Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Menacing Spike

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed May 09, 2012 6:55 pm UTC

ahammel wrote:The other night I dreamed that I solved my friend Catherine's behaviour problems using shell scripting.

Wish I could remember the script.

I assume it started with "~$cat <<" ?

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:50 pm UTC

"The majority of the times this happens, I turn out to be dreaming. Can you say something only you would say so I know this is real?"
"[Name], you're being weird again."
"That's not something only you would say."

As it turned out, I was dreaming.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sun May 13, 2012 6:59 am UTC

I usually have weird, abstract, or very cruel dreams.

This one was surprisingly normal.

Post apocalyptic world (bland of Mad Max, Fallout, and Wasteland). People fight for scraps of food, roving bands of thugs gut each other. I seem to lead a clan, but it's actually my friend Catherine leading us in the shadows.
Bit of history there: my friend Catherine is extremely large and powerful, and used to be crazy aggressive (to the point my parents considered putting him down). I used to roleplay as him on a RP forum, as some sort of masterless deadly ninja, only motivated by food, communicating via emotes and meows with the other players. Another forum member photo-shopped an image of him being held all floppy into him mid-leap, which I used as an avatar and was pretty funny. This probably influenced the dream.
A rival gang came to fight us, so we made a big show of being ready to fight them, as the cat sneaked behind them as they approached. Then it pounced and butchered them, slicing arteries and tendons as it jumped and dashed everywhere. The rival gang was utterly destroyed.

Then I must have done something wrong and the cat left a huge gash in my hand as punishment. I woke up expecting a scar there.

roband

Postby roband » Sun May 13, 2012 10:42 am UTC

It was a siege in a castle, with the GoT characters and me.
The Queen of England arrived on a Titanic-esque boat and I did something to piss her off (this might be from a different dream, but it could have been the fact that I connected my phone to the wi-fi in the cinema and somehow managed to use the big screen to view my emails) and we (the Starks and I) got trapped in a room, being attacked by the Lannisters - sending their men in through the glass window.
I was hidden behind the curtain by the window with a screwdriver - intending to stab someone as they came through the window (single file), but I was nervous and they kept walking past without seeing me, before Arya stabbed them.

I don't remember if we escaped.

So basically, I've been watching too much GoT (and reading, but only the first book, no spoilers please!) and I feel guilty about using my phone in the cinema. My dreams are making me realise that I'm a coward - oh and I'm English, so apparently I MUST dream about the Queen... :D

Also Arya must turn into a badass, if I'm dreaming about it, right? Right?

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon May 14, 2012 12:58 pm UTC

I was at my parents' old house. I was in the hallwayoutside my bedroom, and this Indian guy appeared. He said he was going to kill me, taunted me about killing my grandfather, but let slip that my grandfather had killed some of his guys. I then killed him. I realized I needed to run. I went into my room to gather things to take with me. A chinese guy came in, and I killed him too. I started to panic a bit and ran around my room, throwing open drawers looking for things I needed to take with me - cash and clothing. My family came into the room. Just then I noticed some cargo trucks backing up outside the house, and realized more people were coming to kill us all. I told my family to come with me and we'd run away outside. My dad yelled something about the safe, and went back.

Very unpleasant waking up after that. I was panicked and keyed up and upset and feeling crappy. Then a weird follow up dream.

I was a child, and with my grandfather. We were leaving a building. It was winter, and snow was on the ground. He wore a greatcoat. We turned to look at some shurbs outside the building, and he said someone was following us - Nazis. We started up this hill, in the snow. For some reason I had to carry his gun. It was an enormous rifle. It looked a bit like a BAR, but with a longer, silver barrel. I fell behind, and dropped the rifle. Local children were around us and had their own guns, and started taunting us. Eventually one got too near and dropped our rifle and my grandfather was able to pick it up.

Edit: One other thing. late in the dream it started to fade out, and it was like I was looking at a page in a book, and reading about what was happening in the dream. Then the book started changing. It looked like an editor was making changes, correcting spelling, crossing out words, etc.

That's all I remember.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed May 16, 2012 1:00 pm UTC

I was in the area where I grew up, driving around on some really bad roads. For some reason was going to adopt or had found a baby, then two babies. Looked at their paperwork. One was named Methuselah, the other Gammon. I thought "I'll nickname them Math and Gamma!"

Another dream - Was in some big building, and there was a terrorist guy around. Or not so much a terrorist, as a young guy with guns and bombs. For some reason the setting reminded me of the TV show ER. I also pissed the guy off somehow. Flashed to being outside. We were in NYC, and people were evacuating because of the bomber. I told everyone that the evacuation was going to cost more than any damage that could happen from the bomb, but no one listened to me. Then my family was there. We were evacuating or something, and my dad was driving us to a parking garage/area that was on top of the Empire State Building. My dad was getting really pissed off at all the other drivers being incompetent when it came to parking. We also saw some meter maids ticketing a bunch of people, and I got pissed because they were doing that during a terrorist attack.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 pm UTC

Third night in a row.

Was late for work, and getting a little worried because I couldn't find my pants. ended up running outside to my car nude from the waist down, carrying boxers and pants. I got outside, and it was a sunny morning, and a parade was going by(despite me living on a dead end). I ran back inside because I didn't want anyone to see me naked.

I went back upstairs, and kept looking for my pants, and my phone, car keys, etc. Then I heard something downstairs. I went to the living room, and there were 10 people there. I still wasn't fully dressed. They said something about being from my home town, and were in my house because they came for the parade, and to say hi.

Ok, instead of quad posting - Thursday night - all I remember is playing Magic TG on my kitchen table, against my mother and brother. I had someone on my team, no idea who. We were evenly matched, but I was really pissed off about something. No idea what though.

A week later:

Had some sort of Hangover-esque adventure. Was being led into a police station. Saw my friends leaning through the bars of a cell, but it wasn't a cell, more a cell door in the entrance area. Someone mentioned losing the goat, and I looked over and there was a policewoman sitting on the floor playing with a goat. Was led to the back area and hung out for a bit. It wasn't a cell, more like a crappy apartment - small cot-like bed with gray blanket, bookshelf, etc. that had my possessions. Then someone said a group of bad guys were coming, and everyone should get the hell out. I already had most of my stuff in my suitcase, but looked through my bookshelf to find the last few books I needed to take with me.

Scene change. I was outside my old house. Many of the trees were deformed. They had tons of trunks, like 8+ each. And they were all leaning away from something which ended up being towards the house). Many of them were also stripped of bark and bare - bone white. The wind was partly pushing them that way, but it was like they were trying to escape something.

I was in the house, and saw my parents' one dog going to lift his leg towards something. I yelled at him, grabbed his raised leg, and steered him out the front door. I turned around, and another dog was peeing all over the carpet nearby. This one was more like a sheep. I knew it was a dog, but it had fur like a sheep, but the fur was a golden/bronze color. I yelled at it too, and started dragging it to the kitchen.

Does no one else have weird dreams any more?

6/5/12

Had one dream where I was living in a building in college. Not exactly a dorm. More like I had a semi-walled off area in on of the buildings with classrooms. It had a bed, and my stuff, but I could easily see people walking around outside my 'room'. A girl came in and was hitting on me. We started with sexy-times, and I was woried because I was cheating on the girl I am dating(said girl being in my real bed at the time). Then there was something about having to walk home. It was sunny out, but there was lots of snow on the ground that was slushy and melting. Also, there was something in the dream about being nervous about pooping in public. There was also more anxiety from thinking I had been skipping a class, and was going to fail the upcoming final.

Second dream: was watching/participating in a reality show kind of. It was talking about a junkyard closing, and scavengers going through and picking up everything. The last set of scavengers were picking up animals(and possibly chemicals?) - mainly snakes and such. Saw one set of people capturing a small(3-4 foot) alligator. They got it's snout into this clear plastic vuvuzela like tube. Then they got it out and put it away some where. I then realized there must be more gators. I looked over into the area that used to be the junkyard, and it's more like a nature show - a pond with about 4 enormous gators in and around it. I was very worried because we'd have to capture them too.

New User

Postby New User » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:37 pm UTC

I had to help Worf and Batman defeat the Penguin and Ra's Al-Ghul.

yawningdog

Postby yawningdog » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm UTC

I had this dream last weekend. It freaked me out just because it was so lifelike and vivid.

It's twenty or so years ago and I'm in the Navy again. I'm standing quarterdeck watch on the U.S.S. Biddle (CG-34) and we are moored outboard of some other boat. I notice that my pistol has no rear sight on it and become alarmed, thinking "How can I hit anything without any rear sight?" I decide to see if the pistol still works so I take aim at a shipmate's head. (It's a guy I actually knew, his name was GMM2 Shumway.) I fire the pistol killing him instantly and he falls over the side between the Biddle and the other ship we are tied to. I freak out. I grab the nearest authority figure (who turns out to be a chief I worked with at SEAL team 18) and tell her I just shot GM2 Shumway. She starts to cry and calls for the chief master-at-arms (Who turned out to be another guy I knew named BMC Paul Jandreau. Weird co-inky-dink, he was actually murdered in real life a few years ago.)

Oddly enough, I'm the only one freaked out. Everyone else just seems kind of annoyed, what with all the ensuing paperwork. And everyone seems to be in agreement that I'm an idiot. A courts-martial is held, but I'm not allowed to attend. I ask someone afterward what my sentence is and he tells me ten years is the default and that's what I got. Then my wife appears in the dream and she's really mad and we both know we're about to get divorced. I'm about to go to prison to start serving my sentence when I wake up.

It was my worst dream ever. It felt SO real.
"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
- Bruce Lee

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 am UTC

Last night, I dreamed I was driving down the road, heading to Florida, singing along to Pink Floyd's "Time". Particularly, I was dreaming that I was intentionally accelerating at a certain moment in the song, when the female background vocals sing the "Aaaaahhhh-AAAHHHHH", going faster as they got higher. Had to slow down right when I was coming up on a sharp turn, where the road was closed off and "detoured" around a very sharp turn.

When I woke up, my brain was trying to play two songs at once, since my alarm had come on. My trolling brain was still playing "Time", but the radio was playing the Eagles' "Hotel California". Not a good combination.

On the upshot, it got me up faster, in order to make sense of what the fuck my ears were supposed to hear.
PRG

An important message for you:

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 am UTC

Worst nightmare of my life. It's 3 am for me, and I have to write it down to get it out. Oh jeez.

EDIT: I wrote out the details, but in seeing them written it's unsuitable even with a trigger warning. It's sitting in a file on my computer now. I had to write it out.

I dreamt hell. I say this in the most sincere way possible - HELL.

People I loved, people I know, people I've never met were everywhere. The abominations - the burned-skin, nothing-eyed Slendermen demons - gathered us all up and just tortured everything. There was fire everywhere, blood, mutilation, rape. We weren't allowed to die, no matter what happened to our bodies. And the screaming didn't stop, screams for me to do something, screams for me to wake up and stop the hell. I knew it was a nightmare. I couldn't wake up.

I screamed myself awake, only to wake up into the dream again. It cycled three times, and my subjective time was... days. The screams. So many screams.
You can refuse to think, but you can't refuse the consequences of not thinking.

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:32 pm UTC

Too often I have work-related dreams that seem too fucking real. Causes me to wake up in cold sweats and takes a few minutes to process and accept the fact that it was just a dream. Last night's dream was a prime example.

I dreamed that I was in the break room at work, and the CEO was sitting at one of the tables. I went back to my desk for something, and I heard him begin talking about something that happened in our parking lot. I knew it related to something that happened between the two of us, and our cars. I sat stock-still at my desk, pretending to be working. I heard him mention my name, and at first I was shaking with laughter, but then stopped, when he mentioned something about how I hit his car with mine. My boss and a couple of co-workers came up to me, and said I was in deep trouble. I ended up being demoted to the front file room, and the girl who is currently in the file room was going to take over my job. She began showing me how the filing system worked, and how the files needed to be done. I remember feeling very depressed, having preferred to have been fired.

I woke up with the thought that it was time to get up, but I looked at the clock, and it was only 2:30 AM. Realized it was Saturday. Also realized it was just a dream.
PRG

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:40 pm UTC

Just reread one of my journals, found this gem from the last week of Army SLS (essentially a college tour on steroids):

It was the night before "Military Day," when you're put through paces in a bunch of physical exercises and obstacle courses. For some reason, though, I was anticipating an indoctrination session in the early morning, like they did at NASS (the Navy's camp, the week prior). So, I was lying in bed, waiting for my instructor to burst in the door to get us lined up.

It was sort of a dream, sort of a hallucination. I kept going through the same 15 minutes - instructor bursts in, everybody runs out, yelling and such - before I realized "dude, you're dreaming this. Go to sleep." I kept hallucinating over and over, 'twas a very restless night.

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:50 am UTC

Had yet another work-related dream. Also, school-related.

Dreamed that I was in school, and had to take a standardized test. The thing about the test was instead of the teacher proctoring the test, we took it on our own time, just as long as it was done by a certain day. I needed a pencil to complete the test, but all of my pencils were cheap-ass pencils, where the graphite was not very secure inside the wood, and always came loose. I went to my boss about this, and someone else. They suggested I use one of the company's pencils (pencil with company's name on it, as a promotional thing). I said no, those were cheaply made to. My boss looked at me and moved his right arm (it was crossed across his chest) so that his elbow went up and out, pointing to one of the company's CEO's daughters sitting in a desk. She got up, and I started to go after her, to tell her it's not what it seems. I had used the company-branded pencils, but the few I had used seemed to be cheaply made. I then went into the plotter room, where we have large printers to print out plots and plans, to look for another pencil.

In real life, the plotter room has a couple of cabinets full of supplies, and offset is an office that the lady that orders most of our supplies sits in. She has a few cabinets in there full of stuff as well.

I found a ton of pencils, and took three or four of them. I then went through the school, which for some reason had an aquarium in one hallway (was more like if you were at the Tennessee Aquarium, or Georgia Aquarium), and looking out the windows of another hallway, what looked like the beach down in Florida. I did my standardized test, while listening to music, and then left.

Outside I was talking to another co-worker, who had her daughter with her. A gust of wind kicked up, and blew my test out of my hand. I chased after it, and it had gotten caught at the bottom of a pine tree, under a piece of bark. I removed it without ripping the paper, and went back to the co-worker. There was a fire hydrant nearby, so I opened the top (had a lid like a valve cover), saw it was full of brown water, and shoved a piece of plastic wrapping, more than likely from the pack of pencils I got earlier, into the water. The co-worker claimed she was going to tell, and I told her she saw nothing. We also talked about me riding on my motorcycle, and how I loved it.

Apparently my brain is telling me:

1. I need a fucking life, that I need to get out and meet more people.
2. I think too much about work, and the people I work with.
3. I still dwell too much on when I was in school. Perhaps it's being in very close proximity of a high school that's doing this *begins checking real estate listings*.
4. I tend to speak my mind at the most inappropriate times.
5. My dream self has cool shit that I've always wanted (motorcycle...mid-life crisis coming up soon?)
PRG

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:37 am UTC

I remember once in elementary school dreaming an entire school day out... like, an entire day of going through schoolwork.

Then I woke up and slowly realized I had a real day of school ahead of me.

I was furious that entire day.

New User

Postby New User » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:29 am UTC

Here's a bizarre one:

I was hanging out with Dr. Dre, the famous rapper, and his wife. We discussed a recent rap remix by Snoop Dogg that used a sample of my friend Catherine's meow. We were watching television, and I had a bottle of beer. I had some problem operating the television and the channels wouldn't change properly, and it ended up on an episode of the the 1960's Dragnet. In this episode, Friday (only he was called Monday in the dream, like the character on Mathnet) had died, or at least he had apparently died, and was invisible to the other characters. Gannon was trying to solve the mystery of his death. For some reason, there was also an invisible villain that had a large and unwieldy crossbow. He fired this crossbow, and a trained chicken picked up the bolt and ran away with it, while gunpowder poured out. Somehow the end of the gunpowder trail was lit on fire, and became a long fuse like in the roadrunner cartoons. I don't know what was supposed to be the purpose of this. Later in the dream, the idea of a burning fire in my backyard no longer had anything to do with the fictional world of a television show, which is to say that the burning gunpowder trail was actually in my backyard. I had to worry about my backyard being destroyed by fire. There appeared to be minimal damage, but as the day grew darker, I could see gravel glowing from the heat. Even though I thought the danger to combustible material was minimal, I wanted to pour water or something on the glowing rocks to cool them. I only had a very short garden hose, which was unsuitable. The final part of the dream involved me adding water to a large rubber bag, intending to pour it onto the rocks.

Possible relations to real life: I had recently seen a headline on the internet that Snoop Dogg had been arrested in a foreign country. This was discussed in the dream. I had also recently (and very briefly) seen someone on an internet forum discussing the 1960s Dragnet. The scenario of an invisible and apparently dead television character is similar to the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Next Phase", in which two characters are in a similar situation, along with a villain. I saw this episode sometime in the past two weeks. The idea of my backyard being threatened by destruction by fire could be from the recent news coverage of the wildfires in Colorado.

jonydec

Postby jonydec » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:08 am UTC

Apparently The Sound of Music actually ended with the villa burning down, Maria dying, and Captain von Trapp grieving for the rest of his life.

I need to stop dreaming about my favorite movies.

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:35 pm UTC

I was hiking with my family. We walked into this hilly area, and saw a grizzly attacking a group of people. Another man ran up, and started hitting the bear with a canoe paddle. The bear started attacking him. The group of people and bear got into an enormous fight. It turned out being like 10 people fighting this bear. It ended, and the bear just disappeared.

Then we were going to camp. The one area we were worried about flooding. as it was a small peninsula by a winding creek or river. Then we were choosing supplies in a nearby hut/store. The choices were all these pre-packaged pastries.

flickering_candle

Postby flickering_candle » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:48 am UTC

I dreamed I went through a long, busy day at work, and when I got home I was so tired I went to bed to take a nap. I had just lay down, completely exhausted, when I woke up. It was a few minutes before my alarm was set to wake me up for work . :(

MrPeg

Postby MrPeg » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 pm UTC

I'm accidently in love again with a lady I've tried to be just friends with. Realised with an 'oh ffs' when I awoke this morning from my fourth or fifth dream in a fortnight she's been in.

Last night's fiasco started regularily enough; Stood in a fenced field with a few other randoms waiting for the event organisers to bring in the 12 foot tall, obese zombie scarecrow things filled with ball pool balls into the area. Using wooden barbecue skewers we worked the balls out of them before the blind and deaf (sewn shut sensory crevices) zombies also in the field caught onto the scent of the plastic balls and went berserker mode and would eat us all. After a succesful round I retired into the converted barn for a few beers and a game of musical chairs with downing pints as a forfeit. I wander into the kitchen area where it's a bit quieter. Chat with a few lads in there, comment on how the indian guys are actually 'blacker' then the african guys then tell one of the indian guys "well you're not black anyway, you're brown" He gets mega angry and punches me in the eye before storming off. Eye swells up magnificently, I mean completey closed with tennis ball sized swelling. Checking it out in a conviently placed mirror and the lady in question walks in.

"Hey, just saying goodbye, I'm off to India now"

"Wha? When you back?"

"Never... I'm going to work for my dad's business, it means moving over there, was nice knowing you"

She goes out the door into a bustling car park/parade like thing and hops into a massive pinky/purple 4x4 which pulls away as a business suited arm waves once out the window.

I look around flabbergasted, I never got a chance to tell her how I feel, what the fuck can I do??

This man walks over:

and asks if there's a problem.

I ask if he saw which way a bright purple car went.

"over there" *points to a penelope pitstop style convertible parked on the grass*

"no, no, it was like 8 feet tall, massive"

"Oh you mean blahblah's car, they left, they were following Ken's batmobile in the procession they won't have gone far yet"

He says something into his earpiece radio and a motocross stunt rider screams round the corner, scooping me onto his shoulders and tearing off onto a country lane, hot on the tail of the dissappearing parade of wierd cars. I cling on for dear life and another motorcrosser rides up behind up to help balance me. We soon catch up to the batmobile but the 4x4 is nowhere in sight.....
I try to communicate to the rider that we've lost them, might as well stop. We pass the batmobile and he veers off the road leaving the support rider behind and starts across a field of tall grass. I assume he must know where he's heading and tighten my grip. We hurtle across fields, down a motorway and through several back streets. It's getting dark,raining and I'm finding it harder to stay on balance and am wondering how he can navigate with my legs wrapped around his helmet (for some reason my ankles are bound together at this point), all I can do is cling on as every turn and bounce nearly sends me flying. He takes a hard corner and I have to grab the shoulders of his t-shirt, nearly pulling it over his head he protests slightly but carries on course. At this point a "director's commentary note" appears in my vision..

"We could have made this scene smoother but we wanted one continuous shot so kept it like this"

We dart through a ginnel or two and screech to halt at a front door he unceremoniously dumps me onto the doorstep, knocks then screeches off. The door is opened by the lady, she's in tears.
"I was about to leave but then I got your letter...(I never sent one but somehow I know that the suited guy who called in the motorbike wrote it for me and somehow got it delivered faster than a speeding stunt driver) I'm staying... I..I love you too!!"

She bends down and embraces, untying my ankles.

I wake up, the first thing I think is.... "well... that was canned crazy....oh ffs not again...."

Aightynine

Postby Aightynine » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:09 am UTC

This was actually a few nights ago, but: I had two dreams about someone (not me, and I don't think anyone else I know) making out with a piranha-plant-like creature. 0.o And, in between them, I believe I had a fairly innocuous dream about shopping for new clothes with my mom. I do wonder about myself sometimes.... And yes, this was all in the same night/morning.
This is my Tumblr, for the curious and/or bored. It mostly consists of random things/ideas I find interesting* and pictures of my friend Catherine.

*This might include but is not limited to: science, my research experiences, gender, feminism.

jawdisorder

Postby jawdisorder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm UTC

Aightynine wrote:This was actually a few nights ago, but: I had two dreams about someone (not me, and I don't think anyone else I know) making out with a piranha-plant-like creature. 0.o And, in between them, I believe I had a fairly innocuous dream about shopping for new clothes with my mom. I do wonder about myself sometimes.... And yes, this was all in the same night/morning.

At least they were seperate dreams and not some strange mix of the two. You could have had a dream where you were shopping with your mom for someone making out with a piranha-plant-like creatures.

Jave D
chavey-dee

Postby Jave D » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:52 pm UTC

Relapse dream, last night and the night before.

ArchaicHipster

Postby ArchaicHipster » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:11 pm UTC

Jave D wrote:Relapse dream, last night and the night before.

Oh dear. Those are always bad. Hope you're doing ok :?

I dreamt that I was in old Pompeii and Vesuvius was erupting again. For some reason the evacuation process had to do with a very Minecraft-looking structure that was essentially a ditch that was alternately filled up with blocks (so it went block-space-block-space) and the spaces each corresponded to a particular descriptor (age, gender, so on). It had something to do with DNA I think? Evidently Archaic is bad at genetics in his sleep.

Also a late-teens girl who I felt like was my older sister (I have no sisters) was overseeing the evacuation procedure and at some point she turned into a stork and asked me if I thought she was the law.

Boy, having hay-fever (leading to it being well-nigh impossible to breathe) and your girlfriend leaving you lead to strange dreams? Who'da thunk it?
“It is in the deserts and high places that religions are generated. When men see nothing but bottomless infinity over their heads they have always had a driving and desperate urge to find someone to put in the way.”
-Terry Pratchett

emceng

Postby emceng » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:12 pm UTC

Started off observing what happened, then became one of the characters:

Mike and Dave were brothers or friends or something. Dave discovered Mike had killed some people, and rolled them down this cliff. He found out because he found a woman wrapped in a sheet at the bottom. It was rocky, and everything was covered in inches of snow. Then a bunch of people came out and looked at the bodies. I became Dave I think, or somebody. Was walking away from the group of people, when this massive bear/wolf thing jumped from above and landed in a large puff of snow in front of me. I started to run away, and got to this farmhouse. There was a guy, simple-minded, driving a lawnmower with a trailer behind it. I told him we needed to get inside, but he insisted on finishing what he was doing. I ended up trying to hide from the wolf in a shack with only three walls, then I think I finally made it into the house.

iamspen

Postby iamspen » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:20 pm UTC

Sex. I don't remember the context, and frankly, I don't care!

brakos82

Postby brakos82 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:39 pm UTC

So I found myself on the set of Supermarket Sweep as a contestant... so I was running around the store grabbing every expensive thing I could find, and some woman (looked a lot like the Communist woman in the 4th Indiana Jones movie... anyways) was trying to steal my stuff! So as I was running to get some giant bottles of something, she tried grabbing my cart, and I threw a water bottle at her. Got my cart back, continued on to finish the show. Then as I was getting everything checked out, my "wife" (I'm not even in a relationship?) was nagging me about always buying things on impulse. That's the point of the game!
I am Brakos, and I may or may not approve this message.

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:59 am UTC

Ugh. I had one of those annoying "Dream that you're awake, go through your entire day, wake up, and go through your entire day again."

Now, this is extremely taxing on me. I'm in the middle of athletic training, so dreaming my day in advance means dreaming my three-hour workout in advance, too. I like working out in that it makes me physically strong, but I hate working out in that it's very boring. Running 10 miles is no sweat for me, except in that I get bored out of my skull doing it. Now I have a dream of going through this workout, enduring the mental stress... then I wake up, get dressed, and do it again. Sucky.

I didn't even have music. I got so bored I had an argument with myself about metacognition. The horror.

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:52 pm UTC

Was in this giant building, almost felt like outdoors. Was playing a game kind of like capture the flag. No one was very serious about it, but we were playing. Also, part of the game involved wearing odd clothing, kind of like armor or enchanted stuff from an RPG. I was in part of their base, but it was really a girl's bedroom. Don't remember part of it here, then I looked out the side door and saw she was home and coming in. I didn't want to get caught, and think I left. I also was wearing a stovepipe hat - actually more a cross between Lincoln's hat and the Mad Hatter's hat.

Later on somehow ran into the girl whose room I was in. We chatted and flirted, and made out a little. Also, we were helping someone else that had been injured.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:01 pm UTC

Current time period, I am in a combination of Missoula MT, San Jose CA, and Austin TX. I and a few other people are Divine Beings, but we mostly stick to living like normal people. Some weird things happen, fights break out. I end up in the living room of the apartment of the couple that is letting me crash for a few weeks IRL. I and my female travel companion NSFW
Spoiler:
perform oral sex on the male half of the couple
something else happens, there is a time shift and all of us are in a new time, leading new lives in new bodies but I recognize all the old souls within them, but they don't remember. I watch the come together unaware of their destinies. I try to make my female travel companion remember who she is, but she can't. I let my self be content with watching the slumbering souls come together again unaware of who they really are and dissipate back into the spiritual underground of this city's reality.

Weird, but par for the course when I actually dream.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Cups of Gold

Postby Cups of Gold » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:11 pm UTC

I was being chased by a huge zombie, probably seven and a half or eight feet tall, who kind of looked like a much larger Vince Vaughn. At one point in the dream, we were on foot being chased by him, but managed to reach my car, which I then used to ram into him at high speed. But apparently this zombie was immortal, and even if his body were destroyed it would always re-form. So rather than destroying him, we had to figure out a way to contain him forever. We decided that trapping him underground somewhere would be a good idea, but the dream ended before we could try to put this plan into effect.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 pm UTC

Was in something like a supermarket, near the checkout. There was a cart(not mine) with a few items, and five bags of M&Ms, each bag a different color. I pointed this out to someone. They insisted there were only four bags. We proceeded to argue over and over about this. There were clearly five bags. It also may have been my mother I was arguing with at times.

Second dream.
Was like being in an episode of Family Guy. Peter and his friends were in a van, and stole something large. They pulled behind this building to celebrate, and all pulled out beers and clinked them together. Then they got caught - maybe because the beer was drugged. The end part replayed, but when they clinked beers, the van got shot up, and they drove away fast. Someone nearby said they were in New Jersey, not Boston, which is why the were shot at. Then a bystander, or something, was offered a beer for helping catch Peter and co. He was handed a beer, with the lid still on, that was half empty, and had a thing that looked like a bar of soap in it - but I knew that was a roofie. The guy drank it anyway, as he was told that's how beers are in New Jersey.

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:52 am UTC

Dreamt I was a Border Agent overlooking shipments through a port. Over time, a lot of contraband started showing up in the most stupid ways - like bags of guns labelled "Not guns" stupid. I kept getting extremely annoyed at whoever was trying to smuggle the stuff in because their methods were frustratingly stupid. At one point, I asked a guy whether he was really dumb enough to try hiding a nuke under a tarp and trying to pass it off as a fruit shipment. If you're going to smuggle, at least respect my intelligence and try to get away with it!

Then someone started shooting and it turned into a Michael Bay flick.

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:01 pm UTC

Was involved in an epic bachelor party. Had a group of us piled into a van, road tripping to a casino(and maybe a campsite). At the casino did tons of drinking and having fun. There was an outdoor game where you had to kick a soccer ball at a target. I tried it and missed. That game was surrounded by a large group of people arguing and cheering. Inside the casino more drinking, games, etc. Randomly ran into a friend I haven't seen in 5+ years. There was much more that I can't remember.

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:39 am UTC

Had a recurrence of a childhood nightmare, which (reassuringly!) was tempered by age and maturity. I'm fairly sure this nightmare was bred of my watching a cousin play Diablo 2 or something similar, maybe it was Magicka? The first paragraph I remember being ripped directly from the game, with my name superimposed over the player avatar. The second paragraph was my own nightmare. Red stuff is what I definitely, undoubtably remember being in the trigger.

So I'm a hero in a fantasy-setting, isometric RPG. I'm at home in a cottage and I run out to gather acorns. I battle a few rats and such, visit the village, then come home and it's on fire. I walk inside and the entire place is in flames - and there's a horrifying sight of my mom!game literally catching flame and writhing in agony as she burns. Cut to me at a save point/glowing pond thing in my abuse uncle's inn.

Suddenly, I'm running from this hag creature in my RL home. The house is bigger, so the hag and I are both about 6 inches tall. I slash, stab, and fire arrows at the hag, who follows me around like a zombie with an accelerated animation cycle. No matter what I did, nothing phased it. I even toppled Stonehenge-like pillars on it, smashing the creature like in "Tom and Jerry" - it just flattened, squirmed after me like a flat Goomba, then popped back into shape.

After a while, it unhinged its jaw and ate me whole. A defeat screen appeared, with a picture of an emaciated, terrifying witch on one half of the screen and a flavor text on the other half. The text read thus:

"The witch (something or other) has defeated Robert in battle. (Something or other) has consumed 156 pounds of meat." That last part completely terrifies me, even now. It's like being on the buffalo's POV in Oregon Trail. Anyway, this nightmare always caused me to catapult-awake and scream during my younger years. Now I'm glad to say that, though I still startle awake, I'm aware enough of my dreams that I can say "Oh, that nightmare. I remember that one." and not turn on every light in my room.

It's rated M for a reason, folks!

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:30 pm UTC

There was some stuff about a game show, and my brother and I were on it.

Possibly unrelated later parts. We(me and someone, not sure who) were testing out a new rifle or something. There was either an Asian guy around, and a dead Asian guy by this fence. Either way, there was a corpse by this fence. We were shooting towards targets above it, not at the corpse. I went to shoot, and got handed the rifle. It has this crazy scope with 4 pieces. The first three were just small round pieces of glass mounted on the top, no cover, nothing - just like three mini-monocles mounted on the top. The last was a metal crosshairs.

thorgold

Postby thorgold » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:01 pm UTC

I was a contestant in some weird Wipeout/Hunger Games crossover. I kept doing everything right, but then crazy troll dream dream troll logic would rewind time and disqualify me for something or other. I just remember being really annoyed and flabbergasted at the chain of events.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:28 pm UTC

Was at a conference or something. The main group I belong to was having a discussion. Something came up about a paper, and it was shouted down because the research could be construed as racist. A group left to form a splinter organization - WIGDR I think. No idea what the letters stand for.

Daimon

Postby Daimon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 am UTC

So I was in <Insert name of location in COD4 that resembels the middle east>, and I was about to play some MTG with an Arabic woman that had a child. Shortly after we got started with MTG, I was playing blue, some giant vertibird from Fallout came, which I had to shoot down with an RPG. Then some military guys came, kidnapped the child, and I was wisked away trying to save the kid who was apparently being tortured, but I had appeared in New York as portrayed in GTAIV.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:00 am UTC

So I was a passenger on a small cruise ship. Soon after we left port, the crew summoned us up on deck. Obediently, we all gathered near the bow, overlooked by the bridge. The captain ordered one of his crew to open a crate, and out of the crate came some Lovecraftian thing. I don't even remember exactly what it looked like; whenever I looked at it, all I could see was one of its eyes and the reflection of some poor sod's face that was about to get murdered. As soon as it was released, it sucked out the soul of the crew member who had released it (like a dementor from Harry Potter), and then lopped his head off with one swipe of an appendage. The passengers and the low ranking crew all panicked at this point, and some tried to dive overboard. But the space around the boat had a warped topology. Before hitting the water, the person would reappear above the deck and fall onto it. The captain and the senior crew calmly walked back inside the ship and shut the hatch behind them.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Return to “General”