Police misbehavior thread

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Re: Police misbehavior thread

Postby EdgarJPublius » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 am UTC

COPS uses real footage from their camera crews which follow police, no actors.

There are other shows that often style themselves as 'true crime' or similar that use actors to re-enact specific or exemplar crimes for the show, and it's pretty much always apparent when a show us using actors vs. 'real' footage.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

Iulus Cofield
WINNING

Postby Iulus Cofield » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:08 am UTC

Aren't they required to clearly state when they use actors in those shows?

Dauric
Location: In midair, traversing laterally over a container of sharks. No water, just sharks, with lasers.

Postby Dauric » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 pm UTC

Iulus Cofield wrote:Aren't they required to clearly state when they use actors in those shows?

"Clearly state" may be a tiny disclaimer in middle gray in a thin outline on the shifting background at the margin of the Screen. Think of the "clearly stated" disclaimers on pharmaceutical adverts where they actively try to draw your attention from the disclaimer. "Real" police footage draws eyeballs and ratings that staged reenactments don't.
We're in the traffic-chopper over the XKCD boards where there's been a thread-derailment. A Liquified Godwin spill has evacuated threads in a fourty-post radius of the accident, Lolcats and TVTropes have broken free of their containers. It is believed that the Point has perished.

PerchloricAcid

Postby PerchloricAcid » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:10 pm UTC

Can't seem to find any news about this event in English.

The Belgrade police violentnly behaved towards citizens who protested against the eviction of firefighter family Matić, living in Dorćol, one of the central parts of Belgrade (just a few streets away my flat, btw). The family is being illegaly evicted.
YouTube link
A woman was arrested and taken away in front of her child.

Google translate will have to do this time.

Iulus Cofield
WINNING

Postby Iulus Cofield » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 pm UTC

Shots fired during FBI warrant search in District Heights

Hughley says he was asleep in the basement when he heard a bang at the front door. His 18-year-old daughter Myasia was upstairs in her room with two friends who were spending the night. Around 6 a.m. he says he came up to the living room and saw 15 FBI SWAT agents coming inside, guns drawn.
“I’m shouting ‘Nobody is armed, nobody has a gun!’ and then all of a sudden I heard ‘She’s got a gun!’ and they just opened fire,” he says.
Hughley says he looked up and saw his daughter standing outside her bedroom in the hallway. Then he heard gunfire.
“I’ve got eight holes in my wall. One bullet went past my head, almost hit me, ricocheted off my brick wall and some of the shrap metal hit my little daughter in the back of her neck, all for nothing.” says Hughley.
Myasia was treated at a local hospital for a flesh wound and released. The Hughley’s say none of them were armed an in fact, none of them own guns. They were never told why their home was raided.
The FBI has only said agents from the Baltimore field office were there exercising a search warrant and shots were fired. Neighbors in the quiet District Heights neighborhood heard the gunfire and were stunned. There have never been any problems at the home.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 pm UTC

Iulus Cofield wrote:Shots fired during FBI warrant search in District Heights

Hughley says he was asleep in the basement when he heard a bang at the front door. His 18-year-old daughter Myasia was upstairs in her room with two friends who were spending the night. Around 6 a.m. he says he came up to the living room and saw 15 FBI SWAT agents coming inside, guns drawn.
“I’m shouting ‘Nobody is armed, nobody has a gun!’ and then all of a sudden I heard ‘She’s got a gun!’ and they just opened fire,” he says.
Hughley says he looked up and saw his daughter standing outside her bedroom in the hallway. Then he heard gunfire.
“I’ve got eight holes in my wall. One bullet went past my head, almost hit me, ricocheted off my brick wall and some of the shrap metal hit my little daughter in the back of her neck, all for nothing.” says Hughley.
Myasia was treated at a local hospital for a flesh wound and released. The Hughley’s say none of them were armed an in fact, none of them own guns. They were never told why their home was raided.
The FBI has only said agents from the Baltimore field office were there exercising a search warrant and shots were fired. Neighbors in the quiet District Heights neighborhood heard the gunfire and were stunned. There have never been any problems at the home.
Good thing they missed?
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

darkwombat

Postby darkwombat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 pm UTC

Three girls having a sleepover -- can't help wondering if someone they knew thought it would be funny to "SWAT" them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

I'm curious to know what the warrant was for and why such overwhelming (and perhaps trigger-happy) force was believed to be necessary.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:36 am UTC

Iulus Cofield wrote:Aren't they required to clearly state when they use actors in those shows?

We may be looking at a positive feedback loop.

The first person I remember documenting this behavior was a Post-Grad way back in the early MTV days.

The viewer were offered an opertunity to be interviewed in their homes.

The Socialologist was young and happy to be working for the coolest of the cool MTV. Yes. It was a long time ago.

The Socialologist asked the viewer some questions. He was, just, part of the film team. He saw something.

The viewer was reproducing in his choices of clothing and his art and to a great degree both his value system and his day to day behavior from the MTV between music talk and fashion shows.

That guy did his Ph.D. work in the area. Do not remember his name. He was interviewed on 'This American Life'. 1990's

Not much information for finding a citation.

The important part is we are'Monkey See; Monkey Do'.

Police watch COPS and COPS like shows. They
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 am UTC

Of course, Police watch those shows. The soft animal self is intrested in its own kind.

The TV is many more hours of con't ed than is required by law.

The actors and the real police making filmed entertainment together?!

That guy may not have bern lying. He may have been braging and that might get him in trouble with his boss.

The real Police may not know the person is an actor. The Police may know.

The Police watching from home my not know. Do the boring helpful Police may feel like sissys?

It could be. I have seen some weird stuff.

Do we have the right to ask these questions and not get the Royal Runn Around?

People are making money and having a wonderful time. They could turn mean if asked to stop.

What can 'the people' do?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

addams

Postby addams » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:25 pm UTC

I'm having what seems to me to be first hand experence.

I was not shot. I was not arrested.(whew. I hate that.)

It was 'nip and tuck'. Those guys scare the livin' shit outta me. To be avoided.

I went to them. They arrested Mary Sue Terry.
Cathrine told me! Cathrine can play me like a fiddle.
Cathrine was there during part of the arrest. She took photos of a car.
So, funny. The car photos were good. I'd like to see them, again.
I don't have 'the whole' story.
1. Did the Police make Cathrine leave Mary Sue Terry alone with the Police?
2. Does Cathrine know all those guys and she had other stuff to do?

Cathrine decribed the Police giving a sobrity test to a woman that had, just, climbed out of a car accedent. No one was hurt. To hear Cathrine tell the story only devine providece kept two cars from c
@

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

addams

Postby addams » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:43 pm UTC

I ran out of room.
I'm not done bithing about this. What am I bithing about?

I went to the Police. They arrested her. Remember ole Habis Corpus. Is really gone?

Mary Sue Terry would not do well in a cold concete cell. Not after a car wreck. Cathrine told me to find her. Cathrine said she had been arrested. Looking in the local bars would have been looking for her, but not finding her. I had to go to them..

One of them yelled at me and threw a tantum. He started giving me direct orders. Was that tweerp frightened of me? They scare easy?

Yep..They wear vests. They are armed. They could also use a Miss Manners Course.
The whole nation could.

He yelled at me! Brat. Then he took off to tattle

We learn manners from who?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

addams

Postby addams » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 pm UTC

He told me he knew where she was.
He told me he knew who she was.

He gave me a direct order to get into my car. I followed thst order and I followed him.

When I walked in I heard him tell the other cop, " There."
That Police was over dressed, too. Not quiet as skiddish. But; What is up with those guys?

I came close to being arrested because I came close to people that do that for fun and profit and fun and stories. And; When they are on duty they should be better boys.

I did not see mature leval headed adults. My eyes saw an eight year old reporting to a 14 year old.

I hid behind my orders."Cathrine told me to find Mary Sue's body." "Is she alive?" Yes. I am qualified to know that. The older guy and I had fun. Until I showed intrest in a skull and cross bones faternal banner of some kind. The conversation stopped there. What is that culture?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Green9090

Postby Green9090 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:38 am UTC

Okay seriously, is addams for real or some kind of elaborate performance artist? Every post he makes reads like a strange freeform poem.
Belial wrote:A man with more arms than the entire hindu pantheon and thirty goddamn dicks has no time for logic! He must consume ever more bacon to fuel his incalculable manhood!

HungryHobo

Postby HungryHobo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:37 am UTC

addams: you do know you can keep writing even when you reach the bottom of the textbox right?
it just scrolls.

posts can be huge, many times the size of anything you posted there.
Give a man a fish, he owes you one fish. Teach a man to fish, you give up your monopoly on fisheries.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 pm UTC

Green9090 wrote:Okay seriously, is addams for real or some kind of elaborate performance artist? Every post he makes reads like a strange freeform poem.

I do find her text poetic.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

induction

Postby induction » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:31 pm UTC

addams is my favorite poet.

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 pm UTC

http://kfor.com/2013/01/07/pregnant-pau ... s-in-jail/

Spoiler:
Pregnant Pauls Valley mother dies in jail

PAULS VALLEY, Okla. – A Pauls Valley family is forced to deal with tragedy after a 33-year-old mother dies from a medical condition while being held at the Garvin County jail.

The victim in this case is Jamie Lynn Russell.

Jamie also used the last name of Fisher.

Her death came just hours after she went to the hospital seeking help for severe abdominal pain.

“Jamie was seeking help; she was in extreme pain,” family friend Kemper Kimberlin said.

Hospital staff reported Jamie wouldn’t cooperate, in too much pain to even lie down, so employees asked a Pauls Valley police officer to assist.

Unfortunately, when police found two prescription pills that didn’t belong to Jamie, police took her to jail for drug possession.

That’s where Jamie sat for less than two hours before being found unresponsive.

“There is nothing my staff in the jail could’ve done differently,” Garvin County sheriff Larry Rhodes said.

Sheriff Rhodes points out the hospital staff authorized Jamie’s release to their custody.

“She had a medical release from the hospital stating that she was fit for incarceration,” Rhodes said.

The state medical examiner’s office confirms Jamie died from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy, where an embryo implants outside the uterus.

“It’s very regrettable for the family,” Rhodes said. “My heart and prayers go out to them.”

Still, those who knew Jamie blame the hospital staff, not the sheriff, for neglecting to care for the 33-year-old pregnant mother.

“We want to see this come to light,” Kemper said. “Something’s wrong and needs to be fixed.”

The sheriff did call in the OSBI to investigate.

A spokesperson for that agency said their investigation is basically complete.

They did not find any criminal wrongdoing on the part of the jail staff.

Wanking off your arrest erection takes precedence over EVERYTHING, even life.

The cop is a warrior in neverending war against crime, and this pregnant woman, not being a cop, was obviously a suspicious character. So when the warrior found those two pills, he discovered her true identity--a soldier lacking uniform--a spy! Geneva Convention says it is acceptable to kill spies. This warrior was doing his duty.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:55 am UTC

That's more of a "hospitals being dicks" story, although there are elements of police misbehaviour involved.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:26 am UTC

I am so sorry this happened.

Ectopic pregnancies are very, very painful.
That is the bad news.
Once the falopian tube ruptures the pain stops.
That is the good news.

The woman bleeds to death. From her perspective the pain stopped and she got sleepy.

It could happen anywhere? The arresting officer has some explaininging to do. That! Jack and needs some con't ed. The hospital needs to review patient care.

Who signed the medical release?
The words for that are Manslaughter. Right?
The police, too. It would be nice to communicate to these people.

Listen to the people!! I know it is hard!
People are very difficult, while they are alive.
They become quiet and compliant when dead.

The Police will get off the hook on this one.
Who signed that release form?
Why were the Police called?
That place needs new pt. care procedures.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

addams

Postby addams » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 am UTC

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... ant_d.html

When an officer turns his weapon on himself, I consider it misbehavior.
It is a long strange conversation.

Something drove this one man to take his own life.
What? It is a private matter?
Yes. It is a private matter.

Should! My head is full of Shoulds.
What should we do?
Are the People of the US very, very hard to Police?

Rumors. The news is only rumor, anyway.
The job? No. Not the job. The job provided the tool. It's an easy tool for a person trained to use it.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 am UTC

darkwombat wrote:Three girls having a sleepover -- can't help wondering if someone they knew thought it would be funny to "SWAT" them.

I'm curious to know what the warrant was for and why such overwhelming (and perhaps trigger-happy) force was believed to be necessary.

No knock raids have gotten out of control, IMO. Seriously, some common sense needs to be used. If all you have to go on is an anonymous tip, perhaps you shouldn't blow in the door and break out the entry team. Maybe, like...send someone to drive by and see what it looks like. Maybe knock on the door if it's warranted.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:15 am UTC

Tyndmyr wrote:
darkwombat wrote:Three girls having a sleepover -- can't help wondering if someone they knew thought it would be funny to "SWAT" them.

No knock raids have gotten out of control, IMO. Seriously, some common sense needs to be used. If all you have to go on is an anonymous tip, perhaps you shouldn't blow in the door and break out the entry team. Maybe, like...send someone to drive by and see what it looks like. Maybe knock on the door if it's warranted.

FUCK THAT, THEY MIGHT BE TRRSTS. WE CAN'T AFFORD TO FUCK AROUND WITH TERRSTS. THIS IS MRCA.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:20 pm UTC

Tyndmyr wrote:

Just scheduling a drive by and only entering if thinks look funky is a TERRIBLE idea. I think a case where that happened when some people were getting raped is ITT.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 am UTC

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/0 ... 68491.html

Billings, Montana police say the 6 am raid they conducted in October 2012 was part of an investigation into a suspected meth lab. But there was no meth lab. And the 12-year-old daughter of Jackie Fasching suffered severe burns after the SWAT team used a broomstick to drop a flash grenade through a window into a bedroom where the girl and her sister were sleeping.

Another important point to consider:

As for the flash grenade, Fasching said it “blew the nails out of the drywall." There's also the matter of why, if they were looking for a meth lab, the police would have set off flash grenades in the first place. Meth labs are known to explode.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:20 pm UTC

I'm confused as to why the flash grenade was needed? Let's say there was a non-explody meth lab in the house, and the people they dropped the flash grenade on weren't minors. How is it acceptable behavior even in this hypothetical situation?

Also:
Fasching's husband, who suffers from congenital heart disease and liver failure, was in fact attempting to open the door to let the cops in just as they knocked it down.

...I mean, I think this quote, taken out of context, sums things up nicely:

It was[...] totally unplanned and extremely regrettable.

Aceo

Postby Aceo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:00 am UTC

How can they be so rushed as to be unplanned? I mean, aren't meth labs somewhat hard to dismantle and move? There's time for planning in a situation like this.
GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:33 am UTC

Also, aren't police supposed to be able to handle unplanned events? Do people generally file requests for assistance one day in advance, if they are going to be burgled or robbed?
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist
- Bernard Woolley in Yes, Prime Minister

Metaphysician

Postby Metaphysician » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:30 pm UTC

Iulus Cofield wrote:Shots fired during FBI warrant search in District Heights

Time for a fucking lawsuit.

Since when is an anonymous tip probable cause? I mean shit, if that's probable cause then what's to stop cops from just calling in anonymous tips themselves?
What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.
-Kurt Vonnegut

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:46 pm UTC

Metaphysician wrote:Since when is an anonymous tip probable cause? I mean shit, if that's probable cause then what's to stop cops from just calling in anonymous tips themselves?

I know this is rhetorical, but: nothing would stop cops from calling in anonymous tips themselves except the goodness of their hearts in which they choose to be ethical. Not something we should rely on, for sure.

Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

BB wrote:Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, a disgruntled former officer with the Los Angeles police department, is suspected of shooting three police officers Thursday morning and murdering a couple in Irvine earlier this week.

He also posted a wacky 11,000-word manifesto with shout-outs to Anonymous, Charlie Sheen, and "Mister Bill Cosby," then tried to steal a boat in San Diego and flee to Mexico.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

Sad. Dorner's actions are reprehensible.
The LAPD have accidentally shot two people in the process of pursuing Dorner.

Also sad. If you follow the link you'll see that it wasn't even related to Dorner at all, they just thought it was because the car looked similar.

addams

Postby addams » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

Роберт wrote:Sad. Dorner's actions are reprehensible.
The LAPD have accidentally shot two people in the process of pursuing Dorner.

Also sad. If you follow the link you'll see that it wasn't even related to Dorner at all, they just thought it was because the car looked similar.

The poor man.
If all of that is true, then Police Misbehavior is where that belongs.

Did I read it right?
He stated, A fellow Officer kicked a civilian.
It was proven to be untrue?

Now; Things are worse.
There is no way for this to end well.

Have you ever seen a wall of Blue form?
Impressive.
A mob is a mob. A well equipped mob with training is an Army or Police Force.

The man was driven to despair. Right?
The poor man and all The People.
The poor Police are all jumpy.

It is a well paid job.
The qualifications are not all that high.
If some quit over this, they will be replaced, quickly and quietly.

Interesting Story. How does it fit into the collage?
Are we seeing a patten, yet? What do you see?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 pm UTC

Роберт wrote:
Tyndmyr wrote:

Just scheduling a drive by and only entering if thinks look funky is a TERRIBLE idea. I think a case where that happened when some people were getting raped is ITT.

There's room inbetween. Like, say, knocking on the door first and yelling police. That doesn't seem excessive, and should not cause great delay, so it should be ok in all but the most urgent cases.

Also, yes, flash grenades need to be used carefully. And broomstick? Holy crap, who taught these guys entry procedures? Reno 911? You only use a flashbang if you really, really need to storm heavily armed assailants or the like.

And yeah, an anonymous tip, by itself, should not be reason for such things. Reason to knock on the door and see if the allegations are legit? Sure. Reasons to play cowboy? Not so much.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

Right. If there's a tip, they should investigate. If someone reports a crime in progress (like burglary or rape) they should at least speak to someone on the residence and try to make sure everything is okay. This does NOT mean no-knocking, busting the door down, and shooting the hell out of anything that looks like it has a gun. The problem is getting it right is hard and guessing wrong can get you killed. Right now we see a lot of times where the cops play it "safe" with their own lives, putting the lives of others at risk. If we need more funds to keep things on track, so be it, but I feel there's got to be a better way.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 pm UTC

Calling out the swat team and blowing everything up is generally hella more expensive than a more reasoned response anyway. I don't think we need more money to act in a decent fashion, just somewhat more rational reactions and policies.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

Роберт wrote:Right. If there's a tip, they should investigate. If someone reports a crime in progress (like burglary or rape) they should at least speak to someone on the residence and try to make sure everything is okay.

Slightly on topic, but here in Oakland (California) if you call for any other purpose than a voilent crime being comitted, they won't even show up, let along call you back to make sure everything's ok. You can call about a house getting broken into, and they won't even show up untill the home-owner calls afterwards, possibly as much as a day later.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:14 pm UTC

That sounds more typical of MD, yeah. Depends what neighborhood you're in, of course, though. When I lived in a rough area, merely having a few things stolen wasn't going to impress the police. They might show up, eventually, if nothing interesting was going on, to take a report and do absolutely nothing with it. Nicer neighborhoods get better responses in general.

Now, on the overreaction side of things, police have confused a couple different vehicles for Dorners, and shot the hell out of them. Two women have been shot as part of these obvious overreactions...they don't look anything like the man, and clearly, even the most cursory of checks would have revealed it wasn't the person they were looking for.

If a private person shot someone else because of such a flimsy mis-identification, we'd be put away. Apparently, though, this is a-ok police work.

KnightExemplar

Postby KnightExemplar » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:19 pm UTC

The whole "Christopher Dorner" is a fuck-up on all sides.

Why the hell are there so many comments online in support of this guy? I understand criticism on the Police for their mistakes (LAPD should have never hired Dorner. They clearly need better hiring practices, and some sort of mental evaluations to stop bullies / crazies from entering the police force. They also shouldn't have shot those innocents who drove a car similar to Dorner's).

But why the hell is anyone supporting Dorner? If it were just one or two people, then I can ignore it as a troll. But look at the comments of this article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-575 ... to-hunted/
First Strike +1/+1 and Indestructible.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

I suspect it's less a case of them being pro-Dorner, and more a case of them being anti-police. Enemy of my enemy and all that.

Way I see it, even if he's entirely correct, and never lied, which I suppose is possible, he's still targeting people that didn't harm him. Shooting the guy who set you up? Well, perhaps not legally a good idea, but movies have been made around the subject. Shooting the children of the guy who didn't defend you from being set up? Aright, now you're just going berserk.

So, even if he IS right, which I really can't know, literally being on the far side of the country, his actions are still unjustifiable, but some people have enough frustration with the authorities to cheer whenever bad things happen to them. This is very, very worrying. You don't want the public viewing law enforcement as the enemy, and if that's happening, somethings gone very far amiss.

engr

Postby engr » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:52 pm UTC

KnightExemplar wrote:But why the hell is anyone supporting Dorner?

The murderer is anti-police, pro-Democrat, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control, anti-NRA...
Why wouldn't liberals support him?

For the "this is a right-wing blog, I won't believe anything they say there" crowd: Huff Post's updated version.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. Gilbert K. Chesterton

Return to “News & Articles”