1. Dracomax wrote the great song parody "The Molpy Connection"
2. "Molpy" is a term that was first used
in the OTT by BlitzGirl.
3. BlitzGirl also has A Blog
where the last entry was made on April 26, 2013.
4. April 26, 2013 was the same day that the movie "The Big Wedding"
was first released in the US and Canada
5. "The Big Wedding" stars Robert Di Niro
, who won his first Oscar in 1974 for Best Supporting Actor in the movie "The Godfather Part II"
6. "The Godfather Part II" was produced, directed, and co-written (along with Mario Puzo
) by Francis Ford Coppola
7. Francis Ford Coppola was born in Detroit, Michigan as the son of Carmine Coppola
, who was a flautist with the Detroit Symphony at the time.
8. A "flautist" is someone who plays the flute
9. A "flute"
also refers to a Champagne flute, a tall, slender glass used to drink Champagne
10. Champagne was also the subject of a quote
attributed to Winston Churchill, used to inspire the troops during the liberation of France in WWII: "remember gentlemen, it's not just France we are fighting for, it's Champagne!"
11. Winston Churchill is also one of the title characters in a short student film, "The Odd Couple: Winston Churchill & Joseph Stalin"
by Dan Vallancourt.
12. "The Odd Couple" is a reference to a TV show
and a 1968 movie
based on the play of the same name
by Neil Simon
13. Neil Simon's first play was "Come Blow Your Horn"
14. The title "Come Blow Your Horn" is an allusion to the old nursery rhyme "Little Boy Blue"
, which features the line, "Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn".
15. "Little Boy"
was also the codename of the first atomic bomb, dropped on Hiroshima, Japan on August 6, 1945. The order to drop the bomb was given by US President Harry S. Truman
16. Harry S. Truman was born in Lamar, Missouri on May 8, 1884, but moved to Independence, Missouri
when he was 6 years old. He grew up in Independence and won his first elected position there in 1922.
17. Independence, Missouri is also the birthplace of fantasy authors Margaret Weis
, and Jim Butcher
, creator of "The Dresden Files"
18. The Dresden Files has spanned multiple best-selling novels and has even inspired fantasy role-playing games. The first volume "Your Story", is available from Amazon in both hardcover version
and a Kindle version
19. The Kindle version of "The Dresden Files RPG Volume 1: Your Story" on Amazon, only has one review -- a 4-star review
by the Amazon user "dracomax"
. This is the user's only review on Amazon.
is also the user-name of our Grand High Lord Inquisitor, Head of the Inquisition
, here in the OTT.
21. Dracomax wrote the great song parody "The Molpy Connection"