[T] PYPokémafia - Discussion thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [T] PYPokémafia - Discussion thread

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Must Channel fake Nighkill Immune...

What would Angry Squirrel do?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby ConMan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:50 am UTC

Spoiler:
Blah. To this day, the only reason I can ever think of where it would be useful to hammer yourself is a jester. Seriously, even if the whole game is against you then you're shortening the day so there's less content for everyone else to analyse (which is an anti-town thing to do) and if you're scum then you're preventing your scum-buddies from gaining a few townie points by throwing you under the bus.

Anyway, time to leap a few mountains! Wonder if anyone's going to take a shot at me tonight.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:15 am UTC

Spoiler:
ConMan wrote:Blah. To this day, the only reason I can ever think of where it would be useful to hammer yourself is a jester.
:D
I think having noob status helped a lot this game - I like to think my tone isn't that harsh usually. Gojoe (IIRC) picked it but nobody really listened to it. Didn't know how to respond to his suspicion so just didn't quote it - surprised I got away with that reaction!
Did my self hammer save somebody from being bombed, or does it hit next in line?
Now to reread and see how much of my random crap I actually believe!
Thanks for a great first game, t1mm. See you in the evil auction!
Chickenfish

Postby matt96 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 am UTC

Spoiler:
I'm tired, so I am delaying using my (highly limited) recruiting mason ability until tomorrow.
Probably on Angua, but even I am not sure who I will choose.
-.. . .-. .--.
photos from my trip to New Hampshire
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Deva » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:19 am UTC

PYPokemafia
Spoiler:
Allowed others to talk more. Is tired. Gathered as much as likely anyways. Resembled some of the remarks against Chickenfish too. Switched votes too much. Just replace Gojoe with Angua on the attention votes. And those other people. Shied away from revoting BoomFrog because of it. (Planned to revote as a tiebreaker, of course.)

Mistakes: Eight. (Almost a ninth for forgetting the count.)

Never committed too hard either. Hopes to improve that with additional information. Tends to believe anyone with a reason. Is neither an argumentative nor a perceptive individual. Not accustomed to answered questions either (as a spectator). Stimulated some conversation though.

Still not happy with BoomFrog’s claim. "Hey, look! Snorlax. Mmhmm. One of Ash’s Pokemon. Totally Town. But shh!" Never owned a Jolteon. Ended up Town regardless. Considered bringing that up (using the initial flavor, but not mentioning Jolteon). Probably a bad idea right now. May be solved with some death reveals anyways. Felt dramatic with
BoomFrog wrote:although I am hopeing, nay, betting my life, that he can read deeper then one level.
too. Revote him over all this? Should. Will likely not.

Role Absorbed Angua. Really hopes she is Town if copped. Avoided Lataro (this time) for that reason (and being difficult to read). Same for Mostlynormal. Cannot imagine someone copping him, but still.

Meta-prediction: that list of neutrals? All Mafia/Independents. Maybe one Town. Add that previous Mafia list to the Town list. Received a minor impression for a reason.
Changes its form depending on the observer.
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:48 am UTC

For matt96's eyes only!
Spoiler:
Now that I'm out, do you have a problem with sharing your role PM with me?
PS. Now I get the 'most town' list :wink:

For Deva's eyes only!
Spoiler:
Mind if I ask why Angua? If not, why Angua?
Chickenfish

Postby Angua » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:49 am UTC

Spoiler:
It would be interesting if chickenfish turns out to be voltorb, and is a jesterbomb. Hopefully it doesn't effect me.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 am UTC

Spoiler:
Jestered huh... :(

GoJoe was right, and if it hadn't been for Greenlover's weird logic I would have believed him. Good Job ChickenFish (assuming that you are indeed a jester)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby matt96 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:34 am UTC

Chickenfish:
Spoiler:
I have no problem sharing my role PM with those outside the game who are interested
t1mm01994 wrote:You are highly intelligent. In fact, you have been rumoured to have an IQ that's over 5000.. You can't know a 5th move, but hey, it's all good. You're intelligent, and you're Alakazam! Your high intelligence allows you many neat stuff, like moving objects, and telepathy. The first isn't very useful here, but the second sure is.. Once every Day/Night cycle you may choose someone to have a telepathic connection with. You don't get told their alignment, in fact, you won't know anything about them, but you will be able to communicate with them nonetheless. After you chose someone, he is your mason as long as you want to. You can choose to break the connection at any time, or you can add someone to it the next day. You may not have 2 seperate connections.

If that's strangely explained: Each day/night cycle you may recruit someone to your group of masons, and you can kick people out of it. Night 0 does not count.

tl;dr: Pokemon: Alakazam
Power: Recruiting mason
Alignment: Ash' side
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 am UTC

matt96:
Spoiler:
Cool role (this goes to you, t1mm, if you're out there!)
Posts make sense now - sorry to have given you heat as scum!
Good luck with it :)
Chickenfish

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:50 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I count 7 grapfruits collected so far:
Misnomer page4
Deva p3
GoJoe p3
Angua p3
RaceBandit p3
Woopate p3
Chandani p2

Too bad ChickenFish took his grapfruit to the grave with him, now I can never catch them all.
BoomFrog

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 pm UTC

@BoomFrog:
Spoiler:
Haha, so intrigued about your role. Are you variably powered depending on number of grapefruit? Or a wincon...
Can't decide if I want you to tell me or try to guess based on further actions - so I'll let you decide how much you want to share :D
Did we start an indie war or are you aligned?
Chickenfish

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:57 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Gah.. This is not going to be a fun end of night. There are no vanilla's, everyone's got something to submit, and there's so much flavor to write..
t1mm01994

Postby greenlover » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:16 pm UTC

Spoiler:
All these spoilers are driving me insane. >_< Must. Not. Click. On. Spoiler. Tags.

I also bet that having a separate thread solely for discussion of one game has really upped the amount of spoilers. /stating the obvious
greenlover

Postby Deva » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:31 pm UTC

At Chickenfish: Double-checking. May that one spoiler be read now?
Deva

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 pm UTC

Being the mod, I'll answer that for him: No spoilers may be read by living players.
t1mm01994

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:09 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:Being the mod, I'll answer that for him: No spoilers may be read by living players.

Oh, my mistake. I'll refrain then - I'd been asking living players questions about elements of the game (in a purely 1-way fashion, I wasn't providing any info of my own), didn't realise I couldn't! I'll keep my mouth (fingers?) shut now, just see what people share of their own volition :)
Chickenfish

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:20 pm UTC

Oh, wait. I must rephrase that then.
No living players can read spoilers not specifically labeled after them.
I'm fine with what you did, really.. Just not with Deva reading whta you asked and all that
t1mm01994

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:25 pm UTC

Chickenfish wrote:For Deva's eyes only!
Spoiler:
Mind if I ask why Angua? If not, why Angua?
I assumed Deva was talking about this. Deva I'll always address spoilers to somebody if it's part of conversation to someone, so if something looks like a continuation of conversation but I haven't addressed it to you, please don't read!
Maybe I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride anyway, to avoid confusion!
Chickenfish

Postby Mostlynormal » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:28 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Congrats Chickenfish. You really had me going there--just enough to look scummy without being over-the-top jesterlike about it. I might have trouble explaining my vote for you in the morning though. :lol:
Mostlynormal

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:14 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I really don't know who I'm talking to here, most likely just myself, but god, I need to get this off my chest.
I'm not too sure about my setup. I've got a 3 mafia 3 indies 10 town setup, with a PGO, a factional kill, a SK and a Jesterbomb. The jesterbomb has been discovered, and will detonate at dawn.. Just thinking I might have made scum too weak. If everything goes as it seems to go now, tomorrow will be 3 mafia, 2 indies, 6 town, which looks a lot better for scum. There are roughly a dozen wine creating abilities out there though, 4 roleblocks of sorts.. Wait, make that 5. I think everyone will be confused in the morning, and scum have a chance of taking it home.
t1mm01994

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:24 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:
Spoiler:
I really don't know who I'm talking to here, most likely just myself, but god, I need to get this off my chest.
I'm not too sure about my setup. I've got a 3 mafia 3 indies 10 town setup, with a PGO, a factional kill, a SK and a Jesterbomb. The jesterbomb has been discovered, and will detonate at dawn.. Just thinking I might have made scum too weak. If everything goes as it seems to go now, tomorrow will be 3 mafia, 2 indies, 6 town, which looks a lot better for scum. There are roughly a dozen wine creating abilities out there though, 4 roleblocks of sorts.. Wait, make that 5. I think everyone will be confused in the morning, and scum have a chance of taking it home.

Spoiler:
From what I've seen, t1mm, you've got some very fun stuff in here. In terms out people actually figuring out what's happened, I don't think that's why people sign up for turbos! I know I had a great first game (winning helps :D) but at the end of the day it sounds like your set up is designed for a quick game with total insanity going on - of which I'd have loved to be in any part!
Moral: don't be too hard on yourself. Not strict strategy mafia != not fun
Chickenfish

Postby Deva » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:11 am UTC

PYPokemafia
Spoiler:
Blinks.
No spoilers may be read by living players.
Do not read it.
Read it.
I'm fine with what you did, really.. Just not with Deva reading whta you asked and all that
Do not read it.

Erring on the side on caution while alive. Pointed out the correct spoiler. Asked a question, apparently. Will just say things. Posted in the normal Gojoe Discussion thread before the game, also.

- Why not vote for you? Used a vibe. Never exceeded the threshold of scumminess to warrant a serious look. Planned on doing that the next day. Briefly considered you as a Jester Bomb too, thanks to…Mostlynormal? Felt smarter to stay off voting you at the end.

- Why trust Angua? Brought up the first outside objections against BoomFrog. Posts handy Town reminders too. Appeared Town to several other players too. Role Absorbed based on that additional fact.

- Why vote Gojoe? Questioned Misnomer too hard over something too minor. Felt like setting up a Day One lynch target.

- So many predictions! Had better be correct on one. Tossed out enough.

- Why not add Jolteon’s power to the speculation list? Not handing out that much information. Allows the statement of "making the list completely beforehand" also.

Further meta note: Totally operates under the assumption of "no lies ever". Misleading statements? Trivially true statements? Omitting the truth? Yes, but no lies. Responds with, "Is Town. Is Mafia. Is Independent," on any direct alignment questions. May leave out the Independent part with no Independents. Expect a strong vote if caught lying. Definitely pursues any perceived lies. Tried to fish one out of BoomFrog already.

Hrm. Wants an official statement from BoomFrog now. Never technically claimed Snorlax. Dares him to lie. Sounds like a Pokemon Investigator too. Mentioned one earlier.

Mistakes: Eh. Appears dodgy on the direct alignment question otherwise. Cancels out. Still eight.
Deva

Postby webby » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:37 am UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PGOs and jesterbombs can make it swingy, but don't really hurt the balance, because the more townies there are left, the greater the chance a town player will get hit by them. The SK also helps. 10-3 is reasonably normal (C9++ for example is usually 9-3 with sometimes a serial killer) and I'm not convinced that many of the town powers are that helpful to them, plenty are double-edged (eg Grimer, Snorlax, Alakazam). At the start of the game I would have said chances were roughly 45%-35%-20% town-scum-SK, now i'd say town is in a little bit of trouble, the SK is doing very well having not been targetted at all and scum are looking good as well. 30-40-30 in my opinion now. Serial Killer is very tough in a game this large, but I reckon we've given him a decent chance with his powers.

Regardless though, it's a good set-up because it had fun roles and was unlikely to be one-sided and that's what matters most in these games - doesn't matter so much that the chances are equal between the factions.
webby

Postby matt96 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 am UTC

Spoiler:
Cool, it looks like I read my role PM wrong And I can have more than one person to talk to at a time, but any PMs I send to them have to go to all of them.
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 am UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:Oh, wait. I must rephrase that then.
Still confused. May I read this?
BoomFrog

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 am UTC

I'm so horribad at phrasing stuff... I'll hire a spokesman next time I mod a game.
If a spoiler is labeled with your name, read it. If a spoiler is not labeled with your name, don't read it.
That should clear stuff up.
t1mm01994

Postby roband » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 am UTC

roband:
Spoiler:
Oh damn boy, you playing a fiiiiiine game.

But seriously, some people must have some good roles, to be posting so many spoilers!
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:27 pm UTC

@ChickenFish
Spoiler:
Infoscrub fail:
just confirmed that you were indie. I was 90% sure you were a Jester and I've already submitted my nightaction so it doesn't matter but just an FYI for you.

Oh and as fun as teasing you about my role would be, it is less entertaining then you are guessing. I can only target people who have said grapefruit. I'll let you keep guessing my alignment. :)
BoomFrog

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:09 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Why, WHY do all my creative roles die so soon Q.Q
t1mm01994

Postby Chickenfish » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:23 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@ChickenFish
Spoiler:
Infoscrub fail:
just confirmed that you were indie. I was 90% sure you were a Jester and I've already submitted my nightaction so it doesn't matter but just an FYI for you.

Oh and as fun as teasing you about my role would be, it is less entertaining then you are guessing. I can only target people who have said grapefruit. I'll let you keep guessing my alignment. :)

@BoomFrog
Spoiler:
Very good point, I apologise to all for the potential slip-up. However, with my "this as my claim" and self voting, I'd assumed jester was a given.
Bad luck on the NK. Thoughts on mafia/vig/SK?
Chickenfish

Postby greenlover » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:50 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Grrrrr, Chickenfish. I was looking forward to copying someone's role. :P
greenlover

Postby Deva » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

PYPokemafia
Spoiler:
Use webby as a spokesperson.

Yay. Totally answered the question by chance. Guessed the Jester Bomb Pokemon correctly too. Just not the person.

Report: No information about any visitors to Angua. And so much for that death prediction.

Also, thank you, Mafia/Vigilante/Serial Killer. Ruined an opportunity for a false implied claim, but oh well. Better than the alternative.

Wonders what those Town powers were. Assumes Metronome for Clefairy. Might have exploded, based on the title flavor. Likes the idea of "Paranoid Eater" for Snorlax, if only for the image. Could have known Sleep Talk (Masons), Snore (Damage while asleep), or been night action resistant (obviously not immune). Probably nothing with Leftovers.
Deva

Postby Deva » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:50 pm UTC

PYPokemafia
Spoiler:
Deva wrote:Report: No information about any visitors to Angua.

Scratch that. Roleblocked last night. May have received a visitor. Looks innocent(ish) if that was a Town roleblock, at least.

Sort of hopes for another Role Absorber out there for the weird scenario. Doubtful, naturally.
Deva

Postby RaceBandit » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:30 pm UTC

Spoiler:
So, uh, matt96 decides to mason recruit me, and I get NK'd the same day.

That didn't last long! XD
RaceBandit

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:24 pm UTC

Spoiler:
How I love quite literally all spec being wrong.. Guys, I told you, no flavour knowledge needed!
Alright, the Snorlax one was fun, but that was intended.. Apart from that, barring Cop Arcanine very little roles actually have anything to do with their pokemans. The titles are just anime episode titles that are roughly applicable.. D1 was Episode 1, N1 was E2, E3 didn't apply the least so I jumped to E4. I'm having fun again, now. @CF: Thanks for the feedback :P

On a side-related note, quite literally /everything/ goes in Mafia's way.. The godfather is nearly confirmed town, they got a one-shot cop and hit the SK, 3 townies and an indie dead D1.. Things are looking somewhat bright.

Oh, and the flavor? Most of it makes sense, game related. Annoyed is Zubat, Terrified is Haunter in Lavender town, more of that sort :D
t1mm01994

Postby Deva » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:01 pm UTC

PYPokemafia
Spoiler:
Wrote up (part of) a spoiler yesterday questioning the Town list, and then made up excuses for their towniness. Came down to trusting them as Town and work with them as a team of five. So much for that. Still could, technically.

Oh, and updated predictions on those Town members:

- Angua: Cop, Growlithe. (Same as the start.)

- Lataro: Serial Killer, Gengar. (Had him as the Vigilante in the more trusting mood.) Reinvoking (perhaps incorrectly) a "North Wind and the Sun" strategy guess. Short version: Screwed over more by kindness than bitterness. Stretches to call it "kindness", though.

- Mostlynormal: Miller, Mewtwo. (Pretty evil.)

- Chandani: Doctor, Chansey. (Always receives the Doctor power.)

Not believing the one-shot Cop claim. Receive a power and be able to use it in the same night? Unlikely. Nightly cop or none at all. Counts as an exception to the "pursuing lies" thing. Nearly interfered with the entire event, also.
Deva

Postby _infina_ » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:31 pm UTC

@T1mm
Spoiler:
T1mm, is angua the scum I had pegged her as? and is she right about Lataro?
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:35 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:@T1mm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yes. Yes. Any other reads you want confirmed?
t1mm01994

Postby _infina_ » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:36 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:
_infina_ wrote:@T1mm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yes. Yes. Any other reads you want confirmed?

Spoiler:
roband as scum?
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia