1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 15, 2013 11:04 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:See the updated map.

Still an awesome piece of work!
I see you haven't made your mind up yet about where Cueball has stumbled off to?

Awesome might not be a awesome enough word for that map. Great work Bookbinder!

edit: OH SNAP! I thought it was just a img file, that shit is interactive! Yeah awesome is not a good enough word.
Last edited by Opiboble on Wed May 15, 2013 11:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed May 15, 2013 11:04 pm UTC

And now he's...eating the flower? Or is it not a flower?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 15, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:SniffONG?

EatONG, I'd say. (I hope those aren't poisonous berries...)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 15, 2013 11:09 pm UTC

I thought that looked like a berry bush he was molesting!
If those berries are poisonous the bush will have its sweet and tangy revenge...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
bmonk wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:I don't think I've seen that OtherComic. See, it is all related.

That makes you one of the lucky 10,000? (or here, would it be 100?)

:? You mean one of the lucky 10,000 that hasn't seen the OtherComic? In the world? 'Cause that's a lot more than 10,000. Or?? I'm confused.

bmonk assumes that everyone has seen the comic by age 30, and that you are under 30 and in the US, so you're one of the lucky 10,000.

oooohhhhhh. I see.

Ha, I wish I was under 30. Does mental age count?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

fatness

Postby fatness » Wed May 15, 2013 11:11 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:<snip>

I'm confused about that, because haven't they been walking alongside the river this whole time? It must have bent at some point, and now they're close to rejoining it.

See the updated map.

Very nice. We're about a dozen newpix from Settlers of Cuegan.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed May 15, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:<snip>

I'm confused about that, because haven't they been walking alongside the river this whole time? It must have bent at some point, and now they're close to rejoining it.

See the updated map.

Ah, it all makes sense again. That's very neat, much like certain trees :)

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Wed May 15, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Angelastic wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
bmonk wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:I don't think I've seen that OtherComic. See, it is all related.

That makes you one of the lucky 10,000? (or here, would it be 100?)

:? You mean one of the lucky 10,000 that hasn't seen the OtherComic? In the world? 'Cause that's a lot more than 10,000. Or?? I'm confused.

bmonk assumes that everyone has seen the comic by age 30, and that you are under 30 and in the US, so you're one of the lucky 10,000.

oooohhhhhh. I see.

Ha, I wish I was under 30. Does mental age count?

Of course. You have to grow older. You need not grow up.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

HES

Postby HES » Wed May 15, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I thought that looked like a berry bush he was molesting!
If those berries are poisonous the bush will have its sweet and tangy revenge...

I don't understand the point of poisonous berries. Isn't the purpose of fruit to be eaten by animals in order to spread the seeds farther afield?
(disclaimer: definitely not a biologist)
He/Him/His Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed May 15, 2013 11:31 pm UTC

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I thought that looked like a berry bush he was molesting!

I don't understand the point of poisonous berries. Isn't the purpose of fruit to be eaten by animals in order to spread the seeds farther afield?
(disclaimer: definitely not a biologist)

Yes, but you have to make sure the right animals eat them. Poisonous berries are not poisonous to birds, and they're the ones with digestive systems that won't digest the seeds.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Wed May 15, 2013 11:33 pm UTC

Cambridge Chilli Farm's Smoked Scotch Bonnet & Red Pepper Sauce Time.

spamjam wrote:ONGTHEROADAGAIN

Spoiler:
With credit to Willie Nelson
Ong the road again
Just can't wait to get ong the road again.
The life I love is waitin' for it with my friends
And I can't wait to get ong the road again.

Ong the road again
Goin' places that I've never been.
Seein' things that I may never see again
I can't wait to get ong the road again.

Ong the road again
Like a thread of posters we go down the highway
We're the best of friends.
Insisting that the frames keep turning our way
And our way
is ong the road again.

<instrumental>

Ong the road again
Like a thread of posters we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the frames keep turning our way
And our way
is ong the road again.
I find it interesting to consider the different approaches to song paradies. I generally try to make as few changes as possible in order to fit a new theme, although others will change the lyrics entirely, preserving only the tune. I don't consider either to be superior, they are merely alternatives.

Ebonite wrote:Well, if you want semi-useful, here's a short but fun little program I once wrote. . .

Spoiler:
On our department's UNIX system, I wrote a shell script (called "zap") that slept for 5 minutes, and then, in a loop:

- searched to see if a specified user was logged in
- if so, found which terminal he was using
- sent a "clear screen" signal to his terminal
- slept for 30 seconds
- repeated.

This ran as a background task, even when I was logged off, and was a root process (not associated with my personal userid). It would run until I logged back in and killed it.

So my friend had just logged in. I typed "zap <victimname>", and then logged off and walked over to say hello. While we stood there and chatted, his screen cleared. He looked at it, and then tentatively hit the "enter" key. He got a prompt, so he shrugged it off. After chatting for 30 seconds, it happened again. He assumed the terminal was screwed up, so he logged off and moved to another terminal. And it happened again. And again. And it followed him to every terminal he tried. And of course, no one else was having any problems but him. . .

I did this to him a couple of times for short periods just to annoy him. One time, I left the process running. He'd try to get some work done, see "the problem" happening again, log off and go to class, come back an hour later and try again, see that it was still happening. . .go home and come back the next morning, and it was STILL happening!

Eventually, I called him over to my terminal and showed him the code for "this little program I had written". The look on his face as he figured out what it was, was priceless!

College was so much fun. Another guy edited the code for the "login" procedure to target another person. He added a statement that essentially said "if the id entered by the user is <victimname>, then reject the password as incorrect." When the victim tried to login a second time, he would succeed just fine; the idea was that he would assume his just mistyped it the first time.

However, the code was a little more complex than that: it had a date counter that said "on the second day, reject the password twice." "On the third day, reject the password three times". And so on.

It took the victim about four days before he figured out that something was going on. It took him another three days before it occurred to him that the code for the login procedure has been changed. :D

It's probably a good thing I never had root access at uni, else I too may have wreaked that sort of havoc. If one of my friends left their computer unlocked and unattended, I would start a program (rosten's entry to the 2001 IOCCC) which would make the cursor in X11 bounce around the screen whenever it was moved. If I was feeling more malicious, I would add the following lines to their .bashrc

Code: Select all

dirname=".`ddate`"
mkdir "$dirname"
cp * "$dirname"
We had a pretty limited disk quota, so it didn't usually take long to see the effects.

RobIrr wrote:
HES wrote:There was some film where the entire plot relied on an image enhancement at the beginning, where they turned CCTV into a 3D image, rotated it, and noticed a bulge is someone's bag on the far side of the camera's view. I stopped watching at that point

It's very irritating... especially when one actually has a CCTV system, and all you can get out of it is a blurry smudge..

Obligatory TVTropes link:
Spoiler:
Really? You seriously want to waste the rest of the wip lost over there? OK. Click this dot \ Image

My job is writing software which analyses CCTV feeds, so I know quite well how what is possible in reality compares to what happens in fiction. I am happy not to be the person who has to talk to certain potential customers who expect that sort of performance.
Optional link to Red Dwarf's over-the-top version.
Lord Randall, Creator of the One True Comic wrote:Wait for it.

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:
"ic'd like an coffee, please. Hold the baby!"
"hwæt? eow be, like, weird."
"Y-Y-You too.FULL STOPFULL STOP"

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Wed May 15, 2013 11:33 pm UTC

My best prank back in the day - a login script that remapped the entire keyboard (only lowercase though, so I could disable it myself) - those were the days :-)
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 15, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

What a great sONG, Smithers! I love Present presents, and this post is another one for all you smiley-lovers out there!

First, the secret substance that we all know and love, in smiley form:

ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage

Hatted smiley hodgepodge!
Spoiler:
Image - - Image - - Image - - Image - - Image

Image - - Image - -
ImageImage

Image - - Image - - Image - - Image

Image OMR, they killed Cueball! You mustards! Image

Various OTT-related smileys:

ImageImageImage

---edited to remove dead smileys. rest in peace, smileys.---
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:22 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed May 15, 2013 11:40 pm UTC

@ChronosDragon - Interesting story. I thought you were younger than that. Old soul?

Vytron wrote:
Spoiler:
I can't take it anymore! Just read The Second Controversy Of What People Should Be Posting and it was greatly disheartening to read that about half the thread got sick of blitzers like, 9 days ago (so the news that it's old are already old!), they skip the "epigones", they hate the reports of blitzers on blitzers, and think the thread should be about the OTC and not this bad recursion.

It hurt in the stomach to have that realization, I had already gotten a few vibes of it, but reading about it all in one sitting is a real mood-killer. They want us to spoiler the whole thing so they can skip it faster!

I know the other half of people enjoy reading about the progress and appreciate the richness of the thread, but this awareness of it just makes it impossible to continue (the thing I dislike the most is causing drama; the biggest drama in the thread was about blitzers). So this is my last SignPost. I don't want to feel like this anymore.

Many thanks to mscha, ucim, descor, BlitzGirl, Valarya, StratPlayer, jjjdavidson, azule, tman2nd, Swein, all the people that had sigcouragement or communicated with me at some point, and all the people that I'm forgetting to mention (I love you all!) but have made my Quest so worth it!

I will continue to ketchup to the present, though now, silently, and will eagerly wait for the SignPosts of other blitzers like VoronX and TheMinim and other travelers (hopefully they have a thicker skin than me!), which really, are the meat and potatoes of this thread to me.

<- Will now continue reporting my progress in the Location bar... Oh wait, it's this way -> or not...

See you in the present!

Don't feel bad! :( Opinions are opinions. I think the only agreement I'd have with the other side is that double dipping (recursive signposting) may be bad form. But, again, just opinion. It's really not that hard to get the gist of it and move along (skim) to the responses part. I'm pretty sure you're our second notable TimeTraveler, and as such it would be great to have you finish your journey as you began it. You're forcing me to sigcourage you, damnit! :P

Awefulsome Biology:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:Still trying to sriracha. You guys are posting too much cool stuff, and too many awfulesome puns. Here are some random responses:

Azule, congrats on the baby! We seem to be quite the fertile bunch here.

It wasn't one of you, I swear! *remembers biology* Oh, nevermind. And Thanks!!

P.S. I like "awfulesome". :D or is it "awefulsome"? :)

River Walk (Dance of the Walking Slowly and Doing Nothing):
Spoiler:
Vytron wrote:Cueball and Megan can keep looking at the river forever...

Oh how much you'll wish they would still be doing that compared to the Long Walk. lol.

Pervy Puppy Pillows:
Spoiler:
fatness wrote:Yes, time to grab a pillow.

Those aren't pillows!

I think you and me make up the cute and perverted club, based on avies. :lol:

RobIrr wrote:Thank you BlitzGirl! That's had me chuckling for ages! (And, in case I didn't say it before, as I was, um, blitzing my ketchup at the time, the Boom de yada comic was fantastic too; I've got a printout stuck up next to me now!)

PixPlz! (Face/arm/nose w/ printout.)
BTW, mscha, I think your mod of the mod of the mod was "Neat". I know you know that I like mods in my mod, so thanks for modding that too. Neat-o!

Edit: I'm at newpix 1350.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

HES

Postby HES » Wed May 15, 2013 11:42 pm UTC

Smithers wrote:I find it interesting to consider the different approaches to song paradies. I generally try to make as few changes as possible in order to fit a new theme, although others will change the lyrics entirely, preserving only the tune. I don't consider either to be superior, they are merely alternatives.

I prefer this approach, mostly because I'm lazy. Though in the case of Madness, it was pretty fitting already

Smithers wrote:Optional link to Red Dwarf's over-the-top version.

Nice example. I didn't find the RD reboot nearly as good as the original series' though
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 15, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Image OMR, they killed Cueball! You poisonous berries! Image

FTFY.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Wed May 15, 2013 11:47 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:What a great sONG, Smithers! I love Present presents, and this post is another one for all you smiley-lovers out there!

Spoiler:

Image - - Image - - Image
Image - - Image - - ImageImage

ImageImageImage

...Clever girl...
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 15, 2013 11:47 pm UTC

Thanks!

Of course, the poisonous berrybush is leeching nutrients from the underground mustard, no wonder...

Cueball! Spit out those heretical mustard-berries RIGHT NOW!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 16, 2013 12:07 am UTC

Ding, DONG, is Cueball dead?

And yes, this is a double post. So there. I am like the Sea5.

5does whatever it wants
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Thu May 16, 2013 12:09 am UTC

BlitzNinjad

Seems edible then
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu May 16, 2013 12:12 am UTC

HES wrote:Seems edible then

We'll see. Might not be a fast working poison.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu May 16, 2013 12:13 am UTC

HES wrote:BlitzNinjad

Seems edible then

depends on how long it takes between frames, as food poisoning can take hours before it shows up.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

HES

Postby HES » Thu May 16, 2013 12:13 am UTC

HES wrote:
Seems to taste alright then

FTFM
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 16, 2013 12:14 am UTC

It is possible that the mustard-berries will poison the brain-eating amoeba in Cueball's head.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

jolleychris

Postby jolleychris » Thu May 16, 2013 12:17 am UTC

Scene 1: Sands of time
Scene 2: River of time
Scene 3: ????? of time?

Just a thought...

lgw

Postby lgw » Thu May 16, 2013 12:18 am UTC

HES wrote:BlitzNinjad

Seems edible then

I'm reminded of my favorite CSN song (set in some post-apocalypse):
Stills: Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Crosby: Yes, I've been eating them for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.
Stills: Probably keep us both alive.

The start of that song is amazing and effective storytelling, evoking so much with just a few lines. Hmm, sorta like conveying so much with just a few stick-figure-shaped lines.
"In no set of physics laws do you get two cats." - doogly

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 16, 2013 12:19 am UTC

jolleychris wrote:Scene 1: Sands of time

Scene 3: Out of time

(The last TimeFrames of Cueball.)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu May 16, 2013 12:29 am UTC

jolleychris wrote:Scene 1: Sands of time

Just a thought...

Scene 3: Molpy of time

Also, this is me posting from my phone. Don't know how well it will turn out. Careful!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 am UTC

Just reporting I opened a gate from page 617, so I have no idea what happened between there and here (and I won't go back; I have no Time for this).
So, did the First Cleric saga get a Chapter 4?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Thu May 16, 2013 12:34 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:
Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Yummy! Please accept this smiley as payment, and as apology for my rogue posting of 400 cupcakes earlier:

This is the best emote I have ever seen (though cupcakes are 100% free around here). If only it was wearing a molpy hat, I might never use another smiley ever again. Who can make a molpy hat for this .gif?

Also, after my mini-blitz I didn't see anyone post the OtherComic!

I don't know how to hat a .gif. I don't even know how to do anything with a .gif. THUS - The BuffyDashery will Outsource This Assignment to Anyone Wishing To Do So Just This Once.

A blessing from the Buffydashery upon hats made by others is rarely bestowed, so I feel I must take this opportunity to create:
The tricherry-hatted-cupcake-eating-smiley.
cupcake_smiley_hatted.gif
cupcake_smiley_hatted.gif (12.75 KiB) Viewed 15732 times
Delicious!

Helper wrote:The great thing about this needle-pulled thing be that it tin turn ænig everyday situation into an hilarious nightmare:
Helper goeth to Starbux:

Arky

Postby Arky » Thu May 16, 2013 12:52 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Fewer and fewer people writing more and more about less and less. If this trend continues, eventually it will be nobody writing everything about nothing.

That's OK, we could use some more Seinfeld episodes.
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

HES

Postby HES » Thu May 16, 2013 12:57 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Just reporting I opened a gate from page 617, so I have no idea what happened between there and here (and I won't go back; I have no Time for this).

Yes

P.S. Heretic! :wink:
He/Him/His Image

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu May 16, 2013 1:03 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Goggalor wrote:So I don't know if anyone here is a fan of art games, but Proteus is currently 50% off and I think this is the closest thing there is to experiencing the OTC. I know for me at least, playing it filled me with a sense of awe and wonder and I was fascinated about learning about the world I was in. The entire time I was playing through it I kept thinking about the OTC.

Thanks for the tipoff. I've had my eye on it for a while but considered it a bit too frivolous, now's my chance to see what all the hype is about.

Goggalor, what you did to me...

For a "game" where all you do is walk around, look, and listen, Proteus is absurdly fascinating. The sale is over, but the regular price is only $10. But don't look at it now - wait until the End of Time! It's as big a time suck as TVTropes - it's the reason this is my only post of the whole evening. If you want to get any sleep at all in the coming xips and wips, wait until the End of Time to try it!

StratPlayer wrote:
Opiboble wrote:Well you don't need to put chocolate ships in them, I just have a chocolate craving today... How ever I would like a peeled grape...

Alright... Here ya go:
Spoiler:

AAAHHHH! My eyes! They're peeled!

More Old Fart Computer Stuff:
Spoiler:
Ebonite wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:Old Farts and First Computers: My first programming experience was on a Texas Instruments TI-58 calculator my parents bought me as a high school graduation present. Wikipedia says it was "Turing-complete," so I guess that counts.

I had a c64, and we had to program uphill in the snow, both ways just to run a simple program.
I first learned FORTRAN programming in college on my university's IBM 360 mainframe. Back then, we used punch cards to run batch programs, and waited around 5-10 minutes (depending on how busy they were) before we got our results back on a printout. You could recognize a beginner because they carried their card decks in their hands, usually held together with a rubber band; "real" programmers had programs that filled a whole box of cards.

When the department faculty discovered I was really good at programming, I got welcomed into the "inner circle", and was granted access to the "Time-Sharing Facility". That meant I was issued a special account where I could actually use one of the console terminals, write programs in BASIC, and store them on a disk drive somewhere instead of using punch cards!

I still have card decks from some of my early IBM 1130 programs. (As well as some other decks, including a data deck for the Farrah Fawcett poster that was so popular in the 70s.) The 1130 was fun, in its way; the entire bootstrap fit on a single punch card, only 120 bytes. But when we wanted to run COBOL, we had to connect the 1130 to an IBM 360 at another school, using a program called HASP that turned the entire 1130 into a remote card reader. (Reportedly, we could crash the remote 360 by feeding an 1130 boot card into HASP.)

Later my school had terminals that connected to the 360 by phone. With those, we could play an ASCII-art Star Trek game, the first visual computer game I ever saw. But I skipped completely over the Trash-80, the C64, the Apple ][ and all of those.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

tman2nd

Spoiler Report 4

Postby tman2nd » Thu May 16, 2013 1:04 am UTC

patzer wrote:
mojacardave wrote:Latest frame (auto updates):
[img]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png[/img ]

Quoted spoiler on page 47!
Last edited by tman2nd on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:06 am UTC

HES wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Just reporting I opened a gate from page 617, so I have no idea what happened between there and here (and I won't go back; I have no Time for this).

Yes

P.S. Heretic! :wink:

Hey. If we're going to be critical of Blitzposts, we shouldn't also be critical when people skip to the present. I've skipped a combined total of almost 200 NP, and I'm doing fine here in the present (40ish and then 80ish back when the thread was going too fast {the 40-page skipped pages from only one day!}, and 70ish after I got back from vacation).
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu May 16, 2013 1:06 am UTC

Still breathONG...Image(Okay, I got one more post in. Now back to Proteus!)
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Thu May 16, 2013 1:07 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu May 16, 2013 1:07 am UTC

SOMEONESGOTTAGOng...
Spoiler:
(Ninja'd)

Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Smithers

Postby Smithers » Thu May 16, 2013 1:08 am UTC

lgw wrote:I'm reminded of my favorite CSN song (set in some post-apocalypse):
Stills: Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Crosby: Yes, I've been eating them for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.
Stills: Probably keep us both alive.

The start of that song is amazing and effective storytelling, evoking so much with just a few lines. Hmm, sorta like conveying so much with just a few stick-figure-shaped lines.

Well, that made very little sense, but was quite an enjoyable listen; thanks.

Say; do you know what else makes very little sense, but is also quite enjoyable?
(Edit: Blitzers may wish to read this footnote regarding the first link.)
[this]. Also [this].
It's all related.

And for my next trick: I'm coma. Happy waiting all; see you in about an icosinewpix.

Edit: footnote for the benefit of Blitzers. The first link leads to a page showing the current Frame, which you may consider a spoiler. I guess I assumed that most people here, like me,
a) check the target of links (especially ambiguously labelled ones) before following them and
b) recognise the One True URI,
but posters on the next page have suggested an edit here, so I have obliged.
Last edited by Smithers on Thu May 16, 2013 11:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Helper goeth to Starbux:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu May 16, 2013 1:10 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:What a great sONG, Smithers! I love Present presents, and this post is another one for all you smiley-lovers out there!

Spoiler:

Image - - Image - - Image
Image - - Image - - ImageImage

ImageImageImage

Ehehe, seamen :P
Another fine collection, ma'am! Image
And if I may provide one of my own (actually my own, just drew and animated it now) for condiment usage... Image
(Sorry I couldn't get it to work with a transparent background. Gimp piles the layers on top of each other rather than replacing them each time so it left a trail behind. Couldn't figure out how to get it to not do that...)
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Thu May 16, 2013 1:14 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

astrocub

Postby astrocub » Thu May 16, 2013 1:11 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:It is possible that the mustard-berries will poison the brain-eating amoeba in Cueball's head.

Noooo, not poor Nigel!

Also, I hope his berry poisoning is excruciatingly slow and painful, just like this comic uhh, the river. Which is small. And bigger than it looked. And neat too, randalldammit.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”