Re: The Evil Auction Game Over! Town and Survivor Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: The Evil Auction: D1: A Grand Show

Postby matt96 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 am UTC

Ebwop
Looks like I got ninja'd by ChickenFish, who is apparently also posting from his iPod.
-.. . .-. .--.
photos from my trip to New Hampshire
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Chickenfish » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Chickenfish wrote:Your post made a few leaps of logic I didn't follow. I think it's highly possible t1mm didn't want to break the tie between himself and ConMan and already had a convenient vote. Moreso, though, ConMan not placing a survival vote has me highly suspicious. Happy to be proven wrong, but I wouldn't rule it out that easily

If scum have the vote rigger then a near tie or tie is good for them. If they don't have the vote rigger then a tie or near tie will always be broken since all the non-mafia like a lynch as long as it isn't on them. I guess a conman-t1mm team that has voterigger is possible but as we've seen it's risky as we are now piling on one of them.

Okay, I decided I think t1mm-silknor-mpolo is more likely then conman-matt-MN

Unvote
Vote t1mm

You know that puts ConMan on 4 and t1mm on 3 allowing vote rigger to cause NL. Are you their 3rd?
Ninja'd by Matt: wtfffff, stil 4/3. I guess I have to
[b]Unvote, vote t1mm[/]
Poor Lataro
Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:41 am UTC

EBWOP:
Unvote, vote:t1mm
Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:44 am UTC

I think I mistook the vote count, so I retract my accusation of BF. I think we're at 4/2, so please nobody else change votes unless we can still dodge a vote rigger NL
Chickenfish

Postby Lataro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:55 am UTC

Votals:

roband - 2 - (Mostlynormal, Silknor)
ConMan - 2 - (TheMaskedGecko, Mpolo)
Mostlynormal - 1 - (T1mm01994)
T1mm01994 - 4 - (matt96, Chickenfish, roband, BoomFrog)
Silknor - 1 - (ConMan)

Six to lynch, deadline in about ~2 hours from now.

Ties are a NL
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Postby Lataro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:05 am UTC

Votals:

roband - 2 - (Mostlynormal, Silknor)
ConMan - 2 - (TheMaskedGecko, Mpolo)
Mostlynormal - 1 - (T1mm01994)
T1mm01994 - 5 - (matt96, Chickenfish, roband, BoomFrog, Vote Rigger)
Silknor - 1 - (ConMan)
T1mm01994 was lynched.

After triple checking, all applicable powers have been applied for end of day, if you feel that something may have been missed, point it out.

It is now Night One, this will last until about three days from now, give or take.

Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction: N1: Intermission

Postby Lataro » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:16 pm UTC

I'm missing a lot of actions. Deadline is 12 hours away. Remedy that.

Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction: N1: Intermission

Postby Lataro » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:17 am UTC

Realizing the beast was too big to manage, a decision was made! Two people had to clear the stage, to make it all more manageable!

Roband is dead. He was the Chief Surgeon. He possessed: Plain Doc, Flux Amp, Quack Doc, and Investor

BoomFrog is dead. He was Vanilla Town. He possessed: Vote Rigger, Master of Disguise, Lynch Vampire, and Poisoner.

BoomFrog was the mafia NK target.
roband was the Vampire target.
BoomFrog was the primary target for Shotgun. (MostlyNormal and Chickenfish were secondary).
BoomFrog was poked with the stick.
Mpolo was Poisoned.
ConMan and Chickenfish were each given paper cuts.
MostlyNormal was injured by the Quack Doctor.

Day Two starts now!

Nine remain, Five to lynch! Deadline is about this time next week.

If you feel you should have been given more info than what was PMed to you, please speak up, I have triple checked this and believe it to all be right however.

Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction: D2: Two Down, Nine To Go!

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:28 am UTC

Did I mention being a big punching bag? I think I did. So uhm, town is 2 down, which leaves 3-3-1-1 with the one really not caring, which means we do not want to kill a townie now.
In related news, I'm a townie. Bigger post incoming straight after I finished my test, i.e. 8 hours from now.
t1mm01994

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:14 am UTC

Wait, but I, aaaaaaghhhh.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:02 am UTC

Y'know what, I'm up for a break in studying, I'll pump out a bigger post now.

Many have accused me for my actions D1, with very often no more justification than "it's obviously scummy what he does so I'll throw a vote down".
This does not happify me.
Allow me to explain my actions D1.
First off, I voted matt96. I very much doubt anyone would take that vote seriously, especially seeing how it was down 2 threadposts later.
Then, I voted matt96 again. He didn't throw out that much content yet, and I wasn't sure where to vote in the headbutting of roband and MN, so I figured I'd stall my vote on matt96, until I had seen some more reactions.
Then I went full-on derpmode with the vote on roband. roband correctly pointed out my vote justification was utter rubbish, so I got it off there asap. I don't think removing your vote if you realise you've made a mistake is to be called scummy.
Seeing how I'm generally an active person, and value others' activity, I pretty much had to pump out a vote, which I placed on MN, as I was quite sure that in the roband/MN debate there was at least 1 scum, and I just realised it wasn't roband; hence, it was MN.
Apart from high agression and a derpvote on roband, I don't see much scumminess in there, but that just may be my biasedness towards seeing myself as town...

But, there's more to do than keeping myself from getting lynched. Did anyone gain energy over that last night? 'cus I don't see how anyone not having Gambler or being the AV would get more than 12 energy this night. (Brotip: Don't claim if you're actually the cop holding ITWN/Scouter, there are others that can do that for you at the moment)
t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 pm UTC

Oh, just figured something: The power increases.
I didn't mean "blindly lynch everyone whose energy level went up", I meant "If someone's energy level steadily keeps on going up, it would be good to lynch them." Especially now that investor is out, Demagogue still being ridiculously easy to spot, and the others only able to bump someone a bracket up once, I think that this is a rather safe assumption.
t1mm01994

Postby mpolo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:34 pm UTC

Unfortunately, roband won on the bidding for all four of those doctor-type powers. Which hurts.

Boomfrog being dead is (relatively) good for me, because I'll "only" be hemmorhaging 8 points a night. In general, he seems to have chosen "utility" powers, which won't hurt us as much as some other powers. The fact that he got Poisoner means that the Thugs didn't manage to corner the market on their brand of powers.

I suspect that the shotgun and the poke stick were weilded by the Mafia to ensure that their kill went through. He took 100 points of damage there…

ConMan and Chickenfish are down by 6 points, and MostlyNormal by 20. This would be a vote of confidence by BoomFrog for MostlyNormal, though.

Are we supposed to receive updates about our current energy level, or do we have to keep track of that ourselves?
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:51 pm UTC

mpolo, what are you trying to say in that last post? It's rather scattered and to be honest I god don't have a clue on what to do with it.
t1mm01994

Postby Lataro » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:59 pm UTC

As per GGL, players are not informed of their energy levels.

Lataro

Postby fearless » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:43 pm UTC

So *that's* why BF kept pushing for the MoD reveal - because he had it all along. Well at least now we can be assured that the cop's investigations can be relied upon. I've always found the doc to be not as effective a role as the rest. Still, a pity that all of it went away with Rob.

So, possible reasons for scum voting BF? Probably because BF had some good pointers and was getting too close. Of everyone whom he named possible mafia, I don't trust conman & timm the most. Though Timm did offer an explanation ... not sure if I'm satisfied with it. Then again, vote changing so many times is just too blatantly obvious. Would a scum really draw attention to himself like that? Hmm. Timm's a strong player and I wouldn't want to chance it in case he really is town and we lose another valuable role. I imagine he'd be one of the first couple of players to be investigated as well.

Conman voted for silknor, the other person BF suspected. There could be a connection there. If they were buddies and silknor had the attention seeker then voting him would up his energy, would not damage him in anyway, and wards suspicion off Conman because he didn't vote for a townie.

Agree with mpolo that shotgun & pokestick are wielded by mafia to ensure a kill. So the papercut belongs to someone else (protown) who suspects Conman and chickenfish. (Because if it belonged to scum then they will have picked BF as one of the targets). Chickenfish has always seemed pro-town so not sure why anyone would want to inflict damage on him.

MN and silk both voted for rob (townie) and fingered by BF (townie). Coincidence...? I don't think both are scum because that'd be putting all your eggs in one basket and so it's more probably that only one is scum. Right now i am leaning towards silknor (and conman) being fishy.
fearless

Postby Lataro » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:52 pm UTC

The secret word was "I" and has been used far more than 20 times.

Lataro

Postby mpolo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:33 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:mpolo, what are you trying to say in that last post? It's rather scattered and to be honest I god don't have a clue on what to do with it.

I was just trying to make sense of the start of day post. In the last sentence, swap roband for BoomFrog, though.
mpolo

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:30 pm UTC

So uhm... Just forjokes, assume Silk is the ancient vampire. We've got ourselves a /huge/ problem on our hands. If he's mafia, that's a bit less of a problem, but uhm... I don't think a cop would have enough energy to pay a lot for Groucho (as I believe he claimed) and well, I think ice townie would want the BF setup. Overall, I think Silk is our current biggest threat. Add to that that he can get away with illegible posts through Grouchoing very common words (I, the), and in my opinion, we've got a potentially very dangerous person. (Imagine Gambler in there, too.. *cold shivers*)
t1mm01994

Postby Mostlynormal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 pm UTC

Guys, I think I found the Ancient Vampire!

Claim: Scouter.

Last night mpolo started at 83 Energy and ended with 100. He lost 8 to the poisoner (I checked, and it does do damage on the first night), which means he gained exactly 25 energy if there were no other powers used on him. If someone wants to claim that they used an Energy modifying power on mpolo last night (don't be specific) then speak up, but otherwise:

Vote: mpolo
Mostlynormal

Postby t1mm01994 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:15 am UTC

That's... Quite a relief because then silk can "only" be scum (read: at worst).
First things first, and that's the AV.. I'll wait up whether someone speaks and if not, I'll help bring him down by hammer.
t1mm01994

Postby matt96 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:47 pm UTC

I think the best new information we got today is that scum does not have flux capaciter, and I am slightly weary of the scouter claim, as it would require 3 people to counter claim scouter in order for us to question it, if everyone thinks the claim is good, then we might as well lynch Mpolo, but because I am cautious of the claim, Mostlynormal, would you mind using your scouter on me tonight?
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Mostlynormal » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:19 pm UTC

I wouldn't mind doing it, since I've already caught the vampire (the main use of Scouter, IMO), but I'm not sure it'll help. The usual procedure is to lynch the scum result, then lynch the investigator if it turned out false. I realized too late that it's a bit more complicated (we won't be able to kill mpolo in one lynch unless we have a lynch vampire and True Beleiver on the wagon, and True Beleiver is willing/able to use their power). Also I'm sure there are other people with suspicions. Maybe we lynch mpolo today and I scout one person chosen by town as a whole. The next day the scouted confirms my reading is in their ballpark, and we finish lynching mpolo. Does that sound good?
Mostlynormal

Postby mpolo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:30 pm UTC

I really don't know what to say, other than "RaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
mpolo

Postby fearless » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:34 pm UTC

lol vote mpolo
fearless

Postby t1mm01994 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:44 pm UTC

No defense? How staggering.
t1mm01994

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 pm UTC

Scouter vote: mn target tim. He's as good a target as anyone.

Mod: Does Super Sayan mode affect lynches?

If it does, then we're gonna need a counterclaim before lynching.
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.
TheMaskedGecko

Postby matt96 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:08 pm UTC

I want to vote Mpolo but that would be hammer, and I know we will get the most information from someone with scouter targeting me.
Also, I don't believe that Mpolo has Super Sayan Mode, it looks more like he is trying to fake it to get out of a tight spot.
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Mostlynormal » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:15 pm UTC

TheMaskedGecko wrote:Scouter vote: mn target tim. He's as good a target as anyone.

I think we were trying to target townie looking people so they could confirm my scouter claim. Though it might be moot anyway given mpolo's defense.

Actually, if everybody thinks mpolo is scum anyway, maybe targeting T1mm would give us some good information, like how much more energy we need to lynch him.
Mostlynormal

Postby t1mm01994 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 pm UTC

@TMG, according to OP, it does not.

Besides that; anyone that brings mpolo any closer to hammer without a valid reason will automatically go on my "next to lynch" list.
We quite need the time to form some sort of strategy. This strategy is, however going to be influenced by 3 scum and 1 survivor, so keep your eyes open for obvious fallacies.

So, until anyone gets some better results, I think lynching the AV is our best bet, and seeing how he's at 100 energy, I think 2 days would be more than enough to bring him down.

After that, we should have a lot of confirmed/nearly confirmed alignments by our Cop, cus I don't see him dying yet.
Seeing how mpolo's defence appears to consist of "I'm a Vampire and don't NK me", I don't think MN needs to be double-checked. If anyone disagrees, I'd be more than glad to serve as a platform. I don't have any investigation changing/ energy gaining powers, so all are welcome, and bar votes I'll only change through the stuffs shown in the day-start post.
EDIT: Wait, why am I scummy again now? I just spent 15 minutes composing a town strategy post, darnit... @energy to lynch: ITWN would give enough information for that.. And I'm happy to claim that I'll live through a bit more than 1 lynch.
t1mm01994

Postby Chickenfish » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:32 am UTC

Hey all sorry for inactivity - busy week.
Please nobody hammer until we've had a lot more discussion of strategy
Pretty seedy after a buck's night and only have my phone at the moment - should have something a bit more substantial in a few hours
Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:42 am UTC

Ok, so I now realise there's not a whole lot of strategy we can discuss without getting a whole bunch of people to reveal their roles though. Seems pretty obvious we need to kill mpolo.
However, I will say simply this: t1mm's posts seem to be largely of a 'this is how I want everybody to claim' and 'I'm town guys, seriously' nature, so I'm very suspicious.
As for the MN's scouter test tonight, I think the target essentially has to not be t1mm (yesterday's lynch who doesn't seem to have done much to clear his name today) as if he's scum there's a reasonable chance he has bribery, and obviously not mpolo. I'm happy to volunteer, but I also think matt is a good choice, as he seems towniest to me and came up with the idea.
And so, with no further ado, I think it's time I
vote: mpolo
Chickenfish

Postby matt96 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:13 pm UTC

I am disappointed because I wanted to
But that apparently was hammer :(
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby Lataro » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:52 pm UTC

Everyone get mpolo, he is dangerous!

What, huh?

mpolo vanished!

Mpolo was lynched. Well, almost, except, he seems to have gotten away.

Night Two starts now, please be prompt with actions to keep this game moving people!

Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction:N2: Vanished!

Postby Lataro » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:27 pm UTC

since promptness isn't occurring... 24 hour warning. Get actions in ASAP!

Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction:N2: Vanished!

Postby Lataro » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:34 am UTC

T1mm01994 suddenly didn't wake up that morning. Nearby, lay the equally dead ConMan.

T1mm01994 was the Kingpin, he had the power Gambler.

ConMan was Chocolate Town, he had the powers Trickster (unused), Bee Hive Hat, and True Believer.

ConMan was the mafia NK target.
T1mm01994 was the Vampire target.
Silknor was the primary target for Shotgun. (matt96 and Chickenfish were secondary).
Silknor was poked with the stick.
Mpolo took poison damage.
matt96 and fearless were given paper cuts.

Day Three starts now, seven remain, four to lynch! Deadline is about this time next week.

Lataro

Re: The Evil Auction D3: Another Two Bite The Dust!

Postby Chickenfish » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 am UTC

1) You legend ConMan!
2) We're in serious trouble with Mpolo.
3) I don't know where to go from here. Thoughts?
Chickenfish

Postby fearless » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:14 am UTC

Lynch mpolo again methinks.
fearless

Postby matt96 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 am UTC

So, do we now discuss the results of last night for about 1 day real time, then lynch mpolo again?
I just don't want people with Investagative powers to die without having revealed the results.
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby mpolo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 am UTC

You did notice that I killed the Kingpin for you, didn't you?

In other news, either Silknor is not mafia, or the mafia is trying to make it look like he's not mafia. (As we were reasonably sure that the stick and the shotgun were controlled by the mafia.)
mpolo

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia