1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Wildhound
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Time.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Wildhound » Fri May 10, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

Did anyone else find newpix 1190 of comic 1190 most underwhelming?

Edit: I say this because it is the last time we can reasonably expect that there will be a frame n in a strip, where n is also the number of the strip.

In fact, it is quite possibly the only time this has happened apart from n=1.
Last edited by Wildhound on Fri May 10, 2013 5:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 5:35 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:Edit: just an accidental duplication by our Fallible Lord. On this one, they're where you'd expect them to be a newpix ago.

Heresy!!! Of course it was intended! The GLR MUST have had some divine purpose for repeating the same image at precisely that Newpix. There may be special meaning in the fact that Megan and Cueball are about to crest the hill.

OK, bring on the chocolate...


I got a 35lb box of M&M's that have hit there best by date, will that work?
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9051
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 10, 2013 5:35 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Heresy!!! Of course it was intended! The GLR MUST have had some divine purpose for repeating the same image at precisely that Newpix. There may be special meaning in the fact that Megan and Cueball are about to crest the hill.

Just because our imperfect human reasoning cannot grasp the purpose does not mean it was unintended or accidental. Regrettably, I lack the enlightenment necessary to fully understand the divine purpose behind why the GLR chose this moment in Time for a duplication, but since it clearly cannot be accidental, the only hypothesis my meager mind can manage is...

Spoiler:
Lord Randall is fucking with us once again.

Or the duplication was heretical, like the mustard.

Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 10, 2013 5:40 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:THISONGISOK
Spoiler:
Image


Edit: just an accidental duplication by our Fallible Lord. On this one, they're where you'd expect them to be a newpix ago.


Heresy!!! Of course it was intended! The GLR MUST have had some divine purpose for repeating the same image at precisely that Newpix. There may be special meaning in the fact that Megan and Cueball are about to crest the hill.

Just because our imperfect human reasoning cannot grasp the purpose does not mean it was unintended or accidental. Regrettably, I lack the enlightenment necessary to fully understand the divine purpose behind why the GLR chose this moment in Time for a duplication, but since it clearly cannot be accidental, the only hypothesis my meager mind can manage is...

Spoiler:
Lord Randall is fucking with us once again.


Here Here! Those of us who are devote trust in the Creator of Time, GLR, and question not what we do not understand (except in so far as to ask what the hell is going on). Is it not for us to question the Creator's will (but perfectly reasonable to want to know what is going on without needing to understand why it is going on).

Any such other thinking is heresy!! And must be punished. But fear not, for as a devote believer I shall willingly suffer for your sinful thoughts...

Can I go sit in the big comfy chair whilst the Inquisitor force Dark Chocolate unto me?
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 10, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:Heresy!!! Of course it was intended! The GLR MUST have had some divine purpose for repeating the same image at precisely that Newpix. There may be special meaning in the fact that Megan and Cueball are about to crest the hill.

Just because our imperfect human reasoning cannot grasp the purpose does not mean it was unintended or accidental. Regrettably, I lack the enlightenment necessary to fully understand the divine purpose behind why the GLR chose this moment in Time for a duplication, but since it clearly cannot be accidental, the only hypothesis my meager mind can manage is...

Lord Randall is fucking with us once again.

Or the duplication was heretical, like the mustard.


Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:


You must a-coma a-LOT! This thread is the "Chaos-all-the-Time!" channel on xkcdvision.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 5:44 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:THISONGISOK
Spoiler:
Image


Edit: just an accidental duplication by our Fallible Lord. On this one, they're where you'd expect them to be a newpix ago.


Heresy!!! Of course it was intended! The GLR MUST have had some divine purpose for repeating the same image at precisely that Newpix. There may be special meaning in the fact that Megan and Cueball are about to crest the hill.

Just because our imperfect human reasoning cannot grasp the purpose does not mean it was unintended or accidental. Regrettably, I lack the enlightenment necessary to fully understand the divine purpose behind why the GLR chose this moment in Time for a duplication, but since it clearly cannot be accidental, the only hypothesis my meager mind can manage is...

Spoiler:
Lord Randall is fucking with us once again.


Here Here! Those of us who are devote trust in the Creator of Time, GLR, and question not what we do not understand (except in so far as to ask what the hell is going on). Is it not for us to question the Creator's will (but perfectly reasonable to want to know what is going on without needing to understand why it is going on).

Any such other thinking is heresy!! And must be punished. But fear not, for as a devote believer I shall willingly suffer for your sinful thoughts...

Can I go sit in the big comfy chair whilst the Inquisitor force Dark Chocolate unto me?

Okay, you can be coated in hot, dark chocolate and then pelted with expired M&Ms for the other poster's heresy. we aim to please here. just not well.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9051
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 10, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:

You must a-coma a-LOT! This thread is the "Chaos-all-the-Time!" channel on xkcdvision.

This is true, though I would argue that there is the normal chaos of the OTT, and then there is the Chaos that happens due to technical difficulties, if that makes sense. And I always seem to be away for the latter. :?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:

You must a-coma a-LOT! This thread is the "Chaos-all-the-Time!" channel on xkcdvision.

This is true, though I would argue that there is the normal chaos of the OTT, and then there is the Chaos that happens due to technical difficulties, if that makes sense. And I always seem to be away for the latter. :?


Wasn't that fun though, there was 20min there that I couldn't access the OTT, that was scary.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6896
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Fri May 10, 2013 5:49 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:

You must a-coma a-LOT! This thread is the "Chaos-all-the-Time!" channel on xkcdvision.

This is true, though I would argue that there is the normal chaos of the OTT, and then there is the Chaos that happens due to technical difficulties, if that makes sense. And I always seem to be away for the latter. :?

The solution seems clear to me: no more coma for you, your Blitziness... :)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 5:51 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:

You must a-coma a-LOT! This thread is the "Chaos-all-the-Time!" channel on xkcdvision.

This is true, though I would argue that there is the normal chaos of the OTT, and then there is the Chaos that happens due to technical difficulties, if that makes sense. And I always seem to be away for the latter. :?

The solution seems clear to me: no more coma for you, your Blitziness... :)

How much cancerbabybaconcaffeine will we need to keep her awake forever?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:

You must a-coma a-LOT! This thread is the "Chaos-all-the-Time!" channel on xkcdvision.

This is true, though I would argue that there is the normal chaos of the OTT, and then there is the Chaos that happens due to technical difficulties, if that makes sense. And I always seem to be away for the latter. :?

The solution seems clear to me: no more coma for you, your Blitziness... :)

How much cancerbabybaconcaffeine will we need to keep her awake forever?

Why in the world would you ever want to feed someone the strange dirt like substance called Cancerbabybaconcaffeine? People walk on it. BLEGH!
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 10, 2013 5:53 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:

You must a-coma a-LOT! This thread is the "Chaos-all-the-Time!" channel on xkcdvision.

This is true, though I would argue that there is the normal chaos of the OTT, and then there is the Chaos that happens due to technical difficulties, if that makes sense. And I always seem to be away for the latter. :?


Ah. Yes, that does make sense -- degrees of chaosity.

Although... "I always seem to be away for the latter."

Uhhh... You mean like this?

Spoiler:
Image
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 10, 2013 5:55 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Can I go sit in the big comfy chair whilst the Inquisitor force Dark Chocolate unto me?

Okay, you can be coated in hot, dark chocolate and then pelted with expired M&Ms for the other poster's heresy. we aim to please here. just not well.


The truly devote must always be willing to suffer for their faith. Just give me a sec whilst I go find my goggles. As your aim, as you claim, is not very good I'd want very much to avoid unnecessary ocular damage from stray M&Ms. Woe be unto me if I were unable to continue to view the OTC and continue to wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...

Damn voices.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
charlie_grumbles
Posts: 1004
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:07 pm UTC
Location: Self Imposed Exile

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri May 10, 2013 5:56 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Any spies and/or minions of our Lord Randall present to inform Him of his fallibility?


Fallible? Do you know something GLR does not?
How could it be other than it is?
Heresy.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 5:57 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Can I go sit in the big comfy chair whilst the Inquisitor force Dark Chocolate unto me?

Okay, you can be coated in hot, dark chocolate and then pelted with expired M&Ms for the other poster's heresy. we aim to please here. just not well.


The truly devote must always be willing to suffer for their faith. Just give me a sec whilst I go find my goggles. As your aim, as you claim, is not very good I'd want very much to avoid unnecessary ocular damage from stray M&Ms. Woe be unto me if I were unable to continue to view the OTC and continue to wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...

Damn voices.


What do the voices say unto you?
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
ucim
Posts: 6758
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm UTC
Location: The One True Thread

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Fri May 10, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Heresy!!! Of course it was intended! The GLR MUST have had some divine purpose for repeating the same image at precisely that Newpix. There may be special meaning in the fact that Megan and Cueball are about to crest the hill...
These are moments that test our faith, but faith must not be blind. While what the OTA speaks is always Truth, we don't always truly hear what the OTA speaks, because we are fallible, and our communion with the OTA is, by its nature, incomplete. We cannot be one with the mind of the OTA.

So verily I say unto thee, where there is lacuna, do not substitute dogma, for therein is the illusion of fulfillment where none be truly had, and the temptation to take the Bully Pulpit premature. Enlightenment shall come, at the proper Time, in its own time.

We can only do best by following the Great Commandment1.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:

You must a-coma a-LOT! This thread is the "Chaos-all-the-Time!" channel on xkcdvision.

This is true, though I would argue that there is the normal chaos of the OTT, and then there is the Chaos that happens due to technical difficulties, if that makes sense. And I always seem to be away for the latter. :?

The solution seems clear to me: no more coma for you, your Blitziness... :)

How much cancerbabybaconcaffeine will we need to keep her awake forever?

Why in the world would you ever want to feed someone the strange dirt like substance called Cancerbabybaconcaffeine? People walk on it. BLEGH!

How else are we going to get enough Wake-up stuff into Her to keep her from ever allowing forum problems from happening again through coma?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
Earthling on Mars
Morning
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere in the Solar System

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Earthling on Mars » Fri May 10, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

QUONG

Image

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 10, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
What do the voices say unto you?


They say...and you're really not going to believe this part, for many think me mad (at least my coworkers have been worrying about me lately). But it's really incredible. They say...are you ready for this? Because this is really going to blow your mind.

The voices say unto me, they say, "Wait for it."

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

airdrik
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 3:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby airdrik » Fri May 10, 2013 6:02 pm UTC

She's thinking about the amoebacancerbabyONG
Spoiler:
Image

edit: ninja'd
Last edited by airdrik on Fri May 10, 2013 6:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eutychus
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:01 am UTC
Location: France

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eutychus » Fri May 10, 2013 6:02 pm UTC

I'm really worried Megan is indeed doing a Lot's wife.
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 6:02 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
We can only do best by following the Great Commandment1.

Jose

Was there supposed to be a footnote here?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

airdrik
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 3:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby airdrik » Fri May 10, 2013 6:04 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
ucim wrote:
We can only do best by following the Great Commandment1.

Jose

Was there supposed to be a footnote here?

1 you mean this one?

User avatar
ucim
Posts: 6758
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm UTC
Location: The One True Thread

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
ucim wrote:
We can only do best by following the Great Commandment1.

Jose

Was there supposed to be a footnote here?


It will be revealed, in its own time. In the meanwhile, we must follow the Great Commandment1.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

User avatar
Earthling on Mars
Morning
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere in the Solar System

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Earthling on Mars » Fri May 10, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
We can only do best by following the Great Commandment1.

Jose


(Footnote numbers without a footnote are rather like unclosed parenthesis.

Edit: Oh, whew, airdrik fixed it. Much better.

Edit2: Noo!



2 What, you thought this was a footnote?

User avatar
bighaben
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby bighaben » Fri May 10, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

Clearly Meagan, in her infinite foresight, is concerned about the stability of the dune, yet shows enough restraint to willingly allow her partner to succumb to his predestined rejoining of the ground, with his head, at the bottom of the dune.1

1For the lols.
Last edited by bighaben on Fri May 10, 2013 6:09 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
What do the voices say unto you?


They say...and you're really not going to believe this part, for many think me mad (at least my coworkers have been worrying about me lately). But it's really incredible. They say...are you ready for this? Because this is really going to blow your mind.

The voices say unto me, they say, "Wait for it."

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...


Interesting, very interesting... And do you repeat what they say out loud? If so this might explain the strange looks from your coworkers.

Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why am I always a-coma when Chaos erupts on the OTT? :roll:

You must a-coma a-LOT! This thread is the "Chaos-all-the-Time!" channel on xkcdvision.

This is true, though I would argue that there is the normal chaos of the OTT, and then there is the Chaos that happens due to technical difficulties, if that makes sense. And I always seem to be away for the latter. :?

The solution seems clear to me: no more coma for you, your Blitziness... :)

How much cancerbabybaconcaffeine will we need to keep her awake forever?

Why in the world would you ever want to feed someone the strange dirt like substance called Cancerbabybaconcaffeine? People walk on it. BLEGH!

How else are we going to get enough Wake-up stuff into Her to keep her from ever allowing forum problems from happening again through coma?


Old M&M's, duuuh.
Last edited by Opiboble on Fri May 10, 2013 6:09 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
ucim wrote:
We can only do best by following the Great Commandment1.

Jose


(Footnote numbers without a footnote are rather like unclosed parenthesis.

Edit: Oh, whew, airdrik fixed it. Much better.

Edit2: Noo!



2 What, you thought this was a footnote?

No, I just thought you were squaring your edit.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
pelrigg
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Fri May 10, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
ucim wrote:
We can only do best by following the Great Commandment1.

Jose

Was there supposed to be a footnote here?


Remember this is from the same fella who said:
ucim wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I think Lord Randall would have shown us the epicenes of the size of the bridge if it was a bridge.
If it were a bridge, he may yet. We'll just have to...
Spoiler:


Jose
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

User avatar
Copernicium112
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:54 am UTC
Location: The Present

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Copernicium112 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

Alright, as promised here is the composite updated to the newpix.
riverwalk-1239.png

Meagan has finally been able to see through the JavaScript, and everything makes sense now.

EDIT: I messed up my original composite (missing a few frames), thus this one is inaccurate as well.
Last edited by Copernicium112 on Fri May 10, 2013 8:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Crescat tempus; vita excolatur

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9051
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 10, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:This is true, though I would argue that there is the normal chaos of the OTT, and then there is the Chaos that happens due to technical difficulties, if that makes sense. And I always seem to be away for the latter. :?

The solution seems clear to me: no more coma for you, your Blitziness... :)

How much cancerbabybaconcaffeine will we need to keep her awake forever?

Why in the world would you ever want to feed someone the strange dirt like substance called Cancerbabybaconcaffeine? People walk on it. BLEGH!

How else are we going to get enough Wake-up stuff into Her to keep her from ever allowing forum problems from happening again through coma?

Oh dear. Perhaps imbibing normal caffeine would do the trick?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
ucim wrote:
We can only do best by following the Great Commandment1.

Jose

Was there supposed to be a footnote here?


Remember this is from the same fella who said:
ucim wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I think Lord Randall would have shown us the epicenes of the size of the bridge if it was a bridge.
If it were a bridge, he may yet. We'll just have to...
Spoiler:


Jose


Is ucim bringing out everyone's OCD again???
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 6:12 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
ucim wrote:
We can only do best by following the Great Commandment1.

Jose

Was there supposed to be a footnote here?


Remember this is from the same fella who said:
ucim wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I think Lord Randall would have shown us the epicenes of the size of the bridge if it was a bridge.
If it were a bridge, he may yet. We'll just have to...
Spoiler:


Jose

I was just trying to determine if he was just taking it to the first power, or footnoting.
@ Blitzgirl: Normal Caffeine? What is that?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9051
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 10, 2013 6:13 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:@ Blitzgirl: Normal Caffeine? What is that?

I'm not sure, but I believe it's something like semencoffeecancerbabiesonice minus the semencancerbabiesonice.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Dracomax wrote:@ Blitzgirl: Normal Caffeine? What is that?

I'm not sure, but I believe it's something like semencoffeecancerbabiesonice minus the semencancerbabiesonice.

Can we Do that? It's unheard of!
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Dracomax wrote:@ Blitzgirl: Normal Caffeine? What is that?

I'm not sure, but I believe it's something like semencoffeecancerbabiesonice minus the semencancerbabiesonice.


Interesting, how do you extract out the semencancerbabiesonice? They keep catching fire when I try :/
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 10, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

bighaben wrote:Clearly Meagan, in her infinite foresight, is concerned about the stability of the dune, yet shows enough restraint to willingly allow her partner to succumb to his predestined rejoining of the ground, with his head, at the bottom of the dune.1

1For the lols.


Huh...

I was just thinking that this Newpix has Megan, with a slight smile, her eyelids fluttering, bending her neck so she is able to watch Cueball go down in front of her.

But maybe our minds just think differently.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 10, 2013 6:16 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
What do the voices say unto you?


They say...and you're really not going to believe this part, for many think me mad (at least my coworkers have been worrying about me lately). But it's really incredible. They say...are you ready for this? Because this is really going to blow your mind.

The voices say unto me, they say, "Wait for it."


Interesting, very interesting... And do you repeat what they say out loud? If so this might explain the strange looks from your coworkers.


Oh, um...I...I don't know. Maybe? I...I think I might, when brewing a new pot of coffee in the break room. See, if I leave then it'll be gone when I get back so whilst its brewing I stand there and wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 10, 2013 6:20 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
bighaben wrote:Clearly Meagan, in her infinite foresight, is concerned about the stability of the dune, yet shows enough restraint to willingly allow her partner to succumb to his predestined rejoining of the ground, with his head, at the bottom of the dune.1

1For the lols.


Huh...

I was just thinking that this Newpix has Megan, with a slight smile, her eyelids fluttering, bending her neck so she is able to watch Cueball go down in front of her.


Awww...that's so sweet.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9051
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 10, 2013 6:21 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Dracomax wrote:@ Blitzgirl: Normal Caffeine? What is that?

I'm not sure, but I believe it's something like semencoffeecancerbabiesonice minus the semencancerbabiesonice.

Interesting, how do you extract out the semencancerbabiesonice? They keep catching fire when I try :/

I believe the Outside place "Starbucks" has a secret method for this.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moody7277 and 113 guests