Misnomer looked out of the carriage window at the endless expanse of trees and sighed.
“It’s not fair”, the young journalist thought to himself. “Anarchists are blowing up Cabinet ministers left, right and centre, scientists in Eastern Europe were reanimating the dead, and yet here I am stuck on a midnight train to the middle of nowhere to investigate some nonsense story about werewolves. Why, it’s absolutely ridiculous in this day and age for people to-"
His thoughts were interrupted by a screeching of brakes as the train suddenly jolted to a halt. Confused, Misnomer joined the other passengers in stepping off the train to see what the fuss was about – and then stood amazed at how fortunate they had been. Up ahead, mere inches from where the train had eventually stopped, fallen trees lay on the track, as if somebody had deliberately blocked the way. Thinking he had at last stumbled upon a decent story, Misnomer instinctively began jotting down headline ideas for his editor.
But then the howling began. Was it wolves? It didn’t sound like wolves… it was darker, more sinister.
Hearing a scream, Misnomer turned around just in time to see a dark shadow jump out of the woods and pounce upon one of his fellow passengers. Suddenly, they were everywhere. Great monstrous creatures, with razor-sharp claws and burning red eyes. This was it, they were werewolves.
Misnomer panicked, and ran for safety. But one of the creatures caught up with him, and struck at him from the side. Clutching his wound in agony, Misnomer saw the beast’s horrifying jaws opening wide for the kill.
A gunshot save him, and the beast fell to the ground. He would never find out who fired the weapon – he didn’t hang around long enough to do so. No, the journalist got up and he ran and he ran and he ran.
Three days later, he arrived at the town of Xkcdia and collapsed in the middle of the town square. The townsfolk rushed to him, but he was already slipping away. Mustering his last reserves of strength, he uttered just one word:
“Werewolves”Welcome to Werewolf! Please read this post carefully, as it contains important information about the game. If you are new to playing Mafia, please also read the pinned Newbie Guide topic in the Mafia forum.Standard Rules:
1. Do not talk about the game outside this thread.
2. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THIS THREAD.
3. Please stay on topic.
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, TELL ME. Really bad lurkers risk MODKILL
5. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis.
6. Once I say that it's nighttime, do not post in the thread
7. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
8. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
9. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.Specific Game Rules:
1. I will usually give a deadline for the day, indicating when I am likely to call night. Until I actually call night, however, you are free to keep posting.
2. If at any point a player recieves a majority of votes, then the day ends, even if I haven't posted yet. You must not post after a majority is reached.
3. This is a closed setup. Do not bother asking for setup details, I won't give them to you.
4. All votes should be made by posting on a new line, IN BOLD. For example, VOTE: Misnomer
5. You must post an Unvote before you can make a new vote. For example,UNVOTE
6. If you have questions, either post them IN BOLD in this thread, or PM me.
7. You may only communicate with other players by PM if I have specifically said you can do so.
8. No role has day-chat, so don't do it. Also, don't chat before the start of the game.
9. Players cannot target themselves.Setup Info
- This game has one town faction. The town faction wins when all anti-town factions are eliminated.
- This game has at least one anti-town faction. Anti-town factions win when town and all rival anti-town factions are defeated.
- This game may or may not have third-party factions. Third-party factions do not need to be eliminated by town or anti-town factions, and do not end the game if they win.
- This game includes a mixture of standard and non-standard roles.
- Multiple players may have the same role.
- No role is guaranteed to be sane.
- There is no cult. Other recruiting roles may be present, however.Players
10. fearless (fearNOT!)
11. ahammel (There wolf. There castle.)
14. greenlover (Crazy busy. Perfect time to sign up for another game!)
19. Matt96 (Snagging the last signup slot, I should be dead in one of the other games I'm playing soon enough, and I have plenty of free time anyways.)Dead Players:
16. tastelikecoke (define n (lambda (nyan)((pretty-print nyan)(n nyan)))) (n "nyan") - Town Minister, lynched D1
5. mostlynormal (I somehow managed to restrain myself from reading spoilers!
) - Town Innkeeper, killed N1
18. DaBigCheez (Been a while, but meh, why not?) - Dusk Druid, killed N1
7. Outnuendo (It's hunting season) - Werewolf Huntmaster, modkilled D2
2. Snark (A wolf? Where?) - Mafia Soldier, lynched D2
4. Krong (a tag-team hero in his own mind) - Werewolf Mage, died D2
9. Angua (I'm already a werewolf, so let's do this!) - Werewolf Graverobber, killed N2,
20. Lataro (Lots of new faces, this should be interesting.) - Town Anarchist, killed N2
12. Adam H - Mafia Consigliere, lynched D3
1.Tim (Squeee it's a werewolf game <3) - Town Priest, killed N3
15. webby - Town Doctor, killed N3
13. JesseScottOwen (Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.) - Mafia Capo, lynched D4
3. wam - Town Seer, killed N4
8. ForAllOfThis - Town Pirate-Ninja, killed N4
6. CaptainFinglass (Werewolves? Count me in) - role tba, lynched D5Replacement Log:
Chickenfish - replaced by Fearless, D1
Gord - replaced by Krong, D1
Dooms - replaced by mostlynormal, D1
Zace - replaced by ForAllOfThis, D1
mpolo - replaced by BoomFrog, D1Roles will be going out sometime within the next 24 hours. The Day will begin when all roles have been sent out. Feel free to chat in here in the meantime, but don't post any game-related content and DON'T communicate with each other by PM.