The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
SirBryghtside
Posts: 909
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby SirBryghtside » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:41 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
SirBryghtside wrote:I hate what Bethesda is doing, but before the game was even released they said Dawnguard was going to be out 30 days later on the PC and PS3. So mark the 26th of July on your calender.

All the articles I've read say at least 30 days. So it could be more.

Point taken, but if the deal with Microsoft says 30 days, there's really not any reason for them to delay further.
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 pm UTC

Will wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:Well obviously Microsoft negotiated to get it released on XBox first, but I'm struggling to see the business case for wanting that. There's no reasonable train of thought that goes from "Some DLC is available on XBox earlier than PS3 or PC" to "I'm going to buy an XBox". Even if it's just to get people to spend Microsoft points on the DLC instead of buying it from another platform if they have multiple consoles, they don't need such a huge lead time for that. A week would do it.

To be clear, I'm not complaining about the Xbox getting it first. I mean, it's annoying, and stupid, but they've been pulling that shit at least since KOTOR came out back in 2003, so whatever. It's the fact that it's out on the Xbox and yet they have still given us no word on *when* it's going to come out on the fucking PC. If you're going to release it on the Xbox first, fine, whatever, just fucking *tell* us when the PC version is going to come out.

I'm not complaining either, I'm just confused. MS presumably spent good money to get that deal, but I can't see any way it benefits them. And yeah, keeping mum on the release dates for other platforms is also a bit baffling.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
SirBryghtside
Posts: 909
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby SirBryghtside » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:53 am UTC

It's not about buying the console, it's about buying the game. If someone owned both a PS3 and an XBox, this would make it more likely for them to purchase a copy for the Xbox.

And I guess I'm not complaining either, but only because I know it won't achieve anything. I am really, really annoyed about this, no matter how much precedent it has.
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

Enokh
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:55 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Enokh » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
Enokh wrote:
CorruptUser wrote:Wait, when you say no magic, do you mean no restoration? Because I need restoration.

Also, try sneaking and backstabbing. Because backstabbing.


I was really tempted to allow Restoration, but no -- might as well make it super hard. I'll just carry around a lot of potions and whatnot. Time to start picking all the flowers I see, ugh.


Oblivion had an "autopick flowers" addon with options (autopick only with weapon holstered, etc). You might want to see if skyrim also does.


I may have to look at that. Right now I'm just picking things up that I see, and buying any ingredients that cost less than 10 gold from Merchants, then selling back pretty much any potion that isn't Restore Health or Stamina.

I've been having WAY more fun with the no-magic character, just because it's pretty goddamned hard. Love me some shield-bashing, too. Really need to work on getting my Enchanting up and running. But right now I'm kinda trying to get to 30 Smithing so I can start making Dwarven stuff. . .which I guess could be good.

Also, pretty disappointed in Skyrim's Vampirism. Lycanthropy seems like it'd be really awesome to have on a Mage, but probably not going to get it on this character.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10547
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:45 pm UTC

SirBryghtside wrote:It's not about buying the console, it's about buying the game. If someone owned both a PS3 and an XBox, this would make it more likely for them to purchase a copy for the Xbox.


Wait. Does XBox get paid for every Xbox game sold? Because Bethesda gets paid whether it's for PS, PC, or Xbox.

User avatar
SirBryghtside
Posts: 909
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby SirBryghtside » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:17 pm UTC

Yeah, MicroSoft will get a cut, presumably a higher percentage from the DLC.
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10547
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:30 pm UTC

See, THIS is why PCs are better for the gaming community. Not because of customization or performance or whatever else people stupidly brag about. But because with PCs, companies can't do bullshit like this. Nintendo is able to ensure that Mario is exclusive to the various NES's, Sony can ensure that (with rare exceptions) Final Fantasy is exclusive to Playstation. Microsoft can ensure that (with rare exceptions) Halo will only be released for XBox. But on the computer? Dell can't make the Total War series exclusive to Dell.

It's the difference between appliances and computers.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Xeio » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Dell can't make the Total War series exclusive to Dell.
Just Windows, or Mac, or Linux.

Wine and its equivalents notwithstanding.

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby The Scyphozoa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:36 pm UTC

Yeah, Microsoft can still make sure a game is Windows-exclusive. They just don't want to because they'd rather make it Xbox exclusive.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10547
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:
CorruptUser wrote:Dell can't make the Total War series exclusive to Dell.
Just Windows, or Mac, or Linux.

Wine and its equivalents notwithstanding.


True, but I can get a Mac emulator that lets me run Mac games on my windows system. Well, I can also get a NES emulator to play NES games on my PC too, but I haven't gotten it to work just yet. So it's kind of a weak counterpoint. Feel free to mock it.

Dark567
First one to notify the boards of Rick and Morty Season 3
Posts: 3686
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:12 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere(in the US, I don't venture outside it too often, unfortunately)

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Dark567 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:11 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:
Xeio wrote:
CorruptUser wrote:Dell can't make the Total War series exclusive to Dell.
Just Windows, or Mac, or Linux.

Wine and its equivalents notwithstanding.


True, but I can get a Mac emulator that lets me run Mac games on my windows system. Well, I can also get a NES emulator to play NES games on my PC too, but I haven't gotten it to work just yet. So it's kind of a weak counterpoint. Feel free to mock it.
Well one of those is completely legal and another is a legal grey area at best.

And if you wanna talk about game console emulators and the legality thereof...this thread may be a place to start. -ST
I apologize, 90% of the time I write on the Fora I am intoxicated.


Yakk wrote:The question the thought experiment I posted is aimed at answering: When falling in a black hole, do you see the entire universe's future history train-car into your ass, or not?

MisterCheif
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:24 am UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby MisterCheif » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm UTC

I'm probably going to get Skyrim for PC in the next few days, because I now have a computer that can run it. Does anybody have recommendations for some mods that I should use? I remember seeing something earlier in the thread about a mod that allows you to spend dragon souls for perks, and after playing the console version a lot, that sounds really useful, as I often ended up with a huge backlog of souls.
I can haz people?
lulzfish wrote:Exactly. Playing God is a good, old-fashioned American tradition. And you wouldn't want to ruin tradition. Unless you hate America. And that would make you a Communist.

User avatar
omgryebread
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:03 am UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby omgryebread » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 pm UTC

MisterCheif wrote:I'm probably going to get Skyrim for PC in the next few days, because I now have a computer that can run it. Does anybody have recommendations for some mods that I should use? I remember seeing something earlier in the thread about a mod that allows you to spend dragon souls for perks, and after playing the console version a lot, that sounds really useful, as I often ended up with a huge backlog of souls.
SkyUI makes the interface much much better. Vanilla is the same as the console interface, which is fine for consoles, but not so nice on PC.
avatar from Nononono by Lynn Okamoto.

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby broken_escalator » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:14 pm UTC

Oooh yes, SkyUI is probably my favorite.

Wars in Skyrim is another fun one that I enjoyed. There were many different versions of it last time I looked, but it's interesting to just stumble upon a random battle. Like a group of bandits raiding a giant camp, or a werewolf fighting Silverhand warriors.

There are some mods that boost companion abilities so they don't feel so useless. They can even have unique traits given to them. Also, the mod that boosts the strength of Daedric artifacts is nice, since some of them are lackluster.

User avatar
Koa
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:20 am UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Koa » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:04 pm UTC

SkyRe is a must-have mod for me. All the races get more defining abilities, there are several new spells such as auras and curses, stronger combat AI (it affects things more than you might think), and more importantly every perk tree is rebuilt. Archery is a choice between longbows or shortbows, conjuration is astromancy or necromancy (undead don't expire), lockpicking is combined with pickpocket, speechcraft is mercantile or shout power, and so on. There's also an unarmed perk line and an unarmed weapon that levels up as you use it. It adds a lot of intrigue to the very bland and/or poorly designed elements of combat and leveling. It's pretty modular and comes bundled with several other popular mods.

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby broken_escalator » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:27 pm UTC

I don't know how I missed that mod, but I'll be starting a new playthrough with it. :shock:

Enokh
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:55 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Enokh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:24 pm UTC

Yeah, no kidding. Going to go ahead and do the "little bit of everything" character and use that mod. Should be fun times.

MisterCheif
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:24 am UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby MisterCheif » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:17 pm UTC

Well, I'm downloading Skyrim now. It looks like I'll be starting my first character using SkyUI and SkyRe. Also, how do mod installs from the steam workshop work? Can they be toggled on and off, and how is compatibility with previous save files (say I want to add in the "Spend Dragon Souls for Perks mod."? Thanks for the suggestions!

I love that Bethesda still encourages modding despite the fact that so many other developer's go, "Nope, no modding, because DLC."

[EDIT] Also, could Steam's option to verify a game's integrity be used to remove all mods, in case I wanted to go back to vanilla, or install new mods that would conflict with the ones I already have installed?
I can haz people?
lulzfish wrote:Exactly. Playing God is a good, old-fashioned American tradition. And you wouldn't want to ruin tradition. Unless you hate America. And that would make you a Communist.

User avatar
EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy
Posts: 3725
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: where the wind takes me

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby EdgarJPublius » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:49 pm UTC

You can manage your subscribed mods from the steam workshop, unsubscribing from a mod will uninstall it from your game.
You can also toggle which .esp files are active by selecting 'data files' from the launcher menu.

There also some mod-managing programs on skyrimnexus that offer varying degrees of control, such as different mod profiles for different characters.

As long as you stick to mods available through the workshop/third party mod-managers, you shouldn't have any problems.

And honestly, most mods are just an .esp anyway, or require the .esp to point to whatever they added, so disabling/removing the.esp is enough to remove the mod.

As far as compatibility with existing characters. almost all mods are, generally the only ones that aren't are those that change core elements of how characters work, such as the skill/experience/leveling system. Though typically those mods will still have some functionality for existing games.

There might also be problems if a mod changes a quest you've already completed, an NPC you've killed or a dungeon you've already cleared.

Verifying the game's integrity doesn't seem to effect mods (maybe if you have a texture/mesh replacement that just replaces without using a .esp to point to a new file).
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby broken_escalator » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:59 pm UTC

Oh another mod that was important for me:
if your old-man Blades member doesn't have a voice, there are mods or files you can grab to fix it.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Adam H » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:07 pm UTC

MisterCheif wrote:I'm probably going to get Skyrim for PC in the next few days, because I now have a computer that can run it. Does anybody have recommendations for some mods that I should use?

I'll recommend a few minor ones. I'm not too sure on the names, but they should all be easily searchable on steam. These are in rough order of how likely I think you are to keep them after trying them out. (so while I think realistic lighting is the best one IMO, it's a matter of taste rather than an obvious improvement)
-Improved Dragonmask Textures
-Realistic Ragdoll Physics
-More Cooking Recipes
-Fletching/Arrow Crafting
-Dragonbone weapon pack
-Killable Generals
-Realistic Lighting
-Specialized Followers

Also, I actually don't like SkyUI. It's ugly and you have to install another mod that messes with your game files (IIRC).
-Adam

User avatar
Koa
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:20 am UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Koa » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:23 pm UTC

I love that Bethesda still encourages modding despite the fact that so many other developer's go, "Nope, no modding, because DLC."

I wouldn't give them too much credit as they tried to do that in Oblivion for a while. Then people hacked it.
[EDIT] Also, could Steam's option to verify a game's integrity be used to remove all mods, in case I wanted to go back to vanilla, or install new mods that would conflict with the ones I already have installed?

You can just delete the files yourself though. Everything but the main Skyrim.bsa/esm files in the data folder of the install.

User avatar
Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:12 pm UTC
Location: St. Heraldwulf's Stone
Contact:

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Will » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 pm UTC

Even with the steam workshop, I suggest using the Nexus Mod Manager. Makes it easy to keep track of all your mods, change the order they're loaded (which is sometimes necessary to prevent conflicts) and remove/disable mods to troubleshoot issues or if you just don't want to deal with them anymore.

Adam H wrote:Also, I actually don't like SkyUI. It's ugly and you have to install another mod that messes with your game files (IIRC).

If you're talking about SKSE, it's not required to use SkyUI, a couple of features just won't work.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

MisterCheif
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:24 am UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby MisterCheif » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 pm UTC

Will wrote:Even with the steam workshop, I suggest using the Nexus Mod Manager. Makes it easy to keep track of all your mods, change the order they're loaded (which is sometimes necessary to prevent conflicts) and remove/disable mods to troubleshoot issues or if you just don't want to deal with them anymore.

Adam H wrote:Also, I actually don't like SkyUI. It's ugly and you have to install another mod that messes with your game files (IIRC).

If you're talking about SKSE, it's not required to use SkyUI, a couple of features just won't work.


Yep, after looking at SkyRe, I noticed the mod manager. Thanks anyway!

And that's weird, the mod manager seems to be unable to download SkyRe any further than 91%...

[EDIT] Fixed it by canceling the download, and deleting the current partial download. I'm not sure what caused that....
I can haz people?
lulzfish wrote:Exactly. Playing God is a good, old-fashioned American tradition. And you wouldn't want to ruin tradition. Unless you hate America. And that would make you a Communist.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Adam H » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:08 pm UTC

Will wrote:
Adam H wrote:Also, I actually don't like SkyUI. It's ugly and you have to install another mod that messes with your game files (IIRC).

If you're talking about SKSE, it's not required to use SkyUI, a couple of features just won't work.

Very true. In fact, I'd probably keep SkyUI if I had gotten SKSE to install properly, but I couldn't for some reason (don't remember why, or how hard I tried before giving up). Without it, you can't search for items which would be the only reason I'd prefer SkyUI and there's obnoxious big background text telling you that SKSE isn't installed.

Anyways, I prefer the standard UI to SkyUI's tiny text with everything mashed together. Call me crazy.
-Adam

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby broken_escalator » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:27 pm UTC

Crazy.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10547
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:36 pm UTC

I've been fooling around with leaving the difficulty on master. Not doing 'no magic', but I did a bit of 'cheating' to give myself the extra pockets perk, some of the smithing and alchemy perks, and some of the lockpicking perks. Because a lot of the junk weighs too much (e.g., potions and dragon bones), I want double ingredients without having to spend twice the time gathering them, and I shouldn't have to spend a few perks on making the easiest locks even easier just to get the extra loot perks.

I find that I'm going to have to train up alteration just to survive all the magic thrown my way. Even Draugr Wights tear me to pieces if I'm not careful; I find that in undead areas I just sneak past everything or lead them to the spiky swinging-door trap. Destruction is almost useless, because I don't feel like bolt-staggering everything to death.

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby _infina_ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:13 pm UTC

Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10547
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby CorruptUser » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:48 pm UTC

I found a new cheese tactic. Dual wielding power attack + elemental fury + dual wielding perks + vegetable soup = chainsaws. I mean, holy balls I do a lot of damage in a short time. I summoned a dremora with the Sanguine staff to distract an ancient dragon, and when it landed I cut it into ribbons before it could take off. And I only have 2/3 of the shout unlocked. Even just the first word of the shout is insanely powerful.

Even on Master I rarely find a few things to be any real danger. Even the bears stopped scaring me. Only ancient dragons (they can do a finish move on me at near full health even though every level up went to health), mobs of Forsworn with a Briarheart, and mobs of Draugr Deathlords seem to pose any challenge. Also, mobs of chaurus reapers, hate those so much.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 pm UTC


... Wow...

User avatar
Xanthir
My HERO!!!
Posts: 5423
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:49 am UTC
Location: The Googleplex
Contact:

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Xanthir » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 pm UTC

Now all we need is someone to swap out the dragon model with an Ender Dragon.
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

Spambot5546
Posts: 1466
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:34 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Spambot5546 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:00 am UTC

I forgot we were talking about Minecraft for a moment, so I was picturing Ender Wiggin. It was actually surprisingly appropriate. "Oh, Dragon Army is a joke you say!? Well I'll eat your whole fucking world!"
"It is bitter – bitter", he answered,
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

User avatar
SirBryghtside
Posts: 909
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby SirBryghtside » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:45 pm UTC

SirBryghtside wrote:Point taken, but if the deal with Microsoft says 30 days, there's really not any reason for them to delay further.

Om nom nom tasty words
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

User avatar
Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind
Posts: 2256
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:12 pm UTC
Location: St. Heraldwulf's Stone
Contact:

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby Will » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:47 pm UTC

I still don't understand. It was ready to release on the Xbox a month ago. What the fuck else do they have to do to get it ready for the PC? What have they been doing the last month? Do they even *want* my money?

What the fuck?
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:54 pm UTC

Will wrote:I still don't understand. It was ready to release on the Xbox a month ago. What the fuck else do they have to do to get it ready for the PC? What have they been doing the last month? Do they even *want* my money?

What the fuck?


*polite cough*

SlyReaper wrote:All the articles I've read say at least 30 days. So it could be more.


Called it.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy
Posts: 3725
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: where the wind takes me

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby EdgarJPublius » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:46 pm UTC

Dawnguard is out on PC now. Steam

Apparently released for Quakecon.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:38 pm UTC

*violently expels beverage from mouth*

14 quid?!? For a DLC? Fuck no.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
SirBryghtside
Posts: 909
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 pm UTC

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby SirBryghtside » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 pm UTC

How much is it on consoles? And should I feel bad that that price tag really hasn't deterred me?

I'm so glad it's out.

Edit: Looked it up, it's £13.60 there. So no real difference, but still damn expensive.
Last edited by SirBryghtside on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:26 pm UTC

I'd have paid up to 7 or 8 quid for it. 14 quid though... I don't want a crossbow that badly.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim : Bacon Workshop

Postby The Scyphozoa » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:36 pm UTC

SirBryghtside wrote:How much is it on consoles?

I think it's the same... 14 quid is roughly 21 USD and I payed $20 for it on Xbox.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dauric and 11 guests