1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

charlie_grumbles

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri May 17, 2013 5:25 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:My suggestion? make them suggestions instead of rules. People have no problem ignoring suggestions, but feel rules are something which they should not break.

GLR (assuming he exists, of course) can make rules for the OTT, as for the OTC, but only he/she/it can. To suggest we low life forms can is only hubris. Humility, fellow timewaiters, humility.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 17, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
Opiboble wrote:My only issue with blitzing is when people bring up an argument/question that was resolved 3 posts after the quote they take, example being the Lego/Lego's thing

I agree with your issue in general, but I don't think that's a good example. I believe it was my post that unexpectedly got the Lego discussion going at full steam again, but I can assure you I read all the way up to the present time before posting that (I do not blindpost) and it still seemed like an open topic that I could (usefully?) add my voice to. Okay, maybe not so usefully, since IIRC it was more of a 'me too', but it did still seem like an open topic, from the recent-enough past that I got to it during normal post-coma/Outside tomato sauce. Given all the discussion that followed, I'd say it was not resolved.

Edit: Woohoo! Holy Helmentmonger's Highest Habitué!

Your post wasn't a problem, but I saw plenty of people who would post form 3-5NP back when the same subject was much farther along, and they were posting the same thing as other people who had posted from that far back.

But either way this flame is dragging on farther then I was wanting. In conclusion I wanted to make the point to people blitzing from a night of coma to read ahead, be mindful of were you are blind posting from as to minimize a repeat of things that have already been mentioned by someone ahead of you.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 17, 2013 5:31 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
Dracomax wrote:My suggestion? make them suggestions instead of rules. People have no problem ignoring suggestions, but feel rules are something which they should not break.

GLR (assuming he exists, of course) can make rules for the OTT, as for the OTC, but only he/she/it can. To suggest we low life forms can is only hubris. Humility, fellow timewaiters, humility.

Well, technically administratiors and moderators can make rules here. However, they all seem to have dissapeared and given up on us...
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Fri May 17, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:But either way this flame is dragging on farther then I was wanting. In conclusion I wanted to make the point to people blitzing from a night of coma to read ahead, be mindful of were you are blind posting from as to minimize a repeat of things that have already been mentioned by someone ahead of you.

flame candle - please, this Tread has had no flames or flame wars. It's a point of pride.

More seriously, you might want to put your point into your sig (as a suggestion), it's a good one.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri May 17, 2013 5:36 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
Opiboble wrote:My only issue with blitzing is when people bring up an argument/question that was resolved 3 posts after the quote they take, example being the Lego/Lego's thing

I agree with your issue in general, but I don't think that's a good example. I believe it was my post that unexpectedly got the Lego discussion going at full steam again, but I can assure you I read all the way up to the present time before posting that (I do not blindpost) and it still seemed like an open topic that I could (usefully?) add my voice to. Okay, maybe not so usefully, since IIRC it was more of a 'me too', but it did still seem like an open topic, from the recent-enough past that I got to it during normal post-coma/Outside tomato sauce. Given all the discussion that followed, I'd say it was not resolved.

Not sure we were trying for resolution, but clearly there was more to be said on that topic. I'd guess if a bunch of people just found the OTC today, and started blitzing the thread, and posted, "Hey guys, this is cool, do you think they'll build a sandcastle?" that might get annoying. I'm not too worried about that happening though.

Dracomax wrote:
SBN wrote: so I sort of hope the blitzers aren't trying to follow all the sigrules we've given them, since some are contradictory.
It is pretty sure that however anyone posts, blitzer or not, some will like it, and some will not.

My suggestion? make them suggestions instead of rules. People have no problem ignoring suggestions, but feel rules are something which they should not break.

also, Ralph Waldo Emerson once said " foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines"

Fair point, though sigsuggestions is a bit unwieldy. I am going to hold to the no flashy-thing rule.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri May 17, 2013 5:38 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:Well, technically administratiors and moderators can make rules here. However, they all seem to have dissapeared and given up on us...

I humbly submit to the Grand High Lord Inquisitor. Your understanding exceeds my own.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 17, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

ttscp wrote:
Opiboble wrote:But either way this flame is dragging on farther then I was wanting. In conclusion I wanted to make the point to people blitzing from a night of coma to read ahead, be mindful of were you are blind posting from as to minimize a repeat of things that have already been mentioned by someone ahead of you.

flame candle - please, this Tread has had no flames or flame wars. It's a point of pride.

More seriously, you might want to put your point into your sig (as a suggestion), it's a good one.

Good Idea : D

ETA: DRAT! I don't have enough sig space! D:
ETA2: A link works, lol.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri May 17, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
ttscp wrote:

Hal9000 made his into an image, that seems to work. (Without leading the blitzers down dangerous paths.)
And yes, while we do clearly have things we hold different opinions about (Thank Randall) we have not had any flames.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 17, 2013 5:51 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
ttscp wrote:

Hal9000 made his into an image, that seems to work. (Without leading the blitzers down dangerous paths.)
And yes, while we do clearly have things we hold different opinions about (Thank Randall) we have not had any flames.

I would make one but all I have is MS paint at work :/ and I don't have access to a host to load the file to when I am here either :/

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 17, 2013 5:53 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
ergman wrote:
Spoiler:
mscha wrote:
Ebonite wrote:Another fun thing he did in the class was show pictures of common objects (such as the wheelbarrow) and ask students to write down what they were called. Some of them included:
- a bottle containing a carbonated beverage
- the valve-like device attached to the side of your house that you might attach a garden hose to
- a paper container that the grocery store puts your purchases into so you can carry them out

For the record:
- “frisdank”, or simply “fris”
- “kraan”
- “zak”
Do you like your fris fizzy?
How cool would it be if frisdank just poured out of your kraan, instead of having to get it by the zak?

That I adapted so quickly to such usage of those words, that it all made perfect sense, to me is, somewhat, disturbing. :shock:

That's a side effect of reading the OTT about the OTC (currently featuring Cuegan drinking from the dilgunnerang). Even the molpy-minded adapt faster than a sparrow-raptor, absorbing new terms every newpix, whether it's from a discussion read while ketchup blitzing the pastposts, a sigcouragement response, or from the most recent B/D/G ONG. (Birds-that-we-don't-wish-to-call-birds-but-maybe-boobies-will-be-okay, anyone?) I wonder if the OTA, GLR, had any idea what would happen when he unleashed this marvel upon Outside minds, who now scan semencoffeebaconcancerbabiesonice for any sign of heretical mustard, compare the heights of creatures in centicues, keep the OTW updated and give each other Present Presents. Whether we be Amoebaeists or Loopists, Temporal Illuminati or Timewaiters, PFANPs or Mopey Molpy Momes, Trekers or thread-dwellers living in the Now, we know how to take any Madness that infects this needle-pulled thing in stride as we Wait for it together.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 17, 2013 5:54 pm UTC

Not this again...
Can we *please* stop sending rules or suggestions or whatnot to Blitzers? It's arrogant. We present dwellers are in no way "superior" to Blitzers.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri May 17, 2013 5:57 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Not this again...
Can we *please* stop sending rules or suggestions or whatnot to Blitzers? It's arrogant. We present dwellers are in no way "superior" to Blitzers.

The OTT is as it is. How could it be otherwise than as it is?

It will be what it will be.

Wait
for
it.
-- Charlie Grumbles

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Fri May 17, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
ergman wrote:
Spoiler:
mscha wrote:
Ebonite wrote:Another fun thing he did in the class was show pictures of common objects (such as the wheelbarrow) and ask students to write down what they were called. Some of them included:
- the valve-like device attached to the side of your house that you might attach a garden hose to
- a paper container that the grocery store puts your purchases into so you can carry them out

For the record:
- “kraan”
- “zak”
How cool would it be if frisdank just poured out of your kraan, instead of having to get it by the zak?

That I adapted so quickly to such usage of those words, that it all made perfect sense, to me is, somewhat, disturbing. :shock:

That's a side effect of reading the OTT about the OTC (currently featuring Cuegan drinking from the dilgunnerang). Even the molpy-minded adapt faster than a sparrow-raptor, absorbing new terms every newpix, whether it's from a discussion read while ketchup blitzing the pastposts, a sigcouragement response, or from the most recent B/D/G ONG. (Birds-that-we-don't-wish-to-call-birds-but-maybe-boobies-will-be-okay, anyone?) I wonder if the OTA, GLR, had any idea what would happen when he unleashed this marvel upon Outside minds, who now scan semencoffeebaconcancerbabiesonice for any sign of heretical mustard, compare the heights of creatures in centicues, keep the OTW updated and give each other Present Presents. Whether we be Amoebaeists or Loopists, Temporal Illuminati or Timewaiters, PFANPs or Mopey Molpy Momes, Trekers or thread-dwellers living in the Now, we know how to take any Madness that infects this needle-pulled thing in stride as we Wait for it together.

That was beautiful. With all of our discussions about Outside dialects, we forgot we've created one of our own!

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Fri May 17, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

Well, I am. But I'm just generally awesome, so that's different ;)

ETA: Whoops, not so awesome that I can avoid a double-post though :roll:

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 17, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

I said nothing about superiority, it was a request to short blitzers and if they want they can go ahead and ignore me.

fatness

Postby fatness » Fri May 17, 2013 6:02 pm UTC

Can't we all just get alONG?

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 17, 2013 6:04 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:

I said nothing about superiority, it was a request to short blitzers and if they want they can go ahead and ignore me.

But all those "suggestions" discourage Blitzers from posting at all, as we already learned.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 17, 2013 6:04 pm UTC

It is beautiful indeed! Stop and smell the newpix, everyone!

I have a coma-vision that my fellow blitzers will one xip live in a needle-pulled thing where they will not be judged by the newpage they traverse but by the content of their signposts.

ETA: Might we add the word "siggestion" to the lexicon?
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri May 17, 2013 6:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 17, 2013 6:14 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:That's a side effect of reading the OTT about the OTC (currently featuring Cuegan drinking from the dilgunnerang). Even the molpy-minded adapt faster than a sparrow-raptor, absorbing new terms every newpix, whether it's from a discussion read while ketchup blitzing the pastposts, a sigcouragement response, or from the most recent B/D/G ONG. (Birds-that-we-don't-wish-to-call-birds-but-maybe-boobies-will-be-okay, anyone?) I wonder if the OTA, GLR, had any idea what would happen when he unleashed this marvel upon Outside minds, who now scan semencoffeebaconcancerbabiesonice for any sign of heretical mustard, compare the heights of creatures in centicues, keep the OTW updated and give each other Present Presents. Whether we be Amoebaeists or Loopists, Temporal Illuminati or Timewaiters, PFANPs or Mopey Molpy Momes, Trekers or thread-dwellers living in the Now, we know how to take any Madness that infects this needle-pulled thing in stride as we Wait for it together.

Scary that I can read this just as easily as Outside English, and that my brain doesn't even appear to notice that it isn't.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri May 17, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

jetpac wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
k.bookbinder wrote:
ergman wrote:
mscha wrote:

For the record:
- “kraan”
- “zak”

That was beautiful. With all of our discussions about Outside dialects, we forgot we've created one of our own!

It was absolutely beautiful.. but I doubt anyone had forgotten, jetpac. I consistently get eyerolls from my friends when I exclaim "holy mustard!" or refer to time (not Time) in newpix. They eyeroll because they know I'm revering the OTT by this point. :mrgreen:

RobIrr wrote:What do people call the slightly squashed spheres of bread that are traditionally choped in half horizontally so that bacon1 can be placed within?

1 - other fillings are available

I'm so confused by this, hah. Pita? Sandwich wedges? Bread? :P
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Fri May 17, 2013 6:18 pm UTC

I would go as far as to suggest that this we can compare the beauty of this place6 above that of other places to the size of the sea1 above that of the river2

1 big
2 small
6 beautiful

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Fri May 17, 2013 6:19 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
RobIrr wrote:What do people call the slightly squashed spheres of bread that are traditionally choped in half horizontally so that bacon1 can be placed within?

I assumed he was referring to buns? Like hamburger or hot dog buns? I guess they could also be called rolls.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:20 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
SBN wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
ttscp wrote:

I would make one but all I have is MS paint at work :/ and I don't have access to a host to load the file to when I am here either :/

If you can take and then crop a screenshot, that's what I did.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Fri May 17, 2013 6:21 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:That's a side effect of reading the OTT about the OTC (currently featuring Cuegan drinking from the dilgunnerang). Even the molpy-minded adapt faster than a sparrow-raptor...[snip]...y Madness that infects this needle-pulled thing in stride as we Wait for it together.

Scary that I can read this just as easily as Outside English, and that my brain doesn't even appear to notice that it isn't.

LOL, me too. Thank you BlitzGirl
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm UTC

jetpac wrote:
Valarya wrote:

I assumed he was referring to buns? Like hamburger or hot dog buns? I guess they could also be called rolls.

I would have said biscuits (doubtless to the confounding of our English readers).

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:30 pm UTC

ttscp wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:That's a side effect of reading the OTT about the OTC (currently featuring Cuegan drinking from the dilgunnerang). Even the molpy-minded adapt faster than a sparrow-raptor...[snip]...y Madness that infects this needle-pulled thing in stride as we Wait for it together.

LOL, me too. Thank you BlitzGirl

I guess that's what following Things that are on my side for 600, Alex! does to us.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 17, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
SBN wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
ttscp wrote:

Still cant upload though, I work in a medical office so those sites are blocked.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:35 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
SBN wrote:
Opiboble wrote:ETA: DRAT! I don't have enough sig space! D:

Hal9000 made his into an image, that seems to work.

Still cant upload though, I work in a medical office so those sites are blocked.

Ah. Once you're able to, though, you can upload the quotes in your sig as an image.

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri May 17, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

What are the "suggestions" for lurkers who wish to provide comments from time to time?

~TimeLurker
Voice of the Silent
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Fri May 17, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

TimeLurker wrote:What are the "suggestions" for lurkers who wish to provide comments from time to time?

~TimeLurker
Voice of the Silent

Please do
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 17, 2013 6:39 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:It is beautiful indeed! Stop and smell the newpix, everyone!

This is what we'd see if we had a proper 3-D view instead of a 2-D slice in B&W.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:40 pm UTC

TimeLurker wrote:What are the "suggestions" for lurkers who wish to provide comments from time to time?

~TimeLurker
Voice of the Silent

There are none. Just post when you feel like it.
Well, there's two:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

And
Spoiler:
Yes, we already know about the Javascript.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:41 pm UTC

XonqNopp wrote:I will not ketchup today, not until next Tuesday... Because today I get married (the civil mariage, so little ceremony with little people, the religious mariage is next month)

Congratulations, XonqNopp!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri May 17, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:Yes, we already know about the Javascript.

In that case I'll continue to Wait for It.

~TimeLurker
Voice of the Silent
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:It is beautiful indeed! Stop and smell the newpix, everyone!

This is what we'd see if we had a proper 3-D view instead of a 2-D slice in B&W.

Your work continues to amaze.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 17, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

~TimeLurker
Voice of the Silent

dont be a heretic? (unless you want the comfy chair)
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 17, 2013 6:45 pm UTC

Ketchup, Revisit, And Pastquote (KRAP) Post:

Opiboble wrote:Funny how a simple comment can grow into such a large discussion about the pleural of a simple childhood toy.

pleu·ral adj. Related to the thin serous membrane in mammals that envelops each lung and folds back to make a lining for the chest cavity.

...OK, it's the end of the week and I know I've had far too little coma, but I've sat here for ten minutes trying to work this into a decent pun or joke, and I'm coming up with nothing. But damn it, there's just gotta be something here! Maybe I'll come back to it...

Earthling on Mars wrote:In a dark room, in a dark palace, on his dark throne, sits the Dark Lord. He is twice the height of a man, clad entirely in black, and on his head is a black crown...

Ooh! I like this! I'm hoping it develops into more! Nice work.

Vytron wrote:Wall of post warning, as big as the sea which is big and all that.

Spoiler:
Thanks everyone for your sigcouragement! Image I've realized stopping signposting doesn't mean I have to stop participating at all.

I heard you like comics, so I put a comic in your thread about your thread about a comic:

If I've learned something about Time, is that it's not about the ending, but about the journey.
~Vytron

Awesome work!!! I'm really impressed! That's fabulous, Vytron. Ever since BlitzGirl posted her comic, I've had an idea for one I'd like to put together, but just don't have the image manip skills. "GIMP" is a perfect name since that's what I feel like as I'm clumsily flailing about with it.

HES wrote:A few points before the spoiler:
1) I'm not an artist
2) I only have four pens
3) I'm left handed
4) somebody wasn't cooperating

Spoiler:

Nice! Maybe I should go this route instead of GIMP-failing... *heads off to look for a hamster*

HAL9000 wrote:I'm still not in a comic :cry:

Well, you don't know for sure -- You might been during one of the NewPages you skipped!!! :wink:

Dracomax wrote:Harvey is a great name for A seven foot tall, invisible rabbit mulpy.

Exactly what I was thinking!!! Nice.

Valarya wrote:I also came to the realization that I'm getting grumpy over this because I don't normally like being lumped in with Americans... nor do I typically lump a group of people together...

Sheesh. You humans are all alike....

ucim wrote:[exterior, day, wide shot]
A party of clerics appears over a grassy hill in animated conversation...

Oh yeah! I was hoping for more to the story, and am absolutely enjoying this! And again I say: "More!"

XonqNopp wrote:I will not ketchup today, not until next Tuesday... Because today I get married (the civil mariage, so little ceremony with little people, the religious mariage is next month.

Woo-hoo!!! Congratulations!!!! :D

Laser Plumb wrote:wish I had the time to learn to proper way to ONG ....

Nothing to it: You just gotta ING your own ONG. ING it loud; ING it long. Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to ING. Just ING. ING your ONG.

BlitzGirl wrote:That's a side effect of reading the OTT about the OTC (currently featuring Cuegan drinking from the dilgunnerang). Even the molpy-minded adapt faster than a sparrow-raptor, absorbing new terms every newpix, whether it's from a discussion read while ketchup blitzing the pastposts, a sigcouragement response, or from the most recent B/D/G ONG. (Birds-that-we-don't-wish-to-call-birds-but-maybe-boobies-will-be-okay, anyone?) I wonder if the OTA, GLR, had any idea what would happen when he unleashed this marvel upon Outside minds, who now scan semencoffeebaconcancerbabiesonice for any sign of heretical mustard, compare the heights of creatures in centicues, keep the OTW updated and give each other Present Presents. Whether we be Amoebaeists or Loopists, Temporal Illuminati or Timewaiters, PFANPs or Mopey Molpy Momes, Trekers or thread-dwellers living in the Now, we know how to take any Madness that infects this needle-pulled thing in stride as we Wait for it together.

And this is a good place to end the KRAPpost. Nothing more I can add that would improve on this.

(...although I do still wish I could work in that toy pleural somehow...)
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri May 17, 2013 6:53 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:<snip>I've never heard of Meccanos or Hornbys. :mrgreen:

SBN wrote:<snip> I don't know what Meccanos or Hornbys are either.

Of course, that's why I said "you don't hear anyone talking about [them]", it's "Meccano" and "Hornby", NOT the plural, that's the point I was trying to make XD

But yeah in all seriousness, I think we only have those brands in the UK.

(Sorry, I don't mean to carry on beating the dead horse that is this Lego vs Legos thing, just wanted to inform you guys what Meccano and Hornby were)
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

htom

Postby htom » Fri May 17, 2013 6:54 pm UTC

XonqNopp wrote:I will not ketchup today, not until next Tuesday... Because today I get married (the civil mariage, so little ceremony with little people, the religious mariage is next month)

:Big goofy grin: Congratulations, XonqNopp! (Now back to my own salsa.)
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri May 17, 2013 6:54 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
jetpac wrote:
Valarya wrote:

I would have said biscuits (doubtless to the confounding of our English readers).

I think the 'slightly squashed' description is what's getting me. What bread is slightly squashed, but not squashed all the way (like pita)? Even buns, rolls or biscuits doesn't make sense - especially since I think the US and UK have different meanings for the word 'biscuits.' *groans*

Maybe RobIrr just wanted the word 'sandwich' all along.
Last edited by Valarya on Fri May 17, 2013 6:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”