1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

kenmelken

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kenmelken » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:10 am UTC

Eutychus wrote:
azule wrote:Sure, maybe they will die, then go to heaven. Heaven will be represented by a colorful 3D world. They might still not have faces.

Is this a reference to CS Lewis' Till We Have Faces?

"How can [the gods] meet us face to face till we have faces?"

If so, good. It's far less well-known than many of his other works and one of the best in my view.

kenmelken is so glad Eutychus knows that book! It is kenmelken's favorite of Lewis's works!

Marchlight: WELCOME!!!

kenmelken is really confused and upset that Cuegan didn't explain the cairn.

EDIT: Well... it appears that kenmelken can stop talking in 3rd person because it is a NewPage!

So, I once again find myself at the top of a page. Hmm. Last time, I decided to be SUPREME EMPEROR instead of pope and instill a reign of terror, due to disagreement about the continuance of papacies. Some people didn't like me calling myself supreme emperor, so, this time I will compromise and declare myself merely the Semi-Supreme Emperor and begin my second (semi-)reign of (semi-)terror. (Btw, if I had stuck with being pope last time and this time instead of emperor, this would be my 10th papacy)

As for decrees... I think we need a rest, so I merely decree that everyone be happy and nice. :) I guess that doesn't make my (semi-)reign one of very much (semi-)terror, but that's okay. I'm not very good at being terrible anyway... ;)
Last edited by kenmelken on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:11 am UTC

spamjam wrote:Appears too big to be a beesnake. Unless it's a ginormous beesnake. Something that popped out of the flat boxy thing in the previous frame?

But it's the same landscape!

Unless spamjam is implying that beesnakes can TELEPORT. This has very serious implications for this group of people's safety and the safety of their children.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:14 am UTC

Whatever it is, the molpy seems to be afraid of it. Probably some kind of raptor.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
MolpyHide.gif
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 am UTC

Damnit, not gonna know what that is. I should probably coma. But...I think it's too big for a bug, too round for a bird. Its exactly the height of Cueball's crotch. So therefore, it's a penisbee.

Or, a human follower, holding something in its hand (not a penis).

AluisioASG wrote:
azule wrote:
TimeLurker wrote:I love predicting the death of young Cuegan as much as the next TimeWeighter, but I wonder why we always assume their demise will be the end of Time.

Sure, maybe they will die, then go to heaven. Heaven will be represented by a colorful 3D world. They might still not have faces.

Thank you for guaranteeing me a nightmare.
Is it the no faces part? Or the heretical full-color 3D world?

Eutychus wrote:Is this a reference to CS Lewis' Till We Have Faces?
Sorry. It's a reference to how they don't currently have faces. Nothing deep.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:19 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
spamjam wrote:Appears too big to be a beesnake. Unless it's a ginormous beesnake. Something that popped out of the flat boxy thing in the previous frame?

But it's the same landscape!

Unless spamjam is implying that beesnakes can TELEPORT. This has very serious implications for this group of people's safety and the safety of their children.

Uh, yeah, that's the ticket. Telemolportation! No...really...someone must have hacked into my account and wrote that. I would certainly never be that careless. :oops:

I still think it's too big for beesnake statusness.

Yay, I've achieved FF-ness!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:26 am UTC

The molpy appears to have dashed back into its molpyhole, so I guess we won't be seeing another raptor attack. :(
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:44 am UTC

@lmjb1964: A while back you requested matching hat for her house-molpy, unaware at the time of the closing of buffydashery. SO... while I am only a bootlegger, and neither of my previous attempts to bootleg create hats for people worked out, I've altered your gif accordingly:
(Note I also made the RAZOR placard on your wall a bit more clear.)

Spoiler:
lmjbav.gif
lmjbav.gif (25.67 KiB) Viewed 14245 times
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:00 am UTC

Mystery Continues ONG
Prediction: At least 10 frames will pass before the edgemolpy is seen again, or catches up, or makes progress, or comas instead and is never seen again. :(
Last edited by azule on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:02 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:00 am UTC

I have two very important questions:

My first question: Why would Cuegan just walk right by all that stuff without saying ANYTHING? I mean, Megan said "Oh!" (Nice graphic, BlitzGirl :) ), but that's it? Really??!!? This is the most significant man-made thing we've seen ever in the OTC, right? Well, except for maybe the vine1/2cue. And now we'll never know what all that stuff was.

My second question: Why do I only see part of some graphics that are posted, and what can I do about it? It seems to happen whether I use FireFox or Chrome. I only see the left-most part of large graphics. To see the whole thing, I've been dragging the image to my desktop and opening it, but I'm sure there's an easier way. (Good think mandavaan isn't around, or he'd be shaking his head at my workaround.

My third questi--ok, I have THREE very important questions. My third question--did anyone notice my 300th post, or were we all too concerned about the lack of vowels?

Hmm, now I have a fourth question--do I share with you what a doofus I am? Sure, why not. I went to my posts to look for my 300th. I clicked on what I thought was #300, but it said "Posts: 302." So I thought, I was off by two, so I clicked on an earlier post, even though I was sure it was too early--and it also said "Posts: 302." I was thinking, geez, why aren't any of these posts numbered 300? Then I realized I was an idiot. I mean, I knew the post count changed, but somehow I forgot that it changed on the old posts too. *face palm* I also remembered that there was one time I was ketching up and saw someone's n post celebration, and I'm pretty sure I made a comment like, "But it says n+2" or whatever. That person (I think it was StratPlayer) must have been scratching his head about that one.

And now a comment: if the scene moves to follow Cuegan, and we don't find out what's peeking in at the other end of the screen, I will be pissed. It looks like it might be a big molpy. I want to see it!

As you were, and all that. Nothing to see here.

Edited to say that I said I'd be pissed (meaning disgruntled rather than drunk) if we moved on and didn't see the moply, but then I saw this and was way too happy to even think about being disgruntled.
kenmelken wrote:@lmjb1964: A while back you requested matching hat for her house-molpy, unaware at the time of the closing of buffydashery. SO... while I am only a bootlegger, and neither of my previous attempts to bootleg create hats for people worked out, I've altered your gif accordingly:
(Note I also made the RAZOR placard on your wall a bit more clear.)

Spoiler:
lmjbav.gif

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to try to get this hat and mask onto my meowlpy...
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 am UTC

Oh no! We like you, lmjb! Please accept this belated cake:
Spoiler:

Also, now that's a fence! And a...picnic basket? :?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 am UTC

lmjb,
Q1:Because of the rule of mystery and misdirection. To frustrate us, thereby creating the tension ttscp writes about, the tension in the audience (not in the material itself).
Q2:I don't know. You should have a horizontal scrollbar, but if not...hmm.
Q3:Didn't, but congrats! May 300 molpies make their home yours. ;)
Q4:I think that too, sometimes. It's hard for a timetraveler to see that future post count. So wrong. *shakes head*
C5:I hope you're not too pissed, because: true. :(

tinosoph

Postby tinosoph » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 am UTC

Behold the fence! They're approaching the platform.
i'm not new, i'm just infrequent

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh no! We like you, lmjb! Please accept this belated cake:
Spoiler:

Thanks, BlitzGirl! You like me 300 Times Too! Yay! nom nom nom : )

I was also wondering if anyone saw my 300-post word...

Maybe Yogi Bear will show up to steal the pic-a-nic basket. I'd try to do a graphic, but it takes me soooo long, and I need to coma soon.

I see we've been joined by The Validator. Sounds ominous.

And kenmelken, I didn't say it outright, but--thank you!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:28 am UTC

Maybe the picnicers were chased away by the molp that just entered the previous frame. In that case the speed of events in the OTC might increase when Cuegan start running.

[edit]
It can't be a bearmolp, they're not in the woods. Everybody knows bearmolps only picnic in woods.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 am UTC

azule wrote:Mystery Continues ONG
Spoiler:
Prediction: At least 10 frames will pass before the edgemolpy is seen again, or catches up, or makes progress, or comas instead and is never seen again. :(

There was a lot of talking about where the OTC takes place in space (Madagascar, Africa, Randallverse), but not so much about where its takes place in time (besides the possibility of a postapocalyptic scenario). Now I look at this fence here, which looks to me like a barbed wire fence. If that is correct, I think it's the most advanced technology we've seen yet (we don't know for sure what the steambottleugh is).

kenmelken wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:I’ll Wait for It
Spoiler:
(adapted from the theme song of Star Trek: Enterprise)

It’s been a long walk
The castle has come and gone
It’s been a long Time
But again there is an ONG.

And I will see molpies come alive at last
I will watch the sea1.
And they’re not gonna turn around no more
No they’re not gonna leave me here.

Cause I will wait for the ONG
Going where Cuegan will take me
I’ve got faith to ketchup
I have seen LaPetite
I have read the whole thread
No one’s gonna drag me Outside
I can wait with you all.
I will wait
I will wait
I’ll wait for It.

1: big

I was just thinking of that song last night and that it would make a great timeodyottifilkation! Great minds think alike. :)
mscha wrote:Nice job! Good fit.
(Not that I cared much for ST:E...)

Thank you! :D And with this, and as a faithful RazorLord, loyal to the SSEFANP, I (semi-)obey his decree, and I'm happy! (I leave it up to others to judge whether I'm nice.)
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 am UTC

kenmelken wrote: ...

And from that day on, he was to be known as kenmelken, the sort of terrible.

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46 am UTC

azule wrote:lmjb,
Q1:Because of the rule of mystery and misdirection. To frustrate us, thereby creating the tension ttscp writes about, the tension in the audience (not in the material itself).
Q2:I don't know. You should have a horizontal scrollbar, but if not...hmm.
Q3:Didn't, but congrats! May 300 molpies make their home yours. ;)
Q4:I think that too, sometimes. It's hard for a timetraveler to see that future post count. So wrong. *shakes head*
C5:I hope you're not too pissed, because: true. :(

Thanks, azule. I know, I just have to Wait for It. :) And I'm not pissed because kenmelken gave my meowlpy a hat and mask and badge. So now she's fashionable AND a RAZOR agent.

So, I should have a horizontal scroll bar? It's broken. :(

Why am I still up? I should be a-coma.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:00 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
mscha wrote:Eternal Density, can you please stick your papal order where the sun don't shine?
These papal orders that only make messages harder to read are getting old fast. If you have to do this pope stuff, please do something creative.
Everyone is perfectly free to ignore any decrees without being rude about it.
[edit] Oops did I kill the thread? Sorry!

My sincere apologies for overreacting.
It was the end of a long and difficult day in a seemingly neverending line of long and difficult days. I go to the OTT to get away from it all, and when that became long and difficult to read (again), I flipped.

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:00 am UTC

Moving ONG behind the tree:

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 am UTC

rvloon wrote:
kenmelken wrote: ...

And from that day on, he was to be known as kenmelken, the sort of terrible.

Ronald

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good. :P

And lmjb1964: I'm glad you liked it. I was disappointed that it pixilated a little more than I anticipated. If I had more Time right now I'd try again, but I will have to later. =/

Also, I predict, rather confidently, that the OTC is about to get very, very exciting and we're about to witness one of the largest turning points/revelations, yet.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 am UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
Eternal Density wrote:
mscha wrote:Eternal Density, can you please stick your papal order where the sun don't shine?
These papal orders that only make messages harder to read are getting old fast. If you have to do this pope stuff, please do something creative.

It was the end of a long and difficult day in a seemingly neverending line of long and difficult days. I go to the OTT to get away from it all, and when that became long and difficult to read (again), I flipped.

Spoiler:

Over-reacting can happen to all of us. Sorry you've been having some long and difficult days. Hope it gets better soon.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:43 am UTC

Quick (and I mean it this time) Image...

Molpies!
The mini molpy showed itself briefly (thanks to BlitzGirl for catching it), and was slightly better visible than before. Some kind of lizard, maybe? (No time to find appropriate ones on Madagascar or in Africa...)
Teased with an edge molpy... Very annoying, GLR! Could it be the edge of LaPetite's beret [edit: as Eternal Density ninja'd newpix ago]? (We've been teased with her a few times before, after all.)

Welcome to the present, marchlight!

Belated happy 300th, lmjb1964!

And now we've moved on to a new scene. Looks like we've leveled off, and are entering a more civilized area.
Last edited by mscha on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:46 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:47 am UTC

mscha wrote:Quick (and I mean it this time) Image...

Molpies!
The mini molpy showed itself briefly (thanks to BlitzGirl for catching it), and was slightly better visible than before. Some kind of lizard, maybe? (No time to find appropriate ones on Madagascar or in Africa...)
Teased with an edge molpy... Very annoying, GLR! Could it be the edge of LaPetite's beret? (We've been teased with her a few times before, after all.)

And now we've moved on to a new scene. Looks like we've leveled off, and are entering a more civilized area.

I thought lizard as well! It must be true then, right? :D

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:10 am UTC

DARJEELONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:12 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
mscha wrote:Quick (and I mean it this time) Image...

Molpies!
Teased with an edge molpy... Very annoying, GLR! Could it be the edge of LaPetite's beret? (We've been teased with her a few times before, after all.)

I thought lizard as well! It must be true then, right? :D

Yep that's three data points (including me). It's a lizard unless proven otherwise.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:18 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Yep that's three data points (including me). It's a lizard unless proven otherwise.

And we're off to see the lizard, the wonderful lizard of Time...

(and that's all I have time for today folks! Tune in next time when we will hear Ronald ottify:

I'm Waiting for It, just Waiting for It, what a wonderful feeling, I'm waiting again...

)
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:19 am UTC

And again, Cuegan not particularly interested in the world around them.
So what was the “Oh!” all about? Apparently not the cairn or the wood/hatch/whatever, and now also not the basket. Is there anything further to the right that they can see and we can't?
(Or perhaps the “Oh!” was for the cairn, and it simply wasn't interesting enough to say more about it, or to study it in more detail.)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:20 am UTC

Sure, Cuegan, spend five newpix talking about a flutterbee, but nothing about the picnic basket. I hope mscha's right and there's something more exciting just off frame (a house?).

Molpylizard - I like it.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 am UTC

Newpixbot appears to think they're in India. Or perhaps that Cuegan is about to find a tea plantation?
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:37 am UTC

Hey, all of a sudden there are a bunch of us here! But I will no longer be one for the for several newpix, as I am now going off to coma, like I should have done several newpix ago.

Goodnip, and happy comavisions to all!

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:54 am UTC

mscha wrote:My sincere apologies for overreacting.

Now, can the rest of the posters from that page apologize to mscha? This is the first time I've had to do one of those annoyingly difficult pages in ketchup mode, and I was so glad when mscha spoke up, and then he's the one apologizing? I know everyone is proud of the "flame-free" thread, but if it is obtained by having to put up with childish games where everyone tries to make it ever harder to read, then, in my opinion it is a failure.

And now, because I think we need a refresher:
The Complete Rules for Life
1. Be considerate to those around you, and those who will come after you.
2. Don't be stupid.

ZoomanSP wrote:There was a lot of talking about where the OTC takes place in space (Madagascar, Africa, Randallverse), but not so much about where its takes place in time (besides the possibility of a postapocalyptic scenario). Now I look at this fence here, which looks to me like a barbed wire fence. If that is correct, I think it's the most advanced technology we've seen yet (we don't know for sure what the steambottleugh is).

That is not a barbed wire fence. Split-rail, perhaps. Not sure either narrows the when down very much.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 am UTC

approach-ONG civilizat-ONG ?
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:04 am UTC

SBN, I appreciate your support, but please, nobody apologise to me! Not necessary and will only make me feel worse about it.
Let's just put this behind us and move on, keeping your Complete Rules of Life in mind.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:07 am UTC

Just Wait a few newpages, and it'll get better.

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:19 am UTC

kenmelken wrote:I loved the "Sound of Music" ottifications! Very well done.

Let's just hope for Cuegan's sake that they don't suddenly find the hills to be alive (i.e. earthquake).

When you stop to think about it, what exactly is the "sound" of music? We know what music is (or argue about same), but what sound does music make? It's like The White Knight explaining to Alice what the name of the song is called :roll: .
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:22 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'll have to defy papal decree for this page for the sake of readability. Just as an idea, maybe people would be more willing to obey if the decree were to maximize vowels (i.e. find synonyms that have more vowels)? It would be more readable, and perhaps more interesting in my pants.
rmmbr n thrcmc n th tpc f nmbr f vwls n wrds. t's ll rltd!
k.bookbinder wrote:Not that I am one to dissent, but you do realize you are more likely to start a debate about whether or not Y is a vowel, rather than actually expect us to post without vowels :)

Wht's th pnt f ppl dcr wtht dssnt?
nhw, m pnn s tht th stts f Y s vwl dpnds n hw t s sd.

[nonje idot]msche os currict. O wuld saggist wi ruteti thi vuwils by uni pleci (ognurong Y) bat O'm nut sari thet's eny bittir.

Ummm... youse guys DO know that disemvowelment is reserved strictly as a punishment for boingboing flamers? I guess it doesn't count if you choose to do it to yourself, tho.
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:24 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Turns out Some Work equated to very little work - the Newpix-O-Meter Desktop Edition v2 is now complete! Now featuring fancy javascript to make it look nice. ChronosDragon intends to add a enlargification button to the next update, for maximal newpixdisplayification!

ETA: ChronosDragon also wishes he could add these things to the one in his signature, but unfortunately the forums would not allow the javascript. He thinks its probably fine, though.

Very nice! :mrgreen:

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh no! We like you, lmjb! Please accept this belated cake:
Spoiler:

Indeed. Happy 300!! Oh, cake for breakfast. Yum.

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
Eternal Density wrote:

Oh, more cake for breakfast. Double yum.

mscha wrote:DARJEELONGS...
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

Megan will eat weird berries from a strange tree, yet does not consider to see if something tasty may have been left behind in a picnic basket? Which also makes me wonder, who would leave a picnic basket like that? Unless, they left in a hurry.

I am beginning to think that the cairn was recognizable to them. Perhaps they are familiar with it as a boundary marker of some sort, such as the people in the hills or the tent people might use to mark the edge of their territory/settlement. It could be that the "Oh!" uttered by Megan was one of surprise, not at finding a cairn, per say, but at realizing there is a settlement ahead. That may also explain why then seem to have no interest in the fence or picnic basket.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:26 am UTC

cellocgw wrote:
kenmelken wrote:I loved the "Sound of Music" ottifications! Very well done.

Let's just hope for Cuegan's sake that they don't suddenly find the hills to be alive (i.e. earthquake).

When you stop to think about it, what exactly is the "sound" of music? We know what music is (or argue about same), but what sound does music make? It's like The White Knight explaining to Alice what the name of the song is called :roll: .

Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 am UTC

kenmelken wrote:
EDIT: Well... it appears that kenmelken can stop talking in 3rd person because it is a NewPage!

So, I once again find myself at the top of a page. Hmm. Last time, I decided to be SUPREME EMPEROR instead of pope and instill a reign of terror, due to disagreement about the continuance of papacies. Some people didn't like me calling myself supreme emperor, so, this time I will compromise and declare myself merely the Semi-Supreme Emperor and begin my second (semi-)reign of (semi-)terror. (Btw, if I had stuck with being pope last time and this time instead of emperor, this would be my 10th papacy)

As for decrees... I think we need a rest, so I merely decree that everyone be happy and nice. :) I guess that doesn't make my (semi-)reign one of very much (semi-)terror, but that's okay. I'm not very good at being terrible anyway... ;)

Welcome, O' Honorable Semi-Supreme Emperorishness! I applaud your title. Off & on at OutsideWork, I go by Galactic Overlord, which if nothing else helps make shared directories on servers easy to find :D .
I take it your last quoted comment there means that you're terrible at being terrible? :oops:
Former OTTer

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 am UTC

Wee ketchup here

<snip>

Hmmm, down a molpy hole?

@Neil_Boekend later suggests: under a rock. Works for me.

It took several newpix before @BlueCrab mentions that they don't find interesting what we did. All the talk was about popal matters. Is the OTT suddenly more important than the OTC?

pope semi-emperor @kenmelken is to be commended for ending the crazy.

azule wrote:Q3:Didn't, but congrats! May 300 molpies cupcakes make their home yours. ;)

FTFY, I think. Imagine the mess, otherwise

SBN wrote:And now, because I think we need a refresher:
The Complete Rules for Life
1. Be considerate to those around you, and those who will come after you.
2. Don't be stupid.

I'd only add:
3. Obey no pope.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”