Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby eculc » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:05 pm UTC

Quantum Mafia

This one’s a bit different, folks. I hope you’re excited. :)

Quantum Mafia Rules (also here):
Spoiler:
There are 2 Mafiosi, and the rest of the players are vanilla town. One of the Mafiosi is the Godfather who decides the night-kill target. If the Godfather dies then the other Mafioso becomes the Godfather.

The game is in a superposition of scenarios. In each scenario, every player is Town, Mafioso, or Godfather, and every player is either alive or dead. In the beginning of the game, there is one scenario for every distribution of roles. All players start out alive in all scenarios. Players will not receive a specific role at the beginning - everyone starts on exactly the same footing. Each player action will affect every scenario in which they are legal actions. When player’s action makes a scenario impossible, that scenario is eliminated.

Players are given overall statistics at the beginning of each day. The statistics show how alive and how good every player is. For example, if you are alive in 2 out of 5 total possible scenarios, you are 40% alive. Players choose codenames to preserve anonymity. This is an example of what players will see:

Code: Select all

Player    Alive   Good
Player1   100%    53%
Player2   60%     66%
Player3   0%      100%
Player4   80%     60%

PlayerN   100%    53%

The rest of the day is just like a normal mafia game, with discussions and a hanging at the end. Everyone who is more than 0% alive can participate in the discussion and has exactly one vote.

When a player is lynched, they become 0% alive, and their role is immediately fixed and revealed using a random number generator according to their current good/evil probability. If the player is X% good, then after the lynch the player has an X% chance as being resolved as good, and (1-X)% chance as being resolved as scum. Every scenario where this player has a different role is eliminated. Also, the lynched player cannot have been dead prior to the lynch, so every scenario in which the lynched player has already died is eliminated. In particular this means that as soon as Player X is voted off, all players that previously attacked Player X can no longer have been the Godfather on the night they made the attack.

Every player who is not 100% good or 0% alive must send in a target to kill every night. In every scenario, the Godfather’s kill succeeds while all other player’s kills are ignored. If the Godfather’s target either is already dead or is a member of the mafia in a particular scenario, the scenario is eliminated.

Don’t worry if it seems complicated. No one is too dumb to sign up!

Mods: orangedragonfire and Adam H
Size: Medium, 11 players max
Bastardry: Little to none

Please PM both mods a secret codename of your choice when you sign up.

Players:
1. Snark (Woo-freaking hoo! Way too many games! Way too excited about all of them!)
2. New User
3. Eculc (provided the game doesn't start until after next weekend, that is)
4. UniqueScreenname (y'know what? Fine! I don't need answers to my questions)
6. Sruixan (It's about time for my yearly xkcd mafia, methinks, mainly because this one's screaming for me to play it...)
7. Chandani (I feel like I'm going to regret this... hopefully in an alternative reality ;))

Replacements:
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

webby

Postby webby » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:37 am UTC

Quantum Mafia

Spoiler:
There are 2 Mafiosi, and the rest of the players are vanilla town. One of the Mafiosi is the Godfather who decides the night-kill target. If the Godfather dies then the other Mafioso becomes the Godfather.

The game is in a superposition of scenarios. In each scenario, every player is Town, Mafioso, or Godfather, and every player is either alive or dead. In the beginning of the game, there is one scenario for every distribution of roles. All players start out alive in all scenarios. Players will not receive a specific role at the beginning - everyone starts on exactly the same footing. Each player action will affect every scenario in which they are legal actions. When player’s action makes a scenario impossible, that scenario is eliminated.

Players are given overall statistics at the beginning of each day. The statistics show how alive and how good every player is. For example, if you are alive in 2 out of 5 total possible scenarios, you are 40% alive. Players choose codenames to preserve anonymity. This is an example of what players will see:

Player    Alive   Good
Player1   100%    53%
Player2   60%     66%
Player3   0%      100%
Player4   80%     60%

PlayerN   100%    53%

The rest of the day is just like a normal mafia game, with discussions and a hanging at the end. Everyone who is more than 0% alive can participate in the discussion and has exactly one vote.

When a player is lynched, they become 0% alive, and their role is immediately fixed and revealed using a random number generator according to their current good/evil probability. If the player is X% good, then after the lynch the player has an X% chance as being resolved as good, and (1-X)% chance as being resolved as scum. Every scenario where this player has a different role is eliminated. Also, the lynched player cannot have been dead prior to the lynch, so every scenario in which the lynched player has already died is eliminated. In particular this means that as soon as Player X is voted off, all players that previously attacked Player X can no longer have been the Godfather on the night they made the attack.

Every player who is not 100% good or 0% alive must send in a target to kill every night. In every scenario, the Godfather’s kill succeeds while all other player’s kills are ignored. If the Godfather’s target either is already dead or is a member of the mafia in a particular scenario, the scenario is eliminated.

Players:
1. Snark (Woo-freaking hoo! Way too many games! Way too excited about all of them!)
2. New User
5. webby
6. Sruixan (It's about time for my yearly xkcd mafia, methinks, mainly because this one's screaming for me to play it...)
7. Chandani (I feel like I'm going to regret this... hopefully in an alternative reality ;))

Replacements:

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:49 am UTC

Quantum Mafia

Spoiler:

Player    Alive   Good
Player1   100%    53%
Player2   60%     66%
Player3   0%      100%
Player4   80%     60%

PlayerN   100%    53%

Players:
2. New User
5. webby
11. KrO2 (I can't not sign up for this!)

Replacements:

lynx

Postby lynx » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:57 am UTC

Quantum Mafia

Spoiler:

Player Alive Good
Player1 100% 53%
Player2 60% 66%
Player3 0% 100%
Player4 80% 60%

PlayerN 100% 53%

Players:
2. New User
5. webby
8. lynx (too many games, too many games)

Replacements:

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:56 am UTC

Arg. I'm too lazy busy for game theory, and too not knowing how the heck Quantum will play out. Someone save me!
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:17 am UTC

Quantum Mafia

Spoiler:

Player Alive Good
Player1 100% 53%
Player2 60% 66%
Player3 0% 100%
Player4 80% 60%

PlayerN 100% 53%

Players:
2. New User
5. webby
9. cjquines (argh, 3 games 3 games! Oh, and does that mean that the setup changes every day?)

Replacements:

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:31 am UTC

Quantum Mafia

Spoiler:

Player Alive Good
Player1 100% 53%
Player2 60% 66%
Player3 0% 100%
Player4 80% 60%

PlayerN 100% 53%

Players:
2. New User
5. webby
9. cjquines (argh, 3 games 3 games! Oh, and does that mean that the setup changes every day?)
10. Tim (woo filled it up)

Replacements:
Last edited by t1mm01994 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Snark

Postby Snark » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:24 pm UTC

Status of current games:

Large
Sailor Moon. Sign-ups have been running for 18 days. 5/24 sign-ups.
Star-Trek. Running.
Medium
Blackwing. Running.
Quantum. 11/11 sign-ups. 0 replacements though. So excited for this game to start!
Small
Dethy. Running.
Turbo
The Casino. Running.
Vanilla
Nothing in the Vanilla queue.
Not in queue
The Olympics. 6/? sign-ups where ? is preferably an even number.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:36 pm UTC

Twin Trap

In this small town, all the attention's centered around two set of twins: one of each is evil. They're teaming up to destroy the town. Will they succeed?

Mod: UniqueScreenname
Size: 9 players
Bastardry: None
Set-up: Open. Info can be found here.
5 Vanilla Townies
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Track-Immune Mafia
1 Watch-Immune Mafia

Players

Replacements
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Snark

Postby Snark » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 pm UTC

Twin Trap

In this small town, all the attention's centered around two set of twins: one of each is evil. They're teaming up to destroy the town. Will they succeed?

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Track-Immune Mafia
1 Watch-Immune Mafia

Players

Replacements
1. Snark ('s evil twin forced him into this sign-up spot)
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:53 pm UTC

Twin Trap

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Track-Immune Mafia
1 Watch-Immune Mafia
Starts as soon as sign-ups are filled.

Players

Replacements
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:12 am UTC

Twin Trap

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Track-Immune Mafia
1 Watch-Immune Mafia

Players
4. Lataro ( phone sign up fail)

Replacements
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

webby

Postby webby » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:22 am UTC

The Game Theory Olympics

Welcome to London 2012, where the best of the best of the best of everything are assembled to show off their bestness. You in this room are the world’s foremost decision theory athletes.
Are you better than everyone else? This is your chance to prove it. You will be asked an impossible question. They are asked the same question. Your job is to outguess them. Only one person will be...[dramatic pause]...the very best.

Unlike a certain game of not-mafia, this is not a game of mafia. Don’t worry about playing too many games at once, because this one is basically just asking for one action per round.

Mod: KrO2
Players: The more the merrier. Preferably an even number.
Speed: I’ll try to pose the next question as soon as possible after everyone sends their answer. So the speed is “very fast.”
Replacements: None. It would kind of defeat the purpose. Instead of signing up as a replacement, just sign up as a player!

Players:
1. Tim (first lol)
2. Snark (second lolz)
3. fshfood (heck yah!)
4. UniqueScreenname
5. Adam H (everyone cooperate except me, please)
6.Flarpfreak(Ooh a perfect number, how cool)
7. webby

New User

Postby New User » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:16 am UTC

Twin Trap

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Track-Immune Mafia
1 Watch-Immune Mafia

Players
1. New User

Replacements

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:18 am UTC

The Game Theory Olympics

Welcome to London 2012, where the best of the best of the best of everything are assembled to show off their bestness. You in this room are the world’s foremost decision theory athletes.
Are you better than everyone else? This is your chance to prove it. You will be asked an impossible question. They are asked the same question. Your job is to outguess them. Only one person will be...[dramatic pause]...the very best.

Unlike a certain game of not-mafia, this is not a game of mafia. Don’t worry about playing too many games at once, because this one is basically just asking for one action per round.

Speed: I’ll try to pose the next question as soon as possible after everyone sends their answer. So the speed is “very fast.”
Replacements: None. It would kind of defeat the purpose. Instead of signing up as a replacement, just sign up as a player!

Players:
1. Tim (first lol)
2. Snark (second lolz)
3. fshfood (heck yah!)
4. UniqueScreenname
7. webby
8. cjquines (not overworking myself, not overworking myself...)

wam

Postby wam » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:42 am UTC

The Game Theory Olympics

Players:
1. Tim (first lol)
2. Snark (second lolz)
3. fshfood (heck yah!)
4. UniqueScreenname
7. webby
9. wam
Come join us playing mafia signup here

wam

Postby wam » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 am UTC

Quantum Mafia

Spoiler:

Player Alive Good
Player1 100% 53%
Player2 60% 66%
Player3 0% 100%
Player4 80% 60%

PlayerN 100% 53%

Players:
2. New User
5. webby

Replacements:
1. wam (annoyed I missed the actual signups)

lynx

Postby lynx » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 am UTC

The Game Theory Olympics

Players:
1. Tim (first lol)
2. Snark (second lolz)
3. fshfood (heck yah!)
4. UniqueScreenname
7. webby
9. wam
10. lynx (here's hoping I'm not too stupid!)

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:43 pm UTC

The Game Theory Olympics

Players:
1. Tim (first lol)
2. Snark (second lolz)
3. fshfood (heck yah!)
4. UniqueScreenname
4 1/2. Matt96 (signing up from my phone, and it won't let me,
type anythin further down than this.)
5. Adam H (everyone cooperate except me, please
7. webby
9. wam
11.[/quote]

ArDeeJ
Bastet Case

Postby ArDeeJ » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:35 pm UTC

ohai gai'z
Never played mafia before, lurked here for a few months*. What would be a good game to be the first lynchee in start with, Twin Trap? Also, Game Theory Olympics seems interesting. Is there a recommended intelligence level for that?
*DISCLAIMER: not a guarantee I'll cause anything useful to happen

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:50 pm UTC

Quantum Mafia

Spoiler:

Player Alive Good
Player1 100% 53%
Player2 60% 66%
Player3 0% 100%
Player4 80% 60%

PlayerN 100% 53%

Players:
2. New User
5. webby

Replacements:
1. wam (annoyed I missed the actual signups)
2. ConMan (maybe if I observe the game, I'll affect its outcome?)
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 am UTC

Twin Trap

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Track-Immune Mafia
1 Watch-Immune Mafia

Players
1. New User

Replacements

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:35 am UTC

Twin Trap

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Track-Immune Mafia
1 Watch-Immune Mafia

Players
1. New User
2. ahammel (Haven't had a game in, what, a few days? Let's do this!)

Replacements
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:40 am UTC

The Game Theory Olympics

Players:
1. Tim (first lol)
2. Snark (second lolz)
3. fshfood (heck yah!)
4. UniqueScreenname
4 1/2. Matt96 (signing up from my phone, and it won't let me,
type anythin further down than this.)
7. webby
9. wam
11.tastelikecoke (whoomp)

lynx

Postby lynx » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:28 am UTC

Twin Trap

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Track-Immune Mafia
1 Watch-Immune Mafia

Players
1. New User

Replacements
2. lynx (cannot sign up for any more games)

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:51 am UTC

lynx wrote:
Twin Trap

5 Vanilla Townies
1 Tracker
1 Watcher
1 Track-Immune Mafia
1 Watch-Immune Mafia

Players
1. New User
9.TheMaskedGecko (plot twist: the evil twin is actually a raptor)

Replacements
2. lynx (cannot sign up for any more games)
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:11 am UTC

The Game Theory Olympics

Players:
1. Tim (first lol)
2. Snark (second lolz)
3. fshfood (heck yah!)
4. UniqueScreenname
7. webby
9. wam
12 4 1/2. Matt96 (signing up from my phone, and it won't let me,
type anythin further down than this.) [everyone was too lazy to fix this -cjquines]

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:49 pm UTC

Sailor Moon Mafia, part 2, has died once again. 5 players just isn't enough for it.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

roband

Postby roband » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:34 pm UTC

wam, is Community mafia going to have spoilers? I'm currently part-way through Season 2 and loving it!

wam

Postby wam » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:41 pm UTC

roband wrote:wam, is Community mafia going to have spoilers? I'm currently part-way through Season 2 and loving it!

There will be no major spoilers in it. I will double check where I have sourced some flavour from to confirm this. I will also put it in signups at some point tomorrow, I think its ready to go.

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:45 am UTC

The Game Theory Olympics

Players:
1. Tim (first lol)
2. Snark (second lolz)
3. fshfood (heck yah!)
4. UniqueScreenname
7. webby
9. wam
12 4 1/2. Matt96 (signing up from my phone, and it won't let me,
type anythin further down than this.) [everyone was too lazy to fix this -cjquines]

I think I'll leave this in signups another day or two just in case there are any more prisoner's dilemma type people who didn't sign up over the weekend. Odd numbers work too, so don't let that stop you.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:41 am UTC

greendale flag.png

Community mafia

You all know something is wrong at greendale lets get together and fix it.

General info: This will be a game with reasonably simple mechanics but every role will have a power. As for spoilers some players win conditioins and actions are linked to what could be considered spoilers, however, there should be no major plot spoilers given by the mod. If players are giving flavour knowledge they should be careful if requested. However, the mod accepts no liability for what may or may not be a spoiler!

Flavour knowledege is not required, all required flavour can be found at the following two wikipedia links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_%28TV_series%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Co ... characters
(warning spoilers included)

Setup: Closed
Players: 15-20 (but will run it with less if needs be)
Mod:wam
Bastardry: medium
Complexity: medium (some normal roles some odd ones but the mechanics are simple)
Speed: Day 1 will last 10 days further game weeks will last 7 days. I will try and line up nights with weekends as Im normally not around at weekends.
Schedule: The game will start next week sometime and should be finished within one month.
Signups:

roband

Postby roband » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:12 am UTC

greendale flag.png

Community mafia

General info: This will be a game with reasonably simple mechanics but every role will have a power. As for spoilers some players win conditioins and actions are linked to what could be considered spoilers, however, there should be no major plot spoilers given by the mod. If players are giving flavour knowledge they should be careful if requested. However, the mod accepts no liability for what may or may not be a spoiler!

Flavour knowledege is not required, all required flavour can be found at the following two wikipedia links.

Complexity: medium (some normal roles some odd ones but the mechanics are simple)
Speed: Day 1 will last 10 days further game weeks will last 7 days. I will try and line up nights with weekends as Im normally not around at weekends.
Schedule: The game will start next week sometime and should be finished within one month.
Signups:
1. roband (We are 40 light years outside of the buttermilk nebula, although it's possible that ... yeah, this is a sticker)

wam

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 am UTC

I preferred your first one!

roband

Postby roband » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:26 am UTC

wam wrote:I preferred your first one!

Haha, I didn't want it to seem like I was creeping on the mod :P

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:39 am UTC

greendale flag.png

Community mafia

Signups:
1. roband (We are 40 light years outside of the buttermilk nebula, although it's possible that ... yeah, this is a sticker)
2. UniqueScreenname (TRAMPOLINE!!!!)

ArDeeJ
Bastet Case

Postby ArDeeJ » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:56 am UTC

The Game Theory Olympics

Players:
1. Tim (first lol)
2. Snark (second lolz)
3. fshfood (heck yah!)
4. UniqueScreenname
7. webby
9. wam
12 4 1/2. Matt96 (signing up from my phone, and it won't let me, type anythin further down than this.)
13. ardeej (ohai, LET'S SEE YOU LYNCH ME D1 NOW MWAHAha)

I think I'll leave this in signups another day or two just in case there are any more prisoner's dilemma type people who didn't sign up over the weekend. Odd numbers work too, so don't let that stop you.

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 pm UTC

greendale flag.png

Community mafia

Signups:
3. Bluebambue (yay, I know some flavor)

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:33 pm UTC

Community mafia

Signups:
3. Bluebambue (yay, I know some flavor)
4. Snark (Snark Snark Snark Snark BATMAN!)

Last edited by Snark on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:35 pm UTC

Does someone know how to fix the flag?

Return to “Mafia”