Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

freezeblade

Re: Minecraft

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:13 pm UTC

eculc wrote:Building a giant wall will require LOTS of cobblestone...

Tell me about it. I have a huge cobble mine down in the dungeons of winterfell, and am about to make an extension castle in the epic mountains to the south of the castle. I've used a stupid amount of cobble. more than I care to count. Maybe not as much as the circle fort though...
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

MaFraL
Just a bit off the tip, please.

Postby MaFraL » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:31 am UTC

For whoever is on the server with the username amishdmeon, I'm making obsidian now, if you're still working on your arenas.

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 am UTC

MaFraL wrote:For whoever is on the server with the username amishdmeon, I'm making obsidian now, if you're still working on your arenas.

That would be me.

You know where it is on the map?
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

MaFraL

Postby MaFraL » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:32 am UTC

Nope, unless it's this stone ring.

Could you tell me how many blocks you'll need to make one of these? What I really need to know is the area exposed to the combatants, so it can get an obsidian casing. If I didn't explain it well before, I want to make one of the arenas out of obsidian and then allow players to do absolutely anything aimed at killing each other, aside from using diamond picks and placing more obsidian. It would also allow terrain and obstacles to be built inside, with the obsidian as a clear boundary. I'm hoping for fights involving lava and blowing things up inside :P . I can help build too, if you want. You're still building a large coliseum surrounded by several smaller ones, right?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:12 am UTC

And so I spend 3 hours developing an automated animal sorting/grouping/slaughtering/cooking machine, only to realize I should be using a looting sword. Crap.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:20 am UTC

Did a quick bit of expansion on the covered walkway on the way to the ARS/Ikari. six stacks of cobblestone slabs does not go very far. I will need a lot more cobble to complete this, and probably a couple of people to hold cobble and fend off ghasts. When I have the items for rewards to give out, I will do so.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Meem1029

Postby Meem1029 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:12 am UTC

So because of my roommate I've started doing more survival based minecraft rather than messing around with various things in creative and custom maps. How many of you remember the day that we were making the epic adventure out to the lands of Pandora? Do you remember how I was in a boat for approximately forever looking for land and then found a mooshroom island that I immediately laid claim to as my property? Well, I have now decided to take control of it. If you'd like to come say hello, feel free but there's nothing out there for now since I just got there pretty much.

Also, could someone add my friend to the whitelist. IGN is schli153.
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:40 pm UTC

Ok, I have made it to the first cavern with the walkway. I am going to setup a little homely area with a farm, supply chests, an ender chest, a portal to an overworld cobble generator, and other things if I can think of them.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

MaFraL

Postby MaFraL » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:03 am UTC

Hey, I visited the city vault and assumed from the word 'vault' that the buttons were for a combination lock and wouldn't actually do anything without the right combination. Anyway, I randomly mashed the buttons and items popped out... :oops:

I don't know how to get in to replace them without breaking the vault, so I dropped them in the double chest beside it. It spit out 3 diamond blocks, 1 gold block, 4 iron blocks, and 1 glowstone.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:12 am UTC

So here I am, middle of nowhere, not on the map yet, and suddenly, a wild bender appears.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 am UTC

I need to start coordinating on getting my path created. Easy enough to follow, once you are on it. I am going to have an enderchest at the first safehouse. Not far from the safehouse I want to build a Nether Castle. I have an idea on how I want it, but it will need to have its own farms to support it. These will happen in 1.4, when I can push pigs and cows into the nether.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 am UTC

I want more of them flying railways through the landscape.

I'm getting update-itis again. There's so much I totally want to wait for for. Anvils! Corner stairs! Paintings with items!

Melic

Postby Melic » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:18 pm UTC

Ya this update is another big one, I will have to go around my city and incorporate those corner stairs( I dont think theres is a hole lot but I may redesign the halls now that they will look beter.) Im not sure how anvils will work but I can only assume it will be awesome with just enough suck to ruin it. and im going to have to redisign my storage rooms for those new itme signs. Also carrots! I dont even have somewhere to farm coco beans yet, not that I would use them, but I may have to get a couple pig ranches around my place and just ride pigs with the speed boast from the beacons everywhere. So that subway system im building may never be used.

Also, what are the chances that scallel is back and is hangin Benderes around with tnt behind them so when you burn them to get them off your walls it blows up?
They call me Mr. Piman

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 pm UTC

Anvils are costly (32 iron each!) but they make for nice fencing and stuff.

Also, there should be a way for mods to implement custom potions from now on, like things that give you Knockback X or Jump Boost X for a certain amount of time. They work exactly as advertised.

And, dear roos: implementing custom spawners will also be easier, apparently. So you can spawn in live TNT and falling anvils from mob spawners.

And dear everyone else: Don't even get close to IWBTS from now on.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:21 pm UTC

Steax wrote:And, dear roos: implementing custom spawners will also be easier, apparently. So you can spawn in live TNT and falling anvils from mob spawners.

And dear everyone else: Don't even get close to IWBTS from now on.

Aaannnddd the Thief path just got more interesting.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:57 pm UTC

Wooden buttons, zombie children, bats, its a fun update.

Also, I put a portal down on the main road at the neighborhood. Can YOU find it?
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Meem1029

Postby Meem1029 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:31 pm UTC

Another fun (and awesome) feature for those of us who like to pretend that we're electrical engineers with redstone, it's crazy fun! The new locking repeaters are awesome.
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:08 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:Wooden buttons, zombie children, bats, its a fun update.

jestingrabbit wrote:bats, its a fun update.

jestingrabbit wrote:bats.

we can't stop here. this is bat country

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:50 pm UTC

Meem1029 wrote:Another fun (and awesome) feature for those of us who like to pretend that we're electrical engineers with redstone, it's crazy fun! The new locking repeaters are awesome.

Though I'm sure the crazy redstone guys will find some awesome use for it, I can't immediately see where I'd use that... When I first saw it I thought it'd be a memory cell or something.

To the unupdated: Pointing a repeater to another repeater's side (i.e. the inactive sides, not the input/output sides) will and powering said repeater will lock the target repeater into whatever state it is at the time of locking.

... There's probably already a really cool use for that, and I'm completely missing it.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:24 pm UTC

Steax wrote:I want more of them flying railways through the landscape.

They make for great wayfinding as well. Too bad it takes so much iron...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:43 pm UTC

Steax wrote:
Meem1029 wrote:Another fun (and awesome) feature for those of us who like to pretend that we're electrical engineers with redstone, it's crazy fun! The new locking repeaters are awesome.

Though I'm sure the crazy redstone guys will find some awesome use for it, I can't immediately see where I'd use that... When I first saw it I thought it'd be a memory cell or something.

To the unupdated: Pointing a repeater to another repeater's side (i.e. the inactive sides, not the input/output sides) will and powering said repeater will lock the target repeater into whatever state it is at the time of locking.

... There's probably already a really cool use for that, and I'm completely missing it.
If you can unlock it just as easily, it'd be useful in providing more sustained power levels to something you want on for more than a few seconds but less than five minutes.

Like if you want a sliding block doorway to only remain open for 30 seconds.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Meem1029

Postby Meem1029 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:59 pm UTC

It's locked as long as the power to the repeater is on. From the bit I've played with it I've made a 3x1x6 T flipflop and then combined them into a counter that has 4x6 modules, completely without pistons being involved so it's nice and silent.

jestingrabbit

Postby jestingrabbit » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:51 am UTC

Given that I pretty much only use redstone for piston doors, having pistons in the mix is inevitable, and I think the T flip flops that I use don't use a fixable exploit, but who knows, maybe I'll find them interesting later on.

raudorn

Postby raudorn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:15 am UTC

You guys got me interested in the server you're playing on. Which of the two is it?

jestingrabbit

Postby jestingrabbit » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:03 am UTC

Its the one at

173.237.234.102:25569

but you'll have to be whitelisted by an op.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:42 pm UTC

1.4 should be out on Wednesday. I would say maybe a week after for bukkit to update to a RB.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 pm UTC

Prepare to update the server, the 1.4 prerelease is out!

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:16 pm UTC

Roos mentioned something about planes and flying when 1.4 comes out....I made a runway for this purpose, but how would that work exactly?

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:25 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:Roos mentioned something about planes and flying when 1.4 comes out....I made a runway for this purpose, but how would that work exactly?

lol... There will be no airplanes in 1.4
I promise you.

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:00 pm UTC

Is the server down for anyone else?
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

MaFraL

Postby MaFraL » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:57 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:Roos mentioned something about planes and flying when 1.4 comes out....I made a runway for this purpose, but how would that work exactly?

The OPs are planning on using script blocks to teleport players when the blocks are activated. I guess they wanted to require structures to make it less cheaty and decided on an airplane theme rather than some kind of enderman related teleporter theme.

CombustibleLemons: The server is up now, I don't know if it was when you tried to get on.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:03 am UTC

Couldn't some OP put a command block at spawn? And program it so that if you activate it. The closest player gets teleported to Pandora.

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:23 am UTC

halgdp wrote:Couldn't some OP put a command block at spawn? And program it so that if you activate it. The closest player gets teleported to Pandora.

That is exactly the idea. Except spawn doesn't have an airport (not counting the carrier).

Hint hint.

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:13 pm UTC

Hi there.

If you are wondering why I disappeared again, its because.... SIGH I died and found myself back at spawn. (Also, Borderlands 2)

Is there any map to find my way back to Pandora? (And the way to Miner's Paradise?)

We also need to find a way to make sure that there is an unmoveable bed in miner's paradise.
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

jestingrabbit

Postby jestingrabbit » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:40 pm UTC

Maybe I'm thick, but what is "Miner's paradise"? There's talk of using a command block to make a teleport from spawn to pandora a possibility.

I'm kinda keen for the corner stairs in the update, it'll be interesting to see how they work.

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:02 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:Maybe I'm thick, but what is "Miner's paradise"?

Ah, I thought it was called that. Its the crater in the mountain that is off pandora that contains all kinds of ores.
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:19 pm UTC

That's the community project, the ores there are purely decorative and not for mining.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:54 pm UTC

mieulium wrote:Ah, I thought it was called that. Its the crater in the mountain that is off pandora that contains all kinds of ores.

It's Valhalla, unless it's renamed by someone. (who knows :?: )

Carlomagno

Postby Carlomagno » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:00 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:
mieulium wrote:Ah, I thought it was called that. Its the crater in the mountain that is off pandora that contains all kinds of ores.

It's Valhalla, unless it's renamed by someone. (who knows :?: )

As the person who named Pandora, I approve of Valhalla.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm UTC

Hey, can my bro get whitelisted? I kind of got him hooked on PC minecraft and he's been looking for a well-established community server we can play together on.

username: II_Zer0
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

Return to “Gaming”