Mafia Avengers - Game Over - Skrull Supremacy!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Adam H

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby Adam H » Wed May 02, 2012 6:17 pm UTC

Er... no. I would think that this is exactly like something I'd do, actually. (And it is)

And JSO, I'd say that's a damn fine show of good faith, so how bout a little quid pro quo?
-Adam

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 02, 2012 6:26 pm UTC

Okay, I'll spill something. (Because that bolded kill command was pretty sexy.)

I'm lovers with Thor. Which is odd, because he's my brother. The mod was smoking something.

-Loki
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed May 02, 2012 6:43 pm UTC

eculc has been killed, and the mod does not feel like making mid-day comics.

eculc was Ms. Marvel, town. His secondary ability was Energy absorption.

16 players, 9 to lynch.

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 02, 2012 6:53 pm UTC

Ah, a jester's life for me(:

Everybody! "Yo ho, yo ho, a jester's life for me!"
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Wed May 02, 2012 7:02 pm UTC

Adam has a day kill?

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed May 02, 2012 7:11 pm UTC

trineroks wrote:Adam has a day kill?

It would seem so.

So Jesse tried to eculc killed by saying he was mafia. eculc was town. Jesse claimed Loki, lovers with Thor.

I think we should hold off on the hammer to give Thor a chance to reveal himself IF AND ONLY IF THOR AGREES THAT THE LOVER CLAIM IS TRUE!

I'm pretty sure a 1/1 trade of Loki/Thor is in the interest of town, but Thor may have something else to add.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed May 02, 2012 7:17 pm UTC

Also, FoS: Adam H for killing the wrong person out of the two.

But it did help clear things up so the use of the kill was a good move. Just should've used it on JSO.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 02, 2012 7:23 pm UTC

trineroks wrote:Adam has a day kill?

Scummiest post ever. I should know.

Everyone's scum.

Hey, Thor. I love youuu... Also, you should try to keep us alive. (It's really not fair to make a jester be a lover with someone whose win condition is a NK. {Not true, but a fun idea.})

Ooh, Wikipedia rocks. Loki has a female form? No wonder Thor wants me so bad.

Eculc could absorb energy? Wowzers.

Blackpool. Sup?

Avenge me, Avengers!

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm UTC

Well then... That kill seems a bit rash in hindsight. Ugh.

I'll let wiser players than me decide what to believe about JSO. I'd lean towards jester but I just proved that my scumdar isn't worth much. :oops:
-Adam

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 02, 2012 7:59 pm UTC

Unvote

Now THAT'S a show of good faith.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 pm UTC

Votals
Day 2 Votals
T1mm - 1 - Roband
JSO - 5 - Wam, Snark, flarp, t1mm

flarpfreak
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Postby flarpfreak » Wed May 02, 2012 10:48 pm UTC

Seriously JSO

Either he's scum or a jester, but I'm not willing at this point to risk lynching a jester.

Unvote
Wait, what?

flarpfreak
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Postby flarpfreak » Wed May 02, 2012 11:03 pm UTC

I want to hear the opinion of the lurkers here too
Wait, what?

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 pm UTC

Well that was interesting. Adam, was your kill one shot, or do I have to worry about you for the rest of the game now?

I'm on the fence about JSO in regards to scum or Jester, but I'm not up for risking lynching a Jester right now. That being said, I'm definitely wary about his claim to be lovers with Thor now. If he was trying to be lynched, why would he point out that someone else would die with him? In my mind, that would make town less likely to lynch, especially if they already thought he was a Jester.

Also, FoS towards Adam for deciding that the best way to get information was just to kill off eculc. Bigger FoS at trineroks for a post that only asks "Adam has a Day kill?" when it was pretty freaking obvious he did. Feels like he's trying to win himself some townie points without posting any actual content.

So, that leaves me with the choice of which one of those three to vote for. Adam seems like he would be an indie of some sort, or just not concerned because he thinks he has scum buddies somewhere that will back him up. This works particularly well if JSO is scum buddies with him, because by killing eculc, he takes some of the pressure of JSO and makes him look more like a Jester than scum. JSO is feeling slightly indie, but I'm not ruling out the idea he's scum buddies with Adam and just trying to give town a reason not to lynch him. Trineroks feels vaguely scummy, but not really enough to vote for at this point.

So, until I have a better explanation of what happened or something changes,
Vote: Adam H
Allons-y!

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm UTC

CaptainFinglass wrote:Well that was interesting. Adam, was your kill one shot, or do I have to worry about you for the rest of the game now?
Vote: Adam H
Oh you best be worried. :twisted:

No I'm just kidding. In all seriousness, I don't think it's a good idea for me to say how limited my ability is. Really the only explanation I have is that I thought it was very likely that eculc was scum. If eculc was scum then we could lynch roband today.
-Adam

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Thu May 03, 2012 1:59 am UTC

Adam H wrote:No I'm just kidding. In all seriousness, I don't think it's a good idea for me to say how limited my ability is. Really the only explanation I have is that I thought it was very likely that eculc was scum. If eculc was scum then we could lynch roband today.

Hang on a second: where are you seeing this link between eculc and roband?
Allons-y!

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Thu May 03, 2012 2:15 am UTC

I don't want to reveal to much, but I can cop JSO tonight, if we let him live.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu May 03, 2012 2:28 am UTC

CaptainFinglass wrote:
Adam H wrote:No I'm just kidding. In all seriousness, I don't think it's a good idea for me to say how limited my ability is. Really the only explanation I have is that I thought it was very likely that eculc was scum. If eculc was scum then we could lynch roband today.

Hang on a second: where are you seeing this link between eculc and roband?
The link is definitely gone now, but if JSO was telling the truth it seemed to hint that roband was scum as well.
roband wrote:
JesseScottOwen wrote:
roband wrote:Scum traitor? I doubt it. Such a game-breaking role, if you know everyone.

You certainly would not have a town-aligned role. Indie if anything. This is a difficult call.

To my knowledge, you're the only scum who didn't admit to having the option of becoming a traitor.

Wait, so now YOU'RE saying I'm scum as well? And you've spoken to me in night chat?

Ahhh dear, how boring. FAOT made it easy for me to vote him, by claiming I was scum.
Well done on doing the same thing.

Unless you're a jester, in which case you just very nearly played me perfectly...
-Adam

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu May 03, 2012 2:37 am UTC

Servant-of_Christ wrote:I don't want to reveal to much, but I can cop JSO tonight, if we let him live.

If you're gonna reveal that you're a cop, you might as well tell us your target and results from N1.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Thu May 03, 2012 3:13 am UTC

If servant outted as a cop role then he probably has his reasons. But nevertheless you should out your reports just in case.

I'm wondering if I should out or not...

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:42 am UTC

Y-You mean that JSO is not confirmed scum? I'm confused now.
Unvote
One thing that's certain is that he's not a traitor to town as strange stuff is involved in that.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 am UTC

I'm not sure what to make of JSO. He is pretty clearly not pro-town. His claim of scum traitor is pretty much undermined. Which means that he is either scum or independent. He is making loud noises about being jester-y, and has claimed being lovers with Thor. Both of those facts speak against him being a jester, since both actions would tend to incline us to let him live out the day.

And he's claimed Loki, which may mean that he has some sort of major power — and if there's a cosmic cube and we're in the movie universe, Loki would be the one to have it, at least based on the after-credits sequence in Thor. As a result, I actually feel pretty comfortable with lynching him, though I don't want to rush the day, either.
Image <-- Evil experiment

wam

Postby wam » Thu May 03, 2012 9:29 am UTC

I am now just confused.

To be fair the possibility of a jester hadn't really occured to me as I don't think I have played with one before.

What I am worried about, given the powers available is that he could be a jesterbomb. Would someone more experienced like to comment on how powerful/bad for town a jesterbomb would be?

So for the moment

Unvote

I am prepared to go back on this and vote JSO if someone can clarify the above.

Also I had a look back throught the first few days and the first day kill was not preceeded by a public kill order.

This suggests we have 2 day kills in play. Although as the one from day one hasn't been repeated, so far today, maybe it was one shot only.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

wam

Postby wam » Thu May 03, 2012 9:36 am UTC

EBWOP

I should have also said, as we haven't had a counter claim from Thor yet, the lovers thing is also a possibility?

roband

Postby roband » Thu May 03, 2012 9:41 am UTC

wam wrote:EBWOP

I should have also said, as we haven't had a counter claim from Thor yet, the lovers thing is also a possibility?

You want Thor to out himself to say "no, I'm not a lover" ?

That's not how this works - we wait until everyone has posted, so we can assume the claim is not true, as Thor has not spoken out. That way, Thor is not outed AND we know that he's lying.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu May 03, 2012 9:45 am UTC

Jesterbombs usually kill the last person that voted for them, but occasionally the first one who voted for them, and in only one case I know of, both (That was Super Crazy Mega Mayhem, where I was the "jesterbomb cult" -- if lynched, I could recruit my replacement, and my bomb killed the first and last person to vote for me…)

Around here, lynching a jester doesn't usually end the game, but in a smaller game, it might.

wam

Postby wam » Thu May 03, 2012 10:02 am UTC

Ok that makes more sense to me thanks mpolo.

Roband that makes sense, although I have lost track of who has posted since JSO claimed that.

Also I seem to remeber someone saying previously (i believe in werewolf) that lovers were often 1 scum 1 town.

On a side note, I am not going to be online, friday afternoon (BST) to monday.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:10 am UTC

wam wrote:Also I seem to remeber someone saying previously (i believe in werewolf) that lovers were often 1 scum 1 town.

That was t1mm in werewolf, but I believe he was just randomly making that up, as every example of lovers I have seen is either 2 town, or 2 anti-town.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:31 am UTC

As werewolf is still active, I will not discuss that topic, even though I'm dead. The quote traces back to me, that much is sure though.
What I can say on the other stuff: Lynching Adam makes no sense atm. Either you believe JSO in his loverclaim, lynching adam means lynching JSO, so lynching JSO would yield the same result. If you don't believe his claim, you should kill JSO as liars should die unless they're jesters. either way, lynching JSO > lynching Adam.

roband

Postby roband » Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 pm UTC

Fact is, I know JSO is lying - I'd happily see him lynched.

I also don't mind being the hammerer today either - my power won't apply, but I'm prepared to take the risk on a jesterbomb not being in the game.

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu May 03, 2012 1:09 pm UTC

roband wrote:Fact is, I know JSO is lying - I'd happily see him lynched.

I also don't mind being the hammerer today either - my power won't apply, but I'm prepared to take the risk on a jesterbomb not being in the game.

I second this statement. If y'all are really so scared of a jesterbomb to not want to kill someone who claimed scum, I'll gladly hammer. Or I'll take the spot right before hammer so the double voter will make the hammerer either me or roband, depending on whether or not they're voting.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 pm UTC

Votals
T1mm - 1 - Roband
JSO - 1 - Snark
Adam H - 1 - CaptainFinglass

16 players alive, 9 to lynch

4 days until deadline.

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Thu May 03, 2012 1:24 pm UTC

I can clear things up. I'm not a lover with Thor. Welcome.

roband

Postby roband » Thu May 03, 2012 1:41 pm UTC

Lieslieswinewinelieslies. Trying to look like a jester, let's lynch him.

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Thu May 03, 2012 1:47 pm UTC

No seriously. Do you really think they'd make a jester have a lover? Sucks for the lover.

greenlover

Postby greenlover » Thu May 03, 2012 2:17 pm UTC

I'm...really not buying it. If JSO was really a jester, then he could have smoothly flowed to his win by simply going quiet after elulc was killed. The fact he's being so forceful about being a jester makes me think that he really isn't. I'm betting he's scum who thinks he can get out of the lynch by claiming jester.

Vote: JSO

Because I might as well put my vote were my mouth is.

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Thu May 03, 2012 2:31 pm UTC

Finally, someone who isn't an idiot.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm UTC

O.K. Let's clear the wine.

Vote: JesseScottOwen

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 pm UTC

Yeah, I'm thinking JSO is just being Loki in character (master of lies and all that). This is also super out of character, to judge from the other games I've played with him. I'm going to call crazy gambit.

He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

wam

Postby wam » Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm UTC

So now that the implications of a jesterbomb have been clarified. I will revote.

To be honest I think hes going to come back scum not jester but we will find out shortly. Will be interesting to see what his secondary power is listed as.

Return to “Mafia”