Re: The Evil Auction Game Over! Town and Survivor Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: The Evil Auction Game Over! Town and Survivor Win!

Postby Lataro » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:38 pm UTC

Welcome to my totally not completely evil auction!

A lot of the game info here will be copy and paste from Silknor's GGL game, please read it over though for any changes from that game.

Phase One (will take place after 10 sign ups are reached): IS OVER!
Spoiler:
Players will have a brief (72 hours or so) window to send the mod their ideas for powers. I will take all submissions into consideration, however, I may not use them all, and may alter others, as well as add other ones of my own design. I will be breaking the powers up into categories based on what they are. I will reveal more information on that during Phase Two, when I make known what roles will exist. Remember, you are only submitting powers, not roles or win conditions. Please try and send your suggestions in a small number of actual PMs, to make it easier to sort though. Please don't send me a ton of ideas all in individual PMs if avoidable.

Phase Two (Starts after I announce that Phase One is over): IS OVER!
Spoiler:
Rules:
1. You start with 250 energy. If you run out of energy you die.
2. You can bid for any number of roles, no bid can exceed 150.
3. 10 is the minimum bid, and your bid must be an integer.
4. You can only win one role, and if you win none, then you are a vanilla townie who starts Round 2 with 250 energy.
5. This is a sealed, second-price auction, meaning all bids are submitted by PM, and the winner of a role pays the next highest bid of another player. No information about your bid amounts will be revealed, except where explicitly stated. The second highest bid amount is paid by the second highest and the highest bidder when there are multiples of the same role available.
6. The exact rules aren’t final yet, but for Round 2 (abilities), you can expect these rules:
Far more abilities than players.
Each player can win more than 1 ability.
You cannot bid so much that if you won each ability you bid on, you would start with less than 50 energy.
Masons will be able to PM each other to coordinate bids, as will scum.

How I determine who wins each role:
1. Take the highest bid in the whole game, that bidder gets that role and pays the next highest bid of another player. If no one else bid for the role, they win the role for no energy cost.
2. Remove that role from the bidding list, and remove all bids by the winner of that role from consideration.
3. Return to step 1 with the leaner and meaner bid table, until there is no player without a role bidding for a role which has not been taken.
4. Give any player without a role the role of vanilla townie, OR ANY OTHER ROLE NOT WON YET, they will have 250 energy going into Round 2.

The base energy values (may be modified by abilities or roles):
Starting: 250
Lynched: Lose (30+5*number of players voting for lynchee+10 if the day ended because of a hammer and not time ran out) energy
Not lynched: Lose 2*number of players voting for them energy
Mafia NK: Lose 70 energy

Available Roles:

Lonely Collector: You collect things other people wouldn't be interested in. You win if you survive until the end of the game. You may NOT bid on any powers during Phase Three, however, if any powers receive no bids, you get them by default at no cost.

2x Chocolate Townie: You are better than your average townie, by only a slight bit though. Your bids for powers get an additional 15% towards them, rounded DOWN. (Final value of X.99 would result in a X value.)

Police Chief: You are here to flush the mafia out of your city. Due to your pull within your organization, your bids count for 20% more, rounded up. towards all powers that have anything to do with determining someone's role, alignment, energy, or what they did/what was done to them last night. (Final value of X.01 would result in a X+1 value.) However, you may not bid on any powers besides the type described above.

Chief Surgeon: Your extensive background has afforded you some position within the medical field. As such, your bids count for 20% more, rounded up, towards all powers that have anything to do with preventing energy damage to others, or willfully transferring energy from one person to another. Willfully is defined as the person losing any energy, including yourself, who gives consent to the act of it being transferred. (Final value of X.01 would result in a X+1 value.) However, you may not bid on any powers besides the type described above.

Mafia Kingpin: You don't just run the mob, you run the whole city. You've got connections. You are the leader of the mafia, and have final say on all decisions. Additionally, since you are so connected, your bids for powers during Phase Three have 15% added to them, rounded UP.(Final value of X.01 would result in an X+1 value.)

Mafia Thug: You are always looking for your chance to shine, so you follow the orders from up high and look to make a name for yourself. You get a 10% bonus to your bids, rounded down, for all powers that deal energy damage to another player. (Final value of X.99 would result in a X value.)

Mafia Newbie: You are new to the family. You don't know much what is going on yet, but are eager to prove yourself. You have no additional abilities.

Ancient Vampire: You were old before history was recorded. You feed on the living in order to survive. You win when you are the last player remaining. Each night, you may bite a victim, dealing them 50 energy of damage, and gaining 25 back yourself. You must always feed, and can not withhold this action.

2x Vanilla Townies: You have no other special abilities, you are here only as fodder in this war for the city. (Can not bid for this role, it is awarded by default!)

Remember, you have 250 energy, you pay whatever the next highest player bid or 0 if you get vanilla townie by not winning any, or if no one else bid for the role you won. Minimum bid is 10, bids must be an integer. No bid can exceed 150. Phase Two will last about 72 hours.

Phase Three (Starts after I announce the end of Phase Two): IS OVER!
Spoiler:
Bidding rules:
1. The minimum bid is 10, and all bids must be integers (sorry mathemagicians!).
2. Along with your bids, you may submit a cutoff (any integer from 1 to your current energy minus 10) instead of accepting the default of 50.
3. You will always pay what you bid for an ability, even when your role modifies the effective value of your bid for determining who wins.

Bidding process:
1. Select the highest effective (eg. after account for all bonuses) bid.
2. If that player’s remaining energy is cutoff+actual bid or greater, they win that ability.

This means you can never fall below your cutoff (50 if you don’t submit one) in bidding. This prevents you from ending up with an energy lower than you wanted because you win more bids than expected. It also provides a system for ensuring no one ends up with negative energy.

If that player’s remaining energy is less than cutoff+actual bid, remove that bid from the table and return to step 1.

3. Remove all bids for that ability (unless the ability can still be won by at least 1 more person, in which case just decrease the number of available copies of that ability).

4. Return to step 1 if there are still any bids left.

An X power kill means a kill that does X energy damage before accounting for any other factors.

At the start of each day, a list will be given indicating which NKs were used the respective targets for each. This will account only for targeted actions that deal energy damage as their primary function.

Summary of the Bidding Process:
You can submit as many bids as you like, and each can be as high as you like (the minimum bid is 10). You can also submit a cutoff (50 will be used if you don't submit your own), you cannot fall below this energy by winning abilities. You'll win an ability if you're the highest bidder (after account for scum bonuses) and winning it will leave you with at least your cutoff in energy. You always pay exactly what you bid for an ability. There's no limit to how many abilities you can win.

Note: This uses actual bids for the cost, not the next highest bid for the cost, as per the role bids.

Powers will be added here after Phase Two has ended.Phase Three will last about 72 hours as well.

List of Powers:

D:Flux Amplifier: Target one player. That player gains 15 energy and all other night actions that would reduce that player's energy tonight will be considered to have twice their listed power. (Eg. A player with 250 energy and a shield that deflects 30 energy off the strongest NK to target them each night is targeted by a 50 energy NK and Flux Amplifier. Their energy at the start of the next day is 250+15-2*50+30=195.)

T:True Believer: This ability must be used during the night. Sacrifice 50 energy (this effect occurs immediately after the next lynch) to inflict 25 damage on whomever you are voting for when time runs out/the hammer is cast.

C:Vengeance: If lynched and killed, may submit a night action to publicly (via mod post) reveal the alignment of 1 person who voted for you.

C:2x Empath: At the end of each day and night, the player is informed of the total amount energy spent the day/night.

Trickster: Switch this power with a random power of the player of your choice, then pay the cost of the received power. (Can cause the user to kill themself, and also just lose the power if targeting a powerless player)

2x Lynch vampire: You deal an extra 10 energy damage to lynch targets that you vote for and you gain 7 energy every time your vote leads to a lynch.

Lich: You do not die for having negative energy unless you are also lynched. You lose all but one other power and cannot vote if at negative energy. At the start of day 1 you must pick what the one power you can wield while undead is and it cannot be a power that costs you energy. If you gain positive energy at a later time, you may vote, but all your other powers that were lost are still gone, and Lich, will have no effect, as the undead may only rise once.

T:Shotgun: Each night you may deal 20 energy damage to target player and 10 damage to the two players adjacent on the player order list. (Skipping dead people's names.)

T:Poking stick: Each night you may deal 10 energy damage to target player.

Bee Hive Hat: If you are dealt energy damage then the targeting player takes 10 energy damage.

C:3x Scouter: Each night you can see what target players energy level was at the start of the night and at the end of the night. If it is over 9000 you lose this power. This costs 6 energy to activate.

Super Sayan Mode: One night per game you can change your energy level to 9001. To do this you must post, "RaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" during the preceding day phase. That night you are immune to roleblocks. The next day your energy returns to the amount that it was before you used this power. (Therefore that night you are effectively immune to energy damage and costs.)

C:2x Weapon Detector: Each night you can target a player and you will be informed what the theoretical maximum energy damage he could do to one player would be. This will not take into account faction powers such as the mafia NK.

D:Plain ol' Doctor: Each night you may target a player besides yourself. The first 70 energy damage to them that night will be prevented. This cannot prevent damage the deal to themselves with their own powers. This costs 20 energy to use.

C:Plain ol' Cop: Each night you can target a player and you will be told their faction. This costs 30 energy to use.

T:Poisoner: Each night you may target a player. That player is poisoned and loses 8 energy each night including the night you use the power. A player may be poisoned multiple times.

2x Demagogue: if currently voting for the person who is lynched at the end of the day, gain 20 energy if that person is scum, 5 if they are not.

Groucho: At the start of each day, send a "secret word" to the Mod. Each time someone who is not yourself uses this word, you get 1 energy. If you use your own secret word, you are penalized 50 energy per instance. Once you have earned 20 energy points in a day, it will be announced what the secret word was, and you will receive no further points for the use of the word.

T:Paper cut ninja: You may attack at least two and up to ten players in the night, inflicting a total energy loss of 12 points, divided evenly between your victims, rounded down.

Crooked Politician: Give 30 of your own energy to another player. In return, this person is compelled to vote as you have indicated during the gifting.

C:Quantum Detective: Holistic knowledge and New-Age bullshit allow you to divine information from the ether. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle is a bitch though. Find out either the name or the energy level (decided randomly by mod) of the first person to use a power on you each night.

Escapologist: Years of circus skills training have paid off. You can escape from a Cardboard box within a paper bag while hanging upside down from a tank of sharks, so a little thing like hanging isn't going to phase you. Now, if only there was a useful way to use that diablo... The first time you are lynched, no damage will be done, except from other special powers effecting the lynch. After that lynching happens as normal.

Master of Disguise: Your masterful use of makeup and wigs combine with your flawless acting skills to make you the perfect chameleon, indistinguishable from the real thing.
You can select a player every even night with who to switch identities. Any powers used on you will hit them and vice-versa.

Vote Rigger: Your credentials from working as a Russian bureaucratic make you the perfect person to collect in the votes at the end of the day. And so what if they need a little 'massaging' to make the truth clearer. That's how democracy works, right? On top of your normal one, you get an extra, secret vote (PM to mod before day ends).

2x Top-Hat: What can I say? It's a hat. You look swave and sophisticated, debonair and dashing. Gain 50 extra energy, added at the start of Day Five, if you are still alive. And a hat.

C:inexpedient cop: A cop power that gives correct information on every aspect of the target's role and what powers they have, but takes 3 nights, this power would continue to work on the original target regardless of role/power-blocks or redirects. This power costs 15 energy per night while active.

D:Investor: Once per night you may invest X energy in the well-being of another person. If they are alive by the end of the next day and night they gain 1.5X energy. You cannot invest more than 40 energy per night.

Gambler: Once per night you may gamble X energy on the life of another person. If they are dead by the end of the next night and day cycle you gain 1.5X energy. You cannot gamble more than 40 energy per night.

D:Quack doctor: Once per night you may target another player. They have a 50% chance of gaining 50 energy and a 50% chance of losing 20 energy thanks to your questionable methods.

T:Paranoid Wiffle Bat Owner: Anyone who targets you during the night will lose 5 energy and be very annoyed.

2x Bribery: Every night you may choose to pay 15 energy in exchange for being able to dictate the results of any investgations on you, including energy ones. Will not work on the inexpedient cop.

C:In tune with nature: You are able to sense people's energies and always know everyone's Energy to within a 30 Energy error (40-70, 30-60, etc), usable at night only, and gives the values based on their start of day energy.

2x Attention Seeker: You crave the attention of other people, and to you there's no such thing as bad attention. If the day ends and you are not lynched you gain 3*(# of players voting for you) Energy.

A multiplier next to the power name means that many copies of it are available.

A C: before a power means it counts for the cop to bid for it. A D: means it counts for the doctor, and a T: means it counts for the Thug's bonus.

Phase Four (Starts at the end of Phase Three): IS IN PROGRESS!
Spoiler:
The game starts! Fun is had!

For Phase Two and Phase Three, all ties go to the first person chronologically to bid for the role or power. The cost of the role is the amount bid, since two players or more sent the same bid amount.

At this time, signups are closed! No more players can elect to play at this time. Replacement players are welcome to send a PM, however, I hope to need none.

Phase Two will last until I have recieved a bid PM from every player, or three days, whatever comes sooner. Failure to bid will result in a vanilla town, and being selected last for any chance of an upgrade due to a role not being bid on. If you do not wish to bid for any roles, please send a PM saying so.

Players may talk about the setup and the game right now, and during all phases of the pre-game. I simply caution not to tip your hand or point out some strat that may end up being used against you unless you wish to do so.

Signup List:
2. fearless
3. TheMaskedGecko
4. roband
5. T1mm01994
6. mpolo
7. ConMan
8. Mostlynormal
9. BoomFrog
10.Chickenfish
11.Silknor
12.Matt96
Last edited by Lataro on Wed May 02, 2012 6:11 pm UTC, edited 20 times in total.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction: Game Info and Sign Up Phase

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:48 am UTC

In phase three if I am the top bidder for two powers but getting both will put me below cutoff, which power do I get? (I'd suggest whichever I bid on first or whichever is more expensive as two possible deciders.)
Lataro wrote:Note: This uses actual bids for the cost, not the next highest bid for the cost, as per the role bids.
Why make the power bidding different from the role bidding?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby Lataro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:58 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:In phase three if I am the top bidder for two powers but getting both will put me below cutoff, which power do I get? (I'd suggest whichever I bid on first or whichever is more expensive as two possible deciders.)
Lataro wrote:Note: This uses actual bids for the cost, not the next highest bid for the cost, as per the role bids.
Why make the power bidding different from the role bidding?

In the first scenario, it would go by the highest one you bid for first. So if you had 75 for X, 60 for Y, and 50 for Z, your priority for bids would go to X first, then Y, then Z for getting a power, since I look at powers with the current highest bid after awarded powers are removed. If you had 75 for X, 75 for Y, and 50 for Z, with a cutoff of 125, I would give preference to the order X and Y were listed. If you listed X first, it would get priority, if you listed Y first, it would. Hope that clears it up.

As for the reason it is different, I feel that the role bid system will ensure that every role is won by someone. For the power one, that does not have to be the case. This will be clearer once we get to this point.

Lataro

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:43 pm UTC

Sorry if this is a stupid question but are these powers we're supposed to submit equivalent to the abilities in Going, Going, Lynched? If not, then I'd appreciate an example or two, to see what you're expecting.
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.
TheMaskedGecko

Postby Lataro » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:37 pm UTC

Things like GGL powers are fine. Anything is really. If anything sent is too strong I'll modify or not use it as needed. Just be creative in your ideas.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 pm UTC

Phase One starts now!

Players are encouraged to submit power to the mod for consideration!

We are currently at 11 players! There is still room for one more player to sign up during this phase.

I'll allow about three days for this process to go on. I will end it early if I've got PMs from every player sending their ideas, and I feel like there is enough to work with at that time.

Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction: Phase One Power Submission Phase

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:17 am UTC

This is reminding me of preparing to play 1000 blank white cards. Making up powers that may but probably don't fit with other submissions.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Re: The Evil Auction: Phase One Power Submission Phase

Postby Lataro » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:32 pm UTC

Phase Two will start in a few hours here if anyone has some last minute ideas they want to get in!

Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction: Phase Two: Role Bid Phase!

Postby Lataro » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am UTC

Phase two has started! Please re-read the OP concerning it, as some changes were made. The roles were also added to it.

Happy Bidding!

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:12 pm UTC

Just waiting on bids from a couple more players here.

Lataro

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:26 pm UTC

Lataro, please, for the sake of my sanity, don't triple post. You're avatar's unnerving enough without having three doing synchronised winking at me :)

TheMaskedGecko

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:32 pm UTC

Since we're allowed to talk about the game, I call there won't be any votes over 50 for chocolate townie, and Mafia Kingpin is the most wanted role.
You heard it here first..
t1mm01994

Postby Chickenfish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:43 pm UTC

FoS: t1mm
Chickenfish

Postby matt96 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:I call there won't be any votes over 50 for chocolate townie.

I should hope not, as based on my math, paying more than 25 for chocolate townie would cost more energy than can possibly be gained (from increased power bids) from it.
-.. . .-. .--.
photos from my trip to New Hampshire
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby ConMan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:04 pm UTC

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I am the most likely player to be Vanilla Town. Why? Because I didn't bid for *any* role what I actually think it's worth.

So when I wind up as Kingpin ... I dunno.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:43 pm UTC

Ooh, this is fun- spreading wine before we even get our roles. It'd be interesting to find out at the end of the game which role was least popular. My money's on mafia newb or chocolate town.

TheMaskedGecko

Postby matt96 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:52 pm UTC

I would guess Police chief and chief surgeon would be least popular, or maybe lonely collector, as the first two are limited to only one type of power, and we don't know anything about what powers are actually going to be available, they could later see a power that is cool/interesting/whatever that they really want, but can't get because of the role they got, or possibly lonely collector, as it is unlikely there would be a power that no one bothered to bid for.
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Chickenfish » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:40 am UTC

matt96 wrote:
t1mm01994 wrote:I call there won't be any votes over 50 for chocolate townie.

I should hope not, as based on my math, paying more than 25 for chocolate townie would cost more energy than can possibly be gained (from increased power bids) from it.

You're forgetting the fun of trying to upset the numbers in this second price auction :)
Chickenfish

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:52 pm UTC

Chickenfish wrote:FoS: t1mm

Wait, how?

Apart from that, ConMan, that's hardly informative.. Even if it's actually true, you don't know how other people judge that. All of us might want to value the Vampire as <40 while you valued it as 50, and thought we valued it as 100.
t1mm01994

Postby fearless » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:13 pm UTC

Oops only saw this thread now. =_= What the heck is a "chickenfish"?
fearless

Postby Chickenfish » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:36 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:
Chickenfish wrote:FoS: t1mm

Wait, how?

With my finger!
fearless wrote:Oops only saw this thread now. =_= What the heck is a "chickenfish"?

It's a cross between a cat and an alligator.
Chickenfish

Postby matt96 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 am UTC

Lataro wrote:
Phase Two will last until I have recieved a bid PM from every player, or three days, whatever comes sooner
Lataro wrote:Phase two has started! Please re-read the OP concerning it, as some changes were made. The roles were also added to it.

Happy Bidding!

It has nearly been 3 days, just 12 more minutes (1 hour 12 minutes if in a place where daylight savings time hasn't started yet)
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Lataro » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:10 am UTC

I am going to send roles and start Phase Three tomorrow morning my time, which is Alaska time.

Lataro

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:55 am UTC

Lataro wrote:I am going to send roles and start Phase Three tomorrow morning my time, which is Alaska time.

So that's like August in normal time right?
BoomFrog

Postby Chickenfish » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:57 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Lataro wrote:I am going to send roles and start Phase Three tomorrow morning my time, which is Alaska time.

So that's like August in normal time right?

Hahaha, nice. (look at the Australian guy laughing at Alaska time)
So how long actually til we see roles?
Chickenfish

Postby Lataro » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:52 am UTC

Right now it is going on 8pm my time, so about 13 hours from now give or take.

Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction: Phase Three: Power Bid Phase!

Postby Lataro » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:45 pm UTC

Phase Three has started! This will last until I have received everyone's bids.

Lataro

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:49 pm UTC

Holy crap, there's a lot of hard to valuate powers... which is good, and fun, but this might take some pondering.
BoomFrog

Postby Chickenfish » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Holy crap, there's a lot of hard to valuate powers... which is good, and fun, but this might take some pondering.
Totally agree. Congrats all (and Lataro) - its gonna be a good game!
Chickenfish

Postby Lataro » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am UTC

Lich was clarified, in reading it over, the wording looked clunky, if you were interested in it, please re-read and make sure what you thought it was, was what I had intended.

Also, all the credit to you guys. I didn't put any powers of my own up there. I modified some of the ones submitted, and removed a few, but everything up there was all you guys.

Lataro

Postby Chickenfish » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:48 am UTC

Lataro wrote:Lich was clarified, in reading it over, the wording looked clunky, if you were interested in it, please re-read and make sure what you thought it was, was what I had intended.

Also, all the credit to you guys. I didn't put any powers of my own up there. I modified some of the ones submitted, and removed a few, but everything up there was all you guys.

Really!? Major props to the submitter of the "Plain Ol'" roles then for having the foresight to realise those powers otherwise wouldn't have been there!
Still, props for the organisation Lataro - ill definitely be high jacking the concept + numbers for my fb play group
Chickenfish

Postby roband » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 am UTC

Posting for egosearch
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:18 pm UTC

Oy, I've got a headache now, but at least that's done.
BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:06 pm UTC

If I may make an abvious suggestion: Don't vote too competetivly for obviously town powers, just bid enough so that if scum outbid you they would have wasted their energy. We don't need to compete with eachother.

Everyone should pick a few random(ish) scum powers such as the kill powers, flux capaciter and birbery and bid fairly high on two or so of them. That way we can deny them from scum or at least make sure they paid for it.
BoomFrog

Postby matt96 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:10 pm UTC

So
About how many people are we waiting on to send in power bids? I hope you aren't making us wait for the lonely collector to send in a PM saying that due to their role, they cannot bid for any powers.
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Lataro » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:53 pm UTC

When everything is received, the game will start. It will take as long as it reasonably takes.

Keep in mind that scum have chat during this time, and they deserve the time needed to coordinate their bids.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:28 am UTC

Have all bids in and finalized by about this time tomorrow. After that, I'll go though and work out who has what, and it'll pry start later that night, or the next morning.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:10 am UTC

Bids are closed. Time to start the process of figuring it all out.

Phase Four should start tomorrow morning my time at the latest, if not tonight, depending on how this goes.

Lataro

Postby Chickenfish » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:22 am UTC

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Chickenfish

Re: The Evil Auction: D1: A Grand Show

Postby Lataro » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:20 am UTC

Phase Four starts now! That means Day One starts now as well!

A note: Since there is SO much stuff going on in this game, PLEASE take it upon yourself to remind me if I need to do anything for you for a role or power. If it is supposed to be passive, please remind me anyway! This took a very long time to sort out, and will take a lot of effort on my part to keep straight. All I ask from you guys in this department is that you keep on it with what powers and such you have, and remind me whats up. Assume that I have no clue something is supposed to happen at any given time, and unless I specifically tell you that it has happened as it is supposed to, assume I forgot or am going to miss it! I'll try my best to not actually miss or forget something, however, as I said, this is a very complex beast I'm managing here. Thanks.

One day, some cosmic force got bored, and decided to mess with a group of people. He made some of them evil, some of them goodies, and some of them in a shade of gray. He then gave them a large assortment of random powers, and a little personality for zest. Now that his stage was set, he sat back, and enjoyed the show.

Day One starts now! 11 alive, 6 to lynch!

Deadline is about this time next Monday (Alaska Time)!

Lataro

Next

Return to Mafia