I did enjoy this game =). I think the crafting needs heavily refining, or removing completely though. I think having a shop system that lets players publically buy items would be much more interesting, and each class is given so many starting bottlecaps. Perhaps a setup like:
1) Each player is given a class and win condition:
2) Each player has a choice of 2/3 setups (which depends on the class they were assigned) which include a starting skill and a set of items. Example:
You are a Supermutant. You start with 5HP and are able to use all heavy weapons. Supermutants cannot use armor. Please choose one of the following setups to start the game with:
1. Beserker - Skill: Melee, Starting items: Supersledge, Psycho x2, Grenade x 2, 0x Bottlecaps. Failure to attack a target at night causes you to rage, causing 1 damage to yourself.
2. Nightkin - Skill: Unarmed, Starting items: Stealthboy x 3, Boobytrap x 2, 500 x Bottlecaps If you are successfully targeted by anyone at night (i.e. do not remain hidden) then you start becoming psychotic, causing 1 damage to yourself.
3. Grenadiers - Skill: Throwing, Starting Items: Flamer x 1, Grenade x 4, 300 x Bottlecaps, there are no drawbacks to this class.
Players can then trade items amongst each other publically (including trading for bottlecaps) and bottlecaps can be spent at the mod-controlled shop.Tbh, I can't see this system needing more work than the crafting system. Anyway just a few ideas I had, thanks for the game Boomfrog =).