Mafia Avengers - Game Over - Skrull Supremacy!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Servant-of_Christ

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 4 - Not as good as the movie.

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 14, 2012 10:51 pm UTC

what do you mean? i see no message saying that he died. is my browser flipping out or what?

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon May 14, 2012 10:52 pm UTC

Balls.

Other recourse? Did Adam get a fresh kill for today?

@wam
I'm thinking. I'm thinking. Give me time.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 14, 2012 10:53 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:
Spoiler:

ahammel is dead! He was Deadpool, and was filling in for Spiderman (deadpool was the secondary ability). He was a member of The Dark Avengers, a cult.

13 players alive, 7 to lynch.

SOC This post by the mod.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 14, 2012 11:05 pm UTC

wow, somehow I missed it. and sorry for making it seem like i killed him (whoops).

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Tue May 15, 2012 12:45 am UTC

So ahammel was cult. One thought, he was really clear on stating there were absolutely no more zombies. Any idea where he'd get this idea and if it's true? Seeing as he's cult, I'm sure I'm inclined to believe anything else he's said.
Allons-y!

greenlover

Postby greenlover » Tue May 15, 2012 1:10 am UTC

CaptainFinglass wrote:So ahammel was cult. One thought, he was really clear on stating there were absolutely no more zombies. Any idea where he'd get this idea and if it's true? Seeing as he's cult, I'm sure I'm inclined to believe anything else he's said.

I'm...gonna guess that's a lie on his part. Zombifying sounds an awful lot like a pretty nifty culting mechanism, and the "Dark Avengers" (unless a more favor attuned person wants to correct me on this) sounds like a cult that could recruit through zombifying folks.

However, I suspect that he was likely the cult recruiter? At least, given that he was arguing against the existence of the zombie cult on day one, before the cult could have found any more members beyond the then deceased Lataro, it certainly seems that way.

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Tue May 15, 2012 2:29 am UTC

so, do we think that all the cults are gone now? or do we are there still lingering people from zombie/ another cult?

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Tue May 15, 2012 2:51 am UTC

There were two cults; the Ultron cult and the Dark Avengers Cult (referencing a previous post by Angua, I'm assuming both cults are different). Ultron cult is good as dead since the leader died D1, so we have Dark Avengers left (I doubt the existence of a 3rd cult). Dark Avengers is (if wam is telling the truth) at 2 members, now 1, because ahammel was hammered. So I'm still thinking there is a surviving member from Dark Avengers left.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 15, 2012 5:36 am UTC

I'm pretty certain that the Ultron cult has no members at present. It's good to know that the Dark Avengers exist, as we can fight them much more effectively this way. This means that role-claims are not guaranteed "town" results, as it would seem that at least one Dark Avenger didn't start that way.
Image <-- Evil experiment

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 8:25 am UTC

Unvote

As my reasons for voting SOC were down to a mistake by them rather than anything more serious.

CaptainFinglass I think that ahammels saying all the zombies were gone, along with the death of DBC was meant to stop us worrying about cults, and it suceeded up till now.

However this post stood out to me.

trineroks wrote:There were two cults; the Ultron cult and the Dark Avengers Cult (referencing a previous post by Angua, I'm assuming both cults are different). Ultron cult is good as dead since the leader died D1, so we have Dark Avengers left (I doubt the existence of a 3rd cult). Dark Avengers is (if wam is telling the truth) at 2 members, now 1, because ahammel was hammered. So I'm still thinking there is a surviving member from Dark Avengers left.

At what point did I ever say the number of members in the cult?

Now Initially I thought you may be right on the numbers.

N1 ahammel recrutied lataro, who was then NK
N2 nothing happened (happy now adam?)
N3 ahammel recruited X who is still around.

However, Tim was adamant about the danger of this cult. I don't think he would have been so worried if there were only two members of it. The other thing is from the way tim has been posting it suggests that at some point he was recruited into the cult. The problem with this is when, as by N3 he was being turned town by roband.

My thoughts are that we had a day recruting cult and a night recruting cult. This is also backed up by the large number of actions that are normally carried out at night that have been happening during the day in this game. This would lead to the following situation (Also based on the flavour given in lataro's death I think that it may take time).

D1 ahammel recruited lataro who was then NK
D2 ahammel recruited tim
D3 ahammel recruited Y
D4 ahammel recruited X

Which would then leave us with two remaining. The other big question is does the recruit pass on down? In the flavour it says he was a "member" rather than a recruiter. I think that the recruit passes down which would explain why tim was so worried.

Tim if you would like to comment to the best of your ability on the above it would be very helpful.

The other thing that I would like someone with modding experience to comment on is what sort of recourse can we expect by the mod?

But for the mean time, I think trineoks was trying to down play the numbers in the cult and blame me for the accounting if they were proved wrong.

therefore

vote trineoks

As I reckon they are another member of the cult.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Tue May 15, 2012 8:40 am UTC

I'm surprised that ahammel turned out to be cult, to be honest, as that was a pretty risky move. However, from the wikipedia article on the dark avengers, they don't seem to be zombies - they seem to be alternate universe evil avengers (or possibly alien skrulls? I haven't read it in depth). If we believe that ahammel was the one who did the zombiefication, they probably aren't the head of the dark avengers (especially as pulling that move with the cult leader would be crazy). What probably happened was that ahammel did originally have a tracking ability, and used it on wam, and thought it was a good way to show that they're still town (as sort of happened to me in pokemon). Also, wam, I'd wait for trineroks to give an explanation instead of saying they were lying, given that they seemed to reference my post from earlier in the day, so they might have been referencing your post for something else, rather than trying to lay the blame on you.
wam wrote:The other thing that I would like someone with modding experience to comment on is what sort of recourse can we expect by the mod?
What do you mean by this (recourse from what?).

vote: wam
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 8:53 am UTC

Angua

This quote by the mod.

Vieto wrote:Hey, sorry about that. I made a clerical error and accidently confused SoC's bolded 'vote' with Adam's post. I can't revive ahammel, so I've done some other recourse elsewhere. I hope this does not influence things too much.

True I could have waited for trineoks to reply but I find I get much better answers if I put a vote with my questions.

By the way if trineoks comes up cult, your next in line.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue May 15, 2012 9:01 am UTC

Ah - missed that line! Thanks.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

roband

Postby roband » Tue May 15, 2012 10:46 am UTC

I go away for a few hours and you all get active (and the mod has a meltdown ;) )

So mod, you mean to say that you took the kill as if it was AdamH who performed it?

So that means that Adam's kill is used - which is a shame. Because mpolo hit the nail on the head when he said that trineroks was working too hard to try and convince us on the numbers of the cult. I was thinking exactly the same thing as I read through.

That said, wam is still obvi-scum. We cannot risk leaving him alive, because if he is the last scum, lynching him will eliminate a night kill.

If anyone out there has a daykill, I would suggest using it on wam - then we can lynch trineroks (IMO anyway).
The fact that mpolo picked up on it as well means that he is definitely lynch-worthy.

roband

Postby roband » Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 am UTC

Not that Adam's kill was wasted, I suppose, but it would have been good to get everyone's opinion first.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 am UTC

Roband - I was pretty sure that was wam, not mpolo.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue May 15, 2012 10:53 am UTC

Angua wrote:Roband - I was pretty sure that was wam, not mpolo.

ebwop - am pretty sure, and am referring to the analysis on trineroks.
GNU Terry Pratchett

roband

Postby roband » Tue May 15, 2012 10:58 am UTC

Ah, looking back, you're right.

Regardless, just because wam is scum doesn't mean he isn't right. I'd like to see the both of them dead, to be honest.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 am UTC

Vote: trineroks

because first things first, still.

roband

Postby roband » Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 am UTC

Tim, I know you can't say stuff, or won't or whatever.

But wam could be the last scum. We have to take the chance and eliminate that NK if we can.

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 am UTC

Roband

Why are you so convinced I am a) scum b) the last scum

I think there are at least 2 if not 3 scum remaining.
list of roles remaining

Spoiler:
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Giant Man (Henry Pym)
Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
Thor
Vision
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
Ronin (Clint Barton)
Wolverine (James Howlett)
Nick Fury
Red Skull (Johann Shmidt)
Norman Osborn
Dr. Victor von Doom (here but town now)
Skrull Captain
Skrull Soldier

Which suggest there are at least 4 anti town characters left, red skull, norman osborn, and both skrulls.

On a side note, there are 22 roles and 20 players, I thought we had matching numbers when we started. Also how long has the skrull soldier been in there?

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: Better than the movie

Postby Angua » Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am UTC

wam wrote:Right So in the spoilered list is all the roles and whether I think they are mafia or not. There are a few I am not familiar with so I have left those blank.

Spoiler:
Iron Man (Tony Stark) town
Giant Man (Henry Pym) ?
Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) town
The Hulk (Bruce Banner) town
Thor town
Black Panther (T'Challa) town
Vision town
Captain America (Steve Rogers) town
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ?
Ronin (Clint Barton) Town
Wolverine (James Howlett) Town
Deadpool (Wade Wilson, Ryan Reynolds, Nolan North) Town
Nick Fury town
Red Skull (Johann Shmidt) mafia
Loki mafia
Norman Osborn ?
Dr. Victor von Doom Mafia
MODOK (George Tarleton) Mafia
Ultron Mafia
Skrull Captain Mafia

That makes 13/7 town to scum based on my best guesses. Would someone whos more experienced like to comment on how this looks balance wise?

I would assume that in a game this size we may have a few independants. The other thing I noticed in the opening flavour was the mention of recruits. Do people think we have a recruiting cult or masons? Or both of course!

The skrull captain must have always been there - the soldier is new though.

Btw - wasn't quoting you to be snarky - it was just the first one with the role-list quoted on d1.
GNU Terry Pratchett

roband

Postby roband » Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am UTC

It is obvious to me that you're scum. I have explained why.

And you might be the last one. You might. So it's worth it, for me.

Believe me, I think you're right about trineroks - but potentially eliminating a NK beats lynching a cult member.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue May 15, 2012 11:26 am UTC

There's no way that ahammel would trade his life to get a townie lynched. A 1/1 trade is only good when you're in the lead, numbers-wise. So he must have been quite sure that wam was scum. Then when wam was lynched, he would look great. So I'm assuming he was telling the truth about his tracking ability. So my vote stays on wam.

@wam
Thanks for the tip!!!!!! Skrull captain and soldier definitely weren't there at the beginning of the game. Which means that Skrull has a recruit. Which means that a scummy is acting as a cult. Which makes them (aka you) pretty dangerous.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

roband

Postby roband » Tue May 15, 2012 11:28 am UTC

Skrull Captain was there shortly after game start. It was not there immediately, but it was there pretty soon after game start.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue May 15, 2012 11:29 am UTC

And the soldier?

roband

Postby roband » Tue May 15, 2012 11:30 am UTC

Sorry, I thought the omission made it clear.

The soldier was not there, however.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue May 15, 2012 11:32 am UTC

My point stands.

roband

Postby roband » Tue May 15, 2012 11:35 am UTC

I wasn't saying it didn't :P Crikey, everyone's a bit paranoid at the moment aren't they?

As I've said, if anyone has any way for us to lynch/kill two people today, please speak up.

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 11:49 am UTC

ok so I still reckon we should be more worried about the cult than scum, so I mapped it out.

currently 13 players

Worst case (scum/cult/town) all blocking fails cult kill is transferable and perfect lynches.

3/2/8
lynch scum
nk townie
DK scum
D5 1/3/6
lynch scum
Dk cult
D6 3/5 (town at Lylo

3/2/8
lynch cult
nk townie
DK cult
3/1/6
lynch cult
nk townie
dk scum
2/5

Best case
1/2/11 (seems really high we must have some independants floating around somewhere).
lynch scum
dk cult
2/10
lynch cult
dk cult
town wins

As I believe you should always plan for the worst. If we don't lynch cult tonight town is probably at or close to mylo. Therefore killing the cult is more important.

The other think we also really need to be careful of is Adam H. As if he gets recruited into the cult and they gain a day kill we are screwed.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 15, 2012 12:18 pm UTC

So, at this point we seem to have (have had):

A mafia (Loki, Dr. Doom, …)
A faction of Skrulls, which seems to be appearing as extra roles, presumably because people are being converted and can't be having their cover blown. Based on the role list, there are two people here. Presumably there is something that slows the rate of infection by these, because we would otherwise have like 4 of them.
An Ultron Cult, which seems to be dead.
A Zombie mechanism, which according to ahammel was a one-shot thing (if Lataro had survived, it would likely have been another recruiting group)
A Dark Avengers cult -- I am guessing that they recruited ahammel on N1,2,3, so that ahammel was not their recruiter. If they recruit only on odd-numbered nights, we would have 2 members left, if on even-numbered, 1 member, if every night, then 3 members.

Recruiting masons - shut down by the death of Lataro.

So, at the beginning of the game, we would have had a mafia faction, and 4 anti-town recruiters and 1 pro-town recruiter.

This game is crazy!

I would agree that the cults take priority over mafia at present. And hopefully, the mafia sees that removing cultists would be to their advantage.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Tue May 15, 2012 2:12 pm UTC

I was in no way trying to frame wam. "If wam is telling the truth" = a post I read earlier where wam claimed some faction tried to recruit him but failed. But looking back, that's probably the only way that would make sense, because ahammel wouldn't bus a member of his cult (herp derp).

And that vote from wam? Too fast too furious for my taste.

-vote wam

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 pm UTC

roband wrote:So mod, you mean to say that you took the kill as if it was AdamH who performed it?

Vieto asked after the fact if I would be OK having that as my kill, and I said yes. So that was my kill.

Wam doesn't scare me in the least. He's least likely of any of us (cept me :) ) to be cult, and we can be reasonably sure that he's cult immune (cult would be stupid to try to recruit him, anyways). For today I think that saves him.

But he IS obvi-scum:
wam wrote:N1 ahammel recrutied lataro, who was then NK
So there goes his claim of being recruited N3...

Here's what I bet happened. Deadpool started off as town, with an unfortunate zombie spreading thing. He was culted by the dark avengers N1, and THAT'S why he was cured of his zombie-spreading (usually you lose your powers when your culted, though I suppose the dark avengers didn't lose all of them). N2 they couldn't recruit (still at two members). Night 3 they recruited wam, and failed. That leaves the original Dark Avenger to be killed. Depending on how well wam backpedals, there might be the N3 one as well.

Or Deadpool was the original Dark Avenger, whch makes some flavor sense, but 1) he's kind of a lone wolf (I thought), and 2) he replaced spiderman (not sure what that even means, though)

As for trine, I'm torn. He's 100% right on the numbers of the cult. But I'm not sure if he's right because he's observant, or because he's cult.
-Adam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 15, 2012 2:49 pm UTC

If I understood the "replaced Spiderman" correctly, he got a Role PM for Spiderman with one of his options being something on the lines of "You're not really Spiderman, but Deadpool filling in for him." That does mean that his primary power would have had to have been one that would "work" for Spiderman.

I believe the list at the beginning had Spiderman, who was then replaced by Deadpool at a later time.

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 2:53 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:
But he IS obvi-scum:
wam wrote:N1 ahammel recrutied lataro, who was then NK
So there goes his claim of being recruited N3...

X was probably me but as mpolo said theres the skrulls recruting and it could all be a coincidence.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue May 15, 2012 2:56 pm UTC

I'm gonna role-claim for Adam: Hulk or Wolverine (based on day-kill), leaning Hulk.
Recruited by wam (Skrull) into Skrull Captain/Soldier N1 or N3, guessing N1.

Reason: Shifting focus to ahammel early D4 and now defending wam.

We've got a mafia/cult 2 for 1 kill if we take out wam.

Only thing I'm concerned about is where Adam is going to stick that day-kill of his.

I propose a deal. Adam day-kills wam or we lynch Adam.

Unvote
Vote: Adam H

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue May 15, 2012 2:58 pm UTC

Balls. Adam's day-kill is gone. I'm an idiot. He can wait til tomorrow since he's probably not the recruiter. wam is.

Unvote
Vote: wam

And we can use Adam as a secondary lynch for town by telling him who to day-kill on future days. If he disagrees, we lynch him. Or we lynch him tomorrow anyways.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:25 pm UTC

How for a portion of "don't ignore all the talk about not lynching scum"? I think you're involved in the cult, and trine too. The same one.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue May 15, 2012 5:05 pm UTC

roband wrote:So mod, you mean to say that you took the kill as if it was AdamH who performed it?

Correct.

I should point out that there are 3 Skrull, not 2.

Votals:
Wam - 6 - Matt, snark, flarp, Soc, Angua, Trine
trineroks - 2 - Wam, T1mm
13 players, 7 to lynch.

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 5:18 pm UTC

Nobody hammer me

Give me 30 min and I will explain all.

Return to “Mafia”