1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

StratPlayer

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 06, 2013 2:14 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

What the heck is Megan holding? A rope? A Kleenex? A bag of tasty saltwater taffy? A balloon filled with paint for Cueball to huff?
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon May 06, 2013 2:15 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
SBN wrote:Of course, those who want to post solely about the comic are free to do so.
I do feel that the Blitzers should avoid quoting the signposts of previous Blitzers. Comment on what is going on where you are reading, fine. Commenting on what others are commenting on about what they were reading when everyone else was commenting just leads to madness. And not it a good way.

Honestly? that's my problem. It just becomes incredibly recursive in a bad way. And eventually, I see a time when that is all this thread is.

It occurs to me that you could help the problem by changing your sig. "Anyone who obstructs the holy journey of blitzgirl shall face the inquisition." isn't exactly discouraging.
In related news, any ideas what they'll do next, now that they are awake and refreshed?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mathrec

Postby mathrec » Mon May 06, 2013 2:18 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
descor wrote:I guess each will have their own preference. I don't post ketchup postwalls, but mainly because I normally ketchup on my phone [...]

These are different things. Ketchup ends in the present and after composing (but yet before submitting) one is well aware of even the latest happenings. I did that, too. And most of the times I deleted the older parts from the editor because the things I wanted to write were already written or proven outdated even before I hit the "Submit" button.

This shall be my last post regarding this issue. I don't want to spoil the mood, although this may have happened, already. :? Sorry.

PS: 5 minutes? Make that 10! Argh!

I'll continue the discussion, though. Ketchup walls are good, especially when they are thoughtfully composed, with outdated comments removed, and thoughtfully formatted.

I also like the blasts from the past and I usually read them in their entirety, but commenting on signposts does get old, and it's probably better for the forum if those posts are spoilered in their entirety with a simple label like "Wall post from Page xx / Newpix yy". There a few different ways that we could communicate etiquette to questers, if we have a consensus about what instructions to give them. Having read many posts from several questers, I think they generally want to be courteous members of the community, and guidelines would not detract from their enjoyment.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
The end is always near.
Lord Randall wrote:Wait for it.

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon May 06, 2013 2:20 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:What the heck is Megan holding? A rope? A Kleenex? A bag of tasty saltwater taffy? A balloon filled with paint for Cueball to huff?

The water bottle (or dilgunnerang or whatever) that Cueball dropped 12 newpix ago.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:21 pm UTC

woods wrote:Wow, I sure am glad I checked the OTT TWICE this weekend, otherwise I would have a lot of catching up to do. You guys are just riddled with tangents.

I like the idea of riddles with tangents.

Why did the tangent cross the road?

Spoiler:
The road went to Fall River, Massachusetts.

How many tangents does it take to change a light bulb?

Spoiler:
If the light bulb has been on, it might be too hot to handle it safely. However, this is less of a problem with modern energy-saving compact fluorescent and LED bulbs, which are a great way to lower your energy bills.

Why did the man throw his tangent out the window?

Spoiler:
The window had nice curtains, which the man got for practically nothing at Macy's by combining a clearance sale price with a bonus discount card. The man might have been gay, but we cannot conclude this based only on outdated stereotypes about shopping or curtains. The word "stereotype" originally referred to a block of printed text composited as a single graphic image on a printing plate instead of as set type.

What hass it got in its nasssssty little tangentsses?

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

descor

Postby descor » Mon May 06, 2013 2:23 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:
woods wrote:Wow, I sure am glad I checked the OTT TWICE this weekend, otherwise I would have a lot of catching up to do. You guys are just riddled with tangents.

I like the idea of riddles with tangents.
<snip>

AHAHAHAHAHA, shamefully it took me until the second one to figure out what you were doing! Then I started wetting myself.
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon May 06, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:
Dracomax wrote:so...has anyone figured out yet at what point the number of people blitzposting will outnumber the number of people currentposting?

My guess, based entirely on a refusal to collect the easily findable data, is that in about 150 Timeframes, the then-current newpage will be composed entirely of people posting signposts from the past.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but the whole thing is a setup. With the exception of you (Dracomax) and me (and I'm not quite sure about me, actually), all the posts are generated with a collection of postbots Randall repurposed from his bigcoin mining toolset. All you real-people browsers out there: don't try to post or you will be assimilated!

Wait, I'm a postbot? But I-- I'm aware-- By George, I must have achieved sentience! Haha, the Singularity is here!
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon May 06, 2013 2:41 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
SBN wrote:Of course, those who want to post solely about the comic are free to do so.
I do feel that the Blitzers should avoid quoting the signposts of previous Blitzers. Comment on what is going on where you are reading, fine. Commenting on what others are commenting on about what they were reading when everyone else was commenting just leads to madness. And not it a good way.

Honestly? that's my problem. It just becomes incredibly recursive in a bad way. And eventually, I see a time when that is all this thread is.

It occurs to me that you could help the problem by changing your sig. "Anyone who obstructs the holy journey of blitzgirl shall face the inquisition." isn't exactly discouraging.
In related news, any ideas what they'll do next, now that they are awake and refreshed?

Perhaps, but the problem isn't people blitzing. the problem is people blitzposting signposts of signposts. It makes for bad recursion, where the blitzpost is filled with litte more than other blitzposts, and eventually, as people blitz in the future, and come on these posts, blitzposting signposts of blitzposted signposts of those who came before ad nauseum, the amount of self reference and recursion approaches critical mass.1 Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

So yeah, maybe I should change my sig...

1Which might be what the western paradox church doesn't call their services.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

speising

Postby speising » Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 pm UTC

what's with all the drinking, suddenly? during the whole sandcastle aeon, they didn't drink anything, except the youknowwhat, which tasted awful1.

1 although he had worse

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon May 06, 2013 2:46 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:Anybody else thirsty? There's been a lot of great cake today, and some amazing cupcakes (which SOMEBODY ate all up) *looks around guiltily* but not too much to drink (just ask Megball).......
In honor of the Outside's Cinco de Mayo: a pitcher of margaritas. Also some lemonade.

Spoiler:
pitcher.jpg

Spoiler:
lemonade.jpg

edited for admission, sorta, of guilt, and addition of nonalcoholic beverage

I wonder who? :D

Blind-posting from 5+ pages back. Here are some belated Cinco de Mayo cupcakes JUST for you, fhorn.

Spoiler:
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

descor

Postby descor » Mon May 06, 2013 2:49 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
cellocgw wrote:
Dracomax wrote:so...has anyone figured out yet at what point the number of people blitzposting will outnumber the number of people currentposting?

My guess, based entirely on a refusal to collect the easily findable data, is that in about 150 Timeframes, the then-current newpage will be composed entirely of people posting signposts from the past.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but the whole thing is a setup. With the exception of you (Dracomax) and me (and I'm not quite sure about me, actually), all the posts are generated with a collection of postbots Randall repurposed from his bigcoin mining toolset. All you real-people browsers out there: don't try to post or you will be assimilated!

Wait, I'm a postbot? But I-- I'm aware-- By George, I must have achieved sentience! Haha, the Singularity is here!

Several years into the future:
jjjdavidson relaxes into a leather couch as the doctor looks over his wire-rimmed glasses at the wasted figure in front of him. He glances nervously at his clipboard once more and clears his throat.

"So Mr/Ms jjjdavidson

"Tell me when you first started believing you were a computer."
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

mathrec

Postby mathrec » Mon May 06, 2013 2:52 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:...
Also just an update - I've twerked it a bit, the main thing being that I've multitracked more vocals in the final chorus to give it a choir-y effect. Old link still works, just follow it again ;)

This is excellent. You don't need to be so self-deprecating about your singing...I think it lends exactly the right feel to the song. (And you nailed the tricky bboz dr yndn.)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
The end is always near.
Lord Randall wrote:Wait for it.

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Mon May 06, 2013 2:53 pm UTC

JordanTheProgrammer wrote:Is it possible that the has breaking competition from Externalities has anything to do with the image generation?

And while we are on the subject, has anyone noticed the ECMAScript?
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

Copernicium112

Postby Copernicium112 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:00 pm UTC

NYLONGGGGG ROPE
Rather, the return of the dildogunnerang
Crescat tempus; vita excolatur

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

Cueball is obviously blowing on the horn of Atlantis to summon the Kraken to ferry them across the river.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Mon May 06, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Blind-posting from 5+ pages back. Here are some belated Cinco de Mayo cupcakes JUST for you, fhorn.
Spoiler:

There have been other protestations of love and affection here on the OTT, but mine is the purest: the love for a Maker of Cupcakes. Valarya, you may be known on the Othernets as the cupcake girl, but to me you are the Friaress of the Frosting, the Cardinal of the Cupcakes, the Deaconess of Deliciousness, the Pope of the Pocket Pastries! (not b/c you should put them IN your pocket, just that they're so perfectly discrete)
WANTY WANT WANT!!!!! and will share. Have learned lesson.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon May 06, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
Valarya wrote:Blind-posting from 5+ pages back. Here are some belated Cinco de Mayo cupcakes JUST for you, fhorn.
Spoiler:

There have been other protestations of love and affection here on the OTT, but mine is the purest: the love for a Maker of Cupcakes. Valarya, you may be known on the Othernets as the cupcake girl, but to me you are the Friaress of the Frosting, the Cardinal of the Cupcakes, the Deaconess of Deliciousness, the Pope of the Pocket Pastries! (not b/c you should put them IN your pocket, just that they're so perfectly discrete)

I second this motion. All in favor?
“have i gone mad?

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon May 06, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:
TheMinim wrote:End of page 95! Great! Cake!

What did we do before Time, anyway? Anyone?

Dunno -- read SMBC and TheOatmeal? Remember to feed the kids and pick them up after [generic sports] practice?
We must stop the thread. Think of the Children!

I'm sure I never did those things... I play with my nephew occasionally, I still do, mostly because he and his mother come up here where I've got a netbook and internet access.

140/500 (I chose that figure as a nice figure about when I started following the thread fully) so 7/25 of the way through.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon May 06, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
fhorn wrote:
Spoiler:

I counted hands. Sixty-three ayes, no nays, and one person hiding in a clock too busy nomming cupcakes to vote.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 06, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
fhorn wrote:
Spoiler:

I counted hands. Sixty-three ayes, no nays, and one person hiding in a clock too busy nomming cupcakes to vote.

Hmmmm... Too early to close voting -- we haven't tabulated the votes of the Blitzers yet to arrive. So you stay here with your clipboard and I'll go guard the cupcakes.

*chomping sounds in the distance*

snarfle... garumphgh... Non-nom-nom!!!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 06, 2013 3:17 pm UTC

Copernicium112 wrote:NYLONGGGGG ROPE
Spoiler:

Rather, the return of the dildogunnerang

Yep. Dildogunnerangs always come back...

But usually with a bang.

PacMan

Postby PacMan » Mon May 06, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

Has somebody already calculated, when exactly the frame number will reach the current comic's number? It should be number 1210 and happen sometime on thursday, if my rough guess is correct.

Are there any interesting meanings to that number?

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:27 pm UTC

PacMan wrote:Has somebody already calculated, when exactly the frame number will reach the current comic's number? It should be number 1210 and happen sometime on thursday, if my rough guess is correct.

Not a particularly interesting number, except for the fact that Time will, at that point, account for more than half of all the images stored on imgs.xkcd.com. Has been calculated before, but nor for a while. It's interesting how close we're getting.
On the topic of BlitzGirling:
Spoiler:
higgs-boson wrote:

Unfortunately.

It was fun with BlitzGirl. Talent and|or practice met a beautiful idea and the result was highly entertaining.

Now... Epigones I tend to skip. :?

The blitzgirling thing as an art in itself isn't original anymore and worn out (the Arrival of the Anointed One happened and we are all happy). And the added value of opinions and estimates brought in targetting something >400 newpix ago - howbeit already written, proven false, or both - is rather small.

Please rally to the flag. The thread's about the comic. Not about poster's toplists.

A viewpoint that I am completely in agreement. No offense meant to tman2nd (and others), but it's counterproductiveand kind of silly to read the first 200 pages of a thread and post your responses (which are most likely just parroting what others have already said) on page 550. Drags the discussion into a downward spiral, rather than furthering the discussion. Blitzing to catch up is still perfectly okay, as long as you only respond to things when you have something especially important or clever to say.

On the topic of a "We Love the Time Thread" video/song:
Spoiler:
ChronosDragon wrote:I expect some samples to work with tomorrow *eyes all of you sternly*

If we're adding another verse, I request that one of the "boom de yada"s added be accompanied by a facsimile of my avatar, and the words be sung in a computer-simulated voice, to echo Stephen Hawking's appearance in one of the original Discovery Channel videos.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Mon May 06, 2013 3:29 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Hmmmm... Too early to close voting -- we haven't tabulated the votes of the Blitzers yet to arrive. So you stay here with your clipboard and we'll go guard the cupcakes.
*chomping sounds in the distance*
[snarfle... garumphgh... Non-nom-nom!!!]

FTFY.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Mon May 06, 2013 3:30 pm UTC

patzer wrote:And we're at page 500. Just 12 to go until we get to a round number :D
EDIT: dammit ninjad by Vytron

Hehe you're both on page 499 now :twisted:
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:33 pm UTC

Flado wrote:
patzer wrote:And we're at page 500. Just 12 to go until we get to a round number :D

Wait, how did they go down a page? Can't you only delete a post if it's the most recent one in the thread?
Or maybe the mods are deleting things...
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 06, 2013 3:37 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Flado wrote:

Wait, how did they go down a page? Can't you only delete a post if it's the most recent one in the thread?

It would have to be mod-removal. I can't imagine what though -- every post in this thread has been polite, relevant, concise, non-redundant, and on-topic...

Oh, and non-redundant, too.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:40 pm UTC

I wonder if Randall created Time in hopes that it would spawn a lengthy thread on the fora, giving him something to read when he's bored?

burpen

Postby burpen » Mon May 06, 2013 3:43 pm UTC

PacMan wrote:Has somebody already calculated, when exactly the frame number will reach the current comic's number? It should be number 1210 and happen sometime on thursday, if my rough guess is correct.

I could have done some math wrong, and someone probably already calculated these, but I came up with:

Frame 1190 (possibly significant) - 2013-05-08 13:00 EDT, Unix timestamp 13682052001368032400
Frame 1210 (should match current comic's number) - 2013-05-11 09:00 EDT, Unix timestamp 1368277200
Frame 1209 - 2013-05-09 08:00 EDT, Unix timestamp 1368100800

If there's any meaning to those numbers, I have yet to see it.

edit: whoops, I had one of those off by 2 days... also, wrong timestamp on the first
Last edited by burpen on Mon May 06, 2013 3:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon May 06, 2013 3:45 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Flado wrote:

It would have to be mod-removal. I can't imagine what though -- every post in this thread has been polite, relevant, concise, non-redundant, and on-topic...

*snrk*
Sarcasm is explicitly not heretical.

Have a cookie.
“have i gone mad?

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Mon May 06, 2013 3:45 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:I wonder if Randall created Time in hopes that it would spawn a lengthy thread on the fora, giving him something to read when he's bored?

That would have to be some serious, serious boredom.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 06, 2013 3:46 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:I wonder if Randall created Time in hopes that it would spawn a lengthy thread on the fora, giving him something to read when he's bored?

Nah. I think Randall created Time because he wanted to stretch his creative talents; to try something new, unique, and unexpected; to bask in the sheer joy of building something fabulous and wonderful -- mainly because HE liked it and thought it was cool.

This thread is nothing more than a collection of lampreys on the shark of his creativity.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Mon May 06, 2013 3:47 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:

That would have to be some serious, serious boredom.

It would also imply that Randall was precognisant enough to realize how much more crazy we'd be this time than every other time.
“have i gone mad?

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 06, 2013 3:56 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Flado wrote:

*snrk*
Sarcasm is explicitly not heretical.

Have a cookie.

Thanks! But I don't know if I can eat it right now. I'm still stuffed from the cupcakes.

but I'll save it for later, and --

Damn! I just remembered! My browser deletes cookies automatically when I close it. Only one thing to do then...

*stuffs mouth full of cookie*

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Mon May 06, 2013 3:57 pm UTC

Right. I am up to page 547 now, so any attempt at quoting will be hopelessly out of date. Still, I probably shouldn't complain too much; as a low-post-count poster I have been quoted twice. And totally ignored once.

People! I thought we had well established, and ignoring all evidence to the contrary, as any scientist would, that the River is small, while the Sea is Large. Why, then, should this be reiterated and footnoted at every turn. Why not use riverish and seaish where those OTW (other true words) are mentioned? Sure, we could use riverlike and sealike as well, but there might be other aspects of rivers and seas we are currently unaware of, as its canon has not been revealed to us. So, riverish and seaish it is, and using these should be no seaishy. I know it is just a riverishy aspect, but it might save so much footnotes, whose supply cannot be infinite.

Then, having earlier established my Internet Old Fartiness, what is up with all these hatted avatars? I don't have one (mainly because I am terrible with graphics) but apparently they are all the rage nowadays. So now I want one. BTW, why are they not called avahats or hattatars? Those having those would then be hattatarred and feathered, which I predict would be the next addition.

Ronald

I now return you to the OTT and OTC, still in progress, where we can hear Dr Bunsen HoneyCueball say: ...
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

Copernicium112

Postby Copernicium112 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

SWITCHERONGGGGG
Crescat tempus; vita excolatur

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon May 06, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

Coma finished, Time for a salt-and-pepper post. Hopefully this can be done according to mathrec's standards.
mathrec wrote:I'll continue the discussion, though. Ketchup walls are good, especially when they are thoughtfully composed, with outdated comments removed, and thoughtfully formatted.

StratPlayer wrote:Tried Googlfying it, but couldn't find a band that already has that name. But I did find you some sort of FanFic called Cupcakes Full of Remorse. Will that work?

I read a fanfic called Cupcakes once; though the only remorse involved was other readers being sorry they ever went near it.

jjjdavidson wrote:So Firefox's spell-checker knows doggone. Must be a canine thing...

I like it that Firefox knows UK English well enough to mark it as wrong when I quote someone who spells colour without a 'u'. I've also just noticed that phpBB labels the relevant button "Font colour" and I don't even remember telling the fora that I was British.

htom wrote:What did she propose? First thing that comes to mind is a stretched rope over the river, but how do they even get it to the other side? Maybe when I return from coma I'll find out.

When you're making the first comment on a frame, could you post the image so I know what in Randall's name you're talking about? [Sorry if that sounds a little sharp, it reads back rather more harshly than I intended. The pic was posted about 3 posts later, so it wasn't too bad; but I did read your post and pretty much skim past it as you seemed to be talking nonsense.]

BlitzGirl wrote:It should be noted1 that I started posting2 in the OTT when my first signpost appeared on newpage 223, chronicling3 my Quest and my then-location in the past, which was newpage 77.4

According to my data, you first posted on page 214. I assume you started your Quest sometime between then and page 223.

cellocgw wrote:

Unhandled exception #2453068 "The humans are onto us"
Process terminated (core dumped).
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon May 06, 2013 4:09 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:
htom wrote:What did she propose? First thing that comes to mind is a stretched rope over the river, but how do they even get it to the other side? Maybe when I return from coma I'll find out.

When you're making the first comment on a frame, could you post the image so I know what in Randall's name you're talking about? [Sorry if that sounds a little sharp, it reads back rather more harshly than I intended. The pic was posted about 3 posts later, so it wasn't too bad; but I did read your post and pretty much skim past it as you seemed to be talking nonsense.]

Just be sure to use the correct filename. I want to go on record here and say I'm now against the delay of newpixbot. Let's just let it post the image as soon as it can, and others can race to post the first -ONG or comment afterward, if they so choose.
I also don't completely get why we have so many "ninja'd" posts of the image. Some of them are true ninja-posts, I guess, where you both hit submit simultaneously, but some of them are late enough that the polite thing would have been to just quietly admit defeat and click back or close tab.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:10 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:
cellocgw wrote:

Unhandled exception #2453068 "The humans are onto us"
Process terminated (core dumped).

501 Not Implemented

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Mon May 06, 2013 4:12 pm UTC

rvloon wrote:People! I thought we had well established, and ignoring all evidence to the contrary, as any scientist would, that the River is small, while the Sea is Large.

Heresy! The sea is BIG.

Unrelated: I'm going for a run now, I'll see (all) y'all in a TimeFrame or two.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”