1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu May 02, 2013 1:05 am UTC

My new hat is terrific :D Many thanks, O Buffygirl Maker Of Hats

Cueball is such a klutz. I should have added "immersion in a body of liquid" to the drinking game :P
Image

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:06 am UTC

Helper wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:They are all utterly fantabulous, that was my point!

*sighs with relief*
It sorta reminds me of the instructions for haircoloring. They say, "for stubborn grey hair, add 10 minutes," and I'm like, "ok, are they saying ALL grey hairs are stubborn, or are they referring to the grey hairs that are particularly petulant?"

Soap is worse.
'for dry to oily skin'
So, skin.
<snip>

Or promotional sales: "New at KFC! Get a bucket of dildos with gun sauce and boomerang sticks for up to 50% off or more! Or less! We don't know..."

Ah, advertising.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
jjjdavidson
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:40 pm UTC
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu May 02, 2013 1:07 am UTC

(Someone's probably already ninja'd me with this one, but as I've said before I'm no BlitzGirl.)

"Wonderful Walk"
(Imagine this in Cueball's voice)1

Don't know nothin' 'bout hydrology.
Don't know much geology.
Do okay at arkitekcher1 though,
But don't know why I always build so slow.

But I do know how to build with sand,
And with you with me to lend a hand,
What a wonderful day by the sea.

Don't know much about the hills and all.
Don't know where the rain's s'posed to fall.
Don't know much about the risin' sea.
Don't know who that little girl could be.

But I do know how to walk all day,
And with you with me to lead the way,
What a wonderful walk this would be.

Now I don't claim to be an ex-plorer,
But I'm tryin' to be.
And I think that maybe
A walk with you, baby,
Might a-splain this world to me.

Don't know why the dirt was turning gray.2
Don't know how to aim a trebuchet.3
Don't know why the water tastes so foul.5
Don't know if I thought to pack a towel.8

But the sea is big; the river's small.
And with you with me too see it all,
What a wonderful walk this would be.


1. What, you don't know what Cueball's voice sounds like? Haven't you been listening?
1. "Don't know how to spell arkitekcher."
2. "And smelling like mustard."
3. "But I can spell it!"
5. "But I've had worse."
8. "I'm no hoopy frood."

Edit: Fixed footnote numbers. 1 2 many people complained.
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Thu May 02, 2013 1:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 02, 2013 1:09 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:<snip>
Meanwhile I'm roughly halfway caught up, and have found my first signpost! Also updated the quotes wiki to clear out my tab-bar, and found that we're up to 150 quotes. Again I say, all of you stop being so quotable!

Congrats on reaching your first signpost!
(It is worth noting that we have close to 20,000 posts in this thread, so really, 150 quotes isn't too bad. :D )

Aah! The River is eating Cueball! Save him, Megan! Though it be small, it is fierce!
(it is too late for the dilgunnerang)

And bravo, jjjdavidson! Bravo!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
xpatiate
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:02 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby xpatiate » Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 am UTC

Is anyone else concerned about what is happening to Cueball? Looks to me like he drank from the river and collapsed. Cueball are you okay??

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 1:15 am UTC

xpatiate wrote:Is anyone else concerned about what is happening to Cueball? Looks to me like he drank from the river and collapsed. Cueball are you okay??

Maybe it's a river of
Spoiler:
love. What, you thought I was going to say something horrible?
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 02, 2013 1:16 am UTC

Helper wrote:
xpatiate wrote:Is anyone else concerned about what is happening to Cueball? Looks to me like he drank from the river and collapsed. Cueball are you okay??

Maybe it's a river of
Spoiler:
love. What, you thought I was going to say something horrible?


...I thought it was radio active babies...
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
edo
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:05 pm UTC
Location: ~TrApPeD iN mY PhOnE~

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby edo » Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:
(Someone's probably already ninja'd me with this one, but as I've said before I'm no BlitzGirl.)

"Wonderful Walk"
(Imagine this in Cueball's voice)1

Don't know nothin' 'bout hydrology.
Don't know much geology.
Do okay at arkitekcher2 though,
But don't know why I always build so slow.

But I do know how to build with sand,
And with you with me to lend a hand,
What a wonderful day by the sea.

Don't know much about the hills and all.
Don't know where the rain's s'posed to fall.
Don't know much about the risin' sea.
Don't know who that little girl could be.

But I do know how to walk all day,
And with you with me to lead the way,
What a wonderful walk this would be.

Now I don't claim to be an ex-plorer,
But I'm tryin' to be.
And I think that maybe
A walk with you, baby,
Might a-splain this world to me.

Don't know why the dirt was turning gray.3
Don't know how to aim a trebuchet.5
Don't know why the water tastes so foul.8
Don't know if I thought to pack a towel.

But the sea is big; the river's small.
And with you with me too see it all,
What a wonderful walk this would be.


1. What, you don't know what Cueball's voice sounds like? Haven't you been listening?
2. "Don't know how to spell arkitekcher."
3. "And smelling like mustard."
5. "But I can spell it!"
8. "But I've had worse."

Nice jarb!
Last edited by edo on Thu May 02, 2013 1:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

User avatar
Valarya
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Nashville

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 am UTC

Helper wrote:"New at KFC! Get a bucket of dildos with gun sauce and boomerang sticks for up to 50% off or more! Or less! We don't know..."


Dip it in the sauce!
Last edited by Valarya on Thu May 02, 2013 1:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Image

User avatar
ttscp
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:05 pm UTC
Location: Lost In Thought - Send Search Party

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ttscp » Thu May 02, 2013 1:18 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:(Someone's probably already ninja'd me with this one, but as I've said before I'm no BlitzGirl.)

"Wonderful Walk"

Spoiler:
(Imagine this in Cueball's voice)1

Don't know nothin' 'bout hydrology.
Don't know much geology.
Do okay at arkitekcher2 though,
But don't know why I always build so slow.

But I do know how to build with sand,
And with you with me to lend a hand,
What a wonderful day by the sea.

Don't know much about the hills and all.
Don't know where the rain's s'posed to fall.
Don't know much about the risin' sea.
Don't know who that little girl could be.

But I do know how to walk all day,
And with you with me to lead the way,
What a wonderful walk this would be.

Now I don't claim to be an ex-plorer,
But I'm tryin' to be.
And I think that maybe
A walk with you, baby,
Might a-splain this world to me.

Don't know why the dirt was turning gray.3
Don't know how to aim a trebuchet.5
Don't know why the water tastes so foul.8
Don't know if I thought to pack a towel.

But the sea is big; the river's small.
And with you with me too see it all,
What a wonderful walk this would be.


1. What, you don't know what Cueball's voice sounds like? Haven't you been listening?
2. "Don't know how to spell arkitekcher."
3. "And smelling like mustard."
5. "But I can spell it!"
8. "But I've had worse."


Fibonacci footnotes, nice. Wait, 1, 1? Ignored to differentiate the first footnote?
Nice song too, now I'll be humming it all evening.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

User avatar
Latent22
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm UTC
Location: NZ

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:18 am UTC

xpatiate wrote:Is anyone else concerned about what is happening to Cueball? Looks to me like he drank from the river and collapsed. Cueball are you okay??

Actually he was drinking from his dilgunerang at the edge of the river and the riverbank fell away under him.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 02, 2013 1:18 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
Helper wrote:"New at KFC! Get a bucket of dildos with gun sauce and boomerang sticks for up to 50% off or more! Or less! We don't know..."


Dip it in the sauce!


I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Latent22
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm UTC
Location: NZ

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:19 am UTC

edo wrote:Nice jarb!


Broken BBCode Batman!

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:20 am UTC

edo wrote:
Spoiler:
jjjdavidson wrote:(Someone's probably already ninja'd me with this one, but as I've said before I'm no BlitzGirl.)

"Wonderful Walk"
(Imagine this in Cueball's voice)1

Don't know nothin' 'bout hydrology.
Don't know much geology.
Do okay at arkitekcher2 though,
But don't know why I always build so slow.

But I do know how to build with sand,
And with you with me to lend a hand,
What a wonderful day by the sea.

Don't know much about the hills and all.
Don't know where the rain's s'posed to fall.
Don't know much about the risin' sea.
Don't know who that little girl could be.

But I do know how to walk all day,
And with you with me to lead the way,
What a wonderful walk this would be.

Now I don't claim to be an ex-plorer,
But I'm tryin' to be.
And I think that maybe
A walk with you, baby,
Might a-splain this world to me.

Don't know why the dirt was turning gray.3
Don't know how to aim a trebuchet.5
Don't know why the water tastes so foul.8
Don't know if I thought to pack a towel.

But the sea is big; the river's small.
And with you with me too see it all,
What a wonderful walk this would be.


1. What, you don't know what Cueball's voice sounds like? Haven't you been listening?
2. "Don't know how to spell arkitekcher."
3. "And smelling like mustard."
5. "But I can spell it!"
8. "But I've had worse."

Nice jarb!

Check your BBcode, it's messed up. You open with quote+quote+spoiler and end with quote+spoiler+quote. I repositioned the spoiler tag for you in this quote.
EDIT: thanks for fixing it!
Last edited by HAL9000 on Thu May 02, 2013 1:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 1:22 am UTC

edo wrote:[insert internet breaking code here

...what the hell did you do?

Valarya wrote:
Helper wrote:"New at KFC! Get a bucket of dildos with gun sauce and boomerang sticks for up to 50% off or more! Or less! We don't know..."


Dip it in the sauce!

Image

EDIT: Great, now I look the BBCode-terrorising jerk!
Last edited by Helper on Thu May 02, 2013 1:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
htom
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am UTC
Location: Twin Cities, MN, USA

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby htom » Thu May 02, 2013 1:22 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Although I must admit, I expected it to be smaller.

It's less than 100ft across, which is pretty small for a river.
Especially compared to the sea which is big.


A hundred miles north of here, I can stand with one foot on each side of the Mississippi River. Here, I might be able swim across it. Where it meets the sea, it's too big. Compared to the sea, it's tiny.

Helper wrote:
xpatiate wrote:Is anyone else concerned about what is happening to Cueball? Looks to me like he drank from the river and collapsed. Cueball are you okay??

Maybe it's a river of
Spoiler:
love. What, you thought I was going to say something horrible?


Maybe he was dehydrated from the hike, and is now, having drunk too much too fast, drunk on water.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

User avatar
diego5wh
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby diego5wh » Thu May 02, 2013 1:23 am UTC

:o man, all of you pulling a BlitzGirl and reading the whole tread make me feel slightly bad for only coming here and reading the last 2 pages every time. But the outside has too many things for me to do.

probably someone else already post it but cueball has always been in trouble when it comes to boomerangs (i don't know about dildos, or guns)

http://xkcd.com/445/
http://xkcd.com/475/
Helper wrote:Dear god, even the recursion is recursing.

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 am UTC

Helper wrote:...what the hell did you do?

edo fixed it in the original post.
Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Last edited by HAL9000 on Thu May 02, 2013 1:25 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
jjjdavidson
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:40 pm UTC
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 am UTC

ttscp wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:(Someone's probably already ninja'd me with this one, but as I've said before I'm no BlitzGirl.)

"Wonderful Walk"

Spoiler:
(Imagine this in Cueball's voice)1

Don't know nothin' 'bout hydrology.
Don't know much geology.
Do okay at arkitekcher2 though,
But don't know why I always build so slow.

But I do know how to build with sand,
And with you with me to lend a hand,
What a wonderful day by the sea.

Don't know much about the hills and all.
Don't know where the rain's s'posed to fall.
Don't know much about the risin' sea.
Don't know who that little girl could be.

But I do know how to walk all day,
And with you with me to lead the way,
What a wonderful walk this would be.

Now I don't claim to be an ex-plorer,
But I'm tryin' to be.
And I think that maybe
A walk with you, baby,
Might a-splain this world to me.

Don't know why the dirt was turning gray.3
Don't know how to aim a trebuchet.5
Don't know why the water tastes so foul.8
Don't know if I thought to pack a towel.

But the sea is big; the river's small.
And with you with me too see it all,
What a wonderful walk this would be.


1. What, you don't know what Cueball's voice sounds like? Haven't you been listening?
2. "Don't know how to spell arkitekcher."
3. "And smelling like mustard."
5. "But I can spell it!"
8. "But I've had worse."


Fibonacci footnotes, nice. Wait, 1, 1? Ignored to differentiate the first footnote?
Nice song too, now I'll be humming it all evening.

Fixed the footnotes. My 16-year-old daughter complained, too.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 1:25 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:edo fixed it in the original post.
Nothing to see here, move along folks.

It's like we're doing this on purpose.
EDIT: And this post will be especially confusing to anybody not watching in realtime :D
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
ttscp
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:05 pm UTC
Location: Lost In Thought - Send Search Party

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ttscp » Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
ttscp wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:(Someone's probably already ninja'd me with this one, but as I've said before I'm no BlitzGirl.)

"Wonderful Walk"

Spoiler:
(Imagine this in Cueball's voice)1

Don't know nothin' 'bout hydrology.
Don't know much geology.
Do okay at arkitekcher2 though,
But don't know why I always build so slow.

But I do know how to build with sand,
And with you with me to lend a hand,
What a wonderful day by the sea.

Don't know much about the hills and all.
Don't know where the rain's s'posed to fall.
Don't know much about the risin' sea.
Don't know who that little girl could be.

But I do know how to walk all day,
And with you with me to lead the way,
What a wonderful walk this would be.

Now I don't claim to be an ex-plorer,
But I'm tryin' to be.
And I think that maybe
A walk with you, baby,
Might a-splain this world to me.

Don't know why the dirt was turning gray.3
Don't know how to aim a trebuchet.5
Don't know why the water tastes so foul.8
Don't know if I thought to pack a towel.

But the sea is big; the river's small.
And with you with me too see it all,
What a wonderful walk this would be.


1. What, you don't know what Cueball's voice sounds like? Haven't you been listening?
2. "Don't know how to spell arkitekcher."
3. "And smelling like mustard."
5. "But I can spell it!"
8. "But I've had worse."


Fibonacci footnotes, nice. Wait, 1, 1? Ignored to differentiate the first footnote?
Nice song too, now I'll be humming it all evening.

Fixed the footnotes. My 16-year-old daughter complained, too.


Good to know I can keep up with a 16 year old.
Sorta
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 02, 2013 1:29 am UTC

Helper wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:edo fixed it in the original post.
Nothing to see here, move along folks.

It's like we're doing this on purpose.
EDIT: And this post will be especially confusing to anybody not watching in realtime :D


I was here and saw it, but i still dont know how the hell he pulled that off.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 1:30 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Helper wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:edo fixed it in the original post.
Nothing to see here, move along folks.

It's like we're doing this on purpose.
EDIT: And this post will be especially confusing to anybody not watching in realtime :D


I was here and saw it, but i still dont know how the hell he pulled that off.

You know, that's how Hoodini died.
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
edo
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:05 pm UTC
Location: ~TrApPeD iN mY PhOnE~

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby edo » Thu May 02, 2013 1:31 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
edo wrote:
Spoiler:
jjjdavidson wrote:(Someone's probably already ninja'd me with this one, but as I've said before I'm no BlitzGirl.)

"Wonderful Walk"
(Imagine this in Cueball's voice)1

Don't know nothin' 'bout hydrology.
Don't know much geology.
Do okay at arkitekcher2 though,
But don't know why I always build so slow.

But I do know how to build with sand,
And with you with me to lend a hand,
What a wonderful day by the sea.

Don't know much about the hills and all.
Don't know where the rain's s'posed to fall.
Don't know much about the risin' sea.
Don't know who that little girl could be.

But I do know how to walk all day,
And with you with me to lead the way,
What a wonderful walk this would be.

Now I don't claim to be an ex-plorer,
But I'm tryin' to be.
And I think that maybe
A walk with you, baby,
Might a-splain this world to me.

Don't know why the dirt was turning gray.3
Don't know how to aim a trebuchet.5
Don't know why the water tastes so foul.8
Don't know if I thought to pack a towel.

But the sea is big; the river's small.
And with you with me too see it all,
What a wonderful walk this would be.


1. What, you don't know what Cueball's voice sounds like? Haven't you been listening?
2. "Don't know how to spell arkitekcher."
3. "And smelling like mustard."
5. "But I can spell it!"
8. "But I've had worse."

Nice jarb!

Check your BBcode, it's messed up. You open with quote+quote+spoiler and end with quote+spoiler+quote. I repositioned the spoiler tag for you in this quote.
EDIT: thanks for fixing it!
yeah I caught it right away but I'm on my phone right now, so it took forever to fix. At least while I was trying to fix it, the battery didn
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

User avatar
Valarya
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Nashville

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Thu May 02, 2013 1:38 am UTC

edo wrote:yeah I caught it right away but I'm on my phone right now, so it took forever to fix. At least while I was trying to fix it, the battery didn


Ha.. Haha. HAH! I see wot u did thar
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Image

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 02, 2013 1:38 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
edo wrote:yeah I caught it right away but I'm on my phone right now, so it took forever to fix. At least while I was trying to fix it, the battery didn


Ha.. Haha. HAH! I see wot u did thar


good one Edo
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 1:39 am UTC

edo wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
edo wrote:
Spoiler:
jjjdavidson wrote:(Someone's probably already ninja'd me with this one, but as I've said before I'm no BlitzGirl.)

"Wonderful Walk"
(Imagine this in Cueball's voice)1

Don't know nothin' 'bout hydrology.
Don't know much geology.
Do okay at arkitekcher2 though,
But don't know why I always build so slow.

But I do know how to build with sand,
And with you with me to lend a hand,
What a wonderful day by the sea.

Don't know much about the hills and all.
Don't know where the rain's s'posed to fall.
Don't know much about the risin' sea.
Don't know who that little girl could be.

But I do know how to walk all day,
And with you with me to lead the way,
What a wonderful walk this would be.

Now I don't claim to be an ex-plorer,
But I'm tryin' to be.
And I think that maybe
A walk with you, baby,
Might a-splain this world to me.

Don't know why the dirt was turning gray.3
Don't know how to aim a trebuchet.5
Don't know why the water tastes so foul.8
Don't know if I thought to pack a towel.

But the sea is big; the river's small.
And with you with me too see it all,
What a wonderful walk this would be.


1. What, you don't know what Cueball's voice sounds like? Haven't you been listening?
2. "Don't know how to spell arkitekcher."
3. "And smelling like mustard."
5. "But I can spell it!"
8. "But I've had worse."

Nice jarb!

Check your BBcode, it's messed up. You open with quote+quote+spoiler and end with quote+spoiler+quote. I repositioned the spoiler tag for you in this quote.
EDIT: thanks for fixing it!
yeah I caught it right away but I'm on my phone right now, so it took forever to fix. At least while I was trying to fix it, the battery didn

Wait, how did he post that if his battery died? Wait a second... his battery didn't die, he did! Because the battery killed him!
My Randall...
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
PhoenixRising
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu May 02, 2013 1:40 am UTC

465/493. Posting in the Future seems to have slowed to a crawl again. Good for a final sprint (or two).

Megan and Cueball (Cuegan?) have taken a break, sitting in much the same positions they did in the first frame. Everyone is flipping out thinking a loop is imminent.

Just like my last signpost, I'm going to cut my wall short in hopes it's actually read. I needs teh permissionz!
Spoiler:
Exodies wrote:CONTINUATION OF EDIT: while I'm at it: it prolly isn't an exaggeration to presume Pope Helper is dead. We should have a funeral. Know that anyone who returns from the dead is a zombie.


Or that a (Time) phoenix saved their butt with phoenix down. Which is not to confirm or deny my involvement in anything to do with this.

EDIT: and as I get ready to submit this, I get ninja'd... by Helper. I swear. XD I still refuse to confirm or deny anything, on the grounds that the Temporal Illuminati don't exist.


TheMinim wrote:With the newpix, now have read to the end of page 20. Blimey, this is going to take a while.


Starting from page 1? :O Good luck, second BlitzGirl!


Latent22 wrote:
TheMinim wrote:With the newpix, now have read to the end of page 20. Blimey, this is going to take a while.

Yes I think the problem is it takes about an hour to skim read a days worth of posts and probably 2-3 to read them properly. And their is a bit where the post rate was so high it would take half a day to read just one day properly. And with a thread that has gone on for so many weeks now it's going to be quite hard to read the whole thing properly. If you have 10 hours a day to dedicate to it maybe...


I'm averaging probably a page every 10m, and I'm a quick reader. Not sure if that matches up with your times or not, since I'm not paying much attention to timestamps (all that matters to me is that I'm in the Past).


ucim wrote:There is a time for every purpose under heaven... a time to speak, and a time to remain silent. Those times (and their reasons) are different for each of us... and as it was pointed out by our own BlitzGirl the First, they must be different for each of us, for it is that that makes us strong, mad, and glorious.


That entire exchange between you and BlitzGirl, and now this... you're giving me chills. That's some deep stuff. I like it.


BlitzGirl wrote:Ready to see what I spent my morning doing? Here you go! It's a Present Present from me to you!

[img]<imgsnip>[/img]

Click Here for Larger Version

Disclaimer: I really, really wanted to fit as many posters as possible in here but my wrist is already limp as a noodle! I tried to mostly stay with still-active people since they're the ones most likely to see it. But there were still way, way too many for even a dozen of these! I still love you all equally, I promise!!
List of those I included:
<snip>
Hope you enjoy! It was a lot of fun to make. :D One of the reasons I'm happy to be in the Now is that I can do things like this, where in the Past I was too busy Questing, reading pastposts, and writing signposts!

Edit: Oh yeah, the original: http://xkcd.com/442/


HOLY FRICK. You made this? What epic win. What epic win. Same request I made BuffyGirl a signpost or two ago: please can I have permission from your Blitzness to use one of the frames as an avatar? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Still geeking out every time I see that image :mrgreen: I might want to put a poster of it on my wall eventually... if you're good with that, ofc.

*moves onward ever faster, fueled by the epic image*
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 1:44 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:465/493. Posting in the Future seems to have slowed to a crawl again. Good for a final sprint (or two).

Megan and Cueball (Cuegan?) have taken a break, sitting in much the same positions they did in the first frame. Everyone is flipping out thinking a loop is imminent.

Just like my last signpost, I'm going to cut my wall short in hopes it's actually read. I needs teh permissionz!
Spoiler:
Exodies wrote:CONTINUATION OF EDIT: while I'm at it: it prolly isn't an exaggeration to presume Pope Helper is dead. We should have a funeral. Know that anyone who returns from the dead is a zombie.


Or that a (Time) phoenix saved their butt with phoenix down. Which is not to confirm or deny my involvement in anything to do with this.

EDIT: and as I get ready to submit this, I get ninja'd... by Helper. I swear. XD I still refuse to confirm or deny anything, on the grounds that the Temporal Illuminati don't exist.


TheMinim wrote:With the newpix, now have read to the end of page 20. Blimey, this is going to take a while.


Starting from page 1? :O Good luck, second BlitzGirl!


Latent22 wrote:
TheMinim wrote:With the newpix, now have read to the end of page 20. Blimey, this is going to take a while.

Yes I think the problem is it takes about an hour to skim read a days worth of posts and probably 2-3 to read them properly. And their is a bit where the post rate was so high it would take half a day to read just one day properly. And with a thread that has gone on for so many weeks now it's going to be quite hard to read the whole thing properly. If you have 10 hours a day to dedicate to it maybe...


I'm averaging probably a page every 10m, and I'm a quick reader. Not sure if that matches up with your times or not, since I'm not paying much attention to timestamps (all that matters to me is that I'm in the Past).


ucim wrote:There is a time for every purpose under heaven... a time to speak, and a time to remain silent. Those times (and their reasons) are different for each of us... and as it was pointed out by our own BlitzGirl the First, they must be different for each of us, for it is that that makes us strong, mad, and glorious.


That entire exchange between you and BlitzGirl, and now this... you're giving me chills. That's some deep stuff. I like it.


BlitzGirl wrote:Ready to see what I spent my morning doing? Here you go! It's a Present Present from me to you!

[img]<imgsnip>[/img]

Click Here for Larger Version

Disclaimer: I really, really wanted to fit as many posters as possible in here but my wrist is already limp as a noodle! I tried to mostly stay with still-active people since they're the ones most likely to see it. But there were still way, way too many for even a dozen of these! I still love you all equally, I promise!!
List of those I included:
<snip>
Hope you enjoy! It was a lot of fun to make. :D One of the reasons I'm happy to be in the Now is that I can do things like this, where in the Past I was too busy Questing, reading pastposts, and writing signposts!

Edit: Oh yeah, the original: http://xkcd.com/442/


HOLY FRICK. You made this? What epic win. What epic win. Same request I made BuffyGirl a signpost or two ago: please can I have permission from your Blitzness to use one of the frames as an avatar? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Still geeking out every time I see that image :mrgreen: I might want to put a poster of it on my wall eventually... if you're good with that, ofc.

*moves onward ever faster, fueled by the epic image*

As soon as I saw the collage, I wanted a poster of it :D
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 02, 2013 1:45 am UTC

Helper wrote:
edo wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
edo wrote:
Spoiler:
jjjdavidson wrote:(Someone's probably already ninja'd me with this one, but as I've said before I'm no BlitzGirl.)

"Wonderful Walk"
(Imagine this in Cueball's voice)1

Don't know nothin' 'bout hydrology.
Don't know much geology.
Do okay at arkitekcher2 though,
But don't know why I always build so slow.

But I do know how to build with sand,
And with you with me to lend a hand,
What a wonderful day by the sea.

Don't know much about the hills and all.
Don't know where the rain's s'posed to fall.
Don't know much about the risin' sea.
Don't know who that little girl could be.

But I do know how to walk all day,
And with you with me to lead the way,
What a wonderful walk this would be.

Now I don't claim to be an ex-plorer,
But I'm tryin' to be.
And I think that maybe
A walk with you, baby,
Might a-splain this world to me.

Don't know why the dirt was turning gray.3
Don't know how to aim a trebuchet.5
Don't know why the water tastes so foul.8
Don't know if I thought to pack a towel.

But the sea is big; the river's small.
And with you with me too see it all,
What a wonderful walk this would be.


1. What, you don't know what Cueball's voice sounds like? Haven't you been listening?
2. "Don't know how to spell arkitekcher."
3. "And smelling like mustard."
5. "But I can spell it!"
8. "But I've had worse."

Nice jarb!

Check your BBcode, it's messed up. You open with quote+quote+spoiler and end with quote+spoiler+quote. I repositioned the spoiler tag for you in this quote.
EDIT: thanks for fixing it!
yeah I caught it right away but I'm on my phone right now, so it took forever to fix. At least while I was trying to fix it, the battery didn

Wait, how did he post that if his battery died? Wait a second... his battery didn't die, he did! Because the battery killed him!
My Randall...


D: *pulls battery from phone* IT WONT GET ME!
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 02, 2013 1:49 am UTC

SBN wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Sorry, I'm falling behind in the OTT... too much outside stuff :-(

Anyway - new forum data update available, with links to malformed posts (tags misaligned, if the posters could correct, that would be cool)
http://xkcd-time.kieryn.com/Default/ApiHelp


I fixed mine. (You might want to find a way to attach the poster's name to their link.


Thanks! I'm updating the database now, and will add this feature.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu May 02, 2013 1:50 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:
TheMinim wrote:With the newpix, now have read to the end of page 20. Blimey, this is going to take a while.


Starting from page 1? :O Good luck, second BlitzGirl!


More like third or fourth BlitzGirl. Don't forget about Vytron! And all the other intrepid souls embarking on their pilgrimage through the OTT!
Image

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 02, 2013 1:52 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:<snip>
Hey, I just want to say thank you to mscha, kieryn, KarMann, Latent22 and all of the other smart and talented people who make graphics, twerk data, and do all that other cool stuff
<snip>


You are welcome! Making stuff is what I love... I just have no time to keep up with the thread :-(
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

User avatar
Someguy945
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:09 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Someguy945 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:53 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:PLAINSONG
Image


I think the OTC just jumped the shark. There is no way Cueball would do something this stupid. There is no way Megan would let Cueball do something this stupid. My suspension of disbelief has been shattered.

/sarcasm
//it's just a comic :)

User avatar
Kieryn
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 pm UTC
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 am UTC

Hey all, how's my new avatar? :-) Thanks again BlitzGirl!
And I tip my hat to Buffygirl of course...
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

User avatar
Actaeus
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 pm UTC
Location: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Actaeus » Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 am UTC

How could anybody be surprised by Cueball's stupidity? He doesn't know how anything works. That's standard dogma.

User avatar
buffygirl
Cardinal
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm UTC
Location: BuffyDashery closed.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby buffygirl » Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Opiboble wrote:After reading your sig I think we should create a group blog (for all present) all about our chronicling our adventures in seeking the meaning of OTC

Oh! Hadn't noticed that blog before
...

BlitzGirl's in Tacoma?? That's practically a few minutes away! Well, if you own a private jet, anyway. Which I don't. Still, it's quite cheering to know I live in the same state as such a relentless follower of Time :D

Yes, though I hope to be moving closer to Seattle in a month or two :P

Doesn't the OTT kind of fulfill the function of a group blog? Though it is a fun idea, Opiboble!

I had similarly thought that we could add a forum to the wiki ... the recursive possibilities are endless!

User avatar
Helper
Duly Elected Pope of the One True Comic
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Helper » Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:I had similarly thought that we could add a forum to the wiki ... the recursive possibilities are endless!

And then, when there's enough activity on that forum, somebody could draw a comic about it!
...
NoEdge wrote:Outside? Is that like Mesopotamia? Isn't Mesopotamia gone? Has Outside been destroyed without our noticing?!
Oh well. At least we still have our sandcastle.


NoEdge wrote:Maybe it's fire. The world is burning. It's dark behind me. Maybe the fires have been put out. Maybe it's all gone.

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 am UTC

Someguy945 wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
PLAINSONG
Image


I think the OTC just jumped the shark. There is no way Cueball would do something this stupid. There is no way Megan would let Cueball do something this stupid. My suspension of disbelief has been shattered.


Pffft, this comic has jumped the shark, stifled the spark, mutated the quark, de-feathered the lark, paved over the park, silenced the snark, and ignored the hark, and it's done that since Newframe #1...

And yet we STILL Wait For It...

Where's the REAL joke in this comic ? ? ? :D :wink:
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
patzer
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby patzer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:04 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Opiboble wrote:After reading your sig I think we should create a group blog (for all present) all about our chronicling our adventures in seeking the meaning of OTC

Oh! Hadn't noticed that blog before
...

BlitzGirl's in Tacoma?? That's practically a few minutes away! Well, if you own a private jet, anyway. Which I don't. Still, it's quite cheering to know I live in the same state as such a relentless follower of Time :D

Yes, though I hope to be moving closer to Seattle in a month or two :P

Doesn't the OTT kind of fulfill the function of a group blog? Though it is a fun idea, Opiboble!

I had similarly thought that we could add a forum to the wiki ... the recursive possibilities are endless!

There is a forum on the wiki.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests