in a twilight phase until all have voted yer or no on the second lynch of devourke.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby Angua » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:22 pm UTC

vote: no

Reason - Chandani was Mal. They might be recruited by now, but I hope not.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia