1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Valarya

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:38 pm UTC

Lovely stories, both of you! Image

Spoiler:
It's terrible how often my mind slips to inappropriate places. :?
jovialbard wrote:Megan scooted herself along the hard rock and leaned against Cue.

Edit: AGAIN?! *pure glee* Image

I want to see this page splattered in OTC/OTT related cupcakes. Go!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:41 pm UTC

Here, the last part of TLTW's Chapter 6. It's very short, but really important.

The Anchduchess wrote:Hey Angus, could I speak with you for a moment?

Angus wrote:Sure! It's break time for me.

The Archduchess wrote:I wonder if you could do something for me, without Raghnall or Tèrag knowing…
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:43 pm UTC

To honor and obey the mome, I offer a cupcake made of cupcakes:

In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:55 pm UTC

Cupcake per paper proclomation

Code: Select all

__0__
   _/_____\_
 _/_________\_
/_____________\
|  |  |  |  | |
|  |  |  |  | |
|  |  |  |  | |
|  |  |  |  | |
|  |  |  |  | |
---------------

And to still be "on topic" and because I love predictions. I predict that the next newpix ((or the one after that one) will be a scene change and it will reveal something we haven't seen before (molpy, plant, camp fire people, ghosts, something)).
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

As per paypal request.
Selecting new quote…

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

UPONG
Selecting new quote…

thirds

Postby thirds » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:18 pm UTC

I think they're going to have a hard time getting up those slopes

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:21 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Megan! What did that plant ever do to you?

Anyway, given recent OTC events I thought I'd introduce y'all (dammit, y'all got me using it now) to my lil echidnamolpy buddy, Arnold!
Spoiler:

He's having a nice wee read o' the OTT there.

Cute little fellow. Image
I'm not surprised that Megan bopped the fountain grass; our duo has molested berrybushes before, too.

jovialbard wrote:<snip> edit2: "I do not think that word means what you think it means." Apparently filk is a genre of folk sci-fi/fantasy music. A verb has evolved meaning to parody a given song in the filk style, but not all parody songs are filk. However these aren't merely parody songs, but specifically fanfic parodies. Would filk then be appropriate? Is Time sci-fi/fantasy? Or is it just a fictional narrative? Are all fanfic musical parodies considered filk?

This is the part where I admit I am not a fan of the word "filk." This post is, in fact, the only time I've ever used the word myself in the fora. Perhaps it's because I specifically associate the term with in-person filking at cons and such, and not with posting a parody of song lyrics to the OTT. *shrug* Probably just me. Maybe the OTT needs its own word for such activity; we just haven't evolved one yet.

lmjb1964 wrote:(To the tune of "Hey hey, we're the Monkees.")
Spoiler:
Here we come
Walkin' down the street.
I bet if Cuegan should see us
They'll tell us that we're "neat."

Hey hey, we're the molpies
People say we molpy around
But we're just following Cuegan
To find out were they are bound.

In the air,
Or crawling in the grass,
Maybe up in the treetops
Or on a mountain pass

Hey hey, we're the molpies
People say we molpy around
But we're just following Cuegan
To find out were they are bound.

They're just tryin' to be friendly,
But we don't know what they will do.
If Cuegan ever get hungry
They might put us in a stew.

Image Bravo!

Oh, and cupcakes:
Spoiler:
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:21 pm UTC

thirds wrote:I think they're going to have a hard time getting up those slopes

Cueball wrote:Yeah.
Voice of the Silent

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:28 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
jovialbard wrote:<snip> edit2: "I do not think that word means what you think it means." Apparently filk is a genre of folk sci-fi/fantasy music. A verb has evolved meaning to parody a given song in the filk style, but not all parody songs are filk. However these aren't merely parody songs, but specifically fanfic parodies. Would filk then be appropriate? Is Time sci-fi/fantasy? Or is it just a fictional narrative? Are all fanfic musical parodies considered filk?

This is the part where I admit I am not a fan of the word "filk." This post is, in fact, the only time I've ever used the word myself in the fora. Perhaps it's because I specifically associate the term with in-person filking at cons and such, and not with posting a parody of song lyrics to the OTT. *shrug* Probably just me. Maybe the OTT needs its own word for such activity; we just haven't evolved one yet.

Timeodies? Wait-a-longs? NewSongs? sONGs? OTSs? ...
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:Now, for my prediction I will keep things rather tame, unlike all the SUPER OUT-THERE theories proposed thus far:
Spoiler:
Upon reaching the top of the boulder, they'll finally notice the molpy. Megan won't be terrified of it, but she will be startled for a moment and jump into Cueball's arms. Gazing into his eyes she'll finally realize that what she has wanted this whole time isn't answers to the literal rising sea, but rather to the rising sea of her passion. Indeed, Cueball is all she's ever really wanted and he knows how to treat her the way she wants to be treated.

"Cueball, I think... I think I love you!" she exclaims before giving him a passionate kiss.

Just then, Cueball laughs, reaches into his bag, and pulls out a black hat.

"You didn't think I was the real Cueball this whole time did you? I've been black-hat guy traveling incognito the entire Time! I fed Cueball to the people in the hills. And now you've fallen in love with me and I'm going to marry you."

Horrified at the realization of his long-wrought subterfuge and manipulation of her feelings, Megan leaps from his arms and pulls from her own bag a whistle.

"What is that? A rape whistle? Nobody is around to hear you."

"No, it's my raptor whistle," she responds.

She blows the whistle to summon a raptor army to come to her aid. They emerge from the nearby crevices and surround black-hat guy. Just as they are about to divide his flesh asunder, two helicopters arrive and an effective spread of tranquilizer darts quickly immobilizes the raptors.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!?!" shouts Megan, horrified at the ambush of her raptor friends.

A loudspeaker from the lead chopper responds, "This is the RAZOR division of the CIA. We're keeping the world safe from zombies, should we ever find any, and Raptors, even though they aren't usually dangerous to humans. Our radar showed a potential raptor threat and we were dispatched to take care of it."

Black-hat guy laughs at this stroke of good fortune until Megan shouts, "That guy is a zombie! Get him!"

Just then a stake is shot from the second chopper right through black-hat guy's heart. He falls to his knees, gasping in shock. He takes off his hat and says, "Megan! I really did love you. And I really was Cueball. I was only pretending to be black hat guy as an elaborate and delayed April Fool's day joke."

Megan is horrified at the loss at her hands of the only man she's ever loved, but she's not nearly as dramatic as Juliet, so she gets over it and continues up the Mountain with the rock molpyx.
Blindreplyfromnp2030 - You sucked me in with a prediction, but it was a story. kudos. well done.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Timeodies? Wait-a-longs? NewSongs? sONGs? OTSs? ...

Molparodies? OTTerSongs? ParodyGemsOfHappiness?

(I actually really like Timeodies).

And @azule: Thanks. :)
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:To honor and obey the mome, I offer a cupcake made of cupcakes:
Spoiler:

So meta! Image

Code cupcakes. Molpy cupcakes. Cupcake cupcakes. I'm in heaven in the OTT.

AluisioASG wrote:UPONG

That is a steep hill! Mountain?

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:And now for something completely different.

A short story! Someone mentioned a lack of long-form writers, and while this isn't long form perhaps it will slate your thirst for fanfic, if only briefly.

Spoiler:
Megan brushed the dust off as she settled down on the edge of a ridge. Her body was sore all over, but the good kind, the kind that tells you you've had a day worth living. She gazed out over the land before her, the journey she had taken so far, from the tall trees to the rolling dunes and down to the sea, glistening in the ruddy glow of the setting sun.

“It really is beautiful.” Cue said as he lowered himself onto the ridge beside her.

“Yeah” Megan replied turning to look at him. “Why have we never gone this far before? It's amazing.”

“I don’t know” Cue said and then seemed to laugh. “I guess I can add that to the list.”

“We can’t see the sandcastle from here... I wonder how much is left.” Megan’s voice was sad as she pictured the walls of the castle collapsing. Then, without warning, she seemed happy again.

“What are you thinking?” Cue asked, genuinely curious.

“Oh, I’m remembering flinging rocks, and building scaffolds, and that central tower you made the looked like the rest of the sandcastle, only smaller. That was neat. It’s better to remember the good times than to think about what was lost.”

“Yeah... that’s true.”

"And anyway, there's always more new things, and there couldn't be new things if all you had was old things all the time." Megan turned and looked at Cue. She realized then that on this whole long trip she had never been lonely. Cue claimed to not know a lot, but he was pretty smart.

“It’s cold up here, and the wind is getting chilly.” Cue observed rubbing his arms.

Megan looked around and noticed an outcropping of rock not far away. “We could go over there, that might protect us from the wind a little.”

“Yeah.” Cue replied, and they walked in silence to the shelter of stone. They walked in silence a lot, Megan realized. She wasn’t sure why, there were so many amazing things around to talk about. But maybe that was it, being so absorbed in their surroundings they didn’t have time for conversation. Even if they did she almost felt like idle chatter would ruin the magic in the air. In all honesty, she realized she didn’t even mind the silence. She wasn’t alone and it was just nice to have Cue with her, to see this world together.

They reached the outcropping of rock and dumped their bags on the ground. They ate some berries, but their packs were getting lighter. As the cold of night settled in they shivered against the rock.

“At least it’s not windy here.” Cue observed again. “But it’s still pretty cold.”

Megan though for a moment, watching Cue hug his own body for warmth. “Maybe if we got closer we could keep each other warm.”

Cue seemed to think for a moment and said “Yeah, that makes sense.”

Megan scooted herself along the hard rock and leaned against Cue. It was warmer this way. “I wonder what we’ll see tomorrow.” She mused.

Cue tilted his head slightly and said “I don’t know, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.”

“Yeah.” Megan yawned as she closed her eyes. She felt Cue stirring next her as she remembered the cute little spiky creature they had met that day. She smiled to herself as she drifted off to sleep.

Loved it!7,3 Image Image

And here are two OTC related cupcakes:
Spoiler:

3: pretty neat, and even bigger than it looked
7: wow
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:46 pm UTC

I've started singing along to d-dactyls. I don't even know whether the tune I am using is a real one that's out there in the wild or one I've made up magically somehow. Oh well.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Montov

Postby Montov » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:55 pm UTC

No worries, it's a slippery slope. As long as the first step goes right, there is no stopping them.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:59 pm UTC

Montov wrote:

No worries, it's a slippery slope. As long as the first step goes right, there is no stopping them.

Wouldn't that be: as long as the first step goes wrong there's no stopping them?
"Good news! You tripped and fell to the top of the mountain!"
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:05 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:I've started singing along to d-dactyls. I don't even know whether the tune I am using is a real one that's out there in the wild or one I've made up magically somehow. Oh well.

The first d-dactylish tune that comes to mind for me is the first part of the English folk tune "Upton Stick Dance"
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:10 pm UTC

STARLONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:11 pm UTC

Ray Kremer wrote:
jovialbard wrote:"I do not think that word means what you think it means." Apparently filk is a genre of folk sci-fi/fantasy music. A verb has evolved meaning to parody a given song in the filk style, but not all parody songs are filk. However these aren't merely parody songs, but specifically fanfic parodies. Would filk then be appropriate? Is Time sci-fi/fantasy? Or is it just a fictional narrative? Are all fanfic musical parodies considered filk?

It's an example of definitions changing as time goes on and the word spreads beyond its original audience. I think filk (modification of "folk" as in folk music) was originally any little song that sci-fi nerds made up to amuse themselves. No doubt there were far more of these that were parodies of existing songs than were original compositions, so eventually that became the primary meaning.

For what it's worth, canonically, according to Juanita Couson who is a Grande Dame of filksingers, "Filk is whatever is sung at a filksing". (Cite: My personal memory of something she said at the 2000 WorldCon.) I've heard some parodies, original works, Gospel, bluegrass, classic folksongs, and rock-and-roll -- all accepted as perfectly suitable filk.

But mostly, it's song parodies and original works having something to do with SF or fantasy.
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:11 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
jovialbard wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
jovialbard wrote:
ucim wrote:No, "y'all" is singular. The plural is "all y'all"

I think you mean ambiguous. Y'all refers to a select group which could be singular or plural e.g. "How y'all doin". All y'all is always plural and refers to a general group, or everyone within ear shot "All y'all listen up now".

Edit: Of course there's also "yous guys" if you're in the vicinity of New Jersey.

Edit2: Everything old is new again, again, again, again...

Legos. Discuss.

But I do call a single brick a lego, and a pile of them legos. Also you could say that the sandbox is full of sands if you are sand connoisseur and have assembled a collection of exotic sands from around the world, separating each different sand variety into a different area of the sand box.

No, no, let's not bring up the legos thing again. Let's talk about rices this time. Because with that, EVERYBODY uses the word wrong.

We could discuss euro € - the plural of which is euro. Two euros is wrong. But isn't that true of any measurement unit? Ten gram, four centimetre, eight volt. Pluralising them is a colloquialism, not standard usage.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:12 pm UTC

I must outside for the wipend (still no interconnected-networks in West-by-Randall-Virginia), but I expect to see the steam-bottle used to get them up the slope. Actually, if it is a slippery slope that might work pretty well. I guess I'll just have to
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Voice of the Silent

speising

Postby speising » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:21 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:We could discuss euro € - the plural of which is euro. Two euros is wrong. But isn't that true of any measurement unit? Ten gram, four centimetre, eight volt. Pluralising them is a colloquialism, not standard usage.

because two euro/dollar/whatever is an amount of money, but 2 euros/dollars etc. are two coins or bills.

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

speising wrote:
Exodies wrote:We could discuss euro € - the plural of which is euro. Two euros is wrong. But isn't that true of any measurement unit? Ten gram, four centimetre, eight volt. Pluralising them is a colloquialism, not standard usage.

because two euro/dollar/whatever is an amount of money, but 2 euros/dollars etc. are two coins or bills.

Just pulled out my big bills and it says "FIVE DOLLARS", but that's not Euro(s), that's good ole American Dollars.
Voice of the Silent

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:36 pm UTC

I'm going to predict dialog in the next "scene" (next camera/background position), mentioning how difficult or tiring the uphill hiking is. I don't expect the dialog this scene, because there was just dialog in the previous one. In this scene, one of them will slip or stumble but not fall, and neither will say anything.

As dinner time approaches, I'm in the mood for more substantial fare than a cupcake.
Spoiler:
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

speising

Postby speising » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:39 pm UTC

TimeLurker wrote:
speising wrote:

Just pulled out my big bills and it says "FIVE DOLLARS", but that's not Euro(s), that's good ole American Dollars.

yeah, well, i just thought thats a nice logical convention that should apply to all denominations.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

A bit of bad language here (such as has been used here) but in general very cool. The seabig is not to be messed with: http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinchack/why-no-one-should-mess-with-the-ocean

big1

Rule110 wrote:As dinner time approaches, I'm in the mood for more substantial fare than a cupcake.

Tacos, rice 'n beans at my place then.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

oof-ONG
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:24 pm UTC

That's a hands-and-knees scramble sort of slope.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:25 pm UTC

I'm hungry - who wants more cupcakes? Image
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:25 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Image
I'm glad y'all liked the Candy Land parody, but I am dismayed at where y'all went from there. Bad things happen when I coma.

For your overuse of tinytext, strikethrough, colorage, Morse code, and rot13ing in newpages 821-823, you have brought the wrath of BlitzGirl upon you.

You have knowingly hampered the Quest of any serious blitzer trying to read it all, and that is a trespass I do not suffer lightly.

May Randall have mercy on your souls.

==Blindpost from NP 824/849==

THANK YOU!

I'm not quite trying to read it all since I haven't undertaken the noble quest of going back to the beginning of the thread and reading up to where I joined in somewhere in the 400's, and I will occasionally skip a filk of a song that I do not know (where did the term "filk" come from, anyways?) but having to do extra work to enjoy legitimately hilarious things is... well it probably frustrated me more than it should've. But still...

On a blitz/ketchupping note... I fear I may have fallen too far behind to ever reach the present again... Especially with yet another weekend packed full of time spent with the fiancee (or is that fiancée? whichever one means that she's a female and I am not) (yeah, yet another OTT-er getting married). Not that I'm complaining about spending time with her, far from it. I just miss being a part of the conversation. Which is weird, since I never really considered myself all that frequent of a poster.

Yikes, this post has a bit of a whiny tone. Way too many ellipses (ellipsisses? No, spellcheck liked it better the first time). Meh, fixing it would take too much effort.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:29 pm UTC

jetpac wrote:<snip>
On a blitz/ketchupping note... I fear I may have fallen too far behind to ever reach the present again... Especially with yet another weekend packed full of time spent with the fiancee (or is that fiancée? whichever one means that she's a female and I am not) (yeah, yet another OTT-er getting married). Not that I'm complaining about spending time with her, far from it. I just miss being a part of the conversation. Which is weird, since I never really considered myself all that frequent of a poster.

<sniple>

Fiancee with two e's (with or without an accent) generally means one way around, and fiance with one e generally means the other, I think. I think fiancee may refer to the female partner, but I'm really not sure of that.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I'm hungry - who wants more cupcakes? Image
Spoiler:

*raises hand* Image

I want to marry whomever made those cupcakes. And these:
Spoiler:

In other news... my dad just posted the following picture on facebook with the caption 'Neat.' It's ALL related.

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:43 pm UTC

I'll have some coffee with my cup cake.
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:53 pm UTC

Waterottermolpy cupcakes for all us OTTers :D
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:56 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
jetpac wrote:<snip>

<sniple>

Fiancee with two e's (with or without an accent) generally means one way around, and fiance with one e generally means the other, I think. I think fiancee may refer to the female partner, but I'm really not sure of that.

The French put an "e" on the end of words to make them feminine, and an extra "e" on the end of ones that have one already. Hence, "René" is a man's name and "Renée" is a woman's name. Fiancée is feminine; fiancé is masculine.

In English, the accent mark is optional.

For what it's worth.

thirds

Postby thirds » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

Left the kneepads back at homONG.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

Before the page ends - here are some molpycupcakes (but do these favor the Africanists, the Australianists (are they any? well, at least we speculated about an echidna), or others?):
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

thirds

Postby thirds » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:16 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Before the page ends - here are some molpycupcakes (but do these favor the Africanists, the Australianists (are they any? well, at least we speculated about an echidna), or others?):
Spoiler:

I've dabbled in Australianism, especially with the stumps (or are they magnetic termite mounds from Northern Australia, which just so happens to also be a location of Australia's Baobab trees and the only place where introduced squirrels can be found in Australia???).

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:32 pm UTC

thirds wrote:Left the kneepads back at homONG.

Spoiler:

Hah! Called it!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”