Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm UTC

Lataro's Evil Auction
Spoiler:
I'm bored, so lets have some fun!

Awhile back, Silknor ran a VERY fun game IMO, called Going, Going, Lynched. I liked the system behind it, and am going to be running a game borrowing a ton from it mechanics-wise. For those unfamiliar with this game, you can read up on it here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=66893

I am going to be making a different setup than his game role-wise, however, the core of it will remain the same.

Step 1: Each player starts with X energy, they can submit blind bids for roles.
Step 2: The winner of each role loses whatever they bid for a role (May change this to they lose energy for the next lowest bid amount instead, considering still), and they are given that role.
Step 3: Prior to Step 1, players will have submitted powers/etc. to the mod via PM, the mod will consider the powers, twerk them as needed, and use them, with additional powers added. Not all submitted powers will be used. For Step 3, players bid energy on powers, and pay if they win, same as they would for Step 2.
Step 4: Crazy fun stuff happens, and the game gets underway!

A lot of what is in the first post for GGL will apply to my game, I will be making some changes though, and the roles used will be different. There will be fewer "vanilla" roles in this game.

Pace-wise, this will be about par with other games I've run, week long days, a few days for night. I'd like people to be active and not need to be replaced here.

Flavor-wise, I am undecided as of yet. It will most likely be window dressing, since the setup will be open as to what roles exist due to the bidding process.

I'll be looking for 10-12 live bodies for my evil auction! If I don't get at least 10, I will be cancelling this game.

3.TheMaskedGecko (Fixed that 'ect' because it was making me twitch
5. T1mm01994 (Just keep going, just keep going *dora@Finding Nemo*)
7. ConMan (my first Lataro game! should I be excited or scared?)
8. Mostlynormal (I'm excited AND scared!)
9. BoomFrog (Nah, he's not the one making up the roles this time)

@Boomfrog, reading is hard, appearantly ;) PMing would be a good plan.
t1mm01994

Postby roband » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:10 pm UTC

Lataro's Evil Auction
Spoiler:

Awhile back, Silknor ran a VERY fun game IMO, called Going, Going, Lynched. I liked the system behind it, and am going to be running a game borrowing a ton from it mechanics-wise. For those unfamiliar with this game, you can read up on it here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=66893

I am going to be making a different setup than his game role-wise, however, the core of it will remain the same.

Step 2: The winner of each role loses whatever they bid for a role (May change this to they lose energy for the next lowest bid amount instead, considering still), and they are given that role.
Step 3: Prior to Step 1, players will have submitted powers/etc. to the mod via PM, the mod will consider the powers, twerk them as needed, and use them, with additional powers added. Not all submitted powers will be used. For Step 3, players bid energy on powers, and pay if they win, same as they would for Step 2.

A lot of what is in the first post for GGL will apply to my game, I will be making some changes though, and the roles used will be different. There will be fewer "vanilla" roles in this game.

Pace-wise, this will be about par with other games I've run, week long days, a few days for night. I'd like people to be active and not need to be replaced here.

Flavor-wise, I am undecided as of yet. It will most likely be window dressing, since the setup will be open as to what roles exist due to the bidding process.

I'll be looking for 10-12 live bodies for my evil auction! If I don't get at least 10, I will be cancelling this game.

4. roband (we won this last time, right Lataro? Like a paired up thing? I'll play regardless)
Last edited by roband on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:08 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Weeks » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:04 pm UTC

e: fuck me
Magnanimous wrote:If it begs you to switch browsers, would it be Internet Implorer?
(he/him/his)Image
Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby mpolo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:07 pm UTC

Lataro's Evil Auction
Spoiler:

4. roband (we won this last time, right Lataro? Like a paired up thing? I'll play regardless)
6. mpolo (hiding here in the middle)
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby fearless » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:03 am UTC

Lataro's Evil Auction
Spoiler:

2. fearless
fearless

Postby Chickenfish » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:32 pm UTC

Lataro's Evil Auction
Spoiler:

2. fearless
10.Chickenfish
Chickenfish

Postby _infina_ » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:02 pm UTC

Firefly needs a replacement or 3.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby Silknor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 pm UTC

Lataro's Evil Auction
Spoiler:

2. fearless
10.Chickenfish
11. Silknor (Evil you say?)
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding
Silknor

Postby Weeks » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:28 pm UTC

Chickenfish wrote:...
Oh shit, a zombie.
Magnanimous wrote:If it begs you to switch browsers, would it be Internet Implorer?
(he/him/his)Image
Weeks

Postby matt96 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 pm UTC

Lataro's Evil Auction
Spoiler:

2. fearless
10.Chickenfish
11. Silknor (Evil you say?)
12. matt96 (might as well get some experience sooner rather than later, also sorry if I signed up incorrectly)
-.. . .-. .--.
photos from my trip to New Hampshire
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Krong » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:35 pm UTC

Signups are open for...

Political Parties Mafia!
ImageImageImage

The people of Caucus City have a mafia problem, and they've decided to let their politicians deal with it. This ought to be fun.

In this game, each player gets a daily choice of membership in a political party. Members of a party can chat privately, and each party has unique abilities that can be exploited by the town or mafia.

Setup: Open
Players: Aiming for 12
Bastardry: None, open setup.
Complexity: Low to Medium -- there are extra rules to understand, but they're not very complicated.
Speed: Each game day will take about 1 real-life week. The setup is nightless with a short twilight period for finalizing actions.

Signups:

Replacements:

Yes, the alpha on those images is off. I'll fix it for the real game.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)
Krong

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:51 pm UTC

Signups are open for...

Political Parties Mafia!
ImageImageImage

The people of Caucus City have a mafia problem, and they've decided to let their politicians deal with it. This ought to be fun.

In this game, each player gets a daily choice of membership in a political party. Members of a party will chat privately, and each party has unique abilities that will be exploited by the town or mafia.

Complexity: Low to Medium -- there are extra rules to understand, but they're not very complicated.
Speed: Each game day will take about 1 real-life week. The setup is nightless with a short twilight period for finalizing actions.

Signups:
1.TheMaskedGecko (Let's see if I'll be able to manipulate the people into revolting and declaring me their king)

Replacements:

ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.
TheMaskedGecko

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:08 pm UTC

Political Parties Mafia!
ImageImageImage

In this game, each player gets a daily choice of membership in a political party. Members of a party will chat privately, and each party has unique abilities that will be exploited by the town or mafia.

Signups:
1.TheMaskedGecko (Let's see if I'll be able to manipulate the people into revolting and declaring me their king)

Replacements:
1.Tim (I'm such a nice guy)

t1mm01994

Postby greenlover » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:31 pm UTC

Political Parties Mafia!
ImageImageImage

In this game, each player gets a daily choice of membership in a political party. Members of a party will chat privately, and each party has unique abilities that will be exploited by the town or [Actually, I changed my mind, the default font size is what I wanted after all.]m[/size]afia.

Signups:
2.greenlover (this shall be fun. Lets see if I can't get elected official lurker. >.> <.< >.>)

Replacements:
1.Tim (HULK such a nice guy)

greenlover

Postby Krong » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:41 pm UTC

Political Parties Mafia!
ImageImageImage

Signups:
2.greenlover (this shall be fun. Lets see if I won't get elected official lurker. >.> <.< >.>)
3. ahammel (sent Krong a PM asking to sign up)

Replacements:

The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)
Krong

Postby Misnomer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:20 am UTC

Political Parties Mafia!
ImageImageImage

Signups:
2.greenlover (this shall be fun. Lets see if I won't get elected official lurker. >.> <.< >.>)
4. Misnomer (this sounds familiar... :p)

Replacements:

Misnomer

Postby webby » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:45 am UTC

Political Parties Mafia!
ImageImageImage

In this game, each player gets a daily choice of membership in a political party. Members of a party will chat privately, and each party has unique abilities that will be exploited by the town or [Actually, I changed my mind, the default font size is what I wanted after all.]m[/size]afia.

Signups:
5. webby

Replacements:

webby

Postby wam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:24 pm UTC

ImageImageImage

The people of Caucus City have a mafia problem, and they've decided to let their politicians deal with it. This ought to be fun.[/center]

In this game, each player gets a daily choice of membership in a political party. Members of a party will chat privately, and each party hath unique abilities that will be exploited by the town or [Actually, I changed my mind, the default font size is what I wanted after all.]m[/size]afia.

Signups:
5. webby
6. wam (this is my first ever game so please be nice!)

Replacements:

Come join us playing mafia signup here
wam

Postby Adam H » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 pm UTC

ImageImageImage

The people of Caucus City have a mafia problem, and they've decided to let their politicians deal with it. This ought to be fun.[/center]

In this game, each player gets a daily choice of membership in a political party. Members of a party will chat privately, and each party hath unique abilities that will be exploited by the town or [Actually, I changed my mind, the default font size is what I wanted after all.]m[/size]afia.

Signups:
5. webby
7. Adam H (Oh yeah!)

Replacements:

-Adam
Adam H

Postby Krong » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 am UTC

If my good friend and colleague in scumminess is referring to the currently ongoing Hogwarts game, I'm fairly sure the similarities are only superficial. In this game, you choose your party membership, party membership has no direct influence on any win condition, and the number of parties will vary throughout the game.
Krong

Postby Lataro » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 am UTC

I think he means the game he ran where scum got decimated.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Postby Misnomer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:31 am UTC

Lataro wrote:I think he means the game he ran where scum got decimated.

Bingo.

I'm looking forward to the game though - the parties setup in HUAC never really developed the way I hoped it would, so I'll be interested to see how this pans out. :)
Misnomer

Postby matt96 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:11 am UTC

Krong wrote:

If my good friend and colleague in scumminess is referring to the currently ongoing Hogwarts game, I'm fairly sure the similarities are only superficial. In this game, you choose your party membership, party membership has no direct influence on any win condition, and the number of parties will vary throughout the game.

You sort of referred to a game that ended 3 hours before your post as ongoing, although it is easy to make the mistake of thinking a recently ended game is still running if you are only looking at when the last post was.
-.. . .-. .--.
photos from my trip to New Hampshire
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Weeks » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:04 am UTC

Scum slip

vote: Krong
(he/him/his)Image
Weeks

Postby Angua » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am UTC

ImageImageImage

Signups:
5. webby
7. Adam H (Oh yeah!)
8. Angua (I'm becoming an addict here)

Replacements:

“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby mpolo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:57 pm UTC

ImageImageImage

Signups:
5. webby
7. Adam H (Oh yeah!)
9. mpolo (Is this Chicago? Can the dead vote?)

Replacements:

Yes, the alpha on those images is off. I'll fix it for the real game.[/quote]
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby Snark » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:41 pm UTC

ImageImageImage

Signups:
5. webby
7. Adam H (Oh yeah!)
10. Snark (Watch out! I'm a Boojum!)

Replacements:

Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby Krong » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:06 am UTC

Cool, that'll be enough to start, though I would like us to get up to 12. I'll start the game thread and whatnot this Sat./Sun. to give it a few more days.
Krong

Postby CaptainFinglass » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:30 am UTC

Signups:
5. webby
7. Adam H (Oh yeah!)
11. CaptainFinglass (I've never played before, so hopefully someone can help me out....)

Replacements:

CaptainFinglass

Postby JesseScottOwen » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:37 pm UTC

ImageImageImage

Signups:
5. webby
7. Adam H (Oh yeah!)
11. CaptainFinglass (I've never played before, so hopefully someone can help me out....)
12. JesseScottOwen (Stop smiling. Children died.)

Replacements:

"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.
JesseScottOwen

Postby Misnomer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:23 pm UTC

It was a dark and stormy night.

In an old tumble-down cabin deep within the woods of Xkcdia, they gathered. Angered by the past and fearful of the future, they knew that they would not be able to hide from the world for much longer. The peace would not last.

The wind howled and the clouds parted. For a brief moment, the full moon shone bright in the sky, it's mystical light streaming through the cabin windows and illuminating the figure in the far-corner of the room.

With a low growl, their leader finally spoke:

"It is time."

WEREWOLF

Type: Normal
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Non-bastard
Player Numbers: Preferably around 20. If numbers fall short, an alternative closed non-bastard game with standard flavour will be run instead.

Players:

Replacements:
Misnomer

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:24 pm UTC

In an old tumble-down cabin deep within the woods of Xkcdia, they gathered. Angered by the past and fearful of the future, they knew that they would not be able to hide from the world for much longer. The peace would not last.

The wind howled and the clouds parted. For a brief moment, the full moon shone bright in the sky, it's mystical light streaming through the cabin windows and illuminating the figure in the far-corner of the room.

"It is time."

WEREWOLF

Player Numbers: Preferably around 20. If numbers fall short, an alternative closed non-bastard game with standard flavour will be run instead.

Players:
1.Tim (Squeee it's a werewolf game <3)

Replacements:
t1mm01994

Postby Angua » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:26 pm UTC

How do werewolf games work?
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Snark » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:30 pm UTC

"It is time."

WEREWOLF

Players:
2. Snark (A wolf? Where?)

Replacements:
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby Misnomer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:38 pm UTC

Angua wrote:How do werewolf games work?

Same as most mafia games - it's just an alternative set of flavour. The scum faction are known as werewolves instead of the mafia, cops are replaced by psychic seers, doctors become archangels or herbalists, the whole setup shifts from a town to a medieval village... you get the idea.

That said, this is a custom setup so I won't be considering myself limited to including 'normal' werewolf roles or flavour (for one thing, I want to go with more of a gothic horror or gaslamp fantasy theme instead of sticking to the middle ages). The basics mechanics of the game will still be pretty standard though. :wink:
Misnomer

Postby fearless » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:55 pm UTC

"It is time."

WEREWOLF

Players:

Replacements:
1. fearless (fearNOT!)
fearless

Postby wam » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 pm UTC

"It is time."

WEREWOLF

Players:
3. wam

Replacements:
1. fearless (fearNOT!)
Come join us playing mafia signup here
wam

Postby Gord » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:02 pm UTC

wam wrote:It was a dark and stormy night.

"It is time."

WEREWOLF

Players:
3. wam
4. Gord

Replacements:
1. fearless (fearNOT!)
Gord

Postby Dooms » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:51 pm UTC

"It is time."

WEREWOLF

Players:
3. wam
4. Dooms (First game on here.)

Replacements:
1. fearless (fearNOT!)
Dooms

Postby CaptainFinglass » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:12 pm UTC

"It is time."

WEREWOLF

Players:
3. wam
4. CaptainFinglass (Werewolves? Count me in)

Replacements:
1. fearless (fearNOT!)
Allons-y!
CaptainFinglass

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia