Right, hi there everyone.
Long time lurker, first time posting. So, random facts to prove I am not a spambot:
I'm a 26 year old guy, living in London, but not originally from here. I work in the wonderful fields of private education and freelance research...the former involves mostly babysitting foreign students by being the resposible adult who tells them to clean their rooms, not drink out-of-date milk and other trivial matters, and the other involves being asked questions, and then getting paid for answering them. The particular kind of research I do is political science based, and so the questions are sometimes... odd, but usually interesting enough and not too difficult to look into.
Although I have a Masters in International Relations, I find 90% of politics to be pretty uninteresting and obvious, so I don't really comment on it much. The other 10% I do find interesting is usually obscure enough that no-one else finds it interesting or worth talking about. Also my interest in it tends to border on obsession, which will be useful when I decide to apply to PhD courses.
When I'm not at work, which is entirely too much of the time, I like to wander around London, acting like the complete tourist I secretly am. I think I've exhausted the possibilities of the major sights, so I'm now working on some of the more obscure yet notable things around. Like, for instance, the graveyard where they buried Jeremy Bentham is about a five minute walk from my flat. And there is a hidden bar on my street, which you need a password to access.
Anyway, I look forward to contributing to the forum. [insert comment about buying Viagra, gold watches or links to Canadian pharmacies here]