Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Misnomer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:38 pm UTC

Misnomer looked out of the carriage window at the endless expanse of trees and sighed.

“It’s not fair”, the young journalist thought to himself. “Anarchists are blowing up Cabinet ministers left, right and centre, scientists in Eastern Europe were reanimating the dead, and yet here I am stuck on a midnight train to the middle of nowhere to investigate some nonsense story about werewolves. Why, it’s absolutely ridiculous in this day and age for people to-"

His thoughts were interrupted by a screeching of brakes as the train suddenly jolted to a halt. Confused, Misnomer joined the other passengers in stepping off the train to see what the fuss was about – and then stood amazed at how fortunate they had been. Up ahead, mere inches from where the train had eventually stopped, fallen trees lay on the track, as if somebody had deliberately blocked the way. Thinking he had at last stumbled upon a decent story, Misnomer instinctively began jotting down headline ideas for his editor.

But then the howling began. Was it wolves? It didn’t sound like wolves… it was darker, more sinister.

Hearing a scream, Misnomer turned around just in time to see a dark shadow jump out of the woods and pounce upon one of his fellow passengers. Suddenly, they were everywhere. Great monstrous creatures, with razor-sharp claws and burning red eyes. This was it, they were werewolves.
Misnomer panicked, and ran for safety. But one of the creatures caught up with him, and struck at him from the side. Clutching his wound in agony, Misnomer saw the beast’s horrifying jaws opening wide for the kill.

A gunshot save him, and the beast fell to the ground. He would never find out who fired the weapon – he didn’t hang around long enough to do so. No, the journalist got up and he ran and he ran and he ran.

Three days later, he arrived at the town of Xkcdia and collapsed in the middle of the town square. The townsfolk rushed to him, but he was already slipping away. Mustering his last reserves of strength, he uttered just one word:

“Werewolves”

Welcome to Werewolf! Please read this post carefully, as it contains important information about the game. If you are new to playing Mafia, please also read the pinned Newbie Guide topic in the Mafia forum.

Standard Rules:
1. Do not talk about the game outside this thread.
2. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THIS THREAD.
3. Please stay on topic.
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, TELL ME. Really bad lurkers risk MODKILL
5. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis.
6. Once I say that it's nighttime, do not post in the thread
7. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
8. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
9. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.

Specific Game Rules:
1. I will usually give a deadline for the day, indicating when I am likely to call night. Until I actually call night, however, you are free to keep posting.
2. If at any point a player recieves a majority of votes, then the day ends, even if I haven't posted yet. You must not post after a majority is reached.
3. This is a closed setup. Do not bother asking for setup details, I won't give them to you.
4. All votes should be made by posting on a new line, IN BOLD. For example,
VOTE: Misnomer
5. You must post an Unvote before you can make a new vote. For example,
UNVOTE
VOTE: ForAllOfThis

6. If you have questions, either post them IN BOLD in this thread, or PM me.
7. You may only communicate with other players by PM if I have specifically said you can do so.
8. No role has day-chat, so don't do it. Also, don't chat before the start of the game.
9. Players cannot target themselves.

Setup Info
- This game has one town faction. The town faction wins when all anti-town factions are eliminated.
- This game has at least one anti-town faction. Anti-town factions win when town and all rival anti-town factions are defeated.
- This game may or may not have third-party factions. Third-party factions do not need to be eliminated by town or anti-town factions, and do not end the game if they win.
- This game includes a mixture of standard and non-standard roles.
- Multiple players may have the same role.
- No role is guaranteed to be sane.
- There is no cult. Other recruiting roles may be present, however.

Players
10. fearless (fearNOT!)
11. ahammel (There wolf. There castle.)
14. greenlover (Crazy busy. Perfect time to sign up for another game!)
17. mpolo/BoomFrog
19. Matt96 (Snagging the last signup slot, I should be dead in one of the other games I'm playing soon enough, and I have plenty of free time anyways.)

Dead Players:
16. tastelikecoke (define n (lambda (nyan)((pretty-print nyan)(n nyan)))) (n "nyan") - Town Minister, lynched D1
5. mostlynormal (I somehow managed to restrain myself from reading spoilers! :D ) - Town Innkeeper, killed N1
18. DaBigCheez (Been a while, but meh, why not?) - Dusk Druid, killed N1
7. Outnuendo (It's hunting season) - Werewolf Huntmaster, modkilled D2
2. Snark (A wolf? Where?) - Mafia Soldier, lynched D2
4. Krong (a tag-team hero in his own mind) - Werewolf Mage, died D2
9. Angua (I'm already a werewolf, so let's do this!) - Werewolf Graverobber, killed N2,
20. Lataro (Lots of new faces, this should be interesting.) - Town Anarchist, killed N2
12. Adam H - Mafia Consigliere, lynched D3
1.Tim (Squeee it's a werewolf game <3) - Town Priest, killed N3
15. webby - Town Doctor, killed N3
13. JesseScottOwen (Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.) - Mafia Capo, lynched D4
3. wam - Town Seer, killed N4
8. ForAllOfThis - Town Pirate-Ninja, killed N4
6. CaptainFinglass (Werewolves? Count me in) - role tba, lynched D5

Replacement Log:
Chickenfish - replaced by Fearless, D1
Gord - replaced by Krong, D1
Dooms - replaced by mostlynormal, D1
Zace - replaced by ForAllOfThis, D1
mpolo - replaced by BoomFrog, D1

Roles will be going out sometime within the next 24 hours. The Day will begin when all roles have been sent out. Feel free to chat in here in the meantime, but don't post any game-related content and DON'T communicate with each other by PM.
Last edited by Misnomer on Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 am UTC, edited 18 times in total.
Misnomer

Re: Werewolf - Pre-Game: The Train to Xkcdia

Postby Snark » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 pm UTC

This is me. Feeling free to chat. Love the opening flavor.

Wait, is that game-related content?

What precisely are we supposed to chat about besides game-related content?

So guys... you see Twilight yet?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:14 pm UTC

Sad thing: Kirsten Stewart actually does a marvelous job of representing her book counterpart... Or so my girlfriend said.
Do love the flavour, too, just wondering who's telling the tale now that Misnomer is dead...
t1mm01994

Postby Misnomer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:36 pm UTC

Hehe... And who says I'm dead? :p

But yeah, by no game-related content I mean don't go scumhunting etc. while roles are still being sent out. You're free to discuss the basic setup details or raise any queries.

Roles have been written so once I get access to my laptop I'll send them out.
Misnomer

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:42 pm UTC

Hmm... If this were a horror movie we'd know the black male dies first. Sadly, this is not a movie, and I have no information on peoples races (nor want it, fyi). 20 persons, either 2 factions of 3-ish, or 1 faction of 5-ish, coupled with a bunch of indies, probably including a jester because what fun is a closed setup without a Jester.
t1mm01994

Postby Lataro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:07 am UTC

T1mm01994 is trying too hard to look town and be overly active.

Vote: T1mm01994
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Re: Werewolf - Day 1: The Hunt Begins

Postby Misnomer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:22 am UTC

All roles have now been sent out. If you have not recieved a role, PM me urgently.

After collapsing in the town square, Misnomer was taken to the infirmary. His wounds were treated and began to heal, but he didn't regain conciousness. Some speculated that after the horrors he'd witnessed, he didn't want to. Regardless, the townsfolk had more pressing concerns than the health of a stranger.

The day after Misnomer's arrival, a shepherd in the hills above Xkcdia was found slaughtered along with his entire flock. The day after, the mutilated remains of a local farmer and his family were discovered only just beyond the town walls. And the morning after, the Mayor himself was found murdered outside the town hall, covered in bites and claw marks. There could be absolutely no doubt: the werewolves had infiltrated Xkcdia.

Wasting no time, the townsfolk gathered in the town square to hunt down the menace within. Neighbour suspected neighbour. Friend turned against friend. By all accounts, the peace and harmony of the town was destroyed, replaced by hatred and fear.

But it was a necessary price to pay. The wolves needed to be driven out, and as quickly as possible. By the end of the day, somebody would have to be lynched...

It is now Day 1. Cast your votes in BOLD. 20 players, so 11 votes needed for a majority lynch. The deadline for the day is provisionally set to 6pm BST on Easter Monday: if a majority has not been reached by then, then the player with the most votes will be lynched. Good luck! :)
Misnomer

Postby matt96 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:33 am UTC

Vote:Snark
Do not mention Twilight again, or I won't unvote within 24 hours real time. :P
-.. . .-. .--.
photos from my trip to New Hampshire
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby JesseScottOwen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:34 am UTC

Does anyone here not like chocolate? (We'll smoke out these canines easily enough.)
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.
JesseScottOwen

Postby ahammel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:56 am UTC

Go go gadget rolespec!

Cop (== seer in the werewolf-flavoured games I've played) and doctor (== bodyguard) come standard for town. Probably a roleblock for the wolves, and maybe one for town as well. Jester/survivor independents wouldn't be surprising. I don't see an obvious flavour justification for a third, non-independent faction.

Mod wrote:No role has day-chat[...]

So the Masons (if any) can only nightchat.

Mod wrote:There is no cult. Other recruiting roles may be present, however.

Not sure how to interpret that. Possible recruiters but no recruiting faction, I guess? Maybe the wolves have a one-shot recruit (makes sense from a flavour perspective).
I also answer to 'Alex'

YES, IT'S SPACEY-WACEY!
ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 am UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote:Does anyone here not like chocolate? (We'll smoke out these canines easily enough.)

Wolves are lupine - blatant attempt at distancing yourself.
VOTE: JesseScottOwen
Chickenfish

Postby matt96 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:42 am UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote:Does anyone here not like chocolate? (We'll smoke out these canines easily enough.)

Are you implying that only the werewolves don't like chocolate? I personally do not care for it, but I can eat it and not be poisoned, however, I might throw up from the horrible taste, I would vote you for that highly personal insult, but I need to make my position on Twilight clear. Anyone want to hear about the time I "Accidentally snapped my sister's life sized cardboard cut-out of Edward Cullen in half, or the time before that when I hid it in the bathroom and turned off the lights in an attempt to scare my sister out of being obsessed with Twilight, but it backfired as I forgot about it and ended up being the next one to use the bathroom?
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby webby » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:15 am UTC

I'm here and I'll post properly later. Just a note - I'll be away from Thursday to Monday - should have internet access to post, but may not be quite as frequent as usual.

ahammel wrote:
Cop (== seer in the werewolf-flavoured games I've played) and doctor (== bodyguard) come standard for town. Probably a roleblock for the wolves, and maybe one for town as well. Jester/survivor independents wouldn't be surprising. I don't see an obvious flavour justification for a third, non-independent faction.

Careful with the 'no role is guaranteed to be sane' thing. Flavour would fit a not-sane doctor, I can't see why a cop wouldn't be sane.

In terms of extra factions, we have had town vs mafia vs werewolves before. With 20 players, I'd be surprised if there weren't multiple factions - there need to be enough nightkills to get the game moving.
webby

Postby greenlover » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:45 am UTC

Vote: Matt96

For twilight references. Anyone who makes any further references to that horrible creation of some twisted mind will receive my vote next. Hopefully that should cut down on the references. >.>

Anyway, I'm inclined to agree with webby in that its likely a town v mafia v werewolf setup. If I recall correctly, Misnomer ran a similar game in the past? Also wouldn't be too surprised to see a variety of extra roles as well. Guessing from the opening post, probably a mason group someplace in there? Recruiting masons is the only non-cult role I can think of that would still work with the rules that Misnomer provided.

But anyway, onto spec. I'd guess that we're probably dealing with a 11-4-4-1, or a 10-4-4-1-1 setup, with the fours being the mafia/werewolf factions, and the 1's being the independents that the mod keeps hinting at. A 9-5-5-1 or 8-5-5-1-1 setup seems a bit unfair to the town, and a 13-3-3-1 or 12-3-3-1-1 setup seems a bit too balanced in the towns favor, although I guess having a lot or very few town powers could help balance that out either way. I also wouldn't be too surprised by the existence of a SK or vig, to help things move rapidly in such a big game, although having 4 kills flying around all the time could make things a bit too fast.
greenlover

Postby matt96 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:50 am UTC

greenlover wrote:Vote: Matt96

For twilight references. .

Seriously? I was talking about things I did in real life, because of what I have to try to put up with every day, and you go and vote for me for saying what an activist I have been in trying to cure my sister of her parasitic infection? And with similar justification as mine for voting Snark, who had been implying that there are people on this forum deranged enough to go see the movies? What is wrong with you?
-.. . .-. .--.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

interview
matt96

Postby ahammel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:17 am UTC

webby wrote:Careful with the 'no role is guaranteed to be sane' thing. Flavour would fit a not-sane doctor, I can't see why a cop wouldn't be sane.

Forgive my noobitude, but how does a non-sane doctor work? Somebody is protected at random?

Or did you mean:
Flavour would fit a not-sane cop, I can't see why a doctor wouldn't be sane.

Also: heavily in favour of lynching anybody who reminds me that a certain series of books for aliterate 13-year-olds even exists.
I also answer to 'Alex'

YES, IT'S SPACEY-WACEY!
ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby webby » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 am UTC

Greenlover, only one independent out of 20 is unlikely. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of one large scum team (maybe 5 players?) and many independents, at least one of which would have a nightkill.

Non-sane doctors - see here - http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Doctor
webby

Postby Misnomer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:32 am UTC

Votals:

Snark (1): matt96
JesseScottOwen (1): Chickenfish
matt96 (1): greenlover

Not Voting (17): t1mm01994, Snark, wam, Gord, Dooms, CaptainFinglass, Outnuendo, Zace, Angua, ahammel, Adam H, JesseScottOwen, webby, tastelikecoke, mpolo, DaBigCheez, Lataro
Misnomer

Postby Angua » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 am UTC

vote: misnomer

Obvious werewolf victim is obvious. I hope we have a lot of silver in those ropes!

Also, come on - there are so many great werewolves out there and you have to choose the badly written ones. Josh and Nora, George and Nina, Angua and the rest of the von Überwalds, etc

Werewolves are part human for most of the time - they'd probably be able to eat chocolate anyway - FoS to JSO for that!

As for flavour - I'm not really sure of all the newfangled names I'll have to get to grips with, so I'll use the standard names. I think we're less likely to have a mafia faction and a werewolf faction - the opening flavour seems to imply the town was fairly peaceful before the werewolves arrived. I wouldn't be surprised if town had a small group of masons that have a vig kill (a lynch mob of sorts) - I guess they could be independent as well. The possibility of insane roles means that cop results are a bit limited - cops make sure you investigate yourself on n1 to try and assess sanity. The insane doctors are pretty scary - I guess we should just hope that the doctor is sane? Then, if the person you're protecting ends up dead, you should probably stop trying.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 am UTC

matt96 wrote:Vote:Snark

When this person gets voted for mentioning Twilight, we can surely see that the voter is desperate scum, looking for an early vote so he can lurk behind that.
Vote: greenlover
t1mm01994

Postby Misnomer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:24 am UTC

Clarification: players cannot target themselves. The OP has been amended to reflect this.
Misnomer

Postby Angua » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 am UTC

Cops, disregard what I said about targeting yourselves.

I guess the only way a cop is going to find out their sanity is by someone getting lynched. And even that isn't great considering redirection roles that could be afoot.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby CaptainFinglass » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:37 am UTC

Twilight? Really? If anyone starts bringing out that excuse for a book, I will just vote for them straight up.

In other news, posting will be quite spotty on my end for a couple of days, as travelling by train is really not brilliant for internet use.
Allons-y!
CaptainFinglass

Postby Angua » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:46 am UTC

I'd like to point out that I've been referencing a much more awesome werewolf since well before this thread began.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Outnuendo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:54 am UTC

Then, if the person you're protecting ends up dead, you should probably stop trying.

Or he becomes a makeshift vig.

Even then, there's no guarantee that we have any insane roles; it's pointless speculating now.
Outnuendo

Postby Angua » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 am UTC

We don't have much else to do on D1 though.

You're right - I forgot about the fact they could become a vig.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Outnuendo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:08 am UTC

Angua wrote:We don't have much else to do on D1 though.

It pretty much gives scum a free pass. Instead of actual manipulation and the like, they can contribute just by speculating roles.
Outnuendo

Postby Angua » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 am UTC

What would you prefer we do instead? We can't scum-hunt without having a conversation first. Besides, I've seen some amazing stuff coming out from people's analysis of how the game could work (I'm not very good at it, but some people on this forum are so good at it, they seem to be psychic).
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Outnuendo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:14 am UTC

What would you prefer we do instead?

That's what I'm thinking about now.
Outnuendo

Postby mpolo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:06 am UTC

So, we have a lot of people posting, but not a whole lot of content yet. It does seem to me that there is likely some source of an additional kill, simply because the game would likely stretch out too long if only one is dying per night. I don't really see a whole faction though, as it wasn't advertised as a mafia vs. werewolves game. Though perhaps an SK and/or vig to keep things moving.

If there are approximately 1/3 scum, we would need a fairly large wolf faction if there are only a couple of singles for other scum. If there is in fact another faction, then 4-4 might be reasonable, though would have to be offset by a fairly powerful town. (Because 12-4-4 is going to go pretty rapidly to LYLO unless town gets lucky…) Or there could be slightly fewer scum, and they have powers…

The fact that there is no day-chat would tend to speak against masons, but it's not 100% guaranteed that masons have to be day-chatters. A possible recruit among the werewolves, or a recruiting mason leader would be possibilites for a non-cult recruit that I can see.
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby JesseScottOwen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 pm UTC

I'm not sure how recruiting (in the game of Mafia) works, but can't werewolves turn others into werewolves, just like vampires and zombies?

(Ooh, a zombie game would be fun. When Hell fills up, the dead walk the earth. Who's up for that after this game?)
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.
JesseScottOwen

Postby tastelikecoke » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:49 pm UTC

Seeing there's a bandwagon against the influences of Twilight, might as well join!

Vote: Snark

Also technically, Tim is the only one who actually talked about the one specifically written by Stephenie Meyer.

For some background to the new ones, Day 1 usually involves irrational banter and random voting, since we have nothing else to do other than stare each other's pimples. And yet surprisingly Day 1 posts are usually the tells that make or break. Or at least that's what most people say.

JesseScottOwen: Even in the original version of Mafia called Werewolf it never works like that. And I think werewolves are only viral in some rare cases of fiction, like Elder Scrolls (haha).
tastelikecoke

Postby wam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:10 pm UTC

I agree that all people mentioning twilight should die!

Also from reading the flavour text I feel 1 scum faction is more likely but not a given.
Come join us playing mafia signup here
wam

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 pm UTC

We have a bandwagon vote, and it attacks me too! That´s 2 reasons to think he´s scum, as I´m obviously town!
UNVOTE
VOTE: tastelikecoke

yeah I messed up my apostrophe's settings no hating
t1mm01994

Postby tastelikecoke » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:45 pm UTC

meta-note: I have seen this before in Secret Santa:
- This game has one town faction. The town faction wins when all anti-town factions are eliminated.
- This game has at least one anti-town faction. Anti-town factions win when town and all rival anti-town factions are defeated.

This is definitely just some tag to make the possible setup as vague as possible without being too inaccurate.

The independent part is quite new, and if I read it right, That means an SK couldn't happen, since that would mean all factions need to kill that SK in order to win, contradicting the fact that third party factions doesn't need to be eliminated. A vigilante is still possible, and I'm betting on that since it's likely that scum outnumbers town.
tastelikecoke

Postby Outnuendo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:08 pm UTC

since it's likely that scum outnumbers town.

Where did you get this?
Outnuendo

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:10 pm UTC

mod wrote:No role is guaranteed to be sane.

I see this as more of a misdirect than anything else. My bet is that all roles are sane. But I'd still advise the cops to err on the side of caution and cop themselves the first night. Never mind, just read that players can't target themselves. Can you target someone who's dead?

Mod, can a doctor target someone who's dead?
This might be stupid because I've never heard of it being done before, but if it works, it's a good way to test sanity.

matt96 wrote:Vote:Snark

OMGUS, I've never even seen or read Twilight. It's a joke.
VOTE: matt96
:D

ahammel wrote:
Mod wrote:There is no cult. Other recruiting roles may be present, however.

Not sure how to interpret that. Possible recruiters but no recruiting faction, I guess? Maybe the wolves have a one-shot recruit (makes sense from a flavour perspective).

I also, am confused about this.

webby wrote:In terms of extra factions, we have had town vs mafia vs werewolves before. With 20 players, I'd be surprised if there weren't multiple factions - there need to be enough nightkills to get the game moving.

How would this set-up work? I assumed that "werewolves" was just another name for mafia, until I realized that werewolves often turn other people into wws, which would make them likely recruiters, not killers. Mafia could have a NK and wolves could have a recruit. But would that contradict the mod saying "there is no cult" since the wws would essentially be a cult?

tastelikecoke wrote:Even in the original version of Mafia called Werewolf it never works like that. And I think werewolves are only viral in some rare cases of fiction, like Elder Scrolls (haha).

OK, forget the recruiting werewolves. So that makes wolves and mafia unlikely because that'd be two different factions with NKs and no other distinguishing characteristics. I think a more interesting game would be wolves plus masons. No idea what the numbers would be for that setup though. Probably include a vig or SK though. Makes a total of 2 kills and 1 recruit per night and 1 lynch per day. That seems like a reasonable rate of action. Any thoughts?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby tastelikecoke » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:44 pm UTC

@Outnuendo: Assume there are two factions of anti-town. Each faction will have to fight town and each other to win. This would greatly reduce weaken the chance of any anti-town to win, since the anti-town might kill each other instead. Current role specs among players suggest mafia to be a little near 1/3, and I kinda agree, having more factions usually make anti-town more abundant than it normally is. Added to that two anti-town factions is two kills instead of one, which means town's population might dwindle faster. I haven't seen a single faction mafia game with 6 goons before, or how it would work out, so I'm more inclined to two factions.
tastelikecoke

Postby Outnuendo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:08 pm UTC

@Taste

The thing is, if mafia outnumber town, then town is at a serious disadvantage.

Let's assume 11 vs 5 vs 4. Town gets lynched, 2 town NKs. 8 vs 5 vs 4. Town lynches scum, two NKs. 6 vs 5 vs 3. Town lynches scum, Two NKs. 4 vs 4 vs 3, or 4 vs 5 vs 2.

In the first scenario, if town lynches scum team of 3, they lose. If they lynch the other one, assuming two NKs, 2 vs 3 vs 3. Victory is nearly impossible. In the second scenario, if they lynch the group of two, assuming 2 NKs, scum wins. If they lynch the group of 5, then it's 4 v 4 v 2. Like the first scenario, victory is only possible if scum hit themselves twice.

So pretty much, even if town lynches town once, they cannot control their victory, as they can only win if scum shoot themselves several times.

Also, mafia is Uninformed Majority vs informed minority.
Outnuendo

Postby Misnomer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 pm UTC

Votals:

Snark (2): matt96, tastelikecoke
JesseScottOwen (1): Chickenfish
matt96 (2): greenlover, Snark
Misnomer* (1): Angua
tastelikecoke (1): t1mm01994

Not Voting (13): wam, Gord, Dooms, CaptainFinglass, Outnuendo, Zace, ahammel, Adam H, JesseScottOwen, webby, mpolo, DaBigCheez, Lataro

*I'm not actually in this game. If I am "lynched", it will have exactly the same effect as a No Lynch.
Misnomer

Next

Return to Mafia