1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 7:21 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Good Lord Randall, there are four, count them FOUR bots browsing the forum!
Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and MSN [Bot].

Edit: Looks like I scared most of them away. But now we have Google Feedfetcher.

I wonder what ads Google would give us based on this thread? :shock:

Caffeinated jerky. Bacon caffeine lollipops. Bacon maple coffee. Need I go on?

And of course a DVD collection of Monty Python, Doctor Who, Firefly, and The Sound of Music...

Where is this gift basket??? I want one!
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 10, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Caffeinatedmaplebaconlollipops might be a suitable alternative...

That looks ... horrible. :shock: Something must be wrong with the Outside if it contains such things. I'm never leaving the safe environment of the OTT anymore.

StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Apologies to anyone that tried to view my site and got a 503. For some reason my app pool crashed. Restarted it and I'm running again. Will check the logs tonight.
Also, sorry that the user pages are so slow. I will see what optimizations I can make there.

The fora servers took a dump (technical term for FUBAR'd) earlier -- your app relies on them, so your site might have suffered some collateral damage...

Either that, or Kieryn actually caused the forum downtime. And probably also caused the newpix duplication somehow. ;)

Could be! Maybe his app crashed and kept hammering the fora servers in a looping DoS attack, and it caused a quantum memory-core cascading bit-flux that rippled back to GLR's server, duplicating the existing newpix and rehashing it through a cross-modal time distortion.

It could happen...

Not yet .. at least from my site. I'm still on manual data updates for now. I only hit the fora servers once a day or so, when I'm home1, and only the past 50 NP's or so.

1[Heresy]After 8pm Eastern2[/Heresy]
2How do you say that in newpix3?
3I guess it would be something like 24 <= (np mod 24) > 20

Hmmmmmm..... Ok, but I'm not 100% convinced. Quantum memory-core cascading bit-fluxes are fluky beasts, and don't always require the affected devices to be on-line at the same time. Solar flares, a hiccup in gravitational density, or a butterfly flapping its wings in China can set them off.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Caffeinatedmaplebaconlollipops might be a suitable alternative...

That looks ... horrible. :shock: Something must be wrong with the Outside if it contains such things. I'm never leaving the safe environment of the OTT anymore.

StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Apologies to anyone that tried to view my site and got a 503. For some reason my app pool crashed. Restarted it and I'm running again. Will check the logs tonight.
Also, sorry that the user pages are so slow. I will see what optimizations I can make there.

The fora servers took a dump (technical term for FUBAR'd) earlier -- your app relies on them, so your site might have suffered some collateral damage...

Either that, or Kieryn actually caused the forum downtime. And probably also caused the newpix duplication somehow. ;)

Could be! Maybe his app crashed and kept hammering the fora servers in a looping DoS attack, and it caused a quantum memory-core cascading bit-flux that rippled back to GLR's server, duplicating the existing newpix and rehashing it through a cross-modal time distortion.

It could happen...

Not yet .. at least from my site. I'm still on manual data updates for now. I only hit the fora servers once a day or so, when I'm home1, and only the past 50 NP's or so.

Hmmmmmm..... Ok, but I'm not 100% convinced. Quantum memory-core cascading bit-fluxes are fluky beasts, and don't always require the affected devices to be on-line at the same time. Solar flares, a hiccup in gravitational density, or a butterfly flapping its wings in China can set them off.

But then you just reverse the polarity of the neutron flux, triplicate the flammability of port, and Set up a quantum flux in the ion field of the positronic server, and you are good to go.

I may watch too much Science fiction...
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 7:26 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

But then you just reverse the polarity of the neutron flux, triplicate the flammability of port, and Set up a quantum flux in the ion field of the positronic server, and you are good to go.

But how are you going to compensate the fluctuations in the earths magnetic field?
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

htom

Postby htom » Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
buffygirl wrote:Good Lord Randall, there are four, count them FOUR bots browsing the forum!

Edit: Looks like I scared most of them away. But now we have Google Feedfetcher.

They're all gone, now.

Chocolate.
Coffee.
Assorted candy.
Hats.
Baby accessories.
GPS units.
Timers.
Chairs and sofas.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

fatness

Postby fatness » Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Hmmmmmm..... Ok, but I'm not 100% convinced. Quantum memory-core cascading bit-fluxes are fluky beasts, and don't always require the affected devices to be on-line at the same time. Solar flares, a hiccup in gravitational density, or a butterfly flapping its wings in China can set them off.

Well, there WAS an M3-class solar flare at 0057 UTC earlier today. Hmmm...

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 7:28 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

But how are you going to compensate the fluctuations in the earths magnetic field?

If you set up a stable proton/antiproton field around your flux core, you can induce a temporal singularity which stabilizes gravitational fluxing.
“have i gone mad?

HES

Postby HES » Fri May 10, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

Okay, okay, I'm de-lurking. Mostly because I have outsider things to be doing that I want to put off as long as possible.

I'm sure this will go largely unseen due to newbie-mod-limbo, but I've been here since the dawn of Things that be on my side for 600, Alex! and want to thank you all for an entertaining 1243+ newpix. The creativity that can be spawned by boredom/insanity/cake is imply stunning.

I'd like to think that the OTC was a Birthday present from Lord Randall to me, and therefore I will (It started on my Birthday; sorry, all the cake is gone)

So, er, Hi!

~~ Whirly Time Ripple ~~
Bad Hair Man, referring to ergman, wrote:It's strange to stumble across someone's first ever post in the forum and then to look over and see that they now have 685 posts total. I guess you must have stuck around.

Yeeeah. I suppose you could say that I "stuck around", though "Lunged wildly into the thread" may be more accurate. 2514 at Time of writing.
~~ /Whirly Time Ripple ~~
Last edited by HES on Fri May 23, 2014 3:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 10, 2013 7:33 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

If you set up a stable proton/antiproton field around your flux core, you can induce a temporal singularity which stabilizes gravitational fluxing.

No! You can't use proton/anti-protons unless you recalibrate the farfenugen valve first, and then oscillate the quasi-stabalizing temporal pathways for the induced osmotic Feng-shuei effect!

Sheesh... You want to blow us all to smithereens?!?!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 7:33 pm UTC

htom wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

They're all gone, now.

Chocolate.
Coffee.
Assorted candy.
Hats.
Baby accessories.
GPS units.
Timers.
Chairs and sofas.

Psychiatrists.
Mental institutes.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 7:37 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

No! You can't use proton/anti-protons unless you recalibrate the farfenugen valve first, and then oscillate the quasi-stabalizing temporal pathways for the induced osmotic Feng-shuei effect!

It's actually quite simple so long as you stabilize the magnetoferric field using a plasma injunction from the Inverse Schwartzchild generator. Of course, It can only be accessed using a 3 quarters flagel nut, 45 CCs of mimmoth grease, and tuning fork in the key of G flat.
Last edited by Dracomax on Fri May 10, 2013 7:39 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
“have i gone mad?

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Fri May 10, 2013 7:38 pm UTC

Here's something I did instead of paying attention to a conference call at work:

The Waiting (with sincerest apologies to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
(Link for those of you not familiar with the song)

Oh, lately I've been reading xkcd
But it keeps on changing every day
Two stick figures just lyin' on their backs
All their words are profound like Legolas on crack
I keep saying that I'll give up today
But I cannot seem to tear my eyes away
I said yeah yeah

The waiting is what we live for
Every hour we get one pic more
You end up being more
Frustrated than before

Well, I've been living life inside this forum for weeks
Ketching up is all I seem to do
But there's a hundred people like me
All wondering who LaPetite really is too
They're tryin' to figure what the dialogue means
They're counting all the pixels like they're counting up beans
I said yeah yeah

You end up being more
Frustrated than before

Oh, don't even fall asleep, you might just miss The End
Don't even fall asleep, you might just miss The End
Oh, Randall we beseech, please make this worth the cost
We hope that there's a point, don't make this end like "Lost"

Yeah yeah

You end up being more
Frustrated than before
Oh, is what we live for
Oh, is what we live for
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri May 10, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

fatness wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:Hmmmmmm..... Ok, but I'm not 100% convinced. Quantum memory-core cascading bit-fluxes are fluky beasts, and don't always require the affected devices to be on-line at the same time. Solar flares, a hiccup in gravitational density, or a butterfly flapping its wings in China can set them off.

Well, there WAS an M3-class solar flare at 0057 UTC earlier today. Hmmm...

:shock: Was there a corresponding spike in the neutrino flux!?1

1Warning: actual science

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 10, 2013 7:41 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

It's actually quite simple so long as you stabilize the magnetoferric field using a plasma injunction from the Inverse Schwartzchild generator. Of course, It can only be accessed using a 3 quarters flagel nut, 45 CCs of mimmoth grease, and tuning fork in the key of G flat.

I thought it had to be a F sharp...

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri May 10, 2013 7:41 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Valarya wrote:Newpixbot didn't post it until [heresy]19 minutes[/heresy] after the gong?

Yeah, forums weren't responding, as you might have noticed. (Unless it was a geographic issue (e.g. routing).)

Opiboble wrote:wow, I just had 20min of not being able to access the OTT D: Most terrifying 20min of my life!

I actually didn't notice at all. I get busy here in the Outside and only refresh the OTT every hour newpix or so throughout the day. I still think that much is a bit obsessive¹. :mrgreen:

¹ : awesome
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Fri May 10, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

Well, whatever you do, don't cross the streams.

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 10, 2013 7:43 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

Well, yeah, you can do that too. Provided it's a Swiss left-handed tuning fork made out of polished unobtanium, of course.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 7:44 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

Yeah, total protonic reversal should only be done in other people's universes.
“have i gone mad?

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri May 10, 2013 7:47 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:Here's something I did instead of paying attention to a conference call at work:

Wish I could do that. I'm on my 5th one today, and it is scheduled to go until 10pm. (First one started at 9 am)
Proof positive that employees are not slaves.1

1 Because slaves must be treated carefully, as one's own property.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Fri May 10, 2013 7:47 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Spoiler:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

Yeah, total protonic reversal should only be done in other people's universe.

Though, I thought I had a couple of those lying around here somewhere..
well, I think I left those on the other side of the portal that I'd opened inside my bag of holding.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri May 10, 2013 7:48 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:Here's something I did instead of paying attention to a conference call at work:

Spoiler:

I said yeah yeah

You end up being more
Frustrated than before

I said yeah yeah

You end up being more
Frustrated than before

Yeah yeah

You end up being more
Frustrated than before
Oh, is what we live for
Oh, is what we live for

Thanks for this!!

ok, I need to stop reading and get on with hatting!

slinches: Please PM me with a sentence or two about yourself, so that I may work on your hat. Thank you!

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 7:48 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Spoiler:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

StratPlayer wrote:

It could happen...

well, I think I left those on the other side of the portal that I'd opened inside my bag of holding.

Tell me you didn't put a portable hole in a bag of holding, turn it inside out, and try to walk through the wall. That shit is dangerous.
“have i gone mad?

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 pm UTC

Spoiler:

I said yeah yeah

You end up being more
Frustrated than before

I said yeah yeah

You end up being more
Frustrated than before

Yeah yeah

You end up being more
Frustrated than before
Oh, is what we live for
Oh, is what we live for

Very nice!!!!

My favorite lines:

:D

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Spoiler:
<snip>

Tell me you didn't put a portable hole in a bag of holding, turn it inside out, and try to walk through the wall. That shit is dangerous.

um.. maybe

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 7:54 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Spoiler:
<snip>

um.. maybe

You're lucky you didn't get sucked into a random astral plane. Unfortunately, there's a good chance you've let an elder god into this dimension, or left a pinhole opening to the dungeon dimensions. We're going to have isolate the entire area under a nulmagic quarantine.
“have i gone mad?

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri May 10, 2013 7:54 pm UTC

Copernicium112 wrote:Alright, as promised here is the composite updated to the newpix.
riverwalk-1239.png

Meagan has finally been able to see through the JavaScript, and everything makes sense now.

Seeing it this way makes it look even more like the Hills¹ they discussed earlier. Not sand dunes, damnit! I stick by hills. I stick by hills! Thanks Copernicium!

buffygirl wrote:To the above named people: Please PM me with one or two sentences about yourself. I have discovered that this helps me with the creative process. Thank you.

Am I the only one in the existence of this thread who received a BuffyHat™ without asking, prompting or requesting one? I R speshal.

¹ : bigger ones
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:55 pm UTC

KarMann wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Good idea, although as a sea otter I can't remove my fur :(

Yeah, but look at the plus side: you can get away with skinny dipping all the time!

True. It's not a bad life at all really, this sea otter lark.

As long as you're not a female, and it's time to mate. Actually, your avatar looks to be a female otter. I say all of that because of this: http://www.ask.com/question/how-do-sea-otters-reproduce

Holy hell that is terrifying... but, considering I am neither female nor an otter, I don't think I should be concerned. Right?

And not a seal cub. Don't ask, really, just . . . don't even ask.

Added: Or maybe it was sea lion. Memory's slightly fuzzy, and I really don't want to go refreshing the details.

It's a pretty rough life being a seal or sea lion cub, to be honest. I don't recommend it.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Fri May 10, 2013 7:56 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:<snip>

um.. maybe

You're lucky you didn't get sucked into a random astral plane. Unfortunately, there's a good chance you've let an elder god into this dimension, or left a pinhole opening to the dungeon dimensions. We're going to have isolate the entire area under a nulmagic quarantine.

Well, I think we're covered. I used duck tape.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri May 10, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

she's onging
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Fri May 10, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

FALLINGDONG
Spoiler:
ninja'd
Last edited by spamjam on Fri May 10, 2013 8:02 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

um.. maybe

I'd suggest nuking it from orbit, just to be sure, but some of these things can survive nukes.

We may have to induce a full, artificial schwartzchild limit around the entire facility. and even then, I can't be sure nothing will escape given time. Hawking radiation degrades Anything less than supersolar mass far too quickly.
“have i gone mad?

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri May 10, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

And now all the Fallist are saying "I CALLED IT!"
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 10, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

Wait, is she falling, or jumping? Cause it looks more like a jump than a fall to me.
“have i gone mad?

bighaben

Postby bighaben » Fri May 10, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:And now all the Fallist are saying "I CALLED IT!"

This is not a fall, it's more like a leap with a very determined outcome. Which, I think, is the complete opposite of a fall.

Still, it's what I wanted.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Fri May 10, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
airdrik wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

um.. maybe

Oh no! Looks like my post triggered a self-referential non-conducting super-hyperbole flux with no stabilizing cross-reference de-normalizer to control it! This thing could never stop!

Ah well, I guess i need to change my quoted counts to include nesting; that way my OP will become the most quoted post ever! HAHAHA HA AAH AHH HAA HAAAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri May 10, 2013 8:09 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:she's onging
Spoiler:

I think this is the Python: import antigravity
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

fatness

Postby fatness » Fri May 10, 2013 8:13 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:Wait, is she falling, or jumping? Cause it looks more like a jump than a fall to me.

Looks like an attempt at flying here. Or at least a takeoff.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri May 10, 2013 8:17 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:Actually I'm older than that. <snip/> Sept. 1960 <snip/>

Did you happen to get to see Hendrix live? :D

lmjb1964 wrote:Help! I'm trapped by Outside forces. Must..try...to return to forum...NewPage numbers getting bigger...Ahhhhh! Outside is too strong, pulling me away...don't forget me! I'll be back!

The forces of the "dark side" are strong. They pull on me often, as well. Partly why I'm 24np behind. I made the following panorama while I wasn't following the OTT. (Sorry for using my response to you to transition to the following.)

Also, apologies to anyone who's already done this, as I am still blindposting. :(

Edit: Yup, I was ninja'd.
Attachments
Time_Panorama_3.png
Newpix 1150-1236.
Last edited by azule on Sat May 11, 2013 6:26 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Fri May 10, 2013 8:19 pm UTC

For a second I thought you guys were playing Spaceteam.

Also, jumping includes falling, and I would guess she's in the falling half of the jumping.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri May 10, 2013 8:23 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
buffygirl wrote:To the above named people: Please PM me with one or two sentences about yourself. I have discovered that this helps me with the creative process. Thank you.

Am I the only one in the existence of this thread who received a BuffyHat™ without asking, prompting or requesting one? I R speshal.
¹ : bigger ones

Well, actually, Kieryn and mojacardave both received gifted hats without requesting, I believe, for their awesome graph-iness and stuff. And there have been a few where the individual themselves did not request a hat, but someone nominated them for a hat. I don't recall if cmyk requested his. I think I hatted you because you (probably inadvertently) issued a challenge that your avi could not be hatted. :P

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”