1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

kenmelken

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:01 am UTC

Bags ONG backs

EDIT: HA! My fifth papacy! I hereby lift the decree for poetry instigated by my predecessor, though it is welcome to continue if people so desire.
I also officially declare a war and/or crusade. Not sure where or against who yet. Any suggestions? I just want to leave a memorable papal legacy for 815.
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

tman2nd

Chapter 17 of the Gospel of tman2nd.

Postby tman2nd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:50 am UTC

Message from the past
I was writing a Blitzpost, but unfortunately, I lost it when somehow the tab I was in went blank. :( I will post it tomorrow because I need to coma.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:00 am UTC

CrossONG the tiny river

Btw, here is the newly completed entry of the "Chirp" period I just finished on the wiki: http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Chirp
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:08 am UTC

I love your little summaries for the Periods, kenmelken. Very 3! Also, I think I neglected to compliment AluisioASG on another brilliant chapter of The Last Time Waiter. So I'm doing it now! To both of y'all:

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:14 am UTC

[Prediction class="Improbable"]A water molpy will emerge from the river and eat them. This will end Time[/prediction]

Ah, it's good to be back from a long couple of decanewpix without internet.
The canine molpy I spoke about is awesome. He's learning so amazingly fast! He already knows that gnawing doesn't help to get attention (gnawing is cute from a canine molpy POV, but most people don't like it). He found that out in about 2 newpix.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:38 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:[Prediction class="Improbable"]A water molpy will emerge from the river and eat them. This will end Time[/prediction]

About Time, it's been long overdue:

Although, since this river is much more riverish, it might look more like this:

Spoiler:
FunSizeRaptorShark.png
RaptorShark.png
RaptorShark.png (7.38 KiB) Viewed 14036 times

And your tame wolpy sounds adorable. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:55 am UTC

@BlitzGirl: Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

Here is another one, for the Tiny River Period: http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tiny_River_Period

And with that, I might coma pretty soon. First, trivia time. Who can identify what this image is/what source relevant to the OTT it is from:

Oh, and I still need suggestions for a PageCrusade to bring honor and notoriety to my papacy.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 am UTC

*Double post for ONG*
JumpONG across!

Is it just me, or does she look distinctly smaller while jumping?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:20 am UTC

I don't know, but judging from her trajectory she might have a rough landing. Did she learn nothing from her dune-jumping misadventure?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:30 am UTC

She'll fall and break something. Queball will stay to help her. While they are immobilized a flash flood will kill them both and thus ending Time.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:33 am UTC

It would be interesting to watch the flash flood sweep their stick bodies over the edge of the wowterfall. Gruesome, but interesting.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 am UTC

(scetching up)

(about brackets/parenthesis)
taixzo wrote:Use the "divergent-eyes" method to see it

Now I know that
^60(88)92[97]91|-2{90}91<74>61/69\64 qualifies more for giving head aches than (260)275[279]265{247}274. Maybe the |-2 appendix is responsible for the more powerful active pharmaceutical ingredient.

I feel sorry for the poor NSA guy who has to read and "decipher" this.
May be the last one who had to watch this thread decided to become whistleblower ("it cannot be worse!").
Yeah, maybe we are creating heroes. It would be so randallish, the GLR creating hero creators.

Actually, I don't feel sorry. Can we mix this with some Chthulhu-rot13 and hide some dangerous words like PRISM, LEPRecon or even international understanding in it?

charlie_grumbles wrote:To the guest: We are kind of a tribe here, not a cult. Friendly. 800 pages without a war and, as far as I know, no one reported for abuse. We like it here and we like each other. The only requirement for membership is to accept occasional (virtual) cake. Look around the cave. See if it suits you. We are pretty much on topic, if the topic is anything about romance, sarcasm, math, and language.

This made me feel happy (and kind of proud). Am I pleased that easily?

AluisioASG wrote:Just leaving this here :D
Spoiler:

So LaPetite is a IT-Girl.
D'oh.

Exodies wrote:If double posting was such a bad thing the forum software could delay publishing a post until the last poster had a different name. It's not rocket science. Similarly, red text could be turned blue if the poster wasn't an admin.
By now you should have started to get the picture. These sort of rules aren't designed to improve matters for anyone, but to demonstrate that WE WILL OBEY.

You can, as always, do as you please - As long as you accept the consequencesAshkEnte. May you always find water and shade.

BlitzGirl wrote:
akacat wrote:
ergman wrote:Regardless, their bags are surely stolen by now.

By what/whom -- a molpy? Raptor? Or LePetite? (Ooh, maybe she's in league with the molpies!)

Spoiler:

I couldn't help but laughing out loud. My son (1 1/2) now has several books filled with "crouded pictures"/"illustrated scenes"/... whatever - big pictures you can look at for half a day and undiscover something new in them tomorrow, anyway. One of the books' theme is "Animals all around". Different scenes (farm, forest, coast, mountains, night, ...), but on every page a pack of squirrelsmolpyrels mischiefing around, stealing bra, breakfast, keys... BlitzGirl - twelve points (BlitzGirl - douze points).

BlitzGirl wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:[Prediction class="Improbable"]A water molpy will emerge from the river and eat them. This will end Time[/prediction]

About Time, it's been long overdue:
Spoiler:

If I'd name this one "Meisterbräu", who'd get the reference without search engines?

AshkEnteBending or violating the rules may summon up a funny-colored being.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

Swein

Postby Swein » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:49 am UTC

kenmelken wrote:*Double post for ONG*
JumpONG across!
Spoiler:

Is it just me, or does she look distinctly smaller while jumping?

It must be a relativistic effect from her high jumping speed.
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 am UTC

When you flip from the previous to the current newpix, Cueball replaces Megan so perfectly that: Megan becomes Cueball.

Rule110 wrote:a filk by azule:

Very nice!
Thanks!

Valarya wrote:Blind posting. Been away for the wipend and missed the OTC/OTT greatly
I need to try that. I wonder if I'll feel the same. Right now I feel like a junky getting his fix. hah....don't quote this. lol ;)

And thanks for the cupcakes two with water so blue. :)

Spoiler:
replace.gif
My first gif for heres.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:03 am UTC

LandONG

Okay, and now I go to coma for real. I got distracted by a phone call and decided I might as well wait around for the newpix.

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:10 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
Spoiler:

If I'd name this one "Meisterbräu", who'd get the reference without search engines?

Sewer, Gas and Electric! Loved it!

ETA: Loved Fool on the Hill too. Bad Monkeys and Set This House in Order, I enjoyed, but less so, I've got The Mirage, but haven't cracked it open yet.
Last edited by ggh on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:12 am UTC

kenmelken wrote:First, trivia time. Who can identify what this image is/what source relevant to the OTT it is from:

Hah, MobTeeseboose. Still at zero posts.

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:21 am UTC

azule wrote:
kenmelken wrote:First, trivia time. Who can identify what this image is/what source relevant to the OTT it is from:

Heh, nicely done!
I may have to work that into a tarot card at some point. Not this week though - way too much outside stuff.

ETA: There's a way to google for similar images, isn't there? Is it hard?
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:25 am UTC

^Hmm, I'd like that.

New OtherComic Reminder.

ggh wrote:ETA: There's a way to google for similar images, isn't there? Is it hard?

EditToReply: There is, but I did this in-fora. I actually just happen to click on MTb to see if xey had posted yet and remembered the image from earlier.

If you're serious about google, I think if you go to the images section with javascript enabled, you can drag and drop an image there. Firefox gave me an add-on to right click any image and start the search. Easy-peasy.
Last edited by azule on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:32 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 am UTC

ggh wrote:
azule wrote:

Heh, nicely done!
I may have to work that into a tarot card at some point. Not this week though - way too much outside stuff.

ETA: There's a way to google for similar images, isn't there? Is it hard?

There is a way to search for images, but it isn't really helping Unless the connection is Erectile Dysfunction Tablets.

Quick howto: go to [url]images.google.com[/url]. Click the camera in the search bar. Enter the address of the picture (or upload it). Click "Search by image". Be happy.

he/him/his

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 am UTC

ggh wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
Spoiler:

Sewer, Gas and Electric! Loved it!

ETA: Loved Fool on the Hill too. Bad Monkeys and Set This House in Order, I enjoyed, but less so, I've got The Mirage, but haven't cracked it open yet.

Yep! :)

The house got under my skin, because I am friends with a multiple one (or, better: to multiple ones). (Ever thought the mood swings of $default_woman are exhausting? That's not even presentable on the same scale.) For the rest, I agree. The Fool and S.G.A. are, to me, masterpieces unmatched, the three other books are good, even exceptional, but ... no match.

I met Ruff once - he left the impression of being contained and understated. But look what's in his head. :mrgreen:

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:There is a way to search for images, but it isn't really helping Unless the connection is Erectile Dysfunction Tablets.

Hmm, connections. Erectile Dysfunction is abbreviated ED. ED is an acronym for Eternal Density. Connected. None of us, of course, have ED, except maybe ED....though if xey doesn't have an E then the D is the least of xeir's problem.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:59 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

I couldn't help but laughing out loud. My son (1 1/2) now has several books filled with "crouded pictures"/"illustrated scenes"/... whatever - big pictures you can look at for half a day and undiscover something new in them tomorrow, anyway. One of the books' theme is "Animals all around". Different scenes (farm, forest, coast, mountains, night, ...), but on every page a pack of squirrelsmolpyrels mischiefing around, stealing bra, breakfast, keys... BlitzGirl - twelve points (BlitzGirl - douze points).

Woo! 12 points!

azule wrote:When you flip from the previous to the current newpix, Cueball replaces Megan so perfectly that: Megan becomes Cueball.
Spoiler:

It's Cueball...it's Megan...
it's Cuegan!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:00 am UTC

Thank you muchly for teaching me how to do that!

So MobTeeseboose probably does post, it's just that the posts never get past the mods, because, well, they shouldn't. That had never occurred to me. Funny.
higgs-boson wrote:Yep! :)

The house got under my skin, because I am friends with a multiple one (or, better: to multiple ones). (Ever thought the mood swings of $default_woman are exhausting? That's not even presentable on the same scale.) For the rest, I agree. The Fool and S.G.A. are, to me, masterpieces unmatched, the three other books are good, even exceptional, but ... no match.

I met Ruff once - he left the impression of being contained and understated. But look what's in his head. :mrgreen:

Ooh, I'm jealous! Ah, and now I'm missing the old Dragon... how I used to love those burnings!

ETA: so if it's a viagra spambot, the anagram, "See boobs, emote!" makes more sense....
Agatha the Awesomeful

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:08 am UTC

Cueball walkONG on water:

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:NewData as of about 10 newpix ago.

Thanks for your ongoing great work! (And come back, Latent22, we miss you!)
Kieryn wrote:@mscha - Well done on one of (if not the) best predictions of the OTT to date.
Spoiler:
mscha wrote:The next ONG:
(Click for full-size.)

Edit: not sure how the GLR will have drawn this. The water is black, the rocks are black, might be hard to see anything.

Thanks, but credit where credit is due: I wasn't the first one to predict it (Sciscitor did), I just visualized it.
Kieryn wrote:
Spoiler:
FOR ALL YOU!

---

higgs-boson wrote:BlitzGirl - twelve points (BlitzGirl - douze points).

Americans Non-Europeans probably won't get the reference, so here's a
Spoiler:
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:14 am UTC

ggh wrote:ETA: so if it's a viagra spambot, the anagram, "See boobs, emote!" makes more sense....

Perhaps it also likes the full-figured sort: "Be so obese to me!"
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:15 am UTC

ggh wrote:Ooh, I'm jealous! Ah, and now I'm missing the old Dragon... how I used to love those burnings!

For the Fool, I'm still looking for an English hard cover (does not have to be 1st/1st, but Atlas Monthly would be nice).

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:19 am UTC

mscha wrote:
Kieryn wrote:NewData as of about 10 newpix ago.

Thanks for your ongoing great work! (And come back, Latent22, we miss you!)

Thanks from me, too! And how am I in the top five? Madness!

I'm still waiting for some half of Cuegan to slip and fall in the killcrick.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ThemePark

Postby ThemePark » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:25 am UTC

This........this is STILL going?!
I have traveled from 1979 to be a member of the unofficial board Council of Elders. Phear M3

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:27 am UTC

Yes.
mscha wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:BlitzGirl - twelve points (BlitzGirl - douze points).

Americans Non-Europeans probably won't get the reference, so here's a
Spoiler:
Silly Europeans, don't they know they use the metric system, with its base of ten, not twelve? *shakes head at insolence*

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:32 am UTC

ThemePark wrote:This........this is STILL going?!

Image Hi, welcome back! It has been 1.618 kilonewpix since you last posted here. We were beginning to worry about you.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
ggh wrote:Ooh, I'm jealous! Ah, and now I'm missing the old Dragon... how I used to love those burnings!

For the Fool, I'm still looking for an English hard cover (does not have to be 1st/1st, but Atlas Monthly would be nice).

Sorry, don't know much about proper book collecting. I take it that you're not just looking for one of these.
BlitzGirl wrote:
ggh wrote:ETA: so if it's a viagra spambot, the anagram, "See boobs, emote!" makes more sense....

Perhaps it also likes the full-figured sort: "Be so obese to me!"

<chuckle>

ETA - okay, must coma. Thank you for waiting!
Last edited by ggh on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:36 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

ThemePark

Postby ThemePark » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:35 am UTC

Aww, I've been missed. :D Too many posts to read through so I abandoned it, expecting the comic to come to a halt soon. Apparently I underestimated Randall...
I have traveled from 1979 to be a member of the unofficial board Council of Elders. Phear M3

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:39 am UTC

Yep, we're still here, still Waiting for it. Feel free to Wait with us some more, if you'd like.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 am UTC

Molpy hunter update:

Nothing to report. Image No Molpy activity since the facebug.
BlitzGirl already checked the potential Molpecker scene, and I just compared the current scene with the last time we saw it before the wowterfall: no changes.

(Welcome back, ThemePark, feel free to hang around for a bit! You might have some trouble reading our messages for a while – the above is probably a bit incomprehensible if you've been away – but you'll get the hang of it.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:58 am UTC

MobTeeseboose = eSomeObeseBot (the e is for electronic) ;)

- or -

MobTeeseboose = ObeseMoeseBot (Linked because NSFW definition that might make you NSFW lol, if you get it)

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:00 am UTC

DONG:

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:15 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Image
Spoiler:
Chronos.PNG

Truly contradictory, bordering on the paradoxical ;-)
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:16 am UTC

Inspired by today's new OtherComic:

Spoiler:
RecursiveHell.png