1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ChronosDragon

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed May 01, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

123Adz321 wrote:
Pikrass wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Since I'm finally back in the present, guess I'll comment on this now:

Doesn't that look awful flat for a river?

Well, the sea¹ was pretty flat too, even though it was rising and thus should have had waves.

¹ big

Perhaps it is a more viscous liquid than water, and therefore less affected by wind/motion?

Such as...seven up? What'd you expect me to say, semenatedcancercoffeebabies? Pssht, everyone knows that's far less viscous than water. Despite most of the constituent parts being more viscous. It's science-tifically proven, don't question it.

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 pm UTC

It looks like they're refilling their water bags, so hopefully won't have to use the steam bottle (ugh) after all.
Last edited by Tatiana on Wed May 01, 2013 10:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 pm UTC

Purplepants77 wrote:
Valarya wrote:edit: Anyone else notice how cute it is that, once the Blitzrandir Singularity occurred, the OTT sped up so quickly that it put several 'regulars' far in the past post-coma so they had to Blitz the thread of Time to catch up to her? It makes me smile every morningoutside to see the :shock: in people's posts about how many newpages they've missed.

This is exactly how I feel! I may not comment as much as a "regular" but I have been very dutifully keeping up with every update and comment since about 200 pages in and now that BlitzGirl caught up and the fading became a huge deal, everybody is commenting so much that I'm still almost 30 Newpages back! And I'm devoting as much Time as ever haha. For the record, if people still care about this, I'm almost 23. I did vote in the poll and I am blind posting this so for all I know this is irrelevant. But I'm posting anyway! Just because I can!

Hope the future is awesome up there, I really want to get there soon and find out what has been happening in the OTC, but I won't cheat and the fastest thing I have is this kayak!

Honestly I was lazy and just jumped right in, I wasn't going to read 200+ pages to catch up, lol. I still don't get 1/4 of the references, but I am slowly catching on. But keep this quite, I don't want people to know I am winging it...
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Wed May 01, 2013 10:35 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
123Adz321 wrote:
Pikrass wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Since I'm finally back in the present, guess I'll comment on this now:

Well, the sea¹ was pretty flat too, even though it was rising and thus should have had waves.

¹ big

Perhaps it is a more viscous liquid than water, and therefore less affected by wind/motion?

Such as...seven up? What'd you expect me to say, semenatedcancercoffeebabies? Pssht, everyone knows that's far less viscous than water. Despite most of the constituent parts being more viscous. It's science-tifically proven, don't question it.

Yes, I've known some pretty vicious sodas in my time. *nod nods*

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed May 01, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Purplepants77 wrote:
Valarya wrote:edit: Anyone else notice how cute it is that, once the Blitzrandir Singularity occurred, the OTT sped up so quickly that it put several 'regulars' far in the past post-coma so they had to Blitz the thread of Time to catch up to her? It makes me smile every morningoutside to see the :shock: in people's posts about how many newpages they've missed.

This is exactly how I feel! I may not comment as much as a "regular" but I have been very dutifully keeping up with every update and comment since about 200 pages in and now that BlitzGirl caught up and the fading became a huge deal, everybody is commenting so much that I'm still almost 30 Newpages back! And I'm devoting as much Time as ever haha. For the record, if people still care about this, I'm almost 23. I did vote in the poll and I am blind posting this so for all I know this is irrelevant. But I'm posting anyway! Just because I can!

Hope the future is awesome up there, I really want to get there soon and find out what has been happening in the OTC, but I won't cheat and the fastest thing I have is this kayak!

Honestly I was lazy and just jumped right in, I wasn't going to read 200+ pages to catch up, lol. I still don't get 1/4 of the references, but I am slowly catching on. But keep this quite, I don't want people to know I am winging it...

Keep it quite what? I MUST KNOW

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Spoiler:
buffygirl wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:I wonder if they're going to cross it now...

buffygirl wrote:Now accepting NO new hat requests until further notice ....

Out of curiosity, how many hat requests do you currently have?

- 5 1/2 in the Hat Queue Mob (the half represents a request that is more of a nomination by someone else than a direct request)
- Another 3 in the phqmm
- And 1 in the former HQM who has now cancelled his order and hurt my feelings :( (well, not really. and I might still make him a hat anyway.)

If there is a cancelation is there any way to fill that slot with a request?
PS: Love your avatar

NO NO NO. No. *dashes around the buffydashery with great aplume* There's just too much to keep track of, any changes to the list (besides being removed) is strictly prohibited. *waves a feather around for emphasis* can't you see what a mess this place is???

Edit: Thank you re: my avi.

Edit2: You were post number 19600! Woot!

19600? Sweet!
And yeah it is a mess, maybe you should employ a maid...
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 01, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

mscha wrote:http://www.mscha.org/tmp/xkcd/index.cgi now lists, for each frame:

• frame number;
  • link to image downloaded at *ONG;
  • link to image on XKCD servers;
  • If the above images are different, link to image showing differences.

Moved to a less, well, temporary location: http://xkcd.mscha.org/

Also, a slight clarification: the fourth item (differences) is not determined ‘live’. It takes a couple of hours to run that – it needs to re-download all frames from the XKCD servers and do a pixel-by-pixel comparison – so I'll just run it once every few days or so, especially if there's some indication that the Lord Randall, in His infinite wisdom, has been changing things.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Spoiler:
buffygirl wrote:

- 5 1/2 in the Hat Queue Mob (the half represents a request that is more of a nomination by someone else than a direct request)
- Another 3 in the phqmm
- And 1 in the former HQM who has now cancelled his order and hurt my feelings :( (well, not really. and I might still make him a hat anyway.)

If there is a cancelation is there any way to fill that slot with a request?
PS: Love your avatar

NO NO NO. No. *dashes around the buffydashery with great aplume* There's just too much to keep track of, any changes to the list (besides being removed) is strictly prohibited. *waves a feather around for emphasis* can't you see what a mess this place is???

Edit: Thank you re: my avi.

Edit2: You were post number 19600! Woot!

Why do I really like the idea of the buffydashery, a place bristling with Quills, Feathers, Pins, Felt, Steam Bottles, Ribbons, Flowers, and Cats just meandering about in a haphazard(but carefully organized to the correctly trained eye) manner.
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:

- Another 3 in the phqmm

If you do make me a hat anyway, I'll put it on my hat.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

Just noticed Blitzgirl's comic isn't on the wiki. Or did I miss it?
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed May 01, 2013 10:49 pm UTC

patzer wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

- Another 3 in the phqmm

I know for a fact that this was referenced somewhere earlier in the thread, but some of us may end up looking like this at some point:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 01, 2013 10:53 pm UTC

Valarya - it's on the One True Thread page, since that was looking rather empty. :)

Purplepants77 wrote:

This is exactly how I feel! I may not comment as much as a "regular" but I have been very dutifully keeping up with every update and comment since about 200 pages in and now that BlitzGirl caught up and the fading became a huge deal, everybody is commenting so much that I'm still almost 30 Newpages back! <snip>

Oh yes, this effect is due to conservation of blitzmentum. I was doing some speedy blitzing, and when I abruptly hit the Now, I imparted the blitz to many, many thread-dwellers. Think of me as a cue ball (heh) breaking all of the other balls apart into their own little blitzes.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
patzer wrote:
buffygirl wrote:

- Another 3 in the phqmm

I know for a fact that this was referenced somewhere earlier in the thread, but some of us may end up looking like this at some point:

I was going to request a hat for my helmet and go from there, lol.

123Adz321

Postby 123Adz321 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:55 pm UTC

I feel this is somewhat relevant:

http://youtu.be/HDI2EmYH98I?t=59s
Last edited by 123Adz321 on Wed May 01, 2013 10:57 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Dear Time travellers, I bring a gift from the future: A userscript for Chrome (Tampermonkey) or Firefox (Greasemonkey)
This will convert outside time to the One True Time of Newpix
- Courtesy of Pikrass
Spoiler:

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed May 01, 2013 10:55 pm UTC

*kisses the ground of the Present* Hmm, what is this, semencancercoffiebabies?

I just Blitzed to the Present and I have to pee so bad. Wat..What is going on? *spritzes HAL9000* uh, woops. *towels down HAL9000* (There was no pee involved in the spritzing. UNINTENTIONAL!)

BlitzGirl wrote:
Exodies wrote:Also, I've been avatar'd by KarMann! :D (Is that a thing?) What an honor!

If I can get a cookie hat* for my cute "lmao firefox", I'll be next. What do you say buffygirl, no hard feelings, hat me? Minus thong, of course. lol.

Note: If you're too busy, maybe it would be okay to grant a single use hatmaker request to BlitzGirl to cookiefy me.

*My gf's idea. :)

yappobiscuits wrote:Excerpt from The Lord of the Bags, The Fellowship of the Bag
<snip/>

Great prose! Yep, you might have got included in BlitzGirl's comic as an active poster with that kind of material.

StormAngel wrote:I'd have done so sooner, but I've been busy making my bed,
Spoiler:
This bed
Click the pic to see the construction pics

This is wholly off-topic, but it was worth a mention. Love it. Love the woodwork (hehe). Love the built in lamp. Sweet! Uh, where's the completed pic? PLZSHOW!!++

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 11:03 pm UTC

123Adz321 wrote:I feel this is somewhat relevant:

http://youtu.be/HDI2EmYH98I?t=59s

So wait, we are all becoming TF2 characters? I call pyro!

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Wed May 01, 2013 11:04 pm UTC

nobody?...mightyswellONG

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 01, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:<snip>

Scary stuff!
Spoiler:
#455: Hats

Title Text: ...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Reka

Postby Reka » Wed May 01, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

spamjam wrote:...mightyswellONG

Is that an eggcorn for "might as well", or is it some obscure reference that flew way over my head?

Caswallon

Postby Caswallon » Wed May 01, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

spamjam wrote:nobody?...mightyswellONG
Spoiler:

So apparently, the river water is potable. That's really interesting when compared to their reactions drinking from the Sea!
histrion wrote:"Gunaxf gb gur Grzcbeny Vyyhzvangv, zl jbex cebqhpgvivgl unf qrpernfrq qenzngvpnyyl! Gunaxf, Rayvtugrarq Barf!"

Precepter and historian of the Chruch of the Newpage. achoo

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

Scary stuff!
Spoiler:

After reading your sig I think we should create a group blog (for all present) all about our chronicling our adventures in seeking the meaning of OTC

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:12 pm UTC

I love this thread. It just cracks me up that this post about computer sex:

pdg wrote:
Spoiler:
Opiboble wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
KarMann wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I don't know how a computer can high five, but I'll try to imagine it.

Nope. Can't. Whatever, yay for Abney Park!

Eject your CD tray, I'll slap it.

That sounded kinkier than I intended.

Do HAL 9000s even have CD trays?

Yes. And ethernet ports, if you catch my drift. We can do a little... networking.

I say! *fans self* ...is it getting hot in here?

Sorry. I'm doing quite a few... computations.

Do you prefer Cat 5e or Cat 6?
Do you like your pairs twisted?

Added: Or maybe you like your ethernet thicker.

I also have a firewire port, if you're into that.

Aah! And here I am stuck in the days of serial monogamy. XON, XOFF. XON, XOFF.

Kinky! I like doing it old school!

What, like bit-twiddling using only lights and switches? This is getting steamy...

is followed immediately by this very dry1, serious2, scientific3 discussion of the river.4

123Adz321 wrote:
Spoiler:
Pikrass wrote:

¹ big

1 Even though they're talking about liquid.
2 Well, as serious as it gets in this thread
3 ish
4 Which is small.And apparently potable.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 01, 2013 11:13 pm UTC

Time for a river² level update, for a change. :) This is the difference with 5 newpix ago, when they just arrived on the scene.
Some slight waving action, but no rise or drop (or retreat) that we can see.

¹: big⁴
²: small³
³: well, smaller than the sea, in any case.
⁴: who says a footnote must be referred to?
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed May 01, 2013 11:14 pm UTC

azule wrote:<snip>
yappobiscuits wrote:Excerpt from The Lord of the Bags, The Fellowship of the Bag
<snip/>

Great prose! Yep, you might have got included in BlitzGirl's comic as an active poster with that kind of material.

Well, I don't want anyone getting the impression I actually came up with any of that! It's virtually entirely taken from Tolkien's original, just with a few things twerked to make it about the OTC instead. But hmm, maybe some actual original OTC fanfic may happen... maybe...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

453/491. I seem to have regained whatever ground I lost between coma and work, and I'm under 40 pages to go again. Woo! I'll have to break to update the quotes wiki again, though. My browser's tab bar is filling with all the things to be wiki'd. Dangitall, stop being so quotable! All of you!

The Fading, with all its goodbyes, worries and nervous anticipation has passed. Celebration over a new eon/aeon (did you guys ever get that sorted out? Guess I'll have to see...) is in full swing, merging with the continued celebration over The Great Meeting with Blitzgirl. Truly a joyful period indeed. All the more joyful because I can read without Ctrl-A again. :P

Wall of replies:
Spoiler:
Kethryes wrote:18000th Post!!!

Edit: a Cake to celebrate :mrgreen:

That cake... ah, screw it. I've already been ninja'd at least a dozen times, right? Right?
*glances left* *glances right* *glances left again* It's a lie! 8-)

pelrigg wrote:
sford wrote:
sford wrote:It reminds me of a medical show "flat line". I hope something more happens to rid me of that mental image.

Edit: (Sound effect: beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...)

Oh good, it was just the microwave beeping. My lunch is ready.

(Wow, two posts in the same year. I've suddenly become verbose!)

I'm with you there.
This is the most posts I've put in my entire interwebbing, let alone in one day.Enjoy your lunch.

posting.php?mode=edit&f=7&p=3341582#

^^That's supposed to be the wide-eyed smile-face. What did I did WRONG???^^

You wouldn't happen to have Javascript disabled, would you? When you click the smiley image, it summons a Javascript ninja to put the smiley code in for you. If JS is disabled the ninja cannot be summoned, so all your browser can do is put in the link to the smiley-maker.

Let me guess: you're using Firefox with NoScript. So familiar <3 I still hand-type most tags because I'm used to them not working. If you're up for doing that too, the smiley in question is : shock : with no spacing between the :'s and the "shock". :shock:

woods wrote:Edit: Apparently my comments get stuck in Time while they go through an approval process...

You only need to get one approved for them all to show up without moderation. Patience, young Padawan. ;)

bnlband44 wrote:Long time lurker on this thread. First comment. I hadn't been following every newpix but checked in periodically and happened to catch the last frame before fade-out. Now I am hooked again.

Had to throw another Black and White song in the mix.

The dBs - Black and White

Another F1rst P0st I figured I'd bring forward for you guys in the future. Somebody was making a playlist of Time back here, maybe this song will be useful for you.

Kieryn wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Kieryn wrote:I'm so glad that the OTC is interesting, Though I'm sure if Randall had posted the equivalent of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhoOFLSIjGg frame by frame, we would still be watching and commenting pretty much the same.

True, though I would rather it be more like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqFbgKrVhsg

Sorry... I had to do this:

I think this conclusively proves the point of Time: Randall is simply proving the accuracy of his past comics, one by one. And maybe even pre-proving the accuracy of future comics? Or would that be preprocessing, compile-style? We know how long that can take, after all.

Tometheus wrote:As the only member of the One TRUE Church of Time1, I come forth as a representative to welcome BlitzGirl to the present(s). (I was actually awake and reading the thread when the convergence occurred, but haven't been able to post until now.)

Excuse me a second, can I grab one of those bagels?

Now, where was I? Oh right, When you start your prophesied work of bringing about the religious singularity, uniting the schisms, with regard to the character others have called "Le Petit", we request to be allowed to keep calling her The Great Pixie. It is our one true belief5

[preach]...and to those who profess to believe in BlitzGirl as the fulfillment of prophecy, I say woe to you who have been lured away from your faith by the promise of haberdashery! Does none of you find it suspicious that their pope, Helper, has disappeared and some Cardinal has quietly seized power, bringing you all under the spell of a finely turned hat??[/preach]

(My those hats DO look nice though.)

1 Our one belief is the use of "NewPixies" as the plural of NewPix 2
2 also TimeFrames is heretical3 (being a word the Outsiders use)
3 Our TWO beliefs are that "Newpixies" is the proper plural, that "TimeFrames" is heretical, and the castles are made for pixies.4
4 Our THREE beliefs are... can we start over?
5 damn!

I didn't expect that!
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed May 01, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Scary stuff!
Spoiler:

After reading your sig I think we should create a group blog (for all present) all about our chronicling our adventures in seeking the meaning of OTC

Oh! Hadn't noticed that blog before

BlitzGirl's in Tacoma?? That's practically a few minutes away! Well, if you own a private jet, anyway. Which I don't. Still, it's quite cheering to know I live in the same state as such a relentless follower of Time :D

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed May 01, 2013 11:24 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Valarya - it's on the One True Thread page, since that was looking rather empty. :)

*cheers!*
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

jdj42

Postby jdj42 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 pm UTC

I wonder how long this drinking will last.

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Wed May 01, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

jdj42 wrote:I wonder how long this drinking will last.

Well, it seems for now, they're probably still in de Nile, so it might be a while until they get to rehab.
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

I say that every night.

Oops, may have revealed a little too much there...

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed May 01, 2013 11:34 pm UTC

All this drinking got me thinking. The OTC would make an excellent drinking game! To be played while watching back, of course - over several days/weeks it would hardly be much of a drinking game!

- Drink every time a character in the OTC drinks from a body of liquid
- Drink every time a structure is destroyed
- Drink again if it was by the sea1
- Small drink for every time M & C say something about the river
- Big drink for every time M & C say something about the sea
- When a character reenters the frame after being away, drink in relief
- When Cueball looks at the Fourth Wall, drink in encouragement
- When LaPetite appears, finish the glass

Can you do it? :D
What's that? Will I try? Of course not, I'm below the US drinking age ;)

1Which is big

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
*snip*

1Which is big

Yeah that is what they all say, then drink anyway

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Opiboble wrote:After reading your sig I think we should create a group blog (for all present) all about our chronicling our adventures in seeking the meaning of OTC

BlitzGirl's in Tacoma?? That's practically a few minutes away! Well, if you own a private jet, anyway. Which I don't. Still, it's quite cheering to know I live in the same state as such a relentless follower of Time :D

Yes, though I hope to be moving closer to Seattle in a month or two :P

Doesn't the OTT kind of fulfill the function of a group blog? Though it is a fun idea, Opiboble!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

jdj42

Postby jdj42 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:

Well, it seems for now, they're probably still in de Nile, so it might be a while until they get to rehab.

I was asking for that, wasn't I?

jdj42

Postby jdj42 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:All this drinking got me thinking. The OTC would make an excellent drinking game! To be played while watching back, of course - over several days/weeks it would hardly be much of a drinking game!

- Drink every time a character in the OTC drinks from a body of liquid
- Drink every time a structure is destroyed
- Drink again if it was by the sea1
- Small drink for every time M & C say something about the river
- Big drink for every time M & C say something about the sea
- When a character reenters the frame after being away, drink in relief
- When Cueball looks at the Fourth Wall, drink in encouragement
- When LaPetite appears, finish the glass

Can you do it? :D

1Which is big

We must add the total number of drinks per frame to the book of time pages.

Edit: Can someone please work on the book of time pages?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed May 01, 2013 11:40 pm UTC

Expanding on that, there could even be an OTT drinking game!

-Drink every -ONG
-Drink again if someone else does it and gets ninja'd
-Drink every time someone is issued with a fabulous hat
-Drink every time the sizes of the river (small) and the sea (big) are mentioned
-Drink for every song parody
-Finish your drink when someone arrives in the present after blitzing

(any more suggestions?)

jdj42

Postby jdj42 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

I have a question. Does the body of water that Megan and Cueball are currently at look big? or does it look small?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 01, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

It is a River, and therefore small.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed May 01, 2013 11:45 pm UTC

Although I must admit, I expected it to be smaller.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 01, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Opiboble wrote:After reading your sig I think we should create a group blog (for all present) all about our chronicling our adventures in seeking the meaning of OTC

Yes, though I hope to be moving closer to Seattle in a month or two :P

Doesn't the OTT kind of fulfill the function of a group blog? Though it is a fun idea, Opiboble!

I was thinking it would be a one post a day sort of thing, mainly to condense all important developments on a daily basis. Like new acronyms, popes, hat/butter stores, and the like. That way people could read the blog really quick if they don't have time to read the 30+ pages that were made over the weekend or something.

I know that is covered by the wiki quite a bit, but it is hard to tell what is new on the wiki and it isn't always updated.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”